Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Drakish [An Open Conlang]
1 2 3 4
@Mort
ahh this is so cool! i cant really participate right now, since im working on my own conlang project, but id love to be pinged with future updates ouo
@Mort
ahh this is so cool! i cant really participate right now, since im working on my own conlang project, but id love to be pinged with future updates ouo
qDm2JZu.png
@Orru same tbh

@sinstrinity Thank you! And yeah, I understand. I'll add you to the pinglist!
@Orru same tbh

@sinstrinity Thank you! And yeah, I understand. I'll add you to the pinglist!
tumblr_o0esauQ9Hj1tfzajgo1_500.png
@Mort Question--how do the pronunciations work, exactly? I understand the alphabet is syllabic, but the order in the guide is a little bit confusing.

(I'm entirely new to conlangs, so I might have a bunch of questions, sorry!)

EDIT: and the differences between -ket/-kem (regarding adjectives) are similar to those with ser/estar in Spanish, yes? (I am always purple vs. I am purple right now, and may not be in the future/past)
@Mort Question--how do the pronunciations work, exactly? I understand the alphabet is syllabic, but the order in the guide is a little bit confusing.

(I'm entirely new to conlangs, so I might have a bunch of questions, sorry!)

EDIT: and the differences between -ket/-kem (regarding adjectives) are similar to those with ser/estar in Spanish, yes? (I am always purple vs. I am purple right now, and may not be in the future/past)
hpOdUl3.png
@pensandink The pronunciations tend to follow Spanish pronunciation; a = ah, e = eeey, i = ee, o = oh, and u = ooo. Y is basically just the 'yuh' sound, but sometimes the full letter is pronounced 'aye' as in 'aye, aye, captain'. And X is pronounced 'zh' or 'sh', which I believe is closer to the Basque pronunciation.

The syllables 'wir' and 'wyr' are pronounced 'weer' and 'why-er'.

And yeah, I never thought about -ket/-kem that way, but that's basically how it works! Feel free to ask as many questions as you like.

Edit: I aim to at some point record myself speaking a bit, too.
@pensandink The pronunciations tend to follow Spanish pronunciation; a = ah, e = eeey, i = ee, o = oh, and u = ooo. Y is basically just the 'yuh' sound, but sometimes the full letter is pronounced 'aye' as in 'aye, aye, captain'. And X is pronounced 'zh' or 'sh', which I believe is closer to the Basque pronunciation.

The syllables 'wir' and 'wyr' are pronounced 'weer' and 'why-er'.

And yeah, I never thought about -ket/-kem that way, but that's basically how it works! Feel free to ask as many questions as you like.

Edit: I aim to at some point record myself speaking a bit, too.
tumblr_o0esauQ9Hj1tfzajgo1_500.png
@Mort
Pinglisttt I want to become fluent in draconic languages >:D
This will also be so cool because when my dragons have languages barriers I can aCTUALLY WRITE THEIR LANGUAGES! ^^
@Mort
Pinglisttt I want to become fluent in draconic languages >:D
This will also be so cool because when my dragons have languages barriers I can aCTUALLY WRITE THEIR LANGUAGES! ^^
@Mort

Can you add me to the ping list?
@Mort

Can you add me to the ping list?
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Other stuff
My Levelling Service
My Stock the Pond Pairs
Plague Subspecies Masterlist
Formatting is pain
You found this by accident
@Mort

This is so interesting! Please add me to the pinglist!
@Mort

This is so interesting! Please add me to the pinglist!
tumblr_oo2jy3Tl6r1tsrduio1_500.png
@Mort I'd love to be on the pinglist!
@Mort I'd love to be on the pinglist!
4VUJBb.png
@Mort

Please put me on the pinglist, too!
@Mort

Please put me on the pinglist, too!
NY105Sx.gif
@Mort wow! ::D add me to the pinglist too, please <3
@Mort wow! ::D add me to the pinglist too, please <3
Pixel Teapot Wind and Nature joined emblem Ursegal Project emblem