Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [OLD]
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14
@Eleadora

Thank you so much for sharing, I love when you all do this! <3

I love what you've done with her, truly living up to the House expectations. Also, did a little stalking and her mate, Evander, is adorable! I can't wait to see their children, haha. c:
@Eleadora

Thank you so much for sharing, I love when you all do this! <3

I love what you've done with her, truly living up to the House expectations. Also, did a little stalking and her mate, Evander, is adorable! I can't wait to see their children, haha. c:
you confiscate my kazoo but little do you know that i have a second, hidden kazoo between my toes
Ahhh thank you so much~

And yeah~ He's awaiting a constellation. I've got it set up to where all the babies will have species fitting genes, but Evander's wings are just a touch out of range for the subspecies, so only kids with the correct range will carry on the House traditions.
Ahhh thank you so much~

And yeah~ He's awaiting a constellation. I've got it set up to where all the babies will have species fitting genes, but Evander's wings are just a touch out of range for the subspecies, so only kids with the correct range will carry on the House traditions.
@mittensthekitten i wrote talya a short lore :3c
@mittensthekitten i wrote talya a short lore :3c
tumblr_inline_ny7iufldYa1qmzhvw_540.pnglgbtdragons4.png c48cHhr.png4PReSu5.png
@Celuin

It fits her so well, I love it! <3 I love the idea of her having poisoned glass. ^^
@Celuin

It fits her so well, I love it! <3 I love the idea of her having poisoned glass. ^^
you confiscate my kazoo but little do you know that i have a second, hidden kazoo between my toes
Lanterne & Echoed Winds Festivals

Welcome to the Lanterne and Echoed Winds Festivals! These are two yearly festivals that will be lore contests hosted in the summer and winter. There will be three prizes for first, second, and third (and I promise to make them worthwhile!). You'll receive a prompt and have two weeks to post your submission in the official BMD thread. I am subscribed to both of these threads, so there won't be a need to ping me (but if you do it's no big).

This years prizes are three female Wildclaws! You will be receiving one female Wildclaw if you are chosen as a winner. First place gets first pick, second gets second pick, and third gets the last Wildclaw left standing. Meeting our ladies, we have Colette's daughter. Next we have not one, but two female Wildclaw sisters! These two are the ones Cawfee I found on the AH and are gening up for you guys! The genes ARE in my hoard, and I am able to provide proof if you want me to, just send me a PM. They'll receive the genes listed in their bio once they get out of my hibernal den.

So what are the festivals?

The Lanterne and Echoed Winds Festivals are where the Houses all around Sornieth throw a free festival for all the public in their jurisdiction. The Lanterne Festival is in summertime, and takes place in the evening where the only light is from the moon and the lanterns they hang around outside their theaters. Yes, the festival takes place outside, and all dancers are allowed to celebrate, but also required to put on entertainment for their guests. However, it is much more lax, and basically celebrates the Houses and the community. It also gives the House good publicity so their more insidious deeds are left further in the dark. No assassinations are allowed to occur during these festivals. Vendors that aren't a part of the House are allowed to sell their wares, however, they are required to apply in-person with the Head to make sure no shady drakes are swindling their guests. They hold firefly catching contests, give away flower bouquets, and much more!

The Echoed Winds Festival is also outside, but takes place in the winter. It's the same rundown as the Lanterne Festival, but this time, there are snowball fights and snowdragon(man) building competitions! The dancers also get to exhibit their gifts on ice, as they provide one of the biggest plays on the nearest frozen lake or river for the public. Before and after the show, their guests are welcome to skate and talk with the dancers. Lanterns are also used as decoration for the festivals, however, the festival starts earlier in the day and once evening hits, the play starts so they skate under the moon.

The Prompt

First and foremost, welcome to the Lanterne Festival! Since it's the first, I'd love to see your creative take on the vague description I offered for the festival. You are not obligated to write about your BMD dragons, and if you have none but would still like to participate in the contest, you are more than welcome to go stalk my lair and have your dragons visit House Antares' Lantern Festival. You may use my dragons - most have loose personalities you can use to your leisure until I've developed them more - as you wish (within reason, just don't be rude about it). What do your dragons do at the festival? What games do they partake in? What's the atmosphere? Did anything happen while they were there? Once again, it's loose. You can add in games I didn't mention (those were off the top of my head), have your own vendors there, do as you please! It's a festival!

Start Date - May 17th, 2019
End Date - June 1st, 2019. (FR Time - 23:59)

The winners will be announced that Sunday, June 2nd. I will ping everyone who participates once they are announced. You have 48 hours to claim your Wildclaw once I have pinged you (so if you came in first, you have 48 hours to pick before I move to the second person, who then has 48 hours, etc).
Lanterne & Echoed Winds Festivals

Welcome to the Lanterne and Echoed Winds Festivals! These are two yearly festivals that will be lore contests hosted in the summer and winter. There will be three prizes for first, second, and third (and I promise to make them worthwhile!). You'll receive a prompt and have two weeks to post your submission in the official BMD thread. I am subscribed to both of these threads, so there won't be a need to ping me (but if you do it's no big).

This years prizes are three female Wildclaws! You will be receiving one female Wildclaw if you are chosen as a winner. First place gets first pick, second gets second pick, and third gets the last Wildclaw left standing. Meeting our ladies, we have Colette's daughter. Next we have not one, but two female Wildclaw sisters! These two are the ones Cawfee I found on the AH and are gening up for you guys! The genes ARE in my hoard, and I am able to provide proof if you want me to, just send me a PM. They'll receive the genes listed in their bio once they get out of my hibernal den.

So what are the festivals?

The Lanterne and Echoed Winds Festivals are where the Houses all around Sornieth throw a free festival for all the public in their jurisdiction. The Lanterne Festival is in summertime, and takes place in the evening where the only light is from the moon and the lanterns they hang around outside their theaters. Yes, the festival takes place outside, and all dancers are allowed to celebrate, but also required to put on entertainment for their guests. However, it is much more lax, and basically celebrates the Houses and the community. It also gives the House good publicity so their more insidious deeds are left further in the dark. No assassinations are allowed to occur during these festivals. Vendors that aren't a part of the House are allowed to sell their wares, however, they are required to apply in-person with the Head to make sure no shady drakes are swindling their guests. They hold firefly catching contests, give away flower bouquets, and much more!

The Echoed Winds Festival is also outside, but takes place in the winter. It's the same rundown as the Lanterne Festival, but this time, there are snowball fights and snowdragon(man) building competitions! The dancers also get to exhibit their gifts on ice, as they provide one of the biggest plays on the nearest frozen lake or river for the public. Before and after the show, their guests are welcome to skate and talk with the dancers. Lanterns are also used as decoration for the festivals, however, the festival starts earlier in the day and once evening hits, the play starts so they skate under the moon.

The Prompt

First and foremost, welcome to the Lanterne Festival! Since it's the first, I'd love to see your creative take on the vague description I offered for the festival. You are not obligated to write about your BMD dragons, and if you have none but would still like to participate in the contest, you are more than welcome to go stalk my lair and have your dragons visit House Antares' Lantern Festival. You may use my dragons - most have loose personalities you can use to your leisure until I've developed them more - as you wish (within reason, just don't be rude about it). What do your dragons do at the festival? What games do they partake in? What's the atmosphere? Did anything happen while they were there? Once again, it's loose. You can add in games I didn't mention (those were off the top of my head), have your own vendors there, do as you please! It's a festival!

Start Date - May 17th, 2019
End Date - June 1st, 2019. (FR Time - 23:59)

The winners will be announced that Sunday, June 2nd. I will ping everyone who participates once they are announced. You have 48 hours to claim your Wildclaw once I have pinged you (so if you came in first, you have 48 hours to pick before I move to the second person, who then has 48 hours, etc).
[center][ [ Preface: Thank you for this lovely opportunity! I have a weak spot for WCs and I’ve fallen in love with this subspecies. While I only have one--Rosario, who plays a prominent role here--I look forward to finding her a mate someday, and hopefully a new friend in the form of one of these pretty girls. Since I haven't gotten around to giving Rosario a bio or much personality, I saw this as a great opportunity to flesh out some dragons some more. Another note, though, while in my lair Ryaff is the one dressed up and Rosario remains bare, the opposite is true in this writing; with the exception of a few things (specifically his skin and face paint/scars, along with a shawl thrown on for the sake of me hiding an irrelevant part of the skin--consider the skin as part of him, some strange mutation. He has some scarring on his face which he tries to hide with paints,) Ryaff is the one forced to go without gear, and Rosario is the one dressed up all pretty. I’ve got her outfit plan here, and Ryaff’s lack thereof, but both images link back to how they actually appear in my lair. Thanks again! (And stay tuned--[s]I plan to get some art for this finished by the deadline, so check in once in a while and we'll see![/s] Art added!)] ] ----- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=339792&did=50895188][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=50895188&skin=0&apparel=23147,28783,545,28372,3624,10745,22822,22820,28372,30066&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=339792&did=36158783][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=36158783&skin=26155&apparel=716,1153,23083,23121,23138&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] [center][sup]snipped accidental ping, im so sorry dskfhkdsjf[/sup] [url=https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/521401890345451522/580176603619917855/Rosario-ryaff-busts.png][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/521401890345451522/580177869859455034/Rosario-ryaff-busts-SMALL.png[/img][/url] Ryaff was not a dancer. He was not part of any House, he was not [i]she[/i], he was good for little more than muscle by her side and a solution to late-night urges and though he was a Wildclaw, he was not a part of any house and didn’t have even an [i]opportunity[/i] to become a dancer. Rosario knew this is how she should’ve thought when she ventured out to stay with a clan, to spend her leisure time within it’s dance club, and yet when she heard that the same clan had an assassin’s guild running under the leader’s nose, she couldn’t help but get involved. To make sure they were doing it right, she assured herself, because surely such a small clan couldn’t keep a guild under wraps if it were led by such a slim male, Wildclaw or not. As it turned out, Ryaff and his guild were damn good at what they did, and she found herself initiated before she could consider the consequences. Nobody back home could ever know what she’d done--surely the whole of House Antares would shame her for falling into anything where she was lower in rank than some strange man. She could hope she would be praised for infiltrating another guild, but she knew hope would only carry her claws so far before she found somebody else’s on her throat. It was only reasonable, because of this, that when she received a letter marked [i]Antares[/i] she had been sure that she’d been found out, sure that Colette was going to shame her in front of the House. She put off reading it for three days before working up the nerve to open it up. She felt foolish. It was simply an invitation to the Lanterne Festival. Her stomach churned with embarrassment for letting her paranoia get the best of her, and she’d spent a few hours wasting time with her feathers ruffled and face buried in her blankets as she calmed down before finally going to Ryaff. Naturally, seeing a chance to bump elbows and meet some other assassins, Ryaff wanted to go, and she couldn’t deny him. That’s how she finds herself now, walking shoulder to shoulder with the grumpy Wildclaw, posing as a low-ranking guard paid to serve and protect Rosario while she entertains other guests. It felt right being able to hold her head higher than his, looking every inch a queen next to her guildmaster-turned-servant. That said, she let him walk to the left of her; he was blind in his right eye, and admitted he’d feel safer if his right side were protected by a skilled dragon. He hated it, but it was the only safe way for him to come. (“While we’re here, I do not serve you,” she’d hissed to him before arriving. “You obey, you keep your head low.” He’d begrudgingly agreed once she explained the ranking system to him.) His voice now snaps her out of reflection, and she whips around to look at him with her wings half-raised. “Relax,” Ryaff bites out, “I only asked if you knew where we’re going. There’s a lot going on here and if we’re just going to aimlessly walk around I’d like to suggest at least going to a bar.” She relaxes a bit. “I do know where we’re going. I was only thinking, is all.” She turns, wings tucked back against her sides, and continues on. “I’m allowed a few hours of recreation before I’m needed for entertainment purposes. I’ve got to join the performance.” “Perhaps you should perform on the bar.” She curls her lip, trying to snarl over a small smile. She could hear the smirk in his voice, the pig. “Watch yourself. Crude humor might not appeal to the other ladies here.” She flicks him with the end of her tail, partially a visual reprimand and partially to remind him to keep that slightly submissive posture. “You don’t even like Skydancers, you elitist little brute. We can’t give you that powerful bloodline of brute force hunters you crave so bad.” “Who are you to decide who I like,” he retorts, then backpedals when he checks his tone and position. “No disrespect. Where are we going first?” Much better. “We’ll grab food, and then stop at one of the game stalls. I’m thinking… one of the knife toss games, where you have to try and hit as many balloons you can with the knives you’re given. Food first, though.” She can't help but smile over her shoulder at him, fond in the way any dancer would be fond of a loyal guard. “Have you ever had funnel cake?” ----- As it turned out, funnel cake was [i]amazing[/i] and Ryaff had never had something so tasty in his life. Rosario was surprised he could keep it down, given it wasn’t a meat product, but she gave no comment, simply watching as she quietly ate her own. The knife toss was fun, too. The dragon running the stand seemed excited to see her, joyously offering her skilled claws ten slim throwing knives and urging her up into position. Ryaff watched from the sidelines, holding a set of his own as he waited his turn, as Rosario reared up and threw each knife, one by one, sinking them into each balloon she targeted without error. Pride washed over her as she looked at her handiwork; a physical reminder of her training and how it’s paid off for her. She thinks she catches a glimpse of a House Head nodding her approval, but when she looks to see, she’s gone, so she turns to Ryaff. His aim is not as good. Lack of depth perception ails him, and he can't quite coordinate all of his throws. It frustrates him enough that he slings one with enough force that it pierces through a balloon cleanly and so quickly that it doesn’t pop. Rosario isn’t sure what to make of it, and she laughs, musical and light. In all, with Rosario’s perfect score and Ryaff hitting 7 out of ten, they both did a good job, and the host of the stall hands down two plush bears to them. Ryaff nods his thanks, though uninterested in a toy, while Rosario turns to a young dragon who’d been watching in awe, giving her the plush with a smile on her face. It was almost as big as the young whelp. Adorable. ----- Rosario did eventually have to perform, so the two dragons had to split up somewhere down the road. The stage called to her, and she eagerly rose to her place amongst other dancers. The music flowed through her and her kin like blood, and they moved like a river, each step in time with the the beat of the heart of their House. They’d come together--flank to flank, wing to wing, skin to skin--and then apart to wing through the air in long, graceful arcs, waves of red and violet in an ocean of stars and fireflies. Her heartbeat pounded in her ears as she lost herself to the rhythm, coming so naturally to her after years of training for the publicity stunts like this that she’d come to love. When they left, Rosario still had the heat of the dance under her skin, the buzz of energy in her veins, and she found herself weaving through the air the whole flight home, and found it hard to get to sleep once she was home in her bed. While her potential crimes had kept her up the nights before, now they were forgotten, and the pride in her heritage was what now kept her up until eventually she finally found rest in dreams of blade and song. [/center]
[ [ Preface: Thank you for this lovely opportunity! I have a weak spot for WCs and I’ve fallen in love with this subspecies. While I only have one--Rosario, who plays a prominent role here--I look forward to finding her a mate someday, and hopefully a new friend in the form of one of these pretty girls. Since I haven't gotten around to giving Rosario a bio or much personality, I saw this as a great opportunity to flesh out some dragons some more.

Another note, though, while in my lair Ryaff is the one dressed up and Rosario remains bare, the opposite is true in this writing; with the exception of a few things (specifically his skin and face paint/scars, along with a shawl thrown on for the sake of me hiding an irrelevant part of the skin--consider the skin as part of him, some strange mutation. He has some scarring on his face which he tries to hide with paints,) Ryaff is the one forced to go without gear, and Rosario is the one dressed up all pretty. I’ve got her outfit plan here, and Ryaff’s lack thereof, but both images link back to how they actually appear in my lair.

Thanks again!

(And stay tuned--I plan to get some art for this finished by the deadline, so check in once in a while and we'll see! Art added!)] ]

dragon?did=50895188&skin=0&apparel=23147,28783,545,28372,3624,10745,22822,22820,28372,30066&xt=dressing.png

dragon?did=36158783&skin=26155&apparel=716,1153,23083,23121,23138&xt=dressing.png
snipped accidental ping, im so sorry dskfhkdsjf
Rosario-ryaff-busts-SMALL.png

Ryaff was not a dancer. He was not part of any House, he was not she, he was good for little more than muscle by her side and a solution to late-night urges and though he was a Wildclaw, he was not a part of any house and didn’t have even an opportunity to become a dancer. Rosario knew this is how she should’ve thought when she ventured out to stay with a clan, to spend her leisure time within it’s dance club, and yet when she heard that the same clan had an assassin’s guild running under the leader’s nose, she couldn’t help but get involved. To make sure they were doing it right, she assured herself, because surely such a small clan couldn’t keep a guild under wraps if it were led by such a slim male, Wildclaw or not.

As it turned out, Ryaff and his guild were damn good at what they did, and she found herself initiated before she could consider the consequences. Nobody back home could ever know what she’d done--surely the whole of House Antares would shame her for falling into anything where she was lower in rank than some strange man. She could hope she would be praised for infiltrating another guild, but she knew hope would only carry her claws so far before she found somebody else’s on her throat.

It was only reasonable, because of this, that when she received a letter marked Antares she had been sure that she’d been found out, sure that Colette was going to shame her in front of the House. She put off reading it for three days before working up the nerve to open it up.

She felt foolish. It was simply an invitation to the Lanterne Festival. Her stomach churned with embarrassment for letting her paranoia get the best of her, and she’d spent a few hours wasting time with her feathers ruffled and face buried in her blankets as she calmed down before finally going to Ryaff.

Naturally, seeing a chance to bump elbows and meet some other assassins, Ryaff wanted to go, and she couldn’t deny him.

That’s how she finds herself now, walking shoulder to shoulder with the grumpy Wildclaw, posing as a low-ranking guard paid to serve and protect Rosario while she entertains other guests. It felt right being able to hold her head higher than his, looking every inch a queen next to her guildmaster-turned-servant. That said, she let him walk to the left of her; he was blind in his right eye, and admitted he’d feel safer if his right side were protected by a skilled dragon.

He hated it, but it was the only safe way for him to come. (“While we’re here, I do not serve you,” she’d hissed to him before arriving. “You obey, you keep your head low.” He’d begrudgingly agreed once she explained the ranking system to him.)

His voice now snaps her out of reflection, and she whips around to look at him with her wings half-raised. “Relax,” Ryaff bites out, “I only asked if you knew where we’re going. There’s a lot going on here and if we’re just going to aimlessly walk around I’d like to suggest at least going to a bar.”

She relaxes a bit. “I do know where we’re going. I was only thinking, is all.” She turns, wings tucked back against her sides, and continues on. “I’m allowed a few hours of recreation before I’m needed for entertainment purposes. I’ve got to join the performance.”

“Perhaps you should perform on the bar.”

She curls her lip, trying to snarl over a small smile. She could hear the smirk in his voice, the pig. “Watch yourself. Crude humor might not appeal to the other ladies here.” She flicks him with the end of her tail, partially a visual reprimand and partially to remind him to keep that slightly submissive posture. “You don’t even like Skydancers, you elitist little brute. We can’t give you that powerful bloodline of brute force hunters you crave so bad.”

“Who are you to decide who I like,” he retorts, then backpedals when he checks his tone and position. “No disrespect. Where are we going first?”

Much better. “We’ll grab food, and then stop at one of the game stalls. I’m thinking… one of the knife toss games, where you have to try and hit as many balloons you can with the knives you’re given. Food first, though.” She can't help but smile over her shoulder at him, fond in the way any dancer would be fond of a loyal guard. “Have you ever had funnel cake?”

As it turned out, funnel cake was amazing and Ryaff had never had something so tasty in his life. Rosario was surprised he could keep it down, given it wasn’t a meat product, but she gave no comment, simply watching as she quietly ate her own.

The knife toss was fun, too. The dragon running the stand seemed excited to see her, joyously offering her skilled claws ten slim throwing knives and urging her up into position. Ryaff watched from the sidelines, holding a set of his own as he waited his turn, as Rosario reared up and threw each knife, one by one, sinking them into each balloon she targeted without error. Pride washed over her as she looked at her handiwork; a physical reminder of her training and how it’s paid off for her. She thinks she catches a glimpse of a House Head nodding her approval, but when she looks to see, she’s gone, so she turns to Ryaff.

His aim is not as good. Lack of depth perception ails him, and he can't quite coordinate all of his throws. It frustrates him enough that he slings one with enough force that it pierces through a balloon cleanly and so quickly that it doesn’t pop. Rosario isn’t sure what to make of it, and she laughs, musical and light.

In all, with Rosario’s perfect score and Ryaff hitting 7 out of ten, they both did a good job, and the host of the stall hands down two plush bears to them. Ryaff nods his thanks, though uninterested in a toy, while Rosario turns to a young dragon who’d been watching in awe, giving her the plush with a smile on her face. It was almost as big as the young whelp. Adorable.

Rosario did eventually have to perform, so the two dragons had to split up somewhere down the road. The stage called to her, and she eagerly rose to her place amongst other dancers. The music flowed through her and her kin like blood, and they moved like a river, each step in time with the the beat of the heart of their House. They’d come together--flank to flank, wing to wing, skin to skin--and then apart to wing through the air in long, graceful arcs, waves of red and violet in an ocean of stars and fireflies. Her heartbeat pounded in her ears as she lost herself to the rhythm, coming so naturally to her after years of training for the publicity stunts like this that she’d come to love.

When they left, Rosario still had the heat of the dance under her skin, the buzz of energy in her veins, and she found herself weaving through the air the whole flight home, and found it hard to get to sleep once she was home in her bed. While her potential crimes had kept her up the nights before, now they were forgotten, and the pride in her heritage was what now kept her up until eventually she finally found rest in dreams of blade and song.
UvoSPaU.pngEgSsKCP.pngsdVKhGb.png
Um so this got uh... longer than I was planning. I'm so very sorry. Here's my submission for the Lanterne Festival Contest! Our players are Aisure and Arza, sister and brother wildclaws that are coming back to House Antares to celebrate with their friends and families: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46995058][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/469951/46995058_350.png[/img][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46037852][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/460379/46037852_350.png[/img][/url] “Dear sister!” the crimson skydancer practically skipped into the private chamber of his sister’s, clutching a box in one of his claws as he eagerly approached the other. Remembering his manners he bowed to her, then placed the box down at her feet and smiled brightly. “Look what mother sent for the festival.” His sister seemed pleased with this delivery, smiling and nodding at him. At the gesture he lifted it back up and opened the box, revealing traditinal silks for the festival. “Have you made our traveling arrangements yet?” the female skydancer hummed, holding up the garment and lovingly gazing at it. “Yes, my sister. We’ll arrive tonight, and stay for the length of the entire festival.” he fluffed his plumes a little in pride when his sister looked at him approvingly. “Excellent.” [center]--[/center] Arza had always known as far back as his memory could carry that his position within his family was that to serve. Some of his male relatives were lukewarm about this prospect as they aged into adulthood, others were proud to do such duties, and it was in this latter category that he found himself. He was only ambitious in one aspect - serving his younger sister Aisure better than any other servant could. He would tend to her needs, and though he could act as a guard if necessary Aisure did not need those skills of his often. Just a little older than she, upon Aisure’s birth the older skydancer had been made aware his role was to serve and protect his sister until he drew his last breath. Arza was dedicated to his house, and seeing it continue to succeed had always taken precedence with every other aspect of the skydancer’s life. True, both siblings had favored their father’s breed and therefore Aisure could not take the role of a head of a house, she was still valuable to their family regardless. She danced with a fervent nature, exceptionally skilled in silks. It was also her preferred weapon of choice. Most of the time her assassinations looked like strange accidents unless a blade was necessary. So when a box of silky garments were presented, Aisure couldn’t help but laugh as she twirled about her room with the attire in hands. A nod for her favored skill would be worn upon her scales and feathers at the festival like a gorgeous inside joke. The clan they had settled in for their current missions was not home to any house, so their stay was only semi-permanent. Aisure had been sent on assignments to the clan and surrounding areas, making it more of a homebase as their birth clan was at least a days’ travel from there. It meant that while they could go back and forth with relative ease, they lost valuable time for the missions Aisure received. Given her tendencies, Arza knew just how out of the question those precious hours would not be spared. When it was time for them to travel home for the festival, the atmosphere was abuzz around the two. The Lanterne Festival was always a cause for excitement among their family, with the prospect of seeing familiar faces and catching up to gorging oneself on festival food not easily accessed to the performances. Oh, the performances. [center]--[/center] Decor for the festival brought the clan to life the moment the siblings entered into it. Already the atmosphere was alive with the excitement of the festival, vendors cooked food and younglings were abuzz with anticipation as they watched game stalls preparing. Once the two skydancers had settled into Aisure’s quarters at their birth house, she donned her festival silks and they stepped out into a clan alive for the festivities. Aisure was to perform first that evening, as part of the opening events with her sisters that were also skilled in silks. “After the dance brother you may wander for a while on your own,” Aisure spoke to Arza as they walked towards the performance stage. He nodded a little at her. “Just to catch a koi I think will please me.” he answered. It was Aisure who nodded then, knowing his affinity for aquatic. “Please enjoy yourself of course. This is as much a break for me as for you,” Aisure reminded. “Though, if you procure me a sakura cake by the time we meet for our competition at the firefly catching contest I would not be upset.” Arza let a soft laugh out of him and nodded. “As you wish, sister.” Aisure joined her sisters and friends on the dance stage just as the silks were let loose from the structure above it. They fell like a soft billow of wind, sturdy yet elegant and of varying festival colors. Aisure lined herself up with her own, separating the two fabrics and wrapping them about her arms like the others. Then the music began, and the dragons swayed in time before two on the edge began to crawl up their silks. The ones in the center swung to and fro ever gently, then knotted the bottoms as they begun to twist and wrap themselves in their silks. Aisure had been one of these dragons, posing near the midpoint of her silk before she unwound herself a little and slipped free with only her arms to hold her aloft. They reknotted themselves in their silks to the beat of the music and posed again, gaining awe and hushed applause between each. Each pose and and wrap of their silks aided them into the next pose as they felt the music urge them on till they reached the crescendo. All of the dancers had begun to wrap themselves up their silks, then released their holds so they begun to unwind in a sudden plummet towards the floor. Only their expert knotting kept them from the floor as they finished with one final pose, dangling and breathing heavy as the music faded out. [center]--[/center] While his desire to obtain a honey cake for his sister felt priority, Arza knew it would not be warm by the time he brought it to Aisure. He instead went for the koi ponds, managing to catch several with the shallow paddle nets supplied. He broke his record from last year, pleased when his prize was handed over. Two small koi fish swam in unison about the container as he skipped off to the food stalls. Arza himself ate a little bit of a meat kebob to keep him full, then found the confections. Aisure had always had a bit of a sweet tooth, and honey cakes had been her go to at every Lanterne Festvial each year. He decided to get two, as she would inevitably crave another on their journey back. “I see you were successful in your koi pond venture.” Aisure teased with a soft tone, noting the container as Arza approached her. She turned back to the other two dancers she’d been talking to, excusing herself as she joined her brother. “What will you name these two?” “Piro and Belgrade, I think. They’ll have to be kept separate so the others don’t eat them while they grow.” He’d kept two other koi fish over the years, and they had grown large and healthy. Smaller fish would do no good in a pond with them. Arza placed his container down to pull forth a warm honey cake for his sister. Aisure’s face lit up as she took the cake, smiling in thanks as she sank her teeth into the sweet cake. “Just like every year, these are always the best thing to eat.” she hummed in approval. Arza smiled and nodded in agreement, though he was not inclined towards them himself. “So did you do anything else other than fish, brother?” “I had a kebob as I was growing hungry, talked to a few other males and then came to find you.” he explained. Aisure nodded. “Some of the other dancers were telling me that you might serve as a good mate. Would that interest you?” she asked. There had always been a chance that Arza could be requested to serve and stud another dancer. “I suppose at some point I would want to help father more of our kind, though I would not like to take myself away from my duties to you.” Arza admitted. Despite how much her brother took his role so seriously, Aisure had always allowed him to speak freely. Still now, he was devoted to serving her that he would even turn down a new life to a mate. Aisure cast him a thoughtful look, but nodded. “I’ll keep that in consideration. Nothing’s set in stone, of course.” she pointed out. He nodded himself. “Well then, sister. How many fireflies do you think you can catch? I myself think I can obtain at least twenty. If I win I’d like you to win me something at the games stalls.” he smirked at her. The two had always had a friendly competition between them when it came to festival games. “Then I wager I can catch [i]forty[/i], and you have to buy me another honey cake.” “You have yourself a deal.”
Um so this got uh... longer than I was planning. I'm so very sorry.

Here's my submission for the Lanterne Festival Contest!

Our players are Aisure and Arza, sister and brother wildclaws that are coming back to House Antares to celebrate with their friends and families:

46995058_350.png
46037852_350.png

“Dear sister!” the crimson skydancer practically skipped into the private chamber of his sister’s, clutching a box in one of his claws as he eagerly approached the other. Remembering his manners he bowed to her, then placed the box down at her feet and smiled brightly.

“Look what mother sent for the festival.” His sister seemed pleased with this delivery, smiling and nodding at him. At the gesture he lifted it back up and opened the box, revealing traditinal silks for the festival.

“Have you made our traveling arrangements yet?” the female skydancer hummed, holding up the garment and lovingly gazing at it.

“Yes, my sister. We’ll arrive tonight, and stay for the length of the entire festival.” he fluffed his plumes a little in pride when his sister looked at him approvingly.

“Excellent.”
--

Arza had always known as far back as his memory could carry that his position within his family was that to serve. Some of his male relatives were lukewarm about this prospect as they aged into adulthood, others were proud to do such duties, and it was in this latter category that he found himself. He was only ambitious in one aspect - serving his younger sister Aisure better than any other servant could. He would tend to her needs, and though he could act as a guard if necessary Aisure did not need those skills of his often. Just a little older than she, upon Aisure’s birth the older skydancer had been made aware his role was to serve and protect his sister until he drew his last breath. Arza was dedicated to his house, and seeing it continue to succeed had always taken precedence with every other aspect of the skydancer’s life.

True, both siblings had favored their father’s breed and therefore Aisure could not take the role of a head of a house, she was still valuable to their family regardless. She danced with a fervent nature, exceptionally skilled in silks. It was also her preferred weapon of choice. Most of the time her assassinations looked like strange accidents unless a blade was necessary. So when a box of silky garments were presented, Aisure couldn’t help but laugh as she twirled about her room with the attire in hands. A nod for her favored skill would be worn upon her scales and feathers at the festival like a gorgeous inside joke.

The clan they had settled in for their current missions was not home to any house, so their stay was only semi-permanent. Aisure had been sent on assignments to the clan and surrounding areas, making it more of a homebase as their birth clan was at least a days’ travel from there. It meant that while they could go back and forth with relative ease, they lost valuable time for the missions Aisure received. Given her tendencies, Arza knew just how out of the question those precious hours would not be spared.

When it was time for them to travel home for the festival, the atmosphere was abuzz around the two. The Lanterne Festival was always a cause for excitement among their family, with the prospect of seeing familiar faces and catching up to gorging oneself on festival food not easily accessed to the performances. Oh, the performances.
--

Decor for the festival brought the clan to life the moment the siblings entered into it. Already the atmosphere was alive with the excitement of the festival, vendors cooked food and younglings were abuzz with anticipation as they watched game stalls preparing. Once the two skydancers had settled into Aisure’s quarters at their birth house, she donned her festival silks and they stepped out into a clan alive for the festivities. Aisure was to perform first that evening, as part of the opening events with her sisters that were also skilled in silks.

“After the dance brother you may wander for a while on your own,” Aisure spoke to Arza as they walked towards the performance stage. He nodded a little at her.

“Just to catch a koi I think will please me.” he answered. It was Aisure who nodded then, knowing his affinity for aquatic.

“Please enjoy yourself of course. This is as much a break for me as for you,” Aisure reminded. “Though, if you procure me a sakura cake by the time we meet for our competition at the firefly catching contest I would not be upset.” Arza let a soft laugh out of him and nodded.

“As you wish, sister.”

Aisure joined her sisters and friends on the dance stage just as the silks were let loose from the structure above it. They fell like a soft billow of wind, sturdy yet elegant and of varying festival colors. Aisure lined herself up with her own, separating the two fabrics and wrapping them about her arms like the others. Then the music began, and the dragons swayed in time before two on the edge began to crawl up their silks. The ones in the center swung to and fro ever gently, then knotted the bottoms as they begun to twist and wrap themselves in their silks. Aisure had been one of these dragons, posing near the midpoint of her silk before she unwound herself a little and slipped free with only her arms to hold her aloft. They reknotted themselves in their silks to the beat of the music and posed again, gaining awe and hushed applause between each. Each pose and and wrap of their silks aided them into the next pose as they felt the music urge them on till they reached the crescendo. All of the dancers had begun to wrap themselves up their silks, then released their holds so they begun to unwind in a sudden plummet towards the floor. Only their expert knotting kept them from the floor as they finished with one final pose, dangling and breathing heavy as the music faded out.

--

While his desire to obtain a honey cake for his sister felt priority, Arza knew it would not be warm by the time he brought it to Aisure. He instead went for the koi ponds, managing to catch several with the shallow paddle nets supplied. He broke his record from last year, pleased when his prize was handed over. Two small koi fish swam in unison about the container as he skipped off to the food stalls. Arza himself ate a little bit of a meat kebob to keep him full, then found the confections. Aisure had always had a bit of a sweet tooth, and honey cakes had been her go to at every Lanterne Festvial each year. He decided to get two, as she would inevitably crave another on their journey back.

“I see you were successful in your koi pond venture.” Aisure teased with a soft tone, noting the container as Arza approached her. She turned back to the other two dancers she’d been talking to, excusing herself as she joined her brother. “What will you name these two?”

“Piro and Belgrade, I think. They’ll have to be kept separate so the others don’t eat them while they grow.” He’d kept two other koi fish over the years, and they had grown large and healthy. Smaller fish would do no good in a pond with them. Arza placed his container down to pull forth a warm honey cake for his sister. Aisure’s face lit up as she took the cake, smiling in thanks as she sank her teeth into the sweet cake.

“Just like every year, these are always the best thing to eat.” she hummed in approval. Arza smiled and nodded in agreement, though he was not inclined towards them himself. “So did you do anything else other than fish, brother?”

“I had a kebob as I was growing hungry, talked to a few other males and then came to find you.” he explained. Aisure nodded.

“Some of the other dancers were telling me that you might serve as a good mate. Would that interest you?” she asked. There had always been a chance that Arza could be requested to serve and stud another dancer.

“I suppose at some point I would want to help father more of our kind, though I would not like to take myself away from my duties to you.” Arza admitted. Despite how much her brother took his role so seriously, Aisure had always allowed him to speak freely. Still now, he was devoted to serving her that he would even turn down a new life to a mate. Aisure cast him a thoughtful look, but nodded.

“I’ll keep that in consideration. Nothing’s set in stone, of course.” she pointed out. He nodded himself.

“Well then, sister. How many fireflies do you think you can catch? I myself think I can obtain at least twenty. If I win I’d like you to win me something at the games stalls.” he smirked at her. The two had always had a friendly competition between them when it came to festival games.

“Then I wager I can catch forty, and you have to buy me another honey cake.”

“You have yourself a deal.”
DqteUPx.png
GOfNO1W.png
RmtNCYn.png
Okay so I don't have any dancers quite yet (I'm looking to get some soon!), but this looked like a ton of fun and this subspecies is an awesome idea so I figured I'd join in with a few of my clan members! The dragons featured in this are Nalani and Kamalei, my clan leaders who are just trying to get a quick break from all the responsibility.

Beautiful. Nalani had expected several things from the Lanterne Festival, but she hadn’t quite anticipated the scale or beauty that she witnessed now as she and her companion entered the gates. Darkness shrouded the land like a thickly knit cloak, but lanterns hung from everything conceivable, causing the festival grounds to glow as if lit by a million fireflies. Strings had been drawn taut, lanterns hanging freely from them as they stretched from building to building. Hooks on the stalls surrounding the elegant freeway held even more of the brightly glittering light sources. There seemed to be a vendor sporting floating paper lanterns as wares capitalizing off festival-goers on every street corner.

Beside Nalani strode Kamalei, his azure eyes twinkling with excitement. Attending the festival had been his idea. He had insisted she accompanied him or Nalani never would have left the clan. Sure they had left it in Kushiel’s more than capable claws, he had founded it after all, but she was queen now. Leaving her clan behind just to have a little fun was highly irresponsible.

Kamalei nudged her side with his snout. “I can practically hear you overthinking,” he teased. She frowned. Nalani would have gladly protected her best friend with her life and his optimism was refreshing, but he could be a bit too carefree at times.

“I can’t help it. What if the clan gets attacked while I’m away? What if one of the ships wrecks? What if-”

“Those things could happen at any time and you couldn’t prevent a single one of them from occurring even if you were there. Just relax for a bit,” he said, grinning up at the lights. “Enjoy all the hard work they’re putting into holding this festival just so that dragons can come and have a good time.”

“Actually, it’s most likely being held to raise a profit,” she stated. Kamalei was right in a way though. The festival grounds were beautiful and had many different forms of entertainment, enough variety to sate nearly any guest’s want for fun. The moon was nearly at its apex now, the real fun was soon to begin.

“Shush.” Kamalei draped a wing over her head, effectively silencing her. Nalani laughed a little and tossed it off.

To their right a bogsneak of sanguine and violet hues had just finished setting up a stall and cried, “Raffle! Get your raffle tickets here! You could go home tonight with some of the most luxurious apparel Sornieth has to offer.”

Kamalei was dashing over to the stall before he had even finished speaking. Nalani sighed. Giving him all the money had seemed like an excellent idea when they had first arrived but now she was having second thoughts. As she watched, the smaller, plumper guardian removed a clawful of jangling coins and plopped it on the counter. “How many tickets can I get for this?”

The bogsneak gave them a sly grin and within a few seconds he had the coins counted and stacked. “That will be ten tickets,” he said, ripping a few off a large roll and handing them to Kamalei. “Thank you sir, we here at the House hope you enjoy tonight’s festival!”

He skipped back over to her, stuffing the tickets into his bag. “Come on, slowpoke! The show’s about to start!” he chirped, smiling like a hatchling that had just been given a hoard’s worth of candy. She just shook her head, amused, and followed him towards the theater where the show they were meant to attend was taking place.

When they arrived, a crowd had already formed around the stage and was chattering amongst itself. The guardians managed to locate their spots in the third row and take a seat. It was no easy task. There were enough dragons assembled to take down a full grown emperor. Kamalei bounced in his spot, grinning in excitement.

Suddenly, a lantern near the end of the chain strung over the theater flickered out. She didn’t think much of it, but then followed another. And another. Within the time it took to take a single breath all the lanterns over the stage were extinguished and an expectant hush fell over the crowd as they gazed at the stage, watching, waiting.

A skydancer donned in silks the shade of the night sky stepped out. She moved with a nearly feline elegance, a degree of couture that no lesser dragon could master. She raised her neck and fanned out her wings to their full length. A coatl and a pearlcatcher joined her. They moved in such sync that Nalani doubted she could have differentiated each one from the others if not for the difference in breeds.

More and more dancers joined the first three as the show went on. The stage was a thunderous crescendo of flying silks and flashing scales as the dancers twirled around one another, flawless in their utter perfection. It was easy to forget that the performance was a result of a dozen pieces moving in time to the music and not directed by a single entity.

Eventually it came to a climax, scales and wings seeming to meld together in one break-neck paced, glorious finale. The crowd rose with a roar of applause as the dancers bowed and returned backstage to congratulate one another on a job well done.

“That was brilliant!” Kamalei said with a grin as they rose. “See? Aren’t you glad you came now?”

“Yes Kama, you were right. That was amazing, I’ve never seen anything like it,” Nalani laughed, stretching out her legs as they walked towards the exit. They walked the rest of the way to the gates in relative silence. Her eyelids were beginning to droop. They’d stay the night on the ship and begin to make their way home tomorrow most likely.

“Wait!” a voice cried after them before they could exit. “You nearly forgot your raffle prize!” The bogsneak from earlier manifested in the crowd, holding a plush white coat.

“I won?” Kamalei asked in surprise, taking the coat with a grin. “Thank you.” The bogsneak nodded and departed, most likely off to his stall once again.

“You’re ridiculous,” she huffed at her companion, flicking him with her tail as he slid the coat over his shoulders. They departed the festival grounds, fully fed and happy.

“I am. You had fun though, didn’t you?” Kamalei asked, claws clicking on the wood as they walked up the gangplank of the Dusk’s Call.

“I definitely did.”
Okay so I don't have any dancers quite yet (I'm looking to get some soon!), but this looked like a ton of fun and this subspecies is an awesome idea so I figured I'd join in with a few of my clan members! The dragons featured in this are Nalani and Kamalei, my clan leaders who are just trying to get a quick break from all the responsibility.

Beautiful. Nalani had expected several things from the Lanterne Festival, but she hadn’t quite anticipated the scale or beauty that she witnessed now as she and her companion entered the gates. Darkness shrouded the land like a thickly knit cloak, but lanterns hung from everything conceivable, causing the festival grounds to glow as if lit by a million fireflies. Strings had been drawn taut, lanterns hanging freely from them as they stretched from building to building. Hooks on the stalls surrounding the elegant freeway held even more of the brightly glittering light sources. There seemed to be a vendor sporting floating paper lanterns as wares capitalizing off festival-goers on every street corner.

Beside Nalani strode Kamalei, his azure eyes twinkling with excitement. Attending the festival had been his idea. He had insisted she accompanied him or Nalani never would have left the clan. Sure they had left it in Kushiel’s more than capable claws, he had founded it after all, but she was queen now. Leaving her clan behind just to have a little fun was highly irresponsible.

Kamalei nudged her side with his snout. “I can practically hear you overthinking,” he teased. She frowned. Nalani would have gladly protected her best friend with her life and his optimism was refreshing, but he could be a bit too carefree at times.

“I can’t help it. What if the clan gets attacked while I’m away? What if one of the ships wrecks? What if-”

“Those things could happen at any time and you couldn’t prevent a single one of them from occurring even if you were there. Just relax for a bit,” he said, grinning up at the lights. “Enjoy all the hard work they’re putting into holding this festival just so that dragons can come and have a good time.”

“Actually, it’s most likely being held to raise a profit,” she stated. Kamalei was right in a way though. The festival grounds were beautiful and had many different forms of entertainment, enough variety to sate nearly any guest’s want for fun. The moon was nearly at its apex now, the real fun was soon to begin.

“Shush.” Kamalei draped a wing over her head, effectively silencing her. Nalani laughed a little and tossed it off.

To their right a bogsneak of sanguine and violet hues had just finished setting up a stall and cried, “Raffle! Get your raffle tickets here! You could go home tonight with some of the most luxurious apparel Sornieth has to offer.”

Kamalei was dashing over to the stall before he had even finished speaking. Nalani sighed. Giving him all the money had seemed like an excellent idea when they had first arrived but now she was having second thoughts. As she watched, the smaller, plumper guardian removed a clawful of jangling coins and plopped it on the counter. “How many tickets can I get for this?”

The bogsneak gave them a sly grin and within a few seconds he had the coins counted and stacked. “That will be ten tickets,” he said, ripping a few off a large roll and handing them to Kamalei. “Thank you sir, we here at the House hope you enjoy tonight’s festival!”

He skipped back over to her, stuffing the tickets into his bag. “Come on, slowpoke! The show’s about to start!” he chirped, smiling like a hatchling that had just been given a hoard’s worth of candy. She just shook her head, amused, and followed him towards the theater where the show they were meant to attend was taking place.

When they arrived, a crowd had already formed around the stage and was chattering amongst itself. The guardians managed to locate their spots in the third row and take a seat. It was no easy task. There were enough dragons assembled to take down a full grown emperor. Kamalei bounced in his spot, grinning in excitement.

Suddenly, a lantern near the end of the chain strung over the theater flickered out. She didn’t think much of it, but then followed another. And another. Within the time it took to take a single breath all the lanterns over the stage were extinguished and an expectant hush fell over the crowd as they gazed at the stage, watching, waiting.

A skydancer donned in silks the shade of the night sky stepped out. She moved with a nearly feline elegance, a degree of couture that no lesser dragon could master. She raised her neck and fanned out her wings to their full length. A coatl and a pearlcatcher joined her. They moved in such sync that Nalani doubted she could have differentiated each one from the others if not for the difference in breeds.

More and more dancers joined the first three as the show went on. The stage was a thunderous crescendo of flying silks and flashing scales as the dancers twirled around one another, flawless in their utter perfection. It was easy to forget that the performance was a result of a dozen pieces moving in time to the music and not directed by a single entity.

Eventually it came to a climax, scales and wings seeming to meld together in one break-neck paced, glorious finale. The crowd rose with a roar of applause as the dancers bowed and returned backstage to congratulate one another on a job well done.

“That was brilliant!” Kamalei said with a grin as they rose. “See? Aren’t you glad you came now?”

“Yes Kama, you were right. That was amazing, I’ve never seen anything like it,” Nalani laughed, stretching out her legs as they walked towards the exit. They walked the rest of the way to the gates in relative silence. Her eyelids were beginning to droop. They’d stay the night on the ship and begin to make their way home tomorrow most likely.

“Wait!” a voice cried after them before they could exit. “You nearly forgot your raffle prize!” The bogsneak from earlier manifested in the crowd, holding a plush white coat.

“I won?” Kamalei asked in surprise, taking the coat with a grin. “Thank you.” The bogsneak nodded and departed, most likely off to his stall once again.

“You’re ridiculous,” she huffed at her companion, flicking him with her tail as he slid the coat over his shoulders. They departed the festival grounds, fully fed and happy.

“I am. You had fun though, didn’t you?” Kamalei asked, claws clicking on the wood as they walked up the gangplank of the Dusk’s Call.

“I definitely did.”
V2NoKel.gif Kalo/77/Gray
-
they/he
-
proud apologist of the vampiric and otherwise monstrous
d06f102e-8da9-11eb-95dc-fbcfa2166c2d.gif
@mmuted, @Awaas, @DemonChild77

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for entering into the festival contest. I'm happy to note that you'll each be receiving a Wildclaw, though it depends on the order. The places are as listed:

1st - DemonChild77
2nd - Awaas
3rd - mmuted

Thank you all for your wonderful stories, I really enjoyed reading them! I'll PM you when it's your turn to snag a female Wildclaw, but for now, DemonChild77, please message me about which one you would like.

Please remember to MESSAGE me about the name of your House and everything BEFORE editing the document - some people have already reserved House names so I don't want any to be taken.
@mmuted, @Awaas, @DemonChild77

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for entering into the festival contest. I'm happy to note that you'll each be receiving a Wildclaw, though it depends on the order. The places are as listed:

1st - DemonChild77
2nd - Awaas
3rd - mmuted

Thank you all for your wonderful stories, I really enjoyed reading them! I'll PM you when it's your turn to snag a female Wildclaw, but for now, DemonChild77, please message me about which one you would like.

Please remember to MESSAGE me about the name of your House and everything BEFORE editing the document - some people have already reserved House names so I don't want any to be taken.
Congrats to the other two winners! ♥
Congrats to the other two winners! ♥
UvoSPaU.pngEgSsKCP.pngsdVKhGb.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14