Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | [B] ART | H: 14Mt Sprites Fams Fest +
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 27 28
@Kuroida

Nice, yeah we can start with just one at a time. I'm ok with everything!

So, with #1 (the rural village) do you mind sharing any general images of the setting you're picturing? Maybe at least two general google image pics, so I know where to begin haha

edit//

also meant to ask how you want the characters interacting with each other, like idling by, conversing, workin hard, being buds lol etc etc
@Kuroida

Nice, yeah we can start with just one at a time. I'm ok with everything!

So, with #1 (the rural village) do you mind sharing any general images of the setting you're picturing? Maybe at least two general google image pics, so I know where to begin haha

edit//

also meant to ask how you want the characters interacting with each other, like idling by, conversing, workin hard, being buds lol etc etc
tumblr_osxj37xvwh1vtgt9uo1_400.png
@ZephtheRemix Sent payment so I don't have to worry about it. I'll add you to my waitlist too.

@smallapple Great! Sorry in advance if I turn out to be horrible at explaining things tho :/

For the village picture I was thinking a shot of a small group of houses/farms surrounded by a row of mountains and some hills/terraces. The majority of the buildings will be at ground level with a small scattering of buildings on the lower half of the mountain itself. Where the buildings are, some electricity wires and telephone poles are set up and wires run off the image.

Most of the buildings are one or two stories, some larger barns but nothing larger than that. There's one temple/monastery near the peak of one of the mountains (or, I guess in your style just a different looking building, doesn't have to look actually look like a temple).

The mountains would be mostly trees at the top with parts from the middle to the bottom I guess "flattened" to terraces. Sort of like the mountains in the bg of this pic .

Composition wise, I was thinking having everyone up on a mountain looking down on the village with just their backs showing. Something like Kansuke and Mei resting by a tree with Kujo climbing up the trunk and Simon standing nearby with a bike/motor scooter?

Not entirely sure how well that would all work out in the end but just a suggestions. We can readjust things as we go if we need to. Let me know if you have any questions.

@ZephtheRemix Sent payment so I don't have to worry about it. I'll add you to my waitlist too.

@smallapple Great! Sorry in advance if I turn out to be horrible at explaining things tho :/

For the village picture I was thinking a shot of a small group of houses/farms surrounded by a row of mountains and some hills/terraces. The majority of the buildings will be at ground level with a small scattering of buildings on the lower half of the mountain itself. Where the buildings are, some electricity wires and telephone poles are set up and wires run off the image.

Most of the buildings are one or two stories, some larger barns but nothing larger than that. There's one temple/monastery near the peak of one of the mountains (or, I guess in your style just a different looking building, doesn't have to look actually look like a temple).

The mountains would be mostly trees at the top with parts from the middle to the bottom I guess "flattened" to terraces. Sort of like the mountains in the bg of this pic .

Composition wise, I was thinking having everyone up on a mountain looking down on the village with just their backs showing. Something like Kansuke and Mei resting by a tree with Kujo climbing up the trunk and Simon standing nearby with a bike/motor scooter?

Not entirely sure how well that would all work out in the end but just a suggestions. We can readjust things as we go if we need to. Let me know if you have any questions.

cCkZ0A5.pngH8PMPsK.gifcCkZ0A5.png

@Kuroida [img]http://s7.postimg.org/3ju8kdgmf/kujo_static.png[/img] Just an update, Kujo's eyes are really challenging with the lighter skintone. Let me know how you feel about the body in general so I can go on ahead with some more stuff. Edit: Iiiii do not know why FR is showing it blurry on the forum? Just right click and view image. http://s7.postimg.org/3ju8kdgmf/kujo_static.png
@Kuroida
kujo_static.png
Just an update, Kujo's eyes are really challenging with the lighter skintone. Let me know how you feel about the body in general so I can go on ahead with some more stuff.

Edit: Iiiii do not know why FR is showing it blurry on the forum? Just right click and view image.
http://s7.postimg.org/3ju8kdgmf/kujo_static.png
n1ngOA5.png

aeonox_signature_by_jenihudson-d8x54uk.png
@Aeonox Wow that was fast. I really love the detail you put into the clothes! Just I'm not really sure I can work with a 3/4 angle in RPG maker since I think he'd end up walking kind of crooked :S Ideally I was hoping for forward, left, right and back angle shots like these. Or maybe it can still work? I'm finding it hard to picture but let me know what you think.
@Aeonox Wow that was fast. I really love the detail you put into the clothes! Just I'm not really sure I can work with a 3/4 angle in RPG maker since I think he'd end up walking kind of crooked :S Ideally I was hoping for forward, left, right and back angle shots like these. Or maybe it can still work? I'm finding it hard to picture but let me know what you think.

@Kuroida
I can still do that! Hahaha I've gotten too much into RPGs like Radiant Historia. I can still do that, no worries. Feel free to keep it as you like.
@Kuroida
I can still do that! Hahaha I've gotten too much into RPGs like Radiant Historia. I can still do that, no worries. Feel free to keep it as you like.
n1ngOA5.png

aeonox_signature_by_jenihudson-d8x54uk.png
@Aeonox Googled Radiant Historia lol. Seems like it might be possible at this angle then. I'll leave it up to you if you want to redo it. If you do decide to redo it hope it's not too work and thank you either way.
@Aeonox Googled Radiant Historia lol. Seems like it might be possible at this angle then. I'll leave it up to you if you want to redo it. If you do decide to redo it hope it's not too work and thank you either way.

@Kuroida @Aeonax Just popping in to say there should be an 8dir movement script for VX Ace, so you could definitely use sprites like that ala rpgs like RH, Earthbound, etc, you'd just have to add the script. (Also Kuro RH is so good and the last 3 of the first row of my lair are fandragons of the party pfft. You should play it if you like RPGs o: ) Also Aeo that's a really nice 3/4 sprite owo So, progress, wanted to let you know I uh, started Kujo and then promptly forgot you wanted a more simple shading style on the skin/clothes. I got excited to do a portrait again I guess? :B I'mma finish shading him and then simplify the shading on his clothes and skin and finish the clothing set + expressions, and you can have the "fancy" version as giftart, haha. Here's what I got atm (didn't crop the workspace, sorry!), lemme know if I butchered any part of his design. [img]http://i.imgur.com/yh2m2j6.png[/img]
@Kuroida @Aeonax

Just popping in to say there should be an 8dir movement script for VX Ace, so you could definitely use sprites like that ala rpgs like RH, Earthbound, etc, you'd just have to add the script. (Also Kuro RH is so good and the last 3 of the first row of my lair are fandragons of the party pfft. You should play it if you like RPGs o: )

Also Aeo that's a really nice 3/4 sprite owo

So, progress, wanted to let you know I uh, started Kujo and then promptly forgot you wanted a more simple shading style on the skin/clothes. I got excited to do a portrait again I guess? :B I'mma finish shading him and then simplify the shading on his clothes and skin and finish the clothing set + expressions, and you can have the "fancy" version as giftart, haha.

Here's what I got atm (didn't crop the workspace, sorry!), lemme know if I butchered any part of his design.

yh2m2j6.png
@Infinipede Yeah I checked out the game and it's got pretty good reviews so I might pick it up if I can get it at a discount somewhere. I'll let Aeonox decide what to do with the sprite. I've never used anything outside the provided RPG Maker resources but I can probably search around for the script if I need to.

As for the icon it's looking great! The eyes look a bit angry though or is that just part of the expression? Honestly any style is fine so long as you're enjoying it. I'd rather you all do what you're comfortable doing instead of burning out halfway or something.
@Infinipede Yeah I checked out the game and it's got pretty good reviews so I might pick it up if I can get it at a discount somewhere. I'll let Aeonox decide what to do with the sprite. I've never used anything outside the provided RPG Maker resources but I can probably search around for the script if I need to.

As for the icon it's looking great! The eyes look a bit angry though or is that just part of the expression? Honestly any style is fine so long as you're enjoying it. I'd rather you all do what you're comfortable doing instead of burning out halfway or something.

@Kuroida

I was going for determined/cocky, it's just how it ended up while I was working, haha, so it's part of the expression. And I can always go back and mess with the shading later if I find the simplified style to be easier - it's less fun, sure, but it takes a whole lot less time overall. It'd be a pretty easy series of edits if you decide you like the simple style better so don't worry about putting me through extra work haha.
@Kuroida

I was going for determined/cocky, it's just how it ended up while I was working, haha, so it's part of the expression. And I can always go back and mess with the shading later if I find the simplified style to be easier - it's less fun, sure, but it takes a whole lot less time overall. It'd be a pretty easy series of edits if you decide you like the simple style better so don't worry about putting me through extra work haha.
@Infinipede Oh yeah I can see the cockiness haha. And whatever method works for you is good. Keep up the good work :)
@Infinipede Oh yeah I can see the cockiness haha. And whatever method works for you is good. Keep up the good work :)

1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 27 28