Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | ✎MJ Poetry Contest: Closed & Winners!
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
[center]@Toothless @BeingOfNature @Grune @Fellis @TheInkheart @Babblegoose @Lundlaeva @Meyoline @Melis @Raitoyami @purplpeanut @Micesune @Melodious @StarriannaFlare @HailfireAlicorn @Azure @Darksilverhawk @Shrineart @Alvaar [i][color=#898989]The audience is quiet and the contestants anxiously wait for the announcement. After some time the judges call Swiatla over. The group has a short discussion before the lovely skydancer returns to center stage with a scroll in hand.[/i][/color] [size=4][color=#6a9810][b]Greetings all who have gathered to participate and enjoy the Mistral Jamboree Poetry Contest! After reviewing the entries the judges had to make some tough decisions. Without further ado, let me announce our winners: In first place: @HailfireAlicorn's [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=forga&id=1048550&pid=1048550&page=8#3427406]"The Eye of Your Storm"[/url] In second place: @TheInkheart's [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=forga&id=1048550&pid=1048550&page=4#3397467]"Time of the Wind"[/url] In third place: @Shrineart's [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=forga&id=1048550&pid=1048550&page=9#3441303]"The Calling Song"[/url] Let's have a big round of applause for our first, second, and third place winners! [/size][/color][/b] [i][color=#898989]Hoots, howls, whistles, and bells! All manner of noise is made to honor the dragons and their clans. [/i][/color] [img]http://i.imgur.com/dUH2ZZ5.png[/img] [size=4][color=#6a9810][b]How joyous! Let's not forget our categories. The Windiest award goes to: @Micesune's [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=forga&id=1048550&pid=1048550&page=7#3419399]"Wind Worthy Dragon"[/url] The Funniest award goes to: @Azure's [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=forga&id=1048550&pid=1048550&page=8#3435748]"The Stormcatcher's Nose"[/url] The Storm Ravaged Award goes to: @Darksilverhawk's[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=forga&id=1048550&pid=1048550&page=9#3437931]"Dead Wind"[/url] We have also added a special category... We thought love was in the air, so we would like to award the Love Poem award to: @Raitoyami's[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=forga&id=1048550&pid=1048550&page=6#3416056]"My fAIR lady"[/url] Now for the Judge's Award, a poem that may not have won a category, but the judges thought deserved some extra attention: @BeingOfNature's [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=forga&id=1048550&pid=1048550&page=3#3396184]A Collection of Woems[/url] (Visual Poem) [img]http://i.imgur.com/v5bkLZX.png[/img] Last but not least, for honorable mentions: @Fellis's [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=forga&id=1048550&pid=1048550&page=4#3396529]"Villanelle for the Wind Festival"[/url] @Grune's [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=forga&id=1048550&pid=1048550&page=3#3396439]"Wind"[/url] @StarriannaFlare's [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=forga&id=1048550&pid=1048550&page=7#3420976]"To Windy Things"[/url] Well done, well done! Praise Windsinger, what a wonderful contest. @Eclipsa ,@Paintminion, @Scrivello, and @Layz would like to thank everyone who participated and joined in the celebration. We know how difficult it is to share your work with the world and appreciate the time and effort you have all given to your poems. We look forward to seeing you next year? :) Now we end our contest and disperse. Fly away home to your clans. The Windsinger thanks you for your words and will keep you in his favor. [/size][/color][/b] [i][color=#898989]The audience applause is loud and joyful. Swiatla stands aside and allows each judge to bow before taking a final bow himself. The lights turn off but the music plays on, sending the crowds off with a playful tune. [/i][/color][/center]
@Toothless @BeingOfNature @Grune @Fellis @TheInkheart @Babblegoose
@Lundlaeva @Meyoline @Melis @Raitoyami @purplpeanut @Micesune
@Melodious @StarriannaFlare @HailfireAlicorn @Azure @Darksilverhawk @Shrineart @Alvaar

The audience is quiet and the contestants anxiously wait for the announcement. After some time the judges call Swiatla over. The group has a short discussion before the lovely skydancer returns to center stage with a scroll in hand.

Greetings all who have gathered to participate and enjoy the Mistral Jamboree Poetry Contest! After reviewing the entries the judges had to make some tough decisions. Without further ado, let me announce our winners:

In first place:
@HailfireAlicorn's "The Eye of Your Storm"

In second place:
@TheInkheart's "Time of the Wind"

In third place:
@Shrineart's "The Calling Song"

Let's have a big round of applause for our first, second, and third place winners!

Hoots, howls, whistles, and bells! All manner of noise is made to honor the dragons and their clans.

dUH2ZZ5.png

How joyous! Let's not forget our categories.

The Windiest award goes to:
@Micesune's "Wind Worthy Dragon"

The Funniest award goes to:
@Azure's "The Stormcatcher's Nose"

The Storm Ravaged Award goes to:
@Darksilverhawk's"Dead Wind"

We have also added a special category... We thought love was in the air, so we would like to award the Love Poem award to:
@Raitoyami's"My fAIR lady"

Now for the Judge's Award, a poem that may not have won a category, but the judges thought deserved some extra attention:
@BeingOfNature's A Collection of Woems (Visual Poem)

v5bkLZX.png

Last but not least, for honorable mentions:
@Fellis's "Villanelle for the Wind Festival"

@Grune's "Wind"

@StarriannaFlare's "To Windy Things"

Well done, well done! Praise Windsinger, what a wonderful contest.
@Eclipsa ,@Paintminion, @Scrivello, and @Layz would like to thank everyone who participated and joined in the celebration. We know how difficult it is to share your work with the world and appreciate the time and effort you have all given to your poems. We look forward to seeing you next year? :)

Now we end our contest and disperse. Fly away home to your clans. The Windsinger thanks you for your words and will keep you in his favor.

The audience applause is loud and joyful. Swiatla stands aside and allows each judge to bow before taking a final bow himself. The lights turn off but the music plays on, sending the crowds off with a playful tune.
TO5f5vS.pngp5Y4Rj3.png
3adgzZD.pngmlHpBMC.png

o6n8ZXM.png3I473vH.png
GgsD4JX.png o9yS1eq.png
n2h1rdv.png
7UXlQKU.gif
*applauds* Congratulations to all the winners! Very well done everyone!
*applauds* Congratulations to all the winners! Very well done everyone!
EGjlGzP.png
@HailfireAlicorn, @TheInkheart, @Shrineart, @Micesune, @Azure, @Darksilverhawk, @Raitoyami, @BeingOfNature

We will be contacting you with picks for dragons and familiars as well as sending your prizes! Congratulations!

---
I would like to give a special thank you and round of applause to @paintminion, who really got the ball rolling on this. It was a pleasure to co-organize with her and I hope we can do something like this again! I loved reading all your entries and I know I speak for all of us when I say I wish we had more prizes to give all of you! (We do have to make a contest after all).
@HailfireAlicorn, @TheInkheart, @Shrineart, @Micesune, @Azure, @Darksilverhawk, @Raitoyami, @BeingOfNature

We will be contacting you with picks for dragons and familiars as well as sending your prizes! Congratulations!

---
I would like to give a special thank you and round of applause to @paintminion, who really got the ball rolling on this. It was a pleasure to co-organize with her and I hope we can do something like this again! I loved reading all your entries and I know I speak for all of us when I say I wish we had more prizes to give all of you! (We do have to make a contest after all).
TO5f5vS.pngp5Y4Rj3.png
3adgzZD.pngmlHpBMC.png

o6n8ZXM.png3I473vH.png
GgsD4JX.png o9yS1eq.png
n2h1rdv.png
7UXlQKU.gif
Wonderful! Congratulations worthy wordsmiths. This contest was so much fun.
Wonderful! Congratulations worthy wordsmiths. This contest was so much fun.
TzfAhH6.png
Wow, I can't even believe it. I'm so glad you guys appreciated Dilettante's poem to his not-so-secret crush. |D There was so much talent in this competition honestly, I loved each and every one I read (and maybe felt a little outclassed by some of them!)

I'm going to shut up now before I try to give a whole speech or something. XD Just... adfkhadfjkhdsfakhdf thanks for everything. :D
Wow, I can't even believe it. I'm so glad you guys appreciated Dilettante's poem to his not-so-secret crush. |D There was so much talent in this competition honestly, I loved each and every one I read (and maybe felt a little outclassed by some of them!)

I'm going to shut up now before I try to give a whole speech or something. XD Just... adfkhadfjkhdsfakhdf thanks for everything. :D
HIHhist.gifZNhRsiG.pngHIHhist.gif
Yay to all! This was so much work fun!

I would like to thank @Eclipsa, because without her, we wouldn't have such a great looking post and Host! And I would have torn out much more hair than I did.

And to our Judges @Scrivello and @Layz - I know this wasn't easy! Thank you for helping make this a great contest!

To all of you - EVERYONE who entered will receive a prize! Just hang tight and I will get those out tomorrow morning.

To all of you Award Winners:

Please look at the Prize Post on page 1 for the list of dragons and familiars. Post/Ping me or pm to me your list of choices to me according to what number you are. (1 lists 1 choice of each, 2 lists top 2 choices of each, etc). Any questions, just ask! The sooner we get everyone's choices, the sooner my Lair is free for more dragons! :-)

Please note that for Dragons: Keats the Snapper is Level 10. The Male Fae is a Generation 1 dragon. All contest dragons are on the first page of my Lair.

Your choices will be honored in this order:

1. @HailfireAlicorn
2. @TheInkheart
3. @Shrineart
4. @Micesune
5. @Azure
6. @Darksilverhawk
7. @Raitoyami
8. @BeingOfNature

Again, congratulations to all! Everyone did a great job! Stay tuned for your Participation Prizes and Award Prizes after I get some sleep!
Yay to all! This was so much work fun!

I would like to thank @Eclipsa, because without her, we wouldn't have such a great looking post and Host! And I would have torn out much more hair than I did.

And to our Judges @Scrivello and @Layz - I know this wasn't easy! Thank you for helping make this a great contest!

To all of you - EVERYONE who entered will receive a prize! Just hang tight and I will get those out tomorrow morning.

To all of you Award Winners:

Please look at the Prize Post on page 1 for the list of dragons and familiars. Post/Ping me or pm to me your list of choices to me according to what number you are. (1 lists 1 choice of each, 2 lists top 2 choices of each, etc). Any questions, just ask! The sooner we get everyone's choices, the sooner my Lair is free for more dragons! :-)

Please note that for Dragons: Keats the Snapper is Level 10. The Male Fae is a Generation 1 dragon. All contest dragons are on the first page of my Lair.

Your choices will be honored in this order:

1. @HailfireAlicorn
2. @TheInkheart
3. @Shrineart
4. @Micesune
5. @Azure
6. @Darksilverhawk
7. @Raitoyami
8. @BeingOfNature

Again, congratulations to all! Everyone did a great job! Stay tuned for your Participation Prizes and Award Prizes after I get some sleep!
An open book that reads Stories & Poetry MJ 24uZeuhOu.pngBk78Myp.pngLaSYQ19.gif8d7o509.png
Congratulations everyone!
Congratulations everyone!
tumblr_inline_n141cnO0nV1rvrguk.png
@paintminion

I pass entirely on my dragon and familiar prizes. I only keep G1s (and G2 Imps), so most of the dragons are no use to me - the one G1 there is in the pool unfortunately has colors that aren't my style. As for the familiars, I have them all, and duplicates of most of them on top - it'd be kind of a waste giving me one.

And, of course, congrats to the proper winners! I'm a bit sad I didn't place in the top three, but I guess it's my own fault for not writing something more soulful than a tongue-in-cheek limerick. XD
@paintminion

I pass entirely on my dragon and familiar prizes. I only keep G1s (and G2 Imps), so most of the dragons are no use to me - the one G1 there is in the pool unfortunately has colors that aren't my style. As for the familiars, I have them all, and duplicates of most of them on top - it'd be kind of a waste giving me one.

And, of course, congrats to the proper winners! I'm a bit sad I didn't place in the top three, but I guess it's my own fault for not writing something more soulful than a tongue-in-cheek limerick. XD
DQ9DP8W.png
@HailfireAlicorn @TheInkheart @Shrineart @Micesune @Darksilverhawk @Raitoyami @BeingOfNature @Fellis @Grune @StarriannaFlare

I CAN HAZ SO MANY PRETTY POEMS TO READ OMG.

Tell me your secrets, winners, cats (I'm totally calling us cats, shut up :( ) and honorable mentions!

I'm wondering if most of the stuff was free verse?

The only poems with a type I can see is TheInkheart's couplet, and Raitoyami's... um. It's also a patterned, rhyming poem, but I don't know what that type of rhyme pattern's called. EDUCATE ME?!

BeingOfNature has an acrostic! Or, at least, part of it is. I was hoping to see that one somewhere. :D Does the picture style have a name? Is the rest also a part of some type or such?

TELL ME. TELL ME NOW! TEACH ME POETRY THINGS. (if you know them better than I!)

EDIT: Your local dumm-Az didn't offer return info. For those who are wondering, what I wrote is called a limerick. It's a formal poetic style for short, humorous poems. Five lines with an AABBA rhyme scheme, and also a rough 8-9 / 8-9 / 5-6 / 5-6 / 8-9 syllable setup across the lines. Here's a limerick about limericks (which wasn't written by me):

Writing a Limerick's absurd,
Line one and line five rhyme in word,
And just as you've reckoned
They rhyme with the second;
The fourth line must rhyme with the third.

:D

It was funtimes figuring it out. :D
@HailfireAlicorn @TheInkheart @Shrineart @Micesune @Darksilverhawk @Raitoyami @BeingOfNature @Fellis @Grune @StarriannaFlare

I CAN HAZ SO MANY PRETTY POEMS TO READ OMG.

Tell me your secrets, winners, cats (I'm totally calling us cats, shut up :( ) and honorable mentions!

I'm wondering if most of the stuff was free verse?

The only poems with a type I can see is TheInkheart's couplet, and Raitoyami's... um. It's also a patterned, rhyming poem, but I don't know what that type of rhyme pattern's called. EDUCATE ME?!

BeingOfNature has an acrostic! Or, at least, part of it is. I was hoping to see that one somewhere. :D Does the picture style have a name? Is the rest also a part of some type or such?

TELL ME. TELL ME NOW! TEACH ME POETRY THINGS. (if you know them better than I!)

EDIT: Your local dumm-Az didn't offer return info. For those who are wondering, what I wrote is called a limerick. It's a formal poetic style for short, humorous poems. Five lines with an AABBA rhyme scheme, and also a rough 8-9 / 8-9 / 5-6 / 5-6 / 8-9 syllable setup across the lines. Here's a limerick about limericks (which wasn't written by me):

Writing a Limerick's absurd,
Line one and line five rhyme in word,
And just as you've reckoned
They rhyme with the second;
The fourth line must rhyme with the third.

:D

It was funtimes figuring it out. :D
DQ9DP8W.png
Congratulations to the winners! ^-^ And well done to everyone who entered a poem, I loved reading through all the entries!

Thanks @Eclipsa, @paintminion, @Scrivello, and @Layz for organising/judging - I bet that was not an easy task! Thanks for your hard work in making this a fun competition. :)
Congratulations to the winners! ^-^ And well done to everyone who entered a poem, I loved reading through all the entries!

Thanks @Eclipsa, @paintminion, @Scrivello, and @Layz for organising/judging - I bet that was not an easy task! Thanks for your hard work in making this a fun competition. :)
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16