Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Disillusionist's Lore & More [CLOSED]
1 2 ... 518 519 520 521 522 ... 656 657
@Kaminome Order accepted! Thanks for including ref images, those are really helpful! Base price for a large graphic is 20,000t, and with the additional links, it'll come to 21,000t.

I can get started on this one today. Please send me the starting fee via 1-way CR: 2,100t OR 3g. Thanks!
@Kaminome Order accepted! Thanks for including ref images, those are really helpful! Base price for a large graphic is 20,000t, and with the additional links, it'll come to 21,000t.

I can get started on this one today. Please send me the starting fee via 1-way CR: 2,100t OR 3g. Thanks!
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist
Sending!
(No problemo, glad I could help!)
@Disillusionist
Sending!
(No problemo, glad I could help!)
Lights!Kamera!Action!
the skeletons in my closet are having a party w/o me

FR+15 | Any Prns | ENG/ZH-TW
- Art Shop
- Adopts/Customs
- TH Purge
[img]reworkin banner have this text for now[/img]
@Disillusionist id love to grab that proofreading slot then!! the piece can be found in this dragons bio. id love if you could edit anything that seems odd to you (writing wise), and of course spelling/grammar. anything you're down with editing, basically! tysm, let me know if that's doable!
@Disillusionist id love to grab that proofreading slot then!! the piece can be found in this dragons bio. id love if you could edit anything that seems odd to you (writing wise), and of course spelling/grammar. anything you're down with editing, basically! tysm, let me know if that's doable!
SXqaLwu.png

she/her
FR + 8/9
x
x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxart shop
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxg1 sales
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxprofile dragon

@Fantelle You got it! This seems doable, so I can accept this order. ^^ Please send me your fee via 1-way CR -- it's PWYW, so it can be pretty much anything, as long as it meets the minimum worth of 500t.

Btw, would you like me to post the edited text here (this is what I do by default), or would you rather have it PM'd over?
@Fantelle You got it! This seems doable, so I can accept this order. ^^ Please send me your fee via 1-way CR -- it's PWYW, so it can be pretty much anything, as long as it meets the minimum worth of 500t.

Btw, would you like me to post the edited text here (this is what I do by default), or would you rather have it PM'd over?
@Disillusionist sending! and youre ok to post it here! thank you <3
@Disillusionist sending! and youre ok to post it here! thank you <3
SXqaLwu.png

she/her
FR + 8/9
x
x

@Fantelle Proofreading complete! This was such a lovely, creative story! ^^ Some style notes:[list] [*] I've changed "black plague" to "the Black Death" -- I assume that's what you're referring to? It's [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Death]capitalized[/url] since it looks as though that's how it's most commonly written. But if you mean a different disease, we can change it back to "black plague". [*] Changed "[url=https://www.dictionary.com/browse/egg-sac]egg sack[/url]" to "[url=https://www.dictionary.com/browse/yolk-sac]yolk sac[/url]", since the definitions are quite different. ^^ [*] I've changed "Fruit Snaps" to "Fruit Snappers", since that's how you referred to them elsewhere in the text. If it's an alternative name instead of an error, let me know and I can swap it back. [*] Feel free to poke me if you'd like me to make some changes or explain some more edits![/list] [quote]"The Law of Magnus Fructus" the Plaguebringer is the giver of life, therefore we owe everything to Her name It's feeding time, and Overbye takes her place next to this morning's newborns. She spent all morning preparing their first meal, and can see the adoration on their faces. "You hungry?" she chuckles. The hatchlings nod furiously, drool pouring from their jaws. Overbye picks up an apple from the pile of fruit in front of them. "Before we eat, I need to tell you a story. It's a story about this apple right here. I promise you'll get to eat it in just a minute, but it's important you know where this apple comes from. Let me take you back to the beginning of time. Back then, the Scarred Wasteland was much more unpredictable than it is now. From toxic rains to the Black Death, the Wasteland claimed many more lives than it birthed. The only inhabitants were the first generation of snappers, children of the Earthshaker. They were sturdy creatures, and held on throughout much of this turbulence. That is, until it became impossible to procreate. The nested eggs would spontaneously rot before they ever had a chance to birth life, and nothing the snappers attempted seemed to stop it. Admitting defeat, they permanently migrated to Dragonhome, leaving behind hundreds of abandoned nests. But that week, something took place which can only be described as miraculous. Five of the abandoned eggs thrived. Instead of growing as dragons would, taking in nutrients from the yolk sac, these foetuses grew with the blessing of the Plaguebringer. Taking in nutrients from the sun and soil, they thrived. They were the first Fruit Snappers, born from this holy wedlock between flora and fauna.” "The Fruit Snappers grew into bountiful trees with fruit unlike any other mortal harvest. With time, their fruit made the Scarred Wasteland inhabitable. Travelers would marvel at the land's potential, and one by one put down roots in the area. You and I would not be sitting here were it not for the Plaguebringer. The first five mischievous Fruit Snappers still live among us in the harvest and fruits they bear. I want you to always eat when you're hungry, but remember to be thankful for each meal that is provided to you." Overbye has raised many hatchlings and younglings in the past, and the success of the story becomes evident just minutes later as the newborns enthusiastically exclaim their thanks to every fruit they consume.[/quote]
@Fantelle Proofreading complete! This was such a lovely, creative story! ^^

Some style notes:
  • I've changed "black plague" to "the Black Death" -- I assume that's what you're referring to? It's capitalized since it looks as though that's how it's most commonly written. But if you mean a different disease, we can change it back to "black plague".
  • Changed "egg sack" to "yolk sac", since the definitions are quite different. ^^
  • I've changed "Fruit Snaps" to "Fruit Snappers", since that's how you referred to them elsewhere in the text. If it's an alternative name instead of an error, let me know and I can swap it back.
  • Feel free to poke me if you'd like me to make some changes or explain some more edits!

Quote:
"The Law of Magnus Fructus"
the Plaguebringer is the giver of life, therefore we owe everything to Her name

It's feeding time, and Overbye takes her place next to this morning's newborns. She spent all morning preparing their first meal, and can see the adoration on their faces.

"You hungry?" she chuckles.

The hatchlings nod furiously, drool pouring from their jaws. Overbye picks up an apple from the pile of fruit in front of them.

"Before we eat, I need to tell you a story. It's a story about this apple right here. I promise you'll get to eat it in just a minute, but it's important you know where this apple comes from.

Let me take you back to the beginning of time. Back then, the Scarred Wasteland was much more unpredictable than it is now. From toxic rains to the Black Death, the Wasteland claimed many more lives than it birthed. The only inhabitants were the first generation of snappers, children of the Earthshaker. They were sturdy creatures, and held on throughout much of this turbulence. That is, until it became impossible to procreate. The nested eggs would spontaneously rot before they ever had a chance to birth life, and nothing the snappers attempted seemed to stop it. Admitting defeat, they permanently migrated to Dragonhome, leaving behind hundreds of abandoned nests.

But that week, something took place which can only be described as miraculous. Five of the abandoned eggs thrived. Instead of growing as dragons would, taking in nutrients from the yolk sac, these foetuses grew with the blessing of the Plaguebringer. Taking in nutrients from the sun and soil, they thrived. They were the first Fruit Snappers, born from this holy wedlock between flora and fauna.”

"The Fruit Snappers grew into bountiful trees with fruit unlike any other mortal harvest. With time, their fruit made the Scarred Wasteland inhabitable. Travelers would marvel at the land's potential, and one by one put down roots in the area.

You and I would not be sitting here were it not for the Plaguebringer. The first five mischievous Fruit Snappers still live among us in the harvest and fruits they bear. I want you to always eat when you're hungry, but remember to be thankful for each meal that is provided to you."

Overbye has raised many hatchlings and younglings in the past, and the success of the story becomes evident just minutes later as the newborns enthusiastically exclaim their thanks to every fruit they consume.
@Disillusionist ee thank you so much, this reads so much better! exactly the service i had in mind <3

thank you for your help (and swiftness), no further edits needed <3
@Disillusionist ee thank you so much, this reads so much better! exactly the service i had in mind <3

thank you for your help (and swiftness), no further edits needed <3
SXqaLwu.png

she/her
FR + 8/9
x
x

@Fantelle You're welcome, happy to help out! I really enjoyed reading the story. It's a neat idea and was framed so wholesomely too! [emoji=heart]
@Fantelle You're welcome, happy to help out! I really enjoyed reading the story. It's a neat idea and was framed so wholesomely too!
@Kaminome I've got 4 samples for your sig here! Please let me know which design you'd like to use, or if you'd like me to make any changes. I can also swap elements around (e.g., Sample 4's font on Sample 1's layout). If you're happy with one of the designs here and want to use it as-is, you can send me the final payment via 1-way CR: [b]worth 14,900t (or 14g + 900t)[/b]. After I accept the CR, I'll post the image with links in the thread. Thank you! Sample 1 [img]https://i.imgur.com/14xRF9T.png[/img] Sample 2 [img]https://i.imgur.com/y7aTyE8.png[/img] Sample 3 [img]https://i.imgur.com/LtWACKx.png[/img] Sample 4 [img]https://i.imgur.com/RrMglgO.png[/img]
@Kaminome I've got 4 samples for your sig here! Please let me know which design you'd like to use, or if you'd like me to make any changes. I can also swap elements around (e.g., Sample 4's font on Sample 1's layout).

If you're happy with one of the designs here and want to use it as-is, you can send me the final payment via 1-way CR: worth 14,900t (or 14g + 900t). After I accept the CR, I'll post the image with links in the thread. Thank you!

Sample 1
14xRF9T.png

Sample 2
y7aTyE8.png

Sample 3
LtWACKx.png

Sample 4
RrMglgO.png
@Disillusionist
F, I like all of them lmao-
Could I pay for multiple? (2, 3 and 4?) I can't decide which one lol
Thanks in advance!
@Disillusionist
F, I like all of them lmao-
Could I pay for multiple? (2, 3 and 4?) I can't decide which one lol
Thanks in advance!
Lights!Kamera!Action!
the skeletons in my closet are having a party w/o me

FR+15 | Any Prns | ENG/ZH-TW
- Art Shop