Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | CYOA: Rogue's Journey [Day 2]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50965805] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/509659/50965805.png[/img] [/url][/center] Akali observes the paths, trying to see if there's any signs that one is older. The bare branches stretching up the path the right are foreboding but could also be a sign it was more traveled by others. "[b]Marsh Chokers[/b] I say. But hold on a second I wanna snack if we gotta keep walking at this pace." [b]Item gone:[/b] [item=balsas anole]
Akali observes the paths, trying to see if there's any signs that one is older. The bare branches stretching up the path the right are foreboding but could also be a sign it was more traveled by others.
"Marsh Chokers I say. But hold on a second I wanna snack if we gotta keep walking at this pace."
Item gone:
Balsas Anole
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
[size=2]@coppermucky[/size] Nubbis' eyes traveled from one path to the other, his body too tired for him to make such an important decision. "Do I really have to choose?" He inquired with a pout, but his little protest ended when he encountered Ellora's austere figure. "[b]To the right then.[/b]" The young Pearlcatcher felt very tired and with great regret he left what was left of his [item=Vegetable oil] behind. His only consolation was that at least he had a little less weight to carry.
@coppermucky

Nubbis' eyes traveled from one path to the other, his body too tired for him to make such an important decision.

"Do I really have to choose?" He inquired with a pout, but his little protest ended when he encountered Ellora's austere figure. "To the right then."

The young Pearlcatcher felt very tired and with great regret he left what was left of his Vegetable Oil behind. His only consolation was that at least he had a little less weight to carry.

Assinatura.png I'm a 6+FR time
English is not my native language
---
You can visit my Hatchery and Art Shop
@coppermucky i'd like to join up please! ^;^ here is my bag: [quote][center][item=Brushhunter's Arctic Bags] [item=Sandyshore Sea Bass] [item=Sandstrike Hedgehog] [item=Sandhills Amaranth] [item=Grey Clay] [item=Green Goo] [item=Pretty Pink Arm Bow] [item=Trilobite Fossil][/center] [/quote] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33783218] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/337833/33783218_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [b]Isidora[/b] shifted her heave bag again. It was time to get rid of the [b]Grey Clay[/b]. Why did she pack it in the first place? It weighed like Clay! The way through to [b]Marsh Choker[/b] looked right to her. She couldn't explain why. "Let's try the way to the right." What could go wrong?
@coppermucky

i'd like to join up please! ^;^
here is my bag:

Quote:
Brushhunter's Arctic Bags

Sandyshore Sea Bass Sandstrike Hedgehog Sandhills Amaranth
Grey Clay Green Goo Pretty Pink Arm Bow Trilobite Fossil

Isidora shifted her heave bag again. It was time to get rid of the Grey Clay. Why did she pack it in the first place? It weighed like Clay!

The way through to Marsh Choker looked right to her. She couldn't explain why. "Let's try the way to the right." What could go wrong?
DECISION 1: You decide to get rid of one item in your pack to make the load lighter. Which 1 item do you choose to get rid of? [item=Jar of Side Scales] DECISION 2: Which path do you choose: the Manaweed path (on the left) or the Marsh Choker path (in the right)? Flavia would choose the Marsh Choker Path, I'm sure! No time to RP because I'm running an IF event in water because of wavecrest! :D But it ends today so I'll come back for a proper RP gameplay soon! @coppermucky
DECISION 1: You decide to get rid of one item in your pack to make the load lighter. Which 1 item do you choose to get rid of?

Jar of Side Scales

DECISION 2: Which path do you choose: the Manaweed path (on the left) or the Marsh Choker path (in the right)?

Flavia would choose the Marsh Choker Path, I'm sure!

No time to RP because I'm running an IF event in water because of wavecrest! :D
But it ends today so I'll come back for a proper RP gameplay soon!

@coppermucky
o163-d1-Mudy.pngo163-d2-Mudy.pngo163-d3-Mudy.pngo163-d4-Mudy.pngo163-d5-Mudy.png xrunestone-hoard.png x
Mudy | she/they | +8H FR

English is not my mother language
Spruce kills my playstyle.
toss a like to this loser
About & Lore board
navigator-dominance-board.png
@GuardianDragonak Ellora eyes the Mirage Puffer Spines Artemis tossed aside. She gives the Skydancer an approving look… But only for a moment. Then she goes back to frowning. @SolarManta Pandareos notices the Sandyshore Sea Bass. He is a little hungry, but sadly he has no appetite for seafood. It’s too bad it was’t an insect type food, he thinks wistfully. But then Ellora calls out to hurry up and he moves on. @Hellan Ellora kicks up some sand as she moves in front of Pelicano and takes over the lead once again. @Riesenraddieb Ellora snorts. “Pandareos thinks maps are a waste of time.” She might have rolled her eyes. Obviously she’s been through this type of situation before with the Pearlcatcher. (The formatting is fine! Thanks for asking.) @ThePaw1122 Pandareos said, “Sounds good! Lets head to the left.” (Can you also pick an item to remove from your bag please? Thanks!) @IronPen Ellora eyes the path to the right. Then looks back at Akali. But before she can say anything, Pandareos heads off toward the Marsh Chokers and she is forced to follow. She overtakes the lead as they continue on. @Sofystikitty Ellora eyed the Vegetable Oil longingly, but left it behind as she began leading the group toward the path to the right. @louisebelcher Ellora kicked at the Grey Clay. What was the point? she wondered, but didn’t say anything about it. “Let’s go!” she commanded instead. (Did sylscarlett talk you into joining? :P Welcome and thanks!) @Mudy (Yay, can't wait!) @sylscarlett (You need to remove something from your bag please. Thanks!) ((Sorry for the disappearance everyone! Quick trip to the hospital. I was only there for 2 days but then I was under strict orders to rest at home. I tried to Gather for the fest a few times, but sitting at my desk took a lot out of me. But I'm much better now!! [emoji=pearlcatcher winking size=1] Let's continue on.))
@GuardianDragonak
Ellora eyes the Mirage Puffer Spines Artemis tossed aside. She gives the Skydancer an approving look… But only for a moment. Then she goes back to frowning.

@SolarManta
Pandareos notices the Sandyshore Sea Bass. He is a little hungry, but sadly he has no appetite for seafood. It’s too bad it was’t an insect type food, he thinks wistfully. But then Ellora calls out to hurry up and he moves on.

@Hellan
Ellora kicks up some sand as she moves in front of Pelicano and takes over the lead once again.

@Riesenraddieb
Ellora snorts. “Pandareos thinks maps are a waste of time.” She might have rolled her eyes. Obviously she’s been through this type of situation before with the Pearlcatcher.

(The formatting is fine! Thanks for asking.)

@ThePaw1122
Pandareos said, “Sounds good! Lets head to the left.”

(Can you also pick an item to remove from your bag please? Thanks!)

@IronPen
Ellora eyes the path to the right. Then looks back at Akali. But before she can say anything, Pandareos heads off toward the Marsh Chokers and she is forced to follow. She overtakes the lead as they continue on.

@Sofystikitty
Ellora eyed the Vegetable Oil longingly, but left it behind as she began leading the group toward the path to the right.

@louisebelcher
Ellora kicked at the Grey Clay. What was the point? she wondered, but didn’t say anything about it. “Let’s go!” she commanded instead.

(Did sylscarlett talk you into joining? :P Welcome and thanks!)

@Mudy
(Yay, can't wait!)

@sylscarlett
(You need to remove something from your bag please. Thanks!)

((Sorry for the disappearance everyone! Quick trip to the hospital. I was only there for 2 days but then I was under strict orders to rest at home. I tried to Gather for the fest a few times, but sitting at my desk took a lot out of me. But I'm much better now!! Let's continue on.))
@SolarManta @Riesenraddieb @IronPen @Sofystikitty @louisebelcher @Mudy The group turns to the right side of path, and in a single file, you continue onward. You hope that the name “choker” isn’t a sign of bad things to come. Your feet crunch the leaves and twigs littering the ground. It feels as if no one had walked on this ground in years. You see no footprints or signs of life anywhere. You’re certain you choose the wrong path. Disheartened, you fall behind - hating the weight of your satchel, hating the incline of the hill, hating the darkness of the night. You can see light in the distance, but no matter how much you walk, the light stays firmly [i]in the distance[/i]. “Hey, Pandareos,” Ellora calls out from the head of the pack, “Does anything look familiar? Are we heading in the right direction?” You can swear there is a slight hint of mocking in her voice. And that it’s directed at you. You are sure she doesn’t like you very much. That’s fine, you think, the feeling is mutual. “Well,” Pandareos hesitates. “What?” “We’re going the right way.” Yes! You picked the right direction. You’ll be home soon! You start to think about the clan you left behind — “But, well, the thing is…” Pandareos continues, “we’re going the long way. It’s going to take us an extra day to get back.” And just like that, you go back to being disheartened. - - - - - After a few hours, Ellora stops the group with a single hand gesture. She then signals for everyone to be quiet. You look around you, but you don’t see anything. The attack comes on so suddenly, it takes you and Pandareos completely unaware. Four Roving Lionsnake surround you. Ellora is taking on two at a time. You try to fight off the one closest to you the best you can, but you can see that you’re out-numbered. “Run!” Pandareos shouts. You agree wholeheartedly. You take off running, but one of them grabs at your satchel. It tugs [i]hard[/i]. You feel something fall out of it, but you don’t have time to check. You run as fast as you can. Pandareos and Ellora are beside you. The ground shakes under the force of your exertions. Finally Ellora slows down. You find a fairly clean, large rock and sit down, gasping for breath. You drop your bag at your feet and do a quick check of what’s inside. [quote][b]DECISION 1[/b]: What item fell out of your bag?[/quote] - - - - - You know you’ve been climbing a steep hill these last few hours. Pretty soon the three of you come out of the forest to find yourselves at the edge of a cliff. You can hear the water flowing below. But you’re too busy looking at the path in front of you. Or, what could only be laughingly called a path. [url=https://imgur.com/pFeO85D.png][img]https://imgur.com/pFeO85D.png[/img][/url] The stairs seem to be constructed of the flimsiest timber you’ve ever seen. They sway a little. How are they going to hold the three of you? And to make matters worse, the fog has rolled in, obscuring your vision. You could try flying in this, but it probably isn't advisable. Who knows what obstacles lay in front of you that you can't see? You take a deep breath and begin your descend. Your blood runs cold with every echoing footstep. You couldn't see anything. You cautiously feel each step with your foot, one stair at a time, slowly. Making your way careful down the steep, rickety steps takes all of your concentration. When your bag begins to slip, you don’t notice. The weight of it pulls it off your shoulder and before you can reach out to grab for it, it’s gone — down the sharp side of the cliff and then splash! Right into the water. You hear Pandareos call out something, but you aren’t paying attention to him. Your treasure! Your trinkets and shiny baubles! Everything you worked hard to steal this last week is now gone. Throwing caution to the wind, you hurry down the steps and cross over to the even more rickety dock. But it’s too late. Your bag has been swept downstream by the current. You can’t see anything but fog in front of you. Pandareos claps you soothingly on the back. “I’m sorry.” You try not to be a pest, but you think it’s easy for him to be sorry. He still has all his stolen treasures! It’s not fair. You sigh. When Pandareos and Ellora continue on, you join them, feeling a lot lighter. And a lot sadder. The water disappears through the thick trees and once again you are in the middle of the woods. The fog makes the night eerily dark. The only sounds you hear are your footsteps and the flowing river somewhere to your right. At a bend in the path, Pandareos drops down to his knees, reaching for something. You realize the darkness in front of you is the river. You can hear it even louder now. Pandareos strains forward. Ellora yells out and reaches to hold on to him before he falls in. You put a steadying hand on his shoulder. What is he doing?, you wonder. He pulls something out of the water. “Your bag!” he says triumphantly. At the same time, you all hear the rustling of leaves and feel the ground shake under you. Something is headed in your direction. You don’t have time to inspect your bag. You don’t even have time to properly thank Pandareos. You throw your satchel over your shoulder and run to catch up to your group. - - - - - You don’t notice when the fog turns slightly blue. Pretty soon the three of you are surrounded by an eerie blue mist. You cough. The mist is hard to breath. As you begin to wonder how safe it is, Ellora calls out, “We’re not alone!” There have been all sorts of creatures stirring in the woods. But this one is sitting so still that you almost don’t see her until she starts speaking. “The mist, It sits and sits and it will persist. Deep inside, kept afloat, amidst a dragon’s throat.” The Ichor Nymph kneels on a tree stump. Her words sound like a song, like a nursery rhyme recited by a wild-eyed child. “Ichor Nymphs are known for telling lies,” Ellora growls. “Ignore her!” Her words are weakened by her coughing fit. “The dragon dismissed, with clenched fist, like a braying goat my attempt to assist. But please I insist that you take note! An antidote it does exist.” She flies over the small field of Glow Mushrooms. Pandareos says, “I’ve heard of this. I think she’s telling the truth.” It comes down to you. On one hand, Ichor Nymphs are known liars. On the other hand, you can feel the mist coating the inside of your throat. Could it be poisonous? Eating some Glowing Mushrooms couldn’t hurt, could it? [quote][b]DECISION 2[/b]: Do you choose to eat the Mushrooms or do you choose to ignore the Nymph’s advice?[/quote] - - - - - [url=https://imgur.com/JduOPO5.png][img]https://imgur.com/JduOPO5.png[/img][/url] The path in front of you has spit into two directions. “We should go to the right,” Pandareos says firmly. “There are stairs over there! I don’t want to climb any more stairs. I think the blue mist is even denser on that side.” “We should go to the left!” Ellora says. “Am I the only one seeing the Dire Vulture perched over the other path? We should definitely go in the direction away from the giant corpse-eating bird.” Pandareos turns to you. “You’re the tie-breaking vote. Which way should we go?” They both make really good points. The path to the left looks scary. The path to the right looks scary, too. Why couldn’t there be a third path? [quote][b]DECISION 3[/b]: Which path do you choose: the one up the stairs (on your left) or the level path (on your right)?[/quote]
@SolarManta @Riesenraddieb @IronPen @Sofystikitty @louisebelcher @Mudy

The group turns to the right side of path, and in a single file, you continue onward. You hope that the name “choker” isn’t a sign of bad things to come.

Your feet crunch the leaves and twigs littering the ground. It feels as if no one had walked on this ground in years. You see no footprints or signs of life anywhere.

You’re certain you choose the wrong path.

Disheartened, you fall behind - hating the weight of your satchel, hating the incline of the hill, hating the darkness of the night. You can see light in the distance, but no matter how much you walk, the light stays firmly in the distance.

“Hey, Pandareos,” Ellora calls out from the head of the pack, “Does anything look familiar? Are we heading in the right direction?” You can swear there is a slight hint of mocking in her voice. And that it’s directed at you. You are sure she doesn’t like you very much. That’s fine, you think, the feeling is mutual.

“Well,” Pandareos hesitates.

“What?”

“We’re going the right way.” Yes! You picked the right direction. You’ll be home soon! You start to think about the clan you left behind — “But, well, the thing is…” Pandareos continues, “we’re going the long way. It’s going to take us an extra day to get back.”

And just like that, you go back to being disheartened.

- - - - -

After a few hours, Ellora stops the group with a single hand gesture. She then signals for everyone to be quiet. You look around you, but you don’t see anything. The attack comes on so suddenly, it takes you and Pandareos completely unaware. Four Roving Lionsnake surround you. Ellora is taking on two at a time. You try to fight off the one closest to you the best you can, but you can see that you’re out-numbered.

“Run!” Pandareos shouts. You agree wholeheartedly. You take off running, but one of them grabs at your satchel. It tugs hard. You feel something fall out of it, but you don’t have time to check. You run as fast as you can. Pandareos and Ellora are beside you. The ground shakes under the force of your exertions.

Finally Ellora slows down. You find a fairly clean, large rock and sit down, gasping for breath. You drop your bag at your feet and do a quick check of what’s inside.

Quote:
DECISION 1: What item fell out of your bag?

- - - - -

You know you’ve been climbing a steep hill these last few hours. Pretty soon the three of you come out of the forest to find yourselves at the edge of a cliff. You can hear the water flowing below. But you’re too busy looking at the path in front of you. Or, what could only be laughingly called a path.

pFeO85D.png

The stairs seem to be constructed of the flimsiest timber you’ve ever seen. They sway a little. How are they going to hold the three of you? And to make matters worse, the fog has rolled in, obscuring your vision. You could try flying in this, but it probably isn't advisable. Who knows what obstacles lay in front of you that you can't see?

You take a deep breath and begin your descend. Your blood runs cold with every echoing footstep. You couldn't see anything. You cautiously feel each step with your foot, one stair at a time, slowly.

Making your way careful down the steep, rickety steps takes all of your concentration. When your bag begins to slip, you don’t notice. The weight of it pulls it off your shoulder and before you can reach out to grab for it, it’s gone — down the sharp side of the cliff and then splash! Right into the water.

You hear Pandareos call out something, but you aren’t paying attention to him. Your treasure! Your trinkets and shiny baubles! Everything you worked hard to steal this last week is now gone. Throwing caution to the wind, you hurry down the steps and cross over to the even more rickety dock. But it’s too late. Your bag has been swept downstream by the current. You can’t see anything but fog in front of you.

Pandareos claps you soothingly on the back. “I’m sorry.”

You try not to be a pest, but you think it’s easy for him to be sorry. He still has all his stolen treasures! It’s not fair. You sigh. When Pandareos and Ellora continue on, you join them, feeling a lot lighter. And a lot sadder.

The water disappears through the thick trees and once again you are in the middle of the woods. The fog makes the night eerily dark. The only sounds you hear are your footsteps and the flowing river somewhere to your right.

At a bend in the path, Pandareos drops down to his knees, reaching for something. You realize the darkness in front of you is the river. You can hear it even louder now. Pandareos strains forward. Ellora yells out and reaches to hold on to him before he falls in. You put a steadying hand on his shoulder. What is he doing?, you wonder.

He pulls something out of the water. “Your bag!” he says triumphantly.

At the same time, you all hear the rustling of leaves and feel the ground shake under you. Something is headed in your direction.

You don’t have time to inspect your bag. You don’t even have time to properly thank Pandareos. You throw your satchel over your shoulder and run to catch up to your group.

- - - - -

You don’t notice when the fog turns slightly blue. Pretty soon the three of you are surrounded by an eerie blue mist. You cough. The mist is hard to breath. As you begin to wonder how safe it is, Ellora calls out, “We’re not alone!”

There have been all sorts of creatures stirring in the woods. But this one is sitting so still that you almost don’t see her until she starts speaking.

“The mist, It sits and sits
and it will persist.
Deep inside, kept afloat,
amidst a dragon’s throat.”

The Ichor Nymph kneels on a tree stump. Her words sound like a song, like a nursery rhyme recited by a wild-eyed child.

“Ichor Nymphs are known for telling lies,” Ellora growls. “Ignore her!” Her words are weakened by her coughing fit.

“The dragon dismissed,
with clenched fist,
like a braying goat
my attempt to assist.
But please I insist
that you take note!
An antidote
it does exist.”

She flies over the small field of Glow Mushrooms.

Pandareos says, “I’ve heard of this. I think she’s telling the truth.”

It comes down to you. On one hand, Ichor Nymphs are known liars. On the other hand, you can feel the mist coating the inside of your throat. Could it be poisonous? Eating some Glowing Mushrooms couldn’t hurt, could it?

Quote:
DECISION 2: Do you choose to eat the Mushrooms or do you choose to ignore the Nymph’s advice?

- - - - -

JduOPO5.png

The path in front of you has spit into two directions.

“We should go to the right,” Pandareos says firmly. “There are stairs over there! I don’t want to climb any more stairs. I think the blue mist is even denser on that side.”

“We should go to the left!” Ellora says. “Am I the only one seeing the Dire Vulture perched over the other path? We should definitely go in the direction away from the giant corpse-eating bird.”

Pandareos turns to you. “You’re the tie-breaking vote. Which way should we go?”

They both make really good points. The path to the left looks scary. The path to the right looks scary, too. Why couldn’t there be a third path?

Quote:
DECISION 3: Which path do you choose: the one up the stairs (on your left) or the level path (on your right)?
@GuardianDragonak @Hellan @ThePaw1122 @sylscarlett Your feet crunch the leaves and twigs littering the ground. It feels as if no one had tread on this ground in years. I see no footprints or signs of life anywhere. You’re certain you choose the wrong path. Disheartened, you fall behind slightly - hating the weight of your satchel, hating the incline of the hill, hating the darkness of the night. You still see light in the distance, but no matter how much you walk, the light stays firmly [i]in the distance[/i]. Ellora is walking briskly and you have to move quickly to keep up though. Pretty soon, she slows and then stops. “Pandareos, there is something over here!’’ she calls out. You jog over to look. You have reached the edge of the forest and a wide field opens up before you. The long grass sways in the moonlight. [url=https://imgur.com/stdkk8W.png][img]https://imgur.com/stdkk8W.png[/img][/url] “Did we pick the right path?” you ask, with a hopeful note in your voice. “Yes!” Pandareos says with delight. “Let’s go. We’re almost home!” But less than 30 feet later you encounter a large tree blocking your path. You turn to look at Ellora. Pandareos turns to look at her also. “What?” she asks. “Push it out of the way,” Pandareos explains. “No.” “No?” “No,” she says again. “Number one, I’m tired. Number two, it’s the dead of night. Number three, there’s a giant spider on that tree. If there is 1 spider there might be a nest of spiders. And I’m NOT in the mood to fight even one spider in the dead of night when I’m tired.” “Well, now what?” you ask, half afraid someone might volunteer you to do the chore. Pandareos sighs. “Now we turn back and take the longer path home.” (I know you can easily fly over it, but just go with it that you can't :P) - - - - - After a few hours, you pass by an area torn apart. Something or a few somethings must have attacked each other, or some travelers. Either way, you’re thankful you missed it. A Murkmirth Ambassador is sitting a few feet away with a large flat rock as a table in front of him. He gestures for you to sit. He offers to tell your fortune in exchange for anything: a food item, a material or trinket. Anything you wish to give him. You take him up on his offer. You’ve been wondering how the journey with Pandareos will end. With the images of the Ace of Pentacles and Nine of Pentacles floating through your mind and the really great reading ringing in your ear. you happily offer him something from your knapsack. [quote][b]DECISION 1[/b]: What item do you give the Murkmirth Ambassador?[/quote] Your load doesn’t feel as heavy when you sling your bag over your shoulder. And your feet don’t hurt as much as you walk behind Pandareos and Ellora. The reading has put you in a very good mood. “You would think the Murkmirth gave that one a pair of wings instead a bunch of baloney!” Ellora says, pointing at you. You can hear the mocking in her voice. You’re sure she doesn’t like you very much. That’s fine and the feeling is mutual, you think to yourself happily. - - - - - You’ve been climbing a steep hill these last few hours, but for some reason the climb wasn’t that bad. Pretty soon the three of you come out of the forest to find yourselves at the edge of a cliff. You can hear the water flowing below. But you’re too busy looking at the path in front of you. Or, what could only be laughingly called a path. [url=https://imgur.com/pFeO85D.png][img]https://imgur.com/pFeO85D.png[/img][/url] The stairs seem to be constructed of the flimsiest timber you’ve ever seen. They sway a little. How are they going to hold the three of you? And to make matters worse, the fog has rolled in, obscuring your vision. You could try flying in this, but it probably isn't advisable. Who knows what obstacles lay in front of you that you can't see? You take a deep breath and begin your descend. Your blood runs cold with every echoing footstep. You couldn't see anything. You cautiously feel each step with your foot, one stair at a time, slowly. Making your way careful down the steep, rickety steps takes all of your concentration. When your bag begins to slip, you don’t notice. The weight of it pulls it off your shoulder and before you can reach out to grab for it, it’s gone — down the sharp side of the cliff and then splash! Right into the water. You hear Pandareos call out something, but you aren’t paying attention to him. Your treasure! Your trinkets and shiny baubles! Everything you worked hard to steal this last week is now gone. Throwing caution to the wind, you hurry down the steps and cross over to the even more rickety dock. But it’s too late. Your bag has been swept downstream by the current. You can’t see anything but fog in front of you. Your good luck couldn’t last forever, you think morosely. Pandareos claps you soothingly on the back. “I’m sorry.” You try not to be a pest, but you think it’s easy for him to be sorry. He still has all his stolen treasures! It’s not fair. You sigh. When Pandareos and Ellora continue on, you join them, feeling a lot lighter. And a lot sadder. The water disappears through the thick trees and once again you are in the middle of the woods. The fog makes the night eerily dark. The only sounds you hear are your footsteps and the flowing river somewhere to your right. At a bend in the path, Pandareos drops down to his knees, reaching for something. You realize the darkness in front of you is the river. You can hear it even louder now. Pandareos strains forward. Ellora yells out and reaches to hold on to him before he falls in. You put a steadying hand on his shoulder. What is he doing?, you wonder. He pulls something out of the water. “Your bag!” he says triumphantly. At the same time, you all hear the rustling of leaves and feel the ground shake under you. Something is headed in your direction. You don’t have time to inspect your bag. You don’t even have time to properly thank Pandareos. You throw your satchel over your shoulder and run to catch up to your group. - - - - - You don’t notice when the fog turns slightly blue. Pretty soon the three of you are surrounded by an eerie blue mist. You cough. The mist is hard to breath. As you begin to wonder how safe it is, Ellora calls out, “We’re not alone!” There have been all sorts of creatures stirring in the woods. But this one is sitting so still that you almost don’t see her until she starts speaking. “The mist, It sits and sits and it will persist. Deep inside, kept afloat, amidst a dragon’s throat.” The Ichor Nymph kneels on a tree stump. Her words sound like a song, like a nursery rhyme recited by a wild-eyed child. “Ichor Nymphs are known for their deceit,” Ellora growls. “Ignore her!” Her words are weakened by her coughing fit. “The dragon dismissed, with clenched fist, like a braying goat my attempt to assist. But please I insist that you take note! An antidote it does exist.” She flies over the small field of Glow Mushrooms. Pandareos says, “I’ve heard of this. I think she’s telling the truth.” It comes down to you. On one hand, Ichor Nymphs are known for tricking dragons. On the other hand, you can feel the mist coating the inside of your throat. Could it be poisonous? Eating some Glowing Mushrooms couldn’t hurt, could it? [quote][b]DECISION 2[/b]: Do you choose to eat the Mushrooms or do you choose to ignore the Nymph’s advice?[/quote] - - - - - [url=https://imgur.com/JduOPO5.png][img]https://imgur.com/JduOPO5.png[/img][/url] The path in front of you has spit into two directions. “We should go to the right,” Pandareos says firmly. “There are stairs over there! I don’t want to climb any more stairs. I think the blue mist is even denser on that side.” “We should go to the left!” Ellora says. “Am I the only one seeing the Dire Vulture perched over the other path? We should definitely go in the direction away from the giant corpse-eating bird.” Pandareos turns to you. “You’re the tie-breaking vote. Which way should we go?” They both make really good points. The path to the left looks scary. The path to the right looks scary, too. Why couldn’t there be a third path? [quote][b]DECISION 3[/b]: Which path do you choose: the one up the stairs (on your left) or the level path (on your right)?[/quote]
@GuardianDragonak @Hellan @ThePaw1122 @sylscarlett

Your feet crunch the leaves and twigs littering the ground. It feels as if no one had tread on this ground in years. I see no footprints or signs of life anywhere. You’re certain you choose the wrong path.

Disheartened, you fall behind slightly - hating the weight of your satchel, hating the incline of the hill, hating the darkness of the night. You still see light in the distance, but no matter how much you walk, the light stays firmly in the distance.

Ellora is walking briskly and you have to move quickly to keep up though. Pretty soon, she slows and then stops. “Pandareos, there is something over here!’’ she calls out.

You jog over to look. You have reached the edge of the forest and a wide field opens up before you. The long grass sways in the moonlight.

stdkk8W.png

“Did we pick the right path?” you ask, with a hopeful note in your voice.

“Yes!” Pandareos says with delight. “Let’s go. We’re almost home!”

But less than 30 feet later you encounter a large tree blocking your path. You turn to look at Ellora. Pandareos turns to look at her also.

“What?” she asks.

“Push it out of the way,” Pandareos explains.

“No.”

“No?”

“No,” she says again. “Number one, I’m tired. Number two, it’s the dead of night. Number three, there’s a giant spider on that tree. If there is 1 spider there might be a nest of spiders. And I’m NOT in the mood to fight even one spider in the dead of night when I’m tired.”

“Well, now what?” you ask, half afraid someone might volunteer you to do the chore.

Pandareos sighs. “Now we turn back and take the longer path home.”

(I know you can easily fly over it, but just go with it that you can't :P)

- - - - -

After a few hours, you pass by an area torn apart. Something or a few somethings must have attacked each other, or some travelers. Either way, you’re thankful you missed it.

A Murkmirth Ambassador is sitting a few feet away with a large flat rock as a table in front of him. He gestures for you to sit. He offers to tell your fortune in exchange for anything: a food item, a material or trinket. Anything you wish to give him. You take him up on his offer. You’ve been wondering how the journey with Pandareos will end.

With the images of the Ace of Pentacles and Nine of Pentacles floating through your mind and the really great reading ringing in your ear. you happily offer him something from your knapsack.

Quote:
DECISION 1: What item do you give the Murkmirth Ambassador?

Your load doesn’t feel as heavy when you sling your bag over your shoulder. And your feet don’t hurt as much as you walk behind Pandareos and Ellora. The reading has put you in a very good mood.

“You would think the Murkmirth gave that one a pair of wings instead a bunch of baloney!” Ellora says, pointing at you. You can hear the mocking in her voice. You’re sure she doesn’t like you very much. That’s fine and the feeling is mutual, you think to yourself happily.

- - - - -

You’ve been climbing a steep hill these last few hours, but for some reason the climb wasn’t that bad. Pretty soon the three of you come out of the forest to find yourselves at the edge of a cliff. You can hear the water flowing below. But you’re too busy looking at the path in front of you. Or, what could only be laughingly called a path.

pFeO85D.png

The stairs seem to be constructed of the flimsiest timber you’ve ever seen. They sway a little. How are they going to hold the three of you? And to make matters worse, the fog has rolled in, obscuring your vision. You could try flying in this, but it probably isn't advisable. Who knows what obstacles lay in front of you that you can't see?

You take a deep breath and begin your descend. Your blood runs cold with every echoing footstep. You couldn't see anything. You cautiously feel each step with your foot, one stair at a time, slowly.

Making your way careful down the steep, rickety steps takes all of your concentration. When your bag begins to slip, you don’t notice. The weight of it pulls it off your shoulder and before you can reach out to grab for it, it’s gone — down the sharp side of the cliff and then splash! Right into the water.

You hear Pandareos call out something, but you aren’t paying attention to him. Your treasure! Your trinkets and shiny baubles! Everything you worked hard to steal this last week is now gone. Throwing caution to the wind, you hurry down the steps and cross over to the even more rickety dock. But it’s too late. Your bag has been swept downstream by the current. You can’t see anything but fog in front of you.

Your good luck couldn’t last forever, you think morosely.

Pandareos claps you soothingly on the back. “I’m sorry.”

You try not to be a pest, but you think it’s easy for him to be sorry. He still has all his stolen treasures! It’s not fair. You sigh. When Pandareos and Ellora continue on, you join them, feeling a lot lighter. And a lot sadder.

The water disappears through the thick trees and once again you are in the middle of the woods. The fog makes the night eerily dark. The only sounds you hear are your footsteps and the flowing river somewhere to your right.

At a bend in the path, Pandareos drops down to his knees, reaching for something. You realize the darkness in front of you is the river. You can hear it even louder now. Pandareos strains forward. Ellora yells out and reaches to hold on to him before he falls in. You put a steadying hand on his shoulder. What is he doing?, you wonder.

He pulls something out of the water. “Your bag!” he says triumphantly.

At the same time, you all hear the rustling of leaves and feel the ground shake under you. Something is headed in your direction.

You don’t have time to inspect your bag. You don’t even have time to properly thank Pandareos. You throw your satchel over your shoulder and run to catch up to your group.

- - - - -

You don’t notice when the fog turns slightly blue. Pretty soon the three of you are surrounded by an eerie blue mist. You cough. The mist is hard to breath. As you begin to wonder how safe it is, Ellora calls out, “We’re not alone!”

There have been all sorts of creatures stirring in the woods. But this one is sitting so still that you almost don’t see her until she starts speaking.

“The mist, It sits and sits
and it will persist.
Deep inside, kept afloat,
amidst a dragon’s throat.”

The Ichor Nymph kneels on a tree stump. Her words sound like a song, like a nursery rhyme recited by a wild-eyed child.

“Ichor Nymphs are known for their deceit,” Ellora growls. “Ignore her!” Her words are weakened by her coughing fit.

“The dragon dismissed,
with clenched fist,
like a braying goat
my attempt to assist.
But please I insist
that you take note!
An antidote
it does exist.”

She flies over the small field of Glow Mushrooms.

Pandareos says, “I’ve heard of this. I think she’s telling the truth.”

It comes down to you. On one hand, Ichor Nymphs are known for tricking dragons. On the other hand, you can feel the mist coating the inside of your throat. Could it be poisonous? Eating some Glowing Mushrooms couldn’t hurt, could it?

Quote:
DECISION 2: Do you choose to eat the Mushrooms or do you choose to ignore the Nymph’s advice?

- - - - -

JduOPO5.png

The path in front of you has spit into two directions.

“We should go to the right,” Pandareos says firmly. “There are stairs over there! I don’t want to climb any more stairs. I think the blue mist is even denser on that side.”

“We should go to the left!” Ellora says. “Am I the only one seeing the Dire Vulture perched over the other path? We should definitely go in the direction away from the giant corpse-eating bird.”

Pandareos turns to you. “You’re the tie-breaking vote. Which way should we go?”

They both make really good points. The path to the left looks scary. The path to the right looks scary, too. Why couldn’t there be a third path?

Quote:
DECISION 3: Which path do you choose: the one up the stairs (on your left) or the level path (on your right)?
@coppermucky The [item=Aether Hermit] fell. [b]Decision 1:[/b] Tarnish gives up the [item=Black Witch]. [b]Decision 2:[/b] Eat the glow mushrooms! "Looks fun," he rasped, jokingly. [b]Decision 3:[/b] The right. (Level path) "As you said, Ellora. It's a giant [i]corpse[/i] eating bird. We're not corpses just yet."
@coppermucky
The Aether Hermit fell.

Decision 1: Tarnish gives up the Black Witch .

Decision 2: Eat the glow mushrooms!
"Looks fun," he rasped, jokingly.

Decision 3: The right. (Level path)
"As you said, Ellora. It's a giant corpse eating bird. We're not corpses just yet."
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50965805] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/509659/50965805_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Dec 1: [item=bioluminescent tail] Dec 2+3: While part of me wants to not eat the mushrooms cause surely the mist will end...well since I'm choosing the [b]Left[/b] path it's best I try and get the mist out so I'll [b]eat a mushroom[/b]. After the last disaster of you picking path choices you'll take the obvious signs of civilization. (I'm glad to hear you're okay! I was getting worried with how long it'd been.)
Dec 1: Bioluminescent Tail
Dec 2+3: While part of me wants to not eat the mushrooms cause surely the mist will end...well since I'm choosing the Left path it's best I try and get the mist out so I'll eat a mushroom. After the last disaster of you picking path choices you'll take the obvious signs of civilization.

(I'm glad to hear you're okay! I was getting worried with how long it'd been.)
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
@coppermucky Decision One: I look into my bag and see that something is missing. Suddenly, it hits me. My [item=Marva's Durable Craft Kit] Marva's Durable Craft Kit is gone! From past experiences, I know not to trust anykind of monster, buuutttt I am incredibly stupid so I lift it to my mouth. Beside, if it doesn’t work I would probably die either way.. I decide to go with the level path, a (hopefully) sign of civilization.
@coppermucky
Decision One: I look into my bag and see that something is missing. Suddenly, it hits me. My Marva's Durable Craft Kit Marva's Durable Craft Kit is gone! From past experiences, I know not to trust anykind of monster, buuutttt I am incredibly stupid so I lift it to my mouth. Beside, if it doesn’t work I would probably die either way.. I decide to go with the level path, a (hopefully) sign of civilization.
He/Him|WARNING! I eat pancakes|FR time+2|Weird|This, along with my clan profile, is a big WIP
SM’s Leveling and Grinding
3EEgU.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7