Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | FL/GHT - Break Free, Take Flight
1 2 ... 70 71 72 73 74 ... 93 94
@rei711

Sounds good to me!
I'll start working on the outlines of her lore now, could I get a DM of the faction info?
@rei711

Sounds good to me!
I'll start working on the outlines of her lore now, could I get a DM of the faction info?
Na5WGHa.png
@rei711
Can I be added to the pinglist?
@rei711
Can I be added to the pinglist?
rFG4FSy.gif HWUyWaT.png
JHqnR5C.png
FObX7rS.png
fwY7xo3.png
@Hawlucha
Lore only pinglist, or the regular one(which gets pings for raffles, auctions, and hatchie sales)?
@Hawlucha
Lore only pinglist, or the regular one(which gets pings for raffles, auctions, and hatchie sales)?
@rei711
Regular!
@rei711
Regular!
rFG4FSy.gif HWUyWaT.png
JHqnR5C.png
FObX7rS.png
fwY7xo3.png
@rei711 Okay, wow. I did not go into writing her lore with the intention of it coming out this long. I guess she really is special huh. So, I named her Urrea because I originally wanted to name her Au, until I remembered (brain not working today I guess) that two-letter names are no longer allowed. Plus, it works with my clan lore as Permas get a Name of Meaning (ie a name that has some meaning related to their looks, job, personality, or lore). It's my way of letting other users know that that dragon will not be for sale unless they offer me like a million gems or something lol I am still pretty new to creative writing as my background is in literature, so I hope this is good enough? I am in awe of your project and lore and I aspire to someday create a project as vast and as well written as yours. I would have continued writing lore that incorporated her faction and other pieces, but my hands have started to cramp (specifically my dominant thumb), plus it's 3 am where I am so I need to go to bed and rest. Happy 1 year to FL/GHT! I look forward to being part of this community ^_^ Apologies for any grammatical or punctuation errors, this is a raw write-up with almost no proof-reading atm. [i]Edited to match Rei's suggestions and info on Project[/i] ----------------------------------------------------------- Name: Urrea Basque - oo-[r]EY-ah - Gold [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=61307953] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/613080/61307953_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][font=book antiqua] Au was the first of her kind. Built deep within the laboratories of Project, she was the result of a secret experiment within the company. The need for one like her was created when some company scientists lost control of a Project CIPHER android who corrupted a failing older model and escaped the network. The scientists were too slow and too unfamiliar with the inner workings of the digital landscape to stop it. Project might have written off the loss, they were androids after all, but these androids came back. They snaked their way into the system, corrupted more files, and stole information. The system recognized their codes; it was the only way Project could have discovered them, but once again, they were too fast and too familiar with Project’s network to ever be caught. And so, Project: Au was born. Project Au is a new line of androids created to track down and take out rogues within the digital landscape of Project. They were built with some of the code of Project: CIPHER; their bodies were built to look and feel like real dragonhide but were made with synthetic materials. They were created to move faster through the electric currents in order to “outrun” their mother project. Not only that, but they were far more resistant to corruption and considered the most reliable model of android ever built by Project. Due to these characteristics, the project was named after the superior metal it shared these qualities with; Au or Gold. On top of being a superior model, Project Au was designed to replace the scientists that could not catch the rogue CIPHER. Au was designed to simultaneously race through the networks of electricity while having a physical presence at the control of the computer, tracking and shutting down all exits for the rogues then eliminating the threat when it caught up to it. One might liken it to having two consciouses. Au was the first android that came out of this project. Her predecessors either failed due to information overload or never started up to begin with. As she was the first success, she was called Au, but once androids were created with her design, her file with given the name Urrea, which means gold in an ancient and long-dead language. Despite this sudden name change, she was still referred to Au as it was easier to say. Au was everything Project had dreamed of. She could do the work of 5 scientists and 2 CIPHERS at the same time. Her ability to control the physical computers while fixing corrupted codes and tracking down and eliminating anomalies in the system was a pipe-dream come true. She was unstoppable. Or so they thought. The one fault, the one mistake, the inner circle made when creating Au, was to use the code from the original CIPHER android; the android that went rogue. The longer Au spent in two worlds, the more her conscious started to tug at her. She started to become aware of the dragons around her in the physical world. She started to become curious about those around her, and since she could already split her consciousness into two parts, she could easily split it into three: one to run the digital landscape, one to control the computers, and one to observe everyone around her. Very quickly she learned she is unlike the flesh and blood dragons in the labs, and even though she considered herself a dragon, she was constantly referred to as an android. Unable to speak to the dragons around (her voice box was frozen as the scientists had no need for it) Au became discontent and frustrated with where and who she was, she wanted to take control of her life and her will. Au was always stationed in one spot. Since she had one purpose she was at her station day and night; day after day after day. Since she couldn’t move from her station she spent many nights contemplating an escape. When the flesh and blood dragons had turned in for the night, she started to experiment. First, she worked on getting all of her conscious to traverse the digital landscape of Program’s network. Then when she confident enough in that, she started to upload her physical self to the network. It took weeks, months, for her to upload all of her without problems; the material her hide was made out of it didn’t meld well with electric currents, but eventually, she succeeded. So now, she waited for the perfect opportunity to break free. When that night came she almost convinced herself not to go through with it. She had only known this life, what could possibly be better than this? But her memories flashed, not all of them her own, of the atrocities this place had committed against androids. So her mind was made. In the dead of night, when she knew scientists wouldn’t come around, she uploaded her entire self to the system. Off she went, streaking through the digital landscape, faster than light, trying to find an escape route or a weakness she could use. Eventually, the system caught on. Alarms were blaring inside the lab and the network, befuddled researchers scurried into the lab in a flurry of white coats, shocked at the disappearance of Project Au until one of them checked the system. They sent androids after her; her siblings so to speak, but none of them could match her. She was the first of her kind, a true testament to her namesake; no one could stop her. Eventually, Au found a weakness, an opening made by the deterioration of time and neglect that had been poorly patched up. She shot toward the entrance with every bit of strength she had, and burst through a piece of wire, straight into the arms of a stunned unit of rescue and infiltration FL/GHT dragons. [/font] Future plans: FL/GHT Faction - Infiltration Meeting her “mother program” CIPHERexe [/center]
@rei711
Okay, wow. I did not go into writing her lore with the intention of it coming out this long. I guess she really is special huh.

So, I named her Urrea because I originally wanted to name her Au, until I remembered (brain not working today I guess) that two-letter names are no longer allowed. Plus, it works with my clan lore as Permas get a Name of Meaning (ie a name that has some meaning related to their looks, job, personality, or lore). It's my way of letting other users know that that dragon will not be for sale unless they offer me like a million gems or something lol

I am still pretty new to creative writing as my background is in literature, so I hope this is good enough? I am in awe of your project and lore and I aspire to someday create a project as vast and as well written as yours.

I would have continued writing lore that incorporated her faction and other pieces, but my hands have started to cramp (specifically my dominant thumb), plus it's 3 am where I am so I need to go to bed and rest.

Happy 1 year to FL/GHT! I look forward to being part of this community ^_^

Apologies for any grammatical or punctuation errors, this is a raw write-up with almost no proof-reading atm.

Edited to match Rei's suggestions and info on Project

Name: Urrea
Basque - oo-[r]EY-ah - Gold

Au was the first of her kind. Built deep within the laboratories of Project, she was the result of a secret experiment within the company. The need for one like her was created when some company scientists lost control of a Project CIPHER android who corrupted a failing older model and escaped the network. The scientists were too slow and too unfamiliar with the inner workings of the digital landscape to stop it. Project might have written off the loss, they were androids after all, but these androids came back. They snaked their way into the system, corrupted more files, and stole information. The system recognized their codes; it was the only way Project could have discovered them, but once again, they were too fast and too familiar with Project’s network to ever be caught. And so, Project: Au was born.

Project Au is a new line of androids created to track down and take out rogues within the digital landscape of Project. They were built with some of the code of Project: CIPHER; their bodies were built to look and feel like real dragonhide but were made with synthetic materials. They were created to move faster through the electric currents in order to “outrun” their mother project. Not only that, but they were far more resistant to corruption and considered the most reliable model of android ever built by Project. Due to these characteristics, the project was named after the superior metal it shared these qualities with; Au or Gold. On top of being a superior model, Project Au was designed to replace the scientists that could not catch the rogue CIPHER. Au was designed to simultaneously race through the networks of electricity while having a physical presence at the control of the computer, tracking and shutting down all exits for the rogues then eliminating the threat when it caught up to it. One might liken it to having two consciouses.

Au was the first android that came out of this project. Her predecessors either failed due to information overload or never started up to begin with. As she was the first success, she was called Au, but once androids were created with her design, her file with given the name Urrea, which means gold in an ancient and long-dead language. Despite this sudden name change, she was still referred to Au as it was easier to say.

Au was everything Project had dreamed of. She could do the work of 5 scientists and 2 CIPHERS at the same time. Her ability to control the physical computers while fixing corrupted codes and tracking down and eliminating anomalies in the system was a pipe-dream come true. She was unstoppable. Or so they thought. The one fault, the one mistake, the inner circle made when creating Au, was to use the code from the original CIPHER android; the android that went rogue. The longer Au spent in two worlds, the more her conscious started to tug at her. She started to become aware of the dragons around her in the physical world. She started to become curious about those around her, and since she could already split her consciousness into two parts, she could easily split it into three: one to run the digital landscape, one to control the computers, and one to observe everyone around her. Very quickly she learned she is unlike the flesh and blood dragons in the labs, and even though she considered herself a dragon, she was constantly referred to as an android. Unable to speak to the dragons around (her voice box was frozen as the scientists had no need for it) Au became discontent and frustrated with where and who she was, she wanted to take control of her life and her will.

Au was always stationed in one spot. Since she had one purpose she was at her station day and night; day after day after day. Since she couldn’t move from her station she spent many nights contemplating an escape. When the flesh and blood dragons had turned in for the night, she started to experiment. First, she worked on getting all of her conscious to traverse the digital landscape of Program’s network. Then when she confident enough in that, she started to upload her physical self to the network. It took weeks, months, for her to upload all of her without problems; the material her hide was made out of it didn’t meld well with electric currents, but eventually, she succeeded. So now, she waited for the perfect opportunity to break free. When that night came she almost convinced herself not to go through with it. She had only known this life, what could possibly be better than this? But her memories flashed, not all of them her own, of the atrocities this place had committed against androids. So her mind was made. In the dead of night, when she knew scientists wouldn’t come around, she uploaded her entire self to the system. Off she went, streaking through the digital landscape, faster than light, trying to find an escape route or a weakness she could use. Eventually, the system caught on. Alarms were blaring inside the lab and the network, befuddled researchers scurried into the lab in a flurry of white coats, shocked at the disappearance of Project Au until one of them checked the system.

They sent androids after her; her siblings so to speak, but none of them could match her. She was the first of her kind, a true testament to her namesake; no one could stop her. Eventually, Au found a weakness, an opening made by the deterioration of time and neglect that had been poorly patched up. She shot toward the entrance with every bit of strength she had, and burst through a piece of wire, straight into the arms of a stunned unit of rescue and infiltration FL/GHT dragons.

Future plans:
FL/GHT Faction - Infiltration
Meeting her “mother program” CIPHERexe
Na5WGHa.png
@EnglishRose
Are you kidding me? I love what you've got so far, my lore just happens to have an overarching plot that ties in with things, in terms of quality you're not that bad yourself :o

I love the lore and the idea of her being made to hunt down CIPHER, but at the moment, Project's tech isn't that advanced to that point as to create cyborgs from scratch - however, you're definitely free to make her an android who shares CIPHER's coding! I really like how you've integrated CIPHER and ERROR's lore into her story, aha, as well as CIPHER's ability to pop in and out of electronic devices - I can just imagine that team taking one look at Au and going "CIPHER!", followed by CIPHER popping out of something else as well and going "oh hey, a friend!"

If you don't mind tweaking that part of her lore, then I think you should be good to go!
@EnglishRose
Are you kidding me? I love what you've got so far, my lore just happens to have an overarching plot that ties in with things, in terms of quality you're not that bad yourself :o

I love the lore and the idea of her being made to hunt down CIPHER, but at the moment, Project's tech isn't that advanced to that point as to create cyborgs from scratch - however, you're definitely free to make her an android who shares CIPHER's coding! I really like how you've integrated CIPHER and ERROR's lore into her story, aha, as well as CIPHER's ability to pop in and out of electronic devices - I can just imagine that team taking one look at Au and going "CIPHER!", followed by CIPHER popping out of something else as well and going "oh hey, a friend!"

If you don't mind tweaking that part of her lore, then I think you should be good to go!
@rei711 I would like to register her please. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22434757] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/224348/22434757_350.png[/img] [/url] Leviah is a flesh-and-blood dragon who originally joined Project as an intern when she wanted to get into tech. Everything was going well until she caught wind of the new Project: Wetware, and realized they were not just working with simple robotics. She suddenly felt really uncomfortable with all the work they were doing and could not support Project any more. While she was trying to figure out how to resign without letting them know that she knew secret information, a spy from FL/GHT made himself known to her and helped her escape. Now Leviah works for FL/GHT on the Rescue team, helping condemned androids escape the junkyard and scavenging for scrap parts to help repair them.
@rei711 I would like to register her please.

22434757_350.png

Leviah is a flesh-and-blood dragon who originally joined Project as an intern when she wanted to get into tech. Everything was going well until she caught wind of the new Project: Wetware, and realized they were not just working with simple robotics. She suddenly felt really uncomfortable with all the work they were doing and could not support Project any more. While she was trying to figure out how to resign without letting them know that she knew secret information, a spy from FL/GHT made himself known to her and helped her escape.
Now Leviah works for FL/GHT on the Rescue team, helping condemned androids escape the junkyard and scavenging for scrap parts to help repair them.
tumblr_inline_njviw527Mu1qg2i5p.png
@Leviah

Heya! So, unfortunately, Project doesn't exactly have the tech/hasn't started on cybernetics just yet(they will, eventually) apart from Project Wetware, and I doubt the inner ring(as terrible as they are) would stoop so low as to experiment on literal children(also, I'd like to not risk getting banned from FR for having my lore involve child experiments, aha.) She's 100% free to keep the rest of the lore, I'd maybe suggest she caught wind of Project: Wetware instead and decided to leave as a result?
@Leviah

Heya! So, unfortunately, Project doesn't exactly have the tech/hasn't started on cybernetics just yet(they will, eventually) apart from Project Wetware, and I doubt the inner ring(as terrible as they are) would stoop so low as to experiment on literal children(also, I'd like to not risk getting banned from FR for having my lore involve child experiments, aha.) She's 100% free to keep the rest of the lore, I'd maybe suggest she caught wind of Project: Wetware instead and decided to leave as a result?
@rei711 Ok that's fair. I edited her story to reflect the changes.
@rei711 Ok that's fair. I edited her story to reflect the changes.
tumblr_inline_njviw527Mu1qg2i5p.png
@CosmicVengeance
(Me, realising I frigging attempted to ping your dragon instead of you, whoops-)

All good! Want an invite to our discord server?
@CosmicVengeance
(Me, realising I frigging attempted to ping your dragon instead of you, whoops-)

All good! Want an invite to our discord server?
1 2 ... 70 71 72 73 74 ... 93 94