Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [Starfall] Urban Legends CYOA
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 52 53
[b]Note:[/b] Sorry for the delay in today's post! We've had a small Technical Issue which is mainly down to your two hosts being in very different timezones. (This is nothing that will actually affect the Adventure, don't worry.) [s]However, it does mean that you'll get an extra little surprise from luminousnoble later on - expect a ping![/s] The surprise has been added to the post. ;) Now, without further ado - on to Day Two! You chose to investigate the glow ... @ExistentialAlex @dividedAnimus @Draconequis @LibreNoctre @Terato @MasterOfTheAster @Watercolour @gerivl @MiniDrachin @Bluecupcake52 @browncoatparadox @acorn781 @RemanLT @EvilSplitPersona @Skyeset @Thewarywatcher13 @LadyKnightKatsa @SocklessWonder @Sylphiette @DraigTeg @Schiemoon @Elsu @dawnsong @goatling94 @morikar @Shiraya @casuallySleepy @felistopaz @Meredith44 [br][center][img]https://s20.postimg.org/dtqg4yfkd/urban_legends_divider.png[/img][/center] Your curiosity gets the better of you: you leave the safety of the path. You weave between trees and bushes towards the source of the light, but it’s not easy. The further from the path you get, the thicker and more tangled the wood becomes. You glance over your shoulder every so often to make sure you can see the way back to the path, just in case (you’ve heard stories of dragons who lost their way in these strange, confusing woods, and you’re NOT about to become one of them!), but it’s getting harder. This might have been a terrible idea. But as you near the source of the glow, you see it’s coming from a open space in the forest. It’s not a natural clearing. There are fallen logs all along the tree-line, not cut down with tools or magic but simply pushed over, roots torn up and splintered wood exposed. You pick your way between the trees that are still standing, push through a thatch of leafy branches, and then you can see into the clearing. The glow is coming from an [i]enormous[/i] meteor. It sits in a shallow impact crater at the center of the clearing, pulsing with light at seemingly random intervals. There are several Starbears surrounding the meteor, some lounging on fallen trunks, others watching the meteor with wary brown eyes. One is even pawing at it in a curious manner, with a ridiculously fluffy foot. Then you hear a sound. A unnatural skittering noise. You look back up at the meteor just in time to see a huge creature climb atop it, poring over the massive, twisted stone with a terrifyingly flat, featureless face, its massive, spindly hands scratching at a hollow - [br][center][img]https://s20.postimg.org/3v00pivd9/cyoa_day_two.png[/img][/center] [b][i]What in the cosmos IS that thing?![/i][/b] [br][center][b]What do you do next?[/b][/center] [list] [*]Tell the Authorities! [indent][i]There has to be someone I can inform about this![/i][/indent] [*]This is really not my problem [indent][i]Terrifying as it is, this is Arcane Flight, it’s probably fine.[/i][/indent] [/list] [br][center][size=4][b][url=https://goo.gl/forms/zfGsydYdeluEhzD93]Make Your Choice[/url][/b][/size][/center]
Note: Sorry for the delay in today's post! We've had a small Technical Issue which is mainly down to your two hosts being in very different timezones. (This is nothing that will actually affect the Adventure, don't worry.) However, it does mean that you'll get an extra little surprise from luminousnoble later on - expect a ping! The surprise has been added to the post. ;)

Now, without further ado - on to Day Two! You chose to investigate the glow ...

@ExistentialAlex @dividedAnimus @Draconequis @LibreNoctre @Terato @MasterOfTheAster @Watercolour @gerivl @MiniDrachin @Bluecupcake52 @browncoatparadox @acorn781 @RemanLT @EvilSplitPersona @Skyeset @Thewarywatcher13 @LadyKnightKatsa @SocklessWonder @Sylphiette @DraigTeg @Schiemoon @Elsu @dawnsong @goatling94 @morikar @Shiraya @casuallySleepy @felistopaz @Meredith44

urban_legends_divider.png

Your curiosity gets the better of you: you leave the safety of the path. You weave between trees and bushes towards the source of the light, but it’s not easy. The further from the path you get, the thicker and more tangled the wood becomes. You glance over your shoulder every so often to make sure you can see the way back to the path, just in case (you’ve heard stories of dragons who lost their way in these strange, confusing woods, and you’re NOT about to become one of them!), but it’s getting harder. This might have been a terrible idea.

But as you near the source of the glow, you see it’s coming from a open space in the forest. It’s not a natural clearing. There are fallen logs all along the tree-line, not cut down with tools or magic but simply pushed over, roots torn up and splintered wood exposed. You pick your way between the trees that are still standing, push through a thatch of leafy branches, and then you can see into the clearing.

The glow is coming from an enormous meteor. It sits in a shallow impact crater at the center of the clearing, pulsing with light at seemingly random intervals. There are several Starbears surrounding the meteor, some lounging on fallen trunks, others watching the meteor with wary brown eyes. One is even pawing at it in a curious manner, with a ridiculously fluffy foot.

Then you hear a sound. A unnatural skittering noise. You look back up at the meteor just in time to see a huge creature climb atop it, poring over the massive, twisted stone with a terrifyingly flat, featureless face, its massive, spindly hands scratching at a hollow -

cyoa_day_two.png

What in the cosmos IS that thing?!

What do you do next?
  • Tell the Authorities!
    There has to be someone I can inform about this!
  • This is really not my problem
    Terrifying as it is, this is Arcane Flight, it’s probably fine.

A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
[b]Note:[/b] Sorry for the delay in today's post! We've had a small Technical Issue which is mainly down to your two hosts being in very different timezones. (This is nothing that will actually affect the Adventure, don't worry.) [s]However, it does mean that you'll get an extra little surprise from luminousnoble later on - expect a ping![/s] The surprise has been added to the post! Now, without further ado - on to Day Two! You chose to follow the Starbear ... @queenmedusozoa @tigressRising @Amorah @smeen @Kristan @Starsoul @catgame21234 @Juri01 @SkullLotus @JinxMoonstone @Stanzascale @QueenLunaRose @Hexacoatl @WanillaWaffle @Cheshly @SonyaAxel @PalladiumX @Stormdreamer @danijust @dandelionfires @Eialyne @Saraceaser @Disillusionist @shizuyue @brain4puzzles @Eiyora @ThisOneIsBlue @Fallenarrow @jbapple @LucidWhispers @riseandshine @Pennifeather @Espoir @Nightshire @Morare @Hkomygf @Sukio @bellzan @anandapanda @sQld @IgnisFlamel [br][center][img]https://s20.postimg.org/dtqg4yfkd/urban_legends_divider.png[/img][/center] You decide it’s probably safe to leave the path with the Starbear as your guide. [br][center][color=indigo][b]+1 STARBEAR[/b][/color][/center] After all, it’s walking confidently between the trees, it’s obviously on its way [i]somewhere[/i]. And aren’t these things supposed to be the guardians of the Isles? Thankfully, the bear doesn’t seem perturbed to have a dragon following it - or perhaps it doesn’t notice, because it continues on its way without so much as a glance in your direction. As you travel further from the path, the foliage closes in around you, but the shining runes on the Starbear’s flanks make it easy to track even in the densest vegetation. Also the sheer fluffiness. You get the impression that these creatures aren’t made to be stealthy in any way, shape, or form. But you soon forget the thought when you notice where the bear is heading. Towards the glow. It’s coming from a open space in the forest - but that’s not a natural clearing. There are fallen logs all along the tree-line, not cut down with tools or magic but simply pushed over, roots torn up and splintered wood exposed. The starbear lumbers in, but you stop dead, amazed at the sight before you. The glow’s source is an [i]enormous[/i] meteor. It sits in a shallow impact crater at the center of the clearing, pulsing with light at seemingly random intervals. The bear you have been following isn’t alone - there are several surrounding the meteor, some lounging on fallen trunks, others watching the meteor with wary brown eyes. One is even pawing at it in a curious manner, with a ridiculously fluffy foot. Then you hear a sound. A unnatural skittering noise. You look back up at the meteor just in time to see a creature climb atop it, poring over the massive, twisted stone with a terrifyingly flat, featureless face, its massive, spindly hands scratching at a hollow - [br][center][img]https://s20.postimg.org/3v00pivd9/cyoa_day_two.png[/img][/center] [b][i]What in the cosmos IS that thing?![/i][/b] [br][center][b]What do you do next?[/b][/center] [list] [*]Tell the Authorities! [indent][i]There has to be someone I can inform about this![/i][/indent] [*]This is really not my problem [indent][i]Terrifying as it is, this is Arcane Flight, it’s probably fine.[/i][/indent] [/list] [br][center][size=4][b][url=https://goo.gl/forms/zfGsydYdeluEhzD93]Make Your Choice[/url][/b][/size][/center]
Note: Sorry for the delay in today's post! We've had a small Technical Issue which is mainly down to your two hosts being in very different timezones. (This is nothing that will actually affect the Adventure, don't worry.) However, it does mean that you'll get an extra little surprise from luminousnoble later on - expect a ping! The surprise has been added to the post!

Now, without further ado - on to Day Two! You chose to follow the Starbear ...

@queenmedusozoa @tigressRising @Amorah @smeen @Kristan @Starsoul @catgame21234 @Juri01 @SkullLotus @JinxMoonstone @Stanzascale @QueenLunaRose @Hexacoatl @WanillaWaffle @Cheshly @SonyaAxel @PalladiumX @Stormdreamer @danijust @dandelionfires @Eialyne @Saraceaser @Disillusionist @shizuyue @brain4puzzles @Eiyora @ThisOneIsBlue @Fallenarrow @jbapple @LucidWhispers @riseandshine @Pennifeather @Espoir @Nightshire @Morare @Hkomygf @Sukio @bellzan @anandapanda @sQld @IgnisFlamel

You decide it’s probably safe to leave the path with the Starbear as your guide.

+1 STARBEAR

After all, it’s walking confidently between the trees, it’s obviously on its way somewhere. And aren’t these things supposed to be the guardians of the Isles? Thankfully, the bear doesn’t seem perturbed to have a dragon following it - or perhaps it doesn’t notice, because it continues on its way without so much as a glance in your direction.

As you travel further from the path, the foliage closes in around you, but the shining runes on the Starbear’s flanks make it easy to track even in the densest vegetation. Also the sheer fluffiness. You get the impression that these creatures aren’t made to be stealthy in any way, shape, or form.

But you soon forget the thought when you notice where the bear is heading. Towards the glow.

It’s coming from a open space in the forest - but that’s not a natural clearing. There are fallen logs all along the tree-line, not cut down with tools or magic but simply pushed over, roots torn up and splintered wood exposed. The starbear lumbers in, but you stop dead, amazed at the sight before you.

The glow’s source is an enormous meteor. It sits in a shallow impact crater at the center of the clearing, pulsing with light at seemingly random intervals. The bear you have been following isn’t alone - there are several surrounding the meteor, some lounging on fallen trunks, others watching the meteor with wary brown eyes. One is even pawing at it in a curious manner, with a ridiculously fluffy foot.

Then you hear a sound. A unnatural skittering noise. You look back up at the meteor just in time to see a creature climb atop it, poring over the massive, twisted stone with a terrifyingly flat, featureless face, its massive, spindly hands scratching at a hollow -

cyoa_day_two.png

What do you do next?
  • Tell the Authorities!

A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
[b]Note:[/b] Sorry for the delay in today's post! We've had a small Technical Issue which is mainly down to your two hosts being in very different timezones. (This is nothing that will actually affect the Adventure, don't worry.) [s]However, it does mean that you'll get an extra little surprise from luminousnoble later on - expect a ping![/s] The surprise has been added to the post! Now, without further ado - on to Day Two! You decided to ignore it and carry on ... @FloatingInSpace @brokenstone @Moonbeams @KittyHawk98 @MintyDragon @drakenhart @PuffyRuffy @Katsuokai @SeaGodling @rubyredtan @heartcrusher1 @KairinRose @SkyyeofEmber @Restless @Sidegrinder @DuskyChangeling @clm @Chessboard @Syceris @Kcdollar @Werkaec [br][center][img]https://s20.postimg.org/dtqg4yfkd/urban_legends_divider.png[/img][/center] You have far better things to do than blunder around the uncharted areas of the Starwood Strand. You’re a busy merchant! You don’t have time to search for the source of some mysterious pink glow or wander around after a bear - not when there’s profit to be made. So you continue on your way along the winding path as darkness descends around you. And yet, you don’t go further from the glow. In fact, no matter how the path twines and curves, the light stays within the same general range… no, it seems to be getting brighter… Oh, Flying Flamecaller, this ridiculous path is leading you [i]directly towards[/i] the glow! You can see that up ahead the path passes through a boundary of fallen trees and into a clearing where they once stood, and that is where the glow is coming from. You stop and consult your map. It’s not very clear, but from what you can make out, the only other route would force you to backtrack for several miles and then take a long, squiggly path that looks even more complicated than the one you have been following all this time. It would take hours - and you would lose business. You have no real choice but to keep going and head through that clearing. Grumbling to yourself, you put your map away and continue up the path. You’re determined not to so much as look at whatever glowy thing is in this clearing because that will only delay you more - but you can’t help it, when you come to the edge of the clearing you stop short and your jaw drops open. The glow is coming from an [i]enormous[/i] meteor. It sits in a shallow impact crater at the center of the clearing, pulsing with light at seemingly random intervals. There are several Starbears surrounding the meteor, some lounging on fallen trunks, others watching the meteor with wary brown eyes. One is even pawing at it in a curious manner, with a ridiculously fluffy foot. Then you hear a sound. A unnatural skittering noise. You look back up at the meteor just in time to see a creature climb atop it, poring over the massive, twisted stone with a terrifyingly flat, featureless face, its massive, spindly hands scratching at a hollow - [br][center][img]https://s20.postimg.org/3v00pivd9/cyoa_day_two.png[/img][/center] [b][i]What in the cosmos IS that thing?![/i][/b] [br][center][b]What do you do next?[/b][/center] [list] [*]Tell the Authorities! [indent][i]There has to be someone I can inform about this![/i][/indent] [*]This is really not my problem [indent][i]Terrifying as it is, this is Arcane Flight, it’s probably fine.[/i][/indent] [/list] [br][center][size=4][b][url=https://goo.gl/forms/zfGsydYdeluEhzD93]Make Your Choice[/url][/b][/size][/center]
Note: Sorry for the delay in today's post! We've had a small Technical Issue which is mainly down to your two hosts being in very different timezones. (This is nothing that will actually affect the Adventure, don't worry.) However, it does mean that you'll get an extra little surprise from luminousnoble later on - expect a ping! The surprise has been added to the post!

Now, without further ado - on to Day Two! You decided to ignore it and carry on ...

@FloatingInSpace @brokenstone @Moonbeams @KittyHawk98 @MintyDragon @drakenhart @PuffyRuffy @Katsuokai @SeaGodling @rubyredtan @heartcrusher1 @KairinRose @SkyyeofEmber @Restless @Sidegrinder @DuskyChangeling @clm @Chessboard @Syceris @Kcdollar @Werkaec

You have far better things to do than blunder around the uncharted areas of the Starwood Strand. You’re a busy merchant! You don’t have time to search for the source of some mysterious pink glow or wander around after a bear - not when there’s profit to be made. So you continue on your way along the winding path as darkness descends around you.

And yet, you don’t go further from the glow. In fact, no matter how the path twines and curves, the light stays within the same general range… no, it seems to be getting brighter… Oh, Flying Flamecaller, this ridiculous path is leading you directly towards the glow!

You can see that up ahead the path passes through a boundary of fallen trees and into a clearing where they once stood, and that is where the glow is coming from. You stop and consult your map. It’s not very clear, but from what you can make out, the only other route would force you to backtrack for several miles and then take a long, squiggly path that looks even more complicated than the one you have been following all this time. It would take hours - and you would lose business.

You have no real choice but to keep going and head through that clearing.

Grumbling to yourself, you put your map away and continue up the path. You’re determined not to so much as look at whatever glowy thing is in this clearing because that will only delay you more - but you can’t help it, when you come to the edge of the clearing you stop short and your jaw drops open.

The glow is coming from an enormous meteor. It sits in a shallow impact crater at the center of the clearing, pulsing with light at seemingly random intervals. There are several Starbears surrounding the meteor, some lounging on fallen trunks, others watching the meteor with wary brown eyes. One is even pawing at it in a curious manner, with a ridiculously fluffy foot.

Then you hear a sound. A unnatural skittering noise. You look back up at the meteor just in time to see a creature climb atop it, poring over the massive, twisted stone with a terrifyingly flat, featureless face, its massive, spindly hands scratching at a hollow -

cyoa_day_two.png

What do you do next?
  • Tell the Authorities!

Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8325367] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/83254/8325367_350.png[/img] [/url] Eventide sighed. She really didn't want to get involved or be distracted from her festival plans but... well [i]someone[/i] needed to tell the authorities. And it didn't look like the bears were going to do anything. Now, just to figure out where the authorities were to tell...

8325367_350.png

Eventide sighed. She really didn't want to get involved or be distracted from her festival plans but... well someone needed to tell the authorities. And it didn't look like the bears were going to do anything. Now, just to figure out where the authorities were to tell...
OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34993860] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/349939/34993860_350.png[/img] [/url] Well this was becoming bothersome, Leena thought to herself. "We are getting ourselves into a real bad situation here, Jade." The cat meowed disdainfully in reply. "Think we out to go find someone in the know around here or just leave it alone?" Jade lashed her tail and meowed again. "I am with you, I feel this is none of our concern. But I would like to sit and watch what is going on, may make some interesting stories to tell." Jade purred in agreement. Her own curiosity piqued. Leena found a decent spot to conceal herself in shadow, taking her book back out to jot down anything worthy of note, making sure to get everything down so as not to forget later. Even making crude sketches. "Hmmm....very interesting!"

34993860_350.png

Well this was becoming bothersome, Leena thought to herself. "We are getting ourselves into a real bad situation here, Jade." The cat meowed disdainfully in reply. "Think we out to go find someone in the know around here or just leave it alone?" Jade lashed her tail and meowed again. "I am with you, I feel this is none of our concern. But I would like to sit and watch what is going on, may make some interesting stories to tell." Jade purred in agreement. Her own curiosity piqued. Leena found a decent spot to conceal herself in shadow, taking her book back out to jot down anything worthy of note, making sure to get everything down so as not to forget later. Even making crude sketches. "Hmmm....very interesting!"
OfF9Gci.gif 4JU8r97.gif_________________________59TgHaL.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32323608] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/323237/32323608_350.png[/img] [/url] Jormungand stared at the creature in fascination, transfixed by the sight. Turning to his Gloomwillow Guide, he whispers, "This is awesome! I [i]need[/i] to tell my clan about this, at least one of them will know what this is!" Turning to head back the way he came, Jormungand pauses suddenly, tilting his head in thought. "Then again, Roan is really against this kind of thing. I better think of who to tell." With a sigh, he slinks behind a bush, keeping an eye on the creature. "Well, I probably have a lot of time to think."

32323608_350.png

Jormungand stared at the creature in fascination, transfixed by the sight. Turning to his Gloomwillow Guide, he whispers, "This is awesome! I need to tell my clan about this, at least one of them will know what this is!" Turning to head back the way he came, Jormungand pauses suddenly, tilting his head in thought. "Then again, Roan is really against this kind of thing. I better think of who to tell." With a sigh, he slinks behind a bush, keeping an eye on the creature. "Well, I probably have a lot of time to think."
Rare-Crystal.pngnMkuik2.gifXkGU4ms.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34971711][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/349718/34971711_350.png[/img][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30694103][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/306942/30694103.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28763379][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/287634/28763379.png[/img][/url] Integer didn't even get the idea to go away and tell anyone about this. She remembered the hatchday of her brother and she even switched consciousness with him back then. That was really confusing and unsettling. So right now it seemed to her this faceless creature was just born. And since she was used to serval kinds of abdominations from her homelands in the scarred wasteland this didn't really bother her. "[b]May I help you?[/b]" She asked, but then found this question to be unfitting if not rude since this creature might not be able to answer her - missing a mouth. But then... could it hear her? it had no ears. probably at least.
34971711_350.png
30694103.png28763379.png

Integer didn't even get the idea to go away and tell anyone about this. She remembered the hatchday of her brother and she even switched consciousness with him back then. That was really confusing and unsettling. So right now it seemed to her this faceless creature was just born. And since she was used to serval kinds of abdominations from her homelands in the scarred wasteland this didn't really bother her. "May I help you?" She asked, but then found this question to be unfitting if not rude since this creature might not be able to answer her - missing a mouth. But then... could it hear her? it had no ears. probably at least.
[center][quote][b]Day 2 | Tell the authorities | Roleplay Pings: @Drakenhart (para. 1-2); @JinxMoonstone (para. 4)[/b][/quote][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24405962] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/244060/24405962_350.png[/img] [/url]"I've heard mysterious stories too," the Tundra says, her voice dropping conspiratorially, and it was almost comical. "A crash and footprints ... something's amiss!" Her face struggles to stay serious before she bursts out laughing. "Let's get going, then! We don't want to miss the festivities!" PinkRibbon begins to plod forward again, then cocks her head sideways. "Why's the light getting brighter?" she thinks aloud before continuing on. "Isn't that weird? .... Oh." The Tundra stops as she reaches a clearing of fallen trees, turning to Baylie. "Well, I guess we'd better check it out. Looks super bright now! I'm going in," she declares before clumsily clambering her way past the trees. "Poor trees," murmurs the dragon, touching them sadly. Her attention is quickly taken away as she trips over one of the said trees and falls over. "Whoops!" Before she can pick herself up, however, the pink glow pulsates brightly and she looks up from her position on the ground. She gasps loudly, getting up slowly, eyes widening. "It's a meteor! And Starbears!" She hopped forward, intending to pat one of the adorable bears, before leaping back in fear. "Wha--what--is--that--thing?!" PinkRibbon whispers, quivering at its unnatural appearance. "I gotta tell someone, it could destroy the world for all we know!" The dragoness runs in place anxiously, eyes darting around to see who to find. Her light green eyes catch on a beautiful white and purple Skydancer, who also seemed to be trying to figure out who to tell. Where would they find authorities? The Tundra rushes towards the other dragon, and says, "Hello! I'm PinkRibbon and I really need to tell someone about that [i]thing[/i]." A shudder runs through her body as she risks a glance at the meteor and ... the thing. "Do you know who to talk to? Or maybe where to even go? There's so many dragons here but I don't know what to do!" A note of panic seeps into her voice, but her two companions trill soothingly near her. They are seemingly more curious about the creature and the meteor than afraid, and wander closer to the site of impact. Curiosity killed the cat, but did it kill birds, too? They didn't know the answer, so investigation time it was!
Quote:
Day 2 | Tell the authorities | Roleplay Pings: @Drakenhart (para. 1-2); @JinxMoonstone (para. 4)

24405962_350.png
"I've heard mysterious stories too," the Tundra says, her voice dropping conspiratorially, and it was almost comical. "A crash and footprints ... something's amiss!" Her face struggles to stay serious before she bursts out laughing. "Let's get going, then! We don't want to miss the festivities!" PinkRibbon begins to plod forward again, then cocks her head sideways.

"Why's the light getting brighter?" she thinks aloud before continuing on. "Isn't that weird? .... Oh." The Tundra stops as she reaches a clearing of fallen trees, turning to Baylie. "Well, I guess we'd better check it out. Looks super bright now! I'm going in," she declares before clumsily clambering her way past the trees. "Poor trees," murmurs the dragon, touching them sadly. Her attention is quickly taken away as she trips over one of the said trees and falls over. "Whoops!"

Before she can pick herself up, however, the pink glow pulsates brightly and she looks up from her position on the ground. She gasps loudly, getting up slowly, eyes widening. "It's a meteor! And Starbears!" She hopped forward, intending to pat one of the adorable bears, before leaping back in fear. "Wha--what--is--that--thing?!" PinkRibbon whispers, quivering at its unnatural appearance. "I gotta tell someone, it could destroy the world for all we know!" The dragoness runs in place anxiously, eyes darting around to see who to find.

Her light green eyes catch on a beautiful white and purple Skydancer, who also seemed to be trying to figure out who to tell. Where would they find authorities? The Tundra rushes towards the other dragon, and says, "Hello! I'm PinkRibbon and I really need to tell someone about that thing." A shudder runs through her body as she risks a glance at the meteor and ... the thing. "Do you know who to talk to? Or maybe where to even go? There's so many dragons here but I don't know what to do!"

A note of panic seeps into her voice, but her two companions trill soothingly near her. They are seemingly more curious about the creature and the meteor than afraid, and wander closer to the site of impact. Curiosity killed the cat, but did it kill birds, too? They didn't know the answer, so investigation time it was!
frt+0 | she/her
wishlist
dragons wanted
quest hub
light2_zpshptxrzjv.gif
light_bibling_by_cicide76536-dciq9ph.gif
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/7AGqN22.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14488243][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/144883/14488243p.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14023077][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/140231/14023077p.png[/img][/url][/center] In spite of Mew’s misgivings the Coatl decided that trusting in a Starbear wasn’t that unappealing an idea. He considered asking Basri, the familiar tender, about them when they returned home. Merrilyn was satisfied to have left behind the aimless trail. "[i]I wonder if they’re trying to ensure no visitors get lost in these woods.[/i]” Mew shrugged. Merrilyn contentedly maintained a respectful distance from their adopted guide, so the Coatl restrained himself from approaching the apparently blissfully ambling Starbear. Although the thought did cross his mind that a Fae or Spiral could have tried hitching a ride as the vegetation became denser. This meant they were forced to increase their own pace while minding roots underfoot, but the rune-emblazoned hide of the Starbear shone through. “[i]Looks like the Starbear’s going to see what this is anyway.[/i]” Mew remarked as he realised the curious glow was now ahead of them. “[i]Something to maybe worry about?[/i]” After all, if the guardian wasn’t there to help them, maybe there was something that the Isles needed guarding against. “[i]Could be a special festival teleporter.[/i]” Mew fuelled that optimistic hope for a short while longer. “[i]If a teleporter did that then I don’t want to use it.[/i]” Merrilyn commented as they glimpsed the destruction around the clearing. “[i]It looks like something exploded here.[/i]” “[i]Wouldn’t surprise me.[/i]” Mew flicked his tongue. Sure, the chaotic magic the realm was known for pretty commonly lead to explosions, but it didn’t feel right. Though he could not put it into words, the Coatl felt certain that this was not some regular happenstance. Merrilyn reeled and stumbled back a few steps when the fragment of the cosmos came into view, observed by a great entourage of Starbears. Mew took several steps forward, heedless. Awestruck. “[i]A piece of the universe…[/i]” He turned to the nearest Starbear. “[i]What is it and what’s happening?[/i]” The nearest Starbear was focussed on the group’s duty and paid the harmless dragon no heed. “[i]Guess you’re wondering that too.[/i]” Mew nodded. “[i]What about what in stone’s name that is?![/i]” Merrilyn scrabbled and stepped back towards the foliage they’d emerged from. The Coatl looked up and saw what had perturbed is companion so. Terrible and great? Wonderful and terrifying? Is that what this is? “[i]Does anyone know about this other than the Master Astronomer?[/i]” Mew directed his question at the bears. For surely the Arcanist himself had sent these guardians to mind this arrival in his realm. But he never objected to help from his fellow stargazers. It would probably be best if someone equipped to handle this, meaning not a pair of visiting musicians, were alerted to the situation. “[i]We can go look for someone. We shouldn’t stay here.[/i]” The Earth Nocturne urged her friend. Mew nodded his agreement and rejoined Merrilyn. The two then sought a way to let others know what they had come upon, and to withdraw from the jarring din of the anomalous entity's scritching and scraping.
7AGqN22.png
14488243p.png14023077p.png

In spite of Mew’s misgivings the Coatl decided that trusting in a Starbear wasn’t that unappealing an idea. He considered asking Basri, the familiar tender, about them when they returned home. Merrilyn was satisfied to have left behind the aimless trail. "I wonder if they’re trying to ensure no visitors get lost in these woods.
Mew shrugged. Merrilyn contentedly maintained a respectful distance from their adopted guide, so the Coatl restrained himself from approaching the apparently blissfully ambling Starbear. Although the thought did cross his mind that a Fae or Spiral could have tried hitching a ride as the vegetation became denser. This meant they were forced to increase their own pace while minding roots underfoot, but the rune-emblazoned hide of the Starbear shone through.

Looks like the Starbear’s going to see what this is anyway.” Mew remarked as he realised the curious glow was now ahead of them.
Something to maybe worry about?” After all, if the guardian wasn’t there to help them, maybe there was something that the Isles needed guarding against.
Could be a special festival teleporter.” Mew fuelled that optimistic hope for a short while longer.

If a teleporter did that then I don’t want to use it.” Merrilyn commented as they glimpsed the destruction around the clearing. “It looks like something exploded here.
Wouldn’t surprise me.” Mew flicked his tongue. Sure, the chaotic magic the realm was known for pretty commonly lead to explosions, but it didn’t feel right. Though he could not put it into words, the Coatl felt certain that this was not some regular happenstance.

Merrilyn reeled and stumbled back a few steps when the fragment of the cosmos came into view, observed by a great entourage of Starbears. Mew took several steps forward, heedless. Awestruck. “A piece of the universe…” He turned to the nearest Starbear. “What is it and what’s happening?” The nearest Starbear was focussed on the group’s duty and paid the harmless dragon no heed. “Guess you’re wondering that too.” Mew nodded.
What about what in stone’s name that is?!” Merrilyn scrabbled and stepped back towards the foliage they’d emerged from. The Coatl looked up and saw what had perturbed is companion so.
Terrible and great?
Wonderful and terrifying?
Is that what this is?

Does anyone know about this other than the Master Astronomer?” Mew directed his question at the bears. For surely the Arcanist himself had sent these guardians to mind this arrival in his realm. But he never objected to help from his fellow stargazers. It would probably be best if someone equipped to handle this, meaning not a pair of visiting musicians, were alerted to the situation.
We can go look for someone. We shouldn’t stay here.” The Earth Nocturne urged her friend. Mew nodded his agreement and rejoined Merrilyn. The two then sought a way to let others know what they had come upon, and to withdraw from the jarring din of the anomalous entity's scritching and scraping.
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
@Lundlaeva Hope it's okay if I start on Day One and then continue into Day Two? I totally missed the signups for this. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35141166] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/351412/35141166_350.png[/img] [/url] Gomrin had been traveling to the Starfall Isles with the express purpose of showing off some custom telescopes that his mate Zyrephon had made- smaller than the massive structure that took up the observatory back in the Grove, but still large enough to be useful to any aspiring astronomers. Even with his trusty sword hanging at his side and the armor that he almost always wore in the event of a possible hostile encounter, the tangled foliage of the woods was enough to make him nervously survey every shadow that crossed his path. Not for the first time, he wished that he was back in his true form. No one would try to prey on a statue. And no statue in their right mind would be found anywhere near these woods, regardless of whether they were being delivered to someone or not. Surely any [i]sensible[/i] merchant would take a more direct route to the center of the Isles. The Pearlcatcher male tried to study the somewhat confusing map that he had been presented with to take his mind off of the troublesome thoughts, but it soon became quite apparent that either the map was a dud or the landscape had changed radically since its making. Gomrin slowly but surely came to the conclusion that he was hopelessly lost, letting out an irritated growl under his breath as he surveyed the surrounding landscape. He really should have known better than to trust that rather shady-looking Nocturne, but- well, Zyrephon had always been the smarter out of the couple, and Gomrin's trusting nature likely meant that this wasn't the only sticky situation he would be getting himself into. Sighing heavily, the former statue stood up, surveying the area as best as he could to see if there was another route that he might be able to follow. Three sights came into his eyes then, equally tantalizing in their potential to lead to something- a glowing light of some kind, a Starbear that was meandering off through the underbrush, and a path that branched away into the trees. He quickly decided against the light- not being from this area meant that he had absolutely no knowledge on what kind of dangerous flora and fauna might be lurking within the trees, and in any case he wasn't going to stray off the main path just to investigate what was quite frankly a rather ominous-looking glow. He next turned to the bear, furrowing his brow slightly. On one hand, the bear didn't appear to be particularly hostile, and it probably had better knowledge of the terrain than he did. On the other, it didn't seem to be following any path in particular- did Gomrin really want to be known as the dragon who had wandered off the path and gotten himself into trouble because he decided that it would be an intelligent idea to follow a [i]bear[/i]? Well, it wasn't as if he had much of a better option. Gomrin wasn't exactly keen on the idea of getting himself further turned around if he simply followed the path and hoped for the best- besides, the path might not even head in the direction he necessarily wanted to go. With any luck, the bear was a familiar of some local clan member, or it might be able to lead him to someone who could work out the mystery of the rather confusing map for him. With a heavy sign, the Pearlcatcher gathered up his pouches and started off after the bear, grumbling under his breath as low-hanging tree branches lashed at his face. "This better not be a trick of some sort, or I swear I'll gut you. I don't care whether you're someone's familiar or not," he muttered in the direction of the bear, trying and failing to sound intimidating. In any case, he needed something to take his frustration out on, and the bear seemed to be a perfectly acceptable target. The bear, for all intents and purposes, didn't seem to care either way. [b]Follow the Starbear[/b]
@Lundlaeva Hope it's okay if I start on Day One and then continue into Day Two? I totally missed the signups for this.

35141166_350.png

Gomrin had been traveling to the Starfall Isles with the express purpose of showing off some custom telescopes that his mate Zyrephon had made- smaller than the massive structure that took up the observatory back in the Grove, but still large enough to be useful to any aspiring astronomers. Even with his trusty sword hanging at his side and the armor that he almost always wore in the event of a possible hostile encounter, the tangled foliage of the woods was enough to make him nervously survey every shadow that crossed his path. Not for the first time, he wished that he was back in his true form. No one would try to prey on a statue. And no statue in their right mind would be found anywhere near these woods, regardless of whether they were being delivered to someone or not. Surely any sensible merchant would take a more direct route to the center of the Isles.

The Pearlcatcher male tried to study the somewhat confusing map that he had been presented with to take his mind off of the troublesome thoughts, but it soon became quite apparent that either the map was a dud or the landscape had changed radically since its making. Gomrin slowly but surely came to the conclusion that he was hopelessly lost, letting out an irritated growl under his breath as he surveyed the surrounding landscape. He really should have known better than to trust that rather shady-looking Nocturne, but- well, Zyrephon had always been the smarter out of the couple, and Gomrin's trusting nature likely meant that this wasn't the only sticky situation he would be getting himself into. Sighing heavily, the former statue stood up, surveying the area as best as he could to see if there was another route that he might be able to follow.

Three sights came into his eyes then, equally tantalizing in their potential to lead to something- a glowing light of some kind, a Starbear that was meandering off through the underbrush, and a path that branched away into the trees. He quickly decided against the light- not being from this area meant that he had absolutely no knowledge on what kind of dangerous flora and fauna might be lurking within the trees, and in any case he wasn't going to stray off the main path just to investigate what was quite frankly a rather ominous-looking glow. He next turned to the bear, furrowing his brow slightly. On one hand, the bear didn't appear to be particularly hostile, and it probably had better knowledge of the terrain than he did. On the other, it didn't seem to be following any path in particular- did Gomrin really want to be known as the dragon who had wandered off the path and gotten himself into trouble because he decided that it would be an intelligent idea to follow a bear?

Well, it wasn't as if he had much of a better option. Gomrin wasn't exactly keen on the idea of getting himself further turned around if he simply followed the path and hoped for the best- besides, the path might not even head in the direction he necessarily wanted to go. With any luck, the bear was a familiar of some local clan member, or it might be able to lead him to someone who could work out the mystery of the rather confusing map for him. With a heavy sign, the Pearlcatcher gathered up his pouches and started off after the bear, grumbling under his breath as low-hanging tree branches lashed at his face. "This better not be a trick of some sort, or I swear I'll gut you. I don't care whether you're someone's familiar or not," he muttered in the direction of the bear, trying and failing to sound intimidating. In any case, he needed something to take his frustration out on, and the bear seemed to be a perfectly acceptable target.

The bear, for all intents and purposes, didn't seem to care either way.

Follow the Starbear
6bbcbe9acf989176baa27b08e3311178ac4b7a7c.gif
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 52 53