Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Compendium [Open Project]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
[font=times new roman][size=6][i]Passrune[/size] By Keelhaul[/i] [columns][item=Patched beggar locket] [item=Traveler's Runestone] [item=High-voltage almonds] [nextcol][item=onyx] [item=Pulsating pendant] [item=Rough shalehorn][nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] Passrunes typically appear as black metal necklaces with a small pendant inscribed with a glowing cyan rune. This rune is unique to its runelock and functions as a ‘fingerprint’ to identify it. The pendant acts as a key that unlocks its corresponding lock, which bears the same rune as its pendant-key. The process that creates passrunes produces a single pendant-key and its corresponding lock, as each rune must be unique and is inscribed into both items during their creation. As a result passrunes are magically linked to their lock and therefore are almost impossible to replicate. Passrunes are frequently utilized in the Idewarden’s prisons, thanks to their inability to be replicated. However, passrunes are not limited to locking doors, and they can be used to lock chests, books, and even lockets and shackles. The history of passrunes is shrouded in mystery, though most historians speculate that the first passrunes were created by the Icewarden himself to restrain the most volatile and dangerous prisoners. Strangely, though, gaolers seem to be immune to the effects of passrunes.[/columns] [font=times new roman]PROCEDURE To begin, you will need a small, smooth pendant made of either black iron or onyx, and the item to be locked. Such an item can be anything that can be closed and locked, such as shackles, doors, or chests. Inscribe your rune into both items and outline them in luminescent ink, which can be made by crushing high-voltage almonds. The runes must be perfectly identical, and even the smallest deformity can cause the spell to fail. If you have inscribed the runes correctly, the two items are now bound. The lock will be impossible to open without its corresponding passrune. It can be opened by touching the passrune to the lock. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Passrune
By Keelhaul
Patched Beggar Locket
Traveler's Runestone
High-Voltage Almonds
Onyx
Pulsating Pendant
Rough Shalehorn
Information
Passrunes typically appear as black metal necklaces with a small pendant inscribed with a glowing cyan rune. This rune is unique to its runelock and functions as a ‘fingerprint’ to identify it. The pendant acts as a key that unlocks its corresponding lock, which bears the same rune as its pendant-key.
The process that creates passrunes produces a single pendant-key and its corresponding lock, as each rune must be unique and is inscribed into both items during their creation. As a result passrunes are magically linked to their lock and therefore are almost impossible to replicate.
Passrunes are frequently utilized in the Idewarden’s prisons, thanks to their inability to be replicated. However, passrunes are not limited to locking doors, and they can be used to lock chests, books, and even lockets and shackles.
The history of passrunes is shrouded in mystery, though most historians speculate that the first passrunes were created by the Icewarden himself to restrain the most volatile and dangerous prisoners. Strangely, though, gaolers seem to be immune to the effects of passrunes.
PROCEDURE
To begin, you will need a small, smooth pendant made of either black iron or onyx, and the item to be locked. Such an item can be anything that can be closed and locked, such as shackles, doors, or chests. Inscribe your rune into both items and outline them in luminescent ink, which can be made by crushing high-voltage almonds. The runes must be perfectly identical, and even the smallest deformity can cause the spell to fail.
If you have inscribed the runes correctly, the two items are now bound. The lock will be impossible to open without its corresponding passrune. It can be opened by touching the passrune to the lock.
Back to the Index
Clan Lore
@Keelhaul this is super neat, put me on the pinglist please!! :D
@Keelhaul this is super neat, put me on the pinglist please!! :D
Lk8UWJk.gifxx
Please also add me to the pinglist. I'll probably add a few items as I get ideas :3
Please also add me to the pinglist. I'll probably add a few items as I get ideas :3
2dMJezN.pngqIEuPPv.png
wait heck this is super neat! :0

maybe i'll come back later and make some really specific ones haha
wait heck this is super neat! :0

maybe i'll come back later and make some really specific ones haha
clyCaLS.png .

20s, male, he/him
.np7f4Fm.png about me
.np7f4Fm.png current icon:
NUuorfS.png .
Oooo this is cool! Add me to the pinglist please? @Keelhaul
Oooo this is cool! Add me to the pinglist please? @Keelhaul
ck2CMHK.gif
[font=times new roman][size=6][i]Bubble Brook Eggs[/size] By Keelhaul[/i] [columns][item=Daisy flowerfall] [item=Diaphanous wing] [item=Moonstone] [nextcol][item=Bubble brook gecko] [item=onyx] [item=Onyx][nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] Bubble Brook Geckos are unique in the fact that they cannot reproduce by normal means, but their eggs can be produced using clever alchemy.[/columns] [font=times new roman]PLACE PROCEDURE HERE [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Bubble Brook Eggs
By Keelhaul
Daisy Flowerfall
Diaphanous Wing
Moonstone
Bubble Brook Gecko
Onyx
Onyx
Information
Bubble Brook Geckos are unique in the fact that they cannot reproduce by normal means, but their eggs can be produced using clever alchemy.
PLACE PROCEDURE HERE
Back to the Index
Clan Lore
[font=times new roman][size=6][i]Purifying Runestone[/size] ByDeepFallsDen[/i] [columns] [item=Impure Sacridite] [item=Kunzite] [item=Obsidian] [nextcol] [item=Pink Chalcedony] [item=Moonstone] [item=Deeprealm Runestone] [nextcol] [font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] These Runestones absorb elemental magic from the surrounding area and converts it into pure magic. These are commonly used by those working on projects that require a magically pure area. Each Runestone is capable of individually covering an area with a radius of 10 meters. However any dragon using these stone must be aware that over time Impure Sacridite grows over the Runestone and can lead to magical impurities. [/columns] [font=times new roman] Any looking to make a Purifying Runestone must first gather a three small gemstones, one of Kunzite, one of Moonstone, and one of Pink Chalcedony. These Gemestones must then be cleansed of all magical contaminants under a new moon. They must then be crushed into a fine powder and stored for later use. For the Base of the Runestone you must gather a small slab of Obsidian which must also be purified of elemental magic. You must then carve appropriate runes of cleansing, transferral and purifiation. These runes must then be filled with the previously prepared powder. You must then leave the prepared rune to sit under the light of a full moon to soak in the unaligned magic where the powder in the runes will embed themselves in the underlying Obsidian. Be warned the Purifying Runestones must be examined and cleaned every two lunar cycles as if left alone Impure Sacridite can build up and if left unattended can lead to rogue magical occurrences. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Purifying Runestone
ByDeepFallsDen
Impure Sacridite
Kunzite
Obsidian
Pink Chalcedony
Moonstone
Deeprealm Runestone
Information
These Runestones absorb elemental magic from the surrounding area and converts it into pure magic. These are commonly used by those working on projects that require a magically pure area. Each Runestone is capable of individually covering an area with a radius of 10 meters. However any dragon using these stone must be aware that over time Impure Sacridite grows over the Runestone and can lead to magical impurities.

Any looking to make a Purifying Runestone must first gather a three small gemstones, one of Kunzite, one of Moonstone, and one of Pink Chalcedony. These Gemestones must then be cleansed of all magical contaminants under a new moon. They must then be crushed into a fine powder and stored for later use.
For the Base of the Runestone you must gather a small slab of Obsidian which must also be purified of elemental magic. You must then carve appropriate runes of cleansing, transferral and purifiation. These runes must then be filled with the previously prepared powder.
You must then leave the prepared rune to sit under the light of a full moon to soak in the unaligned magic where the powder in the runes will embed themselves in the underlying Obsidian.
Be warned the Purifying Runestones must be examined and cleaned every two lunar cycles as if left alone Impure Sacridite can build up and if left unattended can lead to rogue magical occurrences.
Back to the Index
tumblr_ovep441MEO1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o2_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o3_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o4_100.pngtumblr_p0tg4rcq7d1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o2_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o3_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o4_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o5_100.pngtumblr_ovep441MEO1wt9849o2_100.png
@Keelhaul Wanted to put this in a separate post so everything was neater but I absolutely love this idea and would love to be on the pinglist [emoji=coatl love][emoji=guardian love][emoji=coatl love]
@Keelhaul
Wanted to put this in a separate post so everything was neater but I absolutely love this idea and would love to be on the pinglist
tumblr_ovep441MEO1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o2_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o3_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o4_100.pngtumblr_p0tg4rcq7d1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o2_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o3_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o4_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o5_100.pngtumblr_ovep441MEO1wt9849o2_100.png
I forgot about this. Thanks for the ping remember
I forgot about this. Thanks for the ping remember
2dMJezN.pngqIEuPPv.png
[font=times new roman][size=6][i]Abyssal Warpaint[/size] By Keelhaul[/i] [columns][item=Infused fragment] [item=Glowslug] [item=Hippocamp spines] [nextcol][item=Thresher flatfins] [item=Seawater savior] [item=Ghostly aura][nextcol][font=times new roman][b]Information[/b] The largest water clans often wage their wars in the deepest depths of the abyss. Dragons born of the water flight are equipped with eyes that can see without light, but in the dark it can be difficult to distinguish friend from foe. Abyssal Warpaint is a bioluminescent substance used to mark warriors. The practice of applying Abyssal Warpaint is a sacred ritual; each clan has its own unique patterns. Generally, the eldest, deadliest warriors wear the most complex designs, which often incorporate runes detailing their past victories. The process of creating Abyssal Warpaint involves calling on the spirits of fallen ancestors, who lend their blessing and power to the recipient of the Warpaint. This blessing gives the dragon more vigor and sharpens their senses. Abyssal Warpaint also serves as a warning to outsiders. It can be used to mark cave walls and rocks, as it doesn’t wash off easily. It is an utmost offense to all water clans for a non-water dragon to use Abyssal Warpaint due to the spiritual component used in the production of the Warpaint. Clans will mobilize entire squadrons of warriors if even a single vial is stolen. [/columns] [font=times new roman] To begin, summon the ancestral spirits of your clan. The older the spirit, the more potent the Warpaint. The spirit must be an ancestor of your clan. Use bioluminescent liquid harvested from a glowslug or other bioluminescent sea creatures, and mix it with crushed infused fragment and hippocamp spines. Allow the ancestral spirit to bless the Warpaint. In order to use the Abyssal Warpaint, first anoint the recipient with salt water under the light of the moon. Carefully inscribe the pattern on the recipient and allow it to set for ten minutes before going back into the water. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2601819/1#post_2601819]Back to the Index[/url]
Abyssal Warpaint
By Keelhaul
Infused Fragment
Glowslug
Hippocamp Spines
Thresher Flatfins
Seawater Savior
Ghostly Aura
Information
The largest water clans often wage their wars in the deepest depths of the abyss. Dragons born of the water flight are equipped with eyes that can see without light, but in the dark it can be difficult to distinguish friend from foe.
Abyssal Warpaint is a bioluminescent substance used to mark warriors. The practice of applying Abyssal Warpaint is a sacred ritual; each clan has its own unique patterns. Generally, the eldest, deadliest warriors wear the most complex designs, which often incorporate runes detailing their past victories. The process of creating Abyssal Warpaint involves calling on the spirits of fallen ancestors, who lend their blessing and power to the recipient of the Warpaint. This blessing gives the dragon more vigor and sharpens their senses.
Abyssal Warpaint also serves as a warning to outsiders. It can be used to mark cave walls and rocks, as it doesn’t wash off easily.
It is an utmost offense to all water clans for a non-water dragon to use Abyssal Warpaint due to the spiritual component used in the production of the Warpaint. Clans will mobilize entire squadrons of warriors if even a single vial is stolen.

To begin, summon the ancestral spirits of your clan. The older the spirit, the more potent the Warpaint. The spirit must be an ancestor of your clan.
Use bioluminescent liquid harvested from a glowslug or other bioluminescent sea creatures, and mix it with crushed infused fragment and hippocamp spines. Allow the ancestral spirit to bless the Warpaint.
In order to use the Abyssal Warpaint, first anoint the recipient with salt water under the light of the moon. Carefully inscribe the pattern on the recipient and allow it to set for ten minutes before going back into the water.
Back to the Index
Clan Lore
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14