Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Need Feedback on Your Lore?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@pheelthemoment

Hi thanks for stopping by. ^^ I'm fine with doing both as their lore are tightly connected. I'll simply separate the page with asterisks (*) when I'm starting the next one. Edit: I had just finished Tarragon's part, but all the points can apply to Moraine as well. So while the points specifically highlight Tarragon's lore, they are still applicable to Moraine.

Lore: I think the main problem is that, though each paragraph is consistent in its theme, all the paragraphs are out of order. So I'll give you a base chronological arrangement and allow you to put the paragraphs where you deem they fit.

1. The Introduction: This is where the main character is first introduced to the reader. Give the name and overall role of the main character. Really hit home that defining character or role that influences the rest of the story. ((Example: This is Tarragon and he is considered to be the true founder of the clan as he is the glue that brings everyone closer together through peace and strife.))

2. Background/Childhood: This is where you mold early life experiences before he stepped into his role (after all nobody just becomes the expert of what they do, they have to learn and grow first...unless it's a literal Mary Sue which we don't want in a story). Talk about family, the environment that he grew up in, and any character-defining conflict. This could be how his family treats him, how his neighbors view him, how the dragons his own age interacted with him; but most of all, how did he react to each conflict? Positive or negative, forgiving or vengeful? This would be where most of the characterization for Tarragon takes place, and where the reader will invest and connect to him as a likable and understandable character.

3. Discovers his Passion: This is the point where the main character finds his would-be life's work or passion and begins to experiment with it, getting a feel for it. This doesn't necessarily mean he'll immediately take to it, but it does mean that passion/job/hobby needs to start becoming a part of his life. ((Example: He started a garden to please his grandma who told stories of lush fields of flowers and towering forests of bamboo, where he discovered he had quite the green thumb.))

4. The Climax: This is the point where the main character changes and/or makes a choice that affects the rest of the story, whether by circumstances or other characters mentioned in the story or by the main character himself. ((Example): He protected a clutch of hatchlings as the cave collapsed, but at the cost of his wings as large rocks slashed the frail membrane and crushed the delicate bones within.)) Emphasize the heightened emotions and thoughts as it is taking place, and at the end, finalizing it as the new cornerstone for the new chapter of his life. "He still wrote to his family back home, but he knew he could never return, not even for a visit." is an awesome final of note on the old chapter of his life and "[As] he'd always held a longing to return to Wind...he left for the Plateau and never looked back." is the climax and be the cornerstone for the next stage of his life.

5. The Aftermath: This is the point where the main character is the most vulnerable or uncertain as he progresses through this new stage of life. Whereas the Background/Childhood point tackled outside forces, now is the time to tackle his inner demons and insecurities. Will he fall back on old habits? Will he continue scared but determined to reach his goal? Will he break or will he triumph? Remind the reader of the past conflicts and his responses as they will be the blueprint/roots as he will draw from to stabilize himself in his new life. ((Example: After he reaches the Plateau, uncomfortable with so many hyperactive dragons, decided to settle in a tiny clearing by himself. As he reminisces about the home he left, he found a single pink rose in the middle of his new clearing, the same kind his grandmother loved. Smiling to himself, he decided to make a tiny garden and to make the effort to say hello to his neighbors and check out what the closest town has around. Little did he know that he was about to meet the love of his life ;)))

6. Fast-forward to the Present: Now you can talk about his role from the Introduction point in more depth. Emphasize any new characteristics/habits/quirks he has acquired, the improvements to the new environment, any new dragons in his life. How did his role impact the other dragons in his life (briefly on a surface level like the plant-eaters not eating plants in his presence). And go beyond and develop him more with new conflicts as you continue writing his story. :)

All in all, both characters seem really well-defined with nuances and habits, things that really define them. They just needed a story to star in. Follow the steps and add much detail as possible from the environment to their feelings. I also suggest adding a dialect specific to each of them. ((Example: His wife was too busy cutting in fat for the caramelized Bundt cake for her to notice him arranging a bouquet of 99 roses a large vase for her anniversary.)) 'Cutting in fat' and 'caramelized' are baking terms that mean mixing butter into flour with a whisk or other tool and melting sugar into liquid that then turns brown from the heat respectively, whereas the 99 roses represent a deep connection to the other person usually "love till death do you part."
Hope this helped and good luck! \(^0^)/
@pheelthemoment

Hi thanks for stopping by. ^^ I'm fine with doing both as their lore are tightly connected. I'll simply separate the page with asterisks (*) when I'm starting the next one. Edit: I had just finished Tarragon's part, but all the points can apply to Moraine as well. So while the points specifically highlight Tarragon's lore, they are still applicable to Moraine.

Lore: I think the main problem is that, though each paragraph is consistent in its theme, all the paragraphs are out of order. So I'll give you a base chronological arrangement and allow you to put the paragraphs where you deem they fit.

1. The Introduction: This is where the main character is first introduced to the reader. Give the name and overall role of the main character. Really hit home that defining character or role that influences the rest of the story. ((Example: This is Tarragon and he is considered to be the true founder of the clan as he is the glue that brings everyone closer together through peace and strife.))

2. Background/Childhood: This is where you mold early life experiences before he stepped into his role (after all nobody just becomes the expert of what they do, they have to learn and grow first...unless it's a literal Mary Sue which we don't want in a story). Talk about family, the environment that he grew up in, and any character-defining conflict. This could be how his family treats him, how his neighbors view him, how the dragons his own age interacted with him; but most of all, how did he react to each conflict? Positive or negative, forgiving or vengeful? This would be where most of the characterization for Tarragon takes place, and where the reader will invest and connect to him as a likable and understandable character.

3. Discovers his Passion: This is the point where the main character finds his would-be life's work or passion and begins to experiment with it, getting a feel for it. This doesn't necessarily mean he'll immediately take to it, but it does mean that passion/job/hobby needs to start becoming a part of his life. ((Example: He started a garden to please his grandma who told stories of lush fields of flowers and towering forests of bamboo, where he discovered he had quite the green thumb.))

4. The Climax: This is the point where the main character changes and/or makes a choice that affects the rest of the story, whether by circumstances or other characters mentioned in the story or by the main character himself. ((Example): He protected a clutch of hatchlings as the cave collapsed, but at the cost of his wings as large rocks slashed the frail membrane and crushed the delicate bones within.)) Emphasize the heightened emotions and thoughts as it is taking place, and at the end, finalizing it as the new cornerstone for the new chapter of his life. "He still wrote to his family back home, but he knew he could never return, not even for a visit." is an awesome final of note on the old chapter of his life and "[As] he'd always held a longing to return to Wind...he left for the Plateau and never looked back." is the climax and be the cornerstone for the next stage of his life.

5. The Aftermath: This is the point where the main character is the most vulnerable or uncertain as he progresses through this new stage of life. Whereas the Background/Childhood point tackled outside forces, now is the time to tackle his inner demons and insecurities. Will he fall back on old habits? Will he continue scared but determined to reach his goal? Will he break or will he triumph? Remind the reader of the past conflicts and his responses as they will be the blueprint/roots as he will draw from to stabilize himself in his new life. ((Example: After he reaches the Plateau, uncomfortable with so many hyperactive dragons, decided to settle in a tiny clearing by himself. As he reminisces about the home he left, he found a single pink rose in the middle of his new clearing, the same kind his grandmother loved. Smiling to himself, he decided to make a tiny garden and to make the effort to say hello to his neighbors and check out what the closest town has around. Little did he know that he was about to meet the love of his life ;)))

6. Fast-forward to the Present: Now you can talk about his role from the Introduction point in more depth. Emphasize any new characteristics/habits/quirks he has acquired, the improvements to the new environment, any new dragons in his life. How did his role impact the other dragons in his life (briefly on a surface level like the plant-eaters not eating plants in his presence). And go beyond and develop him more with new conflicts as you continue writing his story. :)

All in all, both characters seem really well-defined with nuances and habits, things that really define them. They just needed a story to star in. Follow the steps and add much detail as possible from the environment to their feelings. I also suggest adding a dialect specific to each of them. ((Example: His wife was too busy cutting in fat for the caramelized Bundt cake for her to notice him arranging a bouquet of 99 roses a large vase for her anniversary.)) 'Cutting in fat' and 'caramelized' are baking terms that mean mixing butter into flour with a whisk or other tool and melting sugar into liquid that then turns brown from the heat respectively, whereas the 99 roses represent a deep connection to the other person usually "love till death do you part."
Hope this helped and good luck! \(^0^)/
f3ddYmI.pngcib7xC4.png43VGxJT.png
If you have the time/interest, I'd love some feedback on this lad's lore. I've been trying out a different style for him and the rest of the crew (basically they're a loosely connected series of stories that take place in a laboratory setting) and i'm not sure how interesting of a read it turned out to be. Also I'm hoping the story can stand on it's own without having to rely too heavily on reading everyone else's stories, too. No need to pull any punches; I'm good with some harsh criticism and feedback. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14114824] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/141149/14114824_350.png[/img] [/url]
If you have the time/interest, I'd love some feedback on this lad's lore. I've been trying out a different style for him and the rest of the crew (basically they're a loosely connected series of stories that take place in a laboratory setting) and i'm not sure how interesting of a read it turned out to be. Also I'm hoping the story can stand on it's own without having to rely too heavily on reading everyone else's stories, too.

No need to pull any punches; I'm good with some harsh criticism and feedback.

14114824_350.png
erDky6R.png
Frigid Souls: Lineage

Glitched color sales

Back From The Dead: Public Hatchery
29612259.png63640503.png
Apologies to everyone. My computer just crashed with about 2 hours of LogarithmsGames feedback completely wiped. (I am crying inside) However, I have work in about an hour so I need to get ready and won't be done till almost midnight where I live. I won't be able to do anyone's today but will knock all of you out tomorrow (Fingers-crossed that it won't crash again).
Apologies to everyone. My computer just crashed with about 2 hours of LogarithmsGames feedback completely wiped. (I am crying inside) However, I have work in about an hour so I need to get ready and won't be done till almost midnight where I live. I won't be able to do anyone's today but will knock all of you out tomorrow (Fingers-crossed that it won't crash again).
@Wylla thank you so much for the thorough advice!! structure definitely was like my biggest failing and i wasn't sure what to do about it, but your guideline will be such a big boon [emoji=tundra love size=1] (and not even just for these two! i def gotta take a look at a lot of my dragons) i really appreciate you taking the time to do this! (and aaa geez, sorry about the computer crash :X losing writing is always so upsetting)
@Wylla thank you so much for the thorough advice!! structure definitely was like my biggest failing and i wasn't sure what to do about it, but your guideline will be such a big boon (and not even just for these two! i def gotta take a look at a lot of my dragons)

i really appreciate you taking the time to do this!

(and aaa geez, sorry about the computer crash :X losing writing is always so upsetting)

.......413ed94a7ed081423339dc9ad221e7783e66a715.png....
2c5d77634624e02aa8c1f95d43873fcbc89a7efd.png.....
A0CDXxc.png
@LogrithmGames
Hello, thanks for stopping by ^^ and apologies for the delay.

Anti-hero: a central character that we, as a society, deem as not having heroic qualities, and is usually an amalgamation of extreme good and extreme evil.

((If you have not seen The Godfather, I highly recommend it as the main character is a classic antihero that many reference when giving an example.))

Now many people (myself included) find it difficult to make a good antihero character due to the reader having a harder time connecting or even rooting for them as they tend to have what we as idealists call bad character. We want someone whom we can look up to, someone whom we actually want to win the day.

In The Godfather, Michael, the main character, is a mob boss. He kills people. That's considered really bad. Amarr is so focused on her own self-improvement that she controls and/or gets rid of people she deems is hindering her from reaching her goals. That's also considered really bad. But why did we root for Michael and why will we root for Amarr? Because they have a line that they will not cross, and one that the true villain of the story has no problem crossing.

***You have already established the line: no blood-rage, no necromancy, no immortality.
***You have already established motive: "prevent the world from going further afowl" (though clarity is really needed. Example: two of the line no-no's deal with death, so maybe it's for the stability of life or the natural order as when one thing dies, another is born to take its place. Disrupting that by resurrecting the dead or preventing death altogether throws that balance off kilter).
***What you need is a true villain, someone so evil and wicked that we as the reader want to support Amarr in defeating him/her. The best kind is as a foil of the antihero, which in turn highlights the antihero's best characteristic: the moral line they will not cross. Don't get me wrong, Amarr is not a pleasant person, but if it's between her and say (idk) Satan himself, then I will support Amarr in all her endeavors as she is the lesser of the two evils and I know she at least has the potential to be redeemed whereas Satan will never change. In The Godfather, the true villain started good (or from our perspective better) but went over the edge, making him a literal monster of a man by the end.

All in all, a really interesting concept, one I haven't seen yet. Create a true villain, and create their contrasting environments (Amarr in a tower maybe while Villain is underground). Establish their character, motivations/ideals, how they react to others (Amarr has Mortis so maybe gruff but tolerates, but Villain attacks everyone and treats them like dirt). I suggest parallel story lines until they interfere with the other, bouncing off each other's lore when making plans and counterattacks, until the conflict comes to a head in an epic battle between Balance and Chaos.
@LogrithmGames
Hello, thanks for stopping by ^^ and apologies for the delay.

Anti-hero: a central character that we, as a society, deem as not having heroic qualities, and is usually an amalgamation of extreme good and extreme evil.

((If you have not seen The Godfather, I highly recommend it as the main character is a classic antihero that many reference when giving an example.))

Now many people (myself included) find it difficult to make a good antihero character due to the reader having a harder time connecting or even rooting for them as they tend to have what we as idealists call bad character. We want someone whom we can look up to, someone whom we actually want to win the day.

In The Godfather, Michael, the main character, is a mob boss. He kills people. That's considered really bad. Amarr is so focused on her own self-improvement that she controls and/or gets rid of people she deems is hindering her from reaching her goals. That's also considered really bad. But why did we root for Michael and why will we root for Amarr? Because they have a line that they will not cross, and one that the true villain of the story has no problem crossing.

***You have already established the line: no blood-rage, no necromancy, no immortality.
***You have already established motive: "prevent the world from going further afowl" (though clarity is really needed. Example: two of the line no-no's deal with death, so maybe it's for the stability of life or the natural order as when one thing dies, another is born to take its place. Disrupting that by resurrecting the dead or preventing death altogether throws that balance off kilter).
***What you need is a true villain, someone so evil and wicked that we as the reader want to support Amarr in defeating him/her. The best kind is as a foil of the antihero, which in turn highlights the antihero's best characteristic: the moral line they will not cross. Don't get me wrong, Amarr is not a pleasant person, but if it's between her and say (idk) Satan himself, then I will support Amarr in all her endeavors as she is the lesser of the two evils and I know she at least has the potential to be redeemed whereas Satan will never change. In The Godfather, the true villain started good (or from our perspective better) but went over the edge, making him a literal monster of a man by the end.

All in all, a really interesting concept, one I haven't seen yet. Create a true villain, and create their contrasting environments (Amarr in a tower maybe while Villain is underground). Establish their character, motivations/ideals, how they react to others (Amarr has Mortis so maybe gruff but tolerates, but Villain attacks everyone and treats them like dirt). I suggest parallel story lines until they interfere with the other, bouncing off each other's lore when making plans and counterattacks, until the conflict comes to a head in an epic battle between Balance and Chaos.
[quote name="Wylla" date="2019-08-29 09:40:14" ] Apologies to everyone. My computer just crashed with about 2 hours of LogarithmsGames feedback completely wiped. (I am crying inside) However, I have work in about an hour so I need to get ready and won't be done till almost midnight where I live. I won't be able to do anyone's today but will knock all of you out tomorrow (Fingers-crossed that it won't crash again). [/quote] @Wylla sorry (cringes) i actually do have a villlian. That would be first Lucis Furor soorry if i am throwing too many dragons at you [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51727741] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/517278/51727741_350.png[/img] [/url]
Wylla wrote on 2019-08-29 09:40:14:
@Wylla

sorry (cringes)

i actually do have a villlian. That would be first Lucis Furor

soorry if i am throwing too many dragons at you

51727741_350.png
I have a subspecies. click here to view it.This is a tutorial that you might find useful. interaction thread, please post.show me your /drs posts here! this is a wiki that desperately needs people.bYt72YT.pngv2PJF9u.png
@LogrithmGames

That's fine with me, though it will be a while before I get to Ms. Furor. :)

And thanks for your concerns. I found a way around it yay! \(^0^)/
@LogrithmGames

That's fine with me, though it will be a while before I get to Ms. Furor. :)

And thanks for your concerns. I found a way around it yay! \(^0^)/
@furo

Hello, thanks for stopping by ^^ and apologies for the delay. First off, massive props to @Shariza and @Voronwis for amazing stories. It was an absolute joy to read. (*^^*)

But that leaves me with a problem. Do you want me to combine their narratives into one story, or would you rather I simply treat them as two storytellers in two different locations telling the same story, but (because they are two different people) in a different story style and emphasizing different points/details of the story? Just need to know so I can analyze accordingly.

Edit: Whoops just saw the edit. So new dragon?
Edit2: Eh, I'll do both. I'm already invested into Autumnus and you did change the dragon before I made a post.
@furo

Hello, thanks for stopping by ^^ and apologies for the delay. First off, massive props to @Shariza and @Voronwis for amazing stories. It was an absolute joy to read. (*^^*)

But that leaves me with a problem. Do you want me to combine their narratives into one story, or would you rather I simply treat them as two storytellers in two different locations telling the same story, but (because they are two different people) in a different story style and emphasizing different points/details of the story? Just need to know so I can analyze accordingly.

Edit: Whoops just saw the edit. So new dragon?
Edit2: Eh, I'll do both. I'm already invested into Autumnus and you did change the dragon before I made a post.
Thank you for the compliment, I'm super happy you enjoyed reading my writing! [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
Thank you for the compliment, I'm super happy you enjoyed reading my writing!
PinkGem.png
Horizontal-Banner.png
invisi

Lair
Lore Shop
Music Shop
Lore Thread
invisibleinvisible

SDBrake.png
@wylla two storytellers telling the same story would work fine! ^^ thanks for doing this :>
@wylla two storytellers telling the same story would work fine! ^^ thanks for doing this :>
CvyoOwu.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10