Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Lovecraft Lore Codes [resource]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
02/12/23 Change Log:
  • Added a preliminary stab at a dictionary of common terms to the front
  • Unlinked retired pairs and replaced their coli images with tentacles
  • Removed a mysterious color=#20274b that was in 80% of the bios?
  • Added /color that was missing within links of most entries
  • Relinked and added new links to entries referenced within other entries
  • Updated Antiquarians to be more gender friendly. Removed all references to Past and Antiquity. Also changed "Elder Gods" to "Great Old Ones" (while not technically wrong, it was less contextual)
  • Rewrote part of Azathoth to match the tone of later entries
  • Updated Cthulhu's epitath of "The Sleeper" to "The Dreamer" to match the Rhan-Tegoth entry. Also corrected the spelling of "Sornieth"
  • Fixed spelling of "Sornieth" in From Beyond
  • Fixed spelling of "Sornieth" in Hypnos x2
  • Shortened the quote for Keziah Mason
  • Fixed spelling of "Sornieth" in the Moon Bog
  • Fixed spelling of "Sornieth" in Necronomicon
  • Updated Nyarlathotep to say "Sornieth's gods" instead of "lesser gods" (since they were "earth's gods" in the original text)
  • In R'lyeh, removed the unnecessary quotation marks around "Great Old One." Also fixed the spelling of Sornieth
  • Changed "Outer Ones" to "Outer Gods" in Rue d'Auseil
  • Removed reference to Past from Scenic Dunwich
  • Fixed a typo in Shoggoths (said "Great Old Ones" instead of "Elder Things")
  • Fixed "Old Ones and Outer Gods" to simply say "Great Old Ones" in Starry Wisdom
  • Fixed the spelling of "Sornieth" in Yog-Sothoth
02/12/23 Change Log:
  • Added a preliminary stab at a dictionary of common terms to the front
  • Unlinked retired pairs and replaced their coli images with tentacles
  • Removed a mysterious color=#20274b that was in 80% of the bios?
  • Added /color that was missing within links of most entries
  • Relinked and added new links to entries referenced within other entries
  • Updated Antiquarians to be more gender friendly. Removed all references to Past and Antiquity. Also changed "Elder Gods" to "Great Old Ones" (while not technically wrong, it was less contextual)
  • Rewrote part of Azathoth to match the tone of later entries
  • Updated Cthulhu's epitath of "The Sleeper" to "The Dreamer" to match the Rhan-Tegoth entry. Also corrected the spelling of "Sornieth"
  • Fixed spelling of "Sornieth" in From Beyond
  • Fixed spelling of "Sornieth" in Hypnos x2
  • Shortened the quote for Keziah Mason
  • Fixed spelling of "Sornieth" in the Moon Bog
  • Fixed spelling of "Sornieth" in Necronomicon
  • Updated Nyarlathotep to say "Sornieth's gods" instead of "lesser gods" (since they were "earth's gods" in the original text)
  • In R'lyeh, removed the unnecessary quotation marks around "Great Old One." Also fixed the spelling of Sornieth
  • Changed "Outer Ones" to "Outer Gods" in Rue d'Auseil
  • Removed reference to Past from Scenic Dunwich
  • Fixed a typo in Shoggoths (said "Great Old Ones" instead of "Elder Things")
  • Fixed "Old Ones and Outer Gods" to simply say "Great Old Ones" in Starry Wisdom
  • Fixed the spelling of "Sornieth" in Yog-Sothoth
Celeana.gifZ90Qjk6.pngkqQwOfO.gif lV1AgF0.gif

....Celeana.gif.... yLXYjDO.pngZ90Qjk6.pngkqQwOfO.gif
@Gormanghaste @teimywimey

The new lore thread is officially open! I'm still tidying some things up, but all of the entries are updated, corrected, and relinked! You can see a list of corrections to the bios up one post if you were curious (mostly I can't spell Sornieth correctly to save my life).

I have also given it a fancy new name (because sometimes people get it confused with our sales thread, haha). It is now the Pan-Sorniethic Compendium of Unutterable Truths or Pansorndium for short.

Among other changes, I have added a post for commonly used terms. I have defined some things that confused me when I first started reading Lovecraft, plus some fun cross-over stuff with Sornieth lore. Feel free to suggest words for me to define or topics for me to describe. I might add some lists to that post, too (people? places? monsters?).

Also, let me know if you catch any typos/ bad links/ general Lovecraft mistakes! Feel free to comment on this thread, since I have plenty of reserved posts.

Now that I finally finished off this transition, I can catch up on the bios for Zoogs and Tempest Mountain. Plus we are probably overdue for some new pair voting.

Enjoy your weekend!
@Gormanghaste @teimywimey

The new lore thread is officially open! I'm still tidying some things up, but all of the entries are updated, corrected, and relinked! You can see a list of corrections to the bios up one post if you were curious (mostly I can't spell Sornieth correctly to save my life).

I have also given it a fancy new name (because sometimes people get it confused with our sales thread, haha). It is now the Pan-Sorniethic Compendium of Unutterable Truths or Pansorndium for short.

Among other changes, I have added a post for commonly used terms. I have defined some things that confused me when I first started reading Lovecraft, plus some fun cross-over stuff with Sornieth lore. Feel free to suggest words for me to define or topics for me to describe. I might add some lists to that post, too (people? places? monsters?).

Also, let me know if you catch any typos/ bad links/ general Lovecraft mistakes! Feel free to comment on this thread, since I have plenty of reserved posts.

Now that I finally finished off this transition, I can catch up on the bios for Zoogs and Tempest Mountain. Plus we are probably overdue for some new pair voting.

Enjoy your weekend!

I looove Kadath,Necronomicon (Trickilicky) is also really cool!
I looove Kadath,Necronomicon (Trickilicky) is also really cool!
CL4Q71Y.png
@Sassibirb I've added you! [emoji=new friend size=1]
@Sassibirb

I've added you!

[size=1]@Gormanghaste @teimywimey @alliram @Barrdwing @Gwythaint @Runewander @CorvusIgnis @Delldor @Spooce @DIOsama @Wraith296 @lungbarrows @Osprey72 @VonGacy[/size] Hello! I am pinging you here because you either: [indent]a) are on our lore pinglist or b) purchased one of our Zoog dragons from the Lovecraft Hatchery before their lore was completed.[/indent] I just wanted to let you all know that I have finally finished coding their bios. You can check it out [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3206098/5#post_53287708][color=purple]here[/url]. As always, feel free to use (or ignore) it as much as you want. I hope you have a nice weekend! [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
@Gormanghaste @teimywimey @alliram
@Barrdwing @Gwythaint @Runewander @CorvusIgnis @Delldor @Spooce @DIOsama @Wraith296 @lungbarrows @Osprey72 @VonGacy

Hello! I am pinging you here because you either:

a) are on our lore pinglist or

b) purchased one of our Zoog dragons from the Lovecraft Hatchery before their lore was completed.

I just wanted to let you all know that I have finally finished coding their bios. You can check it out here. As always, feel free to use (or ignore) it as much as you want.

I hope you have a nice weekend!

Hey all! You're getting pinged here because

a) you are on our lore update pinglist

b) you bought a dragon from our Tempest Mountain pair before the bios were finished

I wanted to let you know that the codes for the lore bios can be found at this post.

If you don't want the lore, that is perfectly fine! But if this was something you were waiting for, please feel free to use it and adapt it in any way you wish. Thank you!

@Gormanghaste @teimywimey @alliram @ShadowLessHC98 @Stanzascale @Lightcottage

@Gwythaint @BirdWings @Folded @Wrath @AsylumBat @Osprey72 @Yhtill @ErebusValkyrie @sacredpools @kerrschtein
Hey all! You're getting pinged here because

a) you are on our lore update pinglist

b) you bought a dragon from our Tempest Mountain pair before the bios were finished

I wanted to let you know that the codes for the lore bios can be found at this post.

If you don't want the lore, that is perfectly fine! But if this was something you were waiting for, please feel free to use it and adapt it in any way you wish. Thank you!

@Gormanghaste @teimywimey @alliram @ShadowLessHC98 @Stanzascale @Lightcottage

@Gwythaint @BirdWings @Folded @Wrath @AsylumBat @Osprey72 @Yhtill @ErebusValkyrie @sacredpools @kerrschtein

Thank you! [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
Thank you!
Untitled95_20210219194231.png
forgot to bump this after I updated Quest of Iranon, oops Also added the pinglist button! [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/5ueM0Ue.png[/img][nextcol][pinglist=3204][nextcol][img]https://i.imgur.com/A8EcsV7.png[/img][/columns]
forgot to bump this after I updated Quest of Iranon, oops

Also added the pinglist button!
5ueM0Ue.png A8EcsV7.png

ooh! as a fan of weird fiction and cosmic horror alike, i am LIVING for this!!

are you planning to stick purely to Lovecraft's stories for lore, or are you open to taking some inspiration from other author's works? such as Robert W. Chambers' The King In Yellow?
ooh! as a fan of weird fiction and cosmic horror alike, i am LIVING for this!!

are you planning to stick purely to Lovecraft's stories for lore, or are you open to taking some inspiration from other author's works? such as Robert W. Chambers' The King In Yellow?

Proud to be autistic!
They/She/He Pronouns
FR+0
Dragon Sales
Wishlist
~~ Co-Owner of FrostLeaf Hatchery ~~
Proud member of the Hellebores grove!
~~ uArsNIY.png
@Polty Sorry for the late answer! I have been trying to stick to just Lovecraft, since a lot of the mythos contradicts itself. I guess the inconsistency would make "sense," in a way, since these things are supposed to be indescribable horrors??? But it makes it harder to write fake encyclopedia entries, haha. That said, I will probably hint more at [i]King in Yellow[/i] when I get around to rebooting our old Hastur pair. [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
@Polty

Sorry for the late answer!

I have been trying to stick to just Lovecraft, since a lot of the mythos contradicts itself. I guess the inconsistency would make "sense," in a way, since these things are supposed to be indescribable horrors??? But it makes it harder to write fake encyclopedia entries, haha.

That said, I will probably hint more at King in Yellow when I get around to rebooting our old Hastur pair.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8