Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Disillusionist's Lore & More [CLOSED]
1 2 ... 282 283 284 285 286 ... 656 657
@MistyGold Thank you for waiting! Your lore is finished, and the final payment is 202,500t, to be sent by 1-way CR. A preview is also shown below.

Quote:
Breeze was now nearing the end of her studies. She would not be leaving the clan, but Arwen had explained, “Just because your studies are over does not mean you will stop learning. Wind is ever changing, ever evolving—and so too must you be. Your mind must remain open, and you must always be prepared to master new ideas...”

Wave’s voice interrupted her thoughts: “Have you met the Windsinger already?”

“I haven’t had the good fortune to meet our god,” Breeze sighed. Not many dragons had, to be honest. The Windsinger had apparently not yet completed his journey.

But the visions, the magic—all were signs that he hadn’t abandoned his children. She had learned this from Arwen too. This, and so much more—
@MistyGold Thank you for waiting! Your lore is finished, and the final payment is 202,500t, to be sent by 1-way CR. A preview is also shown below.

Quote:
Breeze was now nearing the end of her studies. She would not be leaving the clan, but Arwen had explained, “Just because your studies are over does not mean you will stop learning. Wind is ever changing, ever evolving—and so too must you be. Your mind must remain open, and you must always be prepared to master new ideas...”

Wave’s voice interrupted her thoughts: “Have you met the Windsinger already?”

“I haven’t had the good fortune to meet our god,” Breeze sighed. Not many dragons had, to be honest. The Windsinger had apparently not yet completed his journey.

But the visions, the magic—all were signs that he hadn’t abandoned his children. She had learned this from Arwen too. This, and so much more—
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@disillusionist
Please let me know if I can fill in any other gaps in regards to information!

1; She has one small hobby, that she keeps hidden and mentions to no one, not even her closest friend Azura, and that is enchanting small toys for all the dragonlings that run through town, and sends her apprentices to hand them out under the guise of a work order or whatever random excuse she thinks up that day. (Her apprentices actually know what she does, but pretend not to know)

2; She has no romantic relations, dedicated most of her time to her work, but she also considers Deimos to be a acquaintance, due to his work as an Archivist he has a small view into her skill. She deals with Caelum in regards to work, he supplies most if not all of the metal based pieces she uses, such as swords, shields, and farm tools. I don't have any dragons in particular as neighbors, but her place of residence (also her main shop) is surrounded by other shops and homes.

3; For the most part I would say she's grudgingly kind with her apprentices, since she knows that encouragement can yield better results than belittling them and critiquing them for every mistake. The only times she considers being outright irritable and cold with them is if one messed up a important piece when there is no excuse for the incident to have happened.

4; She dislikes working with fabric elements, due to the fragile natures of the piece and the extra steps she has to put into an already difficult process. She also is unfond of commissions such as lightning enchants on metals such as swords and knives, and fire for bows and shields.

5; So what I kinda have in my head in regards to her language is how like any profession usually has important technical terms they use to refer to things within their work; such as I work maintenance on airplanes and if I were to start going on about walking beam actuators or anti skid or the utility hydraulic system any person outside of my line of work would blank out and not have any clue of what I would be saying. So Amara falls into that, she gets really technical in conversations, like say how the use of a weapon affects the drain rate of the enchant she scribed into is based off the strength of that enchantment. 1,2,3,4
- These might help in regards to terms? I will happily dig deeper if you wish for a better clarification on this, hope I got it out in a way that can be understood

6; Sorry about that, most of my House lore is still in my brain lol
House Aaldir is my clan, which is a collection of dragons that all share the ability to manipulate magic in one way or another. Some members are flashy battlemages and spellcrafters, others simple bakers and merchants that use magic to make their works just a little extra special. The House operates on a ranking system, with the highest members being the Lord and Lady Magistrate of the House; those that control all the broad aspects and politics of the House. The lowest members are Retainers, those who either reached the age where they can begin to influence and gain rank in their birth clan or who was allowed entry into the clan due to their feats or marriage to a House member. The House has its main seat of power on Helike, my island off the coast of the Sunbeam Ruins, but its members are not held to the island and many are wanderers that only return to the island once in a blue moon.

7; Ania is a bright sunshine baby, who is the most senior of Amara's current apprentices and is the only one that Amara allows to work on important commissions without her hovering over her shoulder the whole time. She takes no sass, and often is successful in making Amara put a project down to stretch her limbs and actually see the sun instead of being holed up in the workshop for weeks on end.

@disillusionist
Please let me know if I can fill in any other gaps in regards to information!

1; She has one small hobby, that she keeps hidden and mentions to no one, not even her closest friend Azura, and that is enchanting small toys for all the dragonlings that run through town, and sends her apprentices to hand them out under the guise of a work order or whatever random excuse she thinks up that day. (Her apprentices actually know what she does, but pretend not to know)

2; She has no romantic relations, dedicated most of her time to her work, but she also considers Deimos to be a acquaintance, due to his work as an Archivist he has a small view into her skill. She deals with Caelum in regards to work, he supplies most if not all of the metal based pieces she uses, such as swords, shields, and farm tools. I don't have any dragons in particular as neighbors, but her place of residence (also her main shop) is surrounded by other shops and homes.

3; For the most part I would say she's grudgingly kind with her apprentices, since she knows that encouragement can yield better results than belittling them and critiquing them for every mistake. The only times she considers being outright irritable and cold with them is if one messed up a important piece when there is no excuse for the incident to have happened.

4; She dislikes working with fabric elements, due to the fragile natures of the piece and the extra steps she has to put into an already difficult process. She also is unfond of commissions such as lightning enchants on metals such as swords and knives, and fire for bows and shields.

5; So what I kinda have in my head in regards to her language is how like any profession usually has important technical terms they use to refer to things within their work; such as I work maintenance on airplanes and if I were to start going on about walking beam actuators or anti skid or the utility hydraulic system any person outside of my line of work would blank out and not have any clue of what I would be saying. So Amara falls into that, she gets really technical in conversations, like say how the use of a weapon affects the drain rate of the enchant she scribed into is based off the strength of that enchantment. 1,2,3,4
- These might help in regards to terms? I will happily dig deeper if you wish for a better clarification on this, hope I got it out in a way that can be understood

6; Sorry about that, most of my House lore is still in my brain lol
House Aaldir is my clan, which is a collection of dragons that all share the ability to manipulate magic in one way or another. Some members are flashy battlemages and spellcrafters, others simple bakers and merchants that use magic to make their works just a little extra special. The House operates on a ranking system, with the highest members being the Lord and Lady Magistrate of the House; those that control all the broad aspects and politics of the House. The lowest members are Retainers, those who either reached the age where they can begin to influence and gain rank in their birth clan or who was allowed entry into the clan due to their feats or marriage to a House member. The House has its main seat of power on Helike, my island off the coast of the Sunbeam Ruins, but its members are not held to the island and many are wanderers that only return to the island once in a blue moon.

7; Ania is a bright sunshine baby, who is the most senior of Amara's current apprentices and is the only one that Amara allows to work on important commissions without her hovering over her shoulder the whole time. She takes no sass, and often is successful in making Amara put a project down to stretch her limbs and actually see the sun instead of being holed up in the workshop for weeks on end.

351c0bf81e6698f56defc7910f3f1b52.png
@Saeliras [emoji=heart size=1] This is excellent, thank you! I really appreciate the time and effort you put into writing this down. I don't want to produce something that might be too similar to what Amara already has in her bio, so this is a huge help to me. I'll just complete my next commission, and then I'll be ready to write for Amara. ^^ ----- @Rowan00 Hi there! I'm wrapping up my first order and will start working on your lore today. I still haven't received a reply to this question-- [quote name="Disillusionist" date="2019-10-08 20:06:30" ] Could I have a link and a brief personality description of Tramonto, though?[/quote] If you don't have any ideas in mind, just let me know, and I can create his personality by myself. The total cost of your lore is 150,000t. Please send me [b]15,000t by 1-way CR[/b] as the starting fee. Thank you!
@Saeliras This is excellent, thank you! I really appreciate the time and effort you put into writing this down. I don't want to produce something that might be too similar to what Amara already has in her bio, so this is a huge help to me. I'll just complete my next commission, and then I'll be ready to write for Amara. ^^

@Rowan00 Hi there! I'm wrapping up my first order and will start working on your lore today. I still haven't received a reply to this question--

Disillusionist wrote on 2019-10-08 20:06:30:
Could I have a link and a brief personality description of Tramonto, though?

If you don't have any ideas in mind, just let me know, and I can create his personality by myself.

The total cost of your lore is 150,000t. Please send me 15,000t by 1-way CR as the starting fee. Thank you!
@Disillusionist This is Tramonto [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8178564] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/81786/8178564_350.png[/img] [/url] I don't have anything in mind for him yet other than him being Kithan's advisor and that he is flamboyant :) I'm sending the treasure your way right now!
@Disillusionist
This is Tramonto

8178564_350.png

I don't have anything in mind for him yet other than him being Kithan's advisor and that he is flamboyant :)

I'm sending the treasure your way right now!
Untitled-1.png

PWYW art-shop - Open!
Rowan's Gijinkas - Closed
@Disillusionist thank you so much! From the preview it looks great already, cant wait to see the rest! just sent the payment^^
@Disillusionist thank you so much! From the preview it looks great already, cant wait to see the rest! just sent the payment^^
59452140_om9.gif
Misty | She/her | FR +5 | Artist
aaTKvHc.png
I can get distracted and forget stuff easily, please pm or ping if I missed something!
About | Avatar | Art socials
qvvKrNY.png
@Rowan00 Hi! I've finished working on your order and am ready to receive full payment. Please send me [b]135,000t in a 1-way CR.[/b] Thank you! [quote=PREVIEW]It was unclear which group Otto and Siadina had belonged to. Not that it mattered, because both parties never returned. Marcius came back alone. Wild-eyed, disheveled and wounded, babbling of a night-black phantom that had attacked with terrifying viciousness. Night had arrived by then and, blinded by fear as much as by the darkness, the young trainees had fallen. Marcius, unable to save them, had been forced to flee for his life. It was a terrible blow to the clan. When the news came, Kithan collapsed, her legs buckling beneath her and her great head thudding against the soil. She wanted to do nothing but lie there. To close her eyes and pray that, if only she [i]hoped[/i] hard enough, she would open them again and see her children still wrestling together under the dappled shade.... [/quote]
@Rowan00 Hi! I've finished working on your order and am ready to receive full payment. Please send me 135,000t in a 1-way CR. Thank you!
PREVIEW wrote:
It was unclear which group Otto and Siadina had belonged to. Not that it mattered, because both parties never returned.

Marcius came back alone. Wild-eyed, disheveled and wounded, babbling of a night-black phantom that had attacked with terrifying viciousness. Night had arrived by then and, blinded by fear as much as by the darkness, the young trainees had fallen. Marcius, unable to save them, had been forced to flee for his life.

It was a terrible blow to the clan. When the news came, Kithan collapsed, her legs buckling beneath her and her great head thudding against the soil. She wanted to do nothing but lie there. To close her eyes and pray that, if only she hoped hard enough, she would open them again and see her children still wrestling together under the dappled shade....
@Saeliras Ready to start working on your lore. Please send me 7g OR 6,750t. Thank you!
@Saeliras Ready to start working on your lore. Please send me 7g OR 6,750t. Thank you!
@Saeliras Thank you for waiting! I've finished your order, and the final payment is [b]60g + 500t[/b]. Thanks! [quote=PREVIEW]...many clans are eager to apprentice their youngsters to her. The young dragons, for their part, approach the apprenticeship with mixed feelings. Amara’s reputation—and it can be a terrifying one—precedes her. The Runecarver herself is also shrouded in mystery, for she rarely ventures from her home. And so when the youngster arrives at the workshop, they are more than a little scared. Often their first glimpse of Amara is of a dark Pearlcatcher, nearly invisible in the dimness, looming over another apprehensive apprentice. [/quote]
@Saeliras Thank you for waiting! I've finished your order, and the final payment is 60g + 500t. Thanks!

PREVIEW wrote:
...many clans are eager to apprentice their youngsters to her. The young dragons, for their part, approach the apprenticeship with mixed feelings. Amara’s reputation—and it can be a terrifying one—precedes her. The Runecarver herself is also shrouded in mystery, for she rarely ventures from her home.

And so when the youngster arrives at the workshop, they are more than a little scared. Often their first glimpse of Amara is of a dark Pearlcatcher, nearly invisible in the dimness, looming over another apprehensive apprentice.
[center][font=century gothic][size=6][b]Pre-Hiatus Announcement[/b][/size][/font] [size=1]@Equive @Subdued @altdd1112 / @HorrorFiend @Dathomir @After @Kano3Shuuya @oreomilkshake @Polyhymnia @Blightwyrm @awaicu @Nickeldragons @jellophish @Hideki @Wystaria @MasterMidnight @KallyPaige @Harana @Amehime @felistopaz @Catkinstarchild @ClearNoiz @EmpressSectonia @Tues @Gimeurcookie @Anda @Jeana @Quintillion @Kipuka @CrestaGamer @alyblaith @bunlux @CupcakeCass @QuetzalQueen @Myndris @MistyGold @Rowan00 @Saeliras[/size][/center] Hi, everyone! I'll be going on my usual holiday hiatus from [b]Nov. 15, 2019 - Jan. 15, 2020[/b]. The shop will be open two more times in November:[list] [*] [b]first opening in November:[/b] (Nov. 3) I will try to get through remaining customers on the [i]current[/i] queue. (Any new customers added to the queue after this post, please note that you will be pinged for your slots next year.) [*] The [b]second opening[/b] will be the last free-for-all of this year.[/list] There'll be 5 slots each for Lore and Other during the free-for-all. 1 slot per customer, please (e.g. if you get a slot for Lore, you won't be able to get a slot for Other). Orders will be removed from the queue as they are completed, and the other customers will be pinged for the next opened slot. If I complete your commission and remove it from the queue, please note that you will [i]not[/i] be pinged again when a slot reopens. Please don't submit a new order either -- I'd like to give the other customers a chance before closing the shop. This will continue until the hiatus begins on Nov. 15. Any new orders received during the hiatus period will not be accepted, though requests for edits to already-completed commissions will still be welcome. If I can't finish your order before Nov. 15, I will continue working on it through my hiatus, [i]but please understand that progress may be slower than usual.[/i] You can always request updates if you're concerned about how long it's taking. ----- [b]DISCOUNT UPDATE (2020):[/b] I considered raising prices to match that of other shops, but have decided to just reduce the discounts instead. New discounts are as follows:[list] [*] [i]5th Order discount:[/i] 15% off both for Lore and Other [*] [i]Affiliate discount:[/i] 15% off your first order, 10% off all orders after that [*] [i]Birthday discount:[/i] 15% off if it's your birthday. Also counts 1 week before or after, or if your birthday falls during the hiatus period or if you order in the weeks before or after fests (when the shop is normally closed).[/list] These changes will take effect when the shop reopens in 2020. [b]All other discounts are unchanged. Prices are also unchanged.[/b] ----- [b]QUEUE UPDATE!:[/b] All pinglisters will be notified sometime at the end of December, and again in January, so I can update the queue. Here's what will happen:[list=1] [*] You'll be pinged here, along with a link to a Google form. If you want to stay on the pinglist, please fill it out, or just post on the thread if you can't use the form. [*] If you respond and are already on the list, [i]your place in the queue will not change.[/i] If you want to be removed from the pinglist, you can either let me know on the thread or just ignore the form. [i]Players who ask to be removed or who don't respond at all will be removed from the queue.[/i] [*] If you fill out the form and aren't on the list yet (new customer), your name will be added to the end of the queue.[/list] If you're already on the pinglist and I don't receive any response from you, you'll get a reminder ping in January, before the shop reopens. Again, if you want to be removed, you can just ignore the form, or you can also ping me and ask to be taken off the list. ----- That should be all for now, but if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to ping or PM me. Thanks again for supporting me, and I'm looking forward to working with you guys in November and next year! [emoji=guardian laughing]

Hi, everyone! I'll be going on my usual holiday hiatus from Nov. 15, 2019 - Jan. 15, 2020. The shop will be open two more times in November:
  • first opening in November: (Nov. 3) I will try to get through remaining customers on the current queue. (Any new customers added to the queue after this post, please note that you will be pinged for your slots next year.)
  • The second opening will be the last free-for-all of this year.

There'll be 5 slots each for Lore and Other during the free-for-all. 1 slot per customer, please (e.g. if you get a slot for Lore, you won't be able to get a slot for Other).

Orders will be removed from the queue as they are completed, and the other customers will be pinged for the next opened slot. If I complete your commission and remove it from the queue, please note that you will not be pinged again when a slot reopens. Please don't submit a new order either -- I'd like to give the other customers a chance before closing the shop.

This will continue until the hiatus begins on Nov. 15. Any new orders received during the hiatus period will not be accepted, though requests for edits to already-completed commissions will still be welcome.

If I can't finish your order before Nov. 15, I will continue working on it through my hiatus, but please understand that progress may be slower than usual. You can always request updates if you're concerned about how long it's taking.

DISCOUNT UPDATE (2020): I considered raising prices to match that of other shops, but have decided to just reduce the discounts instead. New discounts are as follows:
  • 5th Order discount: 15% off both for Lore and Other
  • Affiliate discount: 15% off your first order, 10% off all orders after that
  • Birthday discount: 15% off if it's your birthday. Also counts 1 week before or after, or if your birthday falls during the hiatus period or if you order in the weeks before or after fests (when the shop is normally closed).
These changes will take effect when the shop reopens in 2020. All other discounts are unchanged. Prices are also unchanged.

QUEUE UPDATE!: All pinglisters will be notified sometime at the end of December, and again in January, so I can update the queue. Here's what will happen:
  1. You'll be pinged here, along with a link to a Google form. If you want to stay on the pinglist, please fill it out, or just post on the thread if you can't use the form.
  2. If you respond and are already on the list, your place in the queue will not change.
    If you want to be removed from the pinglist, you can either let me know on the thread or just ignore the form. Players who ask to be removed or who don't respond at all will be removed from the queue.
  3. If you fill out the form and aren't on the list yet (new customer), your name will be added to the end of the queue.
If you're already on the pinglist and I don't receive any response from you, you'll get a reminder ping in January, before the shop reopens. Again, if you want to be removed, you can just ignore the form, or you can also ping me and ask to be taken off the list.

That should be all for now, but if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to ping or PM me. Thanks again for supporting me, and I'm looking forward to working with you guys in November and next year!
@Myndris @TheOtherKirby @awaicu @Tues @Mithian @Hideki

Hi, guys! I've noticed that your shops have either been inactive or on hiatus for some months now, so your links have been removed. (You are of course free to remove my own banner from your threads as well. ^^)

This means you're no longer qualified for the affiliate discount. Once you've started taking orders again, and if you're still interested in being affiliates, you can let me know so I can reestablish the links and discount. Thank you!
@Myndris @TheOtherKirby @awaicu @Tues @Mithian @Hideki

Hi, guys! I've noticed that your shops have either been inactive or on hiatus for some months now, so your links have been removed. (You are of course free to remove my own banner from your threads as well. ^^)

This means you're no longer qualified for the affiliate discount. Once you've started taking orders again, and if you're still interested in being affiliates, you can let me know so I can reestablish the links and discount. Thank you!
1 2 ... 282 283 284 285 286 ... 656 657