Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Interact] Singles' Night!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@Gulfstream [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46606984] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/466070/46606984_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][i]Noticing his guest's uncertainty, Haemon broke away from the small group he'd infiltrated and made his way over. He assuredly smiled at the other Guardian, and gave a gentle bump with his wing to catch his attention.[/i] "Ah, hello, Quentin, was it? It's such a busy night, I've been worrying I wouldn't get a chance to speak with everyone! Tell me, are you enjoying yourself? Seen someone that struck your fancy? Or want me to keep an eye out for a certain type of someone?" [i]He chuckles.[/i] "Apologies for my rushing, I think I ought to cut down on the wine tonight. I just want to make sure everyone's doing alright."[/center] ----- [center][emoji=heart size=1][emoji=rose size=1][emoji=heart size=1][/center] ----- @myriadofstars [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/475929/47592879p.png[/img][/center] [center][i]Myr actually seemed to waver for a moment.[/i] "I think it's a bit odd, actually, but I'm just close to the owner of the Shoppe and his girlfriend. They're not my Charges, but they live there, so... I suppose that makes us all roommates. And me a 'third wheel.'" "...I won't lie when I say they've encouraged me to come here too. As has just about any other dragon who found out- I blame Haemon. But I do think I should be here to make the most of it too." [i]They paused.[/i] "It does get a bit boring though. I love the company I keep, but it's monotonous, not having all that much in terms of outside companions."[/center] ----- [center][emoji=heart size=1][emoji=rose size=1][emoji=heart size=1][/center] ----- @Aontacht [columns][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/466070/46606984p.png[/img][nextcol][i]Haemon takes a drink, and accordingly sort of swirls around his glass as he looks around the room.[/i] "Hm, well, I could see Ennui liking you, but something tells me she's not what you're looking for. Not what lots of dragons are looking for... But, but, especially not you. And Myristica- Myr- is more withdrawn, but perhaps too much for your taste." [i]He scrutinizes the room a bit further before lowering his voice.[/i] "My advice would just be to go with whatever feels right. You'd be surprised what kinds of things can happen in one night!"[/columns] (go after your dreams and chase after that guard guy if it's what your heart desires!! who cares that he's so married to his job...) (Also, I think that Astera might get along with [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49849992]Cascara[/url]? She's going to be on the list eventually, but I wouldn't mind using her early. A couple disclaimers are that she's undead (a mummy to be specific) and isn't open to anything long-term; however, aside from that, she's rather upbeat, and is still confident in herself and her potential. She used to be a sort of wannabe star (acting, modeling, doing cosmetics... she wasn't picky) and worked writing beauty sections in magazines before coming to the clan for a break after her... unfortunate fate. I think she'd be a fan of Astera! I'm looking forward to whoever Astera chooses to pursue though, I'm digging what I'm seeing so far!) ----- [center][emoji=heart size=1][emoji=rose size=1][emoji=heart size=1][/center] ----- @Shaydas [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48860272] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=48860272&skin=30577&apparel=30056,30054,20845,20844,30060,30061,6029,23019,20849,20848,30057,28783,28785,28787,10368&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][i]Hips still swaying, legs still stepping to the beat, and opposing shoulder still rolling, Lovelight doesn't hesitate to sharply lift the Gaoler's chin with her claw. The music might just be pounding louder in her mind now, though the tune falters and begins to shift into something new.[/i] "[font=fantasy]It takes far more than pretty speech to impress me, Lumalorn. And I am [i]not[/i] the dragoness to disappoint.[/font]" [i]A smile creeps onto her face as she grips Luma's jaw.[/i] "[font=fantasy]I'm afraid there's terrible stakes if you wish to impress me. But surely you wouldn't turn down a dance with me...[/font]" [i]She pulls the Gaoler forward, and the music keeps wavering. Her grip loosens, and her voice becomes quieter, softer, melodic even, and she might just be singing despite the sheer vitriol still in her throat.[/i] "[font=fantasy][i]Guess you'd be kind of flattered, but you're scared as well Something like a magic spell You hardly dare to think of what could happen- Where you'd be if you fell...[/i][/font]"[/center]
@Gulfstream
Noticing his guest's uncertainty, Haemon broke away from the small group he'd infiltrated and made his way over. He assuredly smiled at the other Guardian, and gave a gentle bump with his wing to catch his attention. "Ah, hello, Quentin, was it? It's such a busy night, I've been worrying I wouldn't get a chance to speak with everyone! Tell me, are you enjoying yourself? Seen someone that struck your fancy? Or want me to keep an eye out for a certain type of someone?" He chuckles. "Apologies for my rushing, I think I ought to cut down on the wine tonight. I just want to make sure everyone's doing alright."

@myriadofstars
47592879p.png
Myr actually seemed to waver for a moment. "I think it's a bit odd, actually, but I'm just close to the owner of the Shoppe and his girlfriend. They're not my Charges, but they live there, so... I suppose that makes us all roommates. And me a 'third wheel.'"
"...I won't lie when I say they've encouraged me to come here too. As has just about any other dragon who found out- I blame Haemon. But I do think I should be here to make the most of it too."
They paused. "It does get a bit boring though. I love the company I keep, but it's monotonous, not having all that much in terms of outside companions."

@Aontacht
46606984p.png Haemon takes a drink, and accordingly sort of swirls around his glass as he looks around the room. "Hm, well, I could see Ennui liking you, but something tells me she's not what you're looking for. Not what lots of dragons are looking for... But, but, especially not you. And Myristica- Myr- is more withdrawn, but perhaps too much for your taste."
He scrutinizes the room a bit further before lowering his voice. "My advice would just be to go with whatever feels right. You'd be surprised what kinds of things can happen in one night!"

(go after your dreams and chase after that guard guy if it's what your heart desires!! who cares that he's so married to his job...)
(Also, I think that Astera might get along with Cascara? She's going to be on the list eventually, but I wouldn't mind using her early. A couple disclaimers are that she's undead (a mummy to be specific) and isn't open to anything long-term; however, aside from that, she's rather upbeat, and is still confident in herself and her potential. She used to be a sort of wannabe star (acting, modeling, doing cosmetics... she wasn't picky) and worked writing beauty sections in magazines before coming to the clan for a break after her... unfortunate fate. I think she'd be a fan of Astera!
I'm looking forward to whoever Astera chooses to pursue though, I'm digging what I'm seeing so far!)

@Shaydas
Hips still swaying, legs still stepping to the beat, and opposing shoulder still rolling, Lovelight doesn't hesitate to sharply lift the Gaoler's chin with her claw. The music might just be pounding louder in her mind now, though the tune falters and begins to shift into something new. "It takes far more than pretty speech to impress me, Lumalorn. And I am not the dragoness to disappoint."

A smile creeps onto her face as she grips Luma's jaw. "I'm afraid there's terrible stakes if you wish to impress me. But surely you wouldn't turn down a dance with me..."

She pulls the Gaoler forward, and the music keeps wavering. Her grip loosens, and her voice becomes quieter, softer, melodic even, and she might just be singing despite the sheer vitriol still in her throat.

"Guess you'd be kind of flattered, but you're scared as well
Something like a magic spell
You hardly dare to think of what could happen-
Where you'd be if you fell...
"
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54440622] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/544407/54440622_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Astera took in a breath and let it out slowly. [i]'Just go for it, huh?'[/i] Astera mumbled under her breath. [i]'Well, here we go.'[/i] Giving a parting nod and a soft smile to the host, Astera broke away from him and made her way across the room to Ulfr before stopping somewhere between his front and his side. "Hello there." Astera greeted smoothly, her tail swishing casually behind her. Calming her beating heart, Astera scolded herself. [i]'I can do this. It's not like he bites.'[/i] "What're you up to over here? You don't seem like you're here for the party."

Astera took in a breath and let it out slowly. 'Just go for it, huh?' Astera mumbled under her breath. 'Well, here we go.' Giving a parting nod and a soft smile to the host, Astera broke away from him and made her way across the room to Ulfr before stopping somewhere between his front and his side.

"Hello there." Astera greeted smoothly, her tail swishing casually behind her. Calming her beating heart, Astera scolded herself. 'I can do this. It's not like he bites.'

"What're you up to over here? You don't seem like you're here for the party."
lore_shop_by_angeldragonisa-dch2oyt.png
The other dragon's sudden touch sent a shiver like lightning down Luma's spine, and she wondered briefly if she might be out of her depth. However, she managed to maintain her pleasant expression as Lovelight held her jaw and gaze hostage.

Willing to (partially) cut her losses with flattery, Luma instead took the opportunity to fully drink in the wild one's beauty, all jewel-tones and shimmering. "Ah, then perhaps thou wouldst enlighten me of these 'stakes', lovely drake? I cannot imagine anything in which thou art involved that would be terrible." Having recovered her stride, the comfortable grin returns in full force.

Lumalorn was so enraptured by her new acquaintance's fluid movements, she simply failed to notice as the great drake drew her ever closer. She doubted her ears as the music seemed to swell and distort. Had she misheard Lovelight as well? The being thought her scared? No, definitely not scared. Not her. "Fear? Is that what this feeling is, fairest drake? I believe I would liken it much more to excitement!"

"Indeed, I would dare not deny thee a dance, dear sparkling star!" She offers a hefty paw, a purr rumbling in her chest. "Given thy skill and fleetness of foot, I would wager thou would prefer to lead. So, lead the way, O Leaf on the crisp autumn breeze, that I might try to keep up!"
The other dragon's sudden touch sent a shiver like lightning down Luma's spine, and she wondered briefly if she might be out of her depth. However, she managed to maintain her pleasant expression as Lovelight held her jaw and gaze hostage.

Willing to (partially) cut her losses with flattery, Luma instead took the opportunity to fully drink in the wild one's beauty, all jewel-tones and shimmering. "Ah, then perhaps thou wouldst enlighten me of these 'stakes', lovely drake? I cannot imagine anything in which thou art involved that would be terrible." Having recovered her stride, the comfortable grin returns in full force.

Lumalorn was so enraptured by her new acquaintance's fluid movements, she simply failed to notice as the great drake drew her ever closer. She doubted her ears as the music seemed to swell and distort. Had she misheard Lovelight as well? The being thought her scared? No, definitely not scared. Not her. "Fear? Is that what this feeling is, fairest drake? I believe I would liken it much more to excitement!"

"Indeed, I would dare not deny thee a dance, dear sparkling star!" She offers a hefty paw, a purr rumbling in her chest. "Given thy skill and fleetness of foot, I would wager thou would prefer to lead. So, lead the way, O Leaf on the crisp autumn breeze, that I might try to keep up!"
GbFIqLF.gifUeeT9yF.png9QgprhF.gif
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49441299] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/494413/49441299_350.png[/img] [/url] Mariya smiled. "I understand about the monotony," she said. "My clan is fairly large, but interacting with the same dragons every day can get rather old, to be honest. It's nice to get out and meet new dragons. "And, well." She paused, unsure of what she was about to say, but decided to go for it. "You're pretty interesting, too! And I'm glad I got to meet you."[/center]

49441299_350.png

Mariya smiled. "I understand about the monotony," she said. "My clan is fairly large, but interacting with the same dragons every day can get rather old, to be honest. It's nice to get out and meet new dragons.

"And, well." She paused, unsure of what she was about to say, but decided to go for it. "You're pretty interesting, too! And I'm glad I got to meet you."
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
Quentin quickly looks up as the other guardian approaches. "Oh, well I'm just trying to work up the courage to go talk to people. I don't have my eyes on anyone right now. I'm really here for more of the social aspects than the romantic ones." He confesses. "What about you? Do you have your eyes on anyone?" He asks Haemon
Quentin quickly looks up as the other guardian approaches. "Oh, well I'm just trying to work up the courage to go talk to people. I don't have my eyes on anyone right now. I'm really here for more of the social aspects than the romantic ones." He confesses. "What about you? Do you have your eyes on anyone?" He asks Haemon
LyFc5Gi.png Gulfie pCXTX60.png
@Shadowhunter42 [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/442835/44283418p.png[/img][/center] [center][i]Dilo paused from reaching into his bag.[/i] "Oh, the oils are my side business, actually. My 'actual' job would be bugs. Raising them, selling them, all that. It's way more lucrative than the oils, and it's really what I prefer to do... The rest is sort of a byproduct. Like if I was a farmer selling dirt." [i]He fully removed his claws from his bag now as he shrugged.[/i] "How long have you been selling gems?"[/center] ----- [center][emoji=heart size=1][emoji=rose size=1][emoji=heart size=1][/center] ----- @Dragonfire546 [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44283418] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/442835/44283418_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][i]Dilo sort of looked over the Ridgeback before his frills perked up, and he offered a little bow in return.[/i] "Lovely indeed! And it is a pleasure to meet you too, Orion. My name is Dilo, though I'm sure my reputation precedes me." [i]Any other breed of dragon might have laughed or playfully smiled, but the Fae's frills just bounced a bit. Probably the same thing.[/i] "You certainly look like a dragon with taste. I can tell. What brings you here- besides the obvious, of course?"[/center] ----- [center][emoji=heart size=1][emoji=rose size=1][emoji=heart size=1][/center] ----- @SporkLord [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/414392/41439186p.png[/img][/center] [center][i]Whether Lock was still offput or not was difficult to discern, but his reaction hadn't seemed to change with Krova's unmasking. He just half-heartedly tipped his hat, though it seemed fairly genuine.[/i] "Name's Lock. Doctor... uh, adjacent." [i]He paused, scratching his neck.[/i] "I'd reckon we could be cut from the same sorts of cloth, though. Maybe. Dunno. They- they call me 'sawbones' back home, self-'splanatory, I'd think. I don't do much in the ways of, uh, healin' with'n magicks or anything. I... I can't even manage to do it... Too damn hard, givin' me migraines... I..." [i]He shook his head.[/i] "Festerin' momma, you don't wanna hear that though, do ya? You're lookin' right shaken already- no 'fence. I just ain't been through any proper trainin' or anythin' is all, so y'all can't quite call me a doctor. Not licensed or any-uh that. It's, uh-" [i]A violent cough erupted out of him, but he mindlessly went on talking.[/i] "-nice to make yer acquaintance, doctor."[/center] ----- [center][emoji=heart size=1][emoji=rose size=1][emoji=heart size=1][/center] ----- @LostVices [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/503448/50344797p.png[/img][/center] [center][i]Snakeroot's smile grew a bit wider, though her (perhaps intentional) intrigued jaw-rubbing masked it nicely.[/i] "I mean, I personally wouldn't endorse trying to get to any of those balconies or what-have-you, not with all the dragons just having a hell of a time getting 'close' out there. The sight itself's more suffocating than the party." [i]She jokingly rolled her eyes.[/i] "Soooo, if your alternative's just getting to know me, I guess I'd have to advise it. Besides, I've got a feeling you're fun company. How'd you feel about finding somewhere to sit, and getting some drinks or something?"[/center] ----- [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/414392/41439186p.png[/img][/center] [center][i]Lock periodically fidgetted with his claws, grasping and cracking and shaking them all the while. He didn't exactly seem to be losing attention, just already somewhat distant in the moment, despite his resilient shadow of a smile.[/i] "Travelin'... Travelin's fun. My posse does it. How we live an' all that. An'... Yeah, I guess you could call me a doctor. I think there's more fittin' terms though- surgeon, sawbones, uh... uh... somethin' else, I'm sure. I haven't quite gone to any sorts-a medical schools or anythin' like that, and I ain't a magic user like mosts of the proper plague docs we got out here." [i]He paused, and seemed to compose himself somewhat.[/i] "I kind of just taught m'self to do it all. Knew how to sew, just kinda did it to folks next... Read some books on the matter... Learn'd 'bout medications and all that. They ain't hard to get out here." [i]Another odd blink.[/i] "Easy to fake though, that's the... That's how they getcha. I guess they think real diseases an' injuries oughta jus' be treated with magic... But some of us ain't got that, you know? Don't know a darned thing about it... Can't make it make any makin' sense... Not now... An' it doesn't even [i]work[/i] half the time..." [i]He grabbed his forehead.[/i] "I-I'm sorry... I really ain't meanin' to scare ya off so fast, honest, and... all that ain't what you asked. Er... Was it? I... I am a sort of doctor. Sorta just picked it up over time." [i]Still clutching his head, he cleared his throat.[/i] "I... Hope you've been havin' fun out here, dunno how long you've been here in the Wasteland though. Ain't too bad, I'd think, but even the water out there ain't quite ambrosia. I'm sure you've been some right interestin' places, though, right?"[/center] (...oof that last bit's long. he's just... rambly sometimes. don't worry, he's probably alright. [s]and I'm kinda bad at trimming down dialogue[/s])
@Shadowhunter42
44283418p.png
Dilo paused from reaching into his bag. "Oh, the oils are my side business, actually. My 'actual' job would be bugs. Raising them, selling them, all that. It's way more lucrative than the oils, and it's really what I prefer to do... The rest is sort of a byproduct. Like if I was a farmer selling dirt." He fully removed his claws from his bag now as he shrugged. "How long have you been selling gems?"

@Dragonfire546
Dilo sort of looked over the Ridgeback before his frills perked up, and he offered a little bow in return. "Lovely indeed! And it is a pleasure to meet you too, Orion. My name is Dilo, though I'm sure my reputation precedes me." Any other breed of dragon might have laughed or playfully smiled, but the Fae's frills just bounced a bit. Probably the same thing. "You certainly look like a dragon with taste. I can tell. What brings you here- besides the obvious, of course?"

@SporkLord
41439186p.png
Whether Lock was still offput or not was difficult to discern, but his reaction hadn't seemed to change with Krova's unmasking. He just half-heartedly tipped his hat, though it seemed fairly genuine. "Name's Lock. Doctor... uh, adjacent." He paused, scratching his neck. "I'd reckon we could be cut from the same sorts of cloth, though. Maybe. Dunno. They- they call me 'sawbones' back home, self-'splanatory, I'd think. I don't do much in the ways of, uh, healin' with'n magicks or anything. I... I can't even manage to do it... Too damn hard, givin' me migraines... I..."

He shook his head. "Festerin' momma, you don't wanna hear that though, do ya? You're lookin' right shaken already- no 'fence. I just ain't been through any proper trainin' or anythin' is all, so y'all can't quite call me a doctor. Not licensed or any-uh that. It's, uh-" A violent cough erupted out of him, but he mindlessly went on talking. "-nice to make yer acquaintance, doctor."

@LostVices
50344797p.png
Snakeroot's smile grew a bit wider, though her (perhaps intentional) intrigued jaw-rubbing masked it nicely. "I mean, I personally wouldn't endorse trying to get to any of those balconies or what-have-you, not with all the dragons just having a hell of a time getting 'close' out there. The sight itself's more suffocating than the party." She jokingly rolled her eyes. "Soooo, if your alternative's just getting to know me, I guess I'd have to advise it. Besides, I've got a feeling you're fun company. How'd you feel about finding somewhere to sit, and getting some drinks or something?"

41439186p.png
Lock periodically fidgetted with his claws, grasping and cracking and shaking them all the while. He didn't exactly seem to be losing attention, just already somewhat distant in the moment, despite his resilient shadow of a smile. "Travelin'... Travelin's fun. My posse does it. How we live an' all that. An'... Yeah, I guess you could call me a doctor. I think there's more fittin' terms though- surgeon, sawbones, uh... uh... somethin' else, I'm sure. I haven't quite gone to any sorts-a medical schools or anythin' like that, and I ain't a magic user like mosts of the proper plague docs we got out here."
He paused, and seemed to compose himself somewhat. "I kind of just taught m'self to do it all. Knew how to sew, just kinda did it to folks next... Read some books on the matter... Learn'd 'bout medications and all that. They ain't hard to get out here." Another odd blink. "Easy to fake though, that's the... That's how they getcha. I guess they think real diseases an' injuries oughta jus' be treated with magic... But some of us ain't got that, you know? Don't know a darned thing about it... Can't make it make any makin' sense... Not now... An' it doesn't even work half the time..."
He grabbed his forehead. "I-I'm sorry... I really ain't meanin' to scare ya off so fast, honest, and... all that ain't what you asked. Er... Was it? I... I am a sort of doctor. Sorta just picked it up over time." Still clutching his head, he cleared his throat. "I... Hope you've been havin' fun out here, dunno how long you've been here in the Wasteland though. Ain't too bad, I'd think, but even the water out there ain't quite ambrosia. I'm sure you've been some right interestin' places, though, right?"

(...oof that last bit's long. he's just... rambly sometimes. don't worry, he's probably alright. and I'm kinda bad at trimming down dialogue)
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
[center]((I thought I'd replied, but didn't and meant to and then life came crashing through the door and once things were settling, my laptop decided it hated me for a while and refused to work at all.)) [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/106548/10654770p.png[/img] Krova's feathers bristled at what he was hearing. Nonsense. He seemed to become less nervous, more focused as he met Lock's gaze. "Just because you can't use magic doesn't mean you aren't a doctor. Magic isn't the be all end all of healing. I can't use magic. Don't even understand it. Wouldn't trust a mage with my health, frankly. I don't trust magic. Why trust something that doesn't make sense? Don't let anyone tell you you aren't capable, aren't a real doctor. Certification, formal training, doesn't matter. What matters is that you do your best and help other dragons." Krova huffed, leaning back and settling down a little. He was less on edge, but still wasn't totally comfortable. It was a matter of isolation. He rarely got to know new dragons, rarely left home. He wanted to be here, wanted to get out more, just needed time to adjust. He leaned against the table beside him, picking up the glass of wine he'd left there. "I taught myself everything I know, and you know what? It worked. I've saved many dragons, helped make my mom's Gembond manageable, built braces to support weak limbs, all kinds of things."[/center]
((I thought I'd replied, but didn't and meant to and then life came crashing through the door and once things were settling, my laptop decided it hated me for a while and refused to work at all.))

10654770p.png

Krova's feathers bristled at what he was hearing. Nonsense. He seemed to become less nervous, more focused as he met Lock's gaze. "Just because you can't use magic doesn't mean you aren't a doctor. Magic isn't the be all end all of healing. I can't use magic. Don't even understand it. Wouldn't trust a mage with my health, frankly. I don't trust magic. Why trust something that doesn't make sense? Don't let anyone tell you you aren't capable, aren't a real doctor. Certification, formal training, doesn't matter. What matters is that you do your best and help other dragons."

Krova huffed, leaning back and settling down a little. He was less on edge, but still wasn't totally comfortable. It was a matter of isolation. He rarely got to know new dragons, rarely left home. He wanted to be here, wanted to get out more, just needed time to adjust. He leaned against the table beside him, picking up the glass of wine he'd left there. "I taught myself everything I know, and you know what? It worked. I've saved many dragons, helped make my mom's Gembond manageable, built braces to support weak limbs, all kinds of things."
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
@pheelthemoment [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/466070/46606984p.png[/img][/center] [center][i]As they neared the door, Haemon seemed to momentarily debate actually leaving, but continued his joyous stride as he followed the Tundra.[/i] "Wind! Oh, wind, we've not got many wind dragons around here. They don't tend to [i]blow in[/i] often, I suppose!" [i]He laughed, almost embarrassed, but still clearly laughing a bit too hard at his own joke.[/i] "And I do believe you mean Dori's Kelliwic Shack- she doesn't stop by, she's already spoken for, the absolute [i]darling[/i]- but it's always so wonderful to support our local businesses, wouldn't you agree? I bought a guitar pick from her once! I couldn't tell you where in the world she found it, but I couldn't help but grab it while I was waiting for my plate..." [i]He caught himself, slowing down.[/i] "Apologies, my mind's just rushing at the very prospect of getting some time alone with you..." [i]A quick throat-clear escaped.[/i] "You said you wanted to see what the clan has to offer- I live right in the middle of the arts district, you know! We could always extend the night with a stroll around afterwards- not even the sunset can make art rest, after all!"[/center] (...unfortunately the arts area of my clan is a little underdeveloped WHOOPS... but it's still an option if you'd like to extend the scenario!!) (...also if you'd like we could move this to a 1x1 in the roleplay forums? just since they're leaving the party and cause this might go on a while longer than this thread is suited for, esp. if you opt for Haemon's exploring around option... if you want to do that just lmk and I'll start it up!) ----- [center][emoji=heart size=1][emoji=rose size=1][emoji=heart size=1][/center] ----- @Astera [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54396163] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54396163&skin=0&apparel=11509,11204,10368,716,6527,11670,12267,18813,18821,7281,1104,7280,1098,3690,18781,492,4787&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][i]Úlfr turned to face the Pearlcatcher with just about all the stoic silence and serious demeanor that could be expected from the head of guard, but seemed to soften a bit as he nodded in greeting.[/i] "You'd be right about that. I'm just here to make sure there's no trouble- between Haemon's lax guest list and open drinks, I'm not entirely optimistic about this party's... Integrity." [i]Even with that, he seemed to relax further as he continued.[/i] "Nothing's happened so far tonight, though. I presume you're doing alright?"[/center] ----- [center][emoji=heart size=1][emoji=rose size=1][emoji=heart size=1][/center] ----- @Shaydas [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/488603/48860272p.png[/img][/center] [center][i]The Gaoler's enthusiasm seems to bring what could only be described as, well, a lovelight to the Guardian's eyes. Her grip may stay on Luma's jaw, but it's clear some sort of odd fondness- mere intrigue, or perhaps something genuine- is present in the way her claws shift against the fur.[/i] "[font=fantasy]You're more than my average plaything, aren't you? I could nearly [i]pray[/i] that you aren't just one of the foolish sort. If you've got actual potential, I certainly wouldn't mind keeping a dragoness with your looks around.[/font]" [i]She laughs, a lilting, genuine sort of laugh, as her claw shifts to instead pull Luma's closer.[/i] "[font=fantasy]You'll live tonight, but be any less charming and I may just have to take that back! My proper 'stakes' can wait- you're [i]clearly[/i] willing to indulge me.[/font]" [i]Any distortions to the music fade, and Lovelight seems to bask in the tune the performers are playing- every beat, every breath, every shift. For a moment, she could have been stationary- but she's moving again just as quickly as anyone could have noticed. She's even closer to the Gaoler now, her scales brushing against fur and her body threatening to press right up against Luma's. Her tail guides (or perhaps forces) Luma's hind legs forward as the Guardian leads them both towards the center of the action. Her body sways and shakes again, before she breaks free from Luma's side, twisting and turning to the music, and dancing literal circles around the Gaoler, inviting her to join the orbit. Lovelight doesn't speak, but her eyes stay transfixed on her new dancing partner. Despite the liking she'd taken to her, she barely had a shred of patience for anyone who couldn't keep up...[/i][/center]
@pheelthemoment
46606984p.png
As they neared the door, Haemon seemed to momentarily debate actually leaving, but continued his joyous stride as he followed the Tundra. "Wind! Oh, wind, we've not got many wind dragons around here. They don't tend to blow in often, I suppose!" He laughed, almost embarrassed, but still clearly laughing a bit too hard at his own joke. "And I do believe you mean Dori's Kelliwic Shack- she doesn't stop by, she's already spoken for, the absolute darling- but it's always so wonderful to support our local businesses, wouldn't you agree? I bought a guitar pick from her once! I couldn't tell you where in the world she found it, but I couldn't help but grab it while I was waiting for my plate..."

He caught himself, slowing down. "Apologies, my mind's just rushing at the very prospect of getting some time alone with you..." A quick throat-clear escaped. "You said you wanted to see what the clan has to offer- I live right in the middle of the arts district, you know! We could always extend the night with a stroll around afterwards- not even the sunset can make art rest, after all!"

(...unfortunately the arts area of my clan is a little underdeveloped WHOOPS... but it's still an option if you'd like to extend the scenario!!)
(...also if you'd like we could move this to a 1x1 in the roleplay forums? just since they're leaving the party and cause this might go on a while longer than this thread is suited for, esp. if you opt for Haemon's exploring around option... if you want to do that just lmk and I'll start it up!)

@Astera
Úlfr turned to face the Pearlcatcher with just about all the stoic silence and serious demeanor that could be expected from the head of guard, but seemed to soften a bit as he nodded in greeting. "You'd be right about that. I'm just here to make sure there's no trouble- between Haemon's lax guest list and open drinks, I'm not entirely optimistic about this party's... Integrity." Even with that, he seemed to relax further as he continued. "Nothing's happened so far tonight, though. I presume you're doing alright?"

@Shaydas
48860272p.png
The Gaoler's enthusiasm seems to bring what could only be described as, well, a lovelight to the Guardian's eyes. Her grip may stay on Luma's jaw, but it's clear some sort of odd fondness- mere intrigue, or perhaps something genuine- is present in the way her claws shift against the fur. "You're more than my average plaything, aren't you? I could nearly pray that you aren't just one of the foolish sort. If you've got actual potential, I certainly wouldn't mind keeping a dragoness with your looks around." She laughs, a lilting, genuine sort of laugh, as her claw shifts to instead pull Luma's closer. "You'll live tonight, but be any less charming and I may just have to take that back! My proper 'stakes' can wait- you're clearly willing to indulge me."

Any distortions to the music fade, and Lovelight seems to bask in the tune the performers are playing- every beat, every breath, every shift. For a moment, she could have been stationary- but she's moving again just as quickly as anyone could have noticed. She's even closer to the Gaoler now, her scales brushing against fur and her body threatening to press right up against Luma's. Her tail guides (or perhaps forces) Luma's hind legs forward as the Guardian leads them both towards the center of the action. Her body sways and shakes again, before she breaks free from Luma's side, twisting and turning to the music, and dancing literal circles around the Gaoler, inviting her to join the orbit. Lovelight doesn't speak, but her eyes stay transfixed on her new dancing partner. Despite the liking she'd taken to her, she barely had a shred of patience for anyone who couldn't keep up...
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
@Drakessis [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44619244][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/446193/44619244p.png[/img][/url] Orion grinned, at the Fae's frill flick. He was aware that most Faes lacked the normal means of expression, but this didn't faze him. He was at a party! And here to have fun! At Dilo's compliment, Orion shifted his wings, chuckling happily. "I don't know! I guess I came here because I was curious - not for [i]'the obvious'[/i] as you said," He wiggled his claws as he said that. "I've never been to a party before, so... here for the experience?" He giggled again. "What do you do? Like, as a job. I'm an aspiring astrologist."
@Drakessis
44619244p.png Orion grinned, at the Fae's frill flick. He was aware that most Faes lacked the normal means of expression, but this didn't faze him. He was at a party! And here to have fun!

At Dilo's compliment, Orion shifted his wings, chuckling happily. "I don't know! I guess I came here because I was curious - not for 'the obvious' as you said," He wiggled his claws as he said that. "I've never been to a party before, so... here for the experience?" He giggled again.

"What do you do? Like, as a job. I'm an aspiring astrologist."
tumblr_o95tvaQl9V1tv56zio6_250.png
Loki - They/Them - FR Time 0+
Lore thread (WIP)
Dressing Service
Call of the Deep Lineage Project
oo nice! i kinda figured you were letting the thread taper off, but i'm glad to see it's not dead! [s]you [b]don't[/b] have to apologize for long writing after putting up with MY novels of text[/s] ---------------- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42149143] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/421492/42149143_350.png[/img] [/url] Alegria may not have seen her grin, but the ridgeback felt she certainly wasn't [i]bothering[/i] the other. Pressing claws to her forehead in a mock expression of scandal, she shifted towards the side of the hall to keep up the conversation without blocking the way for others. "My word! I hadn't thought of [i]that[/i]!" Her voice is quiet, but the laughing tone and gently crinkled eyes speak for themselves. "I'm certainly [i]grateful[/i] you stopped me then. Wouldn't want to interrupt anyone else." With Snakeroot's invitation, she turned towards the main room once more, tossing the reply over her shoulder. "You won't find any opposition from me there. I'd be delighted." While wading through the crowds with the guardian, she began to speak again. "I mainly work as an archaeologist, dabbling in anthropology on the side. A lot of the work is as boring as the reputation suggests, but I have a few good stories in me. Both about excavations [b]and[/b] my... [i]lovely colleagues[/i]." The last part is said with only a [i]little[/i] sarcasm. ----------------------- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52899849] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/528999/52899849_350.png[/img] [/url] Oleander looked a bit concerned, but not about Lock's words. "No, no, I understand." Mulling over his next few sentences, his claws tap out a slow tempo on the tile. "Or well-[i] I don't[/i]." "Magic is not commonly used by my order, especially the other elements. Other than ice I mean. I am no mage." He lets out a rumbling chuckle, before reaching up to push a few locks of his mane from his face. "Gaoler healers rely more on techniques like yours than the arcane arts. Not much regrowing or mending to be done with [i]ice[/i]." "As to your question, yes, it has been.. nice." A claw idly scratching at the back of his neck, he tries to parse down the past week down to a few sentences. Interesting ones, hopefully. "Despite closeness of the Tangled Woods, I had not came here before. Never seen rocks so much like ivory." Oleander seems a bit awed, even still. "I traveled here with my employer for the study of rock art in the rim's southern half. She said something else about trying contact with clans living among region's older ruins. May be here for while." His grin is tired, but fond. "Enough from me. I would be happy to hear more about the Wasteland from a native." At the way Lock is grabbing at his head, the concern from earlier bristles up subtly in his mane. "Perhaps after a drink or.. somewhere quieter? If you are not feeling well."
oo nice! i kinda figured you were letting the thread taper off, but i'm glad to see it's not dead! you don't have to apologize for long writing after putting up with MY novels of text

42149143_350.png

Alegria may not have seen her grin, but the ridgeback felt she certainly wasn't bothering the other.

Pressing claws to her forehead in a mock expression of scandal, she shifted towards the side of the hall to keep up the conversation without blocking the way for others.

"My word! I hadn't thought of that!" Her voice is quiet, but the laughing tone and gently crinkled eyes speak for themselves. "I'm certainly grateful you stopped me then. Wouldn't want to interrupt anyone else."

With Snakeroot's invitation, she turned towards the main room once more, tossing the reply over her shoulder. "You won't find any opposition from me there. I'd be delighted."

While wading through the crowds with the guardian, she began to speak again.

"I mainly work as an archaeologist, dabbling in anthropology on the side. A lot of the work is as boring as the reputation suggests, but I have a few good stories in me. Both about excavations and my... lovely colleagues."

The last part is said with only a little sarcasm.

52899849_350.png

Oleander looked a bit concerned, but not about Lock's words.

"No, no, I understand." Mulling over his next few sentences, his claws tap out a slow tempo on the tile. "Or well- I don't."

"Magic is not commonly used by my order, especially the other elements. Other than ice I mean. I am no mage." He lets out a rumbling chuckle, before reaching up to push a few locks of his mane from his face. "Gaoler healers rely more on techniques like yours than the arcane arts. Not much regrowing or mending to be done with ice."

"As to your question, yes, it has been.. nice." A claw idly scratching at the back of his neck, he tries to parse down the past week down to a few sentences. Interesting ones, hopefully.

"Despite closeness of the Tangled Woods, I had not came here before. Never seen rocks so much like ivory." Oleander seems a bit awed, even still. "I traveled here with my employer for the study of rock art in the rim's southern half. She said something else about trying contact with clans living among region's older ruins. May be here for while."

His grin is tired, but fond.

"Enough from me. I would be happy to hear more about the Wasteland from a native." At the way Lock is grabbing at his head, the concern from earlier bristles up subtly in his mane. "Perhaps after a drink or.. somewhere quieter? If you are not feeling well."
tumblr_inline_pi905v48pa1rhxln1_100.png - She/Her
- FR Time
- 20 y/o
- Wishlist
1EVlM.gif FsbHk.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8