Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [Starfall] Urban Legends CYOA
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 52 53
@Lonefox Hi, thanks for joining us and yes, that's fine! Just make sure you head over to this version of Day Two when you're ready!
@Lonefox Hi, thanks for joining us and yes, that's fine! Just make sure you head over to this version of Day Two when you're ready!
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20108179] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/201082/20108179_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Eirea growled reflexively when she saw the creature, but then realized the Starbears didn't seem scared and, indeed, the creature wasn't doing anything particularly frightening. It was just scrabbling at the meteor. For all she knew, it came [i]from [/i]the meteor and was trying to rescue its family! In the spirit of curiosity and helpfulness, Eirea bellowed into the star-filled night air. She used the special alarm bellow that members of her clan would understand and would get help to her location. So loud was she that a quick response was a sure thing. Satisfied, she settled down amongst the Starbears and watched the creature while waiting for the authorities. Whether good or bad, she'd find out soon enough what was going on.[/b]

20108179_350.png

Eirea growled reflexively when she saw the creature, but then realized the Starbears didn't seem scared and, indeed, the creature wasn't doing anything particularly frightening. It was just scrabbling at the meteor.

For all she knew, it came from the meteor and was trying to rescue its family!

In the spirit of curiosity and helpfulness, Eirea bellowed into the star-filled night air. She used the special alarm bellow that members of her clan would understand and would get help to her location. So loud was she that a quick response was a sure thing.

Satisfied, she settled down amongst the Starbears and watched the creature while waiting for the authorities. Whether good or bad, she'd find out soon enough what was going on.

b6f3d4ea76e68d8090de5809afe1f0105cf2c98e.pngoYfCraJ.png0HxJjfZ.gif TAzcwMk.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30341423] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/303415/30341423_350.png[/img] [/url] Antares stood in the center of the path, watching the bear snuffling along for a moment before flicking her crest and looking up at her familiar, which had curled up on the top on the roof covering her cart full of wares some time ago. "What will it be, do you think? Weird light, or do we keep going?" The wispwillow peryton yawned and stretched its wings before staring down from its perch, blinking in, well, not really an answer, as such, but it was close enough for the coatl. "You are right, we really should continue. The other attending clanmates are likely there already. They are not dragging carts behind them." She huffed in amusement, given said cart a tug and starting to trundle forward once again. "Besides, that light is likely nothing to worry about. These this probably happen all the time in Arcane territory, right?" [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2281629/16#post_29614353]Next Day >>[/url]

30341423_350.png

Antares stood in the center of the path, watching the bear snuffling along for a moment before flicking her crest and looking up at her familiar, which had curled up on the top on the roof covering her cart full of wares some time ago.
"What will it be, do you think? Weird light, or do we keep going?"
The wispwillow peryton yawned and stretched its wings before staring down from its perch, blinking in, well, not really an answer, as such, but it was close enough for the coatl.
"You are right, we really should continue. The other attending clanmates are likely there already. They are not dragging carts behind them." She huffed in amusement, given said cart a tug and starting to trundle forward once again.
"Besides, that light is likely nothing to worry about. These this probably happen all the time in Arcane territory, right?"

Next Day >>
tumblr_ntpomveVBX1tm17oeo5_75sq.png tumblr_od0azcs3HT1s2erpmo2_100.pngtumblr_p6tkjckJgZ1s2erpmo2_r2_250.pngtumblr_od0azcs3HT1s2erpmo1_100.pngtumblr_ntpomveVBX1tm17oeo6_75sq.png
@Lundlaeva I would love to join the game! I assumed that completing Day 1 included the roleplaying section, so I've dropped that in already, just above this post.
@Lundlaeva I would love to join the game! I assumed that completing Day 1 included the roleplaying section, so I've dropped that in already, just above this post.
tumblr_ntpomveVBX1tm17oeo5_75sq.png tumblr_od0azcs3HT1s2erpmo2_100.pngtumblr_p6tkjckJgZ1s2erpmo2_r2_250.pngtumblr_od0azcs3HT1s2erpmo1_100.pngtumblr_ntpomveVBX1tm17oeo6_75sq.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32007153] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/320072/32007153_350.png[/img] [/url] Spacedog was only more and more intrigued as he approached the glow and his eyes adjusted to the light. He could feel his curiosity and instinct warring with each other as he approached the strange glow. Soft, alluring.. he had made sure to mark his path on the way here, right? Now he couldn't remember with that hypnotizing glimmer before him. To be honest, he didn't really mind if he was lost.. there were so many new things to taste here.. the uprooted trees and logs, splintered wood revealing the arcane bugs which lived among the trees. He sampled them and the dirt dug up by the roots, scribbling something down in his book and taking several samples with him. It was a lot easier to gather the spicy bark now that the trees were broken. Nearing the glow, he approached what seemed to be some kind of meteor. Immediately he stopped gathering rare bits of snacks from the Arcane woods and started approaching the glittering meteor. Fascination filling him, he took note of the bears surrounding the meteor before going closer, intent on tasting the meteor which came from the stars. It could be just the ingredient he was missing. Inches away from touching his tongue to the surface of the meteor, he recoiled at a sudden noise. Glancing up, Spacedog felt his blood run cold as he saw the slimy creature with its sickeningly disjointed body scrambling over the meteor. He backed up slowly and surely, trying not to alert the.. whatever it was of his presence. He quickly jotted down a sketch of the creature.. or at least his best attempt at a sketch.. but he just couldn't capture the weird way it could move, the strange stench which came off of it, and the weirdly petrifying quality it seemed to radiate. Honestly.. it reminded him a little of the shade... which was really starting to make him uneasy. Backing up further, he tucked his journal under his arm with the quill trapped inside. Without hesitating, he backed up, with the intent of bolting and trying to find some kind of help nearby.

32007153_350.png

Spacedog was only more and more intrigued as he approached the glow and his eyes adjusted to the light. He could feel his curiosity and instinct warring with each other as he approached the strange glow. Soft, alluring.. he had made sure to mark his path on the way here, right? Now he couldn't remember with that hypnotizing glimmer before him.

To be honest, he didn't really mind if he was lost.. there were so many new things to taste here.. the uprooted trees and logs, splintered wood revealing the arcane bugs which lived among the trees. He sampled them and the dirt dug up by the roots, scribbling something down in his book and taking several samples with him. It was a lot easier to gather the spicy bark now that the trees were broken.

Nearing the glow, he approached what seemed to be some kind of meteor. Immediately he stopped gathering rare bits of snacks from the Arcane woods and started approaching the glittering meteor.

Fascination filling him, he took note of the bears surrounding the meteor before going closer, intent on tasting the meteor which came from the stars. It could be just the ingredient he was missing. Inches away from touching his tongue to the surface of the meteor, he recoiled at a sudden noise.

Glancing up, Spacedog felt his blood run cold as he saw the slimy creature with its sickeningly disjointed body scrambling over the meteor. He backed up slowly and surely, trying not to alert the.. whatever it was of his presence. He quickly jotted down a sketch of the creature.. or at least his best attempt at a sketch.. but he just couldn't capture the weird way it could move, the strange stench which came off of it, and the weirdly petrifying quality it seemed to radiate. Honestly.. it reminded him a little of the shade... which was really starting to make him uneasy.

Backing up further, he tucked his journal under his arm with the quill trapped inside. Without hesitating, he backed up, with the intent of bolting and trying to find some kind of help nearby.
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
@GardenWyrm Yep, that's perfect. (Roleplaying isn't a requirement but you're very welcome to do so if you like - the more the merrier!) I've just checked your Day One response and you need to move on to this version of Day Two ... :)
@GardenWyrm Yep, that's perfect. (Roleplaying isn't a requirement but you're very welcome to do so if you like - the more the merrier!) I've just checked your Day One response and you need to move on to this version of Day Two ... :)
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
@Leucoss Hi! I noticed that you filled in your Day One form after I'd posted Day Two so you missed the ping ... you'll need to head over to this post to continue the adventure! :)
@Leucoss Hi! I noticed that you filled in your Day One form after I'd posted Day Two so you missed the ping ... you'll need to head over to this post to continue the adventure! :)
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35141166] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/351412/35141166_350.png[/img] [/url] Gomrin was seriously starting to question if this bear even [i]knew[/i] where it was going. They had been walking for what felt like hours now, and there seemed to be no change in the terrain or in the animal's behavior to indicate that they were drawing any closer to civilization. And trying to drag his heavy sacks full of supplies through a tangled forest was quite frankly more difficult than it first appeared. He had to give the Starbear credit for its tenacity, however- wherever it was going, it seemed to be awfully determined to get there, no matter whether its travel path was a bit unorthodox or not. Besides, it was likely too late now to turn back and see if he could find his way onto the main path again. He would just have to trust that following this creature had actually been a [i]good[/i] idea. His dread only deepened once he realized that the bear was heading towards the glow that he had seen through the trees earlier, laying one wing over his sword protectively as they made their way forward. Thankfully, when they emerged into the clearing the glow revealed itself to be nothing more than a giant meteor, which wasn't particularly strange [i]or[/i] threatening. Chuckling to himself over how he had been so worried about the source of the glow when it had just been (more or less) a fallen space rock, Gomrin approached, noticing the rather strange amount of Starbears clustered around the meteor but deciding not to be concerned about it. If any of the creatures actually turned hostile towards him, [i]then[/i] he would be much less inclined to tolerate their presence, but until now he was rather content to have them there to reassure him. Besides, if they weren't stressed about the appearance of the rock, then surely there was no reason to panic. Gomrin had just decided to make up his mind up over whether it was safe to approach the rock and gather a sample of it to take back to Zyrephon when the creature appeared over the side of the meteor. Gasping as that terrifyingly expressionless face turned towards him, the Pearlcatcher almost stumbled over his own feet in his efforts to put some distance between himself and whatever that [i]thing[/i] was, craning his neck around in an effort to grab his sword or find [i]something[/i] in his traveling packs that would make him appear more intimidating. Thariin had tried to teach him to use the environment to his advantage, but he highly doubted that he would find something to fend the creature off with in an environment that he was largely unfamiliar with, and in any case he didn't even know if it was [i]possible[/i] to fight this creature off. But he at least had to try, didn't he? He had tried so hard to do the right thing in his admittedly short life- would it be better to drive the creature off so that it didn't prey upon the other merchants that were traveling through these woods, or to leave it be and not risk enraging it? In the end, he decided to study the Starbears. They didn't appear to be terribly worked up over the creature's sudden appearance- in fact, most of them were simply lounging where they had been before the beast even showed up. Gomrin didn't know much about Starbears in general, but he had a pretty good idea that they would have reacted more negatively had they determined the other creature to be hostile in nature. Or maybe they just didn't see the thing as being a threat towards them. Either way, Gomrin wasn't going to cause unnecessary commotion and risk angering the beast by fighting it, nor was he going to go to the authorities only to make a laughingstock of himself when they reported that it was a native life form and not something to get himself worked up over. Instead he simply surveyed the beast that was now perching on top of the rock, making sure his sword was within reach just in case. [b]This is none of my business[/b] (Really hope that's not like the 'wrong' choice or else my poor baby is gonna be traumatized)

35141166_350.png

Gomrin was seriously starting to question if this bear even knew where it was going. They had been walking for what felt like hours now, and there seemed to be no change in the terrain or in the animal's behavior to indicate that they were drawing any closer to civilization. And trying to drag his heavy sacks full of supplies through a tangled forest was quite frankly more difficult than it first appeared. He had to give the Starbear credit for its tenacity, however- wherever it was going, it seemed to be awfully determined to get there, no matter whether its travel path was a bit unorthodox or not. Besides, it was likely too late now to turn back and see if he could find his way onto the main path again. He would just have to trust that following this creature had actually been a good idea.

His dread only deepened once he realized that the bear was heading towards the glow that he had seen through the trees earlier, laying one wing over his sword protectively as they made their way forward. Thankfully, when they emerged into the clearing the glow revealed itself to be nothing more than a giant meteor, which wasn't particularly strange or threatening. Chuckling to himself over how he had been so worried about the source of the glow when it had just been (more or less) a fallen space rock, Gomrin approached, noticing the rather strange amount of Starbears clustered around the meteor but deciding not to be concerned about it. If any of the creatures actually turned hostile towards him, then he would be much less inclined to tolerate their presence, but until now he was rather content to have them there to reassure him. Besides, if they weren't stressed about the appearance of the rock, then surely there was no reason to panic.

Gomrin had just decided to make up his mind up over whether it was safe to approach the rock and gather a sample of it to take back to Zyrephon when the creature appeared over the side of the meteor. Gasping as that terrifyingly expressionless face turned towards him, the Pearlcatcher almost stumbled over his own feet in his efforts to put some distance between himself and whatever that thing was, craning his neck around in an effort to grab his sword or find something in his traveling packs that would make him appear more intimidating. Thariin had tried to teach him to use the environment to his advantage, but he highly doubted that he would find something to fend the creature off with in an environment that he was largely unfamiliar with, and in any case he didn't even know if it was possible to fight this creature off. But he at least had to try, didn't he? He had tried so hard to do the right thing in his admittedly short life- would it be better to drive the creature off so that it didn't prey upon the other merchants that were traveling through these woods, or to leave it be and not risk enraging it?

In the end, he decided to study the Starbears. They didn't appear to be terribly worked up over the creature's sudden appearance- in fact, most of them were simply lounging where they had been before the beast even showed up. Gomrin didn't know much about Starbears in general, but he had a pretty good idea that they would have reacted more negatively had they determined the other creature to be hostile in nature. Or maybe they just didn't see the thing as being a threat towards them. Either way, Gomrin wasn't going to cause unnecessary commotion and risk angering the beast by fighting it, nor was he going to go to the authorities only to make a laughingstock of himself when they reported that it was a native life form and not something to get himself worked up over. Instead he simply surveyed the beast that was now perching on top of the rock, making sure his sword was within reach just in case.

This is none of my business (Really hope that's not like the 'wrong' choice or else my poor baby is gonna be traumatized)
6bbcbe9acf989176baa27b08e3311178ac4b7a7c.gif
@Lundlaeva Thank you! I checked in since it seemed kind of late, I think my form didn't get through yesterday due to internet issues, sorry ^^' [u]Day 2[/u] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30514354] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/305144/30514354p.png[/img] [/url] This. This is Fate. Or the Strand. Getting cute and baiting. [i]Not getting any closer either way[/i]. Ghyr backs away slowly from the meteor, the being, and even the bears. This would be so much easier if the clearing didn't feel like being trapped between a star and a bright place... @Drakenhart "Hello!" Ghyr greets, smiling easy. "It's so nice to hear a voice around. My name is Ghyr." "I could do with a book or two, can I see what you carry? But I don't think you'd like to trade for a song and I'm not with anything of value." "The crash - ah- you hear that? I suppose sound carries - I had an accident." Their wings fold in even closer. " With a tree, a light, and a bear - uh, how is your night going?"
@Lundlaeva Thank you! I checked in since it seemed kind of late, I think my form didn't get through yesterday due to internet issues, sorry ^^'

Day 2

30514354p.png

This. This is Fate. Or the Strand. Getting cute and baiting.

Not getting any closer either way. Ghyr backs away slowly from the meteor, the being, and even the bears.

This would be so much easier if the clearing didn't feel like being trapped between a star and a bright place...

@Drakenhart

"Hello!" Ghyr greets, smiling easy. "It's so nice to hear a voice around. My name is Ghyr."

"I could do with a book or two, can I see what you carry? But I don't think you'd like to trade for a song and I'm not with anything of value."

"The crash - ah- you hear that? I suppose sound carries - I had an accident." Their wings fold in even closer. " With a tree, a light, and a bear - uh, how is your night going?"
ChnC9aU.gifZ4DhW7f.gift7I6jCj.gifWMCEgD8.png
[i]Participants Ping: @ExistentialAlex @dividedAnimus @Draconequis @LibreNoctre @Terato @MasterOfTheAster @Watercolour @gerivl @MiniDrachin @Bluecupcake52 @browncoatparadox @acorn781 @RemanLT @EvilSplitPersona @Skyeset @Thewarywatcher13 @LadyKnightKatsa @SocklessWonder @Sylphiette @DraigTeg @Schiemoon @Elsu @dawnsong @goatling94 @morikar @Shiraya @casuallySleepy @felistopaz @Meredith44 @queenmedusozoa @tigressRising @Amorah @smeen @Kristan @Starsoul @catgame21234 @Juri01 @SkullLotus @JinxMoonstone @Stanzascale @QueenLunaRose @Hexacoatl @WanillaWaffle @Cheshly @SonyaAxel @PalladiumX @Stormdreamer @danijust @dandelionfires @Eialyne @Saraceaser @Disillusionist @shizuyue @brain4puzzles @Eiyora @ThisOneIsBlue @Fallenarrow @jbapple @LucidWhispers @riseandshine @Pennifeather @Espoir @Nightshire @Morare @Hkomygf @Sukio @bellzan @anandapanda @sQld @IgnisFlamel @FloatingInSpace @brokenstone @Moonbeams @KittyHawk98 @MintyDragon @drakenhart @PuffyRuffy @Katsuokai @SeaGodling @rubyredtan @heartcrusher1 @KairinRose @SkyyeofEmber @Restless @Sidegrinder @DuskyChangeling @clm @Chessboard @Syceris @Kcdollar @Werkaec @Leucoss @GardenWyrm [/i] [center][img]https://s20.postimg.org/dtqg4yfkd/urban_legends_divider.png[/img][/center] [img]https://s20.postimg.org/3v00pivd9/cyoa_day_two.png[/img] [center][size=6][b][i]Run.[/i][/b][/size][/center] ((Not part of the adventure, just tone setting! This was meant to be included with the post, and for every other significant turn in the future, there will be art! All of it done by yours truly~))
Participants Ping: @ExistentialAlex @dividedAnimus @Draconequis @LibreNoctre @Terato @MasterOfTheAster @Watercolour @gerivl @MiniDrachin @Bluecupcake52 @browncoatparadox @acorn781 @RemanLT @EvilSplitPersona @Skyeset @Thewarywatcher13 @LadyKnightKatsa @SocklessWonder @Sylphiette @DraigTeg @Schiemoon @Elsu @dawnsong @goatling94 @morikar @Shiraya @casuallySleepy @felistopaz @Meredith44 @queenmedusozoa @tigressRising @Amorah @smeen @Kristan @Starsoul @catgame21234 @Juri01 @SkullLotus @JinxMoonstone @Stanzascale @QueenLunaRose @Hexacoatl @WanillaWaffle @Cheshly @SonyaAxel @PalladiumX @Stormdreamer @danijust @dandelionfires @Eialyne @Saraceaser @Disillusionist @shizuyue @brain4puzzles @Eiyora @ThisOneIsBlue @Fallenarrow @jbapple @LucidWhispers @riseandshine @Pennifeather @Espoir @Nightshire @Morare @Hkomygf @Sukio @bellzan @anandapanda @sQld @IgnisFlamel @FloatingInSpace @brokenstone @Moonbeams @KittyHawk98 @MintyDragon @drakenhart @PuffyRuffy @Katsuokai @SeaGodling @rubyredtan @heartcrusher1 @KairinRose @SkyyeofEmber @Restless @Sidegrinder @DuskyChangeling @clm @Chessboard @Syceris @Kcdollar @Werkaec @Leucoss @GardenWyrm

urban_legends_divider.png

cyoa_day_two.png
Run.

((Not part of the adventure, just tone setting! This was meant to be included with the post, and for every other significant turn in the future, there will be art! All of it done by yours truly~))
I need a new signature.
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 52 53