Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [paused] Free Lore Snippets!
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12
[quote name="Coincidence" date="2020-11-05 07:30:27" ] @gamerina short and sweet. When asked about what she wanted to do when she grows up, Jacinta would always answer "celebrate a birthday for each day!" When laughed at and told that it was a childish dream, Jacinta would always defend her dream with tooth and nail. "It's not childish," she would say, "I'll travel the world and celebrate the birthday of whoever I meet. Then, they'll be happy!" Jacinta still holds onto her childhood dream. In the dawn of her Search, she happened upon a traveling clan, and an odd little Fae within that stole her heart. While he wasn't subject to the traditions of Guardian culture, he still agreed to help her on her journey. They travel still, even now, on the quest to create birthdays to celebrate as well as congratulating anyone they find on the way. [/quote] I totally love it! Thank you really much. ** I posted it in her bio, with credits. ♥
Coincidence wrote on 2020-11-05 07:30:27:
@gamerina short and sweet.

When asked about what she wanted to do when she grows up, Jacinta would always answer "celebrate a birthday for each day!" When laughed at and told that it was a childish dream, Jacinta would always defend her dream with tooth and nail. "It's not childish," she would say, "I'll travel the world and celebrate the birthday of whoever I meet. Then, they'll be happy!"

Jacinta still holds onto her childhood dream. In the dawn of her Search, she happened upon a traveling clan, and an odd little Fae within that stole her heart. While he wasn't subject to the traditions of Guardian culture, he still agreed to help her on her journey. They travel still, even now, on the quest to create birthdays to celebrate as well as congratulating anyone they find on the way.

I totally love it! Thank you really much. ** I posted it in her bio, with credits. ♥
My challenges:
The impossible Coli Challenge
365 Hatchlings Breeding Challenge Feel free to offer mates!
From all basis to all non basic challenge
@Coincidence [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/49380261][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/493803/49380261_350.png[/img][/url] This is Moon, she's married with Pearl and I think by her apparel she could be a dancer? Or something like it! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/43148838][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/431489/43148838_350.png[/img][/url] This is Pearl, Moon's partner! He gives me mage/summoner vibes, or maybe they're a couple of dancers? Whatever you think of is cool with me! I love to put diverse gender identities in my dragon's backgrounds, so feel free to use it as well if you feel like it (I dont mind if you change their pronouns either)! <3 Also I'm sending you a few things to help you expand your hibden! :))
@Coincidence

49380261_350.png
This is Moon, she's married with Pearl and I think by her apparel she could be a dancer? Or something like it!

43148838_350.png
This is Pearl, Moon's partner! He gives me mage/summoner vibes, or maybe they're a couple of dancers? Whatever you think of is cool with me!

I love to put diverse gender identities in my dragon's backgrounds, so feel free to use it as well if you feel like it (I dont mind if you change their pronouns either)! <3

Also I'm sending you a few things to help you expand your hibden! :))
SIG-02.png
@Coincidence

omg THANK YOU SO MUCH for that? <3 I really loved what you wrote for Giu and Newport! <3 Aaaaaaaa

It's perfect!

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, I think it's fantastic!
Work has been a killer...

Anyways, tHANK YOU! Do I owe you anything for it? <3
@Coincidence

omg THANK YOU SO MUCH for that? <3 I really loved what you wrote for Giu and Newport! <3 Aaaaaaaa

It's perfect!

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, I think it's fantastic!
Work has been a killer...

Anyways, tHANK YOU! Do I owe you anything for it? <3
o163-d1-Mudy.pngo163-d2-Mudy.pngo163-d3-Mudy.pngo163-d4-Mudy.pngo163-d5-Mudy.png xrunestone-hoard.png x
Mudy | she/they | +8H FR

English is not my mother language
Spruce kills my playstyle.
toss a like to this loser
About & Lore board
navigator-dominance-board.png
@mudy no. I accepted your gift already. I’m glad you like it <3
@mudy no. I accepted your gift already. I’m glad you like it <3

One day, will these too become but distant memories?
. . .
Yes, in the blink of an eye.

@Coincidence

Hi! If you're still doing this I would love it if you did something for my girl Norwood? She's kind of a tough character, but she has a soft spot for Matilda. She's also a part of the guard that protects her clan. Matilda is sweet,shy, and a school teacher (thought I would add this in for reference)
Norwood: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/43047560
Matilda:https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/42859468

Sorry if there is no picture! I'm on mobile and trying to figure this out :)
@Coincidence

Hi! If you're still doing this I would love it if you did something for my girl Norwood? She's kind of a tough character, but she has a soft spot for Matilda. She's also a part of the guard that protects her clan. Matilda is sweet,shy, and a school teacher (thought I would add this in for reference)
Norwood: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/43047560
Matilda:https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/42859468

Sorry if there is no picture! I'm on mobile and trying to figure this out :)
Lukas|| They/He/Doll || +3 FR Time
Item-9.png
@Feathershine22 It was a bit longer than expected. Oops,

"Greywing?" the coatl was timid in opening the door. There had been an audible hiss and then a pop, and very uncomfortable silence afterward. The scientists had a protocol, they did, to follow were some special kind of horror only achievable with science to pop up. But Greywing did not answer when he knocked, and Greywing usually answered.

The inside of the laboratory was covered in what seemed to be a reddish-pink film. The stuff on the floor had already hardened, it seemed, but those on the laboratory specimens bubbled and hissed. In the middle was Greywing, no longer so grey, chipping away at the muck on the floor. "Oh dear," Whale murmured; it was an adoring comment on its own but also served to warn the coatl of his presence-- "You've been trying at this all morning. I think you deserve a break, at least."

Greywing still jumped a foot off the ground at the sound of his name. "You think so? Think so?" he whimpered. "But I've got to clean all this muck up first." He flattened his crest in the general direction of the mess, which was hard, because it was, well, everywhere. He looks back down at the chipped shards of the failed experiment. "I'm sorry I couldn't find the formula," he licked at his snout, a sign of nervousness. It came back with some of the redness, and he scrunched up his face in disgust. "Bleh. Tastes like, ... bad. Bad."

"Don't do that," Whale snapped in response. Each of his movements made him want to run over, caress his cheeks, maybe clean the goo off with mana. But he couldn't, he never would be able to. All of Greywing's other quirks hurt in a similar fashion. "Come on, let's go out for some fresh air. I can help you clean up the lab later." He offered a gesturing hand. Greywing, seemingly ignoring him, picked at the stickiness clinging to his fur. "You should get yourself cleaned up, obviously, but the lab can wait."

When Greywing came back, it was in a new lab coat, gloves, and goggles, exactly the same as his old set. It was well-known that the scientist liked his equipment-- so much, in fact, that he'd never been seen without it-- which led Whale, among many others, to question how many sets of it he had. "Sorry, sorry." Greywing was apologetic. "The acid doesn't like the indicators, so no matter how many times I try, it keeps blowing up." They were the only two in the tunnels, and Greywing had much to say. The others were most likely in their own rooms working away at their contribution to the clan, the hum of machinery as well the distant ringing of bells and alarms provided steady background noise for the two of them. Whale looked at him. "It's ok," he softly said. "I can put the project on hold until you can find the exact concentration. What's important is that you're safe."

Eventually, the two reached the edge of the cliff overlooking the shimmering waters. A few dragons could be seen on the beach below, but Whale knew Greywing didn't like sand. Instead, they sat upon the grassy knoll just before the drop, on the roots of the old camphor tree atop the grasses. It was... the middle of the afternoon? Around two to four, he thought. He never knew-- all of his time was spent indoors, anyway.

Whale snuck a look at Greywing again. The latter was looking off into the distance, clearly thinking of something but he didn't know what. He opened his mouth to ask, but thinking better of it, closed it again. "It's a nice day today," was all he could say. From the corner of his eye nodded Greywing, seemingly happy about the statement. He shifted on his haunches, closer to the other, until the two touched sides and shied away from each other again. The branches rustled with the wind, leaves shaken loose drift below the horizon. Further beyond the cliff, the sun glittered on the waves, and it is a good day.
@Feathershine22 It was a bit longer than expected. Oops,

"Greywing?" the coatl was timid in opening the door. There had been an audible hiss and then a pop, and very uncomfortable silence afterward. The scientists had a protocol, they did, to follow were some special kind of horror only achievable with science to pop up. But Greywing did not answer when he knocked, and Greywing usually answered.

The inside of the laboratory was covered in what seemed to be a reddish-pink film. The stuff on the floor had already hardened, it seemed, but those on the laboratory specimens bubbled and hissed. In the middle was Greywing, no longer so grey, chipping away at the muck on the floor. "Oh dear," Whale murmured; it was an adoring comment on its own but also served to warn the coatl of his presence-- "You've been trying at this all morning. I think you deserve a break, at least."

Greywing still jumped a foot off the ground at the sound of his name. "You think so? Think so?" he whimpered. "But I've got to clean all this muck up first." He flattened his crest in the general direction of the mess, which was hard, because it was, well, everywhere. He looks back down at the chipped shards of the failed experiment. "I'm sorry I couldn't find the formula," he licked at his snout, a sign of nervousness. It came back with some of the redness, and he scrunched up his face in disgust. "Bleh. Tastes like, ... bad. Bad."

"Don't do that," Whale snapped in response. Each of his movements made him want to run over, caress his cheeks, maybe clean the goo off with mana. But he couldn't, he never would be able to. All of Greywing's other quirks hurt in a similar fashion. "Come on, let's go out for some fresh air. I can help you clean up the lab later." He offered a gesturing hand. Greywing, seemingly ignoring him, picked at the stickiness clinging to his fur. "You should get yourself cleaned up, obviously, but the lab can wait."

When Greywing came back, it was in a new lab coat, gloves, and goggles, exactly the same as his old set. It was well-known that the scientist liked his equipment-- so much, in fact, that he'd never been seen without it-- which led Whale, among many others, to question how many sets of it he had. "Sorry, sorry." Greywing was apologetic. "The acid doesn't like the indicators, so no matter how many times I try, it keeps blowing up." They were the only two in the tunnels, and Greywing had much to say. The others were most likely in their own rooms working away at their contribution to the clan, the hum of machinery as well the distant ringing of bells and alarms provided steady background noise for the two of them. Whale looked at him. "It's ok," he softly said. "I can put the project on hold until you can find the exact concentration. What's important is that you're safe."

Eventually, the two reached the edge of the cliff overlooking the shimmering waters. A few dragons could be seen on the beach below, but Whale knew Greywing didn't like sand. Instead, they sat upon the grassy knoll just before the drop, on the roots of the old camphor tree atop the grasses. It was... the middle of the afternoon? Around two to four, he thought. He never knew-- all of his time was spent indoors, anyway.

Whale snuck a look at Greywing again. The latter was looking off into the distance, clearly thinking of something but he didn't know what. He opened his mouth to ask, but thinking better of it, closed it again. "It's a nice day today," was all he could say. From the corner of his eye nodded Greywing, seemingly happy about the statement. He shifted on his haunches, closer to the other, until the two touched sides and shied away from each other again. The branches rustled with the wind, leaves shaken loose drift below the horizon. Further beyond the cliff, the sun glittered on the waves, and it is a good day.

. . .

@Coincidence I’d love if you wrote more for my girl, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64778672][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/647787/64778672_350.png[/img][/url] Since her colors are bright and plentiful, I like to think of her as a cheery, overwhelmingly optimistic to the point of naivety personality. She loves everything and everyone. Basically a golden retriever tbh But feel free to give her any kind of backstory, interests, job/role, etc!! I love your writing it’s so creative. Also why are you doing this for free?? Take all my gems
@Coincidence I’d love if you wrote more for my girl,

64778672_350.png

Since her colors are bright and plentiful, I like to think of her as a cheery, overwhelmingly optimistic to the point of naivety personality. She loves everything and everyone. Basically a golden retriever tbh

But feel free to give her any kind of backstory, interests, job/role, etc!! I love your writing it’s so creative. Also why are you doing this for free?? Take all my gems
oooooooooooooooooooooooooo Bdloyzd.gif o R U T H
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +2
25 GEMINI
oo FObX7rS.png
Jd88XNq.png
FvfV2kD.png
ll0CfnD.png
donate frogs
oh, that is AMAZING!!!!!! hoow?
oh, that is AMAZING!!!!!! hoow?
she/her/feather
@wiinter this is some fresh hot im14andthisisdeep material

i. in morning
Tales were once told about a giants' land, one filled with the light of a million summer nights. Now this place only exists in the memories of those who have outlived the light. Between the crosses, the broken bones, grows naught but the coarse grasses, the pitiful yellow flowers. Row by row, growth by growth, the earth is overtaken by a sea of flowers. Underneath the foliage doves nest, where they pick out beetles and scatter if you step near. They have been forgotten by the shifting soils. They have been abandoned by the whistling winds. There is nothing left but decay for this land.

ii. in slumber
At night, the stars shift. They are naked to the fields, for no trees dare grow here. Small pockets of light dot the land, earthbound stars in a sea of decay. They illuminate an imposing presence; an imperial dotted in gold and strung-up flowers, those yellow buds creating light in the field. The pale moths avoid her presence. They have no place with her. Sometimes she comes here to mourn, to scatter the doves. Most of the time she is here to wait.

iii. in dreams, and in existence again
The brightest colors, as bright as two suns. They danced on the stalls, in lines strung up by her. They flitted between the gnarled branches of the old oaks. They littered the floor, cracked cobble substituting for the cracked soil. They were in headdresses and robes, in the wings and horns of those once here. They were.

They are no more. The imperial meditates upon this, between the crosses and broken bones. What a pity that the wildflowers' glowing petals dimmed when she ripped them off. What a pity, the fare of a once-giants' land. She takes a running start, scattering the doves. It creates a ripple in the sea of light, and she takes off, one with the night. There is nothing left but decay for this land. The culmination of its existence lives only in memory, the memories of a giant too old to forget.
@wiinter this is some fresh hot im14andthisisdeep material

i. in morning
Tales were once told about a giants' land, one filled with the light of a million summer nights. Now this place only exists in the memories of those who have outlived the light. Between the crosses, the broken bones, grows naught but the coarse grasses, the pitiful yellow flowers. Row by row, growth by growth, the earth is overtaken by a sea of flowers. Underneath the foliage doves nest, where they pick out beetles and scatter if you step near. They have been forgotten by the shifting soils. They have been abandoned by the whistling winds. There is nothing left but decay for this land.

ii. in slumber
At night, the stars shift. They are naked to the fields, for no trees dare grow here. Small pockets of light dot the land, earthbound stars in a sea of decay. They illuminate an imposing presence; an imperial dotted in gold and strung-up flowers, those yellow buds creating light in the field. The pale moths avoid her presence. They have no place with her. Sometimes she comes here to mourn, to scatter the doves. Most of the time she is here to wait.

iii. in dreams, and in existence again
The brightest colors, as bright as two suns. They danced on the stalls, in lines strung up by her. They flitted between the gnarled branches of the old oaks. They littered the floor, cracked cobble substituting for the cracked soil. They were in headdresses and robes, in the wings and horns of those once here. They were.

They are no more. The imperial meditates upon this, between the crosses and broken bones. What a pity that the wildflowers' glowing petals dimmed when she ripped them off. What a pity, the fare of a once-giants' land. She takes a running start, scattering the doves. It creates a ripple in the sea of light, and she takes off, one with the night. There is nothing left but decay for this land. The culmination of its existence lives only in memory, the memories of a giant too old to forget.

. . .

@Coincidence could you come up with something for him? Thank you really much. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62976214][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/629763/62976214_350.png[/img][/url] He is the boss of my lair, a little old derg, who is being harassed even when he only tries to sleep for a little bit. I think of him as a strict, intuitive, creative and helpful derg.
@Coincidence could you come up with something for him? Thank you really much.

62976214_350.png

He is the boss of my lair, a little old derg, who is being harassed even when he only tries to sleep for a little bit. I think of him as a strict, intuitive, creative and helpful derg.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12