Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [RoR] Glowing Guise Discussion OVER
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 81 82
@SilverWinter

Yes, I do admit to sort of lurking. But I'm trying not to this game. My timezone makes things hard, so I end up playing catch up and not posting as much.
@SilverWinter

Yes, I do admit to sort of lurking. But I'm trying not to this game. My timezone makes things hard, so I end up playing catch up and not posting as much.
Mira | He/They | FR +14
@silverWinter
Sorry if I did not state my position clearly. Day 1 lynches are partially pointless, since we don't know each other well enough yet to really start deciding who is the most suspicious, therefore raising the likelihood of failure. However, a day 1 lynch shows where the land lies, who will be proactive and who won't, and therefore gives a good outline of personalities. Therefore, while we will most likely vote out an innocent, I am of the opinion it is necessary, both for the slim chance we actually get a Mafia the first try(which would be awesome), and for the judgement it will allow us to begin to pass on our fellow players.
This is my first online mafia game, so I wasn't sure... I guess how to start? But observations make sense, so once I have some, I'll try to post them.
Goodnight, everyone.
(oh, and your final suggestion sounded good, but what counts as unhelpful?)
(Sorry if this came out rude or overbearing, I just wanted to try to explain why I posted that.)
@silverWinter
Sorry if I did not state my position clearly. Day 1 lynches are partially pointless, since we don't know each other well enough yet to really start deciding who is the most suspicious, therefore raising the likelihood of failure. However, a day 1 lynch shows where the land lies, who will be proactive and who won't, and therefore gives a good outline of personalities. Therefore, while we will most likely vote out an innocent, I am of the opinion it is necessary, both for the slim chance we actually get a Mafia the first try(which would be awesome), and for the judgement it will allow us to begin to pass on our fellow players.
This is my first online mafia game, so I wasn't sure... I guess how to start? But observations make sense, so once I have some, I'll try to post them.
Goodnight, everyone.
(oh, and your final suggestion sounded good, but what counts as unhelpful?)
(Sorry if this came out rude or overbearing, I just wanted to try to explain why I posted that.)
11512.pngfL0umpy.png
iIT9NR9.png
Sorry for not posting yet - here are my introductions: -TheNightDancer, call me Dancer, Night, whatever; any pronouns; FR+3 -D1 lynches are useful because we have to lynch at some point and lynching D1 gives us information we can use for tomorrow -I haven't played for a bit, so my playstyle is probably a bit wonky. I'm usually not super loud but I do try to voice my opinions. My meta is sort of undergoing a reworking in terms of mindset right now. -I dislike the 'do you like your role' question, in general and especially considering this setup, where no PRs are guaranteed. I don't think it was the reason for the question, but I could see this being rolefishy. -@Marut kind of pings me off with their like but dislike of D1 lynches, but I can see where they're coming from. [quote name="Tanglefire" date=2017-10-16 16:01:00] [quote name="Heronwing" date=2017-10-16 15:59:10] [quote name="Cheshly" date=2017-10-16 09:48:13] You blame Tangle for what? I'm confused. Did Tangle get the role you wanted and you know that because your both maf scum and you talked about it in your chat? [/quote] You didn't understand. You don't understand. And you will never understand. [/quote] what [/quote] What is this related to - Roles? D1 lynching? @Tanglefire seems to be pretty active and towny so far, so I'm inclined to see them as towny. I haven't seen them play mafia before though, and it isn't too hard to appear active in this game so far though, so taken with a grain of salt.
Sorry for not posting yet - here are my introductions:
-TheNightDancer, call me Dancer, Night, whatever; any pronouns; FR+3
-D1 lynches are useful because we have to lynch at some point and lynching D1 gives us information we can use for tomorrow
-I haven't played for a bit, so my playstyle is probably a bit wonky. I'm usually not super loud but I do try to voice my opinions. My meta is sort of undergoing a reworking in terms of mindset right now.
-I dislike the 'do you like your role' question, in general and especially considering this setup, where no PRs are guaranteed. I don't think it was the reason for the question, but I could see this being rolefishy.
-@Marut kind of pings me off with their like but dislike of D1 lynches, but I can see where they're coming from.
Tanglefire wrote on 2017-10-16:
Heronwing wrote on 2017-10-16:
Cheshly wrote on 2017-10-16:
You blame Tangle for what? I'm confused. Did Tangle get the role you wanted and you know that because your both maf scum and you talked about it in your chat?
You didn't understand. You don't understand. And you will never understand.

what
What is this related to - Roles? D1 lynching?
@Tanglefire seems to be pretty active and towny so far, so I'm inclined to see them as towny. I haven't seen them play mafia before though, and it isn't too hard to appear active in this game so far though, so taken with a grain of salt.
968.png
dancer | fr+3 | music shop | g1 sales | wishlist
I managed to tape the broken bits together so my glasses are back, lol.
Anyways, I'm for D1 lynches, since they give information.
I managed to tape the broken bits together so my glasses are back, lol.
Anyways, I'm for D1 lynches, since they give information.
wKjmzCu.gif
|| D A W N
» she/they
» fr+15
‘ A folded paper moon
-like I’m wandering in-between ’

Okay, it has come to my attention I've forgotten to introduce myself. So, hello! I'm Starsoul, I'm a geek, nuff said :3 I'm fr+3, and if I don't reply to a ping, I'm most likely either asleep or at school. I will try to answer any questions as best I can, but I may have a bit of trouble-this is my first mafia-styled game. If you ask me anything, please ping me, so I can spot it sooner!
Okay, it has come to my attention I've forgotten to introduce myself. So, hello! I'm Starsoul, I'm a geek, nuff said :3 I'm fr+3, and if I don't reply to a ping, I'm most likely either asleep or at school. I will try to answer any questions as best I can, but I may have a bit of trouble-this is my first mafia-styled game. If you ask me anything, please ping me, so I can spot it sooner!
Rare-Crystal.pngnMkuik2.gifXkGU4ms.gif
//Basic Introductions?//
Greetings, I'm Meikai or MKA. Anything else is also fine, really. If you want to speak to me directly @ me of course, but I will be reading everything anyway. They or He please, but I'm not here to nitpick I'm here to play. Don't worry if you mess it up o/.

I work retail but I'll be active. I'm PST (due to my hiatus from FR I have no idea what that is compared to FR time, I think I'm on it?)

//Stance on Day 1 lynch?//
Stalling gives maf a free kill. It kinda always sucks to take a wild guess but if we don't get a ball rolling we'll be sitting ducks lol.

//Personal meta? (Your playstyle)//
Decline to answer? I really don't know. I tend to follow on leads even if they dry up in the future. I don't like leaving things unturned.

//Are you happy with your role?//
Oh yeah.

==

@Marut D1 Lynch is going to provide a lot of valuable information since votes, stances, and other things related to it will give us context for a conversation tomorrow. I can respect if you don't like it, but I'd say reconsider. (Shrug lol)

Idk why anybody is even giving @heronwing a response for being edgy. Like, that's such a filler post dude. Way to be ambiguous and edgy.

==

Apologizing for the delay now, I worked 11 hours yesterday (DEFINITELY NOT A REGULAR THING LOL) and then worked a morning shift today, so I literally JUST came and read all of this. Nice to meet all of y'all, don't hesitate to @ me.
//Basic Introductions?//
Greetings, I'm Meikai or MKA. Anything else is also fine, really. If you want to speak to me directly @ me of course, but I will be reading everything anyway. They or He please, but I'm not here to nitpick I'm here to play. Don't worry if you mess it up o/.

I work retail but I'll be active. I'm PST (due to my hiatus from FR I have no idea what that is compared to FR time, I think I'm on it?)

Stalling gives maf a free kill. It kinda always sucks to take a wild guess but if we don't get a ball rolling we'll be sitting ducks lol.

//Personal meta? (Your playstyle)//
Decline to answer? I really don't know. I tend to follow on leads even if they dry up in the future. I don't like leaving things unturned.

//Are you happy with your role?//
Oh yeah.

==

@Marut D1 Lynch is going to provide a lot of valuable information since votes, stances, and other things related to it will give us context for a conversation tomorrow. I can respect if you don't like it, but I'd say reconsider. (Shrug lol)

Idk why anybody is even giving @heronwing a response for being edgy. Like, that's such a filler post dude. Way to be ambiguous and edgy.

==

Apologizing for the delay now, I worked 11 hours yesterday (DEFINITELY NOT A REGULAR THING LOL) and then worked a morning shift today, so I literally JUST came and read all of this. Nice to meet all of y'all, don't hesitate to @ me.
1000000 apologies for no code I literally forgot LMAO
1000000 apologies for no code I literally forgot LMAO
[quote name="@LordMeikai" date=2017-10-16 19:57:55] //Stance on Day 1 lynch?// Stalling gives maf a free kill. It kinda always sucks to take a wild guess but if we don't get a ball rolling we'll be sitting ducks lol. [/quote] Just to clarify that I understand this correctly, you're saying you'd rather random lynch than no lynch, right? Can I ask why if I'm getting that right? [s]For the record I'm clarifying now I'm not saying this as a "let's not lynch at all thing" I'm very against not lynching D1, I just always believe there's somebody at least slightly suspicious to go for and if there really is nothing there's always a way to pick that's got at least some informative value that's not just "We don't know who to kill, just kill NekoNikki because why not."[/s]
@LordMeikai wrote on 2017-10-16:

Just to clarify that I understand this correctly, you're saying you'd rather random lynch than no lynch, right?

Can I ask why if I'm getting that right?

For the record I'm clarifying now I'm not saying this as a "let's not lynch at all thing" I'm very against not lynching D1, I just always believe there's somebody at least slightly suspicious to go for and if there really is nothing there's always a way to pick that's got at least some informative value that's not just "We don't know who to kill, just kill NekoNikki because why not."
alWiqh6.png
Heather|Any Pronoun|FRT+3 (EST)
Oh hey, I forgot about this whoops. I’m my defense I just got home from a con last night pretty late and I spent most of today sleeping.

Fish/whatever you want to call me, he/him but don’t really care about which pronouns are used, FR+3, etc. I’m gonna reread the thread but in advance I don’t think I’ll answer the questionnaire because eh, questionnaires.
Oh hey, I forgot about this whoops. I’m my defense I just got home from a con last night pretty late and I spent most of today sleeping.

Fish/whatever you want to call me, he/him but don’t really care about which pronouns are used, FR+3, etc. I’m gonna reread the thread but in advance I don’t think I’ll answer the questionnaire because eh, questionnaires.
n0vnSpk.png 3bMwIy2.png
@Nekonikki I do think it's best becos preventing a maf night kill can be... really hard on the first night. For scum who all know each other it's practically impossible to misfire-- basically, any kill they make that night WILL benefit them.

Lynching and then evaluating the lynch the next day tends to benefit town. It gives us a way to connect things together such as who voted for who and more importantly who refused to vote for who.

I'm deffff not gonna ask you to like CHANGE YOUR OPINION like whatever that's yours, but mine is that it's bad practice to do a nl day 1.... it's historically just hurt town in my experience.
@Nekonikki I do think it's best becos preventing a maf night kill can be... really hard on the first night. For scum who all know each other it's practically impossible to misfire-- basically, any kill they make that night WILL benefit them.

Lynching and then evaluating the lynch the next day tends to benefit town. It gives us a way to connect things together such as who voted for who and more importantly who refused to vote for who.

I'm deffff not gonna ask you to like CHANGE YOUR OPINION like whatever that's yours, but mine is that it's bad practice to do a nl day 1.... it's historically just hurt town in my experience.
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 81 82