Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [MJ2020] Poetry Pirate Contest!
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 29 30
"Sorry for the wait and length of this one mate. I had to make sure it was up to standards for the two it's about." The Imp smiled. "This little poem comes straight from two of my lair mates who heard about this little contest and wanted their story to be told." (Inspired by [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=231020&tab=dragon&did=53591320]Rowena[/url] and [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=231020&did=53733440]FreedomFighter[/url] My Lesbian Couple, also apologizes that it's not the traditional love poem rather a tale of love in poem form) [i]Avast ye sky pirate poet maties! I be wantin' a piece o' this sky pirate action! Judges: @paintminion @Milohilay @Sinjin @Storygeek @CrazyDragy[/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Zytolo [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] #231020 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Nemesis [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] #58438700 [b]Dragon Poet Image:[/b] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58438700] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/584388/58438700_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Love is in the Air [b]Entry Title:[/b] A Different Kind of Hue [b]Entry: [/b] Once there were two dragonesses who were believed to be white, Even though everyone else was red or blue, these two were a different hue. Everyone thought there was something obviously not right, And the other hatchlings made sure that they knew. The hatchlings would laugh and point, complaining through their mutter. Even though the two were just fine. The elders and their parents told them they’d get better, But to them, they only felt tangled with twine. They were told, “One-day they’d meet a blue and be mated”. The two never stopped anyone to tell them this, That the thought of blue made them agitated. Confused to why that’s what they have to end up with. Perhaps they were just made different, That the gods made a mistake. Luckily with the years, they grew independent, Other’s cruel judgment no longer had a take. Together they found their own red, Feelings that would not allow each other to think. The strength of those feelings they thought each other would dread, But even to this day, they make a beautiful shade of pink. After all to those who think it’s just red and blue, Open your views and meet a new kind of hue.
"Sorry for the wait and length of this one mate. I had to make sure it was up to standards for the two it's about." The Imp smiled. "This little poem comes straight from two of my lair mates who heard about this little contest and wanted their story to be told."

(Inspired by Rowena and FreedomFighter My Lesbian Couple, also apologizes that it's not the traditional love poem rather a tale of love in poem form)

Avast ye sky pirate poet maties! I be wantin' a piece o' this sky pirate action!
Judges: @paintminion @Milohilay @Sinjin @Storygeek @CrazyDragy

FR Player Name: Zytolo
FR Player ID#: #231020
Dragon Poet's Name: Nemesis
Dragon Poet's ID#: #58438700

Dragon Poet Image:

58438700_350.png

Entry Category: Love is in the Air
Entry Title: A Different Kind of Hue

Entry:

Once there were two dragonesses who were believed to be white,
Even though everyone else was red or blue, these two were a different hue.
Everyone thought there was something obviously not right,
And the other hatchlings made sure that they knew.

The hatchlings would laugh and point, complaining through their mutter.
Even though the two were just fine.
The elders and their parents told them they’d get better,
But to them, they only felt tangled with twine.

They were told, “One-day they’d meet a blue and be mated”.
The two never stopped anyone to tell them this,
That the thought of blue made them agitated.
Confused to why that’s what they have to end up with.

Perhaps they were just made different,
That the gods made a mistake.
Luckily with the years, they grew independent,
Other’s cruel judgment no longer had a take.

Together they found their own red,
Feelings that would not allow each other to think.
The strength of those feelings they thought each other would dread,
But even to this day, they make a beautiful shade of pink.

After all to those who think it’s just red and blue,
Open your views and meet a new kind of hue.

Z85Oomo.pngxXe2SDj.pngtumblr_inline_naxjlrHYbk1qg78ij.pngy1CAqnl.pngdQKV2Ww.png
[b]“Thanks for the invitation! Hallo everyone and thanks for having us…”[/b] – Dragons of all kind bustled around, talking, dropping bundles of belongings and ordering drinks and snacks. Dragon moved tables and chairs about to better suit their group of nearly a dozen heads. Zayin just sat on the chair Rat positioned him on, his head buzzing with all the different names and faces as he tried to assign them correctly. Obviously, his friend Crevan had no such problems and moved smoothly into action. Smiling and chatting Crevan began pouring drinks; being completely in his element. Zayin just observed everyone for a while; he guessed the crew had been together for a long time, long enough to be comfortable with each other and able to squabble over small things without permanently hurting anyone’s feeling doing so. They smelled of gun powder and freedom. Best of all was the noise. Leather creaking. Dragon laughing, flirting. Someone even knocked over a chair – or did he fall over it? Zayin was in the middle of it all and the attentive Crevan and Rat kept a close eye his needs, ready with a drink just as his glass emptied. First, the Coatl managed to talk and listen just in the right amounts. But as time went by Zayin laughed at jokes more openheartedly, shook hands, smiled and whisked coins off the bar and games as if he truly needed the money. Hours later, Crevan was the one holding his friend back from jettison all manners and ‘turning pirate’. The Sethris just hoped he didn’t have to explain all that went on to the utter drunkard the next morning. Rat even displayed that knowing smile of his as if he’d been particular clever this time… [center] -- [/center] [b]“Good morning to you all!”[/b] Zayin said as he approached the table. He had an amazing time yesterday, even though he could not remember how he ended up in his own bed this morning. While going through his belongings, he found some sheets of scribbles in his pockets. He must have written them down sometime in the bar. The strangest thing though: Some verses did seem to be of a different handwriting all together. Not using them literally, they still contributed to his latest poem; the one he was about to turn in right at this moment. -------------- [i]Avast ye sky pirate poet maties! I be wantin' a piece o' this sky pirate action! Judges: @paintminion @Milohilay @Sinjin @Storygeek @CrazyDragy[/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Juri01 [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 111431 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Zayin [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 40410352 [b]Dragon Poet Image:[/b] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40410352] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/404104/40410352_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Love is in the air [b]Entry Title:[/b] Love is... [b]Entry: [/b] [b]Love is my mind[/b] dreamlike as it thrived burning in my soul the very one you stole. [b]Love is in your smile, [/b]one that’s so hard to describe in the sound of your voice on which I always rejoice. [center][b]Love is like the air[/b] swiftly, lovely, unfair laughter as lovely as gliding wind as the words slide off your lips I can feel my heartbeat slip. But this moment soon fades and a lurid gloom pervades.[/center] [right][b]Love is in your very essence[/b] let's wonder about the confession. We laughed, we smiled We talked for a long while. [b]Love is in our hearts[/b] as the sound of music starts let it be carried by the air and spread out everywhere.[/right] [center][b]Love is where you are[/b] [/center]
“Thanks for the invitation! Hallo everyone and thanks for having us…”

– Dragons of all kind bustled around, talking, dropping bundles of belongings and ordering drinks and snacks. Dragon moved tables and chairs about to better suit their group of nearly a dozen heads. Zayin just sat on the chair Rat positioned him on, his head buzzing with all the different names and faces as he tried to assign them correctly. Obviously, his friend Crevan had no such problems and moved smoothly into action. Smiling and chatting Crevan began pouring drinks; being completely in his element. Zayin just observed everyone for a while; he guessed the crew had been together for a long time, long enough to be comfortable with each other and able to squabble over small things without permanently hurting anyone’s feeling doing so. They smelled of gun powder and freedom. Best of all was the noise. Leather creaking. Dragon laughing, flirting. Someone even knocked over a chair – or did he fall over it?

Zayin was in the middle of it all and the attentive Crevan and Rat kept a close eye his needs, ready with a drink just as his glass emptied. First, the Coatl managed to talk and listen just in the right amounts. But as time went by Zayin laughed at jokes more openheartedly, shook hands, smiled and whisked coins off the bar and games as if he truly needed the money.

Hours later, Crevan was the one holding his friend back from jettison all manners and ‘turning pirate’. The Sethris just hoped he didn’t have to explain all that went on to the utter drunkard the next morning. Rat even displayed that knowing smile of his as if he’d been particular clever this time…
--

“Good morning to you all!” Zayin said as he approached the table. He had an amazing time yesterday, even though he could not remember how he ended up in his own bed this morning. While going through his belongings, he found some sheets of scribbles in his pockets. He must have written them down sometime in the bar. The strangest thing though: Some verses did seem to be of a different handwriting all together. Not using them literally, they still contributed to his latest poem; the one he was about to turn in right at this moment.

Avast ye sky pirate poet maties! I be wantin' a piece o' this sky pirate action!

FR Player Name: Juri01
FR Player ID#: 111431

Dragon Poet's Name: Zayin
Dragon Poet's ID#: 40410352

Dragon Poet Image:

Entry Category: Love is in the air
Entry Title: Love is...

Entry:

Love is my mind
dreamlike as it thrived
burning in my soul
the very one you stole.

Love is in your smile,
one that’s so hard to describe
in the sound of your voice
on which I always rejoice.
Love is like the air
swiftly, lovely, unfair
laughter as lovely as gliding wind
as the words slide off your lips
I can feel my heartbeat slip.
But this moment soon fades
and a lurid gloom pervades.

Love is in your very essence
let's wonder about the confession.
We laughed, we smiled
We talked for a long while.

Love is in our hearts
as the sound of music starts
let it be carried by the air
and spread out everywhere.
Love is where you are
[columns][size=4][color=teal]Riverat gave a soft whistle, "Now that is a poem 'ith a very important 'essage! It amazes me to this day that there are some that still believe there are only two colors. Blazes, I've seen and lived a whole rainbow. I'll record this right down." He smiled at the pretty Imp. "I'm always willing to be blue though..." He gave her a large wink. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58438700][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/584388/58438700.png[/img][/url] A laugh sounded, as an elegant Skydancer gave Riverat a slight nudge, "That going a little to far Rat, even for you. Apologize." Rat smirked at Lytra, but quickly turned back to the Poetess, "Sorry, Pretty One, sometimes my 'outh speaks without my brain being any part of it."[nextcol][img]https://i.imgur.com/pehhOIr.png[/img] @Zytolo[/columns] [center][color=teal]***[/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40410352][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/404104/40410352.png[/img][/url][/center] [color=teal] "'Andsome! 'Ow's your 'ead this sunny morning?" Riverat asked in a booming voice, smiling slightly at the Coatl's wince. "That 'as quite a night! And you 'ept scribbling notes. Wouldn't let me see, either. Said I 'ad to 'ait for the finished poem. So I 'ope your 'ere with it? Yes! Wonderful!" Riverat read it and felt his cheeks begin to burn. He shook his head, no way was he so conceited as to think it was for him. Almost, but not quite. Still, wouldn't it be amazing if it was? He smiled at Zayin. "Now that is a poem! Even if you'd 'ever been in love. After reading that you'd know, you'd know, how if feels. I'll just log this down." He looked up, "Will you be joining us again tonight? It won't be the same 'ithout ye." He smiled at the blush. Well now they were even. Well, maybe he was still ahead, but even for today at least. @Juri01 [center][color=teal]***[/center] [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/0BVXQ7u.png[/img][nextcol][size=4][color=teal]"You think this poem was for you?" Lytra asked Riverat a smile playing about his mouth. "I din't say that." Riverat deafened. "I just said it'd be nice if 'Handsome thought I 'as worthy of such a sentiment." "And when we sail off, Rat?" Lytra eyes were on the poem but he looked up at the last of his question. Riverat's dreamy look vanished and he gave a sad nod. After a minute he grinned. "But Gorgeous defiantly wrote a poem for me! And I missed her this morning with her next one! I wanted to ask her if I could keep it in me bio." Lytra laughed, 'Rat, it was a vailed threat." "She called me smooth and sleek! I'll take that complement. And besides 'ow can I be mad. She got those eyes, full of fun and danger! They go right to me 'eart." "And her mate? The one that doesn't like you flirting?" "'E's not 'ere. And when 'e is I'll deal with 'im real diplomatical' like." @MythicalViper [columns]
Riverat gave a soft whistle, "Now that is a poem 'ith a very important 'essage! It amazes me to this day that there are some that still believe there are only two colors. Blazes, I've seen and lived a whole rainbow. I'll record this right down." He smiled at the pretty Imp. "I'm always willing to be blue though..." He gave her a large wink.
58438700.png
A laugh sounded, as an elegant Skydancer gave Riverat a slight nudge, "That going a little to far Rat, even for you. Apologize."

Rat smirked at Lytra, but quickly turned back to the Poetess, "Sorry, Pretty One, sometimes my 'outh speaks without my brain being any part of it."
pehhOIr.png

@Zytolo
40410352.png

"'Andsome! 'Ow's your 'ead this sunny morning?" Riverat asked in a booming voice, smiling slightly at the Coatl's wince. "That 'as quite a night! And you 'ept scribbling notes. Wouldn't let me see, either. Said I 'ad to 'ait for the finished poem. So I 'ope your 'ere with it? Yes! Wonderful!"

Riverat read it and felt his cheeks begin to burn. He shook his head, no way was he so conceited as to think it was for him. Almost, but not quite. Still, wouldn't it be amazing if it was? He smiled at Zayin. "Now that is a poem! Even if you'd 'ever been in love. After reading that you'd know, you'd know, how if feels. I'll just log this down."

He looked up, "Will you be joining us again tonight? It won't be the same 'ithout ye." He smiled at the blush. Well now they were even. Well, maybe he was still ahead, but even for today at least.

@Juri01

0BVXQ7u.png "You think this poem was for you?" Lytra asked Riverat a smile playing about his mouth.

"I din't say that." Riverat deafened. "I just said it'd be nice if 'Handsome thought I 'as worthy of such a sentiment."

"And when we sail off, Rat?" Lytra eyes were on the poem but he looked up at the last of his question.

Riverat's dreamy look vanished and he gave a sad nod. After a minute he grinned. "But Gorgeous defiantly wrote a poem for me! And I missed her this morning with her next one! I wanted to ask her if I could keep it in me bio."

Lytra laughed, 'Rat, it was a vailed threat."

"She called me smooth and sleek! I'll take that complement. And besides 'ow can I be mad. She got those eyes, full of fun and danger! They go right to me 'eart."

"And her mate? The one that doesn't like you flirting?"

"'E's not 'ere. And when 'e is I'll deal with 'im real diplomatical' like."

@MythicalViper
8oOETBT.png Z85Oomo.png Game!
Wishlist
bN7rFE2.png 50307145.png Star a
Dragon
N24Y7nO.png
@Sinjin [s]Can I say how much I love Riverat's dialogue? Thank you so much for writing his responses![/s] [columns] "You want to keep that limerick in your bio? Well, I know my writing is fabulous, despite what Mauriti and Valenya say, so be my guest! Just give credit where credit's due, eh? "Oh, and you shouldn't have to worry about my mate. Last I heard, someone dragged him off to prepare for Mistral Meals. Considering what our clan blew up last time, he'll have his hands full over there... "Then again, 'over there' isn't too far from 'here'..." [nextcol] [img]https://imgur.com/ovf2vEy.png[/img] [/columns]
@Sinjin Can I say how much I love Riverat's dialogue? Thank you so much for writing his responses!

"You want to keep that limerick in your bio? Well, I know my writing is fabulous, despite what Mauriti and Valenya say, so be my guest! Just give credit where credit's due, eh?

"Oh, and you shouldn't have to worry about my mate. Last I heard, someone dragged him off to prepare for Mistral Meals. Considering what our clan blew up last time, he'll have his hands full over there...

"Then again, 'over there' isn't too far from 'here'..."
ovf2vEy.png
uPDF3lw.pngX2PAJU7.gifg56Nt7u.png badge-1-100x100.pngRVjFQtg.png
Quartzite swaggers up to the Poetry Pavilion, dressed in appropriately piratey fashion. (Fortunately, this time his mate supervised his costume making.) [i]Avast ye sky pirate poet maties! I be wantin' a piece o' this sky pirate action! Judges: @paintminion @Milohilay @Sinjin @Storygeek @CrazyDragy[/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Bxy26 [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 498491 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Quartzite [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 51045507 [b]Dragon Poet Image:[/b] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51045507] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/510456/51045507_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Poet Like a Pirate [b]Entry Title:[/b] The Black Pearl [b]Entry: [/b] T'was a late black ship By the dark of the moon, By the Pearlcatcher's pearl, It was brighter than noon. We sailed off at once With a right good clip, Then guns rang behind from the following ship. The Pearlcatcher laughed, His glee plain to see, "No need to fight, boys, She's as slow as can be!" With guns at the ready, We waited for call, But the Shrewsbury's sails Soon started to fall. With his primal eyes swirling, And his pearl glowing bright, Cap'n Jak led us onward, Boldly through the night. His compass spun strangely, In the pearl's eerie glow, And it swirled like his eye-pools, Showing us where to go. The island was empty, The cache hidden well, As we carried our cargo Over the swell. One boat tipped up, sadly, But mine stayed upright. Good thing, 'cause I swim just as well as I fight. My Imperial strength Was there put to work, As we lifted the crates hiding there in the dark. Then back to sea quickly, We'd done our jobs well. But, "Hey, lads, get ready, This is going to be hell!" The storm rushed upon us, Our sails were all wet. I thought I'd go under, Or at least, seasick get. My duty was minor, But that was enough. I'm no real sailor, And that job is rough! Somehow we all made it, Despite all the rain, And I was still standing, If somewhat in pain. Cap'n Jak called me over, "I'll be honest, you know While your spirit is willing, It's time you should go." He pulled from behind him A chest gleaming gold, And the swirls in his eyes Were a sight to behold. "Take this as your payment, And if you come to sea again, Cap'n Jak will still be sailing, And count you as his friend!" Inspired by the "true events" of [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1833524/306#post_42406094]this post[/url], t[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1833524/306#post_42406431]his post[/url], and [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1833524/307#post_42462702]this post[/url].
Quartzite swaggers up to the Poetry Pavilion, dressed in appropriately piratey fashion. (Fortunately, this time his mate supervised his costume making.)

FR Player Name: Bxy26
FR Player ID#: 498491
Dragon Poet's Name: Quartzite
Dragon Poet's ID#: 51045507

Dragon Poet Image:

51045507_350.png

Entry Category: Poet Like a Pirate
Entry Title: The Black Pearl

Entry:

T'was a late black ship
By the dark of the moon,
By the Pearlcatcher's pearl,
It was brighter than noon.

We sailed off at once
With a right good clip,
Then guns rang behind
from the following ship.

The Pearlcatcher laughed,
His glee plain to see,
"No need to fight, boys,
She's as slow as can be!"

With guns at the ready,
We waited for call,
But the Shrewsbury's sails
Soon started to fall.

With his primal eyes swirling,
And his pearl glowing bright,
Cap'n Jak led us onward,
Boldly through the night.

His compass spun strangely,
In the pearl's eerie glow,
And it swirled like his eye-pools,
Showing us where to go.

The island was empty,
The cache hidden well,
As we carried our cargo
Over the swell.

One boat tipped up, sadly,
But mine stayed upright.
Good thing, 'cause I swim
just as well as I fight.

My Imperial strength
Was there put to work,
As we lifted the crates
hiding there in the dark.

Then back to sea quickly,
We'd done our jobs well.
But, "Hey, lads, get ready,
This is going to be hell!"

The storm rushed upon us,
Our sails were all wet.
I thought I'd go under,
Or at least, seasick get.

My duty was minor,
But that was enough.
I'm no real sailor,
And that job is rough!

Somehow we all made it,
Despite all the rain,
And I was still standing,
If somewhat in pain.

Cap'n Jak called me over,
"I'll be honest, you know
While your spirit is willing,
It's time you should go."

He pulled from behind him
A chest gleaming gold,
And the swirls in his eyes
Were a sight to behold.

"Take this as your payment,
And if you come to sea again,
Cap'n Jak will still be sailing,
And count you as his friend!"

Inspired by the "true events" of this post, this post, and this post.
V9b7SpH.png sig_button.png
Heyla Everyone! Just needed to quickly let you all know that I have completed the adjustments on the Certification Widget, so you are now free to once again get your Bio Codes. A reminder that only what is on the Master Entry List will show on your code. The code isn't pretty, but what comes out of it is good. Someday I will have time to fix the code itself to look pretty and organized, lol.

Also note that our Poetry Pirate Crew is having a grand time with the storyline, so please give them a round of applause and support! I will be adding more storyline posts to the top of page 2 as soon as I can. Carry on with your roleplay and fun, enjoying everyone's efforts, not just our Crew's!

@Paintminion @Milohilay @Storygeek @CrazyDragy @Sinjin

Audience and Contestants Ping List
(Contestants will be automatically added.)

@Saerel
@Kunikida
@cordifolium
@sockmonkeygerald
@Zytolo
@Deladria
@retrace
@MythicalViper
@Scatterspark
@gn0me
@Andraya
@ProbablyLying
@GrimdarkRoxy
@BunnySox
@Juri01
@Forestwolf
@Freybugg
@Wonderlast
@Bxy26
Heyla Everyone! Just needed to quickly let you all know that I have completed the adjustments on the Certification Widget, so you are now free to once again get your Bio Codes. A reminder that only what is on the Master Entry List will show on your code. The code isn't pretty, but what comes out of it is good. Someday I will have time to fix the code itself to look pretty and organized, lol.

Also note that our Poetry Pirate Crew is having a grand time with the storyline, so please give them a round of applause and support! I will be adding more storyline posts to the top of page 2 as soon as I can. Carry on with your roleplay and fun, enjoying everyone's efforts, not just our Crew's!

@Paintminion @Milohilay @Storygeek @CrazyDragy @Sinjin

Audience and Contestants Ping List
(Contestants will be automatically added.)

@Saerel
@Kunikida
@cordifolium
@sockmonkeygerald
@Zytolo
@Deladria
@retrace
@MythicalViper
@Scatterspark
@gn0me
@Andraya
@ProbablyLying
@GrimdarkRoxy
@BunnySox
@Juri01
@Forestwolf
@Freybugg
@Wonderlast
@Bxy26
An open book that reads Stories & Poetry MJ 24uZeuhOu.pngBk78Myp.pngLaSYQ19.gif8d7o509.png
@Bxy26 [columns][size=4]Whizbang set aside their quill and gave Quartzite a once over. "Pardon me, matey, but you've the look of a dragon that's sailed the sky 'afore, am I right? P'raps sometime during the Jamboree, ya should 'ave a pint wi' our First Mate, Davnan. E's always lookin' fer a likely sailor or two." They tapped the tabletop with their claws, thinking. Then they abruptly shook their head as if to clear it. "Right! Now, yer poem's good to go! I'm lookin' fo'ard to readin' it! I've heard tell o' th' Black Pearl, an' ain't ne'er met a pirate what's been aboard 'er 'afore! Should be a rippin' gran' tale!" As the Imperial swaggered back into the crowds, Whizbang called, "An' don' ferget to grab your Poetry Certificate!"[/size][nextcol][img]https://i.imgur.com/DuS3Z4c.png[/img][/columns]
@Bxy26
Whizbang set aside their quill and gave Quartzite a once over. "Pardon me, matey, but you've the look of a dragon that's sailed the sky 'afore, am I right? P'raps sometime during the Jamboree, ya should 'ave a pint wi' our First Mate, Davnan. E's always lookin' fer a likely sailor or two." They tapped the tabletop with their claws, thinking.

Then they abruptly shook their head as if to clear it. "Right! Now, yer poem's good to go! I'm lookin' fo'ard to readin' it! I've heard tell o' th' Black Pearl, an' ain't ne'er met a pirate what's been aboard 'er 'afore! Should be a rippin' gran' tale!"

As the Imperial swaggered back into the crowds, Whizbang called, "An' don' ferget to grab your Poetry Certificate!"
DuS3Z4c.png
UTakosS.pngY5AUp2a.gif qzV0stX.png
Quartzite beams at the Spiral. "Well, I won't be lyin' to ye, I've more experience as a sea pirate then a sky pirate. But I'm always willin' to try...for the right price." He wiggles his eyebrows outrageously before turning into the crowds. Suddenly, he stops and makes a gesture as though searching his non-existent pockets. "Oh shoot!" he says, in a quite un-piratey voice. "I left the other one at home. Be right back!" An hour later, looking much the worse for wear, a disheveled Imperial returns to the pavilion. "Here...it is," he gasps. "My...other entry. I'm done." He lays the scrap of parchment on the table. It has three short lines scrawled on it. [quote=Quartzite]"Just because it fits The prescribed form does not mean It's good poetry."[/quote] The Spiral reads it aloud, eyebrows raised. Quartzite groans. "What? That's the wrong one again! Hang on." He slinks off. The next morning, an exhausted Imperial is waiting by the pavilion. "Here's my haiku entry," he says. "I probably won't be submitting anymore poems, but I've told my clanmates, and a few of them are interested." He looks around. "Got a bunk where I can crash? I need to rest up before the Jamboree next week." [i]Avast ye sky pirate poet maties! I be wantin' a piece o' this sky pirate action! Judges: @paintminion @Milohilay @Sinjin @Storygeek @CrazyDragy[/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Bxy26 [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 498491 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Quartzite [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 51045507 [b]Dragon Poet Image:[/b] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51045507] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/510456/51045507_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] Hooked on Haiku [b]Entry Title:[/b] On the endless chores of a common sailor [b]Entry: [/b] Swab, scrape, knot, haul sail. Deckhand's work is never done. The view is worth it.
Quartzite beams at the Spiral. "Well, I won't be lyin' to ye, I've more experience as a sea pirate then a sky pirate. But I'm always willin' to try...for the right price." He wiggles his eyebrows outrageously before turning into the crowds.
Suddenly, he stops and makes a gesture as though searching his non-existent pockets. "Oh shoot!" he says, in a quite un-piratey voice. "I left the other one at home. Be right back!"

An hour later, looking much the worse for wear, a disheveled Imperial returns to the pavilion. "Here...it is," he gasps. "My...other entry. I'm done." He lays the scrap of parchment on the table. It has three short lines scrawled on it.
Quartzite wrote:
"Just because it fits
The prescribed form does not mean
It's good poetry."

The Spiral reads it aloud, eyebrows raised. Quartzite groans. "What? That's the wrong one again! Hang on." He slinks off.

The next morning, an exhausted Imperial is waiting by the pavilion. "Here's my haiku entry," he says. "I probably won't be submitting anymore poems, but I've told my clanmates, and a few of them are interested." He looks around. "Got a bunk where I can crash? I need to rest up before the Jamboree next week."

FR Player Name: Bxy26
FR Player ID#: 498491
Dragon Poet's Name: Quartzite
Dragon Poet's ID#: 51045507

Dragon Poet Image:

51045507_350.png

Entry Category: Hooked on Haiku
Entry Title: On the endless chores of a common sailor

Entry:

Swab, scrape, knot, haul sail.
Deckhand's work is never done.
The view is worth it.
V9b7SpH.png sig_button.png
@Bxy26 [columns][size=4]Whizbang glanced over the poem. "This one looks all right and tight!" They placed the haiku in a folder with a stack of papers. They then turned back to Quartzite with a keen eye. "Need a place to hang yer hat, eh?"The spiral started scanning the crowds. "Where is that rascal, Enkidu? Enkidu!!" "Aww, geez! Can't a fella take a nap?!" The little green Snapper crawled out from under the table, bumping into the Imperial with an "Oops! Sorry!" "None o' that, lad!" Whizbang changed abruptly from congenial to all business. "Get ya' over t' the Jolly Rhymer and tell Davnan we'll have a visitor tonight." He spared a glance at Quartzite. "A laarge visitor. We'll need an extra bunk. Hop to it now!" As Enkidu whizzed uphill to the ship, Whizbang turned a warm smile to the poet-former-pirate. "Piece o' cake, see? Now I hopes yer needin' a bunk don't have nothing t' do with romance trouble, that's th' truth. Riverat creates enough complications in that area for th' lot o' us!"[/size][nextcol][img]https://i.imgur.com/DuS3Z4c.png[/img][/columns]
@Bxy26

Whizbang glanced over the poem. "This one looks all right and tight!" They placed the haiku in a folder with a stack of papers. They then turned back to Quartzite with a keen eye. "Need a place to hang yer hat, eh?"The spiral started scanning the crowds. "Where is that rascal, Enkidu? Enkidu!!"

"Aww, geez! Can't a fella take a nap?!" The little green Snapper crawled out from under the table, bumping into the Imperial with an "Oops! Sorry!"

"None o' that, lad!" Whizbang changed abruptly from congenial to all business. "Get ya' over t' the Jolly Rhymer and tell Davnan we'll have a visitor tonight." He spared a glance at Quartzite. "A laarge visitor. We'll need an extra bunk. Hop to it now!"

As Enkidu whizzed uphill to the ship, Whizbang turned a warm smile to the poet-former-pirate. "Piece o' cake, see? Now I hopes yer needin' a bunk don't have nothing t' do with romance trouble, that's th' truth. Riverat creates enough complications in that area for th' lot o' us!"
DuS3Z4c.png
UTakosS.pngY5AUp2a.gif qzV0stX.png
[columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/pehhOIr.png[/img][nextcol][size=4][color=teal]"Gorgeous! You are the soul of generosity and 'odesty." Riverat winked at her cheekily. "And who are those 'wo that doubt your 'alents? You send them to me and I'll set their steering straight." He blinked at the rest of her word sunk in and his grin stretched. "Your clan sound like quite a place to me. Into demolition are they? You need to 'ave a conversation with Whizbang.. They'll give you tips how to get the most out of your bang."[/columns] [columns][size=4][color=teal]His eyes began to twinkle, "And I'm not 'orried about your love, Gorgeous. In fact a dragon 'hat can catch your attention is one I'd like to meet. I'm sure he'll forgive me for not being blind to your many fascinating qualities. Once I explain. And Lytra will keep us from killing each other, It's his favorite past time."[nextcol][img]https://imgur.com/ovf2vEy.png[/img] [color=teal]@MythicalViper [size=0]Thank you for being so much fun to play off of! :D @Storygeek
pehhOIr.png "Gorgeous! You are the soul of generosity and 'odesty." Riverat winked at her cheekily. "And who are those 'wo that doubt your 'alents? You send them to me and I'll set their steering straight."

He blinked at the rest of her word sunk in and his grin stretched. "Your clan sound like quite a place to me. Into demolition are they? You need to 'ave a conversation with Whizbang.. They'll give you tips how to get the most out of your bang."
His eyes began to twinkle, "And I'm not 'orried about your love, Gorgeous. In fact a dragon 'hat can catch your attention is one I'd like to meet. I'm sure he'll forgive me for not being blind to your many fascinating qualities. Once I explain. And Lytra will keep us from killing each other, It's his favorite past time." ovf2vEy.png

@MythicalViper Thank you for being so much fun to play off of! :D

@Storygeek
8oOETBT.png Z85Oomo.png Game!
Wishlist
bN7rFE2.png 50307145.png Star a
Dragon
N24Y7nO.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 29 30