Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Winter Carnival 2018: Lore Writing
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
@SkylordLysand Yeah, 350 or more is fine!
@SkylordLysand Yeah, 350 or more is fine!
tumblr_inline_p27hsd2vfH1vsbegj_540.png
the bog wytch of
WYRD HOLLOW

yss | they/them • genderqueer • spoonie • witch homebody/hermit • plant enthusiast • anxious pansy
tumblr_inline_ovyewjPkdj1uj92c4_540.gif
tumblr_inline_ovz6yvYi5f1uj92c4_540.gif
FR +9
tumblr_inline_p27hxeZYsX1vsbegj_540.png
@Dragonartist24 Your ID Name: Dragonartist24 Element: Water Entry: [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38412740] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/384128/38412740_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] The smell of food and dragons wafted around Alyssa. Freezing snow and hard ice gave way to her claws. Vendors cajoled Mirrors to try out jewelry and gave out free prey samples to hatchlings. Emotions threaded their way into her head, slipping through her antennae and orb. Excitement and happiness (and one small bit of grumpiness that had to do with the cold) made her wings jitter slightly. It didn’t help that she was excited, too. It made it harder to sort out her thoughts from the confusing mishmash of feelings and expressions. Ground yourself, she thought. These are your wings feeling the cold. This is your nose, smelling that frozen parfait. These are your claws that are scraping into the ground. These are your ears hearing the vendors. These are your thoughts. Calm down. “Is it a little overwhelming?” Slight concern emanated from Flora as she bumped her wing with Alyssa’s. “I know that you aren’t used to big crowds like this, and all the stimuli…” “I’m fine,” Alyssa straightened and continued walking, ducking around a Ridgeback clad in furs and a Tundra with several scars around his sinewy neck. “Yeah, it’s a little overwhelming, but I deal with hatchlings on a regular basis. I’ll be okay.” “If you say so,” Flora followed Alyssa’s path, nearly bumping into a trio of Faes in her hurry to catch up with Alyssa. “I do say so.” The two Skydancers walked together, pointing out various stores with interesting-looking wares. “Is this ethical?” Alyssa said sceptically, pointing to a variety of familiars that were all stuffed into one gigantic cage. The Bogsneak manning the register gave her a pointed glare before returning to their magazine. Flora closed her eyes for a few minutes, concentrating. Her antennae quivered slightly. “Yeah,” she said after a long pause. “They’re not too comfortable, but they’re being fed and exercised regularly. They’ll be fine.” The Bogsneak gave a little grunt as they turned the page of their magazine. Grouchiness, exasperation, and a small sense of relief (was that the right word for it? Why would the Bogsneak be relieved anyways?) practically oozed out of their scales. Flora must have sensed it too, because she looked at the Bogsneak for a few more moments before continuing on. This time, Alyssa was the one weaving around dragons as she tried to keep up. “What did you sense?” “That’s not for me to share,” Alyssa opened her mouth to protest, but Flora cut her off. “Oh! A fortune-telling booth! Let’s go.” “Don’t we know enough about the future? I mean, Jectoma practically spews cryptic mumbo-jumbo everytime she opens her mouth, and Murel’s always looking at things other dragons don’t see.” Flora sighed. “Come on, it might be interesting. Just give it a try?” Alyssa followed, slightly disgruntled. She’d ask about the Bogsneak later.
@Dragonartist24
Your ID Name: Dragonartist24
Element: Water
Entry:

The smell of food and dragons wafted around Alyssa. Freezing snow and hard ice gave way to her claws. Vendors cajoled Mirrors to try out jewelry and gave out free prey samples to hatchlings. Emotions threaded their way into her head, slipping through her antennae and orb. Excitement and happiness (and one small bit of grumpiness that had to do with the cold) made her wings jitter slightly. It didn’t help that she was excited, too. It made it harder to sort out her thoughts from the confusing mishmash of feelings and expressions.
Ground yourself, she thought. These are your wings feeling the cold. This is your nose, smelling that frozen parfait. These are your claws that are scraping into the ground. These are your ears hearing the vendors. These are your thoughts. Calm down.
“Is it a little overwhelming?” Slight concern emanated from Flora as she bumped her wing with Alyssa’s. “I know that you aren’t used to big crowds like this, and all the stimuli…”
“I’m fine,” Alyssa straightened and continued walking, ducking around a Ridgeback clad in furs and a Tundra with several scars around his sinewy neck. “Yeah, it’s a little overwhelming, but I deal with hatchlings on a regular basis. I’ll be okay.”
“If you say so,” Flora followed Alyssa’s path, nearly bumping into a trio of Faes in her hurry to catch up with Alyssa.
“I do say so.”
The two Skydancers walked together, pointing out various stores with interesting-looking wares.
“Is this ethical?” Alyssa said sceptically, pointing to a variety of familiars that were all stuffed into one gigantic cage. The Bogsneak manning the register gave her a pointed glare before returning to their magazine.
Flora closed her eyes for a few minutes, concentrating. Her antennae quivered slightly. “Yeah,” she said after a long pause. “They’re not too comfortable, but they’re being fed and exercised regularly. They’ll be fine.”
The Bogsneak gave a little grunt as they turned the page of their magazine. Grouchiness, exasperation, and a small sense of relief (was that the right word for it? Why would the Bogsneak be relieved anyways?) practically oozed out of their scales.
Flora must have sensed it too, because she looked at the Bogsneak for a few more moments before continuing on. This time, Alyssa was the one weaving around dragons as she tried to keep up.
“What did you sense?”
“That’s not for me to share,” Alyssa opened her mouth to protest, but Flora cut her off. “Oh! A fortune-telling booth! Let’s go.”
“Don’t we know enough about the future? I mean, Jectoma practically spews cryptic mumbo-jumbo everytime she opens her mouth, and Murel’s always looking at things other dragons don’t see.”
Flora sighed. “Come on, it might be interesting. Just give it a try?”
Alyssa followed, slightly disgruntled. She’d ask about the Bogsneak later.
[b]Your ID Name:[/b] Watercolour [b]Element:[/b] Light [b]Entry:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35000826]Tate[/url] was already used to travelling in caravans with friends from his home village, but the trip to the Southern Icefield was [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36625733]Scream[/url]'s first one, ever since he had left the Scarred Wasteland to live by the Nocturne's side. His invitation was quite a delightful surprise, and their preparations exciting. For the first day, the couple decided to enjoy what the carnival had to offer by themselves. Having planned everything while still at the caravan's camp by the morning, they knew every place they'd head towards and in what order. Game stalls, food stalls, souvenir shopping, and watching as many shows and events as they could. It'd be no wonder they'd be the last ones to return to the camp that day, happily worn out. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/350009/35000826.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/366258/36625733.png[/img]
Your ID Name: Watercolour
Element: Light
Entry: Tate was already used to travelling in caravans with friends from his home village, but the trip to the Southern Icefield was Scream's first one, ever since he had left the Scarred Wasteland to live by the Nocturne's side. His invitation was quite a delightful surprise, and their preparations exciting. For the first day, the couple decided to enjoy what the carnival had to offer by themselves. Having planned everything while still at the caravan's camp by the morning, they knew every place they'd head towards and in what order. Game stalls, food stalls, souvenir shopping, and watching as many shows and events as they could. It'd be no wonder they'd be the last ones to return to the camp that day, happily worn out.

35000826.png36625733.png
___________________ adoptable by #40738 ___ petal . she/they . frt +4
[b]Your Name:[/b] MythicalViper (#167480) [b]Element:[/b] Arcane [b]Entry:[/b] Day #1 - A dragon that loves the winter carnival (Vespera and her friend Haukin) [left][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15652109] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/156522/15652109_350.png[/img] [/url][/left] [right][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15961691] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/159617/15961691_350.png[/img] [/url][/right] The Winter Carnival was for friends and family. If pressured, Vespera would admit, she was always thankful for the Winter Carnival. And also, really, for Haukin's ability to cook. "Touch that fire rune one more time and I will turn you into potato salad," Haukin said in a deadly voice. "But it might be done," Vespera pointed out. "There's an invention call the thermometer. The rune will [i]beep[/i] when it's done." Haukin threw his claws up. "It's a MIRACLE!" Vespera scoffed and sat back to where she was peeling potatoes. She'd always been kind of fond of festivals, but the Winter Carnival especially. Snowball fights were a must, because Arcanites enjoyed hucking radioactive snow at each other and seeing who grew a third eye first. And hot chocolate was a necessity, even if Arcane marshmallows had a habit of fighting back. But most of all? It wasn't the carnival rides she enjoyed, or the fancy stands and exquisite snacks. Those were good, but what she loved the most was simply spending time with a best friend. Especially one that could stand her. In Arcane terms, that meant Haukin. Tonight, they would be bringing the meal outside, to watch the fireworks illuminate the debut of the Carnival. Haukin loved the pretty colours. Vespera loved the boom. "Why am I peeling potatoes?" Vespera complained, stabbing potatoes with a glowing pink knife. "This is work unfit for a Pearlcatcher." "You are peeling potatoes because it is the only job I am certain you will not screw up," Haukin responded. "You evaporated the soup, the pizza is now boiling sludge, and I've never seen a salad so messed up - I thought it was going to catch on FIRE." "How's it my fault if the salad can't handle a pinch of awesomeness?" Vespera protested. "Besides, it's not science if something doesn't blow up!" "Vespera. [i]Peel[/i]." "Fine. I'm just saying - when we're done, we should totally unleash the carnivorous marshmallow army -" "Peel, Vesp!" Haukin snapped. "But what about the pirate boat thingy? The ride that swings around? What if we use it as a catapult to -" "In the name of the Arcanist, Vesp, PEEL! It's the only thing you can't - " Haukin frowned. Then his eyes went wide. "Is that... a radioactive knife?" "It appears to be," Vespera nodded at her pile of neatly chopped, glowing potatoes. "Huh. That's weird. I think they're coming to life." He stared at her for a three-second beat. Then he put his face in his claws. "We're gonna die." [br] Next week on[i] Aequitan Daily[/i]: Cooking gone too far - mutant potatoes take over the lair. [br] [br] [size=2]edit: forgot Haukin's picture[/size]
Your Name: MythicalViper (#167480)
Element: Arcane
Entry: Day #1 - A dragon that loves the winter carnival (Vespera and her friend Haukin)

The Winter Carnival was for friends and family. If pressured, Vespera would admit, she was always thankful for the Winter Carnival. And also, really, for Haukin's ability to cook.

"Touch that fire rune one more time and I will turn you into potato salad," Haukin said in a deadly voice.

"But it might be done," Vespera pointed out.

"There's an invention call the thermometer. The rune will beep when it's done." Haukin threw his claws up. "It's a MIRACLE!"

Vespera scoffed and sat back to where she was peeling potatoes. She'd always been kind of fond of festivals, but the Winter Carnival especially. Snowball fights were a must, because Arcanites enjoyed hucking radioactive snow at each other and seeing who grew a third eye first. And hot chocolate was a necessity, even if Arcane marshmallows had a habit of fighting back. But most of all? It wasn't the carnival rides she enjoyed, or the fancy stands and exquisite snacks. Those were good, but what she loved the most was simply spending time with a best friend. Especially one that could stand her.

In Arcane terms, that meant Haukin.

Tonight, they would be bringing the meal outside, to watch the fireworks illuminate the debut of the Carnival. Haukin loved the pretty colours. Vespera loved the boom.

"Why am I peeling potatoes?" Vespera complained, stabbing potatoes with a glowing pink knife. "This is work unfit for a Pearlcatcher."

"You are peeling potatoes because it is the only job I am certain you will not screw up," Haukin responded. "You evaporated the soup, the pizza is now boiling sludge, and I've never seen a salad so messed up - I thought it was going to catch on FIRE."

"How's it my fault if the salad can't handle a pinch of awesomeness?" Vespera protested. "Besides, it's not science if something doesn't blow up!"

"Vespera. Peel."

"Fine. I'm just saying - when we're done, we should totally unleash the carnivorous marshmallow army -"

"Peel, Vesp!" Haukin snapped.

"But what about the pirate boat thingy? The ride that swings around? What if we use it as a catapult to -"

"In the name of the Arcanist, Vesp, PEEL! It's the only thing you can't - " Haukin frowned. Then his eyes went wide. "Is that... a radioactive knife?"

"It appears to be," Vespera nodded at her pile of neatly chopped, glowing potatoes. "Huh. That's weird. I think they're coming to life."

He stared at her for a three-second beat. Then he put his face in his claws. "We're gonna die."

Next week on Aequitan Daily: Cooking gone too far - mutant potatoes take over the lair.

edit: forgot Haukin's picture
uPDF3lw.pngX2PAJU7.gifg56Nt7u.png badge-1-100x100.pngRVjFQtg.png
[b]Your Name:[/b] JinxMoonstone [b]Element:[/b] Ice [b]Entry:[/b] Day 1, dragon who loves the carnival [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7953099] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/79531/7953099_350.png[/img] [/url] Gwynn poked her head in Selene's lair. "Selene? Ready for the carnival?" Selene looked at her. [i]The look[/i] - the one that belonged on a Lightning dragon and said "we should be working right now" (despite the fact that the Imp wasn't a Lightning dragon and they weren't a Lightning clan). "Now? No, I have to work on the security. I don't have time to travel to a carnival." That wasn't enough to deter Gwynn. "Selene! The carnival is literally right outside your door. We're even hosting some of the events, as you well know since you and your guards have been working nonstop." She moved closer and nudged the large Imperial. "Come on, it'll be fun. Remember when I was a hatchling and you took me to the Rockbreaker's Ceremony? We had a great time! And this is our own [i]Winter Carnival[/i] - let's just go outside, grab a snack, and wander around the game stalls." The Imperial perked up. "Patrol? That's a great idea!" Gwynn sighed. "I didn't want to have to do this, but... our clan leaders ordered me to get you to take a break. Let's go and see the dragons on the Luge course. That's always a fun event to attend! I'll even get you a cup of hot cocoa." Grumbling, Selene followed Gwynn out; although the Imperial didn't share Gwynn's enthusiam for winter carnivals, she always enjoyed herself once she actually got there.
Your Name: JinxMoonstone
Element: Ice
Entry: Day 1, dragon who loves the carnival

7953099_350.png

Gwynn poked her head in Selene's lair. "Selene? Ready for the carnival?"

Selene looked at her. The look - the one that belonged on a Lightning dragon and said "we should be working right now" (despite the fact that the Imp wasn't a Lightning dragon and they weren't a Lightning clan). "Now? No, I have to work on the security. I don't have time to travel to a carnival."

That wasn't enough to deter Gwynn. "Selene! The carnival is literally right outside your door. We're even hosting some of the events, as you well know since you and your guards have been working nonstop."

She moved closer and nudged the large Imperial. "Come on, it'll be fun. Remember when I was a hatchling and you took me to the Rockbreaker's Ceremony? We had a great time! And this is our own Winter Carnival - let's just go outside, grab a snack, and wander around the game stalls."

The Imperial perked up. "Patrol? That's a great idea!"

Gwynn sighed. "I didn't want to have to do this, but... our clan leaders ordered me to get you to take a break. Let's go and see the dragons on the Luge course. That's always a fun event to attend! I'll even get you a cup of hot cocoa."

Grumbling, Selene followed Gwynn out; although the Imperial didn't share Gwynn's enthusiam for winter carnivals, she always enjoyed herself once she actually got there.
OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
Your ID Name: Gravebloom Element: Nature Entry: [center][quote name="Day 1"] Pick a dragon from your Lair who likes attending winter carnival every year. Write about them inviting a friend with them, and what activities they enjoyed doing. Feel free to post what dragon you chose for the carnival, with your writing. [/quote] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28675642] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/286757/28675642_350.png[/img] [/url] Aerie woke up just as dawn cracked. [i]"Today's the day! It's the first day of the Gala! [b]Yaaaaaaay![/b] Gotta find someone to take. Who's gonna be my guest this year? Hmmmm... Nami? Nope, she's busy. Not Meissa, she's too...fussy."[/i] Just then, an aqua-coloured Skydancer emerged from his den. "Ooh, perfect! Hey, Caspian!~ Come here a sec!" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36238642] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/362387/36238642_350.png[/img] [/url] Caspian had a feeling as soon as he woke up that something bad was going to happen. But he shook it off and wandered outside, just to be interrupted by the bumbling around of Aerie. [i]Uh oh.[/i] He thought, just as the Coatl called for him. He thought about just turning around and pretending he didn't hear anything, but decided to see what he wanted. Aerie moved restlessly waiting for Caspian. [i]What's taking him so long? Gah, hurry up! Oh! Finally! Here he comes![/i] Aerie wasted no time telling Caspian what he wanted. "Soooo, y'know how I'm from the Southern Icefields? Weeellllll, y'see, the annual Winter Carnival is on again, and, see, every year we're encouraged to bring a non-native guest! So, um, I thought this year I'd invite you to be mine. So, yeah. What do you think?" Caspian was shocked. [i]I thought everyone here knew how I feel about water. And yet... He's inviting me to an Ice Festival? Surrounded by water? ...But then again... I heard Mireille is going, so maybe I can just hang out with her...[/i] "Yeah. Sure, Aerie, let's go. Sounds fun." Together they figured the easiest route would be to go through Dragonhome and then Starfall Isles, all the way down to the Southern Icefields. And so they travelled. Eventually, they smelled the familiar smell of carnival foods, and Caspian admitted he was genuinely excited. Forgetting all about appearances and Mireille, they raced each other to find all the best food on offer. They went in all the spooky tents, on all the biggest rides, and most importantly, ate all the food they could fit! Caspian refused to admit it, but it was the best fun he'd had in a long time. [/center]
Your ID Name: Gravebloom
Element: Nature
Entry:
Day 1 wrote:
Pick a dragon from your Lair who likes attending winter carnival every year. Write about them inviting a friend with them, and what activities they enjoyed doing. Feel free to post what dragon you chose for the carnival, with your writing.

28675642_350.png

Aerie woke up just as dawn cracked.
"Today's the day! It's the first day of the Gala! Yaaaaaaay!
Gotta find someone to take. Who's gonna be my guest this year? Hmmmm... Nami? Nope, she's busy. Not Meissa, she's too...fussy."

Just then, an aqua-coloured Skydancer emerged from his den.
"Ooh, perfect! Hey, Caspian!~ Come here a sec!"

36238642_350.png

Caspian had a feeling as soon as he woke up that something bad was going to happen. But he shook it off and wandered outside, just to be interrupted by the bumbling around of Aerie.
Uh oh. He thought, just as the Coatl called for him. He thought about just turning around and pretending he didn't hear anything, but decided to see what he wanted.

Aerie moved restlessly waiting for Caspian.
What's taking him so long? Gah, hurry up!
Oh! Finally! Here he comes!
Aerie wasted no time telling Caspian what he wanted.
"Soooo, y'know how I'm from the Southern Icefields? Weeellllll, y'see, the annual Winter Carnival is on again, and, see, every year we're encouraged to bring a non-native guest! So, um, I thought this year I'd invite you to be mine. So, yeah. What do you think?"

Caspian was shocked. I thought everyone here knew how I feel about water. And yet... He's inviting me to an Ice Festival? Surrounded by water?
...But then again... I heard Mireille is going, so maybe I can just hang out with her...

"Yeah. Sure, Aerie, let's go. Sounds fun."

Together they figured the easiest route would be to go through Dragonhome and then Starfall Isles, all the way down to the Southern Icefields. And so they travelled.

Eventually, they smelled the familiar smell of carnival foods, and Caspian admitted he was genuinely excited. Forgetting all about appearances and Mireille, they raced each other to find all the best food on offer. They went in all the spooky tents, on all the biggest rides, and most importantly, ate all the food they could fit! Caspian refused to admit it, but it was the best fun he'd had in a long time.
scuz me, what u
doin?
gems_badge_100.png
My mama's better than yours!
treasure_badge_100.png nosy, aren't ya?
[b]Your ID Name:[/b] 266129 sockmonkeygerald [b]Element:[/b] Wind [b]Entry:[/b] Day 1, featuring Johnny and her friend Dinky: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26562913][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/265630/26562913.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38499798][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/384998/38499798.png[/img][/url] "Dink!" A large brown snout nosed the cloth flap aside as Johnny sought her fellow guardian. "Getting ready for the carnival yet?" "Carnival? I haven't heard of any, is it those sky pirates in the air market talking about a party?" "What—no, the Winter Games, the Icewarden's gala. Ever been? You can be on the curling team with me." "What in the wind is curling?" "Like that game your lot plays, you just shove the ball round the ice. It's fun." The orange guardian hesitated. "It's not that it doesn't sound fun..." Johnny gave him an expectant stare. "I like heat," he waffled. "It's already cold enough here..." Her eloquent gaze took in the lengthy expanses of hide he preferred bare and judged. "Rug up." "But... it gets dark really early that far south, doesn't it?" "Lots of lanterns," she answered, puzzled. "But not [i]sun[/i]light... I know it's ridiculous, I just hate it if I don't have sun on me most of the day. I get cranky and pessimistic and stop wanting to do anything or be near anyone." "That's strange." "I know," he sighed. "But it happens a little even here, it's why I like going to trade with the Stormflight so much. I hate winter." "Well, guess you can't help it... souvenirs?" "Please." The next day her head poked in again. "You eat fish?" "Fish?" Dinky echoed. "Uh, not that often I guess? Why?" "One of the sky pirates said he doesn't want to murder all his crewmates in winter if he eats a lot of fish." "I [i]probably[/i] wouldn't murder... fish?" Dinky repeated, this time thoughtfully. "That's weird... but I guess it couldn't hurt?" "Plenty of fish between here and the Southern Icefield," Johnny pointed out. "We'll only be there a week. You want to try coming? I'll fish too, you can share mine." "Well..." The sun lover considered the manifold attractions of games and unseen carnival wonders with the company of his friend, versus staying at home eating fish anyway without her. He smiled. "I think I will. Thanks."
Your ID Name: 266129 sockmonkeygerald
Element: Wind
Entry:

Day 1, featuring Johnny and her friend Dinky:

26562913.png38499798.png

"Dink!" A large brown snout nosed the cloth flap aside as Johnny sought her fellow guardian. "Getting ready for the carnival yet?"

"Carnival? I haven't heard of any, is it those sky pirates in the air market talking about a party?"

"What—no, the Winter Games, the Icewarden's gala. Ever been? You can be on the curling team with me."

"What in the wind is curling?"

"Like that game your lot plays, you just shove the ball round the ice. It's fun."

The orange guardian hesitated. "It's not that it doesn't sound fun..."

Johnny gave him an expectant stare.

"I like heat," he waffled. "It's already cold enough here..."

Her eloquent gaze took in the lengthy expanses of hide he preferred bare and judged. "Rug up."

"But... it gets dark really early that far south, doesn't it?"

"Lots of lanterns," she answered, puzzled.

"But not sunlight... I know it's ridiculous, I just hate it if I don't have sun on me most of the day. I get cranky and pessimistic and stop wanting to do anything or be near anyone."

"That's strange."

"I know," he sighed. "But it happens a little even here, it's why I like going to trade with the Stormflight so much. I hate winter."

"Well, guess you can't help it... souvenirs?"

"Please."

The next day her head poked in again. "You eat fish?"

"Fish?" Dinky echoed. "Uh, not that often I guess? Why?"

"One of the sky pirates said he doesn't want to murder all his crewmates in winter if he eats a lot of fish."

"I probably wouldn't murder... fish?" Dinky repeated, this time thoughtfully. "That's weird... but I guess it couldn't hurt?"

"Plenty of fish between here and the Southern Icefield," Johnny pointed out. "We'll only be there a week. You want to try coming? I'll fish too, you can share mine."

"Well..." The sun lover considered the manifold attractions of games and unseen carnival wonders with the company of his friend, versus staying at home eating fish anyway without her. He smiled. "I think I will. Thanks."
cloudbear familiar adopt (links to free resource)why does align right not work fit fit fit fit fit okHobbes dragon plushie (links to breeding pairs)
Your ID Name: Spectra126 Element: Shadow Entry : Day One: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30530313] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/305304/30530313_350.png[/img] [/url] Glacier yawned and opened her eyes. She looked out of the window above her at the snow gently falling. Wait.. Snow? Why was there snow in the Tangled Woods? Then it hit her. Today was the first day of the Gala! She jumped out of bed and quickly dressed, running out into the clearing in the middle of the clan. She looked at the snow in wonder. It had been so long since she had seen snow. She really missed it. After staring at the snow for a while she noticed another dragon come up behind her. " It really is nice to see the snow again isn't it? Come on lets go to the Gala!!" The voice said. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33646283] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/336463/33646283_350.png[/img] [/url] Eclipse looked down at the Gala. It was so cheerful. She missed her home in the Southern Icefield but the Tangled Woods were her true home now. She landed neatly next to Glacier, sending up puffs of snow. As soon as they landed they were thrown into the hustle of the clearing. Glacier was beaming. " Let's go look at the art first!" She yells over the noise. Eclipse nods and hurries after her. They duck into a stall and admire the art for a while. once Glacier was finished looking at all the art she drags Eclipse out again. They looked at all the tents and games, partially hidden by the crowd of dragons. Eclipse grins at the loud noise and sparkle of lights off of the ice. " Lets go watch the games before it gets too dark." She yells at Glacier, jumping into the sky and heading towards the games. Soft wing beats tell her Glacier is following. She smiles and listens to the sounds of the Gala.
Your ID Name: Spectra126
Element: Shadow
Entry :

Day One:

30530313_350.png

Glacier yawned and opened her eyes. She looked out of the window above her at the snow gently falling. Wait.. Snow? Why was there snow in the Tangled Woods? Then it hit her. Today was the first day of the Gala! She jumped out of bed and quickly dressed, running out into the clearing in the middle of the clan. She looked at the snow in wonder. It had been so long since she had seen snow. She really missed it. After staring at the snow for a while she noticed another dragon come up behind her.
" It really is nice to see the snow again isn't it? Come on lets go to the Gala!!" The voice said.

33646283_350.png

Eclipse looked down at the Gala. It was so cheerful. She missed her home in the Southern Icefield but the Tangled Woods were her true home now. She landed neatly next to Glacier, sending up puffs of snow. As soon as they landed they were thrown into the hustle of the clearing. Glacier was beaming.
" Let's go look at the art first!" She yells over the noise. Eclipse nods and hurries after her. They duck into a stall and admire the art for a while. once Glacier was finished looking at all the art she drags Eclipse out again. They looked at all the tents and games, partially hidden by the crowd of dragons. Eclipse grins at the loud noise and sparkle of lights off of the ice.
" Lets go watch the games before it gets too dark." She yells at Glacier, jumping into the sky and heading towards the games. Soft wing beats tell her Glacier is following. She smiles and listens to the sounds of the Gala.
nc2b4dJ.gif
Your ID Name: StormDragon21
Element: Lightning
Entry:
The tent was flimsy and freezing, but Rayna never missed a chance for a carnival. She threw her piles of blankets aside, and quickly slipped into an arctic coat. Still shivering, she stocked her bag with snacks and treasure and slung it over her shoulder.
There were, of course, smaller Gala festivals closer to her home, but Rayna relished the chance to be at the largest carnival. She gasped in awe as it came into sight. Rows of tents extended far into the horizon, with dragons of all flights and species clustering around them.
She reached into her bag, and pulled out a note: “Meet me near the raffle stand at noon. I likely won’t be there early.” She had the whole morning ahead of her, to explore the carnival and all it had to offer.

Can I be added to the ping list?
Your ID Name: StormDragon21
Element: Lightning
Entry:
The tent was flimsy and freezing, but Rayna never missed a chance for a carnival. She threw her piles of blankets aside, and quickly slipped into an arctic coat. Still shivering, she stocked her bag with snacks and treasure and slung it over her shoulder.
There were, of course, smaller Gala festivals closer to her home, but Rayna relished the chance to be at the largest carnival. She gasped in awe as it came into sight. Rows of tents extended far into the horizon, with dragons of all flights and species clustering around them.
She reached into her bag, and pulled out a note: “Meet me near the raffle stand at noon. I likely won’t be there early.” She had the whole morning ahead of her, to explore the carnival and all it had to offer.

Can I be added to the ping list?
Mg9qSuP.gif
[b]Your Name:[/b] RustyAce [b]Element:[/b] Light [b]Entry:[/b] [i]Day 1:[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37967850] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/379679/37967850_350.png[/img] [/url] El’s claws tapped gleefully on the stone floor of the Mirrorlight Promenade in Sunbeam Ruins as she watched snow fall from the sky. Even though the snow melted quickly once it landed on the sunbaked floor, the small golden Spiral could hardly stay still in her delight. Snow meant the Winter Carnival has arrived. The young Spiral couldn’t help but race around her clan in excitement, chattering loudly about the carnival to any dragon who would listen to her. The games and rides were her favorite part of the carnival, and she made sure everyone knew about it. Not that they didn’t already know, but it never hurts to make sure. As the day went by and it became time for her to leave to go to the carnival, she hadn’t found anybody to go with her. They seemed busy to her, and El didn’t want to disturb them. But… she didn’t want to go alone! It was always more fun with a buddy or two. After asking every dragon in the clan, again, she had finally convinced a former ice flight dragon, Alastair, to come with her... as long as she paid for his food. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37993726] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/379938/37993726_350.png[/img] [/url]
Your Name: RustyAce
Element: Light
Entry: Day 1:

37967850_350.png

El’s claws tapped gleefully on the stone floor of the Mirrorlight Promenade in Sunbeam Ruins as she watched snow fall from the sky. Even though the snow melted quickly once it landed on the sunbaked floor, the small golden Spiral could hardly stay still in her delight. Snow meant the Winter Carnival has arrived.
The young Spiral couldn’t help but race around her clan in excitement, chattering loudly about the carnival to any dragon who would listen to her. The games and rides were her favorite part of the carnival, and she made sure everyone knew about it. Not that they didn’t already know, but it never hurts to make sure. As the day went by and it became time for her to leave to go to the carnival, she hadn’t found anybody to go with her. They seemed busy to her, and El didn’t want to disturb them. But… she didn’t want to go alone! It was always more fun with a buddy or two. After asking every dragon in the clan, again, she had finally convinced a former ice flight dragon, Alastair, to come with her... as long as she paid for his food.

37993726_350.png

drytil_by_coloradoblues-dbd9yi1.png EsNfa6g.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18