Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Compendium [Open Project]
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14
[font=times new roman][size=6][i][emoji=shadow rune]Midnight Flares[emoji=shadow rune][/size] By Sciencemonkey[/i] [columns][item=dusk jadevine] [item=bioluminescent tail] [item=glowing tail] [nextcol][item=inky octopus] [item=pulsating green embers] [item=flamerest embers] [item=bamboo shoot][nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] These flares can't been seen by anyone but the shadow flight or the spirits and [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/4#post_37859449]spirit spy glass[/url]. This allows for shadow dragons to give directions, without alerting their quarry.[/columns] [font=times new roman]Crush everything up (except bamboo & jade vine) and throw it in the bamboo and close the top. Enchant the top and sides not to burn. Put jadevine into the rocket and use as fuse. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Midnight Flares
By Sciencemonkey
Dusk Jadevine
Bioluminescent Tail
Glowing Tail
Inky Octopus
Pulsating Green Embers
Flamerest Embers
Bamboo Shoot
Information
These flares can't been seen by anyone but the shadow flight or the spirits and spirit spy glass. This allows for shadow dragons to give directions, without alerting their quarry.
Crush everything up (except bamboo & jade vine) and throw it in the bamboo and close the top. Enchant the top and sides not to burn. Put jadevine into the rocket and use as fuse.
Back to the Index
Lore Clan, FR+2, She/her
Science.png
[font=times new roman][size=6][i]Umbral Phantasms[/size] By BlazingSkyDragon[/i] [columns][item=omen seeker] [item=umbral yarn] [item=bottled embers] [nextcol][item=shadowbinder's tears] [item=carbon cushion colony] [item=enchanted remains] [nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] A bottled spell, used to conjure four to six animals made from shadows and dust. These phantoms are controlled by the user, employed to perform all manner of tricks, often for shows and carnivals. They disintegrate after about 10 minutes. These spirits can be of any variety of creature, but are more prone to appear as crows, snakes, foxes, or cats. They are unable to physically touch living creatures, only passing through them.[/columns] [font=times new roman][b]Procedure[/b] The spell must be created under a new moon. Attempting the procedure during the day or under any other moon will yield no results. [s]Do [i]not[/i] attempt under a Blood Moon. Don't.[/s] Right after the sun has set is prime time to start. To produce this spell, the first thing needed is fresh embers. The best ones to use are ones harvested from smoke gyres. However, if unavailable embers from burning wood work just fine. After putting them into a heat-proof bottle, place a single omen seeker feather and one hair from an Umbral Wolf into the container while the embers are still hot, and close it securely. Let the embers burn the feather and the hair into ash. While the embers cool, crush a variety of carbon cushion mushrooms, as well as some pieces of Shadowbinder's tears. Mix them together thoroughly. Once the ashes are only warm, pour them into a new flask with the mix of mushrooms and tears. Hold closed and shake vigorously for a full minute. The dust and smoke should now be swirling in the container, seemingly on its own. The hardest part is next. Take the bones of any small creature(bird, snake, etc), and put them into the container, without letting the smoke escape. After both are safely contained, permanently seal the bottle. Wrap it in a strip of clothing from something you own. This will imprint on the spell that you're the owner, and allow you to control any apparitions created by it. Finally, leave the glass out in full view of the sky for the rest of the night. Come morning, having done the process correctly, the smoke inside the container should have taken on an almost purple-ish sheen. Holding it should cause the swirling dust to move more actively. To use, simply smash the bottle on the ground, and the dust will coalesce into multiple phantoms for you to use. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Umbral Phantasms
By BlazingSkyDragon
Omen Seeker
Umbral Yarn
Bottled Embers
Shadowbinder's Tears
Carbon Cushion Colony
Enchanted Remains
Information
A bottled spell, used to conjure four to six animals made from shadows and dust. These phantoms are controlled by the user, employed to perform all manner of tricks, often for shows and carnivals. They disintegrate after about 10 minutes.

These spirits can be of any variety of creature, but are more prone to appear as crows, snakes, foxes, or cats. They are unable to physically touch living creatures, only passing through them.
Procedure
The spell must be created under a new moon. Attempting the procedure during the day or under any other moon will yield no results. Do not attempt under a Blood Moon. Don't.

Right after the sun has set is prime time to start. To produce this spell, the first thing needed is fresh embers. The best ones to use are ones harvested from smoke gyres. However, if unavailable embers from burning wood work just fine. After putting them into a heat-proof bottle, place a single omen seeker feather and one hair from an Umbral Wolf into the container while the embers are still hot, and close it securely. Let the embers burn the feather and the hair into ash.

While the embers cool, crush a variety of carbon cushion mushrooms, as well as some pieces of Shadowbinder's tears. Mix them together thoroughly.

Once the ashes are only warm, pour them into a new flask with the mix of mushrooms and tears. Hold closed and shake vigorously for a full minute. The dust and smoke should now be swirling in the container, seemingly on its own.

The hardest part is next. Take the bones of any small creature(bird, snake, etc), and put them into the container, without letting the smoke escape. After both are safely contained, permanently seal the bottle. Wrap it in a strip of clothing from something you own. This will imprint on the spell that you're the owner, and allow you to control any apparitions created by it. Finally, leave the glass out in full view of the sky for the rest of the night.

Come morning, having done the process correctly, the smoke inside the container should have taken on an almost purple-ish sheen. Holding it should cause the swirling dust to move more actively.

To use, simply smash the bottle on the ground, and the dust will coalesce into multiple phantoms for you to use.
Back to the Index
VUS06en.gif
Call me Sky!
they/them | +0 FR Time
[emoji=shadow rune] [font=times new roman][size=6][i]Essense of Luck[/size] [emoji=shadow rune] By Alliance[/i] [columns][item=Leucistic Crow] [item=Mirage Puffer Spines] [item=Respectable Alabaster Gloves] [Item=Vial of mysterious toxin] [nextcol][item=shadowbinder's tears] [item=Spectral fuchsia ghastcrown] [item=Squirrel skull][nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] A dash of interception, a whiff of the unperceived, a drop of a different time where your luck was... A little better. Essense of Luck is a careful thing to hold as it doesn't just make you lucky, it allows you to see through the veil to an adjacent time when you made the right choice, a better choice. Bet on black instead of red, follow that Nocturne deeper into the woods, definitely don't eat that weird glowing mushroom you found on the side of a tree. Shadow dragons who love to gamble and love to cheat are well known for having Essense of Luck on them at all times, a drop in one or both eyes is all you need to be just a bit... Luckier.[/columns] [font=times new roman]Wearing the alabaster gloves and ghastcrown grind the squirrel skulls, Shadowbinder's tears, and mirage puffer spines into a fine powder inside a morter and pestle either made of solid gold or encrusted in a dragons discarded Gembond, whichever is more available. Do not simply line a stone morter and pestle in gold, it will not work. Do not line a stone morter and pestle in opalized dragon scales or gemstones as that will also not work. Grind enough of the materials to bake into bread and do so. If you can use water gathered from the drippings of Shadowbinder's Tears in the baking all the better for it. Feed the bread to a pure white crow with blue eyes. An albino crow with red eyes will not work. Do not touch the bread with your bare hands, keep them inside the gloves at all times while handling the bread. Do not look the crow directly in the eye while feeding them the bread, the ghastcrown will help. Wait an hour before extracting the blood of the crow. How you do this is up to you. Extract as much or as little as you desire. Keep in a vial with no label and allow it to ferment for exactly 777 days. Once it has fermented for 777 days you are to dilute the blood until it is nearly translucent. Bottle as desired with eye dropper and use as needed. For application drop a single drop into one or both eyes for eight seconds of Extra Luck you may use at your desire. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url] (I wish there were some things related to money, gambling, or the actual Carnival in the available list [emoji=coatl sad])
Essense of Luck
By Alliance
Leucistic Crow
Mirage Puffer Spines
Respectable Alabaster Gloves
Vial of Mysterious Toxin
Shadowbinder's Tears
Spectral Fuchsia Ghastcrown
Squirrel Skull
Information
A dash of interception, a whiff of the unperceived, a drop of a different time where your luck was... A little better. Essense of Luck is a careful thing to hold as it doesn't just make you lucky, it allows you to see through the veil to an adjacent time when you made the right choice, a better choice. Bet on black instead of red, follow that Nocturne deeper into the woods, definitely don't eat that weird glowing mushroom you found on the side of a tree. Shadow dragons who love to gamble and love to cheat are well known for having Essense of Luck on them at all times, a drop in one or both eyes is all you need to be just a bit... Luckier.
Wearing the alabaster gloves and ghastcrown grind the squirrel skulls, Shadowbinder's tears, and mirage puffer spines into a fine powder inside a morter and pestle either made of solid gold or encrusted in a dragons discarded Gembond, whichever is more available. Do not simply line a stone morter and pestle in gold, it will not work. Do not line a stone morter and pestle in opalized dragon scales or gemstones as that will also not work. Grind enough of the materials to bake into bread and do so. If you can use water gathered from the drippings of Shadowbinder's Tears in the baking all the better for it.

Feed the bread to a pure white crow with blue eyes. An albino crow with red eyes will not work. Do not touch the bread with your bare hands, keep them inside the gloves at all times while handling the bread. Do not look the crow directly in the eye while feeding them the bread, the ghastcrown will help.

Wait an hour before extracting the blood of the crow. How you do this is up to you. Extract as much or as little as you desire. Keep in a vial with no label and allow it to ferment for exactly 777 days. Once it has fermented for 777 days you are to dilute the blood until it is nearly translucent.

Bottle as desired with eye dropper and use as needed. For application drop a single drop into one or both eyes for eight seconds of Extra Luck you may use at your desire.

Back to the Index

(I wish there were some things related to money, gambling, or the actual Carnival in the available list )
2dMJezN.pngqIEuPPv.png
[emoji=shadow rune][font=times new roman][size=6][i]Spirit's Trap: Armour[/size][emoji=shadow rune] By DeepFallsDen[/i] [columns][item=Spectral Fuchsia Ghastcrown] [item=Umbral Scale Wingplates] [item=Vial of Mysterious Toxin] [item=Night Flame] [nextcol] [item=White Raven Armor] [item=Conjurer's Herb Pouch] [item=Mirage Puffer Spines] [item=Zeeba Horn] [nextcol] [font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] The Most useful type of Spirit Trap, Spirit Armour contains an unruly spirit inside an enchanted suit of armour. This armour should also be coated in suitable binding runes to prevent the spirit taking advantage of their new physical form to do harm to those who trapped it. Find an example of a Spirit Armour [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2641151/1#post_38097211]Here[/url] [/columns] [font=times new roman] A Dragon planing to make Spirit Armour should first purchase a suitable set of armour, this armour then needs to have a wide variety of spirit, entrapment and control runes etched into its surface. These runes should be carved into the armour using a Zeeba Horn Knife that has been soaked in a specially prepared solution, this solution differs from maker to maker and should be made in advanced. You should then take some Mirage Puffer Spines and grind them into a fine powder, you should then add this powder to fresh spring water and bring the mixture to a boil over a Night Flame. The resulting product should then be worked into the runes under a new moon or lunar eclipse with the late being far more effective. To activate the armour a spirit merely needs to be tricked into touching it. The armour should then absorb the spirit into itself, binding the two together until the armour suffers sufficient damage, while also binding the spirit to the makers whims for the same period. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Spirit's Trap: Armour
By DeepFallsDen
Spectral Fuchsia Ghastcrown
Umbral Scale Wingplates
Vial of Mysterious Toxin
Night Flame
White Raven Armor
Conjurer's Herb Pouch
Mirage Puffer Spines
Zeeba Horn
Information
The Most useful type of Spirit Trap, Spirit Armour contains an unruly spirit inside an enchanted suit of armour. This armour should also be coated in suitable binding runes to prevent the spirit taking advantage of their new physical form to do harm to those who trapped it.
Find an example of a Spirit Armour Here

A Dragon planing to make Spirit Armour should first purchase a suitable set of armour, this armour then needs to have a wide variety of spirit, entrapment and control runes etched into its surface. These runes should be carved into the armour using a Zeeba Horn Knife that has been soaked in a specially prepared solution, this solution differs from maker to maker and should be made in advanced.
You should then take some Mirage Puffer Spines and grind them into a fine powder, you should then add this powder to fresh spring water and bring the mixture to a boil over a Night Flame. The resulting product should then be worked into the runes under a new moon or lunar eclipse with the late being far more effective.
To activate the armour a spirit merely needs to be tricked into touching it. The armour should then absorb the spirit into itself, binding the two together until the armour suffers sufficient damage, while also binding the spirit to the makers whims for the same period.
Back to the Index
tumblr_ovep441MEO1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o2_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o3_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o4_100.pngtumblr_p0tg4rcq7d1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o2_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o3_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o4_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o5_100.pngtumblr_ovep441MEO1wt9849o2_100.png
@Keelhaul
This is a really neat idea, I will definitely contribute in the future, may I be added to the pinglist? ^^
@Keelhaul
This is a really neat idea, I will definitely contribute in the future, may I be added to the pinglist? ^^
a4c78f3334cb95c4fc6eac8df982625406bc556fr1-100-100_hq.gif2woxT3x.png
[font=times new roman][size=6][i]SOLAR TONIC[/size] By PASTIE[/i] [columns][item=Unicorn Dust] [item=Gold Ore] [item=Glowing Pocket Bauble] [nextcol][item=Sublime Peacock] [item=Gold Muck] [item=Bioluminescent Tail][nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] A commonly sighted potion in the stores of researchers, this tonic is capable of making even the darkest of places as bright as midday to the user. Those who intend to venture into the Hewn City, the deep caverns of Dragonhome, or the Forum of the Obscured Crescent will usually be seen with at least ten of these potions.[/columns] [font=times new roman] In order to brew a Solar Tonic, the Dragon must first acquire three peacock feathers, a pint of unicorn dust, a pocket mouse bauble, and the tail of a Cave Jewel. These ingredients must then be ground up into a fine paste, and then left to soak in the sun's rays for one day. Once the ingredients have dried into a chalky substance, they must be mixed together with Gold muck until the remaining substance is a paste once again. Combine one liter of spring water with the paste, and then leave it to sit for one day. For optimal shelf life, add a sprinkling of Gold Ore once the tonic is completed. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
SOLAR TONIC
By PASTIE
Unicorn Dust
Gold Ore
Glowing Pocket Bauble
Sublime Peacock
Gold Muck
Bioluminescent Tail
Information
A commonly sighted potion in the stores of researchers, this tonic is capable of making even the darkest of places as bright as midday to the user. Those who intend to venture into the Hewn City, the deep caverns of Dragonhome, or the Forum of the Obscured Crescent will usually be seen with at least ten of these potions.
In order to brew a Solar Tonic, the Dragon must first acquire three peacock feathers, a pint of unicorn dust, a pocket mouse bauble, and the tail of a Cave Jewel. These ingredients must then be ground up into a fine paste, and then left to soak in the sun's rays for one day. Once the ingredients have dried into a chalky substance, they must be mixed together with Gold muck until the remaining substance is a paste once again. Combine one liter of spring water with the paste, and then leave it to sit for one day. For optimal shelf life, add a sprinkling of Gold Ore once the tonic is completed.

Back to the Index
@Keelhaul
So I noticed that I seemed to fall into a trend when it came to my entries here and wanted to expand on it so I made a Thread Similar to this one only its for ghosts and stuff. I was wondering if I would be allowed link that back to here?
Here's what I've got so far
@Keelhaul
So I noticed that I seemed to fall into a trend when it came to my entries here and wanted to expand on it so I made a Thread Similar to this one only its for ghosts and stuff. I was wondering if I would be allowed link that back to here?
Here's what I've got so far
tumblr_ovep441MEO1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o2_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o3_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o4_100.pngtumblr_p0tg4rcq7d1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o2_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o3_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o4_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o5_100.pngtumblr_ovep441MEO1wt9849o2_100.png
[font=times new roman][size=6][i][emoji=crescent moon 1]Bottled Night[emoji=crescent moon 1][/size] By Nettletea[/i] [columns][item=murky scales] [item=shadowbinder's tears] [item=inky octopus] [nextcol][item=dusk jadevine] [item=night flame] [item=zeeba horn][nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] A vial of pure darkness. Open to release an impenetrable cloud that blots out all light, natural and dragon-made. The effect wears off after a few minutes.[/columns] [font=times new roman]Grind some murky scales into powder, and dissolve in a solution that is three parts water and one part octopus ink. Add a small piece of Shadowbinder's tears, and shake well. Throw in some dried dusk jadevine, and leave the mixture to sit under the crescent moon. Crush some zeeba horn and mix into the vial, which should turn it completely black. Firmly bottle, and heat over a single candle. If everything was done correctly, the mixture will look like black mist. Remember to shake well before using. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Bottled Night
By Nettletea
Murky Scales
Shadowbinder's Tears
Inky Octopus
Dusk Jadevine
Night Flame
Zeeba Horn
Information
A vial of pure darkness. Open to release an impenetrable cloud that blots out all light, natural and dragon-made. The effect wears off after a few minutes.
Grind some murky scales into powder, and dissolve in a solution that is three parts water and one part octopus ink. Add a small piece of Shadowbinder's tears, and shake well. Throw in some dried dusk jadevine, and leave the mixture to sit under the crescent moon. Crush some zeeba horn and mix into the vial, which should turn it completely black. Firmly bottle, and heat over a single candle. If everything was done correctly, the mixture will look like black mist.
Remember to shake well before using.
Back to the Index
Demiguy; He/Him or They/Them
[font=times new roman][size=6][i]Mariner’s Lure[/size] By Keelhaul[/i] [columns][item=Bountiful fishnet] [item=Azure lure] [item=Silver ore] [nextcol][item=Sinew net] [item=Sharpened serthis spear] [item=Silver featherfin][nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] The Mariner’s Lure is a common magical item used mainly to attract fish and increase bounty. They’re easy to make, but sometimes Mariner’s Lures can be found washed up on shore among the other beach junk. Fishermen can use Mariner’s Lures as regular fishing lures or hooks, but they can also be hung from fishing nets. Mariner’s Lures appear as a typical silver fishing hook, though it never tarnishes or dents no matter how old. It’s a common rumor among fisherman that it’s good luck to keep a Mariner’s Lure on a pendant around your neck, and that it wards off the chances of drowning or being caught in a storm. [/columns] [font=times new roman]First begin with a fishing hook made of pure silver. Also be sure to have a single scale of a silver featherfin on hand. The wish-granting ability of the silver featherfin also effects its scales, giving shed scales the unique effect of positively skewing the luck of anyone who carries the scale. Tie the scale to the fishhook, and make sure it’s secure. All you have to do is carry the lure with you. The longer you carry the lure, the stronger its effect becomes. The effect first becomes visible after around a week. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Mariner’s Lure
By Keelhaul
Bountiful Fishnet
Azure Lure
Silver Ore
Sinew Net
Sharpened Serthis Spear
Silver Featherfin
Information
The Mariner’s Lure is a common magical item used mainly to attract fish and increase bounty. They’re easy to make, but sometimes Mariner’s Lures can be found washed up on shore among the other beach junk. Fishermen can use Mariner’s Lures as regular fishing lures or hooks, but they can also be hung from fishing nets.
Mariner’s Lures appear as a typical silver fishing hook, though it never tarnishes or dents no matter how old. It’s a common rumor among fisherman that it’s good luck to keep a Mariner’s Lure on a pendant around your neck, and that it wards off the chances of drowning or being caught in a storm.
First begin with a fishing hook made of pure silver. Also be sure to have a single scale of a silver featherfin on hand.
The wish-granting ability of the silver featherfin also effects its scales, giving shed scales the unique effect of positively skewing the luck of anyone who carries the scale. Tie the scale to the fishhook, and make sure it’s secure. All you have to do is carry the lure with you. The longer you carry the lure, the stronger its effect becomes. The effect first becomes visible after around a week.
Back to the Index
Clan Lore
[font=times new roman][size=6][i]Grove Guardian[/size] By Keelhaul[/i] [columns][item=Ghastly houndskull] [item=Garden Lace] [nextcol][item=Ivory tusk] [item=Ancestral incense][nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] Grove Guardians are constructs created of bone and plant matter, and are typically created by druids in order to defend holy places of nature. When traveling alone in the woods, your first warning would be the bleached white bones half-buried in lichen. Your second warning would be the hollow buzzing and clicking sounds, cicada-like in sound but far more sinister than such. If you don’t turn back at that point, you will receive no further warnings. Grove Guardiands are not undead, and the bones are only the frame that supports the plants that do the actual moving. The lichen and vines act as muscles that allow the skeleton to move as swiftly as living dragons. They have only limited sentience and cannot speak, and their intelligence only allows them to distinguish friend from foe. They’re typically tasked to guard sacred sites, such as the burial place of a revered druid, or a place where the Gladekeeper herself was said to have walked. Grove Guardians are armed with bone spurs and wickedly-sharp claws. Depending on the skeleton used (which doesn’t necessarily have to be a dragon’s), it may pick up additional properties and abilities.[/columns] [font=times new roman]The primary component of a Grove Guardian is the skeleton. Any skeleton larger than that of a fae dragon will work. The plants used to mobilize the skeleton typically adopt the speed and strength of the type of skeleton used. Therefore, a spiral skeleton will produce weak but swift Grove Guardians, while an imperial skeleton will produce unwieldy but powerful Guardians. The moss and lichen are exceedingly rare and typically sprout only in hallowed places. The easiest place to find the plants is close to the Behemoth, as they tend to sprout in places that she has touched. The grave of powerful druids can also sometimes cause these lichens to flourish. Such plants must be found, and cannot be cultivated. After anointing the bones with holy oil, leave them in close proximity to the lichen and moss, and wait for it to grow over the skeleton. After three moon cycles have completed, the Grove Guardian will rise, bound to the place where it was created. Grove Guardians can recognize their creators by distinguishing features such as a particular necklace or color of scales. However, their sentience is limited, and they can be fooled into allowing other dragons to pass if said dragon possesses similar traits. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Grove Guardian
By Keelhaul
Ghastly Houndskull
Garden Lace
Ivory Tusk
Ancestral Incense
Information
Grove Guardians are constructs created of bone and plant matter, and are typically created by druids in order to defend holy places of nature. When traveling alone in the woods, your first warning would be the bleached white bones half-buried in lichen. Your second warning would be the hollow buzzing and clicking sounds, cicada-like in sound but far more sinister than such. If you don’t turn back at that point, you will receive no further warnings.
Grove Guardiands are not undead, and the bones are only the frame that supports the plants that do the actual moving. The lichen and vines act as muscles that allow the skeleton to move as swiftly as living dragons. They have only limited sentience and cannot speak, and their intelligence only allows them to distinguish friend from foe.
They’re typically tasked to guard sacred sites, such as the burial place of a revered druid, or a place where the Gladekeeper herself was said to have walked. Grove Guardians are armed with bone spurs and wickedly-sharp claws. Depending on the skeleton used (which doesn’t necessarily have to be a dragon’s), it may pick up additional properties and abilities.
The primary component of a Grove Guardian is the skeleton. Any skeleton larger than that of a fae dragon will work. The plants used to mobilize the skeleton typically adopt the speed and strength of the type of skeleton used. Therefore, a spiral skeleton will produce weak but swift Grove Guardians, while an imperial skeleton will produce unwieldy but powerful Guardians.
The moss and lichen are exceedingly rare and typically sprout only in hallowed places. The easiest place to find the plants is close to the Behemoth, as they tend to sprout in places that she has touched. The grave of powerful druids can also sometimes cause these lichens to flourish. Such plants must be found, and cannot be cultivated.
After anointing the bones with holy oil, leave them in close proximity to the lichen and moss, and wait for it to grow over the skeleton. After three moon cycles have completed, the Grove Guardian will rise, bound to the place where it was created.
Grove Guardians can recognize their creators by distinguishing features such as a particular necklace or color of scales. However, their sentience is limited, and they can be fooled into allowing other dragons to pass if said dragon possesses similar traits.
Back to the Index
Clan Lore
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14