Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Winter Carnival 2018: Lore Writing
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
Your Name: pierrct Element: Wind Entry: [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37308889][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/373089/37308889.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38236304][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/382364/38236304.png[/img][/url][/center] A wind blew and Belle’s crest raised in response. She let out a heavy sigh that turned to mist as she observed the activities on the precipice overlooking the carnival. The entrance could be seen from afar and queues grew longer even as participants took steps closer to the booth. Skewers of hotdogs and cotton candy exchanged hands amidst friendly chatter, and the happiness of the carnival radiated for miles. The circus had always held a carnival whenever they settled down for a show. Belle paced around, eyes never releasing the sight of the carnival. She wants to go. Despite everything that’s happened, she had always loved the carnivals. Belle felt a poke at her side and she startled. It was Glacies. The Spiral noticed the carnival too and gave the Wildclaw a yip. Glacies spun in the air for a while, and sped towards the carnival. Surprised, Belle gave chase. Despite the cold interior, the atmosphere was warm. Belle felt herself looking around in anticipation. Speech was something Glacies was not used to and Belle was out of practice, but Belle still remembered the words. “Cot..ton candy. Please.” Belle added after a pause. Glacies had never experienced any carnival before and Belle was more than happy to show her around. The rides made Belle’s stomach churn a few times, but the spiral seemed fine. Belle especially had a blast of a time watching the performances organized by the carnival and her heart soared when they did the tricky bits. She almost joined them, but she was a spectator this time, and she wouldn’t want to ruin the act. Glacies and Belle did more activities together when a rumble was felt. It was time to go, they cannot ignore the call. Glacies flew out of the carnival, towards the precipice and Belle Shifted into a snow jaguar and leapt up the cliffs. If you listened carefully, a "thank you” could be heard in the winds. Instead, the sudden departure of these two shocked the passers-by, some even thought that the snow jaguar was Beastclan. However, the shock faded after a while and the carnival continued as usual, as if nothing happened.
Your Name: pierrct
Element: Wind
Entry:

37308889.png38236304.png

A wind blew and Belle’s crest raised in response. She let out a heavy sigh that turned to mist as she observed the activities on the precipice overlooking the carnival. The entrance could be seen from afar and queues grew longer even as participants took steps closer to the booth. Skewers of hotdogs and cotton candy exchanged hands amidst friendly chatter, and the happiness of the carnival radiated for miles.

The circus had always held a carnival whenever they settled down for a show. Belle paced around, eyes never releasing the sight of the carnival. She wants to go. Despite everything that’s happened, she had always loved the carnivals. Belle felt a poke at her side and she startled. It was Glacies. The Spiral noticed the carnival too and gave the Wildclaw a yip. Glacies spun in the air for a while, and sped towards the carnival. Surprised, Belle gave chase.

Despite the cold interior, the atmosphere was warm. Belle felt herself looking around in anticipation. Speech was something Glacies was not used to and Belle was out of practice, but Belle still remembered the words. “Cot..ton candy. Please.” Belle added after a pause. Glacies had never experienced any carnival before and Belle was more than happy to show her around. The rides made Belle’s stomach churn a few times, but the spiral seemed fine.

Belle especially had a blast of a time watching the performances organized by the carnival and her heart soared when they did the tricky bits. She almost joined them, but she was a spectator this time, and she wouldn’t want to ruin the act.

Glacies and Belle did more activities together when a rumble was felt. It was time to go, they cannot ignore the call. Glacies flew out of the carnival, towards the precipice and Belle Shifted into a snow jaguar and leapt up the cliffs. If you listened carefully, a "thank you” could be heard in the winds. Instead, the sudden departure of these two shocked the passers-by, some even thought that the snow jaguar was Beastclan. However, the shock faded after a while and the carnival continued as usual, as if nothing happened.
Maricnnette of Fire

was pierrct of wind
++++++++ xYL4mas.png
[b]Your ID Name:[/b] catslash [b]Element:[/b] Shadow [b]Entry:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36470932] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/364710/36470932_350.png[/img] [/url] Snowflakes meandered across the bustling square as Pelagia took in the Carnival. Every year she came here, and the sight of festive cheer always managed to make her feel better about what she was doing and what it was all for. A still-growing hatchling tried to catch one of the Crystal Carriers from a shallow pool, a gentle Guardian helped his young charge throw darts at a booth, two young Mirrors shared a stick wrapped in blue cotton candy. Festive lanterns adorned every roof. Even in the wintry air, the life and vitality of the small town was apparent. She would like nothing better than to go out into that square and be one of the merry dragons simply enjoying the festivities, perhaps eating some strange sweets or trying her luck at a festival game with a close one. With a close one... She closed her eyes, temporarily wiping her mind of her longings and desires. It was better not to get caught up in the impossible. At her side, she could already feel the inquiring gaze of Runare, wondering about her momentary pause. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35770703] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/357708/35770703_350.png[/img] [/url] She opened her eyes again, crafting a small smile to fit her face. Her eyes seemed to get mistier, vaguer - more out of reach. They were not here to take part in the festivities, no. They were here to profit off them. "Wouldn't you like to get your fortune told, friend?" she singsonged, reaching out a claw to a passing-by Imperial. Runare behind her had already disappeared back into the tent, to prepare the old deck of tarot cards and Pelagia's crystal ball. She knew whoever walked into their tent today would walk out with their treasure bags much lighter and without any idea of the whole scheme. The snow outside drifted on the wind as she led the Imperial inside. If she pushed herself she could make herself See the individual shapes of each unique flake, each formed crystal, each tiny edge. It would all be worth it, she told herself. It would. She had Seen no other way.
Your ID Name: catslash
Element: Shadow
Entry:

36470932_350.png

Snowflakes meandered across the bustling square as Pelagia took in the Carnival. Every year she came here, and the sight of festive cheer always managed to make her feel better about what she was doing and what it was all for. A still-growing hatchling tried to catch one of the Crystal Carriers from a shallow pool, a gentle Guardian helped his young charge throw darts at a booth, two young Mirrors shared a stick wrapped in blue cotton candy. Festive lanterns adorned every roof. Even in the wintry air, the life and vitality of the small town was apparent. She would like nothing better than to go out into that square and be one of the merry dragons simply enjoying the festivities, perhaps eating some strange sweets or trying her luck at a festival game with a close one.

With a close one...

She closed her eyes, temporarily wiping her mind of her longings and desires. It was better not to get caught up in the impossible. At her side, she could already feel the inquiring gaze of Runare, wondering about her momentary pause.

35770703_350.png

She opened her eyes again, crafting a small smile to fit her face. Her eyes seemed to get mistier, vaguer - more out of reach. They were not here to take part in the festivities, no. They were here to profit off them.

"Wouldn't you like to get your fortune told, friend?" she singsonged, reaching out a claw to a passing-by Imperial. Runare behind her had already disappeared back into the tent, to prepare the old deck of tarot cards and Pelagia's crystal ball. She knew whoever walked into their tent today would walk out with their treasure bags much lighter and without any idea of the whole scheme.

The snow outside drifted on the wind as she led the Imperial inside. If she pushed herself she could make herself See the individual shapes of each unique flake, each formed crystal, each tiny edge.

It would all be worth it, she told herself. It would.

She had Seen no other way.
MGP1 Element: Light Day 1 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38936970] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/389370/38936970_350.png[/img] [/url] Whittaker [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38775225] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/387753/38775225_350.png[/img] [/url] Eirwen The snowflakes began to fall heavily, blanketing the nests nearby Whittaker's favorite playing ground. Whitt's eyes sparkled with delight as he eyed and followed the sparkling snowflakes float to the ground. He stuck his tongue out in delight knowing full well the Winter Carnival Event had just opened that day and he was excited to get started early. He played in the snow clawing his front claws around the ground. Giddy with anticipation he glazed his Saturned Gossamer wings and wrapped mini lights and shiny crystals around his antlers. He surveyed his reflection in the frozen waters, then satisifed, he almost pranced quickly to Eirwen's Cavern, barely containing his anticipation at this year's event. It would be the first time he would be attending on his own with a friend so that meant as many sweets as he wanted and he liked the honeyed ice pops quite alot! Whitt stretched his neck and peered inside. "Eirwen It's Whitt! The Winter Carnival is here! C'mon let's go!" Before he could finish saying "Let's Go!" Eirwen appeared. "Heyas Whitt, nice lights!" She nodded approvingly. Eirwen didn't need any lights, she naturally shimmered with an iridescent glow and because her body swirled around like a shiny snowy mist he thought she usually looked like a moving snowball. In fact, he noticed she was going to be a few paces in front if he didn't move quickly. "OOh Eirwen, I can't wait for the honeyed ice pops! And I can't wat for the Stalagtite Ducking Sprint Race, and sliding down the Frozen Snowglade Tunnels. I'm sure you're going to win first place again at the Spring but I still like trying to beat you! Eirwen laughed. "Whitt you do good for an Imperial! And it was true but Eirwin's agile spiral body was made for swinging through between the stalagtites, and it helped her win first almost always." But I like the colored ice bombers better than the honeyed ice pops" Whitt nodded. "I brought enough glow lights for trade. You can have the colored ice bombers and I'll have the ice pops." "Deal!"
MGP1
Element: Light
Day 1

38936970_350.png
Whittaker

38775225_350.png
Eirwen

The snowflakes began to fall heavily, blanketing the nests nearby Whittaker's favorite playing ground.

Whitt's eyes sparkled with delight as he eyed and followed the sparkling snowflakes float to
the ground. He stuck his tongue out in delight knowing full well the Winter Carnival Event
had just opened that day and he was excited to get started early.

He played in the snow clawing his front claws around the ground. Giddy with anticipation he
glazed his Saturned Gossamer wings and wrapped mini lights and shiny crystals around his antlers. He surveyed his reflection in the frozen waters, then satisifed, he almost pranced quickly to Eirwen's Cavern, barely containing his anticipation at this year's event. It would be the first time he would be attending on his own with a friend so that meant as many sweets as he wanted and he liked the honeyed ice pops quite alot!

Whitt stretched his neck and peered inside.

"Eirwen It's Whitt! The Winter Carnival is here! C'mon let's go!"

Before he could finish saying "Let's Go!" Eirwen appeared.

"Heyas Whitt, nice lights!" She nodded approvingly.

Eirwen didn't need any lights, she naturally shimmered with an iridescent glow and because her body swirled around like a shiny snowy mist he thought she usually looked like a moving snowball. In fact, he noticed she was going to be a few paces in front if he didn't move
quickly.

"OOh Eirwen, I can't wait for the honeyed ice pops! And I can't wat for the Stalagtite Ducking Sprint Race, and sliding down the Frozen Snowglade Tunnels. I'm sure you're going to win first place again at the Spring but I still like trying to beat you!

Eirwen laughed. "Whitt you do good for an Imperial! And it was true but Eirwin's agile spiral body was made for swinging through between the stalagtites, and it helped her win first almost always." But I like the colored ice bombers better than the honeyed ice pops"

Whitt nodded. "I brought enough glow lights for trade. You can have the colored ice bombers and I'll have the ice pops."

"Deal!"
riVr93C.png (Adoptable kindly provided by Aosagi
Your ID Name: SnoringHyena Element: Light Entry: Day 1 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34075273] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/340753/34075273_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34061156] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/340612/34061156_350.png[/img] [/url] “Come on... Pearl, it’s okay. There is no need to pout he said he can come with us tomorrow. He promised” A small sniffle could be heard “I’m not pouting! I just wish he could come with us today.” “Well, we both know he can not because he has to work.” “I know that...” “Come on little brother you know you love the winter carnival.”He then begins the next sentence it a hushed voice “We can even get some extra sweets ummm…. how does that sound” The Skydancer wiggles his antenna at the young Imperial “And we do not tell Majesty?” “We don't tell Majesty” “~Fine~” The imperial sighs “But we have to go to that game where we get to knock down the bottles. I like that game. We should also go also go to the Balloon Pop one too.” “We can do those.” “Oh, yea do not forget about the fishing game.” The two start their way out of their cave to go the snowy festival entrance. The air was cold and a frozen breeze was going about. “Like would I would ever forget about the fishing game.” The Skydancer puts his claw on his chest and proclaims “I have you know that I have successfully won that game every year the fest comes” “Pshh... You can't beat that game. You just get a fish.” “How dare you! The prize is the fish. Which I have you know this fish will be living comfortably in the fish tank at home.[b] You and Majesty[/b] will not eat this fish. You hear me!" He turns into one of distress "I still haven't forgotten about last years fiasco. When you two almost ate my precious Amelia.” At this statement, Pearl just rolls his eyes "Hey do not.." "Oh look there is the front gate! Come on! Giver! Let's go!" Pearl starts to bound off towards the gate with great energy his past hesitation forgotten
Your ID Name: SnoringHyena
Element: Light
Entry: Day 1

34075273_350.png

34061156_350.png

“Come on... Pearl, it’s okay. There is no need to pout he said he can come with us tomorrow. He promised”

A small sniffle could be heard “I’m not pouting! I just wish he could come with us today.”

“Well, we both know he can not because he has to work.”

“I know that...”

“Come on little brother you know you love the winter carnival.”He then begins the next sentence it a hushed voice “We can even get some extra sweets ummm…. how does that sound” The Skydancer wiggles his antenna at the young Imperial

“And we do not tell Majesty?”

“We don't tell Majesty”

“~Fine~” The imperial sighs “But we have to go to that game where we get to knock down the bottles. I like that game. We should also go also go to the Balloon Pop one too.”

“We can do those.”

“Oh, yea do not forget about the fishing game.” The two start their way out of their cave to go the snowy festival entrance. The air was cold and a frozen breeze was going about.

“Like would I would ever forget about the fishing game.” The Skydancer puts his claw on his chest and proclaims “I have you know that I have successfully won that game every year the fest comes”

“Pshh... You can't beat that game. You just get a fish.”

“How dare you! The prize is the fish. Which I have you know this fish will be living comfortably in the fish tank at home. You and Majesty will not eat this fish. You hear me!" He turns into one of distress "I still haven't forgotten about last years fiasco. When you two almost ate my precious Amelia.” At this statement, Pearl just rolls his eyes "Hey do not.."

"Oh look there is the front gate! Come on! Giver! Let's go!" Pearl starts to bound off towards the gate with great energy his past hesitation forgotten
9uEPiQz.png tH9xziu.png
e9Z2Ppt.png
jQ16wgW.png
Your ID Name: ShadeOfChaos Element: Plague Entry : [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29465491] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/294655/29465491.png[/img] [/url][/center] When she was a hatchling, the Southern Icefields was where her tribe called home. Living at the base of the the Cloudspire Crags, the Snowsquall Tundra had been her playground, the Frigid Floes close enough to be a viable option when the weather was nice. After all, you're not a real adult if you haven't taken the polar plunge in the Frigid Floes, right? But early on in life she knew that it wasn't where she would stay. Her particular talents were more useful in warmer climates, where more delicate plants than the Minty Jadevine and Tundra Cactus could grow. After all, what was a BoneSetter without her herbs to numb the pain? Bad, that's what. Still, there were times when she had a longing for home that gripped her like no other, a desire to see the snow fall over open water, where she could run and jump and try to catch the snowflakes or watch the hatchlings skid down the fresh powder. The Abiding Boneyard was too hot for snow, and while she had seen some clans that tried turning sandsurfing into an equivalent past time, it just didn't hold the same magic for her. After all, it was not advisable to run through the Abiding Boneyard with your tongue sticking out trying to lick everything flying in the air. That's how creatures got sick. It was during one of these bouts of longing for cold and snow and everything she remembered as a hatchling when a tiny voice pulled her out of her thoughts. "Lady Megami?" [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=51&bodygene=13&breed=6&element=8&gender=1&tert=148&tertgene=8&winggene=11&wings=152&auth=ebd19c53f65e9c02412d5c89f2ed8e4616af10aa&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] The fluffy little Tundra was all nervousness and youth. Paws too big for her body, a long tail that she didn't quite know what to do with, and so much fluff it was a wonder she didn't drown in her own fur, the resident hatchling batted her big, golden eyes at the Pearlcatcher. "Um, not to be rude, I don't mean to interrupt but I was wondering, um, if, I mean..." There was a blush starting under that fur, and the youngling seemed to be getting more flustered and upset the more she tried to get out her request. "Just ask what you are going to ask, young one. The worst answer you can get is no. It can only get better from there, yes?" Megami murmured soothingly, trying to give a reassuring smile. She was never really one that connected well with others unless she was treating them, but something about the hatchling's uneasiness eased her own. Taking a breath, the Tundra sat down. She seemed to steel herself before blurting out an almost indistinguishable, "Lady Megami, wouldyouliketogototheCrystallineGalawithmeandshowme whattheIceflightisallabout?" When she was done, the hatchling panted like she had been running a marathon and giving a speech at the same time, and was ready to pass out from nervousness or embarrassment. It took a moment for the older dragon to actually play back the words that had tumbled out of Aine's mouth so quickly, but once she did, she perked up enough that even Aine relaxed and perked a little. "Aine, I would love to take you to the Gala. We could go dance through the snow fields and swim in the Floes and the cooking contestants will be giving free samples of food and there are booths and booths of wares and masters that give out lessons in different arts and..." As she talked, they started their way towards the festivities, glee and excitement coloring her words and demeanor, the hatchling completely soaking it up. For the Gala was one time of year that Megami could connect with her element again, and this time she had a friend to do it with.
Your ID Name: ShadeOfChaos
Element: Plague
Entry :

When she was a hatchling, the Southern Icefields was where her tribe called home. Living at the base of the the Cloudspire Crags, the Snowsquall Tundra had been her playground, the Frigid Floes close enough to be a viable option when the weather was nice. After all, you're not a real adult if you haven't taken the polar plunge in the Frigid Floes, right? But early on in life she knew that it wasn't where she would stay. Her particular talents were more useful in warmer climates, where more delicate plants than the Minty Jadevine and Tundra Cactus could grow. After all, what was a BoneSetter without her herbs to numb the pain? Bad, that's what.

Still, there were times when she had a longing for home that gripped her like no other, a desire to see the snow fall over open water, where she could run and jump and try to catch the snowflakes or watch the hatchlings skid down the fresh powder. The Abiding Boneyard was too hot for snow, and while she had seen some clans that tried turning sandsurfing into an equivalent past time, it just didn't hold the same magic for her. After all, it was not advisable to run through the Abiding Boneyard with your tongue sticking out trying to lick everything flying in the air. That's how creatures got sick.

It was during one of these bouts of longing for cold and snow and everything she remembered as a hatchling when a tiny voice pulled her out of her thoughts. "Lady Megami?"
dragon?age=0&body=51&bodygene=13&breed=6&element=8&gender=1&tert=148&tertgene=8&winggene=11&wings=152&auth=ebd19c53f65e9c02412d5c89f2ed8e4616af10aa&dummyext=prev.png

The fluffy little Tundra was all nervousness and youth. Paws too big for her body, a long tail that she didn't quite know what to do with, and so much fluff it was a wonder she didn't drown in her own fur, the resident hatchling batted her big, golden eyes at the Pearlcatcher. "Um, not to be rude, I don't mean to interrupt but I was wondering, um, if, I mean..." There was a blush starting under that fur, and the youngling seemed to be getting more flustered and upset the more she tried to get out her request.

"Just ask what you are going to ask, young one. The worst answer you can get is no. It can only get better from there, yes?" Megami murmured soothingly, trying to give a reassuring smile. She was never really one that connected well with others unless she was treating them, but something about the hatchling's uneasiness eased her own.

Taking a breath, the Tundra sat down. She seemed to steel herself before blurting out an almost indistinguishable, "Lady Megami, wouldyouliketogototheCrystallineGalawithmeandshowme whattheIceflightisallabout?" When she was done, the hatchling panted like she had been running a marathon and giving a speech at the same time, and was ready to pass out from nervousness or embarrassment.

It took a moment for the older dragon to actually play back the words that had tumbled out of Aine's mouth so quickly, but once she did, she perked up enough that even Aine relaxed and perked a little. "Aine, I would love to take you to the Gala. We could go dance through the snow fields and swim in the Floes and the cooking contestants will be giving free samples of food and there are booths and booths of wares and masters that give out lessons in different arts and..." As she talked, they started their way towards the festivities, glee and excitement coloring her words and demeanor, the hatchling completely soaking it up. For the Gala was one time of year that Megami could connect with her element again, and this time she had a friend to do it with.
CS0nkUR.png
Your Name: SkylordLysand Flight: Fire Entry: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36074892] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/360749/36074892_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36117020] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/361171/36117020_350.png[/img] [/url] Ore got up early, and shook his mate, Seraphine. It was finally the next festival! "Seraphine!! It's finally Crystalline Gala! Let's go to the fair!" He almost keeled over in joy. Seraphine gave a tired yawn, but got up with a smile as she nuzzled her mate. "Why, I'd love to. This will be our third festival together, and oh how we love the winter, this will be such a special festival!" She cheered before lacing herself around Ore. They gave a small cuddle, before leaving their den and traversing to the Gala. Before Ore knew it, he was hit with a snowball. It was from Valara from an allianced Ice clan! And then from the other side, by Seraphine! Ah, such joy as these three played in the snow! Although, soon, Seraphine found herself cold and tired so she went to curl up in Ore's fur as he played memory games, and matching games of all sorts. They also played icicle themed games too! Oh it was so fitting for a Tundra!
Your Name: SkylordLysand
Flight: Fire
Entry:

36074892_350.png

36117020_350.png

Ore got up early, and shook his mate, Seraphine. It was finally the next festival!

"Seraphine!! It's finally Crystalline Gala! Let's go to the fair!" He almost keeled over in joy.

Seraphine gave a tired yawn, but got up with a smile as she nuzzled her mate. "Why, I'd love to. This will be our third festival together, and oh how we love the winter, this will be such a special festival!" She cheered before lacing herself around Ore.

They gave a small cuddle, before leaving their den and traversing to the Gala. Before Ore knew it, he was hit with a snowball. It was from Valara from an allianced Ice clan! And then from the other side, by Seraphine!

Ah, such joy as these three played in the snow!

Although, soon, Seraphine found herself cold and tired so she went to curl up in Ore's fur as he played memory games, and matching games of all sorts. They also played icicle themed games too!

Oh it was so fitting for a Tundra!
12135sg.png2en92mo.png
aab0h1.pngigz48n.png
Your Name: Stanari
Element: Water
Entry:

The Winter Carnival is a riot of sound and color, dragons from every flight chattering happily as they take part in the festivity. Glory and Dinnhe, their young daughters in tow, are among the later arrivals. The younglings quickly beg some pocket money from their father, who relinquishes a small stack of change to each of them, and dart off to explore. Glory stands near the entrance, looking somewhat adrift.

"It's bigger than I expected," he says. And now that the first rush of the warming amulets has worn off, colder. The imperial shivers and grumbles about the weather under his breath.

Dinnhe smacks him over the head. "It's not even snowing." Indeed, it's a beautifully clear day: the sun is shining, the air is almost still. She pauses, and then smiles. "Wait here," the wildclaw tells her mate, and slips off into the crowd.

Glory loiters awkwardly near the entrance until Dinnhe returns, bearing two mugs of steaming liquid. She offers one to Glory, who accepts hesitantly.

"What is this?" he asks as he gives the drink a cautious sniff.

Dinnhe laughs. "Try it!" She dips her head to sip from her own cup, and sighs contentedly as she tastes it.

Glory follows suit, lapping curiously at the drink. It's hot, and well-spiced. Cider, perhaps? It leaves a trail of fire in his throat, at first radiant and then, as he drinks, a dull warm glow. He finishes the cup in moments, warmth spreading outward to suffuse all his limbs.

"It's called firislan," Dinnhe tells him, "it's a flower that grows in the mountains. Ice clans brew it in tea or make liquor from it. It warms the body and the soul." She smiles affectionately at her mate. "Let's go get some more."
Your Name: Stanari
Element: Water
Entry:

The Winter Carnival is a riot of sound and color, dragons from every flight chattering happily as they take part in the festivity. Glory and Dinnhe, their young daughters in tow, are among the later arrivals. The younglings quickly beg some pocket money from their father, who relinquishes a small stack of change to each of them, and dart off to explore. Glory stands near the entrance, looking somewhat adrift.

"It's bigger than I expected," he says. And now that the first rush of the warming amulets has worn off, colder. The imperial shivers and grumbles about the weather under his breath.

Dinnhe smacks him over the head. "It's not even snowing." Indeed, it's a beautifully clear day: the sun is shining, the air is almost still. She pauses, and then smiles. "Wait here," the wildclaw tells her mate, and slips off into the crowd.

Glory loiters awkwardly near the entrance until Dinnhe returns, bearing two mugs of steaming liquid. She offers one to Glory, who accepts hesitantly.

"What is this?" he asks as he gives the drink a cautious sniff.

Dinnhe laughs. "Try it!" She dips her head to sip from her own cup, and sighs contentedly as she tastes it.

Glory follows suit, lapping curiously at the drink. It's hot, and well-spiced. Cider, perhaps? It leaves a trail of fire in his throat, at first radiant and then, as he drinks, a dull warm glow. He finishes the cup in moments, warmth spreading outward to suffuse all his limbs.

"It's called firislan," Dinnhe tells him, "it's a flower that grows in the mountains. Ice clans brew it in tea or make liquor from it. It warms the body and the soul." She smiles affectionately at her mate. "Let's go get some more."
MM82e8q.png
Friends having fun at a carnival, for very loose definitions of "friends" and "having fun". I don't even know. It's over 300 words but the form says more than 350 is okay? [b]Your ID Name:[/b] riseandshine (302715) [b]Element:[/b] Lightning [b]Entry : [/b] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32070831] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/320709/32070831.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33939029] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/339391/33939029.png[/img] [/url][/columns] Acappella roused him at the crack of dawn. “Get out,” he said, once he’d stopped flailing. “Get dressed,” was her reply. “You’re coming to the winter carnival with me.” “You’re insane.” “I’m not going alone, and I don’t want to disturb my mother.” “And me?” She was the perfect picture of disdain. “I don’t care if you lose any sleep.” Virtuoso stopped himself from saying something ugly and regrettable. He supposed she picked it up anyways, because just like that she was storming out the door. He looked at the clock on the wall. No point sleeping. Maybe it was his imagination, but she looked almost surprised when he caught up to her in the hallway, as if she hadn’t expected him to follow at all. “It’s cold,” he complained. “It’s a winter carnival,” she hissed. “That’s the point.” “We’re in the [i]Expanse[/i]. In [i]daytime[/i].” “It’s Ice magic,” she answered distractedly. “Not as authentic as the carnivals in the Icefields, but it works well enough. You should’ve dressed warmer.” He shivered. “Excuse me for thinking that the event would be a [i]reasonable temperature[/i] for this time and place.” When Acappella was occupied at a shop, he took a moment to sketch the carnival in charcoal. He had to admit, the place was pretty. Not just for the decorations, though those were well enough. What really made the place was the [i]activity[/i]. The carnival was alive with happiness. Maybe that was what Acappella saw in it. He was absorbed enough in his task (a smudge of movement, tiny penciled details, shadows wrapping sparkle) that he didn’t notice Acappella watching until she said, “Here’s a scarf.” Virtuoso wasn’t what surprised him more: that Acappella could sing, or that she was willing to [i]go up on a stage in front of a crowd[/i] and sing. And -- she was good. She was very, very good. She was good enough that once she finished her song and everyone started clapping, Virtuoso joined in. They’re designing the outfit for the contest together, him with his sketchbook and marketer’s eye, her with memories of her seamstress mother, sniping at each other over gloves and ribbons. “Sometimes I hate you,” she said. It hurt, maybe because she wasn’t saying it to hurt him, maybe because they’d been pretending it wasn’t so. “Sometimes I hate everyone,” she added, then, “You’re harder to hate when you’re drawing.” He looked down at the lace. There were a hundred terrible things he wanted to say. “Try singing more often,” he said. “It makes you happier.” It was a start.
Friends having fun at a carnival, for very loose definitions of "friends" and "having fun". I don't even know.
It's over 300 words but the form says more than 350 is okay?

Your ID Name: riseandshine (302715)
Element: Lightning
Entry :

32070831.png

33939029.png

Acappella roused him at the crack of dawn.
“Get out,” he said, once he’d stopped flailing.
“Get dressed,” was her reply. “You’re coming to the winter carnival with me.”
“You’re insane.”
“I’m not going alone, and I don’t want to disturb my mother.”
“And me?”
She was the perfect picture of disdain. “I don’t care if you lose any sleep.”
Virtuoso stopped himself from saying something ugly and regrettable. He supposed she picked it up anyways, because just like that she was storming out the door.
He looked at the clock on the wall. No point sleeping.
Maybe it was his imagination, but she looked almost surprised when he caught up to her in the hallway, as if she hadn’t expected him to follow at all.

“It’s cold,” he complained.
“It’s a winter carnival,” she hissed. “That’s the point.”
“We’re in the Expanse. In daytime.”
“It’s Ice magic,” she answered distractedly. “Not as authentic as the carnivals in the Icefields, but it works well enough. You should’ve dressed warmer.”
He shivered. “Excuse me for thinking that the event would be a reasonable temperature for this time and place.”

When Acappella was occupied at a shop, he took a moment to sketch the carnival in charcoal.
He had to admit, the place was pretty. Not just for the decorations, though those were well enough. What really made the place was the activity.
The carnival was alive with happiness.
Maybe that was what Acappella saw in it.
He was absorbed enough in his task (a smudge of movement, tiny penciled details, shadows wrapping sparkle) that he didn’t notice Acappella watching until she said, “Here’s a scarf.”

Virtuoso wasn’t what surprised him more: that Acappella could sing, or that she was willing to go up on a stage in front of a crowd and sing.
And -- she was good.
She was very, very good.
She was good enough that once she finished her song and everyone started clapping, Virtuoso joined in.

They’re designing the outfit for the contest together, him with his sketchbook and marketer’s eye, her with memories of her seamstress mother, sniping at each other over gloves and ribbons.
“Sometimes I hate you,” she said.
It hurt, maybe because she wasn’t saying it to hurt him, maybe because they’d been pretending it wasn’t so.
“Sometimes I hate everyone,” she added, then, “You’re harder to hate when you’re drawing.”
He looked down at the lace. There were a hundred terrible things he wanted to say.
“Try singing more often,” he said. “It makes you happier.”
It was a start.
hXx1ctn.png1st_Place.pngegkPazK.png7XI1FUO.pngzMlwDtk.png3rdterra100_by_aavanaa-db6hwka.pngVZ1FSMH.png

Your ID: 94623
Name: ThisOneIsBlue
Entry : For day 1 prompt

Being the clan's Ice ambassador, it was no surprise that Moraine loved the Gala. She spent the year in the plateaus, and had no complaints about it-her clan was tight-knit and energetic and she had always felt at home-but the Gala sent chills through her, lighting on her magic and base essence. She felt giddy, almost overwhelmed, each year that she attended. (Which was every year since having hatched)

This winter, she had a companion, and not one of the clan's two leaders. Mnemosyne was the memory-keeper, a stoic-at-first-glance pearlcatcher with, in Moraine's opinion, possibly the loveliest patterns ever seen. Mnemosyne was also the unofficial clan GM for D&D. It had taken all of Moraine's courage, and the pressure that she could not put it off any longer to ask Mnemosyne to go to the festival. They were friends but... she was just so amazing and impressive that Moraine often found herself grateful that her tundra fluff hid blushes so well.

Despite the garbled "HeyumsocouldyouImeanuhwanttogotothisyear'sGalawithme?" Mnemosyne had readily agreed, and now the two of them were at the intricate gates to the festival. Moraine's eyes felt as big as turtles as she tried to look at every detail at once. It was magical.

Mnemosyne nudged her friend gently. "Do you want to go inside?" The tundra puffed up in embarrassment, but Mnemosyne pretended not to notice.

"Of course! What am I standing around for? We should get a map-have you been to a carnival before?"

By the end of the first day, Moraine had managed to navigate them to see every stall and ride, even if they hadn't stopped at them yet. They had seen vendors, but had only made it through the first twenty or so stalls before having to pack up, since most of their day had been spent in the game tents and activity booths. Mnemosyne had particularly enjoyed the guessing game with many subspecies, as well as an ice fishing game where she "caught" a mammertee plushie, which she gave to Moraine. The tundra normally wasn't one for toys, but it was a festival, and it was a gift, so she had immediately named Corn Cob and plunked him atop her small pack so he could view the festival with them.

Cob now nestled between the two dragons as they gazed up at colorful fireworks. Lights danced over their faces as a delicate sparkler burst, followed by a magically shaped explosion in the shape of the Ice crest, making them both gasp.

This, thought Moraine, this is the best Gala I have ever had.

Your ID: 94623
Name: ThisOneIsBlue
Entry : For day 1 prompt

Being the clan's Ice ambassador, it was no surprise that Moraine loved the Gala. She spent the year in the plateaus, and had no complaints about it-her clan was tight-knit and energetic and she had always felt at home-but the Gala sent chills through her, lighting on her magic and base essence. She felt giddy, almost overwhelmed, each year that she attended. (Which was every year since having hatched)

This winter, she had a companion, and not one of the clan's two leaders. Mnemosyne was the memory-keeper, a stoic-at-first-glance pearlcatcher with, in Moraine's opinion, possibly the loveliest patterns ever seen. Mnemosyne was also the unofficial clan GM for D&D. It had taken all of Moraine's courage, and the pressure that she could not put it off any longer to ask Mnemosyne to go to the festival. They were friends but... she was just so amazing and impressive that Moraine often found herself grateful that her tundra fluff hid blushes so well.

Despite the garbled "HeyumsocouldyouImeanuhwanttogotothisyear'sGalawithme?" Mnemosyne had readily agreed, and now the two of them were at the intricate gates to the festival. Moraine's eyes felt as big as turtles as she tried to look at every detail at once. It was magical.

Mnemosyne nudged her friend gently. "Do you want to go inside?" The tundra puffed up in embarrassment, but Mnemosyne pretended not to notice.

"Of course! What am I standing around for? We should get a map-have you been to a carnival before?"

By the end of the first day, Moraine had managed to navigate them to see every stall and ride, even if they hadn't stopped at them yet. They had seen vendors, but had only made it through the first twenty or so stalls before having to pack up, since most of their day had been spent in the game tents and activity booths. Mnemosyne had particularly enjoyed the guessing game with many subspecies, as well as an ice fishing game where she "caught" a mammertee plushie, which she gave to Moraine. The tundra normally wasn't one for toys, but it was a festival, and it was a gift, so she had immediately named Corn Cob and plunked him atop her small pack so he could view the festival with them.

Cob now nestled between the two dragons as they gazed up at colorful fireworks. Lights danced over their faces as a delicate sparkler burst, followed by a magically shaped explosion in the shape of the Ice crest, making them both gasp.

This, thought Moraine, this is the best Gala I have ever had.
TuEVAjZ.pngNPeGYYg.pngLELtNFt.png
[indent][b]Your ID Name:[/b] LuminousNoble, #317545 [b]Element:[/b] Arcane and Proud Entry: A brief reflection by Yule, featuring special guest Beval.[/indent] [center][item=Winter Wolf][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38292065][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/382921/38292065p.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22509581][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/225096/22509581p.png[/img][/url][item=Gusting Goblin][/center] Every year, on the night of her birthday, Yule emerges from a day of silence and solitude and flies to the top of the cliffside's tallest tree. At its peak branches, she stares out over the ocean beyond the forest, beyond the drifting isles, beyond the Crystalspine's reaches, praying for a glimpse of her birthplace. It's a silly wish, of course, but it's the only wish she's ever made. A wish no one can hear, a tiny prayer to the Arcanist and the Icewarden that the Southern Icefield will grace her view. It never has. Old habits die hard, though. But then, a month after her birthday, the festival begins. The festival. Yule's favorite time of year. Her happiest times. The only occasion she can visit the Icefield without seeming weak or sentimental. She cherishes it, savors it, welcomes every second among her homeland's frigid embrace. It's the kind of subtle betrayal of her clan she can never tell a soul about, not one other, or else surely they'll abandon her. Or maybe she's paranoid. Either way, no one gets to know how much the Crystalline Gala [i]matters[/i] to her. Except Beval. Beval's crest flicks up just a bit as he sends Yule a smile and a chirp. She meets his gaze, then slings a white satchel over her wing and nods, claws resting gently on her familiar Krampus's head. "Yes, Beval. I'm ready to go if you are." It's their job, annually, to go to the Southern Icefield and find a good place to set up the portal and make a camp for those who wish to spend nights of the festival among the frosts and floes. As a member of the Lunar Guard, Yule is also obligated to protect either the portal or the less-occupied, more-vulnerable Starwood Cove that the clan calls home, and of course, she chooses the former. No one has to know why, and she doesn't much contemplate what they assume. But Beval knows, of course. Come Mistral Jamboree, he's in a frenzy of excitement, more eager than words can say to return to his home flight for the festival's duration. And he raised Yule, hatched her with frantic care and reared her on love and enthusiasm. She's an Ice dragon at heart, and a fae as well. She'll always struggle with displaying both as avidly as he can. But, startlingly enough, they understand each other perfectly. Yule climbs onto his feathered back, just in front of his familiar, and with one last loving chirp he leaves the den to take flight for the Icefield.
Your ID Name: LuminousNoble, #317545
Element: Arcane and Proud

Entry: A brief reflection by Yule, featuring special guest Beval.

Winter Wolf 38292065p.png22509581p.png Gusting Goblin

Every year, on the night of her birthday, Yule emerges from a day of silence and solitude and flies to the top of the cliffside's tallest tree. At its peak branches, she stares out over the ocean beyond the forest, beyond the drifting isles, beyond the Crystalspine's reaches, praying for a glimpse of her birthplace.

It's a silly wish, of course, but it's the only wish she's ever made. A wish no one can hear, a tiny prayer to the Arcanist and the Icewarden that the Southern Icefield will grace her view. It never has. Old habits die hard, though.

But then, a month after her birthday, the festival begins.

The festival. Yule's favorite time of year. Her happiest times. The only occasion she can visit the Icefield without seeming weak or sentimental. She cherishes it, savors it, welcomes every second among her homeland's frigid embrace. It's the kind of subtle betrayal of her clan she can never tell a soul about, not one other, or else surely they'll abandon her. Or maybe she's paranoid. Either way, no one gets to know how much the Crystalline Gala matters to her.

Except Beval.

Beval's crest flicks up just a bit as he sends Yule a smile and a chirp. She meets his gaze, then slings a white satchel over her wing and nods, claws resting gently on her familiar Krampus's head. "Yes, Beval. I'm ready to go if you are."

It's their job, annually, to go to the Southern Icefield and find a good place to set up the portal and make a camp for those who wish to spend nights of the festival among the frosts and floes. As a member of the Lunar Guard, Yule is also obligated to protect either the portal or the less-occupied, more-vulnerable Starwood Cove that the clan calls home, and of course, she chooses the former. No one has to know why, and she doesn't much contemplate what they assume.

But Beval knows, of course. Come Mistral Jamboree, he's in a frenzy of excitement, more eager than words can say to return to his home flight for the festival's duration. And he raised Yule, hatched her with frantic care and reared her on love and enthusiasm. She's an Ice dragon at heart, and a fae as well. She'll always struggle with displaying both as avidly as he can. But, startlingly enough, they understand each other perfectly.

Yule climbs onto his feathered back, just in front of his familiar, and with one last loving chirp he leaves the den to take flight for the Icefield.
I need a new signature.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18