Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Breaking Point [Legacy of War Challenge]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Okay, first round complete. The trio has a winner.

Plaguebringer have mercy on my readers.

Okay, first round complete. The trio has a winner.

Plaguebringer have mercy on my readers.

4UUQPPZ.gif
@VoxxVoleur

Oh gosh, Sarannah and Lin... that is a heck of a group considering the two don't see eye-to-eye at all from the look of it @_@

Rooting for Assiel; wonder if being on the team of 3 will give him any advantage.

Also what well behaved little offspring oh gosh. I imagine their living situation would cause quicker maturity yes but it's cute.
@VoxxVoleur

Oh gosh, Sarannah and Lin... that is a heck of a group considering the two don't see eye-to-eye at all from the look of it @_@

Rooting for Assiel; wonder if being on the team of 3 will give him any advantage.

Also what well behaved little offspring oh gosh. I imagine their living situation would cause quicker maturity yes but it's cute.
b42b30e632d83cf09d973c85176c5cec4d17d865.png x- @RoyalSorceress
x- she/her/they/them
x- FR+2
x- about
x- wishlist
x- icon dragon
@RoyalSorceress

It has come to my attention that I am glad the rules are in place.

I can't have one team completely wiped out that way.

It was a lot of living situation. That and - what's going on here?

I can do this. Beginning to write the next team's...suffering.
@RoyalSorceress

It has come to my attention that I am glad the rules are in place.

I can't have one team completely wiped out that way.

It was a lot of living situation. That and - what's going on here?

I can do this. Beginning to write the next team's...suffering.
4UUQPPZ.gif
[center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1933329][img]http://s009.radikal.ru/i309/1704/2b/8e0286da716b.png[/img][/url] [size=5][u][b]Generation 2 - Heir Selection, Part 1[/b][/u][/size] Quentrell and ZeroHour waited by the lair’s entrance carefully feigning a sense of calm, something they were all lacking in after the previous night. Most of their children stalked off to bed late into the night with little to show for it. Corinthia had gone back out to return to her personal training, but all of the others simply scowled - except for Marlais. He was worried. When Marlais and Corinthia approached them in the morning, both looked up expectantly. “We’re going to hunt at night. Easier to hide that way.” Corinthia said, warily looking at her brother’s wings. “Good idea.” Quentrell said, returning to look outside of the lair. The pair left the lair. By the way they turned, they were likely going up to the lookout point. It was probably quiet there. He could almost be jealous. He was too worried to do that. Zero brushed up against him, but they both continued to wait in silence. Lin approached them sometime later. “We’ve… er… not agreed on it at all, but… I think we will hunt… I don’t know.” the Fae gave up with a dull look. “How bad?” Quentrell asked, almost wishing he didn’t. “After [i]hours[/i] of debate, we [i]agreed[/i] to a coin flip, then we argued about the coin flip. Then we did it again, and we argued about that. Sarannah wants to hunt at night and use me as bait, since I’m bright. Assiel would back up Sarannah, but he’s [i]too bright[/i]. It won’t work if they see him. Assiel wants to hunt now, in the morning. He can be camouflaged, we can all ambush the prey, and get out cleanly. Then again, something might see me, because I’m bright. Sarannah just doesn’t want to do what Assiel wants to do. I think it’s an ego thing, because I know she can fight off anything that’s out at this hour.” After returning from another hour of debate, the trio ‘agreed’ to hunt when the other group was hunting for sake of their mother being able to watch both at once. They decided on the route they would take and their goal. There was a patch of land south of their lair that was rich in edible plants, between two-thirds of the group being able to gather and eat it, and knowing that the other group wouldn’t look there for food - it made sense to hunt there. They traveled carefully, Lin flattening herself on Assiel’s back to hide her colors. Sarannah wouldn’t allow Lin to stay with her as it would ruin her own colors. A violent rattling had their leader jumping back, a faint red glowing around her as she gathered her energy. Brown-beige stripes circled Sarannah. Lin ducked into the grass to gather her own strength, freeing Assiel to do the same. Sarannah lunged for the serpent first, hitting a vital claws seething with infection. It grazed her in the process, but the triad only noticed when Lin cried out. She fluttered off and away from its grasp. Striking Assiel next, the lighter, stronger Pearlcatcher jumped off to the side to allow Sarannah to finish it. “They seem more violent than usual.” Lin fluttered back down to the pair. “Heh, well we all got hit evenly.” Assiel just barely snickered. “Shut up and move.” Sarannah immediately took what they could from the Serpent, before prowling forward. Another group of serpents blocked their path soon enough, Sarannah again striking out faster than the others. The serpent she hit recoiled, but one lunged past her and onto the easiest target - Lin. She wailed, blood pouring onto the ground in front of her as Assiel pushed her behind him. The pearlcatchers struck out in unison, Sarannah’s attacks being weaker but more in number. Assiel’s were less precise, but just as hard hitting. Still, the serpents encircled them and pounced on Lin. “Lin!” “Lin get out of there! You’re not allowed to die, idiot!” Sarannah yelled, growling as one died at her claws. Assiel’s claws flickered as he readied a spell, but the serpent was too close to Lin. She freed herself right as it lunged to kill, flinging a simple bolt its way. The serpent dove and it missed, but Lin also flicked out of the way of another attacker. Her blood pooled onto the serpent, blinding it in the process. Assiel backed away, brushing against Sarannah’s back as the two remaining serpents hissed and inched forward. Lin wavered above them, her wings beginning to give out. She dropped low enough to contuse the stronger one. It slashed at her one more time, her wing tearing fully. She dropped to the ground, Assiel readying to grab her. “No!” Lin shouted, choking before she could finish. “But-” Assiel dodged back, away from Lin as a tail crashed next to him. Fangs protruded with a loud hiss. A gasp came from behind him as Sarannah took yet another hit, and they were all locked in place. Sarannah resorted to using her claws, now evenly matched against her attack. Jumping towards it, she bared her fangs as she went for its own. It hesitated and she ripped one out, plunging it back into a weak point, tearing her own arm open in the process. The poison flooded her system. Sarannah coughed with a grin, laughing at the serpents. Claws tingling, she slashed at the serpent once and again. She could hear Assiel’s quick movements behind her. Each sidestep, dodge, and parry. “Hey - Hey Assiel.” Sarannah coughed blood onto the ground, wiping her mouth with her bad arm - the poisoned one. It tasted like crap. “How’s that one doing?” she asked, blood bubbling in her throat. “Well, it’s more beat up than I am.” Sarannah laughed before she choked again, lunging at the serpent again before it could come after her. It finally fell and stayed there. Her claw was numb, everything up to her shoulder tremoring, tingling. They needed to finish quickly. “Dodge left when I say so.” she said, glancing over her shoulder. “What?” he asked, pushing the horrible thing off him again. “Now!” she shouted, whirling around as the serpent readied to lunge. Assiel rolled, more crashed well to his left as a blindingly bright, crimson flash hit the serpent. Sarannah fell with a thud, but not before wrangling it into a deathlock. “Go.” she choked again, coughing up more blood as it writhed underneath her. Sarannah poured all of her weight into it, her body growing cold from all of the blood that pooled from where she had been before. She shuddered as her heart quickened, accelerating the blood loss. Assiel stared at her. “Go! Get out of here!” she shouted, glaring at him. He wanted to protest, but she wouldn’t allow it. She took her blood soaked pearl and shoved it towards him, hard enough for him to stumble from its impact with the gash on his leg. The hissing began again, as the thrashing rocked her almost off of it. “Just die already!” She plunged her claws into its neck, falling over as a light streak of color dashed ahead of her. “Heh. I do love my brother…” She glanced at the crumpled figure near her. “Sorry...I’m sorry, Lin.” she mumbled, before her vision darkened. Unaware of their siblings’ status, Marlais and Corinthia stalked the grasses far off from the lair. They treaded slowly, laying low until something found them. They were hoping to catch something by surprise, as no one expected Fae to stay in lower areas. A creature that honestly looked like a flying Mirror, pounced on the ground in front of them letting out an avian cry. “What is that?” “I don’t know!” Both dragons readied their spells, Marlais’ significantly slower as his claws shook. Corinthia adeptly summoned red flares around her, magic beginning to circle her features in a wall. She began to murmur an incantation, but not before looking to Marlais. “Keep it off of me, I can kill it.” “A-Are you -” he cut himself off. Marlais flew around the double winged creature, as it crashed in front of him. Its wings pounded, sending debris all around in a dust cloud. Corinthia vanished in the haze completely. Marlais came eye to eye with the creature, slinging a bolt its way. It slithered, dodging it with ease. The thing let out another cry, but flicked its body and gaze when a hard bolt bore into its side. Corinthia cried out. She hurled towards Marlais, fluttering to regain her balance. “Are you alright?” “Yes.” she nodded firmly. It charged at them again, leaving both to barely dodge its path. It swung its tail out, smacking Marlais with a crack and sending more dust into the air. Corinthia’s red glow returned as her claws traced runes in the air. Her shoulder panged, every movement of her arm sending shooting pain up her spine. Marlais let off bolt after bolt at it, fearing that both of them may have merely annoyed it. Both attacked at once, leaving it to fall at their feet. The pair heaved a sigh. Corinthia carefully dropped down to the ground, biting her tongue. Neither of them were bleeding, and both were still alive. “I’ve never fought anything before.” Marlais said quietly. “I have only practiced. I haven’t fought for real, not like this.” she said, whining quietly. “How hard did it hit you?” “I think it broke something. I don’t know if I can fly back.” The two sat in silence taking that in. She didn’t like to assume, but not returning was reasonable given her condition. They proceeded more carefully, vouching to take a longer way back to find what they came for. They were ambushed and the next was a flurry of magic. Marlais couldn’t even see their assailants, only a fierce red glow that encircled a large area around them. When Corinthia released it with a crack, multiple sickening thuds could be heard around them. She collapsed as well. When he picked her up again, he saw enough to make him sick. Dragons. Mirrors. He carried her back to the lair’s borders without a word. [rule] @RoyalSorceress @FallowFreckles @IronPen @FlufferLover @queenmedusozoa @ElectriWinter @Drakenhart Plaguebringer have mercy on you readers. We had an intense battle, and a less intense battle with a plot twist at the end. [b]Assiel[/b] is winner of team one. [b]Marlais[/b] is the winner of team two. Those two will have another chapter to decide the heir between them. I don't really have much to say, other than to read this again and suffer. Team one's first battle was fine. Then - Lin was targetted hard, Sarannah kept on getting criticals but also kept getting hit, and somehow Assiel wound up with 70% of his health while Lin was a shot from dying and Sarannah was at 30%. Corinthia took a bad hit and that decided it there. She is...alive at the very least, but again - not an option for the heir selection since she went down. More to come in the next chapters. [rule] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2194327/6#post_27995591][i]Click for the next chapter - Generation 2 - Heir Selection, Part 2[/i][/url] [/center]
8e0286da716b.png
Generation 2 - Heir Selection, Part 1

Quentrell and ZeroHour waited by the lair’s entrance carefully feigning a sense of calm, something they were all lacking in after the previous night. Most of their children stalked off to bed late into the night with little to show for it. Corinthia had gone back out to return to her personal training, but all of the others simply scowled - except for Marlais. He was worried.

When Marlais and Corinthia approached them in the morning, both looked up expectantly.

“We’re going to hunt at night. Easier to hide that way.” Corinthia said, warily looking at her brother’s wings.

“Good idea.” Quentrell said, returning to look outside of the lair.

The pair left the lair. By the way they turned, they were likely going up to the lookout point. It was probably quiet there. He could almost be jealous.

He was too worried to do that.

Zero brushed up against him, but they both continued to wait in silence.

Lin approached them sometime later.

“We’ve… er… not agreed on it at all, but… I think we will hunt… I don’t know.” the Fae gave up with a dull look.

“How bad?” Quentrell asked, almost wishing he didn’t.

“After hours of debate, we agreed to a coin flip, then we argued about the coin flip. Then we did it again, and we argued about that. Sarannah wants to hunt at night and use me as bait, since I’m bright. Assiel would back up Sarannah, but he’s too bright. It won’t work if they see him. Assiel wants to hunt now, in the morning. He can be camouflaged, we can all ambush the prey, and get out cleanly. Then again, something might see me, because I’m bright. Sarannah just doesn’t want to do what Assiel wants to do. I think it’s an ego thing, because I know she can fight off anything that’s out at this hour.”

After returning from another hour of debate, the trio ‘agreed’ to hunt when the other group was hunting for sake of their mother being able to watch both at once.

They decided on the route they would take and their goal. There was a patch of land south of their lair that was rich in edible plants, between two-thirds of the group being able to gather and eat it, and knowing that the other group wouldn’t look there for food - it made sense to hunt there. They traveled carefully, Lin flattening herself on Assiel’s back to hide her colors. Sarannah wouldn’t allow Lin to stay with her as it would ruin her own colors.

A violent rattling had their leader jumping back, a faint red glowing around her as she gathered her energy. Brown-beige stripes circled Sarannah. Lin ducked into the grass to gather her own strength, freeing Assiel to do the same. Sarannah lunged for the serpent first, hitting a vital claws seething with infection. It grazed her in the process, but the triad only noticed when Lin cried out. She fluttered off and away from its grasp. Striking Assiel next, the lighter, stronger Pearlcatcher jumped off to the side to allow Sarannah to finish it.

“They seem more violent than usual.” Lin fluttered back down to the pair.

“Heh, well we all got hit evenly.” Assiel just barely snickered.

“Shut up and move.” Sarannah immediately took what they could from the Serpent, before prowling forward.

Another group of serpents blocked their path soon enough, Sarannah again striking out faster than the others. The serpent she hit recoiled, but one lunged past her and onto the easiest target - Lin. She wailed, blood pouring onto the ground in front of her as Assiel pushed her behind him. The pearlcatchers struck out in unison, Sarannah’s attacks being weaker but more in number. Assiel’s were less precise, but just as hard hitting. Still, the serpents encircled them and pounced on Lin.

“Lin!”

“Lin get out of there! You’re not allowed to die, idiot!” Sarannah yelled, growling as one died at her claws.

Assiel’s claws flickered as he readied a spell, but the serpent was too close to Lin. She freed herself right as it lunged to kill, flinging a simple bolt its way. The serpent dove and it missed, but Lin also flicked out of the way of another attacker. Her blood pooled onto the serpent, blinding it in the process.

Assiel backed away, brushing against Sarannah’s back as the two remaining serpents hissed and inched forward. Lin wavered above them, her wings beginning to give out. She dropped low enough to contuse the stronger one. It slashed at her one more time, her wing tearing fully. She dropped to the ground, Assiel readying to grab her.

“No!” Lin shouted, choking before she could finish.

“But-” Assiel dodged back, away from Lin as a tail crashed next to him.

Fangs protruded with a loud hiss. A gasp came from behind him as Sarannah took yet another hit, and they were all locked in place. Sarannah resorted to using her claws, now evenly matched against her attack. Jumping towards it, she bared her fangs as she went for its own. It hesitated and she ripped one out, plunging it back into a weak point, tearing her own arm open in the process. The poison flooded her system.

Sarannah coughed with a grin, laughing at the serpents. Claws tingling, she slashed at the serpent once and again. She could hear Assiel’s quick movements behind her. Each sidestep, dodge, and parry.

“Hey - Hey Assiel.” Sarannah coughed blood onto the ground, wiping her mouth with her bad arm - the poisoned one.

It tasted like crap.

“How’s that one doing?” she asked, blood bubbling in her throat.

“Well, it’s more beat up than I am.”

Sarannah laughed before she choked again, lunging at the serpent again before it could come after her. It finally fell and stayed there. Her claw was numb, everything up to her shoulder tremoring, tingling. They needed to finish quickly.

“Dodge left when I say so.” she said, glancing over her shoulder.

“What?” he asked, pushing the horrible thing off him again.

“Now!” she shouted, whirling around as the serpent readied to lunge.

Assiel rolled, more crashed well to his left as a blindingly bright, crimson flash hit the serpent. Sarannah fell with a thud, but not before wrangling it into a deathlock.

“Go.” she choked again, coughing up more blood as it writhed underneath her.

Sarannah poured all of her weight into it, her body growing cold from all of the blood that pooled from where she had been before. She shuddered as her heart quickened, accelerating the blood loss. Assiel stared at her.

“Go! Get out of here!” she shouted, glaring at him.

He wanted to protest, but she wouldn’t allow it. She took her blood soaked pearl and shoved it towards him, hard enough for him to stumble from its impact with the gash on his leg. The hissing began again, as the thrashing rocked her almost off of it.

“Just die already!” She plunged her claws into its neck, falling over as a light streak of color dashed ahead of her.

“Heh. I do love my brother…”

She glanced at the crumpled figure near her.

“Sorry...I’m sorry, Lin.” she mumbled, before her vision darkened.

Unaware of their siblings’ status, Marlais and Corinthia stalked the grasses far off from the lair. They treaded slowly, laying low until something found them. They were hoping to catch something by surprise, as no one expected Fae to stay in lower areas.

A creature that honestly looked like a flying Mirror, pounced on the ground in front of them letting out an avian cry.

“What is that?”

“I don’t know!”

Both dragons readied their spells, Marlais’ significantly slower as his claws shook. Corinthia adeptly summoned red flares around her, magic beginning to circle her features in a wall. She began to murmur an incantation, but not before looking to Marlais.

“Keep it off of me, I can kill it.”

“A-Are you -” he cut himself off.

Marlais flew around the double winged creature, as it crashed in front of him. Its wings pounded, sending debris all around in a dust cloud. Corinthia vanished in the haze completely. Marlais came eye to eye with the creature, slinging a bolt its way. It slithered, dodging it with ease. The thing let out another cry, but flicked its body and gaze when a hard bolt bore into its side. Corinthia cried out. She hurled towards Marlais, fluttering to regain her balance.

“Are you alright?”

“Yes.” she nodded firmly.

It charged at them again, leaving both to barely dodge its path. It swung its tail out, smacking Marlais with a crack and sending more dust into the air. Corinthia’s red glow returned as her claws traced runes in the air. Her shoulder panged, every movement of her arm sending shooting pain up her spine. Marlais let off bolt after bolt at it, fearing that both of them may have merely annoyed it. Both attacked at once, leaving it to fall at their feet.

The pair heaved a sigh. Corinthia carefully dropped down to the ground, biting her tongue. Neither of them were bleeding, and both were still alive.

“I’ve never fought anything before.” Marlais said quietly.

“I have only practiced. I haven’t fought for real, not like this.” she said, whining quietly.

“How hard did it hit you?”

“I think it broke something. I don’t know if I can fly back.”

The two sat in silence taking that in. She didn’t like to assume, but not returning was reasonable given her condition. They proceeded more carefully, vouching to take a longer way back to find what they came for.

They were ambushed and the next was a flurry of magic. Marlais couldn’t even see their assailants, only a fierce red glow that encircled a large area around them. When Corinthia released it with a crack, multiple sickening thuds could be heard around them.

She collapsed as well.

When he picked her up again, he saw enough to make him sick.

Dragons.

Mirrors.

He carried her back to the lair’s borders without a word.

@RoyalSorceress @FallowFreckles @IronPen @FlufferLover @queenmedusozoa @ElectriWinter @Drakenhart

Plaguebringer have mercy on you readers.

We had an intense battle, and a less intense battle with a plot twist at the end.

Assiel is winner of team one. Marlais is the winner of team two. Those two will have another chapter to decide the heir between them.

I don't really have much to say, other than to read this again and suffer. Team one's first battle was fine. Then - Lin was targetted hard, Sarannah kept on getting criticals but also kept getting hit, and somehow Assiel wound up with 70% of his health while Lin was a shot from dying and Sarannah was at 30%.

Corinthia took a bad hit and that decided it there. She is...alive at the very least, but again - not an option for the heir selection since she went down. More to come in the next chapters.

Click for the next chapter - Generation 2 - Heir Selection, Part 2
4UUQPPZ.gif
@VoxxVoleur what the heck I thought this wasn't going to be mind-numblingly painful to read and boy was I WRONG Lin was slaughtered like an animal oh my gosh that poor child I like how the two favored candidates however were the survivors, that's pretty amazing. I hope the next round is better- and I'm curious as to what these Mirrors may have in play on this legacy. Edit// Whoops misread apparently, Marlais is our other candidate for the legacy. I CALLED IT Also a scryed pool toy since he is trying so hard to survive [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=51&bodygene=6&breed=1&element=2&gender=0&tert=90&tertgene=12&winggene=9&wings=84&auth=183e56b2934dae1f9c7b63d7eb06ffb60c2bad7f&dummyext=prev.png[/img] At least stained makes his tert less vibrant? :3 //punted//
@VoxxVoleur

what

the

heck

I thought this wasn't going to be mind-numblingly painful to read and boy was I WRONG

Lin was slaughtered like an animal oh my gosh that poor child
I like how the two favored candidates however were the survivors, that's pretty amazing. I hope the next round is better- and I'm curious as to what these Mirrors may have in play on this legacy.

Edit// Whoops misread apparently, Marlais is our other candidate for the legacy.
I CALLED IT

Also a scryed pool toy since he is trying so hard to survive

dragon?age=1&body=51&bodygene=6&breed=1&element=2&gender=0&tert=90&tertgene=12&winggene=9&wings=84&auth=183e56b2934dae1f9c7b63d7eb06ffb60c2bad7f&dummyext=prev.png

At least stained makes his tert less vibrant? :3
//punted//
b42b30e632d83cf09d973c85176c5cec4d17d865.png x- @RoyalSorceress
x- she/her/they/them
x- FR+2
x- about
x- wishlist
x- icon dragon
@RoyalSorceress Aye he looks like a dead leaf now. :) lol
@RoyalSorceress Aye he looks like a dead leaf now. :) lol
@RoyalSorceress

Oh no, this is heir selection Royal. No punches pulled.

I feel so badly for Lin and then Sarannah? Gah, all three spent the whole night before fighting and I'm sure that was what Sarannah was thinking about in the end.

Sarannah might have been abrasive, but she did love her siblings. Even Lin.

//Nope

I can't do a pool toy. Not putting that much effort into a pool toy.

Seconding Drakenhart. :'|
@RoyalSorceress

Oh no, this is heir selection Royal. No punches pulled.

I feel so badly for Lin and then Sarannah? Gah, all three spent the whole night before fighting and I'm sure that was what Sarannah was thinking about in the end.

Sarannah might have been abrasive, but she did love her siblings. Even Lin.

//Nope

I can't do a pool toy. Not putting that much effort into a pool toy.

Seconding Drakenhart. :'|
4UUQPPZ.gif
@VoxxVoleur
Ho boy, I just read both posts and if I had the space I would kidnap Marlais myself cause I want a toxin him so bad for lore. But oh, how are the parents gonna react to the Mirrors? I'm really wondering and how is the best shot gonna feel about the liability getting paired with him next?
@VoxxVoleur
Ho boy, I just read both posts and if I had the space I would kidnap Marlais myself cause I want a toxin him so bad for lore. But oh, how are the parents gonna react to the Mirrors? I'm really wondering and how is the best shot gonna feel about the liability getting paired with him next?
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
@VoxxVoleur

I finally got mine up, typos included. lol XD I had to rush some of it because they were already on the nest before I got the idea (from you) to write a story on it!!

Wild Warriors - Legacy of War

Yeah... if you catch the game of thrones references, let me know. ;) hehe.
@VoxxVoleur

I finally got mine up, typos included. lol XD I had to rush some of it because they were already on the nest before I got the idea (from you) to write a story on it!!

Wild Warriors - Legacy of War

Yeah... if you catch the game of thrones references, let me know. ;) hehe.
@VoxxVoleur

Can I be put on the ping list for this please? I can't wait to read more.
@VoxxVoleur

Can I be put on the ping list for this please? I can't wait to read more.
stp.pngreaver-bats.gifsmall-hathor.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8