Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Wings Of Fire Mafia [Discussion] [END]
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 178 179
Hello, everyone! My name is Kimdra, and I'm really excited to play with you all! I've had a long day and I'm currently double-booked for mafia because I got ahead of myself, but I'll do my best to participate and have fun. As for questions: [b]What is your opinion on day 1 lynches?[/b] I guess this is an unpopular opinion here, but I think lynching on D1 is vitally important because it gives us information on who voted for whom and who didn't vote at all. Lynching is town's only weapon against maf, and with time against us, I think wasting a day is not a good idea. [b]What do you think of sheeping/lurking?[/b] I think both are super scummy. Lurking is unhelpful town at best, maf at worst. I understand that real life can get in the way sometimes (that's been the case for me today), but I believe everyone should participate to the best of their abilities. More activity = more for us to analyze. Sheeping is baaaaad because it makes it easier for mafia to blend in and/or sway votes. I think it's reasonable to agree with or be convinced by another player's logic from time to time, but if someone consistently repeats what others say without offering thoughts of their own, I get highly suspicious of them. [b]Do you believe in sussing people on day 1?[/b] Squinting? Yes, but outright sussing, not really. Unless someone says or does something that's really obviously suspicious, like a scumslip, I think day one is best used for analyzing people's interactions with each other and trying to figure out who is potentially suspicious. [quote name="clw23" date=2018-01-03 06:19:09] Sheeping is bad [/quote] Also, I just wanted to say that my tired brain misread this as "sleeping" and I was like "Woah, clw plays hard."
Hello, everyone! My name is Kimdra, and I'm really excited to play with you all! I've had a long day and I'm currently double-booked for mafia because I got ahead of myself, but I'll do my best to participate and have fun.

As for questions:

What is your opinion on day 1 lynches?

I guess this is an unpopular opinion here, but I think lynching on D1 is vitally important because it gives us information on who voted for whom and who didn't vote at all. Lynching is town's only weapon against maf, and with time against us, I think wasting a day is not a good idea.

What do you think of sheeping/lurking?

I think both are super scummy. Lurking is unhelpful town at best, maf at worst. I understand that real life can get in the way sometimes (that's been the case for me today), but I believe everyone should participate to the best of their abilities. More activity = more for us to analyze.

Sheeping is baaaaad because it makes it easier for mafia to blend in and/or sway votes. I think it's reasonable to agree with or be convinced by another player's logic from time to time, but if someone consistently repeats what others say without offering thoughts of their own, I get highly suspicious of them.

Do you believe in sussing people on day 1?

Squinting? Yes, but outright sussing, not really. Unless someone says or does something that's really obviously suspicious, like a scumslip, I think day one is best used for analyzing people's interactions with each other and trying to figure out who is potentially suspicious.

clw23 wrote on 2018-01-03:
Sheeping is bad

Also, I just wanted to say that my tired brain misread this as "sleeping" and I was like "Woah, clw plays hard."
|______________| OOL8tGM.gif |___| }FR+0
she/her
|___| FEJeTed.gif
@Ilovepits

I'm pretty sure this isn't an RP game, though I suppose someone could make one, when the game is over, if there's enough interest.
@Ilovepits

I'm pretty sure this isn't an RP game, though I suppose someone could make one, when the game is over, if there's enough interest.
tumblr_inline_mfafr3dSgD1qaw0bs.giftumblr_inline_ojq6kqtzXZ1r2ao8y_540.pngZHoIQus.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kwwlmN1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_mfafqzd4Ea1qaw0bs.gif
tumblr_inline_mgtqahOFYp1qk1or3.gif4oL1PD6.pngtumblr_inline_mgtqahOFYp1qk1or3.gif
[quote name="GilatheHybrid" date=2018-01-03 17:24:40] I find sussing people on day 1 extremely suspicious. Not so much on later days, though, because how are we supposed to learn anything without looking closely? [/quote] Why? Sussing has to start at some point? For me Sussing d1 Generally fine. Sussing has to start anyway. Lynch d1 We can see different people’s reactions before and after the lynch and no matter if they flip scum or town we learn something Sheeping Unavoidable in this game as most are newbies. I sus people when they suddenly shift from highly susing someone to another person who was less suspicious to them though. Lurking Unless we do not have another suspect, I won’t vote to lynch someone who is lurking. They can be modkilled/replaced to make the game more fun.
GilatheHybrid wrote on 2018-01-03:
I find sussing people on day 1 extremely suspicious. Not so much on later days, though, because how are we supposed to learn anything without looking closely?
Why? Sussing has to start at some point?

For me
Sussing d1
Generally fine. Sussing has to start anyway.

Lynch d1
We can see different people’s reactions before and after the lynch and no matter if they flip scum or town we learn something

Sheeping
Unavoidable in this game as most are newbies. I sus people when they suddenly shift from highly susing someone to another person who was less suspicious to them though.

Lurking
Unless we do not have another suspect, I won’t vote to lynch someone who is lurking. They can be modkilled/replaced to make the game more fun.
122cdhe.png
Just figured I didn’t explain well enough. [quote name=Heronwing] Sheeping Unavoidable in this game as most are newbies. I sus people when they suddenly shift from highly susing someone to another person who was less suspicious to them though.[/quote] I meant I find it sus when someone suddenly shifts their suspicion when they were originally tunnelling/ highly suspecting someone else.
Just figured I didn’t explain well enough.
Heronwing wrote:
Sheeping
Unavoidable in this game as most are newbies. I sus people when they suddenly shift from highly susing someone to another person who was less suspicious to them though.

I meant I find it sus when someone suddenly shifts their suspicion when they were originally tunnelling/ highly suspecting someone else.
122cdhe.png
[quote name="Heronwing" date=2018-01-03 18:07:08] Unless we do not have another suspect, I won’t vote to lynch someone who is lurking. They can be modkilled/replaced to make the game more fun. [/quote] I have to agree that lurkers are typically replaced and modkilled and so lynching them wouldn't be productive but what I really meant to ask were thoughts on people that posted bare minimum and continues to do throughout the game.
Heronwing wrote on 2018-01-03:
Unless we do not have another suspect, I won’t vote to lynch someone who is lurking. They can be modkilled/replaced to make the game more fun.
I have to agree that lurkers are typically replaced and modkilled and so lynching them wouldn't be productive but what I really meant to ask were thoughts on people that posted bare minimum and continues to do throughout the game.
vCw0cRK.pngB5FQIol.png

I honestly have a neutral opinion on day 1 lynches. I see and understand both the pros and cons, but I don't really take a side for or against honestly.

I honestly dont like it, but if its just a small amount I don't see much of a problem.

Well... I do believe in some sussing, trying to find leads. But I don't believe in running someone down day 1. Maybe late game when we have something to go on, but just attacking one person and driving them into the ground is a bit of a no.

these are terrible whoops.

I honestly have a neutral opinion on day 1 lynches. I see and understand both the pros and cons, but I don't really take a side for or against honestly.

I honestly dont like it, but if its just a small amount I don't see much of a problem.

Well... I do believe in some sussing, trying to find leads. But I don't believe in running someone down day 1. Maybe late game when we have something to go on, but just attacking one person and driving them into the ground is a bit of a no.

these are terrible whoops.
Helop imma Combee

Don't have too much of an opinion. Depends mostly on player/mafia ratio if given.

new/gave up on life/scum

It's funny, especially if it turns out right
Helop imma Combee

Don't have too much of an opinion. Depends mostly on player/mafia ratio if given.

new/gave up on life/scum

It's funny, especially if it turns out right
Annnnnd when I'm awake everyone is asleep

Great job

Anyway folks, when referring to your glorious Goddess mod, you may call me Frosty, and I'm a she/her but will use they/them. FR+16 my signature lies.

Alright I'm going back to becoming a godmod
Annnnnd when I'm awake everyone is asleep

Great job

Anyway folks, when referring to your glorious Goddess mod, you may call me Frosty, and I'm a she/her but will use they/them. FR+16 my signature lies.

Alright I'm going back to becoming a godmod
s3Pq7DK.png -Frosty
-She/Her
- INFP, Chaotic Good
-15+ FR Time
-Wildclaw/Pearlcatcher collector
-Wishlist
UOMMe9w.png
@clw23
Well... if they are newbies I am super sus.
If not... depends on meta
@clw23
Well... if they are newbies I am super sus.
If not... depends on meta
122cdhe.png
Oh yeah and btw, either we lynch mod right now or we don’t.
Frosty probably has an ethereal that may possibly benefit the mafia, by what I know about her (and the person who inspired her to do all this)
And I do not like lategame surprises
Oh yeah and btw, either we lynch mod right now or we don’t.
Frosty probably has an ethereal that may possibly benefit the mafia, by what I know about her (and the person who inspired her to do all this)
And I do not like lategame surprises
122cdhe.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 178 179