Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Wings Of Fire Mafia [Discussion] [END]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 178 179

What is your opinion on day 1 lynches?
For town, they are incredibly dangerous. There's next to no information, and the chance of randomly hitting town is far too high. On the other hand, it's a useful tool for maf. If they can get enough town to be sheep, they could widdle down town's numbers at the very beginning. (Unless maf don't know who else is maf day 1. I've never been maf outside of Town of Salem, and you know who's maf day 1. Probably is the same here, but I don't know for certain.)

What do you think of sheeping/lurking?
Lurking on purpose is a great way to stay out of people's radars early game, but it ends up hurting the lurker mid-late game. Eventually, people are going to take notice and become suspicious. Lurking because you don't have the time is inexcusable. Don't join if availability is an issue. If a busy day arises, it takes ten minutes to skim the chat and post an opinion.

Just don't be sheep. Always have a reason for doing things. Agreeing with someone else's logic, in my opinion, is the minimal amount of reason. Don't do anything simply on the premise that everyone else is doing it.

Do you believe in sussing people on day 1?

I find nothing wrong with it, as long as it is kept to oneself. Some people do give off those vibes. Last game I played, I was skeptical of a few users day 1. Turned out most people in my list were scum. However, I had no proof other than a hunch, and I got some wrong. That small some wrong could have caused town a significantly swifter defeat. Long story short, it's okay to be suspicious, but don't out people. If someone is suspicious, watch them like a hawk.

For town, they are incredibly dangerous. There's next to no information, and the chance of randomly hitting town is far too high. On the other hand, it's a useful tool for maf. If they can get enough town to be sheep, they could widdle down town's numbers at the very beginning. (Unless maf don't know who else is maf day 1. I've never been maf outside of Town of Salem, and you know who's maf day 1. Probably is the same here, but I don't know for certain.)

Lurking on purpose is a great way to stay out of people's radars early game, but it ends up hurting the lurker mid-late game. Eventually, people are going to take notice and become suspicious. Lurking because you don't have the time is inexcusable. Don't join if availability is an issue. If a busy day arises, it takes ten minutes to skim the chat and post an opinion.

Just don't be sheep. Always have a reason for doing things. Agreeing with someone else's logic, in my opinion, is the minimal amount of reason. Don't do anything simply on the premise that everyone else is doing it.

I find nothing wrong with it, as long as it is kept to oneself. Some people do give off those vibes. Last game I played, I was skeptical of a few users day 1. Turned out most people in my list were scum. However, I had no proof other than a hunch, and I got some wrong. That small some wrong could have caused town a significantly swifter defeat. Long story short, it's okay to be suspicious, but don't out people. If someone is suspicious, watch them like a hawk.
Just call me Cos! 24, Any/All.
HJLIYn4.png
Roleplayer |Artist | Feral Alien
+4h FR time
I don't like day one lynches for one reason: last time I played Mafia (irl) we lynched the detective first and lost the game... we were pretty sunk after that XD I don't want that to happen again with the FR equivalent. This is my first online game, so I'm sorry if I ask a lot of questions.

I love to participate in discussions, but don't like accusing people without a really good reason, so I may be a bit of a sheep. You can't really see facial expressions here and conversations tend to be a bit slower, so I'll probably be commenting a lot while online.

I have no clue what sussing means and google is no help.
I don't like day one lynches for one reason: last time I played Mafia (irl) we lynched the detective first and lost the game... we were pretty sunk after that XD I don't want that to happen again with the FR equivalent. This is my first online game, so I'm sorry if I ask a lot of questions.

I love to participate in discussions, but don't like accusing people without a really good reason, so I may be a bit of a sheep. You can't really see facial expressions here and conversations tend to be a bit slower, so I'll probably be commenting a lot while online.

I have no clue what sussing means and google is no help.
Yes, there are zeros in my username. Don't ping bookworm by mistake! Fr+3, she/her
@B00KW0RM
sussing = suspecting/questioning

Sheeping= following the crowd without your own reason
(jumping to lynch someone just because everyone else is doing it and not giving a reason)
@B00KW0RM
sussing = suspecting/questioning

Sheeping= following the crowd without your own reason
(jumping to lynch someone just because everyone else is doing it and not giving a reason)
vCw0cRK.pngB5FQIol.png
Ah, thanks! We don't really use this kind of language in my real life games. I'm much more of a leader than a follower, but I dislike being the reason someone innocent is lynched so I don't outright accuse people a lot.

I'm subbed so I don't miss a post! (don't worry, I won't edit again ;)
Ah, thanks! We don't really use this kind of language in my real life games. I'm much more of a leader than a follower, but I dislike being the reason someone innocent is lynched so I don't outright accuse people a lot.

I'm subbed so I don't miss a post! (don't worry, I won't edit again ;)
Yes, there are zeros in my username. Don't ping bookworm by mistake! Fr+3, she/her
@clw23 I don’t think you told us
What are your opinions?
@clw23 I don’t think you told us
What are your opinions?
Cora’s Dragon Canvases ~ http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2348888
w80x6rs.jpg

Neutral view. As I learned from my last Mafia game (which was my first), lynches in general need to be backed up with as much evidence as possible. I actually pushed to lynch a Townie because I read the evidence wrong, which led into me getting killed by a RNG (facepalms @ self). D1 is mostly fluff posts, so you don't have that evidence that you need. Not to mention that I'm still a newb to Mafia, so I don't have the best read on how to play yet.

Last game I was in, both of the lurkers weren't Town (one was 3P, other was Mafia), and based off of that I think lurking is extremely sus.

Sheeping is dangerous and should be avoided, because it's best to think for yourself.

Well, full-out sussing someone based on fluff posts isn't reliable enough for me, but I suppose it may be for others? Again, I'm not very experienced.

Neutral view. As I learned from my last Mafia game (which was my first), lynches in general need to be backed up with as much evidence as possible. I actually pushed to lynch a Townie because I read the evidence wrong, which led into me getting killed by a RNG (facepalms @ self). D1 is mostly fluff posts, so you don't have that evidence that you need. Not to mention that I'm still a newb to Mafia, so I don't have the best read on how to play yet.

Last game I was in, both of the lurkers weren't Town (one was 3P, other was Mafia), and based off of that I think lurking is extremely sus.

Sheeping is dangerous and should be avoided, because it's best to think for yourself.

Well, full-out sussing someone based on fluff posts isn't reliable enough for me, but I suppose it may be for others? Again, I'm not very experienced.
ZpOY68p.gif MVeeidp.png starry_CpvLEvJ.png
— chaotic neutral
— entp-t
— slytherin
— she/her
— FR+3
Well, you're one game more experienced than I am, at least online! Staying quiet in real life works pretty well until I get lynched because people think I'm the killer. I can tell that I'll have to change my strategy for this game lol! I don't want to be lynched because I'm quiet XD

Just a quick question idk if anyone besides mod knows the answer to: What can spectators do, exactly? Besides watch the threads, obviously, but anyone could do that. Can they see our rolecards?
Well, you're one game more experienced than I am, at least online! Staying quiet in real life works pretty well until I get lynched because people think I'm the killer. I can tell that I'll have to change my strategy for this game lol! I don't want to be lynched because I'm quiet XD

Just a quick question idk if anyone besides mod knows the answer to: What can spectators do, exactly? Besides watch the threads, obviously, but anyone could do that. Can they see our rolecards?
On one hand, they reduce the pool of mafia suspects, and If you do hit a mafia, It will benefit town for obvious reasons. On the other hand, if you hit town it is one less for the mafia to care about, and if they were an important role, it would further cripple the town. I'd only ever lynch someone who everyone/most people find suspicious or a lurker on day one. I do not like random lynches, especially very early in the game.

It's okay in small doses if life gets in the way or your reasons for voting are mostly just gut feelings, but too much and you seem like a cornered scum. If you become suspicious this will hurt you a lot. Many other people have much harsher opinions about this than me, so I'd be even more careful.

You don't have nearly as much evidence, but day one is just as important as the other days, so you can definitely sus or be sussed on day one. In fact, @GraceKat99 is giving me mild scum vibes. They are ill prepared for one thing. I don't mind newbies, we were all one at this point, but she doesn't even know what a mafia is. You get a pretty good idea by reading the rules, so I find it hard to believe she doesn't know. Being new is fine, but it's also a good cover for scummy behavior. I don't think we need to take action yet, but we should keep an eye out.
On one hand, they reduce the pool of mafia suspects, and If you do hit a mafia, It will benefit town for obvious reasons. On the other hand, if you hit town it is one less for the mafia to care about, and if they were an important role, it would further cripple the town. I'd only ever lynch someone who everyone/most people find suspicious or a lurker on day one. I do not like random lynches, especially very early in the game.

It's okay in small doses if life gets in the way or your reasons for voting are mostly just gut feelings, but too much and you seem like a cornered scum. If you become suspicious this will hurt you a lot. Many other people have much harsher opinions about this than me, so I'd be even more careful.

You don't have nearly as much evidence, but day one is just as important as the other days, so you can definitely sus or be sussed on day one. In fact, @GraceKat99 is giving me mild scum vibes. They are ill prepared for one thing. I don't mind newbies, we were all one at this point, but she doesn't even know what a mafia is. You get a pretty good idea by reading the rules, so I find it hard to believe she doesn't know. Being new is fine, but it's also a good cover for scummy behavior. I don't think we need to take action yet, but we should keep an eye out.
854_0b2828e6da7a7fa3_I.gif
@B00KW0RM

Spectators watch, typically have a private chat, and access to all private chats (mafia or otherwise) and know our roles/abilities.
@B00KW0RM

Spectators watch, typically have a private chat, and access to all private chats (mafia or otherwise) and know our roles/abilities.
854_0b2828e6da7a7fa3_I.gif
Cool! Thanks! Maybe after this game is over I'll spectate something. I like knowing everything that goes on lol.
Cool! Thanks! Maybe after this game is over I'll spectate something. I like knowing everything that goes on lol.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 178 179