Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Interact] Singles' Night!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@myriadofstars [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/475929/47592879p.png[/img][/center] [center][i]Myr gently nodded.[/i] "It is nice." [i]They paused right back.[/i] "I've enjoyed meeting you, too. It's made the night worthwhile."[/center] (I'm not sure if this was meant to be a parting response, but if it was, thank you for dropping by! it's been fun, and I appreciate you sticking around! but if it's not, then excuse me, and feel free to keep going!!) ----- [center][emoji=heart size=1][emoji=rose size=1][emoji=heart size=1][/center] ----- @Gulfstream [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/466070/46606984p.png[/img][/center] [center][i]Haemon laughed.[/i] "Oh, it's hard not to with all the options around, isn't it? I suppose that why I'm only the host... If I were guest you'd find me having a heart attack right on that dancefloor!" [i]He almost took a drink, but restrained himself.[/i] "Everyone's quite open, though. They all understand we're all here for more or less the same reason. I doubt anyone came here to be left alone..." [i]He swirled his glass in avoidance again.[/i] "...Well, generally speaking. Anyways, if you really are more here for the social aspects, why not start here? With me, I mean. What do you do? For fun, for a living?"[/center]
@myriadofstars
47592879p.png
Myr gently nodded. "It is nice." They paused right back. "I've enjoyed meeting you, too. It's made the night worthwhile."

(I'm not sure if this was meant to be a parting response, but if it was, thank you for dropping by! it's been fun, and I appreciate you sticking around! but if it's not, then excuse me, and feel free to keep going!!)

@Gulfstream
46606984p.png
Haemon laughed. "Oh, it's hard not to with all the options around, isn't it? I suppose that why I'm only the host... If I were guest you'd find me having a heart attack right on that dancefloor!" He almost took a drink, but restrained himself. "Everyone's quite open, though. They all understand we're all here for more or less the same reason. I doubt anyone came here to be left alone..." He swirled his glass in avoidance again. "...Well, generally speaking. Anyways, if you really are more here for the social aspects, why not start here? With me, I mean. What do you do? For fun, for a living?"
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
@SporkLord (dw! I've obviously not been supremely speedy for a while either, lol) [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/414392/41439186p.png[/img][/center] [center][i]Lock grinned a bit.[/i] "You, uh, seem to have done right well for yerself, then. Truly... Truly helpin' folks... I ain't dealin' with many diseases much, if I'll be honest. Last major surgery, a pal got his foot blown t' bits. Gunshot... Had to lose the darned thing, and I had to be the one to saw it. Magic solves those sortsa things, you ain't gotta sacrifice what you can regrow..." [i]His grin faded as quickly as it'd appeared.[/i] "S'pose sewin' 'em up is the important part, though... I'd think any pack-Mirror could gnaw off a leg, they just can't sew it so it doesn't kill 'em one way or 'nother." [i]The Mirror coughed again, almost out of awkward anticipation as he debated what to say next.[/i] "That sort of talk ain't gonna ruin your appetite, right? Not bein' a doctor, and all... I know I sure don't mind no more. Though I s'pose the Wasteland ain't famous for food you can just... choke down easy. Spicy or rotten, that's all you get. Lucky Haemon's got chefs, prettying up the tastes and gettin' imports an' fancy meats." [i]He might have kept going on some food tangent, but tried to refocus.[/i] "An... Nuh'ways, what's brought you here? I mean, there's lotsa sort of obvious options, but plenty'a folks come for other things..."[/center] ----- [center][emoji=heart size=1][emoji=rose size=1][emoji=heart size=1][/center] ----- @Dragonfire546 [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/442835/44283418p.png[/img][/center] [center]"Astrology? How intriguing! We've not got astrologists here, not that I know of..." [i]He adjusted his necklace, almost mindlessly.[/i] "I myself am an entomologist. Not licensed or anything, but I'm the closest to a proper entomologist in the clan, so I'd think that just about makes me one. I raise bugs; for pets, for food, for fun... And in return they pollinate the garden I've made for them. And you know what I get from that garden's plants?" [i](He didn't bother to let Orion even hazard a guess.)[/i] "Essential oils. It's a small business, but one that I can certainly see becoming popular... One day, hopefully. In the meantime, raising bugs and partying occasionly seems to suit me quite well. After all, I get to meet an [i]astrologist[/i]! What a delight!"[/center] ----- [center][emoji=heart size=1][emoji=rose size=1][emoji=heart size=1][/center] ----- @LostVices (oh I absolutely want it to keep going! it's just easy to get a lot of backlog, posting in order and all. I'm glad to see people staying though!!) [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/503448/50344797p.png[/img][/center] [center][i]Snakeroot was already chuckling, though not very audibly. In any other context it might have seemed like a growl, really- if Alegria could even hear the Guardian, it was probably clear she didn't laugh often.[/i] "Hell, good stories and keeping- how about we say [i]colorful[/i] colleagues- I can't say I see you and I being too different. Besides the archeology thing, of course. I think you got me beat for the more legitimate career there." [i]She was smiling again then, this time not bothering to hide it.[/i] [i]Taking a seat in this less crowded area (a waiter or two walked around with drinks, but the Guardian didn't bother to take one), Snakeroot fully removed her mask now and set it down on the horseshoe-shaped booth's back.[/i] "It's been a while since I've talked to someone that seemed to have a level enough head-" [i]She pulled a sizable hip flask from her sash, twisting and flicking open the cap as she reclined against her seat.[/i] "-so I wouldn't mind listening to just about anything you throw at me."[/center] ----- [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/414392/41439186p.png[/img][/center] [center][i]Lock seemed to be a bit more relieved now, perhaps because of the sheer fact he hadn't scared the Gaoler off.[/i] "Somewhere quieter... Wouldn't mind that. I don't mind crowds, I'm just, ah- well, uh... Nevermind. Don't matter much, now that I'm thinkin' 'bout it..." [i]He stood then, oddly steady on his feet for how unsure the rest of him seemed to be. His standing posture seemed a lot better than his sitting, too.[/i] "Haem's showed me a real nice spot before. Next to the kitchen... I said 'Haem,' didn't I? No one calls 'im that... Dunno why I go 'round sayin' it. I don't reckon he even likes it all that much. Anyways, the- the walls there, they make the music- they make it hard for the music to get too loud. Ain't the [i]least crowded[/i], but it's calmer there for sure." [i]He sort of awkwardly took the lead, though more beside Oleander than in front of him.[/i] "You said y'all are out here studyin' ruins an' all? Ain't hard to find out here, 'less you want some uninhabited ones. From what I hear there's some out here... Not 'hear.' I've [i]been[/i] to an old thing out here, big ruined cathedral some priest's claimed for their whole... Thing." [i]He quickly quieted his voice.[/i] "That darned vampire lives there, that's all I know." [i]He sighed before continuing.[/i] "I think that's all for ruins though, could be wrong. There's just those big obsid'an things poking up everywhere 'round here otherwise. I don't know if those count for y'all, though. No one's told me why the things are here. Don't reckon they know... But Haemon likes to ramble on about all sorts of things like that- I right recall him sayin' he'd built this manor on some." [i]They neared the area Lock mentioned now, and he quickly looked for a Gaoler-friendly empty spot.[/i] "See? Uh- quieter here. Bass won't pound in your skull an' all... Food's freshest here, too. I think I need somethin' to eat, might help." [i]Lock seemed to muster a real smile, though he seemed more distracted than anything.[/i] "You said you- uh, you... Apologies again, what'd you want to talk about?"[/center] (it's completely up to you whether these two quieter areas happen to be one in the same...)
@SporkLord (dw! I've obviously not been supremely speedy for a while either, lol)
41439186p.png
Lock grinned a bit. "You, uh, seem to have done right well for yerself, then. Truly... Truly helpin' folks... I ain't dealin' with many diseases much, if I'll be honest. Last major surgery, a pal got his foot blown t' bits. Gunshot... Had to lose the darned thing, and I had to be the one to saw it. Magic solves those sortsa things, you ain't gotta sacrifice what you can regrow..." His grin faded as quickly as it'd appeared. "S'pose sewin' 'em up is the important part, though... I'd think any pack-Mirror could gnaw off a leg, they just can't sew it so it doesn't kill 'em one way or 'nother."

The Mirror coughed again, almost out of awkward anticipation as he debated what to say next. "That sort of talk ain't gonna ruin your appetite, right? Not bein' a doctor, and all... I know I sure don't mind no more. Though I s'pose the Wasteland ain't famous for food you can just... choke down easy. Spicy or rotten, that's all you get. Lucky Haemon's got chefs, prettying up the tastes and gettin' imports an' fancy meats." He might have kept going on some food tangent, but tried to refocus. "An... Nuh'ways, what's brought you here? I mean, there's lotsa sort of obvious options, but plenty'a folks come for other things..."

@Dragonfire546
44283418p.png
"Astrology? How intriguing! We've not got astrologists here, not that I know of..." He adjusted his necklace, almost mindlessly. "I myself am an entomologist. Not licensed or anything, but I'm the closest to a proper entomologist in the clan, so I'd think that just about makes me one. I raise bugs; for pets, for food, for fun... And in return they pollinate the garden I've made for them. And you know what I get from that garden's plants?" (He didn't bother to let Orion even hazard a guess.) "Essential oils. It's a small business, but one that I can certainly see becoming popular... One day, hopefully. In the meantime, raising bugs and partying occasionly seems to suit me quite well. After all, I get to meet an astrologist! What a delight!"

@LostVices (oh I absolutely want it to keep going! it's just easy to get a lot of backlog, posting in order and all. I'm glad to see people staying though!!)
50344797p.png
Snakeroot was already chuckling, though not very audibly. In any other context it might have seemed like a growl, really- if Alegria could even hear the Guardian, it was probably clear she didn't laugh often. "Hell, good stories and keeping- how about we say colorful colleagues- I can't say I see you and I being too different. Besides the archeology thing, of course. I think you got me beat for the more legitimate career there." She was smiling again then, this time not bothering to hide it.

Taking a seat in this less crowded area (a waiter or two walked around with drinks, but the Guardian didn't bother to take one), Snakeroot fully removed her mask now and set it down on the horseshoe-shaped booth's back. "It's been a while since I've talked to someone that seemed to have a level enough head-" She pulled a sizable hip flask from her sash, twisting and flicking open the cap as she reclined against her seat. "-so I wouldn't mind listening to just about anything you throw at me."

41439186p.png
Lock seemed to be a bit more relieved now, perhaps because of the sheer fact he hadn't scared the Gaoler off. "Somewhere quieter... Wouldn't mind that. I don't mind crowds, I'm just, ah- well, uh... Nevermind. Don't matter much, now that I'm thinkin' 'bout it..." He stood then, oddly steady on his feet for how unsure the rest of him seemed to be. His standing posture seemed a lot better than his sitting, too. "Haem's showed me a real nice spot before. Next to the kitchen... I said 'Haem,' didn't I? No one calls 'im that... Dunno why I go 'round sayin' it. I don't reckon he even likes it all that much. Anyways, the- the walls there, they make the music- they make it hard for the music to get too loud. Ain't the least crowded, but it's calmer there for sure."

He sort of awkwardly took the lead, though more beside Oleander than in front of him. "You said y'all are out here studyin' ruins an' all? Ain't hard to find out here, 'less you want some uninhabited ones. From what I hear there's some out here... Not 'hear.' I've been to an old thing out here, big ruined cathedral some priest's claimed for their whole... Thing." He quickly quieted his voice. "That darned vampire lives there, that's all I know." He sighed before continuing. "I think that's all for ruins though, could be wrong. There's just those big obsid'an things poking up everywhere 'round here otherwise. I don't know if those count for y'all, though. No one's told me why the things are here. Don't reckon they know... But Haemon likes to ramble on about all sorts of things like that- I right recall him sayin' he'd built this manor on some."

They neared the area Lock mentioned now, and he quickly looked for a Gaoler-friendly empty spot. "See? Uh- quieter here. Bass won't pound in your skull an' all... Food's freshest here, too. I think I need somethin' to eat, might help." Lock seemed to muster a real smile, though he seemed more distracted than anything. "You said you- uh, you... Apologies again, what'd you want to talk about?"

(it's completely up to you whether these two quieter areas happen to be one in the same...)
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
Quentin nodded. "Well, I am my clan's scribe and librarian. I organize, copy, and transcribe all the documents and books." He says. "For fun, well, I am an avid reader and an amateur poet."
Quentin nodded. "Well, I am my clan's scribe and librarian. I organize, copy, and transcribe all the documents and books." He says. "For fun, well, I am an avid reader and an amateur poet."
LyFc5Gi.png Gulfie pCXTX60.png
( I feel like the areas are close enough to like wave at each other over the crowds, but too far to hear each other. But I'm not opposed if you want everyone to cross paths at some point! ;) ) ------------------------------------- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42149143] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/421492/42149143_350.png[/img] [/url] "-and then she [i]flipped[/i] the table!" She pauses for just a second, one claw hovering in the air as she took a sip from her drink with the other hand. The ridgeback snorted. "A tiny fae, with a table that had to be at [i]least[/i] 6 times her weight." "It will be a good, long while before I attend another brunch with the Textile Restoration Association, I'll tell you that." While recounting the story, she'd been eagerly gesturing, but now lay a hand stretched near her drink. Glancing out at the crowd, she caught a glimpse of a familiar white mane. "Oh! There's my assistant! The gaoler with the yellow coat." Pointing towards the crowd, Oleander seems to be more relaxed than earlier. And talking with someone? "He's usually not too social, so I was surprised to hear that he wanted to come. Real nice young man though." Alegria doesn't elaborate much, but it's easy to tell she has nothing but nice things to say about him. "Which reminds me!" A grin spreads across her face, as she rests her chin in her claws. "You haven't told me much about your work, and [i]I do[/i] believe you mentioned working with some colorful characters as well." Hopefully all this work talk wouldn't be too boring for the guardian. She'd like to see that smile from earlier again. --------------------- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52899849] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/528999/52899849_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]Built on ruins? Obsidian.. things? He would have to remember to tell Alegria at some point. [/i] "Hmm, we tend to study those of populated areas more often than not. Alegria, my employer, enjoys talking to locals." Ducking past a pair of Fae animatedly chattering, or at least, he [i]assumed[/i] were talking animatedly, he kept close to Lock to keep up the conversation. "The longer they've stayed, more we have to work with. Region specific language makes translation difficult. Abandoned areas.. tend to be abandoned for reason." As the crowd begins to thin out, he lowers his voice back to his earlier volume. "I will have to bring up your suggestions with my employer. Not sure she has heard them before." He pauses for a moment, before looking back to the mirror. "Thank you." After flagging down a waiter for an order, Oleander relaxed a bit, enjoying the relative quiet in comparison to the other rooms. If you looked closely, you could probably see his mane begin to flatten a bit. "Ah. I was going to ask about your.. group? You mentioned traveling with them earlier. Have you been with them long or.. more of recent development?"
( I feel like the areas are close enough to like wave at each other over the crowds, but too far to hear each other. But I'm not opposed if you want everyone to cross paths at some point! ;) )

42149143_350.png

"-and then she flipped the table!" She pauses for just a second, one claw hovering in the air as she took a sip from her drink with the other hand. The ridgeback snorted. "A tiny fae, with a table that had to be at least 6 times her weight."

"It will be a good, long while before I attend another brunch with the Textile Restoration Association, I'll tell you that." While recounting the story, she'd been eagerly gesturing, but now lay a hand stretched near her drink.

Glancing out at the crowd, she caught a glimpse of a familiar white mane.

"Oh! There's my assistant! The gaoler with the yellow coat." Pointing towards the crowd, Oleander seems to be more relaxed than earlier. And talking with someone?

"He's usually not too social, so I was surprised to hear that he wanted to come. Real nice young man though." Alegria doesn't elaborate much, but it's easy to tell she has nothing but nice things to say about him.

"Which reminds me!" A grin spreads across her face, as she rests her chin in her claws. "You haven't told me much about your work, and I do believe you mentioned working with some colorful characters as well."

Hopefully all this work talk wouldn't be too boring for the guardian. She'd like to see that smile from earlier again.

52899849_350.png

Built on ruins? Obsidian.. things? He would have to remember to tell Alegria at some point.

"Hmm, we tend to study those of populated areas more often than not. Alegria, my employer, enjoys talking to locals." Ducking past a pair of Fae animatedly chattering, or at least, he assumed were talking animatedly, he kept close to Lock to keep up the conversation.

"The longer they've stayed, more we have to work with. Region specific language makes translation difficult. Abandoned areas.. tend to be abandoned for reason." As the crowd begins to thin out, he lowers his voice back to his earlier volume.

"I will have to bring up your suggestions with my employer. Not sure she has heard them before." He pauses for a moment, before looking back to the mirror. "Thank you."

After flagging down a waiter for an order, Oleander relaxed a bit, enjoying the relative quiet in comparison to the other rooms. If you looked closely, you could probably see his mane begin to flatten a bit.

"Ah. I was going to ask about your.. group? You mentioned traveling with them earlier. Have you been with them long or.. more of recent development?"
tumblr_inline_pi905v48pa1rhxln1_100.png - She/Her
- FR Time
- 20 y/o
- Wishlist
1EVlM.gif FsbHk.gif
[size=4]Apologies for the delayed response. I was recently gifted Iceborne, and it has consumed most of my attention and free time.[/size=4] [emoji=gaoler tongue size=1] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54009973] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/540100/54009973p.png[/img] [/url] [i]Plaything?[/i] The Gaoler was struck but momentarily speechless as Lovelight’s musical laughter and unflappable manner brought further warmth to her face. [b]“Nothing would please me more than to remain in thy company.”[/b] The words surprised her as they left her maw, but not as much as the fact that she absolutely meant them. Lumalorn could only hope that her immediate reply would not be “how high?” should her vaguely threatening but undeniably alluring companion ask her to jump. [b]”Then live tonight I shall, for I assure thee that my charms are without end.”[/b] Given no time to be a bit embarrassed at her own boldness as Lovelight swept her ever forward (for how could she resist?), she stifles any lingering apprehension. For what a lousy bard she would be if she could not dance? The dusky drake’s wordless invitation was accepted with not a hint of hesitation. Luma sprang forth to whirl and weave with the Guardian, her fur and tail like streamers as she strove to be the ebb to Lovelight’s flow, the yin to her yang. Never had she had such untamed dance partner and could not look away even if she’d wanted to; she could only respond in kind as the music took its hold.
Apologies for the delayed response. I was recently gifted Iceborne, and it has consumed most of my attention and free time.

54009973p.png

Plaything? The Gaoler was struck but momentarily speechless as Lovelight’s musical laughter and unflappable manner brought further warmth to her face. “Nothing would please me more than to remain in thy company.” The words surprised her as they left her maw, but not as much as the fact that she absolutely meant them. Lumalorn could only hope that her immediate reply would not be “how high?” should her vaguely threatening but undeniably alluring companion ask her to jump. ”Then live tonight I shall, for I assure thee that my charms are without end.”

Given no time to be a bit embarrassed at her own boldness as Lovelight swept her ever forward (for how could she resist?), she stifles any lingering apprehension. For what a lousy bard she would be if she could not dance? The dusky drake’s wordless invitation was accepted with not a hint of hesitation. Luma sprang forth to whirl and weave with the Guardian, her fur and tail like streamers as she strove to be the ebb to Lovelight’s flow, the yin to her yang. Never had she had such untamed dance partner and could not look away even if she’d wanted to; she could only respond in kind as the music took its hold.
GbFIqLF.gifUeeT9yF.png9QgprhF.gif
@Gulfstream [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/466070/46606984p.png[/img][/center] [center][i]Haemon just kept fiddling with his glass, before finally giving into another sip.[/i] "Books... Documents... You've simply reminded me that I don't stop by the clan's library as often as I should! The quietness is a bit... Well, suffocating for me, I suppose. I've considered book clubs, though I've never quite gotten the time, despite having the friends for it. And I'm dreadful at choosing things to read, I can't [i]stand[/i] to read unhappy things. But poems are always quite beautiful, even when sad, aren't they? Like a sort of cousin to music... I can certainly admire that!"[/center] ----- [center][emoji=heart size=1][emoji=rose size=1][emoji=heart size=1][/center] ----- @LostVices [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/503448/50344797p.png[/img][/center] [center][i]Over the course of Alegria's story, Snakeroot's nonchalant posture had changed to a certainly more intrigued one; she was leaning forward, clearly invested, just as she'd promised.[/i] "My career, huh?" [i]She rubbed her jaw.[/i] "I do mercenary work, never really much else. I started it- I think I was still on my Search at the time- was good at it, and couldn't really think of what else to do instead. It pays just about as well as you'd think; though, to be fair, I don't freelance, I work for a company, and that's a good chunk of paycheck security." [i]She paused, and seemed to just be looking for the Ridgeback's reaction. Mercenary work didn't tend to have the cleanest reputation, after all. Still, she continued on.[/i] "And I can assure you it really isn't as grisly as you'd think. It's just about getting dragons to back off, not finishing them off for doing the exact same thing you are. That's why we've always got healers, and I'd say better ones than any proper army employs." "I used to have a dedicated one- back when I [i]did[/i] freelance, early on. Split up over-" [i]She vaguely gestured with her flask-gripping claw.[/i] "-Dumb stuff. But, nowadays, I've got a small sort of troop I work with. Two fighters like me, and then a Fae kid that got caught up in the whole business. He's training to be a proper healer, but I doubt he's gonna stick around once he can properly fend for himself. I don't blame him, it's not for everyone. Kid's determined though, and I suspect he's gonna be pretty well-off whenever he decides to leave." [i]A chuckle escaped her.[/i] "I just hope it'll be him missing me, and not the other way around. If some kid retires before I do, I think I'm a Bringer-cursed lost cause." [i]Snakeroot took a drink before continuing.[/i] "The other fighters are Guardians too, and... Eh, I don't get caught up in their drama. Last thing I need is to be their counselor, you know? It's bad enough I already let Leech- oh, that's of them, she's an archer- drag me places like this." [i]Another smile formed on her face, and she focused on Alegria a bit more intently.[/i] "Though, I can't really say that's worked out too terribly for me... there's some [i]gorgeous[/i] company to be had here. Entertaining, too, and able to make one hell of a nice night here so far." [i]With that she reclined back in her seat.[/i] "But, anyways, work's always pretty high energy, stressful for all the wrong reasons. I still like what I do, don't get me wrong, but it's nice to get to relax sometimes. Slow down... Whatever way the opportunity comes to me. Guess that's why I'm here." [i]Her claws rhythmically tapped against her flask for a moment.[/i] "What about you, though? Did you just- heh, did you just follow your assistant here, or did you come here for some other reason?"[/center] ----- [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/414392/41439186p.png[/img][/center] [center][i]Lock nodded along to everything Oleander had said, and, upon sitting down, had just requested (iceless) water from a waiter. The calmer atmosphere had seemed to help him a little too, and he sort of stretched out on the larger seat here.[/i] "Aw, yeah, the posse. We're kinda different than a normal Mirror pack, more permanent. I've been with 'em, since... since... Uh, well, I don't recall bein' quite grown yet. I wasn't a hatchie, I think I was in sorta adolescence. I was a scrapper then, takin' old fabric an' reselling it. But when I joined... I think I got hit in the head? Made... Made my eye bad, if I recall correctly. I can see out of it, eyelid jus' sits funny..." [i]He suddenly paused.[/i] "Sorry for bein' all... All nonchalant 'bout that. Thing's just normal out here, if you've wandered 'round the Wasteland you've probably been hit in the head once or twice. But, uh, I... I saw this Spiral, sorta briefly, an' when I woke up proper I was in a tent of sorts. I was in an alright way, she told me I'd been robbed but she killed the rat-bas-" [i]He harshly coughed into his words.[/i] "-and I'd be fine. And then left. 'Course I was real confused, but soon on I met the leader of the posse, and she introduced herself, asked if I had any sort of anythin' to go back to... I ended up joinin' them, there wasn't really that many of us then. And I sort of just took on bein' a doctor cause... Uh... They... They didn't have a proper one, an'... she was, uh..." [i]His eyes seemed distant then, and stayed that way for a few moments before he harshly wiped them.[/i] "I... I wouldn't trade 'em for anything. They're my family, really... An' I like the lifestyle. Gettin' to travel around, meetin' all sorts of new dragons... Hard as it may be to believe, I really do like talkin'. Just not fantastic at it, I reckon..." [i]Another cough.[/i] "A few in my posse's stayin' in the clan right now. Only some of us, though. I gotta head out once I decide to go, our... Our leader can't really stay inside, and I... I gotta... Huh. It just, uh... means I can't really stay inside, neither. But... Well, if it gets to that late, we could always just meet up somewhere another time. If you wouldn't mind, 'course. I feel like I ain't uh, my best right now, an' I'd be glad to help you out with your, uh, ruins-lookin'. Even if I ain't an expert, I reckon I've got connections or somethin' or other. Night's still young, though... Night's still young." [i]He contemplated taking a sip, staring down at the water.[/i] "Your work's int-restin' to me, though. Scavengin's much preferred to preservation out here, typ-clly. Sure y'all've already known that, though. But, uh, guess I'm wonderin', is it fun? Or rather, just, uh... Why do you do it?"[/center] ----- [center][emoji=heart size=1][emoji=rose size=1][emoji=heart size=1][/center] ----- @Shaydas [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/488603/48860272p.png[/img][/center] [center][i]If Lovelight's interest wasn't evident before, it is now. She's smiling (this bright, almost uncanny smile, all fangs and unattainable purity), laughing at any unexpected move that Luma makes, any shift that convinces the Guardian to change her movements.[/i] [i]For a moment, the live band's music beats louder, violently even, a sort of uproarious record-scratch interrupting their playing until the tempo suddenly slows, and they perform a new tune. Something one might dance slower too- despite the energy the beat still pulses into the tune. A few dragons on the dance floor stand awkwardly at the shift, but Lovelight ensures that Luma doesn't mind that. She slows her twisting, her spinning, and allows Lumalorn to do the same. Despite the natural bulk of her form, Lovelight almost moves closer in a serpentine way, her own shoulder against the Gaoler's, the countless gentle decorations she wears generating a slight static cling with the fur they now met or, if fate should have it, found themselves buried in. As Lovelight's voice escaped again, quiet as it was to account for the distance, one thing was overwhelming apparent; she spoke with a clarity of breath her dancing shouldn't have allowed.[/i] [font=fantasy]"You must have noticed by now I'm not a 'talker'- not like you, angel, not like you. Though words can be so very meaningful, can't they?"[/font] [i]Another laugh, ringing and venomous.[/i] [font=fantasy] "Which reminds me, you [i]must[/i] tell me when you're growing too tired. I've already said I don't mean for you to die tonight- it'd be a shame if we had all this fun and I forgot to let you go, hm? Wouldn't want your heart giving out now, not with how full it seems..."[/font] [i]Despite the sadistic sort of... Adoration, perhaps, in her tone, it seems to fade into something less sinister as she whispers again, her grin more subtle now.[/i][font=fantasy] "And you've barely even introduced yourself yet. I'm all for blind adoration, but I am still capable of being a sentimental creature. So tell me, Lumalorn- just [i]who[/i] is it that's already enraptured me?"[/font][/center]
@Gulfstream
46606984p.png
Haemon just kept fiddling with his glass, before finally giving into another sip. "Books... Documents... You've simply reminded me that I don't stop by the clan's library as often as I should! The quietness is a bit... Well, suffocating for me, I suppose. I've considered book clubs, though I've never quite gotten the time, despite having the friends for it. And I'm dreadful at choosing things to read, I can't stand to read unhappy things. But poems are always quite beautiful, even when sad, aren't they? Like a sort of cousin to music... I can certainly admire that!"

@LostVices
50344797p.png
Over the course of Alegria's story, Snakeroot's nonchalant posture had changed to a certainly more intrigued one; she was leaning forward, clearly invested, just as she'd promised. "My career, huh?" She rubbed her jaw. "I do mercenary work, never really much else. I started it- I think I was still on my Search at the time- was good at it, and couldn't really think of what else to do instead. It pays just about as well as you'd think; though, to be fair, I don't freelance, I work for a company, and that's a good chunk of paycheck security." She paused, and seemed to just be looking for the Ridgeback's reaction. Mercenary work didn't tend to have the cleanest reputation, after all. Still, she continued on. "And I can assure you it really isn't as grisly as you'd think. It's just about getting dragons to back off, not finishing them off for doing the exact same thing you are. That's why we've always got healers, and I'd say better ones than any proper army employs."

"I used to have a dedicated one- back when I did freelance, early on. Split up over-" She vaguely gestured with her flask-gripping claw. "-Dumb stuff. But, nowadays, I've got a small sort of troop I work with. Two fighters like me, and then a Fae kid that got caught up in the whole business. He's training to be a proper healer, but I doubt he's gonna stick around once he can properly fend for himself. I don't blame him, it's not for everyone. Kid's determined though, and I suspect he's gonna be pretty well-off whenever he decides to leave." A chuckle escaped her. "I just hope it'll be him missing me, and not the other way around. If some kid retires before I do, I think I'm a Bringer-cursed lost cause."

Snakeroot took a drink before continuing. "The other fighters are Guardians too, and... Eh, I don't get caught up in their drama. Last thing I need is to be their counselor, you know? It's bad enough I already let Leech- oh, that's of them, she's an archer- drag me places like this." Another smile formed on her face, and she focused on Alegria a bit more intently. "Though, I can't really say that's worked out too terribly for me... there's some gorgeous company to be had here. Entertaining, too, and able to make one hell of a nice night here so far." With that she reclined back in her seat. "But, anyways, work's always pretty high energy, stressful for all the wrong reasons. I still like what I do, don't get me wrong, but it's nice to get to relax sometimes. Slow down... Whatever way the opportunity comes to me. Guess that's why I'm here."

Her claws rhythmically tapped against her flask for a moment. "What about you, though? Did you just- heh, did you just follow your assistant here, or did you come here for some other reason?"

41439186p.png
Lock nodded along to everything Oleander had said, and, upon sitting down, had just requested (iceless) water from a waiter. The calmer atmosphere had seemed to help him a little too, and he sort of stretched out on the larger seat here. "Aw, yeah, the posse. We're kinda different than a normal Mirror pack, more permanent. I've been with 'em, since... since... Uh, well, I don't recall bein' quite grown yet. I wasn't a hatchie, I think I was in sorta adolescence. I was a scrapper then, takin' old fabric an' reselling it. But when I joined... I think I got hit in the head? Made... Made my eye bad, if I recall correctly. I can see out of it, eyelid jus' sits funny..." He suddenly paused. "Sorry for bein' all... All nonchalant 'bout that. Thing's just normal out here, if you've wandered 'round the Wasteland you've probably been hit in the head once or twice. But, uh, I... I saw this Spiral, sorta briefly, an' when I woke up proper I was in a tent of sorts. I was in an alright way, she told me I'd been robbed but she killed the rat-bas-" He harshly coughed into his words. "-and I'd be fine. And then left. 'Course I was real confused, but soon on I met the leader of the posse, and she introduced herself, asked if I had any sort of anythin' to go back to... I ended up joinin' them, there wasn't really that many of us then. And I sort of just took on bein' a doctor cause... Uh... They... They didn't have a proper one, an'... she was, uh..."

His eyes seemed distant then, and stayed that way for a few moments before he harshly wiped them. "I... I wouldn't trade 'em for anything. They're my family, really... An' I like the lifestyle. Gettin' to travel around, meetin' all sorts of new dragons... Hard as it may be to believe, I really do like talkin'. Just not fantastic at it, I reckon..." Another cough. "A few in my posse's stayin' in the clan right now. Only some of us, though. I gotta head out once I decide to go, our... Our leader can't really stay inside, and I... I gotta... Huh. It just, uh... means I can't really stay inside, neither. But... Well, if it gets to that late, we could always just meet up somewhere another time. If you wouldn't mind, 'course. I feel like I ain't uh, my best right now, an' I'd be glad to help you out with your, uh, ruins-lookin'. Even if I ain't an expert, I reckon I've got connections or somethin' or other. Night's still young, though... Night's still young." He contemplated taking a sip, staring down at the water. "Your work's int-restin' to me, though. Scavengin's much preferred to preservation out here, typ-clly. Sure y'all've already known that, though. But, uh, guess I'm wonderin', is it fun? Or rather, just, uh... Why do you do it?"

@Shaydas
48860272p.png
If Lovelight's interest wasn't evident before, it is now. She's smiling (this bright, almost uncanny smile, all fangs and unattainable purity), laughing at any unexpected move that Luma makes, any shift that convinces the Guardian to change her movements.

For a moment, the live band's music beats louder, violently even, a sort of uproarious record-scratch interrupting their playing until the tempo suddenly slows, and they perform a new tune. Something one might dance slower too- despite the energy the beat still pulses into the tune. A few dragons on the dance floor stand awkwardly at the shift, but Lovelight ensures that Luma doesn't mind that. She slows her twisting, her spinning, and allows Lumalorn to do the same. Despite the natural bulk of her form, Lovelight almost moves closer in a serpentine way, her own shoulder against the Gaoler's, the countless gentle decorations she wears generating a slight static cling with the fur they now met or, if fate should have it, found themselves buried in. As Lovelight's voice escaped again, quiet as it was to account for the distance, one thing was overwhelming apparent; she spoke with a clarity of breath her dancing shouldn't have allowed. "You must have noticed by now I'm not a 'talker'- not like you, angel, not like you. Though words can be so very meaningful, can't they?" Another laugh, ringing and venomous. "Which reminds me, you must tell me when you're growing too tired. I've already said I don't mean for you to die tonight- it'd be a shame if we had all this fun and I forgot to let you go, hm? Wouldn't want your heart giving out now, not with how full it seems..."

Despite the sadistic sort of... Adoration, perhaps, in her tone, it seems to fade into something less sinister as she whispers again, her grin more subtle now. "And you've barely even introduced yourself yet. I'm all for blind adoration, but I am still capable of being a sentimental creature. So tell me, Lumalorn- just who is it that's already enraptured me?"
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
Quentin nodded. "Ah, yes. They are quite lovely. I quite enjoy the short ones. Unfortunately, I can't keep my attention focused on any of the longer one. Too much fancy world and disregard for grammar." He slowly shook his head while reaching for a pastry. "It's such a shame too. Some of my classmates are such talented poets and it pains me to not be able to appreciate their work properly."
Quentin nodded. "Ah, yes. They are quite lovely. I quite enjoy the short ones. Unfortunately, I can't keep my attention focused on any of the longer one. Too much fancy world and disregard for grammar." He slowly shook his head while reaching for a pastry. "It's such a shame too. Some of my classmates are such talented poets and it pains me to not be able to appreciate their work properly."
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54009973] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/540100/54009973p.png[/img] [/url] [b]"Chatty as I am, fair one, I am a firm believer that actions speak volumes more. But an angel, I fear I am not."[/b] A mischievous (perhaps even wolffish?) grin reaches her dark eyes. [b]"I shall not tire any time soon, I should think. Not as the night is still so young!"[/b] She [i]had[/i] completely forgotten amidst all the revelry to properly greet her partner! How very uncouth she must seem! But the Guardian might soon regret her request, as Luma truly [i]loved[/I] to talk about herself. [b]"Ah~, Shadowbinder take me, I hope thou can forgive my lapse in manners!"[/b] She croons with a feigned sheepishness, daring to rest a large wingpaw on Lovelight's shoulder. [b]"I am known far and wide throughout performance halls and taverns alike as Lumalorn the Lovely, the Silvertongue Siren, and perhaps an irreproachable flirt. Among modern breeds, I believe the term of my profession is 'bard'. If thou can pardon my boasting, I would wager that my harp and voice are unmatched in all of Sornieth. Aside from this, if thou would wish to know anything else specifically, thou need only inquire."[/b] Luma allows herself a brief prideful smirk, but a shadow of something else crosses her visage. [b]"I am quite curious about thee as well, as something tells me thou art a tome with many pages and even more secrets tucked between the lines..."[/b] She tilts her head with a thoughtful hum, still gently swaying.

54009973p.png

"Chatty as I am, fair one, I am a firm believer that actions speak volumes more. But an angel, I fear I am not." A mischievous (perhaps even wolffish?) grin reaches her dark eyes. "I shall not tire any time soon, I should think. Not as the night is still so young!"

She had completely forgotten amidst all the revelry to properly greet her partner! How very uncouth she must seem! But the Guardian might soon regret her request, as Luma truly loved to talk about herself. "Ah~, Shadowbinder take me, I hope thou can forgive my lapse in manners!" She croons with a feigned sheepishness, daring to rest a large wingpaw on Lovelight's shoulder.

"I am known far and wide throughout performance halls and taverns alike as Lumalorn the Lovely, the Silvertongue Siren, and perhaps an irreproachable flirt. Among modern breeds, I believe the term of my profession is 'bard'. If thou can pardon my boasting, I would wager that my harp and voice are unmatched in all of Sornieth. Aside from this, if thou would wish to know anything else specifically, thou need only inquire." Luma allows herself a brief prideful smirk, but a shadow of something else crosses her visage.

"I am quite curious about thee as well, as something tells me thou art a tome with many pages and even more secrets tucked between the lines..." She tilts her head with a thoughtful hum, still gently swaying.
GbFIqLF.gifUeeT9yF.png9QgprhF.gif
@Gulfstream [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/466070/46606984p.png[/img][/center] [center][i]Haemon thoughtfully scratched his chin.[/i] "I do suppose they're not for everyone. I prefer that sort of fancy, emotional style, really... I swear it's the sort of thing that could reduce me to tears, but-" [i]He chuckled.[/i] "-I think I'm just sensitive. But, anyways, what type of things do you prefer to read then? Or write, even? I've certainly done my fair share of songwriting, but I don't really know how closely that relates to the sort of things you might take interest in. I think I've just mostly written... Fluff, really, over the years..."[/center] ----- [center][emoji=heart size=1][emoji=rose size=1][emoji=heart size=1][/center] ----- @Shaydas [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/488603/48860272p.png[/img][/center] [center][i]Lovelight's voice betrays the smile still across her face.[/i] [font=fantasy]"A bard! Oh, I should have known. It's [i]always[/i] your type to be so complacent in my whims."[/font] [i]She seems to stifle a laugh then, wings contently accommodating for the wingpaw now resting on her shoulder.[/i] [font=fantasy]"And you call yourself a [i]siren[/i]! I've certainly shared that title on occasion, but I suspect our circumstances differ. Though I suppose the only way to truly know is if you let me go by the end of our encounter!"[/font] [i]She guides the Gaoler into a swift twirl, before settling back into their slower dance, softly laughing only to herself now, it seems.[/i] [font=fantasy]"You're correct in assuming you've only reached my surface- but you've only just encountered me, haven't you? Rarely does my type divulge such depth to those who've asked so little of us. And so, I can only say that I will only divulge what I see fit. I'll repay what you give."[/font] [font=fantasy]"Tell me, Luma, angel or kindred spirit, tease or liar- just why did you approach me? Either you're unaware, and simply saw a visage you admired; or you've come to ask for something more. And, now that you've gotten my attention, what exactly do you intend for me to do?"[/font] [i]Her face lights up, and that melodic bile returns to her voice, as she may just be singing again, her voice fading into her musings...[/i] [font=fantasy]"[i]What's the name of the game? Does it mean anything to you? What's the name of the game? Can you feel it the way I do...?[/i]"[/font][/center]
@Gulfstream
46606984p.png
Haemon thoughtfully scratched his chin. "I do suppose they're not for everyone. I prefer that sort of fancy, emotional style, really... I swear it's the sort of thing that could reduce me to tears, but-" He chuckled. "-I think I'm just sensitive. But, anyways, what type of things do you prefer to read then? Or write, even? I've certainly done my fair share of songwriting, but I don't really know how closely that relates to the sort of things you might take interest in. I think I've just mostly written... Fluff, really, over the years..."

@Shaydas
48860272p.png
Lovelight's voice betrays the smile still across her face. "A bard! Oh, I should have known. It's always your type to be so complacent in my whims." She seems to stifle a laugh then, wings contently accommodating for the wingpaw now resting on her shoulder. "And you call yourself a siren! I've certainly shared that title on occasion, but I suspect our circumstances differ. Though I suppose the only way to truly know is if you let me go by the end of our encounter!"

She guides the Gaoler into a swift twirl, before settling back into their slower dance, softly laughing only to herself now, it seems. "You're correct in assuming you've only reached my surface- but you've only just encountered me, haven't you? Rarely does my type divulge such depth to those who've asked so little of us. And so, I can only say that I will only divulge what I see fit. I'll repay what you give."

"Tell me, Luma, angel or kindred spirit, tease or liar- just why did you approach me? Either you're unaware, and simply saw a visage you admired; or you've come to ask for something more. And, now that you've gotten my attention, what exactly do you intend for me to do?"

Her face lights up, and that melodic bile returns to her voice, as she may just be singing again, her voice fading into her musings...

"What's the name of the game?
Does it mean anything to you?
What's the name of the game?
Can you feel it the way I do...?
"
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
Quentin thought for a second. "Well, adventure novels are nice. I like being able to live those battles and scale-raising perils without hiving to go outside. That might also be why I like history so much." He mused. "Besides adventure and history, I am partial to slice of life. There's something strangely comforting about reading people go through problems similar to your's."
Quentin thought for a second. "Well, adventure novels are nice. I like being able to live those battles and scale-raising perils without hiving to go outside. That might also be why I like history so much." He mused. "Besides adventure and history, I am partial to slice of life. There's something strangely comforting about reading people go through problems similar to your's."
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8