Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Compendium [Open Project]
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
[font=times new roman][size=6][i]Swiftscale Climber[/size] By Sciencemonkey[/i] [columns] [item=The dusk rogue] [item=waterskin] [nextcol] | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | [nextcol][item=opal cobra] [item=onyx cobra] [item=amethyst striker] [item=emerald striker] [nextcol][item=bold jumping spider] [item=java sparrow] [item=albino dasher] [item=grey river jumper] [nextcol] | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |[nextcol] [item=zephyr sparrow] [item=tree gecko] [item=tokay gecko] [item=brown river recluse] [nextcol] [item=acid widow] [item=cinder creeper] [nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] The Swiftscale climber set allows for the wearer to climb up even the slickest of surfaces, even in conditions where wings won't work. It also allows the wearer to move extremely fast compared to their normal speed, to a point.[/columns] [font=times new roman]NOTE: Any Rogue set will work, and any amounts of the sets will work, if the gloves and footpads are there. Combine all the creatures (crushed) from the list of the Opal Cobra to Grey River Jumper (above) in a Waterskin, and pour on the footpads, bracers, belt, cape, and tail binding. Do the same to the list of the zephyr sparrow to cinder creeper and brown river recluse, but pour on vest, hood, mask, gloves, and wing guard. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Swiftscale Climber
By Sciencemonkey
The Dusk Rogue
Waterskin
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Opal Cobra
Onyx Cobra
Amethyst Striker
Emerald Striker
Bold Jumping Spider
Java Sparrow
Albino Dasher
Grey River Jumper
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Zephyr Sparrow
Tree Gecko
Tokay Gecko
Brown River Recluse
Acid Widow
Cinder Creeper
Information
The Swiftscale climber set allows for the wearer to climb up even the slickest of surfaces, even in conditions where wings won't work. It also allows the wearer to move extremely fast compared to their normal speed, to a point.
NOTE: Any Rogue set will work, and any amounts of the sets will work, if the gloves and footpads are there.

Combine all the creatures (crushed) from the list of the Opal Cobra to Grey River Jumper (above) in a Waterskin, and pour on the footpads, bracers, belt, cape, and tail binding.
Do the same to the list of the zephyr sparrow to cinder creeper and brown river recluse, but pour on vest, hood, mask, gloves, and wing guard.
Back to the Index
Lore Clan, FR+2, She/her
Science.png
@Keelhaul Please add me to the pinglist [emoji=coatl happy]
@Keelhaul
Please add me to the pinglist
Lore Clan, FR+2, She/her
Science.png
[font=times new roman][size=6][i]Bag of Holding[/size] By Nettletea[/i] [columns][item=Featherfall pack] [item=Arcane tome] [item=Rusted treasure chest] [nextcol][item=Dwarf mushroom] [item=Unicorn dust] [item=Primary pigment blend][nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] A fairly simple enchantment that increases the carrying capacity of backpacks, pouches or satchels. Used by travelers, and anyone who needs to carry a large amount of equipment around.[/columns] [font=times new roman]This enchantment is so common that it can be found in any beginner's spellbook. You will need the bag you wish to enchant, as well as a large chest or storage box. Other ingredients include dwarf mushrooms, unicorn dust, and some paint. Leave the mushrooms out to dry, and crush into fine powder. Along with unicorn dust, mix into a paint mix. Scrawl a magic circle on the ground, and place the bag and chest within. Make sure both are empty, or else the enchantment won't work. Use the paint mixture to paint the proper runes onto the chest and bag, and chant the spell. If it works, then the bag should be linked to the inside of the chest. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Bag of Holding
By Nettletea
Featherfall Pack
Arcane Tome
Rusted Treasure Chest
Dwarf Mushroom
Unicorn Dust
Primary Pigment Blend
Information
A fairly simple enchantment that increases the carrying capacity of backpacks, pouches or satchels. Used by travelers, and anyone who needs to carry a large amount of equipment around.
This enchantment is so common that it can be found in any beginner's spellbook. You will need the bag you wish to enchant, as well as a large chest or storage box. Other ingredients include dwarf mushrooms, unicorn dust, and some paint.
Leave the mushrooms out to dry, and crush into fine powder. Along with unicorn dust, mix into a paint mix. Scrawl a magic circle on the ground, and place the bag and chest within. Make sure both are empty, or else the enchantment won't work. Use the paint mixture to paint the proper runes onto the chest and bag, and chant the spell. If it works, then the bag should be linked to the inside of the chest.
Back to the Index
Demiguy; He/Him or They/Them
I feel like I'm making way too many of these, but they're fun and don't take up too much time.
Also @Keelhaul please add me to the pinglist.
I feel like I'm making way too many of these, but they're fun and don't take up too much time.
Also @Keelhaul please add me to the pinglist.
Demiguy; He/Him or They/Them
[font=times new roman][size=6][i][emoji=book]Summon the Compendium[emoji=book 2][/size] By Sciencemonkey[/i] [columns][item=Shining Feather Cluster] [item=Battered book of fables] [item=mimic powder] [item=tales of terror] [item=scary storybook] [nextcol][item=analogous pigment blend] [item=primary pigment blend] [item=grouse basilisk field notes] [item=coral basilisk field notes] [item=empty inkwell][nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] A page sticks out from a book, it reads: Summon the Compendium, A book of magical recipes[/columns] [font=times new roman]Align all the books on top of each other. Then place the inkwell on top of the books and fill it with the pigments. Drop the feather cluster in the pigments and cover every surface of the pillar of books and the inkwell with mimic powder. Then, blast with elemental magics. Enjoy reading this book. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Summon the Compendium
By Sciencemonkey
Shining Feather Cluster
Battered Book of Fables
Mimic Powder
Tales of Terror
Scary Storybook
Analogous Pigment Blend
Primary Pigment Blend
Grouse Basilisk Field Notes
Coral Basilisk Field Notes
Empty Inkwell
Information
A page sticks out from a book, it reads:
Summon the Compendium, A book of magical recipes
Align all the books on top of each other. Then place the inkwell on top of the books and fill it with the pigments. Drop the feather cluster in the pigments and cover every surface of the pillar of books and the inkwell with mimic powder. Then, blast with elemental magics. Enjoy reading this book.
Back to the Index
Lore Clan, FR+2, She/her
Science.png
[font=times new roman][size=6][i]Blade Master's Gear[/size] By Sciencemonkey[/i] [columns][item=expertly-crafted spear] [item=ebon-edged spear] [item=decorative centaur quiver] [item=leather centaur quiver] [item=battered shields] [nextcol] [item=shark tooth spear] [item=Behemoth lance] [item=ceremonial scythe] [item=sickle claws] [item=sharpened scythe] [item=truthy pile of metal] [item=polychromatic locket][nextcol] [item=raptorik talonblades] [item=metal claws] [item=Sharpened Serthis Lance] [item=Sharpened Serthis Spear] [item=vengeful claws] [nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] Note: Any armor set will work, and any amount, but whole set is most helpful. Any other lockets will work as well. This enchantment allows the wearer to summon weapons from the armor and use them as spikes in an emergency.[/columns] [font=times new roman]Take the locket and armor, and enchant it with the recipe from the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/5#post_37913524]Bag of Holding[/url] and elemental magics, while dropping in weapons. Pretty Simple, but useful for any combat scenario. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Blade Master's Gear
By Sciencemonkey
Expertly-Crafted Spear
Ebon-Edged Spear
Decorative Centaur Quiver
Leather Centaur Quiver
Battered Shields
Shark Tooth Spear
Behemoth Lance
Ceremonial Scythe
Sickle Claws
Sharpened Scythe
Truthy Pile of Metal
Polychromatic Locket
Raptorik Talonblades
Metal Claws
Sharpened Serthis Lance
Sharpened Serthis Spear
Vengeful Claws
Information
Note: Any armor set will work, and any amount, but whole set is most helpful. Any other lockets will work as well.

This enchantment allows the wearer to summon weapons from the armor and use them as spikes in an emergency.
Take the locket and armor, and enchant it with the recipe from the Bag of Holding and elemental magics, while dropping in weapons. Pretty Simple, but useful for any combat scenario.
Back to the Index
Lore Clan, FR+2, She/her
Science.png
[font=times new roman][size=6][i]Ancestral Golem[/size] By Keelhaul[/i] [columns][item=Intact stone relief] [item=onyx] [item=onyx] [nextcol][item=onyx] [item=onyx] [item=Onyx][nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] Ancestral Golems are a construct bearing vague sentience that is often created by earth mages for the purpose of guarding a place of great sacredness, particularly tombs and catacombs. [/columns] [font=times new roman]PLACE PROCEDURE HERE [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Ancestral Golem
By Keelhaul
Intact Stone Relief
Onyx
Onyx
Onyx
Onyx
Onyx
Information
Ancestral Golems are a construct bearing vague sentience that is often created by earth mages for the purpose of guarding a place of great sacredness, particularly tombs and catacombs.
PLACE PROCEDURE HERE
Back to the Index
Clan Lore
[font=times new roman][size=6][i]Aquatic Armaments[/size] By USERNAME[/i] [columns][item=Sea fae] [item=Bluefin charger fin] [item=Diaphanous wing] [nextcol][item=Celestine geode] [item=Silver seraph wing ornament] [item=Moonstone][nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] Aquatic Armaments give non-water dragons aquatic abilities. They come in three pieces, each lending the wearer a different ability: a necklace for water-breathing, a diadem for darkvision, and anklets for swimming. Pieces can be worn either separately or in a set; however, Aquatic Armaments are difficult to come by and even more difficult to create. Large seaside cities consisting mainly of water dragons sometimes have one or two artisans or mages who specialize in the creation of Aquatic Armaments. The sets they create are often made of bird bones and the fins of various fish. These are often sold to travelers at a high price, or gifted to loved ones. The greatest water kingdoms often have ceremonial sets of Aquatic Armaments worn only by high-ranking members of the court who do not already possess aquatic adaptations. Such sets are equally decorative and functional, often made of ornate silver filigree and iridescent wings harvested from rainbow sprites. These sets are handed down from generation to generation, and often become valuable heirlooms and artifacts. [/columns] [font=times new roman]The creation of Aquatic Armaments is long and tedious, and is split into two parts: the actual assembly of the Armaments, and the enchanting process. Most Aquatic Armaments are fashioned out of bird bones and fish fins, both common materials that are light and aquadynamic. High-end sets are made from silver and diaphanous fins, which can only be harvested from Rainbow Sprites (which can easily kill the average dragon and requires at least some degree of combat skill). First, create the frame of the Armaments. Stretch the membrane over the frame fins and seal it in place. At this time, the membrane is extremely delicate and likely to rip; be sure to use a light hand during this step. The enchanting process fortifies the Armaments and makes them less likely to break. Then, lightly dust the armaments with either moonstone or celestine powder. Be sure to use the highest-quality dust you can obtain; [b]if the powder is anything less than A-grade than the Armaments have the added risk of fusing permanently to the wearer.[/b] Leave the Armaments undisturbed in complete moonlight for 12 hours. To activate Aquatic Armaments, simply wear it like any other item of jewelry. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Aquatic Armaments
By USERNAME
Sea Fae
Bluefin Charger Fin
Diaphanous Wing
Celestine Geode
Silver Seraph Wing Ornament
Moonstone
Information
Aquatic Armaments give non-water dragons aquatic abilities. They come in three pieces, each lending the wearer a different ability: a necklace for water-breathing, a diadem for darkvision, and anklets for swimming. Pieces can be worn either separately or in a set; however, Aquatic Armaments are difficult to come by and even more difficult to create.
Large seaside cities consisting mainly of water dragons sometimes have one or two artisans or mages who specialize in the creation of Aquatic Armaments. The sets they create are often made of bird bones and the fins of various fish. These are often sold to travelers at a high price, or gifted to loved ones.
The greatest water kingdoms often have ceremonial sets of Aquatic Armaments worn only by high-ranking members of the court who do not already possess aquatic adaptations. Such sets are equally decorative and functional, often made of ornate silver filigree and iridescent wings harvested from rainbow sprites. These sets are handed down from generation to generation, and often become valuable heirlooms and artifacts.
The creation of Aquatic Armaments is long and tedious, and is split into two parts: the actual assembly of the Armaments, and the enchanting process.
Most Aquatic Armaments are fashioned out of bird bones and fish fins, both common materials that are light and aquadynamic. High-end sets are made from silver and diaphanous fins, which can only be harvested from Rainbow Sprites (which can easily kill the average dragon and requires at least some degree of combat skill). First, create the frame of the Armaments. Stretch the membrane over the frame fins and seal it in place. At this time, the membrane is extremely delicate and likely to rip; be sure to use a light hand during this step. The enchanting process fortifies the Armaments and makes them less likely to break.
Then, lightly dust the armaments with either moonstone or celestine powder. Be sure to use the highest-quality dust you can obtain; if the powder is anything less than A-grade than the Armaments have the added risk of fusing permanently to the wearer. Leave the Armaments undisturbed in complete moonlight for 12 hours.
To activate Aquatic Armaments, simply wear it like any other item of jewelry.
Back to the Index
Clan Lore
[center][emoji=Shadow rune][b][size=5][font=sylfaen]Trickmurk Contest 2019[/b][emoji=shadow rune][/center] [font=sylfaen] [i]On the darkest night of the year, when the shadows grow long and mischievous spirits flit among the twisted trees, a strange chest etched in dark runes is found half-hidden in the dark. Within is a collection of objects; among them are small animal skulls, lustrous black feathers, and crowns of kings long forgotten. Perhaps something could be made from these...[/i] Happy trickmurk everyone! To celebrate, the Compendium is hosting its first-ever event! This will run from February 28-March 3rd. There will be themed events like this for every elemental festival, and I hope to host a couple of other events during the weeks in between festivals. To participate, simply use some items from the below list to create your own recipe (you can only use items from that list!). The best recipe will be illustrated in a participation badge that everyone can collect. You can use up to eight items from the below list. Be sure to use the official recipe form listed in the front post! You can inky have one entry per contest. Whether your entry wins or not, it’ll be linked in the front page like all other recipes. [b]Items To Use[/b] All shadow-festival familiars and apparel items All trinkets from the chess set [Item= omen seeker] [item= onyx cobra] [item= dusk jadevine] [item= leucistic crow ] [item= zeeba horn] [item= vial of mysterious toxin] [item= spectral fascia grasp ] [item= white raven armor ] [item= Conjurer's Herb pouch] [item= carbon cushion colony] [item= night flame] [item= forgotten crown] [item= sharpened scythe] [item= Shadowbinder's tears] [item= umbral sea wight] [item= undine flatfins] [item= squirrel skull] [item= ghostly kelpie mane] [item= Inky octopus ] [item= Black tulip flowerfall] [item= Spectral fuchsia ghastcrown ] [item= Respectable alabaster gloves ] [item=Umbral scale wingplates ] [item=Onyx seraph headpiece ] [item= Murky scales ] [item= Glowing mushrooom cap] [item= Mirage puffer spines ] [item= Oozing tusk ] {Pinglist was here}
Trickmurk Contest 2019

On the darkest night of the year, when the shadows grow long and mischievous spirits flit among the twisted trees, a strange chest etched in dark runes is found half-hidden in the dark. Within is a collection of objects; among them are small animal skulls, lustrous black feathers, and crowns of kings long forgotten. Perhaps something could be made from these...

Happy trickmurk everyone! To celebrate, the Compendium is hosting its first-ever event! This will run from February 28-March 3rd. There will be themed events like this for every elemental festival, and I hope to host a couple of other events during the weeks in between festivals.
To participate, simply use some items from the below list to create your own recipe (you can only use items from that list!). The best recipe will be illustrated in a participation badge that everyone can collect. You can use up to eight items from the below list. Be sure to use the official recipe form listed in the front post! You can inky have one entry per contest.
Whether your entry wins or not, it’ll be linked in the front page like all other recipes.

Items To Use
All shadow-festival familiars and apparel items
All trinkets from the chess set
Omen Seeker Onyx Cobra Dusk Jadevine Leucistic Crow Zeeba Horn Vial of Mysterious Toxin White Raven Armor Conjurer's Herb Pouch Carbon Cushion Colony Night Flame Forgotten Crown Sharpened Scythe Shadowbinder's Tears Umbral Sea Wight Squirrel Skull Ghostly Kelpie Mane Inky Octopus Black Tulip Flowerfall Spectral Fuchsia Ghastcrown Respectable Alabaster Gloves Umbral Scale Wingplates Onyx Seraph Headpiece Murky Scales Mirage Puffer Spines Oozing Tusk

{Pinglist was here}
Clan Lore
[font=times new roman][size=6][i][emoji=shadow rune]Ghastly Shade Armor[emoji=shadow rune][/size] By Sciencemonkey[/i] [columns][item=white raven armor] [item=leucistic crow] [item=sharpened scythe] [item=haunted stone orb] [nextcol][item=omen seeker] [item=vial of mysterious toxin] [item=onyx cobra][nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] This armor allows the wearer to create masterful illusions without much practice, and summon up to 8 enchanted scythes, that follow the wearer every command. It also can redirect magic towards its caster exceedingly well.[/columns] [font=times new roman]Take the armor and scythe and throw the haunted stone orb at it after enchanting the orb with shadow magic. The scythe should disappear into the armor. Then, crush all three animals and combine them with the toxin. Afterwards, pour on armor. Leave the armor in a pool under a blood moon for one night and the armor will be complete. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Ghastly Shade Armor
By Sciencemonkey
White Raven Armor
Leucistic Crow
Sharpened Scythe
Haunted Stone Orb
Omen Seeker
Vial of Mysterious Toxin
Onyx Cobra
Information
This armor allows the wearer to create masterful illusions without much practice, and summon up to 8 enchanted scythes, that follow the wearer every command. It also can redirect magic towards its caster exceedingly well.
Take the armor and scythe and throw the haunted stone orb at it after enchanting the orb with shadow magic. The scythe should disappear into the armor. Then, crush all three animals and combine them with the toxin. Afterwards, pour on armor. Leave the armor in a pool under a blood moon for one night and the armor will be complete.
Back to the Index
Lore Clan, FR+2, She/her
Science.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14