Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | FL/GHT - Break Free, Take Flight
1 2 ... 72 73 74 75 76 ... 93 94
Ooh, this is spooky! I can't wait to see what comes next!
Ooh, this is spooky! I can't wait to see what comes next!
Yo the website looks GREAT on mobile, haven’t seen it on desktop yet, but I love it! So excited to have a dragon who is a part of this. It’s not [i]typical[/i] for my lore to have a mechanical character, but I’ve had a [i]ton[/i] of fun writing for her and a ton of fun reading about all the other FL/GHT dragons! Can’t believe it’s been a year! This has grown pretty big and it’s awesome! For the hell of it, I’ll share my girl again. She’s fancy cause of her 2-letter name, “YA,” which stands for “Yottabyte Array.” Formerly a Project asset, YA exists as a construct and not a dragon. Reprogrammed by the Innovators after a fight she had no place being deployed to battle in, she was deemed too great a risk to house at FL/GHT headquarters, and so was sent to a spot assumed to be too dangerous for Project to risk sending agents to (should they realize she had been salvaged)... all while being remotely monitored by FL/GHT. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28355520] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/283556/28355520_350.png[/img] [/url] Her lore is some of the most extensive I’ve written for FR to date, so honestly, thanks to FL/GHT for inspiring the heck outta me! Her story will continue, I hope, in the coming year. A bit of a bonus story for you cool FL/GHT folks - Priestess Guepinia using YA to identify the first Gaoler seen by my clan after the release of the ancients. [quote] [font=georgia][color=#000000][size=2] [b][i]IDENTIFICATION PROTOCOL INITIATED. SCANNING... SCANNING... SCANNING... TARGET ANALYSIS: UNKNOWN. TARGET SPECIES: UNKNOWN. TARGET INTENTIONS: UNKN--[/i][/b] The robotic speech was interrupted by a sharp curse and the sound of a gloved paw slamming onto finely crafted metal. "Unknown? Unknown? So much for the 'peak of Lightning technology,' you glitchy piece of... ugh." The female Skydancer fiddled around with various controls hidden amongst metallic faux-feathers on the Coatl-shaped construct, grumbling under her breath. Now was not the time to have the Yottabyte Array, better known as YA, messing up on her. [i][b]"TARGET ANALYSIS: UNKNOWN. TARGET SPECIES: UNKNOWN."[/b][/i] She continued to curse under her breath at the hunk of metal. From what she had been told, this creation, this [i]automaton[/i], should be constantly gathering information from a host of as-yet-undiscovered sources. The Skydancer didn't pretend to understand the first thing about the so-called ‘constructs’ built in the Shifting Expanse, but she was sure there should be nothing this particular one did not know. And now, now it was somehow failing to be able to identify a singular dragon. "That's it," she hissed, now jabbing at the chest of the stoic Coatl, "I was told to use you to assess the threat, and you continue to botch the job. I am done with you, I am done with Lightning tech, I am done with all of this! If you can't tell me what in the Wyrmwound is approaching our clan, I will go find out for myself. Yottabyte Array, Shut Down." This command seemingly worked. The Coatl-shaped golem appeared to almost fluff up, its 'feathers' revealing themselves to be intricately cut overlapping panels of metal, before settling into a sleek, and unassuming outer coat that one might all too easily believe was the Metallic gene, or perhaps Iridescent. The ‘eyes’ of the thing - mechanical lights that acted as status indicators - dimmed for a moment, and then went dark. "Oh, it [i]does[/i] listen," the bone-clad Skydancer muttered aloud, frustration obvious in her voice. She rolled her beady eyes before turning to face the same direction as the robot. "Can't even identify a Tundra when it's walking right towards us? I knew the Voice of the Storm should've taken this thing back to the Carrion Canyon where it belongs, but [i]nooo[/i], Lord Aseroe insisted..." [i]And maybe you should pluck your eyes out of your head and leave them to rot into the ground because they're 'glitching' as well? Is that it, Guepinia? Because unless you’re seeing things, that’s too big to be a—[/i] She shook her head, dismissing her own thoughts. The silhouette on the horizon was just another wandering Tundra, lost in the Abiding Boneyard like all the others before it. It had to be. To think anything else would be absurd... right? [/quote] Anyway, super looking forward to the future of FL/GHT! ^_^
Yo the website looks GREAT on mobile, haven’t seen it on desktop yet, but I love it! So excited to have a dragon who is a part of this. It’s not typical for my lore to have a mechanical character, but I’ve had a ton of fun writing for her and a ton of fun reading about all the other FL/GHT dragons!

Can’t believe it’s been a year! This has grown pretty big and it’s awesome!

For the hell of it, I’ll share my girl again. She’s fancy cause of her 2-letter name, “YA,” which stands for “Yottabyte Array.” Formerly a Project asset, YA exists as a construct and not a dragon. Reprogrammed by the Innovators after a fight she had no place being deployed to battle in, she was deemed too great a risk to house at FL/GHT headquarters, and so was sent to a spot assumed to be too dangerous for Project to risk sending agents to (should they realize she had been salvaged)... all while being remotely monitored by FL/GHT.

28355520_350.png

Her lore is some of the most extensive I’ve written for FR to date, so honestly, thanks to FL/GHT for inspiring the heck outta me! Her story will continue, I hope, in the coming year.

A bit of a bonus story for you cool FL/GHT folks - Priestess Guepinia using YA to identify the first Gaoler seen by my clan after the release of the ancients.
Quote:

IDENTIFICATION PROTOCOL INITIATED.
SCANNING... SCANNING... SCANNING...
TARGET ANALYSIS: UNKNOWN. TARGET SPECIES: UNKNOWN. TARGET INTENTIONS: UNKN--

The robotic speech was interrupted by a sharp curse and the sound of a gloved paw slamming onto finely crafted metal. "Unknown? Unknown? So much for the 'peak of Lightning technology,' you glitchy piece of... ugh." The female Skydancer fiddled around with various controls hidden amongst metallic faux-feathers on the Coatl-shaped construct, grumbling under her breath. Now was not the time to have the Yottabyte Array, better known as YA, messing up on her.

"TARGET ANALYSIS: UNKNOWN. TARGET SPECIES: UNKNOWN."

She continued to curse under her breath at the hunk of metal. From what she had been told, this creation, this automaton, should be constantly gathering information from a host of as-yet-undiscovered sources. The Skydancer didn't pretend to understand the first thing about the so-called ‘constructs’ built in the Shifting Expanse, but she was sure there should be nothing this particular one did not know. And now, now it was somehow failing to be able to identify a singular dragon. "That's it," she hissed, now jabbing at the chest of the stoic Coatl, "I was told to use you to assess the threat, and you continue to botch the job. I am done with you, I am done with Lightning tech, I am done with all of this! If you can't tell me what in the Wyrmwound is approaching our clan, I will go find out for myself. Yottabyte Array, Shut Down."

This command seemingly worked. The Coatl-shaped golem appeared to almost fluff up, its 'feathers' revealing themselves to be intricately cut overlapping panels of metal, before settling into a sleek, and unassuming outer coat that one might all too easily believe was the Metallic gene, or perhaps Iridescent. The ‘eyes’ of the thing - mechanical lights that acted as status indicators - dimmed for a moment, and then went dark. "Oh, it does listen," the bone-clad Skydancer muttered aloud, frustration obvious in her voice. She rolled her beady eyes before turning to face the same direction as the robot. "Can't even identify a Tundra when it's walking right towards us? I knew the Voice of the Storm should've taken this thing back to the Carrion Canyon where it belongs, but nooo, Lord Aseroe insisted..."

And maybe you should pluck your eyes out of your head and leave them to rot into the ground because they're 'glitching' as well? Is that it, Guepinia? Because unless you’re seeing things, that’s too big to be a— She shook her head, dismissing her own thoughts. The silhouette on the horizon was just another wandering Tundra, lost in the Abiding Boneyard like all the others before it. It had to be. To think anything else would be absurd... right?

Anyway, super looking forward to the future of FL/GHT! ^_^
Galaxy-Skull.png ~~ ZNNyeOb.pngyeet
She/Her/Hers || Plagueling/Arcanite
FR+3 || I'm forgetful, PM me if I left something unfinished!

004-002.png1538e856e41a13dba7976f5bd7ceb13ea32a79e2.gif cd29c9512a3694d23a652f31a199ebb9.png 1074515.png
bump
bump
bump
bump
[center]@rei711 HEY there! :D We already talked a lot about her, but here she is: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/49411603][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/494117/49411603_350.png[/img][/url] This is Kinath. She is now a member of FL/GHT, but before she was rescued she was used by project as data storage. Now she is part of the FL/GHT Innovation team, helping to create new stuff to fight Project. She is rather professional, and doesnt open up on an emotional level to many. She likes to collect seashells and crystals, and decorates her workplace with them. She also has a birdskull decorated with a few feathers, and an amber-trapped bird - if anything would happen to the latter, she would be devastated! There is a framed drawing of her dead mate Hoshi on her desk as well - he was deemed outdated by Project, and scrapped right away. In terms of technology, as she served as data storage she is very good at fast data transfer. Additionally, she can recall everything she has saved - in other words, anything she deems worth saving will never be forgotten! There is only on limiting factor to her, and that is disk space. Like a PC, when there is too much data on it it slows down. Without a regular "spring cleaning" of everything she saved, she would eventually overflow with data and be unable to function. There are ways to go around that tho: for one, she could go scavange and see if she finds more disks - altho implementing them would be a painful operation. another way is for her to upload her saved data onto a pc, and delete it from herself. that way she can temporarily view the files without wasing disk space. dowside would be a shut off pc. she is also able to view whats on the pc through WLAN, altho as soon as that or the pc is shut off, its gone from her mind too. Hope I didnt forget anything :D [/center]
@rei711 HEY there! :D We already talked a lot about her, but here she is:

49411603_350.png

This is Kinath. She is now a member of FL/GHT, but before she was rescued she was used by project as data storage. Now she is part of the FL/GHT Innovation team, helping to create new stuff to fight Project.
She is rather professional, and doesnt open up on an emotional level to many. She likes to collect seashells and crystals, and decorates her workplace with them. She also has a birdskull decorated with a few feathers, and an amber-trapped bird - if anything would happen to the latter, she would be devastated!

There is a framed drawing of her dead mate Hoshi on her desk as well - he was deemed outdated by Project, and scrapped right away.

In terms of technology, as she served as data storage she is very good at fast data transfer. Additionally, she can recall everything she has saved - in other words, anything she deems worth saving will never be forgotten! There is only on limiting factor to her, and that is disk space. Like a PC, when there is too much data on it it slows down. Without a regular "spring cleaning" of everything she saved, she would eventually overflow with data and be unable to function.

There are ways to go around that tho: for one, she could go scavange and see if she finds more disks - altho implementing them would be a painful operation. another way is for her to upload her saved data onto a pc, and delete it from herself. that way she can temporarily view the files without wasing disk space. dowside would be a shut off pc. she is also able to view whats on the pc through WLAN, altho as soon as that or the pc is shut off, its gone from her mind too.

Hope I didnt forget anything :D
katiguracom1-CROP.png
@rei711 [center]I have this boi [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61267362][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/612674/61267362_350.png[/img][/url] Name: Voltage FL/GHT faction: Rescue Background: [size=4][i]making this small because it's a lot[/i][/size] [size=3][...] [...] [SYSTEM_ATKDRN_VO7TAG3] [...SUCCESSFULY BOOTED] [COMMENCE SYSTEM FLUSH] A sudden bolt of electricity ran through his body. The sudden shock of it forced him to expel any contents within his throat. With his body suddenly lurching forward, a vibrant blue liquid splattered onto the metallic floor below him. The remaining foul smelling chemicals leaked from his mouth. He couldn't think his head felt like lightning was trapped within the metal that was his skull. He tried to move his head hopeing it would reduce the pain, only for him to be locked in place by a large amount of wires attached to his body. Luckily for him it eventually ebbed away enough for him to open his eyes. He tried to take in any visual stimulus but only for his systems to fail on him, As he only sees darkness around him. [...OPTICAL PROCESSING OFFLINE] The lone scientist within the room grumbled. "seriously! Again?!" His claws raced to type up a new code to try an fix what was happening. He soon came to a stop before pressing a final button next to him. His ears seemed to be working just fine, as he could hear the scientists disgruntled murmuring. Suddenly the wires attached to VO7TAG3 glow with a vibrant blue light. His jaw and eyes clamped shut as it reached his body. His mind once again raced with electricity causing him to try and cry out in pain, but that was only in vain as his jaw refused to budge. His veins burned with electricity more then he could handle. His body forced to stay still because of the wiring, otherwise he would have been thrashing violently. [...FILE 18371 SUCCESSFULLY TRANSFERRED] His eyes snapped opened once again. Only for him to clamp them shut because of the harsh lights in the room. After a minute he tried again opening them slowly this time. His eyes focused and unfocused several times. His eyes scanned the room warily before locking onto the lone scientist in the room. The scientist smiles at his success launching to his feet. He ran over to VO7TAG3 with excitement in his eyes. He slid to a stop in front of the hanging, wirey mess that was VO7TAG3. "Voltage are your systems operational?" "Affirmative" He shot a fist into the air "YES!". He then ran back over to his chair sitting in it and, hastily typing something in. Suddenly the wires keeping voltage suspended dropped him. His systems fired as he let out a small yelp as his heavy body landed on the floor. He was lucky enough to land on his feet, but quickly adjusted his stance so he didn't just fall face first. He looked over at the scientist before looking back at himself. He was a polished bronze color with radiant blue lighting. The lights ran down the sides of his body keeping it illuminated. His circuits glow with a furious blue energy before fading into a shimmering maroon. Suddenly the door to the room slid open as another scientist walked in. She looks over at the one sitting in the chair with an exasperated expression "Jace you were supposed to be off work hours ago" His head flicks back to the door looking over the other scientist "I know I know but I finally got it to boot up!". His voice just screams that he is excited as he looks back to Voltage. She looks towards Voltage with a wary expression before walking over to him. "Voltage are all of your systems online?" She seems to doubt that he is actually functioning properly. "Affirmative" She looks at him surprised before looking to Jace. "you actually got him online didn't you? What did you do to make him function?" She walks over putting the few documents that she was holding down. She takes the mouse from Jace looking through several files. They talk to quickly for Voltage to understand as he just looks around the room. Other then the chemicals that he had thrown up the room was spotless. He continues to take in everything he can before finally settling on just watching the two scientists interact, as it seems they know each other well. "So now that he is working Beck do we take him over to the testing chambers?" "Yes we do" she looks back over to voltage for a second seemingly analyzing him. She then decided to walk over standing in front of the smaller android. "Voltage follow me" He nods before taking a step forward. He already knew that he was supposed to obey no matter what. She turned around swiftly before walking out the door with Voltage following at a fast pace. She soon stopped in front of a large metal door. She put her hand against a small glowing blue plate next to the door. Taking a step back as it slid open before her eyes met Voltage's. "Walk in then activate program ATKDRN" He nods before walking into the dark room. He looks through the small set of files he had before activating the said program. He could feel all of his systems rev up to full capacity. His body glows with a bright blue now illuminating the darkened room. He could make out a figure in the corner, his eyes focusing on it. The figure suddenly turned and launched itself at him. He took a quick jump to the side dodging the attack. He could see a dummy of what seemed to be a small skydancer. He had little time to see what it was exactly before it quickly slid toward him again. This time he decided to act. Now jumping over it. Landing on its back quickly dispatching it with a bite to the back of the head. He jumped off of the dummy as it fell to the floor, but without anytime to react another one came towards him. He soon learned that this testing would never stop till he succeeded in every way possible. For weeks even months on end he was forced to fight with only little time to recharge in between fights. He was now up against a highly skilled program in the body of an imperial. He was able to make a few successful attacks, but not without being swept away by an attack from the imperial. He decided to make a risky move by going for its arm. He soon realized his mistake as the large imperial stomped down onto him. There was a sticking squeal of metal bending underneath its large weight. Voltage screamed out as his arm was now crushed and unable to function. The lights flickered on as the imperial soon went limp. Voltage took an unstable step back dragging his crushed arm out. It was now a mess of wires and bent metal. A searing pain was constantly shooting up his body. His programming practically yelled at him to get repaired, but he couldn't move. The few scientists flooded the room to look at the damage voltage had sustained. One mumbles curses under his breath as he looks at the broken wiring. He stands back up gesturing, before two other scientists moved voltage to a small moving platform. Voltage was practically paralyzed by the pain coursing through his circuits. He didn't even realize when he was soon hooked up to a multitude of wires. Now suspending him in the air once again. His vision was blurred as he passed in and out of consciousness. The scientists turning him off and back on several times over the week? He heard bits and pieces of what was said during his short times being switched partially back on "external power source?" or "new weaponry?". His mind couldn't process what they were saying anyway. But finally a few days later. [...] [...] [...SYSTEM REBOOTING] [...LAUNCHING SYSTEM_ATKDRN_VO7TAG3] His eyes opened to what seemed to be a entirely different room than what he had been in before. It was larger and now held a large metal table in the middle. His body felt different as if something... new was added. He tried to move only to be still locked in place by the wires holding him. He could feel what almost seemed like another pair of wings attached to his body. He pulled up his arms just enough so he could see. They looked completely different to him almost alien in nature. Instead of his sleek bronze it was entirely replaced with a smooth silver. There seemed to be clear passageways built into his arms. But he lacked the knowledge for what they were. He was able to crain his head to the side getting a glimpse of the two original scientists working on him. "But Beck are we sure it will be able to handle the energy?" "Yes I'm sure it will he able to we just have to activate the coat to regulate it" He seems a bit wary but pressed a button. the code activating and sending itself over to Voltage. The wires once again light up with a blue glow, but its stronger this time. His jaw clamped shut as his head jerked back. All of his mechanical veins filled with a scorching electrical power. He could see his arms light up. The clear passageways now glowing with blue energy, occasionally arking into a different passageway. After several minutes of pure agonizing pain it slowly ebbed to a stop. His jaw finally unlocks as he gasps for breath to cool down his burning insides. Suddenly he is once again released from his wire prison. This time his body seems to act faster then it ever had before. He lands on his feet taking a few calculated steps to balance his body. He took his chance to see what they had done to him. He opened his wing as another metal blade opened with it. The blade was long and serrated. The ends occasionally having an electrical power arking to another passageway. He stretched them forward acting almost like mantis claws. It closed with his own wing tucking unseen under it. He looks to his chest and he can now see he is wearing a strange coat. It seems almost steampunk in nature, as it has several wires running across it. The wires connect to his body seemingly keeping his power output in check. He could see that several of the wires led to clear containers. All of them keeping a large amount of energy within them. But he didn't have much time to study the new things they had attached to him. As Beck soon walked over to him "Voltage are your systems working." "Affirmative" She nods mumbling out a "good" before gesturing for him to follow her once again. He had to hide his grimace as he knew he was going to be thrown right back into their rigorous testing. But he followed obediently not showing any signs of his dismay. For he knew what would happen if he did so... scraping. He is led right back into the large room he had been fighting in before. He could already see the large imperial dummy still shut down in the corner of the room. Soon the lights flickered off as the imperial roze from the ground. Sending sparks as its claws raked against the floor. Its eyes locked onto voltage. With a mechanical roar it lurches forward. It's massive paw on direct trajectory to hit Voltage. He dodged to the side before pinning down the paw with his new appendage. Lightning seems to surge through the mechanical beast as its body shutters. It's body falling backwards landing with a loud thud. It's eyes flickered out sending sparks from the sockets. The loud crash made Voltage jump back expecting the thing to just rize again. He waited just watching the thing for what seemed to he hours. Soon the doors behind him slid open as the two scientists walked back in. Beck gestures for him to follow. He does so obediently as the two scientists look to each other both having a wide grin on their face. "We can finally put him on outside patrol!" "Calm down Jace we still need to give it the programming to even be able to do that." She looks at him with suppressed excitement. He scoffed but nods his head slightly "yes I do suppose that we have to give him the proper programming first." She nods at him before pressing her hand on a small plate beside a door. The door beeped unlocked as it slid open. It reveling the same room Voltage had been in several times before. He suppresses a sigh knowing the program transfer would hurt him once again, but it wasn't like he hadn't felt it many times before. They lead him to the wires as it picks him back up off the ground. He tried not to groan as the wiring lit his skin up with a harsh tingling sensation as they reconnected to his body. Jace looks over the machines files before finding the one he needed, only for him not to have the permission to use it. He let's out an agitated sigh "Beck we don't have permission to use the file yet.." "What?" She walks over looking at the screen with a sigh. "Well we will have to get it tomorrow because it's to late for us to ask for it today" Jace grumbles turning of the computer. He stands up walking over to the door. He opened it once again before walking out. He was followed closely behind by beck. She looks back for a second at Voltage almost with a glare as the door slid to a close. He sighs once they leave wriggling slightly in the wires. They clang together above him sending a small amount of sparks raining down onto him. He looks up as much as he could seeing a partially broken wire above him. "Just if I could reach that" he thinks but he looks down knowing he won't be able to. He closed his eyes planning to just wait till morning. A few hours later he can hear something quietly moving through the vents in front of him. "I think someone is in here" the male voice whispers "You sure? It could be risky to go up" a different female voice whispers. "Yes I'm sure" The female sighs slightly before pushing the vent up and to the side. She pokes her head out before eyeing Voltage. She soon clambered out of the vent walking up to Voltage. Voltage is startled by their sudden appearance, before quickly analyzing her body. She looked so similar to him. Her body was metallic and covered in vibrant circuitry. "Who are you? I don't recognize you from my database!" He asks bewildered. "We are here to help you, and get you out of here" "W- what!?" She didn't answer his question for she was already working at the wires holding him. Within a few quick seconds she released enough of them for Voltage to fall to his feet. "Ok you need to follow us quickly" He nods still questioning in his head what was happening. He followed them soon hopping down into the vent. He looked around at the metal walls of the vent, but before he knew it he was looking outside. He looks up and to his freedom, as both of the voices echoed. "Welcome to FL/GHT"[/size] [center]
@rei711
I have this boi
61267362_350.png
Name: Voltage
FL/GHT faction: Rescue
Background: making this small because it's a lot
[...]
[...]
[SYSTEM_ATKDRN_VO7TAG3]
[...SUCCESSFULY BOOTED]
[COMMENCE SYSTEM FLUSH]

A sudden bolt of electricity ran through his body. The sudden shock of it forced him to expel any contents within his throat. With his body suddenly lurching forward, a vibrant blue liquid splattered onto the metallic floor below him. The remaining foul smelling chemicals leaked from his mouth. He couldn't think his head felt like lightning was trapped within the metal that was his skull. He tried to move his head hopeing it would reduce the pain, only for him to be locked in place by a large amount of wires attached to his body. Luckily for him it eventually ebbed away enough for him to open his eyes. He tried to take in any visual stimulus but only for his systems to fail on him, As he only sees darkness around him.

[...OPTICAL PROCESSING OFFLINE]

The lone scientist within the room grumbled. "seriously! Again?!" His claws raced to type up a new code to try an fix what was happening. He soon came to a stop before pressing a final button next to him.

His ears seemed to be working just fine, as he could hear the scientists disgruntled murmuring. Suddenly the wires attached to VO7TAG3 glow with a vibrant blue light. His jaw and eyes clamped shut as it reached his body. His mind once again raced with electricity causing him to try and cry out in pain, but that was only in vain as his jaw refused to budge. His veins burned with electricity more then he could handle. His body forced to stay still because of the wiring, otherwise he would have been thrashing violently.

[...FILE 18371 SUCCESSFULLY TRANSFERRED]

His eyes snapped opened once again. Only for him to clamp them shut because of the harsh lights in the room. After a minute he tried again opening them slowly this time. His eyes focused and unfocused several times. His eyes scanned the room warily before locking onto the lone scientist in the room.

The scientist smiles at his success launching to his feet. He ran over to VO7TAG3 with excitement in his eyes. He slid to a stop in front of the hanging, wirey mess that was VO7TAG3. "Voltage are your systems operational?"

"Affirmative"

He shot a fist into the air "YES!". He then ran back over to his chair sitting in it and, hastily typing something in.

Suddenly the wires keeping voltage suspended dropped him. His systems fired as he let out a small yelp as his heavy body landed on the floor. He was lucky enough to land on his feet, but quickly adjusted his stance so he didn't just fall face first. He looked over at the scientist before looking back at himself. He was a polished bronze color with radiant blue lighting. The lights ran down the sides of his body keeping it illuminated. His circuits glow with a furious blue energy before fading into a shimmering maroon.

Suddenly the door to the room slid open as another scientist walked in. She looks over at the one sitting in the chair with an exasperated expression "Jace you were supposed to be off work hours ago"

His head flicks back to the door looking over the other scientist "I know I know but I finally got it to boot up!". His voice just screams that he is excited as he looks back to Voltage.

She looks towards Voltage with a wary expression before walking over to him. "Voltage are all of your systems online?" She seems to doubt that he is actually functioning properly.

"Affirmative"

She looks at him surprised before looking to Jace. "you actually got him online didn't you? What did you do to make him function?" She walks over putting the few documents that she was holding down. She takes the mouse from Jace looking through several files.

They talk to quickly for Voltage to understand as he just looks around the room. Other then the chemicals that he had thrown up the room was spotless. He continues to take in everything he can before finally settling on just watching the two scientists interact, as it seems they know each other well.

"So now that he is working Beck do we take him over to the testing chambers?"

"Yes we do" she looks back over to voltage for a second seemingly analyzing him. She then decided to walk over standing in front of the smaller android. "Voltage follow me"

He nods before taking a step forward. He already knew that he was supposed to obey no matter what.

She turned around swiftly before walking out the door with Voltage following at a fast pace. She soon stopped in front of a large metal door. She put her hand against a small glowing blue plate next to the door. Taking a step back as it slid open before her eyes met Voltage's. "Walk in then activate program ATKDRN"

He nods before walking into the dark room. He looks through the small set of files he had before activating the said program. He could feel all of his systems rev up to full capacity. His body glows with a bright blue now illuminating the darkened room. He could make out a figure in the corner, his eyes focusing on it. The figure suddenly turned and launched itself at him. He took a quick jump to the side dodging the attack. He could see a dummy of what seemed to be a small skydancer. He had little time to see what it was exactly before it quickly slid toward him again. This time he decided to act. Now jumping over it. Landing on its back quickly dispatching it with a bite to the back of the head. He jumped off of the dummy as it fell to the floor, but without anytime to react another one came towards him. He soon learned that this testing would never stop till he succeeded in every way possible.

For weeks even months on end he was forced to fight with only little time to recharge in between fights. He was now up against a highly skilled program in the body of an imperial. He was able to make a few successful attacks, but not without being swept away by an attack from the imperial. He decided to make a risky move by going for its arm. He soon realized his mistake as the large imperial stomped down onto him. There was a sticking squeal of metal bending underneath its large weight. Voltage screamed out as his arm was now crushed and unable to function. The lights flickered on as the imperial soon went limp. Voltage took an unstable step back dragging his crushed arm out. It was now a mess of wires and bent metal. A searing pain was constantly shooting up his body. His programming practically yelled at him to get repaired, but he couldn't move.

The few scientists flooded the room to look at the damage voltage had sustained. One mumbles curses under his breath as he looks at the broken wiring. He stands back up gesturing, before two other scientists moved voltage to a small moving platform.

Voltage was practically paralyzed by the pain coursing through his circuits. He didn't even realize when he was soon hooked up to a multitude of wires. Now suspending him in the air once again. His vision was blurred as he passed in and out of consciousness. The scientists turning him off and back on several times over the week? He heard bits and pieces of what was said during his short times being switched partially back on "external power source?" or "new weaponry?". His mind couldn't process what they were saying anyway.

But finally a few days later.

[...]
[...]
[...SYSTEM REBOOTING]
[...LAUNCHING SYSTEM_ATKDRN_VO7TAG3]

His eyes opened to what seemed to be a entirely different room than what he had been in before. It was larger and now held a large metal table in the middle. His body felt different as if something... new was added. He tried to move only to be still locked in place by the wires holding him. He could feel what almost seemed like another pair of wings attached to his body. He pulled up his arms just enough so he could see. They looked completely different to him almost alien in nature. Instead of his sleek bronze it was entirely replaced with a smooth silver. There seemed to be clear passageways built into his arms. But he lacked the knowledge for what they were. He was able to crain his head to the side getting a glimpse of the two original scientists working on him.

"But Beck are we sure it will be able to handle the energy?"

"Yes I'm sure it will he able to we just have to activate the coat to regulate it"

He seems a bit wary but pressed a button. the code activating and sending itself over to Voltage.

The wires once again light up with a blue glow, but its stronger this time. His jaw clamped shut as his head jerked back. All of his mechanical veins filled with a scorching electrical power. He could see his arms light up. The clear passageways now glowing with blue energy, occasionally arking into a different passageway. After several minutes of pure agonizing pain it slowly ebbed to a stop. His jaw finally unlocks as he gasps for breath to cool down his burning insides. Suddenly he is once again released from his wire prison. This time his body seems to act faster then it ever had before. He lands on his feet taking a few calculated steps to balance his body. He took his chance to see what they had done to him. He opened his wing as another metal blade opened with it. The blade was long and serrated. The ends occasionally having an electrical power arking to another passageway. He stretched them forward acting almost like mantis claws. It closed with his own wing tucking unseen under it. He looks to his chest and he can now see he is wearing a strange coat. It seems almost steampunk in nature, as it has several wires running across it. The wires connect to his body seemingly keeping his power output in check. He could see that several of the wires led to clear containers. All of them keeping a large amount of energy within them. But he didn't have much time to study the new things they had attached to him. As Beck soon walked over to him

"Voltage are your systems working."

"Affirmative"

She nods mumbling out a "good" before gesturing for him to follow her once again.

He had to hide his grimace as he knew he was going to be thrown right back into their rigorous testing. But he followed obediently not showing any signs of his dismay. For he knew what would happen if he did so... scraping. He is led right back into the large room he had been fighting in before. He could already see the large imperial dummy still shut down in the corner of the room. Soon the lights flickered off as the imperial roze from the ground. Sending sparks as its claws raked against the floor. Its eyes locked onto voltage. With a mechanical roar it lurches forward. It's massive paw on direct trajectory to hit Voltage. He dodged to the side before pinning down the paw with his new appendage. Lightning seems to surge through the mechanical beast as its body shutters. It's body falling backwards landing with a loud thud. It's eyes flickered out sending sparks from the sockets. The loud crash made Voltage jump back expecting the thing to just rize again. He waited just watching the thing for what seemed to he hours. Soon the doors behind him slid open as the two scientists walked back in. Beck gestures for him to follow. He does so obediently as the two scientists look to each other both having a wide grin on their face.

"We can finally put him on outside patrol!"

"Calm down Jace we still need to give it the programming to even be able to do that." She looks at him with suppressed excitement.

He scoffed but nods his head slightly "yes I do suppose that we have to give him the proper programming first."

She nods at him before pressing her hand on a small plate beside a door. The door beeped unlocked as it slid open. It reveling the same room Voltage had been in several times before. He suppresses a sigh knowing the program transfer would hurt him once again, but it wasn't like he hadn't felt it many times before. They lead him to the wires as it picks him back up off the ground. He tried not to groan as the wiring lit his skin up with a harsh tingling sensation as they reconnected to his body.

Jace looks over the machines files before finding the one he needed, only for him not to have the permission to use it. He let's out an agitated sigh "Beck we don't have permission to use the file yet.."

"What?" She walks over looking at the screen with a sigh. "Well we will have to get it tomorrow because it's to late for us to ask for it today"

Jace grumbles turning of the computer. He stands up walking over to the door. He opened it once again before walking out. He was followed closely behind by beck. She looks back for a second at Voltage almost with a glare as the door slid to a close.

He sighs once they leave wriggling slightly in the wires. They clang together above him sending a small amount of sparks raining down onto him. He looks up as much as he could seeing a partially broken wire above him. "Just if I could reach that" he thinks but he looks down knowing he won't be able to. He closed his eyes planning to just wait till morning. A few hours later he can hear something quietly moving through the vents in front of him.

"I think someone is in here" the male voice whispers

"You sure? It could be risky to go up" a different female voice whispers.

"Yes I'm sure"

The female sighs slightly before pushing the vent up and to the side. She pokes her head out before eyeing Voltage. She soon clambered out of the vent walking up to Voltage.

Voltage is startled by their sudden appearance, before quickly analyzing her body. She looked so similar to him. Her body was metallic and covered in vibrant circuitry. "Who are you? I don't recognize you from my database!" He asks bewildered.

"We are here to help you, and get you out of here"

"W- what!?"

She didn't answer his question for she was already working at the wires holding him. Within a few quick seconds she released enough of them for Voltage to fall to his feet. "Ok you need to follow us quickly"

He nods still questioning in his head what was happening. He followed them soon hopping down into the vent. He looked around at the metal walls of the vent, but before he knew it he was looking outside. He looks up and to his freedom, as both of the voices echoed.

"Welcome to FL/GHT"
@Lenoria01 Accepted and added! Kinath's lovely, had a fun time writing her in.

@KingHatcher
Hooo, glad you took the time to write that all out! Just to clarify: the scientist you named as Jace is NOT the Head Scientist of Project, Jayce, correct?
@Lenoria01 Accepted and added! Kinath's lovely, had a fun time writing her in.

@KingHatcher
Hooo, glad you took the time to write that all out! Just to clarify: the scientist you named as Jace is NOT the Head Scientist of Project, Jayce, correct?
@rei711
Oh yeah no sorry he isn't I just chose a random name I didn't realize it was so close until now
@rei711
Oh yeah no sorry he isn't I just chose a random name I didn't realize it was so close until now
@KingHatcher
That's fine, just wanted to clarify in case xD Consider your dragon added, let me know if you'd like a link to our discord server!
@KingHatcher
That's fine, just wanted to clarify in case xD Consider your dragon added, let me know if you'd like a link to our discord server!
Bump
Bump
1 2 ... 72 73 74 75 76 ... 93 94