Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [MJ2021]Butterfly Effect Poetry Contest!
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23 24
[I]Hello little Miths! I'd like to offer up a poem to the Wind! Judges: @Sinjin @Storygeek @SunnyShowers [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Sommar [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 568394 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Stormgold [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 68036129 [b]Dragon Poet Image:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68036129][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/680362/68036129_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Nick or Nail [b]Entry Title:[/b] The smallest thing most loathe to die [b]Entry: [/b] Churning, crushing, hopes are fading Harshly hissing winds on wings Shielding, trying, wings are ripping Sails are yielding, wind-besieged. Storm is ruling, ruin promised, Kites are crashing, far to roost; Dawn is distant, summon courage Clouds are circling, lightning looms All hope fails at scent of ozone Stench of harshly stinging skin Stomach churns as sea approaches Promise looms of drown and doom Then rising up from wells of memories Are the hopes most loath to die One last try through one last anguish, Tattered wings that strain to fly One last push, one last defiance I hear your voice sigh on the breeze; 'Harken hopes and yield no courage, Hopes are last of all to cease'. One last defiance, one last wish I've missed your voice, please stay with me. One last crash through walls of whirlwind Then skies cleare up And night is free.
Hello little Miths! I'd like to offer up a poem to the Wind!
Judges: @Sinjin @Storygeek @SunnyShowers

FR Player Name: Sommar
FR Player ID#: 568394
Dragon Poet's Name: Stormgold
Dragon Poet's ID#: 68036129

Dragon Poet Image:
68036129_350.png

Entry Category: Nick or Nail
Entry Title: The smallest thing most loathe to die

Entry:

Churning, crushing, hopes are fading
Harshly hissing winds on wings
Shielding, trying, wings are ripping
Sails are yielding, wind-besieged.
Storm is ruling, ruin promised,
Kites are crashing, far to roost;
Dawn is distant, summon courage
Clouds are circling, lightning looms
All hope fails at scent of ozone
Stench of harshly stinging skin
Stomach churns as sea approaches
Promise looms of drown and doom

Then rising up from wells of memories
Are the hopes most loath to die
One last try through one last anguish,
Tattered wings that strain to fly
One last push, one last defiance
I hear your voice sigh on the breeze;
'Harken hopes and yield no courage,
Hopes are last of all to cease'.
One last defiance, one last wish
I've missed your voice, please stay with me.
One last crash through walls of whirlwind

Then skies cleare up

And night is free.
After submitting his entry, the earlybird spiral who arrived with a swarm of Shifting Expanse miths falls into banter with his cohort that's only half intelligible to other dragons around. Going by the phrases that contain the most Draconic it appears to be a joking argument over the fairness of repurposing old schoolwork even if it fits the required meter. A few minutes later a geartoggle smith with a sheet of parchment (and appreciative glance toward Cedar's headwear) detaches from the cluster and approaches the judges' table. [I]Hello fellow Miths! I'd like to offer up a poem to the Wind! Judges: @Sinjin @Storygeek @SunnyShowers [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] sockmonkeygerald [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 266129 [b][s]Dragon[/s] Mith Poet's Name:[/b] Tordnir [b]Poet's friend's ID#:[/b] 62652628 [b]Mith Poet (and friend) Image:[/b] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/33201.png[/img][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62652628][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/626527/62652628.png[/img][/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Small but Mighty [b]Entry Title:[/b] Compound Kith [b]Entry: [/b] Miths are a myth, they say (they're a myth) They keep to themselves, they don't share their gifts So if any eye spies a drake in their midst, The answer must be, "He's a myth." Miths don't know color (they say with a sniff) They think of all eyes as elementless Shape is what shows the soul (the pith), Even though dragons say that's a myth. Miths only care about miths, they say (just miths) Them accepting a drake's a ridiculous twist Yet regardless which is asked the obvious, The answer will be, "He's a mith."
After submitting his entry, the earlybird spiral who arrived with a swarm of Shifting Expanse miths falls into banter with his cohort that's only half intelligible to other dragons around. Going by the phrases that contain the most Draconic it appears to be a joking argument over the fairness of repurposing old schoolwork even if it fits the required meter.

A few minutes later a geartoggle smith with a sheet of parchment (and appreciative glance toward Cedar's headwear) detaches from the cluster and approaches the judges' table.

Hello fellow Miths! I'd like to offer up a poem to the Wind!

FR Player Name: sockmonkeygerald
FR Player ID#: 266129
Dragon Mith Poet's Name: Tordnir
Poet's friend's ID#: 62652628

Mith Poet (and friend) Image:
33201.png62652628.png

Entry Category: Small but Mighty
Entry Title: Compound Kith

Entry:

Miths are a myth, they say (they're a myth)
They keep to themselves, they don't share their gifts
So if any eye spies a drake in their midst,
The answer must be, "He's a myth."

Miths don't know color (they say with a sniff)
They think of all eyes as elementless
Shape is what shows the soul (the pith),
Even though dragons say that's a myth.

Miths only care about miths, they say (just miths)
Them accepting a drake's a ridiculous twist
Yet regardless which is asked the obvious,
The answer will be, "He's a mith."
cloudbear familiar adopt (links to free resource)why does align right not work fit fit fit fit fit okHobbes dragon plushie (links to breeding pairs)
[columns] Artemis doesn't respond right away to the Dragons -and the Mith- ready to hand in their poems. She's engrossed in quietly reading and rereading the entries that have already been submitted. But when she doesn't hear the sweet and joyful tones of Isabella or Mistriss Mith she looks up from her papers. With a small frown of confusion she looks around and behind her. Even Cedar and everyone's collective Uncle seemed to be busy elsewhere. So Artemis clears her throat and takes the new entries in hand. @Sommar Artemis smiles gently at the white-winged Imperial's poem. "A simple truth, in what is perhaps the best format for simple truths. A strong beginning indeed." She taps the title of the poem with a nod then sorts it with the accepted entries. With a gesture to the Crescendo twisting nearby Artemis adds: "I will be certain to show this to Poesia when I am done here. She adores all poetry of course, but if you were to cut her I imagine her blood would splatter out a haiku." She says with an amused hum. Then she turns her attention to the koi-scaled Imperial. As Artemis reads the entry her wings start vibrating a melodic, steady hum. Afterwards she looks up at the poet. "I do not know if you were intending this to this to be a song or not, but I yearn to hear these words given voice in song. It carries the steady beat and fearful emotion of a stampeding horse." Artemis seems impressed as she puts it aside. @sockmonkeygerald Artemis buzzes happily in greeting to her fellow Mith poet. "I am gladdened to see hear that old school-demanded material is finding new life. It is practical to salvage your arrows if you can." She reads through the poem with an entertained smile, but afterwards she taps the category thoughtfully. "I'll log this as an entry into "Small but Mighty" as you say, but let someone know if you'd prefer it to be entered into "Just a Mith". As that is our humour category and seems relevant to your body of text." With that she puts the poem aside. --- "Also, our dear Uncle Opa would likely have me remind entrants of the certificate..." She looks around frowning, before picking up a scroll of a pile. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2982666/1#post_46718316]"...I suspect this is the one."[/url] It's takes a moment for her to log all the information in, but she gets it done. Eventually. Then Artemis sets herself back down comfortably to reread the newest entries. [nextcol] [img]https://i.imgur.com/HvZ2CXA.png[/img] [/columns]
Artemis doesn't respond right away to the Dragons -and the Mith- ready to hand in their poems. She's engrossed in quietly reading and rereading the entries that have already been submitted.
But when she doesn't hear the sweet and joyful tones of Isabella or Mistriss Mith she looks up from her papers.
With a small frown of confusion she looks around and behind her. Even Cedar and everyone's collective Uncle seemed to be busy elsewhere.
So Artemis clears her throat and takes the new entries in hand.

@Sommar
Artemis smiles gently at the white-winged Imperial's poem.
"A simple truth, in what is perhaps the best format for simple truths. A strong beginning indeed." She taps the title of the poem with a nod then sorts it with the accepted entries.
With a gesture to the Crescendo twisting nearby Artemis adds:
"I will be certain to show this to Poesia when I am done here. She adores all poetry of course, but if you were to cut her I imagine her blood would splatter out a haiku." She says with an amused hum.

Then she turns her attention to the koi-scaled Imperial.
As Artemis reads the entry her wings start vibrating a melodic, steady hum.
Afterwards she looks up at the poet.
"I do not know if you were intending this to this to be a song or not, but I yearn to hear these words given voice in song.
It carries the steady beat and fearful emotion of a stampeding horse." Artemis seems impressed as she puts it aside.

@sockmonkeygerald
Artemis buzzes happily in greeting to her fellow Mith poet.
"I am gladdened to see hear that old school-demanded material is finding new life. It is practical to salvage your arrows if you can." She reads through the poem with an entertained smile, but afterwards she taps the category thoughtfully.
"I'll log this as an entry into "Small but Mighty" as you say, but let someone know if you'd prefer it to be entered into "Just a Mith". As that is our humour category and seems relevant to your body of text." With that she puts the poem aside.

---

"Also, our dear Uncle Opa would likely have me remind entrants of the certificate..." She looks around frowning, before picking up a scroll of a pile.
"...I suspect this is the one." It's takes a moment for her to log all the information in, but she gets it done.
Eventually.
Then Artemis sets herself back down comfortably to reread the newest entries.
HvZ2CXA.png
cQS6PnX.pngOxagJgG.pngGnG2dVt.pngaQTk6ad.png
[columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/22939124][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/229392/22939124p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][quote=Michel]Salutations, Miths, on this lovely day. I have come to present a sonnet, written by our clan's resident historian [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/51219705]Cliele[/url] for her sweetheart [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/20537559]Cecily[/url]. She assures me that she's much too busy to attend herself, but I think she may truly have just a bit of stage fright.[/quote] [/columns] [i]Hello little Miths! I'd like to offer up a poem to the Wind! Judges: @Sinjin @Storygeek @SunnyShowers [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Scatterspark [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 158524 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Cliele [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 51219705 [b]Dragon Poet Image:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/51219705][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/512198/51219705_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Butterfly Kisses [b]Entry Title:[/b] Snowflake Sonnet [b]Entry:[/b] My love would not remind you of the spring: Pale winter lingers in her eyes and dress. Sun's warmth to her does not appear to cling; She brings with her the chill of snow's caress. My love cannot harmonize with the birds; No music in her husky voice delights. Nor would you think her talented with words, So clumsy are the poems that she writes. And yet my heart is warmed by her dear smile As springtime sun awakes a sleeping tree. Her playfulness and spirit bright beguile; The blossom of my love is sweet to me. The garden that my love and I will grow Is springtime kept beneath her coat of snow.
22939124p.png
Michel wrote:
Salutations, Miths, on this lovely day. I have come to present a sonnet, written by our clan's resident historian Cliele for her sweetheart Cecily. She assures me that she's much too busy to attend herself, but I think she may truly have just a bit of stage fright.

FR Player Name: Scatterspark
FR Player ID#: 158524
Dragon Poet's Name: Cliele
Dragon Poet's ID#: 51219705

Dragon Poet Image:
51219705_350.png

Entry Category: Butterfly Kisses
Entry Title: Snowflake Sonnet

Entry:
My love would not remind you of the spring:
Pale winter lingers in her eyes and dress.
Sun's warmth to her does not appear to cling;
She brings with her the chill of snow's caress.

My love cannot harmonize with the birds;
No music in her husky voice delights.
Nor would you think her talented with words,
So clumsy are the poems that she writes.

And yet my heart is warmed by her dear smile
As springtime sun awakes a sleeping tree.
Her playfulness and spirit bright beguile;
The blossom of my love is sweet to me.

The garden that my love and I will grow
Is springtime kept beneath her coat of snow.
event-sig-small-4.png
[columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/22939124][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/229392/22939124p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][quote=Michel]Another poem for your consideration, dear Miths: this is one of my own composing, based upon a true story. I humbly request that you hold any applause for the end... er, which shouldn't take long, as it's only a haiku.[/quote] [/columns] [i]Hello little Miths! I'd like to offer up a poem to the Wind! Judges: @Sinjin @Storygeek @SunnyShowers [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Scatterspark [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 158524 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Michele [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 22939124 [b]Dragon Poet Image:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/22939124][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/229392/22939124_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] The Butterfly Effect [b]Entry Title:[/b] That Was Expensive [b]Entry:[/b] Accidental bump, Mother's vase tumbles, shatters. Ten thousand gems... ouch.
22939124p.png
Michel wrote:
Another poem for your consideration, dear Miths: this is one of my own composing, based upon a true story. I humbly request that you hold any applause for the end... er, which shouldn't take long, as it's only a haiku.

FR Player Name: Scatterspark
FR Player ID#: 158524
Dragon Poet's Name: Michele
Dragon Poet's ID#: 22939124

Dragon Poet Image:
22939124_350.png

Entry Category: The Butterfly Effect
Entry Title: That Was Expensive

Entry:
Accidental bump,
Mother's vase tumbles, shatters.
Ten thousand gems... ouch.
event-sig-small-4.png
[I]A small fae hurries over to submit her poem, the books she carries thumping against her side with each movement. As she approaches, she adjusts the flower crown resting on her head--a nervous habit. She hesitates before handing a page of parchment covered in neat, curly writing to the Miths standing before her. “Hello little Miths! I’d like to offer up a poem to the wind!” Although her voice is monotonous, as faes’ usually are, her crests twitch in an anxious manner. Judges: @Sinjin @Storygeek @SunnyShowers [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] TigerLily009 [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 542708 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Spica [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 64653814 [b]Dragon Poet Image:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64653814][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/646539/64653814_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Butterfly Kisses [b]Entry Title:[/b] Wisps [b]Entry: [/b] I’ve always thought that mornings were like wisps But I never knew quite how to say it Although, I suppose wisps come out at night So perhaps that word doesn’t fit I’ve always loved and hated words: My decision goes to and fro Some days, I harness their power and make stories Some nights, I just let my tears flow I’ve always been surrounded by words-- Words and life and love Love I’ll never know the meaning of For no words describe it well enough I’ve always thought that it was all right If I never understood a sunrise But lately, I can’t figure out What’s me, and what’s just the skies I’ve always thought I’d know the words To say when fires burned bright The words to drown the ignorant soldiers When orange clashed with night I’ve always thought I was far away From the sunrises wanting to come along Alas, again, I’ve been fooled and deceived For now a sunrise sings me a song I’ve always thought I’d know how to hide When cold threatened to freeze my tears Instead, I lay alone, exposed to the wind As the sounds of goodbyes fill my ears I’ve always thought I knew so many things I’ve always thought they said love finds a way I’ve always thought I could save things that weren’t even real I’ve always thought that they would stay…
A small fae hurries over to submit her poem, the books she carries thumping against her side with each movement. As she approaches, she adjusts the flower crown resting on her head--a nervous habit. She hesitates before handing a page of parchment covered in neat, curly writing to the Miths standing before her.

“Hello little Miths! I’d like to offer up a poem to the wind!” Although her voice is monotonous, as faes’ usually are, her crests twitch in an anxious manner.

FR Player Name: TigerLily009
FR Player ID#: 542708
Dragon Poet's Name: Spica
Dragon Poet's ID#: 64653814

Dragon Poet Image:
64653814_350.png

Entry Category: Butterfly Kisses
Entry Title: Wisps

Entry:

I’ve always thought that mornings were like wisps
But I never knew quite how to say it
Although, I suppose wisps come out at night
So perhaps that word doesn’t fit

I’ve always loved and hated words:
My decision goes to and fro
Some days, I harness their power and make stories
Some nights, I just let my tears flow

I’ve always been surrounded by words--
Words and life and love
Love I’ll never know the meaning of
For no words describe it well enough

I’ve always thought that it was all right
If I never understood a sunrise
But lately, I can’t figure out
What’s me, and what’s just the skies

I’ve always thought I’d know the words
To say when fires burned bright
The words to drown the ignorant soldiers
When orange clashed with night

I’ve always thought I was far away
From the sunrises wanting to come along
Alas, again, I’ve been fooled and deceived
For now a sunrise sings me a song

I’ve always thought I’d know how to hide
When cold threatened to freeze my tears
Instead, I lay alone, exposed to the wind
As the sounds of goodbyes fill my ears

I’ve always thought I knew so many things
I’ve always thought they said love finds a way
I’ve always thought I could save things that weren’t even real
I’ve always thought that they would stay…
O2P3OGf.png
♦ She/her
♦ Pings and private messages are welcome
♦ No random friend requests, please
♦ Someday, I'll figure out my clan's lore... probably...
Fz6gBO0.png
[columns][center][color=#13420c] [color=transparent]____[/color]@Scatterspark Isabella with a giggle began clapping. "[i]Ahh! Such a poem of love! The oppositeness of it! So wonderfully expressed! She shouldn't have gotten stage fright. It's amazing![/I]" The pink Mith gave a slight sniff. Before taking the second scroll with a blink" "[i]Oh! You need a hug! Accidents are horrible things![/I]" After saying so she gave him a hug in a pink flutter. Pulling back while turning more pink. "[I]They've been recorded! Have you picked up your [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2982666/1#post_46718316]Poet Certificate[/url][/I]?" [emoji=gust size=1] [color=transparent]____[/color]@TigerLily009 The pink Mith large eyes filled with tear. "[i]Oh! That is some poem. And that last line Thank you for sharing!" Blinking rapidly she smiled. "[I]It's been recorded! Have you picked up your [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2982666/1#post_46718316]Poet Certificate[/url][/I]?" [nextcol][img]https://i.imgur.com/GMHSXxU.png[/img][/columns]

____@Scatterspark

Isabella with a giggle began clapping.

"Ahh!
Such a poem of love!
The oppositeness of it!
So wonderfully expressed!
She shouldn't have gotten stage fright.
It's amazing!
"

The pink Mith gave a slight sniff.
Before taking the second scroll with a blink"

"Oh!
You need a hug!
Accidents are horrible things!
"

After saying so she gave him a hug in a pink flutter.
Pulling back while turning more pink.

"They've been recorded!
Have you picked up your Poet Certificate
?"

____@TigerLily009

The pink Mith large eyes filled with tear.
"Oh!
That is some poem.
And that last line
Thank you for sharing!"

Blinking rapidly she smiled.

"It's been recorded!
Have you picked up your Poet Certificate
?"

GMHSXxU.png
8oOETBT.png Z85Oomo.png Game!
Wishlist
bN7rFE2.png 50307145.png Star a
Dragon
N24Y7nO.png
A tundra steps into the clearing, breathing a sigh of relief as he spots the miths still fluttering about. "Ah, good. I made it in time." He makes his way to a judge and opens his mouth to speak, but hesitates. He shifts his wings. "My work is demanding." He begins. "But long ago, a wind dragon taught me the joys of art and breeze. I hear your winds are harsher, these days." He pulls out a scroll. "So a poem, for those windswept and battered." He blinks. "Ah! The words. I will say them." The tundra clears his throat. [I]Hello little Miths! I'd like to offer up a poem to the Wind! Judges: @Sinjin @Storygeek @SunnyShowers [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Lethia [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 177312 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Brandybuck [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 68208079 [b]Dragon Poet Image:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68208079][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/682081/68208079_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Nick or Nail [b]Entry Title:[/b] To the Lost Traveler [b]Entry: [/b] Something strange can be said, about those nicks of time. Those tricks of time. Those lick quick splits of time. You can never know, really How the bells will chime When swift winds blow through with no reason or rhyme. Was it really one moment That determined your course? One mistake, one decision the source Of all your hopelessness, wandering and quiet remorse? "Nothing's ever so static!" Laughs the wild winds of fate- "Doesn't matter how you got here If your wings still fly straight!" In your feathers there's a wind! Taste the change on the breeze Sure you might flinch at falling, but your heart still believes. So raise your head, take a breath Brace yourself, play it smart Risk a thousand times a failure, For that one shot at a good start.
A tundra steps into the clearing, breathing a sigh of relief as he spots the miths still fluttering about.
"Ah, good. I made it in time."
He makes his way to a judge and opens his mouth to speak, but hesitates. He shifts his wings.
"My work is demanding." He begins. "But long ago, a wind dragon taught me the joys of art and breeze. I hear your winds are harsher, these days." He pulls out a scroll. "So a poem, for those windswept and battered."

He blinks. "Ah! The words. I will say them." The tundra clears his throat.

FR Player Name: Lethia
FR Player ID#: 177312
Dragon Poet's Name: Brandybuck
Dragon Poet's ID#: 68208079

Dragon Poet Image:
68208079_350.png

Entry Category: Nick or Nail
Entry Title: To the Lost Traveler

Entry:

Something strange can be said,
about those nicks of time.
Those tricks of time.
Those lick quick splits of time.

You can never know, really
How the bells will chime
When swift winds blow through with
no reason or rhyme.

Was it really one moment
That determined your course?
One mistake, one decision the source
Of all your hopelessness, wandering
and quiet remorse?

"Nothing's ever so static!"
Laughs the wild winds of fate-
"Doesn't matter how you got here
If your wings still fly straight!"

In your feathers there's a wind!
Taste the change on the breeze
Sure you might flinch at falling,
but your heart still believes.

So raise your head, take a breath
Brace yourself, play it smart
Risk a thousand times a failure,
For that one shot
at a good start.
desperately looking for pm me I have gemsaaaaa
xx1knga1e.png
[I]Teren approaches the judges slowly but confidently. He has a serious look behind his spectacles, but does not seem unkind. Once he has the judges' attention and has introduced himself, he takes his time declaiming his poem, pronouncing every work carefully. Judges: @Sinjin @Storygeek @SunnyShowers [/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Krawald [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 519364 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Teren [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 64875616 [b]Dragon Poet Image:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64875616][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/648757/64875616_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Lucky Charm [b]Entry Title:[/b] Origami [b]Entry: [/b] It is time to sit down, Clear my mind and my desk, Set a square piece of paper in place. All that’s left in my world Is the sheet in my hands, And I concentrate, feel so intense. With each fold after fold, With each step after step, To reach goals I must stay at my pace. I will never be fast But I’ll always persist And I will not abandon the race. What takes shape in my hands, With its strong carapace, Is my symbol of patience of strength.
Teren approaches the judges slowly but confidently. He has a serious look behind his spectacles, but does not seem unkind. Once he has the judges' attention and has introduced himself, he takes his time declaiming his poem, pronouncing every work carefully.

FR Player Name: Krawald
FR Player ID#: 519364
Dragon Poet's Name: Teren
Dragon Poet's ID#: 64875616

Dragon Poet Image:
64875616_350.png

Entry Category: Lucky Charm
Entry Title: Origami

Entry:

It is time to sit down,
Clear my mind and my desk,
Set a square piece of paper in place.

All that’s left in my world
Is the sheet in my hands,
And I concentrate, feel so intense.

With each fold after fold,
With each step after step,
To reach goals I must stay at my pace.

I will never be fast
But I’ll always persist
And I will not abandon the race.

What takes shape in my hands,
With its strong carapace,
Is my symbol of patience of strength.
tDeKDnH.png YDYolOP.png jbMnTvf.pngKaL7agX.png
[center][size=6][b]The Penultimate Day[/b][/size][/center] [columns][img]https://imgur.com/2MzM7gp.png[/img][nextcol]"Hmm-hmmm. Yes, yes. Is this working?" Uncle Opa tapped, then shook the metallic ice-cream cone device that Cedar handed to him. "Oh,yes. I see it is. Hello! Sorry to interrupt the festivities. I have a very important announcement. An important [i]time-sensitive[/i] announcement!" "Ahem. Dragons and Beastclans! I am sorry to say that tomorrow is the final day of the Mistral Jamboree!" [i](he paused for sounds of dismay)[/i] "It is also the final day to enter any poetry for the Windsinger. Miths will be here on the Upper Steppes until Rollover on Saturday night to accept your entries. Please allow a few days for the judges to properly deliberate before we announce the winners. During that time, you are invited to participate in the Round Robin Poetry Circle (each participant adds a rhyming couplet to a poem) taking place at Singer's Brook. Remember: hatchlings frequently join this event, so keep it clean!"[/columns] @Sinjin @SunnyShowers @Jorybear @Paintminion [size=2]@sockmonkeygerald @WarriorOfEarth @SunstonePhoenix @magiritsa @Fennecfox21 @GrimdarkRoxy @Darksilverhawk @AWB @Krawald @cartographic @Bxy26 @JustAGamerFurry2 @awanderingprson @Rustea @dragonpals @late711 @Zytolo @FoxyCipher @Sommar @Scatterspark @TigerLily009 @Lethia[/size]
The Penultimate Day
2MzM7gp.png "Hmm-hmmm. Yes, yes. Is this working?" Uncle Opa tapped, then shook the metallic ice-cream cone device that Cedar handed to him. "Oh,yes. I see it is. Hello! Sorry to interrupt the festivities. I have a very important announcement. An important time-sensitive announcement!"

"Ahem. Dragons and Beastclans! I am sorry to say that tomorrow is the final day of the Mistral Jamboree!" (he paused for sounds of dismay) "It is also the final day to enter any poetry for the Windsinger. Miths will be here on the Upper Steppes until Rollover on Saturday night to accept your entries.

Please allow a few days for the judges to properly deliberate before we announce the winners. During that time, you are invited to participate in the Round Robin Poetry Circle (each participant adds a rhyming couplet to a poem) taking place at Singer's Brook. Remember: hatchlings frequently join this event, so keep it clean!"

@Sinjin @SunnyShowers @Jorybear @Paintminion

@sockmonkeygerald @WarriorOfEarth @SunstonePhoenix @magiritsa @Fennecfox21 @GrimdarkRoxy @Darksilverhawk @AWB @Krawald @cartographic @Bxy26 @JustAGamerFurry2 @awanderingprson @Rustea @dragonpals @late711 @Zytolo @FoxyCipher @Sommar @Scatterspark @TigerLily009 @Lethia
UTakosS.pngY5AUp2a.gif qzV0stX.png
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23 24