Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | The Labyrinthians - Lineage & Lore
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/GoMtbPg.png[/img] [columns][color=transparent]xxxx[nextcol][font=baskerville][size=4]At any given time, hundreds of rumors circulate Sornieth. All are interesting. Few are believable, and fewer are true. Rynar liked to consider himself a collector of such tales. He would spend hours listening to tavern gossip. Inebriated dragons have a fair amount to say if you're willing to listen. He stored all their tales in the back of his mind, embellishing the few he found boring. You need to be a bit of a liar to tell a good story. His listener, or rather victim, was the old bogsneak whom he helped sweep the docks every morning. As Rynar skipped down the docks, he recounted the details in his mind. The previous night was a particularly eventful evening. Most of the stories were dry. Mey bought a new skirt, Frien's pet chipskink escaped and ate his neighbor's store of plants, and Serabi lost another game of runestones. But one stood out. A traveler from the Shifting Expanse whispered of a great library buried in the midst of the desert and its denizens. Dragons that could perform miracles, he drunkenly told Rynar. Stopped sandstorms in their tracks right before his eyes and made water out of sand. Even restored his parda's missing leg. Rynar shook his head. There was no way such a story could be the truth. Nobody could change the weather or heal missing limbs. It was a good tale nonetheless. Tue would get a kick out of it. But all stories grow their roots in truth, no matter how embellished they become. Rynar would never guess just how close to it the rambling traveler came. [nextcol][color=transparent]x[nextcol][right][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38380334][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/383804/38380334.png[/img][/url][/right] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/qlUswax.png[/img][/columns] [center][font=baskerville][size=5]Welcome to the Labyrinth.
GoMtbPg.png

xxxx At any given time, hundreds of rumors circulate Sornieth. All are interesting. Few are believable, and fewer are true.

Rynar liked to consider himself a collector of such tales. He would spend hours listening to tavern gossip. Inebriated dragons have a fair amount to say if you're willing to listen. He stored all their tales in the back of his mind, embellishing the few he found boring. You need to be a bit of a liar to tell a good story.

His listener, or rather victim, was the old bogsneak whom he helped sweep the docks every morning.

As Rynar skipped down the docks, he recounted the details in his mind. The previous night was a particularly eventful evening. Most of the stories were dry. Mey bought a new skirt, Frien's pet chipskink escaped and ate his neighbor's store of plants, and Serabi lost another game of runestones. But one stood out.

A traveler from the Shifting Expanse whispered of a great library buried in the midst of the desert and its denizens. Dragons that could perform miracles, he drunkenly told Rynar. Stopped sandstorms in their tracks right before his eyes and made water out of sand. Even restored his parda's missing leg.

Rynar shook his head. There was no way such a story could be the truth. Nobody could change the weather or heal missing limbs. It was a good tale nonetheless. Tue would get a kick out of it.

But all stories grow their roots in truth, no matter how embellished they become. Rynar would never guess just how close to it the rambling traveler came.

x
38380334.png
qlUswax.png

Welcome to the Labyrinth.
V2NoKel.gif Kalo/77/Gray
-
they/he
-
proud apologist of the vampiric and otherwise monstrous
d06f102e-8da9-11eb-95dc-fbcfa2166c2d.gif
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/0EVcXA6.png[/img][/center] [font=baskerville]I'm not overly fond of rules, so let's make this short and sweet. [LIST=1] [*][b]Be kind[/b]. [*] Due to the nature of this lineage, I am [b]not[/b] taking reserves on hatchlings. [*] If needed, I can hold a dragon for you for up to 4 days if you need lair space or funds. [*] G:T ratio is 1:1000 to keep things simple. [*] Hatchlings are first come first serve. [*] Please do not spam the hatchling pinglist. On a similar note, please only ping for qualifying hatchlings. [*] Do not interbreed Labyrinthians, even if they are far enough that you can do so. This leads to unclear generation numbers. [font=baskerville]I am subscribed, but you can still ping to ensure I see your post.
0EVcXA6.png

I'm not overly fond of rules, so let's make this short and sweet.

1. Be kind.
  2. Due to the nature of this lineage, I am not taking reserves on hatchlings.
  3. If needed, I can hold a dragon for you for up to 4 days if you need lair space or funds.
  4. G:T ratio is 1:1000 to keep things simple.
  5. Hatchlings are first come first serve.
  6. Please do not spam the hatchling pinglist. On a similar note, please only ping for qualifying hatchlings.
  7. Do not interbreed Labyrinthians, even if they are far enough that you can do so. This leads to unclear generation numbers.

I am subscribed, but you can still ping to ensure I see your post.
V2NoKel.gif Kalo/77/Gray
-
they/he
-
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/nSSyrkm.png[/img][/center] [size=4][font=baskerville][b][u]Introduction:[/u][/b] The Labyrinthians are a family residing within the Labyrinth. Great power runs in their bloodline. It is their gift and curse to be able to perform miracles. Each clutch of hatchlings must go through an arduous trial in the Labyrinth's inner sanctum and training from birth to earn their magic. Each descendant's trial is different, though they share a few common aspects. Each trial begins at the edge of the inner sanctum and concludes in its heart. Every descendant must make a sacrifice in order to gain the power to perform miracles. They do not get to choose what is lost. Nasiba, for example, has muscle atrophy and lost much of her body strength, making her unfit for travel. Some examples of sacrifices are a sense (sight, hearing, taste, touch, smell), gaining of an illness, or a moral degradation. It is up to you. There are no limits as to what a sacrifice could be. The family is very tightly knit. It is only recently that Nasiba has taken a mate to spread her magic and bloodline across Sornieth. She takes the education of her descendants very seriously. However, it is ultimately up to the descendants who they will become and what uses they will put their power to. [b][u]The beginnings:[/u][/b] “Leave.” A single word, stated calmly and clearly. Its lone syllable brought a scalpel to bear. It cleaved down, slicing through Nasiba’s skin and resounding against bone. The pale-bodied pearlcatcher blinked, clutching her pearl closer to her chest. The skydancer looked her straight in the eyes. “The council has spoken. You are unworthy.” Nasiba’s tongue burned. A thousand statements, clamoring to emerge, raced through her head. [i]Unworthy of what? Why can’t the council tell me this themselves? I am not their rag to be used and thrown out when it is no longer needed.[/i] Most loudly of all, [i]Where am I to go?[/i] But he was only a messenger. Nothing she hissed or spat in his face would change her situation. Besides, she knew what happened to those that defined the council’s wishes. A dozen grisly displays of power flashed through her head. So she bit down on that little voice in her head that bellowed for justice. She choked down those bubbling retorts that so ached for just a breath. Nasiba wordlessly turned around, packed her meager belongings, and left the only home she’d ever known. Nasiba was wandering the Shifting Expanse when she crossed the path of a group of desert marauders. Many words would suit the pale pearlcatcher. Killer is not one of them. They robbed her blind. Bruised, broke, and utterly beat, she crept through the desolate sands. Hope prayed for someone, anyone to come help her. Despair whispered in her ear, [i]Nobody will[/i]. In the clan, she was a fortune teller. Knucklebones bent to her touch, misty crystal balls cleared at the slightest hint of her gaze. The wastes needed no such talents. Sun bleached sands laughed under her seer’s talons. The desert offered but one fate to wanderers lacking food or water. Death. Days passed. Nasiba’s stomach protested its neglect, her gums held as much moisture as the endless dunes. When she first saw the crumbling building enclosed in a dilapidated fence, she thought it was a creation of her respite deprived mind. Her second inclination was that if the structure was indeed real, the chances of it being uninhabited were slim. In her right mind, Nasiba likely never would’ve entered the once magnificent grounds of the Labyrinth. As it was, she was hunger addled and exhausted. She bounded towards the building after just a small pause. Clearly somebody once loved the structure that lay before her in shambles. Dead, warped trees and sparse patches of dirt were a testament to the place’s former grounds keeping. Nasiba paused, then leapt forward eagerly. Water trickled from an old irrigation spout. She greedily swallowed several mouthfuls of it. Rejuvenated, she continued on. She drew open worn stone doors and stepped into the inner sanctum. The place’s grandeur knocked her breathless. While the outside was in shambles, everything inside seemed as new as the day a dragon last stepped foot inside. A slight coat of dust was the only indicator of the passage of time. Rows upon rows of bookshelves, stretching as far as the eye could see, surrounded Nasiba. They reached to the roof, hundreds upon hundreds of feet over her head. Little orbs of light bobbed around the library. After nosing around, the pale pearlcatcher found dried foods of all kinds stored in a room. She also discovered several water taps. Rooms that once housed dragons and still contained beds lined the outskirts of the building. Nasiba couldn’t help but wonder what happened to those who built the sprawling structure. Days flickered by. Nasiba remained in the Labyrinth. She had no kin to speak of and no home to return to. Besides, she found she rather liked the queer ancient architecture and flickering wisps of light. After a time, she began to nose through the Labyrinth’s extensive collection of readings. Most of her days passed with her snout tucked in a book or scroll. The reading materials were endless. Magical arts became a passion of hers. She’d always had a knack for spells, and with ample free time she perfected most basic casting techniques. Nasiba eventually began to hunger for more than books detailing common magic. She crept farther into the great library. She explored until she found the edge. Where the library ended, a vast inner sanctum began. Several doors led into it. All lacked both doorknobs and keys. No obvious way to open them presented itself, so she busied herself with the more advanced books farther in. Nasiba mastered those in turn too. Then she found [i]it[/i]. In a chamber all its own rested a book. It didn’t seem extraordinary at first glance. In fact, she’d seen much more exotic books lining the common shelves. Yet. It had an aura she couldn’t put into words. The book radiated pure power. Nasiba was smitten. She spent days upon days reading it, devouring the text like it was a fresh sweet roll. She learned more from that one tome than she did from the entirety of the rest of the Labyrinth’s books. She understood the purpose of the Labyrinth now. It was built to house the book in her claws and the culture it served as the beating heart piece for. Nasiba took a breath and shut the tome in her claws ever so gently. She rested it back on the sole object decorating the room, a pedestal. She made for the inner sanctum. Once there, the slab still did not open. Nasiba took a breath and shut her eyes. This time she knew what to do. The book described things the likes of which she never fathomed before. Most was vague and required certain knowledge to understand. However, Nasiba managed to squeeze out what most of it related to. In the heart of the inner sanctum lay powerful magic the likes of which Sornieth had never before witnessed. The power to do the impossible, to create miracles. Enough magic to cause armies to fall at the claws of just one dragon. Nasiba had to get to it. She had to master it. She’d never longed for anything more. However, unattainable power is referred to as such for a reason. Nasiba brought her magic to bear. The slab shifted before her, grating down into a slot in the ground. In front of her stood the Labyrinth itself. An endless expanse of ever-shifting maze. She fought through spirits, puzzles, and indescribable horrors. A dragon who appeared normal on first glance, but doubled its limb count every time she blinked. A demon that caused her mind to lose all her knowledge if she looked it any of its hundreds of eyes. A hideous amalgamation of snake, horse, and phoenix that broke bones with just a hiss. It wasn’t easy. Nasiba arrived at the heart of the Labyrinth gushing blood and limping. But she made it. That was the part that mattered. The inner sanctum’s center was a temple of sorts. It featured stone statues of all eleven deities. Their cold, unblinking eyes turned to looks at Nasiba as she crossed the room to where a golden pyramid of stairs rose nearly to the ceiling. She paused at its foot. Standing in front of such a wondrous thing, it was hard not to reflect on the past… months, years, however long it had been. She lost track. It seemed a lifetime ago that she left her home and found the Labyrinth. If she crossed paths with those bandits who’d caused her so much grief now, Nasiba could vaporize them. However, she was oddly grateful to them. Their robbery led her to the Labyrinth, after all. Step by throbbing step, Nasiba ascended the stairs. Time was altered in the sanctum. It took simultaneously seconds and days to clamber up the pyramid. For a few brilliant, burning moments, she allowed herself to forget about time and simply [i]existed[/i]. Around her, dozens of wisps of every color of the rainbow swarmed. Nasiba finally rose to the top. Slowly, she sat down. The spirits swirled in a multicolored vortex. It hit her with a jolt that all her senses were off, not just her perception of time. The glimmering gold now seemed to flash to different shades. The air had no clear fragrance. Under her claws, the metal felt both hard as a diamond and plush as a well fluffed cushion. The flickering wisps began to slow. One by one, they landed on the platform and congealed into translucent figures of dragons. There shouldn’t have been enough room for all of them. They all fit anyway. Nasiba took a long breath. One of the spirits stepped forward. The figure in front of her flashed between a thousand different faces. It settled on one. The wise eyes of an elderly nocturne blinked back at her. “Little one,” they whispered. It was the chorus of a thousand voices speaking in unison. “You have come far.” “Yes,” Nasiba whispered. “Do you know who we are?” “You built this place,” she replied. The words slipped free of her mouth of their own accord. The nocturne nodded. So did the other spirits. “We are the Labyrinthians,” they said. “We have chosen you to continue our legacy.” Nasiba nodded, mutely. She did not dare to ask what happened to the spirits in front of her. She doubted the answer would be pleasant. “Are you ready?” “Yes,” Nasiba said firmly. As with everything in the sanctum heart, it was both the truest and falsest thing she ever said. In unison, the spirits threw up their snouts and let out a shrieking wail. They condensed into one large group of shimmering color. It closed in on Nasiba. Excruciating pain engulfed her. She tried to scream, but found she couldn’t. Her talons and scales dissolved before her eyes. There was naught but pain and the flashing vortex of color. When Nasiba came to consciousness again, she was laying on her bed. She blinked her eyes. The room around her looked just as the heart had. Somewhere between the mortal realm and the next. [i]Does this mean it worked? [/i] she thought giddily. Nasiba scrambled to her feet. That turned out to be a mistake. Her knees crumbled beneath her, sharp pain filling her legs. She grabbed hold of the bed and slowly staggered up. Nasiba found what she was searching for- the ability to make the impossible reality. But at what price? [u][b]The first hatch:[/b][/u] Most nights in the Labyrinth were quiet. They existed as soft, gently lit affairs filled with the sounds of old paper rustling and words tumbling through Nasiba’s head. This evening was different. Moonlight lanced through the little gaps in the wall, casting flickering shadows on the floor. Normally still, the bright orbs of color dashed and leapt all across the shelves. The spirits were restless. Nasiba shared their sentiment. It was time. She could feel it deep in her bones. Slowly, she rose to her feet. Her legs ached under her weight as she gradually made her way down the halls. After a while, a set of heavier footsteps joined her. Artenius. A wayward traveler, he wound up at the doorsteps of the Labyrinth some days ago. She suspected he would not stay for long. The wanderlust ran deep in him. Still, he had already helped Nasiba with what she needed. That was all that mattered. At long last, she arrived in the room which once served as the Labyrinth’s hatchery. Tonight, it did so once more. The moonbeams lanced down from the domed glass roof. They all focused on a single grayish egg. Electricity crackled along its shell. It glowed nearly as bright as the spirits that weaved around it. This egg and the hatchling curled inside would be the first of half a dozen. They would hatch and go through the same trial their mother did, earning for themselves the gifts of the Labyrinth. They would leave her in time. Nasiba did not need her seer’s gifts to know that. But they would return with hatchlings of their own to pass the trial, in time. A little crack split the side of the eggshell. The spirits stilled, giving the little dragon room to crawl out. Another crunch of the shell, and another jagged tear lanced down it. One final cracked laced the egg. A chunk of shell clattered down on the worn floor. Head over heels, a little pearlcatcher rolled out of the remainder of the egg. She blinked curiously at her surroundings. She possessed her father’s dusky, spotted pelt and bright purple wings. However, she shared her mother’s intelligent gaze. Nasiba took a few steps forward, gently nudging the hatchling with her nose. A flush of warmth tingled in her stomach. “Salome,” Nasiba whispered. The hatchling let out a squeak of agreement. Nasiba doted over her firstborn daughter, teaching her all the intricacies of the Labyrinth and her legacy. Salome was both a quick learner and an excellent listener. Nasiba couldn’t help but watch her progress with pride and think, [i]She’s going to make an excellent Labyrinthian.[/i] [b][u]The second hatch:[/u][/b] Farsight is by all means a gift from the heavens. Nasiba relied on it more and more by the day. But there are some things not even the gods can predict. She was curled up in her nest when she felt it. The moonlight shining through the walls and windows. She laid awake for some moments, pondering its meaning. It had to be a fluke. The nest was not due for several nights. The glowing spirits of the Labyrinth danced around her, urging Nasiba to rise. Her sight was fallible, but theirs was not. A set of footsteps accompanied hers down the hall. They were far too light to be those of Artenius. Besides, he’d departed as soon as the eggs were laid. No. The drake at Nasiba’s side was a skydancer, two sets of wings neatly folded across her back. Vinasa had arrived not long after Salome departed. Deep in her gut, Nasiba knew she would stay. Moonlight radiated down upon the three eggs gently nestled in the hatchery. The room was not quite as barren as before. Soft linens wound around the crackling eggs. Pillows were scattered wildly across the stone floor. The light shaft shifted slightly. Cracks wove down first one egg, then the one to its left, then the other. The first hatchling to tumble out was a male. His hide shared the tone of the gentle moon’s glow. He watched the multicolored spirits around him with awe. The other two eggs hatched at nearly the same moment. Two hatchlings crawled out. They were nearly identical, save for a slight difference in the shade of their scales. A little female tilted her head at the two much larger dragons before her and chirped. The male leapt at one of the flashing orbs of color and attempted to fit it in his mouth. Vinasa laughed. A smile crawled across Nasiba’s snout. These hatchlings would leave the Labyrinth too, off in search of purpose and glory. But she was alone no longer. [u][b]The third hatch:[/b][/u] On the eve of the third clutch’s hatching, a hazy blue moon smiled down upon the Labyrinth. This night was more comfortable than the previous two. For one, everything was perfectly on schedule. The eggs were due to hatch in their proper hour on their proper evening. No midnight awakenings to restless spirits. For another, Nasiba didn’t have to scramble down the hall on unwilling legs. Vinasa had prepared a nest of pillows for her in the nursery. Nasiba laid curled up on them, tail lazily flopped across her snout, as she watched the gleaming eggs at the heart of the room. It wasn’t so quiet this time around. Chatter and laughter echoed from beyond the ancient walls. A clan’s worth of life and humor filled the hollow chambers of the old citadel. This would be the birthplace of her final clutch. They would be born into the Labyrinth at its full glory. Brimming with life, love, and old mysteries to explore. These hatchlings would stay with her for a time before departing into the world. Nasiba would share a lifetime’s worth of learning with them. They would be the last of her offspring, and she would ensure they bore that legacy with pride. The flickering lights of her ancestors stilled. A crack sheared down the first of the eggs. The second followed soon after. Nasiba pulled herself free of her pillow nest and sat in front of them. A small pearlcatcher tumbled free of the first egg. She fell backwards out of it with a little chirp. Gently, Nasiba nosed her to her feet. The second hatchling righted himself. His cyan eyes followed the dancing lights above with a keen curiosity. The two of them were nearly identical, both to each other and their mother. The three bore the same wings and dark markings, though the hatchlings bore their father’s filigree rather than their mother’s opal. They were only divided by the colors of their bodies. The first hatchling bore a bluish gray; the second wore a lighter gray swirled with charcoal. Nasiba smiled down at them. They would be loved. She didn’t need a seer’s sight to foresee that. Then, after their training was concluded, they would venture into the world and spread light of their own. If you have a story written for your Labyrinthian and would like it posted here, please let me know! I'd be happy to add it (with credit of course), or post a link here if you'd prefer.
nSSyrkm.png

Introduction:

The Labyrinthians are a family residing within the Labyrinth. Great power runs in their bloodline. It is their gift and curse to be able to perform miracles. Each clutch of hatchlings must go through an arduous trial in the Labyrinth's inner sanctum and training from birth to earn their magic. Each descendant's trial is different, though they share a few common aspects. Each trial begins at the edge of the inner sanctum and concludes in its heart. Every descendant must make a sacrifice in order to gain the power to perform miracles. They do not get to choose what is lost. Nasiba, for example, has muscle atrophy and lost much of her body strength, making her unfit for travel. Some examples of sacrifices are a sense (sight, hearing, taste, touch, smell), gaining of an illness, or a moral degradation. It is up to you. There are no limits as to what a sacrifice could be.

The family is very tightly knit. It is only recently that Nasiba has taken a mate to spread her magic and bloodline across Sornieth. She takes the education of her descendants very seriously.

However, it is ultimately up to the descendants who they will become and what uses they will put their power to.

The beginnings:

“Leave.” A single word, stated calmly and clearly. Its lone syllable brought a scalpel to bear. It cleaved down, slicing through Nasiba’s skin and resounding against bone. The pale-bodied pearlcatcher blinked, clutching her pearl closer to her chest.

The skydancer looked her straight in the eyes. “The council has spoken. You are unworthy.” Nasiba’s tongue burned. A thousand statements, clamoring to emerge, raced through her head. Unworthy of what? Why can’t the council tell me this themselves? I am not their rag to be used and thrown out when it is no longer needed. Most loudly of all, Where am I to go? But he was only a messenger. Nothing she hissed or spat in his face would change her situation. Besides, she knew what happened to those that defined the council’s wishes. A dozen grisly displays of power flashed through her head.

So she bit down on that little voice in her head that bellowed for justice. She choked down those bubbling retorts that so ached for just a breath. Nasiba wordlessly turned around, packed her meager belongings, and left the only home she’d ever known.

Nasiba was wandering the Shifting Expanse when she crossed the path of a group of desert marauders. Many words would suit the pale pearlcatcher. Killer is not one of them. They robbed her blind.

Bruised, broke, and utterly beat, she crept through the desolate sands. Hope prayed for someone, anyone to come help her. Despair whispered in her ear, Nobody will.

In the clan, she was a fortune teller. Knucklebones bent to her touch, misty crystal balls cleared at the slightest hint of her gaze. The wastes needed no such talents. Sun bleached sands laughed under her seer’s talons. The desert offered but one fate to wanderers lacking food or water. Death.

Days passed. Nasiba’s stomach protested its neglect, her gums held as much moisture as the endless dunes. When she first saw the crumbling building enclosed in a dilapidated fence, she thought it was a creation of her respite deprived mind. Her second inclination was that if the structure was indeed real, the chances of it being uninhabited were slim.

In her right mind, Nasiba likely never would’ve entered the once magnificent grounds of the Labyrinth. As it was, she was hunger addled and exhausted. She bounded towards the building after just a small pause.

Clearly somebody once loved the structure that lay before her in shambles. Dead, warped trees and sparse patches of dirt were a testament to the place’s former grounds keeping. Nasiba paused, then leapt forward eagerly. Water trickled from an old irrigation spout. She greedily swallowed several mouthfuls of it.

Rejuvenated, she continued on. She drew open worn stone doors and stepped into the inner sanctum. The place’s grandeur knocked her breathless. While the outside was in shambles, everything inside seemed as new as the day a dragon last stepped foot inside. A slight coat of dust was the only indicator of the passage of time.

Rows upon rows of bookshelves, stretching as far as the eye could see, surrounded Nasiba. They reached to the roof, hundreds upon hundreds of feet over her head. Little orbs of light bobbed around the library.

After nosing around, the pale pearlcatcher found dried foods of all kinds stored in a room. She also discovered several water taps. Rooms that once housed dragons and still contained beds lined the outskirts of the building. Nasiba couldn’t help but wonder what happened to those who built the sprawling structure.

Days flickered by. Nasiba remained in the Labyrinth. She had no kin to speak of and no home to return to. Besides, she found she rather liked the queer ancient architecture and flickering wisps of light. After a time, she began to nose through the Labyrinth’s extensive collection of readings.

Most of her days passed with her snout tucked in a book or scroll. The reading materials were endless. Magical arts became a passion of hers. She’d always had a knack for spells, and with ample free time she perfected most basic casting techniques. Nasiba eventually began to hunger for more than books detailing common magic. She crept farther into the great library.

She explored until she found the edge. Where the library ended, a vast inner sanctum began. Several doors led into it. All lacked both doorknobs and keys. No obvious way to open them presented itself, so she busied herself with the more advanced books farther in. Nasiba mastered those in turn too.

Then she found it. In a chamber all its own rested a book. It didn’t seem extraordinary at first glance. In fact, she’d seen much more exotic books lining the common shelves. Yet. It had an aura she couldn’t put into words. The book radiated pure power.

Nasiba was smitten. She spent days upon days reading it, devouring the text like it was a fresh sweet roll. She learned more from that one tome than she did from the entirety of the rest of the Labyrinth’s books.

She understood the purpose of the Labyrinth now. It was built to house the book in her claws and the culture it served as the beating heart piece for.

Nasiba took a breath and shut the tome in her claws ever so gently. She rested it back on the sole object decorating the room, a pedestal. She made for the inner sanctum. Once there, the slab still did not open. Nasiba took a breath and shut her eyes. This time she knew what to do.

The book described things the likes of which she never fathomed before. Most was vague and required certain knowledge to understand. However, Nasiba managed to squeeze out what most of it related to. In the heart of the inner sanctum lay powerful magic the likes of which Sornieth had never before witnessed. The power to do the impossible, to create miracles. Enough magic to cause armies to fall at the claws of just one dragon. Nasiba had to get to it. She had to master it. She’d never longed for anything more.

However, unattainable power is referred to as such for a reason.

Nasiba brought her magic to bear. The slab shifted before her, grating down into a slot in the ground. In front of her stood the Labyrinth itself. An endless expanse of ever-shifting maze.

She fought through spirits, puzzles, and indescribable horrors. A dragon who appeared normal on first glance, but doubled its limb count every time she blinked. A demon that caused her mind to lose all her knowledge if she looked it any of its hundreds of eyes. A hideous amalgamation of snake, horse, and phoenix that broke bones with just a hiss.

It wasn’t easy. Nasiba arrived at the heart of the Labyrinth gushing blood and limping. But she made it. That was the part that mattered.

The inner sanctum’s center was a temple of sorts. It featured stone statues of all eleven deities. Their cold, unblinking eyes turned to looks at Nasiba as she crossed the room to where a golden pyramid of stairs rose nearly to the ceiling.

She paused at its foot. Standing in front of such a wondrous thing, it was hard not to reflect on the past… months, years, however long it had been. She lost track. It seemed a lifetime ago that she left her home and found the Labyrinth. If she crossed paths with those bandits who’d caused her so much grief now, Nasiba could vaporize them. However, she was oddly grateful to them. Their robbery led her to the Labyrinth, after all.

Step by throbbing step, Nasiba ascended the stairs. Time was altered in the sanctum. It took simultaneously seconds and days to clamber up the pyramid. For a few brilliant, burning moments, she allowed herself to forget about time and simply existed.

Around her, dozens of wisps of every color of the rainbow swarmed. Nasiba finally rose to the top. Slowly, she sat down. The spirits swirled in a multicolored vortex. It hit her with a jolt that all her senses were off, not just her perception of time. The glimmering gold now seemed to flash to different shades. The air had no clear fragrance. Under her claws, the metal felt both hard as a diamond and plush as a well fluffed cushion.

The flickering wisps began to slow. One by one, they landed on the platform and congealed into translucent figures of dragons. There shouldn’t have been enough room for all of them. They all fit anyway.

Nasiba took a long breath. One of the spirits stepped forward. The figure in front of her flashed between a thousand different faces. It settled on one. The wise eyes of an elderly nocturne blinked back at her. “Little one,” they whispered. It was the chorus of a thousand voices speaking in unison. “You have come far.”

“Yes,” Nasiba whispered.

“Do you know who we are?”

“You built this place,” she replied. The words slipped free of her mouth of their own accord.

The nocturne nodded. So did the other spirits. “We are the Labyrinthians,” they said. “We have chosen you to continue our legacy.” Nasiba nodded, mutely. She did not dare to ask what happened to the spirits in front of her. She doubted the answer would be pleasant. “Are you ready?”

“Yes,” Nasiba said firmly. As with everything in the sanctum heart, it was both the truest and falsest thing she ever said.

In unison, the spirits threw up their snouts and let out a shrieking wail. They condensed into one large group of shimmering color. It closed in on Nasiba. Excruciating pain engulfed her. She tried to scream, but found she couldn’t. Her talons and scales dissolved before her eyes. There was naught but pain and the flashing vortex of color.

When Nasiba came to consciousness again, she was laying on her bed. She blinked her eyes. The room around her looked just as the heart had. Somewhere between the mortal realm and the next. Does this mean it worked? she thought giddily. Nasiba scrambled to her feet. That turned out to be a mistake.

Her knees crumbled beneath her, sharp pain filling her legs. She grabbed hold of the bed and slowly staggered up.

Nasiba found what she was searching for- the ability to make the impossible reality. But at what price?

The first hatch:

Most nights in the Labyrinth were quiet. They existed as soft, gently lit affairs filled with the sounds of old paper rustling and words tumbling through Nasiba’s head. This evening was different.

Moonlight lanced through the little gaps in the wall, casting flickering shadows on the floor. Normally still, the bright orbs of color dashed and leapt all across the shelves. The spirits were restless. Nasiba shared their sentiment. It was time. She could feel it deep in her bones.

Slowly, she rose to her feet. Her legs ached under her weight as she gradually made her way down the halls. After a while, a set of heavier footsteps joined her. Artenius. A wayward traveler, he wound up at the doorsteps of the Labyrinth some days ago. She suspected he would not stay for long. The wanderlust ran deep in him. Still, he had already helped Nasiba with what she needed. That was all that mattered.

At long last, she arrived in the room which once served as the Labyrinth’s hatchery. Tonight, it did so once more. The moonbeams lanced down from the domed glass roof. They all focused on a single grayish egg. Electricity crackled along its shell. It glowed nearly as bright as the spirits that weaved around it.

This egg and the hatchling curled inside would be the first of half a dozen. They would hatch and go through the same trial their mother did, earning for themselves the gifts of the Labyrinth. They would leave her in time. Nasiba did not need her seer’s gifts to know that. But they would return with hatchlings of their own to pass the trial, in time.

A little crack split the side of the eggshell. The spirits stilled, giving the little dragon room to crawl out. Another crunch of the shell, and another jagged tear lanced down it. One final cracked laced the egg. A chunk of shell clattered down on the worn floor.

Head over heels, a little pearlcatcher rolled out of the remainder of the egg. She blinked curiously at her surroundings. She possessed her father’s dusky, spotted pelt and bright purple wings. However, she shared her mother’s intelligent gaze.

Nasiba took a few steps forward, gently nudging the hatchling with her nose. A flush of warmth tingled in her stomach. “Salome,” Nasiba whispered. The hatchling let out a squeak of agreement.

Nasiba doted over her firstborn daughter, teaching her all the intricacies of the Labyrinth and her legacy. Salome was both a quick learner and an excellent listener. Nasiba couldn’t help but watch her progress with pride and think, She’s going to make an excellent Labyrinthian.

The second hatch:

Farsight is by all means a gift from the heavens. Nasiba relied on it more and more by the day. But there are some things not even the gods can predict.

She was curled up in her nest when she felt it. The moonlight shining through the walls and windows. She laid awake for some moments, pondering its meaning. It had to be a fluke. The nest was not due for several nights. The glowing spirits of the Labyrinth danced around her, urging Nasiba to rise. Her sight was fallible, but theirs was not.

A set of footsteps accompanied hers down the hall. They were far too light to be those of Artenius. Besides, he’d departed as soon as the eggs were laid. No. The drake at Nasiba’s side was a skydancer, two sets of wings neatly folded across her back.

Vinasa had arrived not long after Salome departed. Deep in her gut, Nasiba knew she would stay.

Moonlight radiated down upon the three eggs gently nestled in the hatchery. The room was not quite as barren as before. Soft linens wound around the crackling eggs. Pillows were scattered wildly across the stone floor.

The light shaft shifted slightly. Cracks wove down first one egg, then the one to its left, then the other. The first hatchling to tumble out was a male. His hide shared the tone of the gentle moon’s glow. He watched the multicolored spirits around him with awe.

The other two eggs hatched at nearly the same moment. Two hatchlings crawled out. They were nearly identical, save for a slight difference in the shade of their scales. A little female tilted her head at the two much larger dragons before her and chirped. The male leapt at one of the flashing orbs of color and attempted to fit it in his mouth.

Vinasa laughed. A smile crawled across Nasiba’s snout. These hatchlings would leave the Labyrinth too, off in search of purpose and glory. But she was alone no longer.

The third hatch:

On the eve of the third clutch’s hatching, a hazy blue moon smiled down upon the Labyrinth. This night was more comfortable than the previous two. For one, everything was perfectly on schedule. The eggs were due to hatch in their proper hour on their proper evening. No midnight awakenings to restless spirits.

For another, Nasiba didn’t have to scramble down the hall on unwilling legs. Vinasa had prepared a nest of pillows for her in the nursery. Nasiba laid curled up on them, tail lazily flopped across her snout, as she watched the gleaming eggs at the heart of the room.

It wasn’t so quiet this time around. Chatter and laughter echoed from beyond the ancient walls. A clan’s worth of life and humor filled the hollow chambers of the old citadel.

This would be the birthplace of her final clutch. They would be born into the Labyrinth at its full glory. Brimming with life, love, and old mysteries to explore. These hatchlings would stay with her for a time before departing into the world. Nasiba would share a lifetime’s worth of learning with them. They would be the last of her offspring, and she would ensure they bore that legacy with pride.

The flickering lights of her ancestors stilled. A crack sheared down the first of the eggs. The second followed soon after.

Nasiba pulled herself free of her pillow nest and sat in front of them. A small pearlcatcher tumbled free of the first egg. She fell backwards out of it with a little chirp. Gently, Nasiba nosed her to her feet.

The second hatchling righted himself. His cyan eyes followed the dancing lights above with a keen curiosity.

The two of them were nearly identical, both to each other and their mother. The three bore the same wings and dark markings, though the hatchlings bore their father’s filigree rather than their mother’s opal. They were only divided by the colors of their bodies. The first hatchling bore a bluish gray; the second wore a lighter gray swirled with charcoal.

Nasiba smiled down at them. They would be loved. She didn’t need a seer’s sight to foresee that. Then, after their training was concluded, they would venture into the world and spread light of their own.

If you have a story written for your Labyrinthian and would like it posted here, please let me know! I'd be happy to add it (with credit of course), or post a link here if you'd prefer.
V2NoKel.gif Kalo/77/Gray
-
they/he
-
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/bFYVF5g.png[/img][/center] [columns][font=baskerville]Primary: No primary gene restrictions [b]New 1/15/22[/b]: No primary color restrictions - just have fun <3 [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[nextcol][color=transparent]xxx[nextcol][font=baskerville]Secondary: Genes: bee, blend, breakup, butterfly, constellation, eel, flair, marbled, noxtide, sarcophagus, seraph, shimmer, spinner, striation, toxin, trail No secondary color restrictions[nextcol][color=transparent]xxx[nextcol][font=baskerville]Tertiary: Genes: capsule, filigree, firefly, ghost, glimmer, glowtail, koi, opal, peacock, runes, stained, veined No tertiary color restrictions[/columns] [font=baskerville] Breed restrictions: Any and all dragon breeds are welcome. Breeding restrictions: Here things get a little tricky. Please don't hesitate to ping me if you have any questions. Every Labyrinthian only has enough magic to breed [b]one[/b] clutch of eligible hatchlings. There are three workarounds to this. You may have a second clutch of hatchlings carrying on the bloodline, but the Labyrinthian parent must be exalted. This symbolizes the draining of their magic in the process of sharing it with a second clutch. If all previous hatchlings have been exalted, the next nest is eligible to be registered. A hatchling from later clutches is also eligible for registration if it receives a rare breed/gene upgrade (3% or less chance). You may of course continue breeding your descendant after the first clutch. Their future hatchlings just won't be eligible for registration unless one of the above terms is met. Crosses between lineages are welcome. Note: Nasiba is the one exception to the one nest rule, due to her proximity to the spirits. However, I will likely only breed her 2-3 times to keep in line with the themes of this project. I'm aiming for ~6 first generation hatchlings. This is subject to change. Leveling: No leveling is required for this project. Lore restrictions: Lore is not required, but is encouraged. This project relies on everyone's creativity to thrive! For your convenience, here is a link to an AH search listing all the dragons for sale that meet this lineage's restrictions. You can refine it to your personal needs. This should hopefully help to streamline mate searches. [center][size=4][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/auction-house/buy/realm/dragons?d_body_range=74-10&d_winggene=20%2C42%2C58%2C13%2C25%2C57%2C1%2C24%2C16%2C21%2C12%2C22&d_tertgene=18%2C21%2C22%2C20%2C10%2C54%2C17%2C24%2C14%2C12%2C38&collapse=1]Potential Mates[/url][/size][/center] All descendants will be given a generation number that shows how closely related they are to Nasiba. She is generation 0, her children are generation 1, her grandchildren are generation 2, and so on. Keeping track of this number is advised.
bFYVF5g.png
Primary:

No primary gene restrictions

New 1/15/22: No primary color restrictions - just have fun <3

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxx Secondary:

Genes: bee, blend, breakup, butterfly, constellation, eel, flair, marbled, noxtide, sarcophagus, seraph, shimmer, spinner, striation, toxin, trail

No secondary color restrictions
xxx Tertiary:

Genes: capsule, filigree, firefly, ghost, glimmer, glowtail, koi, opal, peacock, runes, stained, veined

No tertiary color restrictions

Breed restrictions:

Any and all dragon breeds are welcome.

Breeding restrictions:

Here things get a little tricky. Please don't hesitate to ping me if you have any questions.

Every Labyrinthian only has enough magic to breed one clutch of eligible hatchlings. There are three workarounds to this. You may have a second clutch of hatchlings carrying on the bloodline, but the Labyrinthian parent must be exalted. This symbolizes the draining of their magic in the process of sharing it with a second clutch. If all previous hatchlings have been exalted, the next nest is eligible to be registered. A hatchling from later clutches is also eligible for registration if it receives a rare breed/gene upgrade (3% or less chance).

You may of course continue breeding your descendant after the first clutch. Their future hatchlings just won't be eligible for registration unless one of the above terms is met.

Crosses between lineages are welcome.

Note: Nasiba is the one exception to the one nest rule, due to her proximity to the spirits. However, I will likely only breed her 2-3 times to keep in line with the themes of this project. I'm aiming for ~6 first generation hatchlings. This is subject to change.

Leveling:

No leveling is required for this project.

Lore restrictions:

Lore is not required, but is encouraged. This project relies on everyone's creativity to thrive!

For your convenience, here is a link to an AH search listing all the dragons for sale that meet this lineage's restrictions. You can refine it to your personal needs. This should hopefully help to streamline mate searches.

All descendants will be given a generation number that shows how closely related they are to Nasiba. She is generation 0, her children are generation 1, her grandchildren are generation 2, and so on. Keeping track of this number is advised.
V2NoKel.gif Kalo/77/Gray
-
they/he
-
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/wxi0ZWq.png[/img][/center] [columns][color=transparent]img here[nextcol][font=baskerville][color=transparent]hatchling # gen# prim-sec-tert gene-gene-gene lightning gender kt/g[/columns]
wxi0ZWq.png

img here hatchling #
gen#

prim-sec-tert
gene-gene-gene
lightning

kt/g

V2NoKel.gif Kalo/77/Gray
-
they/he
-
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/5BcLB1i.png[/img][/center] [font=baskerville][size=5]Generation 0 - The Bloodbearer: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38380334][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/383804/38380334.png[/img][/url] Generation 1: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=64011846][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/640119/64011846.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=64390803][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/643909/64390803.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=64390804][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/643909/64390804.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64817310][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/648174/64817310.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64817309][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/648174/64817309.png[/img][/url] Generation 2: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64829785][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/648298/64829785.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66222552][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/662226/66222552.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69360767][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/693608/69360767.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69360768][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/693608/69360768.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69360765][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/693608/69360765.png[/img][/url] [quote name="Registration Form"]@Kalorin My dragon is ready to be registered! Dragon name: Generation #: Lore (optional): BBC Code:[/quote]
5BcLB1i.png

Generation 0 - The Bloodbearer:

38380334.png

Generation 1:

64011846.png64390803.png64390804.png64817310.png64817309.png

Generation 2:

64829785.png66222552.png69360767.png69360768.png69360765.png

Registration Form wrote:
@Kalorin
My dragon is ready to be registered!
Dragon name:
Generation #:
Lore (optional):
BBC Code:
V2NoKel.gif Kalo/77/Gray
-
they/he
-
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/3CnsIzH.png[/img][/center] [quote=Pinglist]@Kalorin @WolfandCrow @ElliotKin @Silvestri @Jaspernoir @Snowsilver @Lumos427 @Nanosaur @awaicu @Andelice @dragongem23 @Hyzenthlaay @pokemoncha @girlinthechair @BlueEternity @hyddenchyld [/quote] [font=baskerville]Bio button: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2908817][img]http://i.imgur.com/zsW10l9.png[/img][/url] [code][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2908817][img]http://i.imgur.com/zsW10l9.png[/img][/url][/code] Affiliate banner: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2908817][img]http://i.imgur.com/FvkF67Y.png[/img][/url] [code][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2908817][img]http://i.imgur.com/FvkF67Y.png[/img][/url] [/code] Banners & buttons by me Assets by [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2257922]Poisonedpaper[/url]
3CnsIzH.png

Bio button:

zsW10l9.png

Code:
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2908817][img]http://i.imgur.com/zsW10l9.png[/img][/url]

Affiliate banner:

FvkF67Y.png
Code:
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2908817][img]http://i.imgur.com/FvkF67Y.png[/img][/url]

Banners & buttons by me
Assets by Poisonedpaper
V2NoKel.gif Kalo/77/Gray
-
they/he
-
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/morXCji.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drt/2640609/1][img]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/255862a7-585c-426e-bcdb-3c8c43841b50/dd0xxlj-e6994994-92da-4f44-8358-7866bd181278.png[/img][/url][/center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2751714/1][img]https://i.imgur.com/keKX5FL.png[/img][/url] [font=baskerville] Ping me with your banner if you'd like to be affiliates!
morXCji.png

dd0xxlj-e6994994-92da-4f44-8358-7866bd181278.png

keKX5FL.png

Ping me with your banner if you'd like to be affiliates!
V2NoKel.gif Kalo/77/Gray
-
they/he
-
reserve
reserve
V2NoKel.gif Kalo/77/Gray
-
they/he
-