Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Plague Subspecies] Necromancers
1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 235 236
@reotheleo I can't take her, but I just wanted to say that she looks beautiful with her blue eyes!
@reotheleo I can't take her, but I just wanted to say that she looks beautiful with her blue eyes!
@Pebz @reotheleo Alivda has been registered! Sorry for the delay!

@Horseleech You've been added to the pinglists! If you're interested there are Necros currently up for sale here!

@Hmm Oh wow wow I love your lore for Virosa! The chronicling of her trials just pulls you in and the details you've added really brings the scene to life. I also love the line "This is Mother now" and the scene where she conquers her familiar. What a great addition to the Necro lore!

@Ref Of course! The Necro lore is free for anyone to use and incorporate as they'd like. :) You should post to the thread when you're done with his lore, I'd love to read it!

@Kava Zindiker's lore is soooo good! It's so interesting the way his arrogance and his fear battles it out inside him. I love the way he kinda gets stuck with the little skydancer, and how he goes from irritation to grudging fondness with them, haha. And you even had a Ghoul cameo! That was a great touch. Can't wait to read more! Also, I've updated the breeding registry with Zindiker's and Darah's pairing.
@Pebz @reotheleo Alivda has been registered! Sorry for the delay!

@Horseleech You've been added to the pinglists! If you're interested there are Necros currently up for sale here!

@Hmm Oh wow wow I love your lore for Virosa! The chronicling of her trials just pulls you in and the details you've added really brings the scene to life. I also love the line "This is Mother now" and the scene where she conquers her familiar. What a great addition to the Necro lore!

@Ref Of course! The Necro lore is free for anyone to use and incorporate as they'd like. :) You should post to the thread when you're done with his lore, I'd love to read it!

@Kava Zindiker's lore is soooo good! It's so interesting the way his arrogance and his fear battles it out inside him. I love the way he kinda gets stuck with the little skydancer, and how he goes from irritation to grudging fondness with them, haha. And you even had a Ghoul cameo! That was a great touch. Can't wait to read more! Also, I've updated the breeding registry with Zindiker's and Darah's pairing.
@@@mHwnQKP.png @@@ 3idolon.gif
@
@
General Interest Pinglist:
@TheCell @Mnkn10 @Hexingisfun @Lukas1997 @Kava @Shadari @Moonseed @Halua @Agonist @Minona @SashaFiredrake @knockoutbd @Pebz @kmrikkari @Balam @StDuke @Bara2684 @reotheleo @VuittonVampire @foxghosts @EssayOfThoughts @Horseleech

Hi all! Sorry for my recent absence, I worked a 60 hour week and was just exhausted. Two orders of business!

1) There have been calls for a lore/art pinglist. Can I get an official count of who would like to be added to a list for lore and art updates?

2) The new eye update! It seems to me that the new eyes could be incorporated into Necro lore, especially Multi-vision, Plague Primal, and Glowing eyes. Are there any ideas for what this lore might be like? I'd love to gather ideas and maybe add it to the main lore post. Please shower me with suggestions!
General Interest Pinglist:
@TheCell @Mnkn10 @Hexingisfun @Lukas1997 @Kava @Shadari @Moonseed @Halua @Agonist @Minona @SashaFiredrake @knockoutbd @Pebz @kmrikkari @Balam @StDuke @Bara2684 @reotheleo @VuittonVampire @foxghosts @EssayOfThoughts @Horseleech

Hi all! Sorry for my recent absence, I worked a 60 hour week and was just exhausted. Two orders of business!

1) There have been calls for a lore/art pinglist. Can I get an official count of who would like to be added to a list for lore and art updates?

2) The new eye update! It seems to me that the new eyes could be incorporated into Necro lore, especially Multi-vision, Plague Primal, and Glowing eyes. Are there any ideas for what this lore might be like? I'd love to gather ideas and maybe add it to the main lore post. Please shower me with suggestions!
@@@mHwnQKP.png @@@ 3idolon.gif
@
@
@3idolon I’d be interested in a lore pinglist! I was kind of toying with the different eye types being blessings from Plaguebringer. I gave Locke Rare eyes and I’m just gonna say she blessed him with special eyes to reflect his powers or something like that. It’s definitely a work in progress. Maybe dragons with Multi-Gaze are better at having visions of the future and things like that? Dragons with Primal eyes can conjure particularly strong diseases?

There’s a lot that can be done with them!
@3idolon I’d be interested in a lore pinglist! I was kind of toying with the different eye types being blessings from Plaguebringer. I gave Locke Rare eyes and I’m just gonna say she blessed him with special eyes to reflect his powers or something like that. It’s definitely a work in progress. Maybe dragons with Multi-Gaze are better at having visions of the future and things like that? Dragons with Primal eyes can conjure particularly strong diseases?

There’s a lot that can be done with them!
fWKq08u.gif
Made by kerise
@3idolon I'd be interested in those pinglists too! Multi-gaze is full of opportunities. I could see necromancers with it being seen as even more of an extension of PB- being her "eyes"

Plague primal seems like something that would deem one of them as a failure (not fighting off the plague completely) and would fit with a necroservus... Or possibly these dragons fill a sort of classic blind seer role?
@3idolon I'd be interested in those pinglists too! Multi-gaze is full of opportunities. I could see necromancers with it being seen as even more of an extension of PB- being her "eyes"

Plague primal seems like something that would deem one of them as a failure (not fighting off the plague completely) and would fit with a necroservus... Or possibly these dragons fill a sort of classic blind seer role?
@kmrikkari

If dergs are born with certain eyes or acquire them via the trials would be interesting to note as well, like how the Thylacine and secondary genes are considered to be an artifact of being infected at the Wyrmwound. I'll definitely have to do some brainstorming this weekend. I'm excited!

@3idolon I would also like to be on the lore/art pinglist
@kmrikkari

If dergs are born with certain eyes or acquire them via the trials would be interesting to note as well, like how the Thylacine and secondary genes are considered to be an artifact of being infected at the Wyrmwound. I'll definitely have to do some brainstorming this weekend. I'm excited!

@3idolon I would also like to be on the lore/art pinglist
plague_flight_banner_by_dinocyanide-d8tx18y.png
@3idolon I would love to be on a lore/art pinglist!!

Primal could be a mark of favor from the Plaguebringer herself? Or they could be seen as her ‘chosen ones,’ like to be her closest servants or messenger or simply to spread her greatest plagues.
@3idolon I would love to be on a lore/art pinglist!!

Primal could be a mark of favor from the Plaguebringer herself? Or they could be seen as her ‘chosen ones,’ like to be her closest servants or messenger or simply to spread her greatest plagues.
antlers_left_by_broqentoys-dcsi472.png X
Call me Six
Aromantic • Asexual • Agender
they/them
antlers_right_by_broqentoys-dcsi46w.png
@3idolon

LORE!?!? I'd love to be on a lore pinglist!
@3idolon

LORE!?!? I'd love to be on a lore pinglist!
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Other stuff
My Levelling Service
My Stock the Pond Pairs
Plague Subspecies Masterlist
Formatting is pain
You found this by accident
@3idolon

Please help me find a home for him!!
@3idolon

Please help me find a home for him!!
UZVTEBc.png
@3idolon

Yes to lore/art pinglist.

As for the eyes however... I have issues with the eyes system as it is right now. The best ones are rare and manifest in really small proportions, and then, further, what about Necromancers born to other clans, with earth or fire eyes not with plague? How does that play in? While plague primal eyes might be signs of the Plaguebringer's blessing, the chance of them on a Necromancer is small, and what does it then mean if they're a Necroservus or even a Ghoul? And what does it mean if you have a Necromancer who's got fire primal eyes or shadow or nature?

I think there's got to be a lot of considerations there beyond just the rareness and random aspects and I don't know it'd necessarily work easily? I have enough trouble just as it is working lore for my Aerugosanguis, as an Earthborn Priest of Plague living in a Fire Clan - what would it mean if he had earth primal eyes as well? That he was marked by the Earthshaker only to choose the Plaguebringer while living in the Flamecaller's lands? It's hard enough to balance it as it is, I dread to think what it could become if the lore has it that the eyes do end up reflecting aspects of the dragon's relationship to the deity.

I think it would probably be easier if instead of being signs of blessing by the deity, they truly are random (as per the fact they're picked by RNG) and that they indicate latent magical bonds to their element of birth and that deity. However: it's latent, not active. They aren't chosen by the deity, they simply have an easier time using their elemental magic and getting the attention of their deity.

Then, within that, you could have lore as to which eye sets are most prized by Plaguelands clans:
  • With the various darknesses of elemental coloured eyes (Common, Uncommon, Unusual), the darker the colour it could indicate the stronger the bond to the magics of their birth element. This doesn't mean they're chosen, just that they have a stronger bond to those spells and have an easier time using them than others of the same element.
  • Oddly shaded eyes however (the Rare eye type) could instead be an ability to see beyond - and see beyond what is interpreted differently by every clan. Are they seers? Scryers? Clairvoyants, mediums? Or does it mean they can see beyond petty disputes, see beyond the expectations of their element, see the perspective of others, see where the Deities reside? Up to interpretation and personal clan beliefs. But regardless: they work beyond simply their birth element - which is why Rare lightning eyes have a touch of brown, Rare Plague a touch of green, Rare earth are black, and why some are very intensely their own element's colours. They're submerged in it and it's magic in a way that others are not and so they see differently, beyond even what the Common-Unusual eyes experience with their close bond to the element of their birth.
  • Faceted Eyes have insectoid qualities which might be prized in clans with high rates of Wasp and Bee genes, or which focus on natural aspects of the decomposition process where insects get involved: for them, these eyes are an indication that they are closer to the principles their clan lives by.
  • Multi-Gaze Eyes are something that I think would be treated variously in various clans of various elements. Some Flights are more ok with it most notably Plague, while others fear it (I'll list those further below). So obviously Multi-Gaze on a Necromancer of any birth element is considered a great thing - and some Plagueborn may even consider it a sign that a dragon should attempt the Trials to become a Necromancer.
  • Primal Eyes are... where it gets complicated. Plague Primal is of course Maximum Plague, but I think its more considered a sign of great latent Plague Magic (and perhaps a good reason to attempt the trials) more than an inherent and Given blessing by the Plaguebringer. Those Necromancers with Primal eyes are considered amongst the greatest, of course, because they were born with an incredible link and have only furthered it and served it all their lives buuuut this has it's own set of meanings when a Necromancer was born to a different Flight and has those Primal eyes (as above, I'm going to go into this more in a bit).
  • Glowing Eyes could be a sign of great blessing (and, as it is a thing which can be added specifically) its something that is a specifically Given thing, it indicates that they are personally blessed by their elemental deity - which could have knockon effects for Necromancers of other alignments than Plague; it means their birth deity respects the path they've chosen and may lend their magic to their power as a Necromancer giving their abilities a new scope or new potential.

Okay, so: interpretations of Multi-Eyes and how they vary from Flight to Flight:

Before we go: This isn't going to reflect the way players of each Flight feel about different eyes, it's just to provide a pragmatic reason why each Flight may like or dislike the trait.

LIKES Multi Eyes:
  • Arcane because it means they can see more of magic and other things.
  • Plague obviously enough adores them, as they are a mutation from the norm and mutation and disease are Big Themes for their Flight.
  • Shadow may like them because more eyes mean they are better able to see in the darkness giving them an advantage over their kin in playing games and helps their Clan as a whole against others. They're advantageous to have around.
  • Water likes them due to the association of eyes and mysteries and visions of the future. Multi-Eyes are sometimes trained specifically as Seers from an early age due to this. Further, living in water being able to see in all directions is even more useful than it is for most dragons as they can see threats coming from above or below or even behind with greater ease.
  • Wind where the sheer necessity of moving in all directions means it helps to have eyes looking in every direction, and further it helps with seeing where to go and mapping places to visit.
DISLIKES Multi-Eyes:
  • Earth because of the waste of extra eyes when you're digging or mining and the damage that might be done to them just accidentally scraping your side against a rough wall as you go when your side also has eyes on it.
  • Fire because those eyes would mean more that has to be protected from the fire and smoke, from stone chips and metal sparks. As with Earth, its one more thing to become irritated.
  • Ice because of the glare on the snow and ice in their region leaves those with many eyes or sensitive eyes open to being easily blinded which is Not Good.
NEUTRAL to Multi-Eyes:
  • Light may like them because they can look more into the Light, may see more, but also may dislike them because they may see too much, be blinded, or in Seeing and seeking truth they may See truth from other perspectives - and create lies.
  • Nature may dislike them because because of opposition to Plague ... but others may respect it as it means you can see all around you in a dangerous jungle and see it as a hope between Plague and Nature.
  • Lightning I think are just straight neutral. Just make sure you've got goggles for all of your eyes and they're ok.

I'm open to debates on these. It's quite possible that Flights all see both positives and negatives for each and that it varies clan to clan, but this is just the ideas which sprung out at me.

Now: the debate over Primal eyes. I'm gonna specifically talk Primal Eyes of each Flight as viewed by Plagueborn dragons with regards to Necromancers because that's easier than doing the WHOLE hullaballoo with regards to all flights and everything else. I'm working on, as I said above, the idea that Primal eyes aren't a specific blessing given unto dragons by the deity of their birth element, but the sign of a greater than average link to the magic of their birth element.

These aren't dragons who were born to one clan, chosen by their deity and then rejected them for the Plaguebringer. They're dragons with a close link to their birth element and who combine this magic with the blessings gained through becoming Necromancers and serving the Plaguebringer to do something else.

Okay:

PRIMAL EYES:
  • Earth Primal Eyes are appreciated. Earth dragons are strong - like Earth - and they have a strong immune system. For one to take the Plague in the first trial alone is unusual and for one to become a full-fledged Necromancer indicates strength of will and a true desire to serve the Plaguebringer. Further: their magic allows them to reinforce the immune systems of others, they are more Healing focussed than some other Necromancers, as that's where their strength lies. To have one in your clan indicates that not only has a dragon given up the home of their birth to live with yours, but that their mere presence strengthens your clan and that, as they are a Necromancer, your resistance to plagues which may kill is Her very will - she has decided that you and yours have a right to survive.
  • Plague Primal Eyes are the most loved the most respected. These are the eyes of dragons who were born to the Flight and who embraced their close tie to their magic and to their deity. If they ask to become a Necromancer not one is turned away; the only question is how far through the trials they will progress, if at all. Many - some may even say most - survive, but this is not consistent and there are a few Primal-Eyed Ghouls out there, often used as horror stories for Plagueborn hatchlings as to what will happen if they turn their back on their deity and Her gifts.
  • Wind Primal Eyes confuse many. They look eerie, yes, but what they indicate is not eerie at all; some may say it is a rejection of the Plaguebringer's gifts. These eyes carry wind with them, a cleansing air which brushes away the miasma of sickness that clings to many. Like Earth Primals they are skilled at healing, but this is more out of necessity than strength - that wind which blows away sickness can also carry pollen which may set off hayfever, or even strip away diseases which a hatchling should become immune to long before adulthood. Many Wind Primals have weak immune systems, and for them to become a Necromancer shows considerable strength. Nonetheless many Plagueborn find it an odd choice for a Windborn to make and treat Windborn Necromancers with wariness.
  • Water Primal Eyes are just plain weird. And not the good proper Plague weirdness of disease, decay, rot and the cycle of life. They're just weird. This isn't a bad thing though. While the odd currents of ... tears? that swirl from the eyes are water, in a Necromancer they are vectors for infection just as much as a means by which a Waterborn Necromancer may immunise your clan to disease. Further, some consider the ever-swirling tears and yet continued work of Waterborn Necromancers to be more than just a sign of dedication to the Plaguebringer and their clan, but also a sign of the respect they pay to the dead and dying, carrying and expressing the pain that others may be hesitant to be open with. As such, Waterborn Primal Necromancers often double as clan therapists and counsellors, easing minds as much as bodies.
  • Lightning Primal Eyes are seen both ways: on the one hand, the energy is strong and can destroy disease, on the other hand the lightning of their eyes can be used to shock the dying back into life or even to shock the living into the dead. They are a liminal space and liminal creatures, and a Lightningborn Necromancer with Primal eyes is a creature which should never be crossed, their clan should never be threatened as they will pull dragons to life as readily as push them from it, not just by the gifts granted them by the Plaguebringer, but by their close tie to the element of their birth.
  • Ice Primal Eyes are feared. Necromancers with these eyes are more than just the bearers of the Plaguebringer's will, they can also carry within them diseases of far more danger or scope than any other. Diseases die without a host. Some diseases need to stay active in a host to survive. Some dangerous diseases die out, because they kill so well. None of these is a problem with a Necromancer who can freeze the diseases and carry them with them, ready for use, without the disease killing itself in it's desperation to survive. Worse: these diseases are ones which may be a mystery to any Necromancer who tries to treat them, making it all the harder to save the subjects of an Iceborn Primal Necromancer's wrath.
  • Shadow Primal Eyes are the Bearers of Void and it is they who carry not just disease but also creeping fungi which can dig their mycelium into the muscles and lungs of a dragon and use them as hosts or choke them to death. Expert Shadowborn Necromancers can already use the spores of fungi from their home region to devastating effect, unsurprisingly those more closely tied to their element can produce even more dangerous combinations of fungus and disease - variants on Cordyceps, for example, which have been used in battles to wipe out entire clans.
  • Light Primal Eyes tend to get a hissing response from many Plagueborn. Something so bright and so blinding, something which sees through all, which can burn, though not as fire does and burn out disease without burning the disease's host. Lightborn Necromancers are unusual enough as it is; most Lightborn with such bonds are content to simply See truths more deeply and stay within their Flight, but some few turn to the Plaguebringer, whom they see as a bearer of a different truth. They follow Her avidly and with eager readiness, and have been known to act in ways with no apparent explanation only to attribute their reasoning to their new-chosen deity.
  • Arcane Primal Eyes are considered the sign of an experimenter, and a dangerous one at that. Lost in magic they may use it to create diseases that... aren't diseases, that serve to help dragons (regrowing skin, strengthening the immune system, diseases which do not kill or do harm but which... help) and many consider Arcaneborn Necromancers to be borderline at best, with their constant experiments as though they wish to warp the very meaning of Plague and Plaguebringer into something which embraces all and not only those clever or strong enough to find a way to survive. Some welcome them of course - they are Necromancers, blessed by Her hand, and arguably their cleverness and service to their clan can be seen as serving the Plaguebinger's expectations, but they are still... odd.
  • Nature Primal Eyes are for dragons both loved and hated. On the one hand they are Nature, the Plague's eternal opponent. On the other hand, Natureborn Necromancers who have embraced the Plaguebringer have come over to the right side, Natureborn with the Primal eyes have plants woven into their flesh, they are of pain and disease just as much as any Plagueborn. They grow strong and they grow with their clans, developing as they go. Many distrust Natureborn Necromancers, especially Primals, thinking they will return to the Flight of their birth, but their clans adore them and consider them true dedicants to the Plaguebringer.
  • Fire Primal Eyes are a sign of rage, of disease burned out, of... no one quite knows what. What does it mean when a creature who's very eyes could burn out any disease chooses to embrace disease instead? To embrace the Plaguebringer? Fireborn Necromancers are a rarity, Primals rarer still and they are known for creating diseases which embrace a burning fever and thrive in it, making it hard for a Necromancer of another flight, let alone an ordinary dragon to fight the disease off.
@3idolon

Yes to lore/art pinglist.

As for the eyes however... I have issues with the eyes system as it is right now. The best ones are rare and manifest in really small proportions, and then, further, what about Necromancers born to other clans, with earth or fire eyes not with plague? How does that play in? While plague primal eyes might be signs of the Plaguebringer's blessing, the chance of them on a Necromancer is small, and what does it then mean if they're a Necroservus or even a Ghoul? And what does it mean if you have a Necromancer who's got fire primal eyes or shadow or nature?

I think there's got to be a lot of considerations there beyond just the rareness and random aspects and I don't know it'd necessarily work easily? I have enough trouble just as it is working lore for my Aerugosanguis, as an Earthborn Priest of Plague living in a Fire Clan - what would it mean if he had earth primal eyes as well? That he was marked by the Earthshaker only to choose the Plaguebringer while living in the Flamecaller's lands? It's hard enough to balance it as it is, I dread to think what it could become if the lore has it that the eyes do end up reflecting aspects of the dragon's relationship to the deity.

I think it would probably be easier if instead of being signs of blessing by the deity, they truly are random (as per the fact they're picked by RNG) and that they indicate latent magical bonds to their element of birth and that deity. However: it's latent, not active. They aren't chosen by the deity, they simply have an easier time using their elemental magic and getting the attention of their deity.

Then, within that, you could have lore as to which eye sets are most prized by Plaguelands clans:
  • With the various darknesses of elemental coloured eyes (Common, Uncommon, Unusual), the darker the colour it could indicate the stronger the bond to the magics of their birth element. This doesn't mean they're chosen, just that they have a stronger bond to those spells and have an easier time using them than others of the same element.
  • Oddly shaded eyes however (the Rare eye type) could instead be an ability to see beyond - and see beyond what is interpreted differently by every clan. Are they seers? Scryers? Clairvoyants, mediums? Or does it mean they can see beyond petty disputes, see beyond the expectations of their element, see the perspective of others, see where the Deities reside? Up to interpretation and personal clan beliefs. But regardless: they work beyond simply their birth element - which is why Rare lightning eyes have a touch of brown, Rare Plague a touch of green, Rare earth are black, and why some are very intensely their own element's colours. They're submerged in it and it's magic in a way that others are not and so they see differently, beyond even what the Common-Unusual eyes experience with their close bond to the element of their birth.
  • Faceted Eyes have insectoid qualities which might be prized in clans with high rates of Wasp and Bee genes, or which focus on natural aspects of the decomposition process where insects get involved: for them, these eyes are an indication that they are closer to the principles their clan lives by.
  • Multi-Gaze Eyes are something that I think would be treated variously in various clans of various elements. Some Flights are more ok with it most notably Plague, while others fear it (I'll list those further below). So obviously Multi-Gaze on a Necromancer of any birth element is considered a great thing - and some Plagueborn may even consider it a sign that a dragon should attempt the Trials to become a Necromancer.
  • Primal Eyes are... where it gets complicated. Plague Primal is of course Maximum Plague, but I think its more considered a sign of great latent Plague Magic (and perhaps a good reason to attempt the trials) more than an inherent and Given blessing by the Plaguebringer. Those Necromancers with Primal eyes are considered amongst the greatest, of course, because they were born with an incredible link and have only furthered it and served it all their lives buuuut this has it's own set of meanings when a Necromancer was born to a different Flight and has those Primal eyes (as above, I'm going to go into this more in a bit).
  • Glowing Eyes could be a sign of great blessing (and, as it is a thing which can be added specifically) its something that is a specifically Given thing, it indicates that they are personally blessed by their elemental deity - which could have knockon effects for Necromancers of other alignments than Plague; it means their birth deity respects the path they've chosen and may lend their magic to their power as a Necromancer giving their abilities a new scope or new potential.

Okay, so: interpretations of Multi-Eyes and how they vary from Flight to Flight:

Before we go: This isn't going to reflect the way players of each Flight feel about different eyes, it's just to provide a pragmatic reason why each Flight may like or dislike the trait.

LIKES Multi Eyes:
  • Arcane because it means they can see more of magic and other things.
  • Plague obviously enough adores them, as they are a mutation from the norm and mutation and disease are Big Themes for their Flight.
  • Shadow may like them because more eyes mean they are better able to see in the darkness giving them an advantage over their kin in playing games and helps their Clan as a whole against others. They're advantageous to have around.
  • Water likes them due to the association of eyes and mysteries and visions of the future. Multi-Eyes are sometimes trained specifically as Seers from an early age due to this. Further, living in water being able to see in all directions is even more useful than it is for most dragons as they can see threats coming from above or below or even behind with greater ease.
  • Wind where the sheer necessity of moving in all directions means it helps to have eyes looking in every direction, and further it helps with seeing where to go and mapping places to visit.
DISLIKES Multi-Eyes:
  • Earth because of the waste of extra eyes when you're digging or mining and the damage that might be done to them just accidentally scraping your side against a rough wall as you go when your side also has eyes on it.
  • Fire because those eyes would mean more that has to be protected from the fire and smoke, from stone chips and metal sparks. As with Earth, its one more thing to become irritated.
  • Ice because of the glare on the snow and ice in their region leaves those with many eyes or sensitive eyes open to being easily blinded which is Not Good.
NEUTRAL to Multi-Eyes:
  • Light may like them because they can look more into the Light, may see more, but also may dislike them because they may see too much, be blinded, or in Seeing and seeking truth they may See truth from other perspectives - and create lies.
  • Nature may dislike them because because of opposition to Plague ... but others may respect it as it means you can see all around you in a dangerous jungle and see it as a hope between Plague and Nature.
  • Lightning I think are just straight neutral. Just make sure you've got goggles for all of your eyes and they're ok.

I'm open to debates on these. It's quite possible that Flights all see both positives and negatives for each and that it varies clan to clan, but this is just the ideas which sprung out at me.

Now: the debate over Primal eyes. I'm gonna specifically talk Primal Eyes of each Flight as viewed by Plagueborn dragons with regards to Necromancers because that's easier than doing the WHOLE hullaballoo with regards to all flights and everything else. I'm working on, as I said above, the idea that Primal eyes aren't a specific blessing given unto dragons by the deity of their birth element, but the sign of a greater than average link to the magic of their birth element.

These aren't dragons who were born to one clan, chosen by their deity and then rejected them for the Plaguebringer. They're dragons with a close link to their birth element and who combine this magic with the blessings gained through becoming Necromancers and serving the Plaguebringer to do something else.

Okay:

PRIMAL EYES:
  • Earth Primal Eyes are appreciated. Earth dragons are strong - like Earth - and they have a strong immune system. For one to take the Plague in the first trial alone is unusual and for one to become a full-fledged Necromancer indicates strength of will and a true desire to serve the Plaguebringer. Further: their magic allows them to reinforce the immune systems of others, they are more Healing focussed than some other Necromancers, as that's where their strength lies. To have one in your clan indicates that not only has a dragon given up the home of their birth to live with yours, but that their mere presence strengthens your clan and that, as they are a Necromancer, your resistance to plagues which may kill is Her very will - she has decided that you and yours have a right to survive.
  • Plague Primal Eyes are the most loved the most respected. These are the eyes of dragons who were born to the Flight and who embraced their close tie to their magic and to their deity. If they ask to become a Necromancer not one is turned away; the only question is how far through the trials they will progress, if at all. Many - some may even say most - survive, but this is not consistent and there are a few Primal-Eyed Ghouls out there, often used as horror stories for Plagueborn hatchlings as to what will happen if they turn their back on their deity and Her gifts.
  • Wind Primal Eyes confuse many. They look eerie, yes, but what they indicate is not eerie at all; some may say it is a rejection of the Plaguebringer's gifts. These eyes carry wind with them, a cleansing air which brushes away the miasma of sickness that clings to many. Like Earth Primals they are skilled at healing, but this is more out of necessity than strength - that wind which blows away sickness can also carry pollen which may set off hayfever, or even strip away diseases which a hatchling should become immune to long before adulthood. Many Wind Primals have weak immune systems, and for them to become a Necromancer shows considerable strength. Nonetheless many Plagueborn find it an odd choice for a Windborn to make and treat Windborn Necromancers with wariness.
  • Water Primal Eyes are just plain weird. And not the good proper Plague weirdness of disease, decay, rot and the cycle of life. They're just weird. This isn't a bad thing though. While the odd currents of ... tears? that swirl from the eyes are water, in a Necromancer they are vectors for infection just as much as a means by which a Waterborn Necromancer may immunise your clan to disease. Further, some consider the ever-swirling tears and yet continued work of Waterborn Necromancers to be more than just a sign of dedication to the Plaguebringer and their clan, but also a sign of the respect they pay to the dead and dying, carrying and expressing the pain that others may be hesitant to be open with. As such, Waterborn Primal Necromancers often double as clan therapists and counsellors, easing minds as much as bodies.
  • Lightning Primal Eyes are seen both ways: on the one hand, the energy is strong and can destroy disease, on the other hand the lightning of their eyes can be used to shock the dying back into life or even to shock the living into the dead. They are a liminal space and liminal creatures, and a Lightningborn Necromancer with Primal eyes is a creature which should never be crossed, their clan should never be threatened as they will pull dragons to life as readily as push them from it, not just by the gifts granted them by the Plaguebringer, but by their close tie to the element of their birth.
  • Ice Primal Eyes are feared. Necromancers with these eyes are more than just the bearers of the Plaguebringer's will, they can also carry within them diseases of far more danger or scope than any other. Diseases die without a host. Some diseases need to stay active in a host to survive. Some dangerous diseases die out, because they kill so well. None of these is a problem with a Necromancer who can freeze the diseases and carry them with them, ready for use, without the disease killing itself in it's desperation to survive. Worse: these diseases are ones which may be a mystery to any Necromancer who tries to treat them, making it all the harder to save the subjects of an Iceborn Primal Necromancer's wrath.
  • Shadow Primal Eyes are the Bearers of Void and it is they who carry not just disease but also creeping fungi which can dig their mycelium into the muscles and lungs of a dragon and use them as hosts or choke them to death. Expert Shadowborn Necromancers can already use the spores of fungi from their home region to devastating effect, unsurprisingly those more closely tied to their element can produce even more dangerous combinations of fungus and disease - variants on Cordyceps, for example, which have been used in battles to wipe out entire clans.
  • Light Primal Eyes tend to get a hissing response from many Plagueborn. Something so bright and so blinding, something which sees through all, which can burn, though not as fire does and burn out disease without burning the disease's host. Lightborn Necromancers are unusual enough as it is; most Lightborn with such bonds are content to simply See truths more deeply and stay within their Flight, but some few turn to the Plaguebringer, whom they see as a bearer of a different truth. They follow Her avidly and with eager readiness, and have been known to act in ways with no apparent explanation only to attribute their reasoning to their new-chosen deity.
  • Arcane Primal Eyes are considered the sign of an experimenter, and a dangerous one at that. Lost in magic they may use it to create diseases that... aren't diseases, that serve to help dragons (regrowing skin, strengthening the immune system, diseases which do not kill or do harm but which... help) and many consider Arcaneborn Necromancers to be borderline at best, with their constant experiments as though they wish to warp the very meaning of Plague and Plaguebringer into something which embraces all and not only those clever or strong enough to find a way to survive. Some welcome them of course - they are Necromancers, blessed by Her hand, and arguably their cleverness and service to their clan can be seen as serving the Plaguebinger's expectations, but they are still... odd.
  • Nature Primal Eyes are for dragons both loved and hated. On the one hand they are Nature, the Plague's eternal opponent. On the other hand, Natureborn Necromancers who have embraced the Plaguebringer have come over to the right side, Natureborn with the Primal eyes have plants woven into their flesh, they are of pain and disease just as much as any Plagueborn. They grow strong and they grow with their clans, developing as they go. Many distrust Natureborn Necromancers, especially Primals, thinking they will return to the Flight of their birth, but their clans adore them and consider them true dedicants to the Plaguebringer.
  • Fire Primal Eyes are a sign of rage, of disease burned out, of... no one quite knows what. What does it mean when a creature who's very eyes could burn out any disease chooses to embrace disease instead? To embrace the Plaguebringer? Fireborn Necromancers are a rarity, Primals rarer still and they are known for creating diseases which embrace a burning fever and thrive in it, making it hard for a Necromancer of another flight, let alone an ordinary dragon to fight the disease off.
MercyFangsButton2.png IzGiMOB.png 100x100Symbol.png No one can live your life for you. That means they can't tell you who you are - what you are - either. Question others. Question yourself. Come to your own conclusions.

??? Pronouns. UK Time.
1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 235 236