Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Interact] Singles' Night!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@Ttiuronohon [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/476023/47602254p.png[/img][/center] [center][i]Delta smiled right back, a certain air of confidence rising as the opportunity to discuss the sea surfaced. She stood up a bit straighter now, with her wings ever so slightly more poised.[/i] "Whalin's whale hunting. I work in the South, right between Fire and Ice territory. Fire likes the oil, and Ice likes the blubber, and both like the meat. Hell of a clean system, if you ask me. Right now the whales are up North, doin' whatever whales do up North, but once they're back I'll be sailing out to clean up some of those extra whales they've brought back with 'em." [i]Realizing how gruesome it all might seem, Delta allowed herself another brief moment of mental reprimanding.[/i] "I don't plan on doing that forever though, it's just... It's temporary, 's all. Eventually I'm just gonna go back to sailing for fun, maybe-" [i]She noted Bristga's interest, even if she couldn't quite place which type of markings warranted it.[/i] "-Maybe get another tattoo to celebrate." [i]She awkwardly paused for a moment.[/i] "Have you ever been to the Southern coasts? It's not really as uncomfortably hot or cold as you'd think... And the ice looks pretty gorgeous come nighttime..."[/center]
@Ttiuronohon
47602254p.png
Delta smiled right back, a certain air of confidence rising as the opportunity to discuss the sea surfaced. She stood up a bit straighter now, with her wings ever so slightly more poised. "Whalin's whale hunting. I work in the South, right between Fire and Ice territory. Fire likes the oil, and Ice likes the blubber, and both like the meat. Hell of a clean system, if you ask me. Right now the whales are up North, doin' whatever whales do up North, but once they're back I'll be sailing out to clean up some of those extra whales they've brought back with 'em." Realizing how gruesome it all might seem, Delta allowed herself another brief moment of mental reprimanding.
"I don't plan on doing that forever though, it's just... It's temporary, 's all. Eventually I'm just gonna go back to sailing for fun, maybe-" She noted Bristga's interest, even if she couldn't quite place which type of markings warranted it. "-Maybe get another tattoo to celebrate."
She awkwardly paused for a moment. "Have you ever been to the Southern coasts? It's not really as uncomfortably hot or cold as you'd think... And the ice looks pretty gorgeous come nighttime..."
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
@Eversnow [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54396163] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54396163&skin=0&apparel=11509,11204,10368,716,6527,11670,12267,18813,18821,7281,1104,7280,1098,3690,18781,492,4787&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][i]Even with the pelt obscuring his face, Úlfr's displeased expression is clear.[/i] "I'd rather not have any trouble here, actually. I'm not sure what Haemon's said about me, but trust me when I say I want no part in the 'activities' here." [i]He rests his arm on the hilt of his blade, though more nonchalantly than menacingly.[/i] "As long as you do... [i]'behave,'[/i] yourself I don't mind entertaining a chat, but if you're only here to antagonize me I suggest you move along."[/center]
@Eversnow
Even with the pelt obscuring his face, Úlfr's displeased expression is clear. "I'd rather not have any trouble here, actually. I'm not sure what Haemon's said about me, but trust me when I say I want no part in the 'activities' here." He rests his arm on the hilt of his blade, though more nonchalantly than menacingly. "As long as you do... 'behave,' yourself I don't mind entertaining a chat, but if you're only here to antagonize me I suggest you move along."
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
Bristga followed along, enraptured by the description of Delta's work. She wondered what it must be like to live on the move like that. She had, of course, read books and looked upon paintings of such different lands, but had had little opportunity to leave the Tangled Wood.

"I can only imagine how gorgeous the ice and waves must be in the light of moon and star; I unfortunately have not been to many places beyond my clan's holdings save for some combat training excursions," Bristga sighed. "My own work has kept me quite busy."

Bristga took a sip from her glass to more easily cover her unhappiness regarding the duty she had to her Family. Even her combat training, which she had enjoyed, was because a family head or heir needed to be capable of protecting herself and those who were her's.

"If you were to get another tattoo, what do you think it will be? I think my favorites of yours that I can see are the waves on your forelimb. The shape of them reminds me of the whorls in malachite." Bristga did not act on the urge to touch the tattoo, but it was a tempting thought. Maybe if she and Delta got to know each other better, the other dragon would let her examine her tattoos more closely; Bristga was no artist herself, but she appreciated art and was intrigued by the concept of one's own body being a canvas. Maybe she could even get a tattoo for herself?
Bristga followed along, enraptured by the description of Delta's work. She wondered what it must be like to live on the move like that. She had, of course, read books and looked upon paintings of such different lands, but had had little opportunity to leave the Tangled Wood.

"I can only imagine how gorgeous the ice and waves must be in the light of moon and star; I unfortunately have not been to many places beyond my clan's holdings save for some combat training excursions," Bristga sighed. "My own work has kept me quite busy."

Bristga took a sip from her glass to more easily cover her unhappiness regarding the duty she had to her Family. Even her combat training, which she had enjoyed, was because a family head or heir needed to be capable of protecting herself and those who were her's.

"If you were to get another tattoo, what do you think it will be? I think my favorites of yours that I can see are the waves on your forelimb. The shape of them reminds me of the whorls in malachite." Bristga did not act on the urge to touch the tattoo, but it was a tempting thought. Maybe if she and Delta got to know each other better, the other dragon would let her examine her tattoos more closely; Bristga was no artist herself, but she appreciated art and was intrigued by the concept of one's own body being a canvas. Maybe she could even get a tattoo for herself?
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52234442] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/522345/52234442_350.png[/img] [/url] "I'll try to be on my best behavior, but I'm not keen on making a promise I'm not sure I'll be able to keep." [i]Astor pauses, before adding,[/i] "Haemon has some incredibly soft claws. Anyway! I don't go [i]looking[/i] for trouble, really, it just seems to find me-- you'll have to trust me on that." [i]he grins, gesturing to Úlfr's blade with a tilt of his head[/i], "how about a sparring partner instead? I could use the practice."

52234442_350.png

"I'll try to be on my best behavior, but I'm not keen on making a promise I'm not sure I'll be able to keep."
Astor pauses, before adding,
"Haemon has some incredibly soft claws. Anyway! I don't go looking for trouble, really, it just seems to find me-- you'll have to trust me on that." he grins, gesturing to Úlfr's blade with a tilt of his head, "how about a sparring partner instead? I could use the practice."
Psst. Hey. Wanna buy some accents?
@Ttiuronohon [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/476023/47602254p.png[/img][/center] [center][i]Hearing Bristga speak further drew Delta's attention more than she'd have liked to admit. Her formality, her words- Delta wasn't any stranger to such proper speech (she was never taught to speak like a sailor, after all, those things just happened), but it'd been a while since she'd talked to someone it seemed to come so organically to. [/i] "Heh, thanks. I could see a few things, really... But I do think the next victim's gonna be my side, right under my ribs. Either a Spiney Whale, or my old ship... Maybe even both. I've already got my ship's name on my right wrist- it's covered, but it's there," [i]She chuckled.[/i] "I promise." [i]She fumbled with her right cuff a bit saying that, but kept her focus on the Imperial.[/i] "Now, you said you do combat? You could be a gal right after my own heart." [i]Something between another awkward chuckle and throat-clear escaped her.[/i] "What, uh- what do you do for work?"[/center]
@Ttiuronohon
47602254p.png
Hearing Bristga speak further drew Delta's attention more than she'd have liked to admit. Her formality, her words- Delta wasn't any stranger to such proper speech (she was never taught to speak like a sailor, after all, those things just happened), but it'd been a while since she'd talked to someone it seemed to come so organically to. "Heh, thanks. I could see a few things, really... But I do think the next victim's gonna be my side, right under my ribs. Either a Spiney Whale, or my old ship... Maybe even both. I've already got my ship's name on my right wrist- it's covered, but it's there," She chuckled. "I promise."
She fumbled with her right cuff a bit saying that, but kept her focus on the Imperial. "Now, you said you do combat? You could be a gal right after my own heart." Something between another awkward chuckle and throat-clear escaped her. "What, uh- what do you do for work?"
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
@Eversnow [center] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/543962/54396163p.png[/img][/center] [center][i]Úlfr seems skeptical, and quietly sighs (whether he was trying to hide it or not is unclear, but, if he was, he did a poor job of it).[/i] "I wouldn't be entirely opposed, but I [i]personally[/i] have sparring resources at my disposal already. Still, you've yet to be anything more than talk, so I've little reason to completely turn you away." [i]His eyes meet another guard's, currently watching from upstairs.[/i] "I could certainly spare a few minutes away from all this commotion."[/center]
@Eversnow
54396163p.png
Úlfr seems skeptical, and quietly sighs (whether he was trying to hide it or not is unclear, but, if he was, he did a poor job of it). "I wouldn't be entirely opposed, but I personally have sparring resources at my disposal already. Still, you've yet to be anything more than talk, so I've little reason to completely turn you away." His eyes meet another guard's, currently watching from upstairs. "I could certainly spare a few minutes away from all this commotion."
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
finally off mobile so I can get proper headshots instead of the dragon haha ;v; [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/522345/52234442p.png[/img] [i]Astor beams anyway, undeterred,[/i] "Fantastic!" [i]there's a moment of silence when he reaches for something on his belt, only to grasp at empty air. His brows furrow, half hidden beneath his hood,[/i] "Ah. I think I misplaced my rapier. " [i]Astor mutters a curse under his breath, fruitlessly searching the folds of his cloak before apparently giving up with a sigh.[/i] "Well. It shouldn't be too hard to find-- considering it glows."
finally off mobile so I can get proper headshots instead of the dragon haha ;v;

52234442p.png

Astor beams anyway, undeterred, "Fantastic!" there's a moment of silence when he reaches for something on his belt, only to grasp at empty air. His brows furrow, half hidden beneath his hood, "Ah. I think I misplaced my rapier. " Astor mutters a curse under his breath, fruitlessly searching the folds of his cloak before apparently giving up with a sigh. "Well. It shouldn't be too hard to find-- considering it glows."
Psst. Hey. Wanna buy some accents?
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49441299] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/494413/49441299_350.png[/img] [/url] Mariya smiled. "That makes sense," she said. "In fact, Chai – he does chocolates in my clan – says the same thing about learning our favorites." She shook her head at Myr's question. "Afraid not, this is the first time. My dad practically made me come. You see, he and my mom are very much in love – Uncle Bookkeeper and I agree that it's pretty gross how in love they are – and he wanted me to find someone of my own. Thought this would be a good place." Mariya shrugged. "Whether or not I find someone remains to be seen, but I'm definitely not opposed to it." Mariya inwardly winced. Was that too forward? Scrambling to cover her possible mistake, she quickly added, "So, uh, how often do you come to these?"

49441299_350.png

Mariya smiled. "That makes sense," she said. "In fact, Chai – he does chocolates in my clan – says the same thing about learning our favorites."

She shook her head at Myr's question. "Afraid not, this is the first time. My dad practically made me come. You see, he and my mom are very much in love – Uncle Bookkeeper and I agree that it's pretty gross how in love they are – and he wanted me to find someone of my own. Thought this would be a good place." Mariya shrugged. "Whether or not I find someone remains to be seen, but I'm definitely not opposed to it."

Mariya inwardly winced. Was that too forward?

Scrambling to cover her possible mistake, she quickly added, "So, uh, how often do you come to these?"
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
@Drakessis

((I may post later, I may not (the dragons I can think of who would accept an invitation to something like this may just not couple well with the ones you listed) but I have to say that this is very well put-together. It's an intriguing concept and the format and writing are easy to understand. Nicely done. :) I also like that it's not just romance, but that platonic relationships can be pursued, too. Considering this is a mixer, though, I wonder if people can interact with each other's dragons, too, or is it how things tend to go in threads like this where each interaction is handled independently, like in an alternate reality, so that things don't get too complicated?))
@Drakessis

((I may post later, I may not (the dragons I can think of who would accept an invitation to something like this may just not couple well with the ones you listed) but I have to say that this is very well put-together. It's an intriguing concept and the format and writing are easy to understand. Nicely done. :) I also like that it's not just romance, but that platonic relationships can be pursued, too. Considering this is a mixer, though, I wonder if people can interact with each other's dragons, too, or is it how things tend to go in threads like this where each interaction is handled independently, like in an alternate reality, so that things don't get too complicated?))
@Cryoluxa (Thank you so much!! I'm so happy that people like it [emoji=guardian laughing size=1]) (Each thread is separate, just for simplicity's sake. I think to have a proper "everyone can interact with everyone" thing going on I'd move to the proper RP forum. Which I think could be fun, but this is just easier and a little less stressful to curate and manage!)
@Cryoluxa (Thank you so much!! I'm so happy that people like it )
(Each thread is separate, just for simplicity's sake. I think to have a proper "everyone can interact with everyone" thing going on I'd move to the proper RP forum. Which I think could be fun, but this is just easier and a little less stressful to curate and manage!)
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!