Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Compendium [Open Project]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
[font=times new roman][size=6][i]Dusking Powder[/size] By masotan[/i] [columns][item=white-masked dustbug] [item=moonstone] [nextcol][item=baku tusk] [item=jar of vapors][nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information:[/b] Dusking powder is a common sedative. It is most often found being used by dragons practicing medicine and by those that find it hard to sleep at night. It is a gentle but fairly powerful soporific, the dosage of the powder determines the length of time the taker is out for. If a higher dosage than meant is taken, a simple whiff of nearly any smoky smell will awake the sleeping subject fairly quickly. Be warned, in the wrong hands, dusking powder can be tampered with to be much harder to break and inflict dangerous side effects. Dusking powder is a base for dangerous powder type potions and is easily altered without the spell failing.[/columns] [font=times new roman] - Collect the desired amount of white-masked dustbugs. The fine powder that falls from dried bugs is the base for the spell. After the bugs have dried, sift them in a container with small, fine holes and collect the falling powder. - Powder a portion of the Baku tusk. The tusk works as a fuel for the magic portion of the mixture. While adding too much tusk wont up the potency of the dust after a certain point, too little will weaken it. A 1:1/4 ratio of dustbug powder to Baku tusk is advised. Add the tusk powder to the dustbug dust. - Mix the two powders together and add them to the Jar of Vapors. The Vapors make the powder easier to inhale. - Baku tusk is to fuel, as Moonstone is to a spark. The Moonstone must be set out in direct moonlight on the night of a full or gibbous moon. A quarter moon is sometimes sufficient, but it is advised to most to place the stone out on the aforementioned nights. A small (acorn to sunflower sized) piece of the Moonstone should then be chipped off, tossed into the jar of powders, and quickly sealed. - If the rest of the steps have been followed correctly, once the Moonstone has been added, a flash of blue light should go off and the powder should change to a deep purple color. It is advised to shake the container to make sure most of the magical reaction has taken place before inhaling. Keep the Moonstone in the jar at all times, lest the magical properties of the powder will quickly deteriorate. To administer, shake a small amount of powder into the palm of ones hand and breath in deeply. [color=#800000]Do not inhale Moonstone.[/color] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Dusking Powder
By masotan
White-Masked Dustbug Moonstone Baku Tusk Jar of Vapors Information: Dusking powder is a common sedative. It is most often found being used by dragons practicing medicine and by those that find it hard to sleep at night. It is a gentle but fairly powerful soporific, the dosage of the powder determines the length of time the taker is out for. If a higher dosage than meant is taken, a simple whiff of nearly any smoky smell will awake the sleeping subject fairly quickly.

Be warned, in the wrong hands, dusking powder can be tampered with to be much harder to break and inflict dangerous side effects. Dusking powder is a base for dangerous powder type potions and is easily altered without the spell failing.

- Collect the desired amount of white-masked dustbugs. The fine powder that falls from dried bugs is the base for the spell. After the bugs have dried, sift them in a container with small, fine holes and collect the falling powder.
- Powder a portion of the Baku tusk. The tusk works as a fuel for the magic portion of the mixture. While adding too much tusk wont up the potency of the dust after a certain point, too little will weaken it. A 1:1/4 ratio of dustbug powder to Baku tusk is advised. Add the tusk powder to the dustbug dust.
- Mix the two powders together and add them to the Jar of Vapors. The Vapors make the powder easier to inhale.
- Baku tusk is to fuel, as Moonstone is to a spark. The Moonstone must be set out in direct moonlight on the night of a full or gibbous moon. A quarter moon is sometimes sufficient, but it is advised to most to place the stone out on the aforementioned nights. A small (acorn to sunflower sized) piece of the Moonstone should then be chipped off, tossed into the jar of powders, and quickly sealed.
- If the rest of the steps have been followed correctly, once the Moonstone has been added, a flash of blue light should go off and the powder should change to a deep purple color. It is advised to shake the container to make sure most of the magical reaction has taken place before inhaling. Keep the Moonstone in the jar at all times, lest the magical properties of the powder will quickly deteriorate.

To administer, shake a small amount of powder into the palm of ones hand and breath in deeply. Do not inhale Moonstone.

Back to the Index
Grotesque-2-L.png Sourz/Everette
they/them | dae/daer
+3 hrs fr time
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎
[font=times new roman][size=6][i]Spirit Spy Glass[/size] By DeepFallsDen[/i] [columns][item=Multi-Lens Magnifier] [item=Silver Ore] [item=Foo's Eye] [nextcol][item=Ancestral Incense] [item=Crystal Quartz] [item=Kunzite][nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] Enchanted Spy Glasses that allow the ordinary dragon to see the creatures that lie between life and death[/columns] [font=times new roman]Create a simple spy glass frame using pure silver and a lens out of crystal quartz. Both the Frame and the Lens should be infused with Ancestral Essence. You should then crush some Kunzite into a fine powder. The Foo's eye should then have several runes of sight, death and revealing carved into them and those runes should then be filled with the Kunzite dust and the placed into the Silver Frame and the various pieces of the Spy Glass should be then assembled. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Spirit Spy Glass
By DeepFallsDen
Multi-Lens Magnifier
Silver Ore
Foo's Eye
Ancestral Incense
Crystal Quartz
Kunzite
Information
Enchanted Spy Glasses that allow the ordinary dragon to see the creatures that lie between life and death
Create a simple spy glass frame using pure silver and a lens out of crystal quartz. Both the Frame and the Lens should be infused with Ancestral Essence. You should then crush some Kunzite into a fine powder. The Foo's eye should then have several runes of sight, death and revealing carved into them and those runes should then be filled with the Kunzite dust and the placed into the Silver Frame and the various pieces of the Spy Glass should be then assembled.
Back to the Index

tumblr_ovep441MEO1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o2_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o3_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o4_100.pngtumblr_p0tg4rcq7d1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o2_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o3_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o4_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o5_100.pngtumblr_ovep441MEO1wt9849o2_100.png
[font=times new roman][size=6][i]Flux Cognizance[/size] By BlazingSkyDragon[/i] [columns][item=high-voltage almonds] [item=manaweed] [item=wind runestone] [nextcol][item=blacktongue pepper] [item=ashfall prickler] [item=glass beaker][nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] A bitter, tingly potion used to heighten the awareness and perception of the user. Also staves off exhaustion and sleepiness. Usually lasts for around 3-4 hours. [b]WARNING:[/b] After the effect wears off, lethargy and some aggressiveness are common for the next few hours, as well as inability to get restful sleep(if these side effects last for longer than a day, go to a healer/doctor [i]IMMEDIATELY[/i]). Do not use in large amounts.[/columns] [font=times new roman][b]Procedure[/b] First, retrieve a dozen of the almonds and another dozen of the pepper seeds. The numbers [i]must be exact[/i], adding too many of either can spoil the intended effect. Grind them up together into a fine powder. It should have a sand-like texture. Next, pour three cups of ashfall prickler juice with four teaspoons of manaweed extract into a separate container(glass beakers are best used here for ease of measurement). Thoroughly mix the two until the mixture is an even red-purple color. Begin heating the mixture at 250 degrees for 20 minutes. At the 10 minute mark, add the almond and pepper powder and stir it continuously for 5 minutes. Turn down the temperature to a low setting and let it simmer for the last 5 minutes. Then, after letting it cool for 10 minutes, pour the mixture into the container of choice. This next part is vital in producing the intended effect. Take the wind runestone and the container and store them both together in a dry, secure place for the next couple days. The runestone will imbue the potion with the windy attributes of energy and liveliness, enhancing it. The longer they are kept together, the more potent the effect. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Flux Cognizance
By BlazingSkyDragon
High-Voltage Almonds
Manaweed
Wind Runestone
Blacktongue Pepper
Ashfall Prickler
Glass Beaker
Information
A bitter, tingly potion used to heighten the awareness and perception of the user. Also staves off exhaustion and sleepiness. Usually lasts for around 3-4 hours.

WARNING: After the effect wears off, lethargy and some aggressiveness are common for the next few hours, as well as inability to get restful sleep(if these side effects last for longer than a day, go to a healer/doctor IMMEDIATELY). Do not use in large amounts.
Procedure
First, retrieve a dozen of the almonds and another dozen of the pepper seeds. The numbers must be exact, adding too many of either can spoil the intended effect. Grind them up together into a fine powder. It should have a sand-like texture.

Next, pour three cups of ashfall prickler juice with four teaspoons of manaweed extract into a separate container(glass beakers are best used here for ease of measurement). Thoroughly mix the two until the mixture is an even red-purple color.

Begin heating the mixture at 250 degrees for 20 minutes. At the 10 minute mark, add the almond and pepper powder and stir it continuously for 5 minutes. Turn down the temperature to a low setting and let it simmer for the last 5 minutes.

Then, after letting it cool for 10 minutes, pour the mixture into the container of choice. This next part is vital in producing the intended effect.

Take the wind runestone and the container and store them both together in a dry, secure place for the next couple days. The runestone will imbue the potion with the windy attributes of energy and liveliness, enhancing it. The longer they are kept together, the more potent the effect.

Back to the Index
VUS06en.gif
Call me Sky!
they/them | +0 FR Time
@Keelhaul

I really like this! Could I be added to the pinglist please?
@Keelhaul

I really like this! Could I be added to the pinglist please?
9f55gLY.png

FvIGeq0.jpg
@Keelhaul This is a super neat project so I had to contribute :> I'll be coming back to add more recipes for sure! Could I be added to the pinglist please?
@Keelhaul This is a super neat project so I had to contribute :> I'll be coming back to add more recipes for sure! Could I be added to the pinglist please?
VUS06en.gif
Call me Sky!
they/them | +0 FR Time
[font=times new roman][size=6][i]Ghostly Shroud[/size] By Nettletea[/i] [columns][item=Mysterious cowl] [item=Ghostly aura] [item=Enchanted remains] [nextcol][item=Conjurer's herb pouch] [item=Aer phantom] [item=Ice runestone][nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] Donning this cloak makes the wearer intangible, allowing them to pass through walls. It also gives them a ghostly appearance, and gives off a chilling aura.[/columns] [font=times new roman]Start with an ordinary cloak or cowl, preferably black. You will need nightshade, fly agaric, and some other poisonous herbs and fungi, an ice runestone, an Aer phantom, and some ghosts. Bottle the Spirits and herbs, and let sit for 108 days. Grind an ice runestone into powder, add to the bottle, and leave for an additional 13 days. If done right, the contents of the bottle should be smoky, and the bottle should be cold to the touch. Under a new moon, pour the mixture onto the cloak. Once it stops smoking, the Ghostly Shroud should be complete. NOTE: under no circumstances should you imbibe the mixture. If the deadly herbs and fungi do not kill you, you will wish they had. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Ghostly Shroud
By Nettletea
Mysterious Cowl
Ghostly Aura
Enchanted Remains
Conjurer's Herb Pouch
Aer Phantom
Ice Runestone
Information
Donning this cloak makes the wearer intangible, allowing them to pass through walls. It also gives them a ghostly appearance, and gives off a chilling aura.
Start with an ordinary cloak or cowl, preferably black. You will need nightshade, fly agaric, and some other poisonous herbs and fungi, an ice runestone, an Aer phantom, and some ghosts.
Bottle the Spirits and herbs, and let sit for 108 days. Grind an ice runestone into powder, add to the bottle, and leave for an additional 13 days. If done right, the contents of the bottle should be smoky, and the bottle should be cold to the touch.
Under a new moon, pour the mixture onto the cloak. Once it stops smoking, the Ghostly Shroud should be complete.
NOTE: under no circumstances should you imbibe the mixture. If the deadly herbs and fungi do not kill you, you will wish they had.
Back to the Index
Demiguy; He/Him or They/Them
[font=times new roman][size=6][i]Toxin Guard Pendant[/size] By Sciencemonkey[/i] [columns][item=toxindiver] [item=jar of slime] [item=powerful serthis poison] [item=bonepriest venom] [item=noxious coralclimber toxin] [nextcol][item=unstable serthis concoction] [item=beeswax] [item=carpenter wax] [item=leopard coralclimber toxin] [item=cursed talonclasp pendant][nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] An incredibly effective pendant used to ward off even the most potent of toxins, and protect guests from any disease in the Plaguebringer's domain. These pendants have been known to become useless when placed underwater.[/columns] [font=times new roman]To start, place the Toxindiver, intact, in a mixture of the bonepriest venom and the jar of slime. Next, mix the Powerful Serthis Poison with the Leopard Coralclimber Toxin, and the Unstable Serthis Concoction with the Noxious Coralclimber Toxin. Once this is finished, they must be set to rest in a extremely cold environment for the next two days. Afterwards, set aside the Toxindiver bottle, and pour the other two together, then electrocute the new mixture. Once the mixture starts to glow, pour in the Toxindiver mixture, and seal the concoction in the pendant with the waxes. Warning: If any mistake occurs, not only will you have to start over, but you [i]might[/i] be killed by the results. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Toxin Guard Pendant
By Sciencemonkey
Toxindiver
Jar of Slime
Powerful Serthis Poison
Bonepriest Venom
Noxious Coralclimber Toxin
Unstable Serthis Concoction
Beeswax
Carpenter Wax
Leopard Coralclimber Toxin
Cursed Talonclasp Pendant
Information
An incredibly effective pendant used to ward off even the most potent of toxins, and protect guests from any disease in the Plaguebringer's domain. These pendants have been known to become useless when placed underwater.
To start, place the Toxindiver, intact, in a mixture of the bonepriest venom and the jar of slime. Next, mix the Powerful Serthis Poison with the Leopard Coralclimber Toxin, and the Unstable Serthis Concoction with the Noxious Coralclimber Toxin. Once this is finished, they must be set to rest in a extremely cold environment for the next two days. Afterwards, set aside the Toxindiver bottle, and pour the other two together, then electrocute the new mixture. Once the mixture starts to glow, pour in the Toxindiver mixture, and seal the concoction in the pendant with the waxes.

Warning: If any mistake occurs, not only will you have to start over, but you might be killed by the results.
Back to the Index
Lore Clan, FR+2, She/her
Science.png
[font=times new roman][size=6][i][emoji=lightning rune]Harvester Bot[emoji=lightning rune][/size] By Sciencemonkey[/i] [columns][item=vengeful claws] [item=sickle claws] [item=hematite] [item=magnetite] [item=black iron segment] [item=coppercoil segment] [nextcol][item=volt wiring] [item=lumen wiring] [item=mistral glove] [item=spellbound glove] [item=tracker engine] [item=steelhound core] [nextcol][item=construction armor] [item=mimic powder] [item=firebrand tungsten] [item=charged tungsten] [item=battered laser coil] [item=chrome laser head] [nextcol][item=titanium wrench] [item=iron wrench] [nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] This Robot can harvest large quantities of plants or rock at once. [/columns] [font=times new roman]Instead of explaining the way to put it together, I will describe what does what, and where it is in the robot. Note: The wrenches are to assemble, not as part of the robot, and the wires are EVERYWHERE[emoji=coatl happy]. Design: The Vengeful and Sickle Claws go on the front, used for cutting stone and plants into a useful size. The Construction armor is the body of the robot, and contains the engines, and most of the wires. The Tracker and Steelhound engines change energy from the firebrand and charged tungsten, Tracker for firebrand, and Steelhound for charged, all stored inside the body of the robot. The lasers are used for sight, and four are mounted on top of the body of the construct and one as a tail for it, allowing it to see very well (five total). The gloves are used to pick up and store the samples and are near the Claws. The black iron and coppercoil segments are used as legs and are mounted around the construct. Lastly, the mimic powder, hematite, and magnetite are used as an AI generator for the construct, stored in the body of the construct. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Harvester Bot
By Sciencemonkey
Vengeful Claws
Sickle Claws
Hematite
Magnetite
Black Iron Segment
Coppercoil Segment
Volt Wiring
Lumen Wiring
Mistral Glove
Spellbound Glove
Tracker Engine
Steelhound Core
Construction Armor
Mimic Powder
Firebrand Tungsten
Charged Tungsten
Battered Laser Coil
Chrome Laser Head
Titanium Wrench
Iron Wrench
Information
This Robot can harvest large quantities of plants or rock at once.
Instead of explaining the way to put it together, I will describe what does what, and where it is in the robot.
Note: The wrenches are to assemble, not as part of the robot, and the wires are EVERYWHERE. Design: The Vengeful and Sickle Claws go on the front, used for cutting stone and plants into a useful size. The Construction armor is the body of the robot, and contains the engines, and most of the wires. The Tracker and Steelhound engines change energy from the firebrand and charged tungsten, Tracker for firebrand, and Steelhound for charged, all stored inside the body of the robot. The lasers are used for sight, and four are mounted on top of the body of the construct and one as a tail for it, allowing it to see very well (five total). The gloves are used to pick up and store the samples and are near the Claws. The black iron and coppercoil segments are used as legs and are mounted around the construct. Lastly, the mimic powder, hematite, and magnetite are used as an AI generator for the construct, stored in the body of the construct.
Back to the Index
Lore Clan, FR+2, She/her
Science.png
Oh *affirmative cursing* I love this, frickity frack

please ping me the heck up @Keelhaul and don't even be surprised if I'm subbed. this is neat. I love it, heck yes all the way thank you everyone that's contributed so far! \o/
Oh *affirmative cursing* I love this, frickity frack

please ping me the heck up @Keelhaul and don't even be surprised if I'm subbed. this is neat. I love it, heck yes all the way thank you everyone that's contributed so far! \o/
chivsig1.pngchivsig2.pngchivsig3.gifchivsig4.gifchivsig5.png
[font=times new roman][size=6][i]Magic Lamp[/size] By Nettletea[/i] [columns][item=lesser wisp] [item=spellbound beetle] [item=iron ore] [nextcol][item=mimic powder] [item=antique oil lamp] [item=barnacle-encrusted bottle][nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] Create your own djinni in a bottle! Once bound, the spirit will obey your every command. [b]Warning:[/b] Djinni [i]may[/i] try to take revenge on the magician who bound them, so be extra careful when issuing commands.[/columns] [font=times new roman]You will need a djinn, and something to put it in, such as an oil lamp or a bottle. Add some iron fillings. This will weaken the djinn, and make it easier to contain. Take a spellbound beetle, and crush into powder. Sprinkle the powder on your lamp/bottle. Now for the hard part: convince the djinn to enter the trap. Djinn are naturally arrogant, so play to their ego. Once confined, the djinn will be unable to leave the bottle/lamp on its own, and will be forced to obey your command. Keep in mind that the binding process limits its magical power. There is a small chance that the binding might wear off. Simply sprinkle some more iron fillings and crushed spellbound beetle on the bottle/lamp to renew the binds. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Magic Lamp
By Nettletea
Lesser Wisp
Spellbound Beetle
Iron Ore
Mimic Powder
Antique Oil Lamp
Barnacle-Encrusted Bottle
Information
Create your own djinni in a bottle! Once bound, the spirit will obey your every command.
Warning:
Djinni may try to take revenge on the magician who bound them, so be extra careful when issuing commands.
You will need a djinn, and something to put it in, such as an oil lamp or a bottle. Add some iron fillings. This will weaken the djinn, and make it easier to contain. Take a spellbound beetle, and crush into powder. Sprinkle the powder on your lamp/bottle. Now for the hard part: convince the djinn to enter the trap. Djinn are naturally arrogant, so play to their ego.
Once confined, the djinn will be unable to leave the bottle/lamp on its own, and will be forced to obey your command. Keep in mind that the binding process limits its magical power.
There is a small chance that the binding might wear off. Simply sprinkle some more iron fillings and crushed spellbound beetle on the bottle/lamp to renew the binds.
Back to the Index
Demiguy; He/Him or They/Them
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14