Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind - Vol. 1
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 38 39
This is awesome. You guys are always working so hard! Thank you.
This is awesome. You guys are always working so hard! Thank you.
tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gifpw4DoZq.giftumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif

3178.png9614.png17111.png26198.png38829.png44325.png
Shara's thread this way, in case anyone's curious. Has a side-by-side line-up of the official art for the various species, pretty neat work. c:

Now if you'll excuse me- *rolls back to basking in the attention*

On a sidenote, if anyone wants to code a thing that could automatically resize images to various measurements, I could maybe polish up the images for the bodies and wings. I don't know the second thing about programming though (I think I know the first thing), sooo I dunno.
Shara's thread this way, in case anyone's curious. Has a side-by-side line-up of the official art for the various species, pretty neat work. c:

Now if you'll excuse me- *rolls back to basking in the attention*

On a sidenote, if anyone wants to code a thing that could automatically resize images to various measurements, I could maybe polish up the images for the bodies and wings. I don't know the second thing about programming though (I think I know the first thing), sooo I dunno.
tumblr_mq3wxfm9qC1ryxr8mo1_500.png
I can agree with a number of things but as for the economy, its looking in bad shape right now.

And I'm wondering, will there be changes made to lair expansion? The amount of treasure to just get five slots is getting ridiculous.
I can agree with a number of things but as for the economy, its looking in bad shape right now.

And I'm wondering, will there be changes made to lair expansion? The amount of treasure to just get five slots is getting ridiculous.
mmaett.png
How, praytell, does it look to be in bad shape?
How, praytell, does it look to be in bad shape?
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
Just to echo the general sentiment around here, I'm glad that we're finally getting some much more comprehensive confirmation we've been heard. And I for one am really grateful that you guys bother to do so. Most sites are so much more impersonal with the userbase. Don't like something? Tough patooties. It's often not rewarding and very frustrating to have to deal with customers because there really IS just no pleasing everyone (which is easily enough evidenced just by looking at responses here). Thank you for your time, glad to hear you guys are working on many of these problems, and I'm really looking forward to the solutions to the exaltation and familiars in particular, and know that I for one continue to enjoy and support this site. :)
Just to echo the general sentiment around here, I'm glad that we're finally getting some much more comprehensive confirmation we've been heard. And I for one am really grateful that you guys bother to do so. Most sites are so much more impersonal with the userbase. Don't like something? Tough patooties. It's often not rewarding and very frustrating to have to deal with customers because there really IS just no pleasing everyone (which is easily enough evidenced just by looking at responses here). Thank you for your time, glad to hear you guys are working on many of these problems, and I'm really looking forward to the solutions to the exaltation and familiars in particular, and know that I for one continue to enjoy and support this site. :)
Athena_456623_ID_Signature.png
Thanks so much for all this info, it really helps to understand what's going on (especially with the familiars, I recently had to try 14 times to get one of them to bond :P).
Thanks so much for all this info, it really helps to understand what's going on (especially with the familiars, I recently had to try 14 times to get one of them to bond :P).
I'm 8 hours ahead of FR time, so sorry if I don't respond immediately to pings/messages ^^'[/center]
Thank you for the update! I think this is a great method, and it's really cute the way it's presented. (maybe each semi regular update features a different flight each time? Word from the wind, current news from the oceans...)
Thank you for the update! I think this is a great method, and it's really cute the way it's presented. (maybe each semi regular update features a different flight each time? Word from the wind, current news from the oceans...)
ZC2TB9H.png93Yl0PJ.pngvWYjbLO.png
@xhaztol I don't expect much of a response, but did you guys see the HUGE typo in the Bestiary? you had one familiar's info in another's spot...
@xhaztol I don't expect much of a response, but did you guys see the HUGE typo in the Bestiary? you had one familiar's info in another's spot...
Solar Blades I BUY SOLAR BLADES!
FR 0+ Hours (exact with site/server time)
Pardon the typos! I'm on mobile ALOT.
(Probably why a lot of my forum posts are edited.)
kIkbHva.png
Thank you for taking the time to respond to the community. It's good to know we're being heard and you're taking our concerns seriously. This is really just super awesome of you. I saw complaints for "more communication," but never expected this kind of a reach out from the admins. This is amazing. I'm really thrilled with this newsletter.

Is there anything in the works for lair space costs/the 99 dragon hard cap? The hard cap concerns me the most; I can easily see me wanting to hoard up more than 99 dragons in the future - though I understand wanting to keep the dragon population capped because servers.

Still, this is a huge concern of mine and would be nice to know if there's a possibility of changes being made, or if the cap is set in stone forever and ever. ^^;;

Again, thank you for this letter. thankyouthankyouthankyou.
Thank you for taking the time to respond to the community. It's good to know we're being heard and you're taking our concerns seriously. This is really just super awesome of you. I saw complaints for "more communication," but never expected this kind of a reach out from the admins. This is amazing. I'm really thrilled with this newsletter.

Is there anything in the works for lair space costs/the 99 dragon hard cap? The hard cap concerns me the most; I can easily see me wanting to hoard up more than 99 dragons in the future - though I understand wanting to keep the dragon population capped because servers.

Still, this is a huge concern of mine and would be nice to know if there's a possibility of changes being made, or if the cap is set in stone forever and ever. ^^;;

Again, thank you for this letter. thankyouthankyouthankyou.
oEhX17b.gif

>> INFP/HSP
>> she/her
>> FR +2
..... 30KAjWv.gif2tjWIkO.gif
[quote name="TygerDarkstorm" date="2013-10-07 22:05:20"][quote name="Draylin" date="2013-10-07 21:36:02"][quote]i'd like to see another way to generate treasure on the site, to be honest. if we're not meant to make "lucrative" income breeding dragons, and the fairgrounds put out chump change (at best), where exactly are we supposed to be making treasure?[/quote] This is my biggest concern. The site itself assigned a rarity to dragons. Why have different rarities if you want all dragons to be worth the same? As many have suggested, it makes perfect sense to have a base exalt price for dragons appropriate to their rarity. Should I be able to buy two dragons then immediately breed them and sell the 1st batch of hatchlings for more than I spent for their parents? No. But at some point, I [i]should[/i] be making a profit. For example, I spent 1.2 million for my imperial and her mate. I knew their first clutch would be at a loss, and perhaps even the second one. But I knew if I was patient, by the third clutch I would be making a profit, even if it took 3+ months. However, that's changing. With no base price to stop deflation and no drop in the site-controlled marketplace prices, breeding dragons will never be profitable. It will always be at a loss. It makes it reaaal hard to justify spending 400,000t on a Wildclaw scroll when I know that by the time the next breeding round comes by, there will be no way for me to recoup the amount I paid. Even if I level every one of their hatchlings to 5 and exalt them for 8k, it would take [i]fifty[/i] offspring to break even. I know you might be worried about inflation if dragons have a higher base price, but you have a ton of great money sinks in place to counteract that. With tiered exalting, the economy will improve greatly. Especially when you introduce new dragons and genes to the marketplace. Pretty dragons will be happily homed and fed, and those that aren't granted good looks can still help their clan by serving the gods. I adore my dragons, and I come here to breed them, and maybe hit the arena for a bit. I do [i]not[/i] come here to play flash games for two hours a day. The site needs to support the different playstyles, as when everyone has a place in Flight Rising, we can all be happy and focus on those beautiful dragons. :) PS: Thank you very much for the update. Whether I like what is said or not, it's [i]wonderful[/i] to hear [i]something[/i].[/quote] Gods this! I'm sorry but I find it very hard to believe that the staff see *nothing* wrong with the dragon economy. I get that dragon prices weren't meant to stay at 20k for starters, but come on. Common breeds should *not* be selling for 3-4k each! With prices this low there is almost 0 reason to buy breed scrolls and even gene scrolls because it will take forever to earn your treasure/time back when you can barely get 3k per dragon. The skydancer market has plummeted as has the imperial market. If dragons are not meant to be a lucrative source of income (which seems ridiculous in a game that's based around breeding) then why is the cap in the fairegrounds so low? 75k is nothing and, quite frankly, I shouldn't have to spend hours of my day (that some people may not have) playing games that are either broken, extremely tedious, or cause physical pain just to try and keep enough treasure to get lair goals accomplished. Sitting for hours in front of the coliseum in the hopes of getting good drops that will sell is also incredibly tedious especially when casters in the coli drive it down to a snail's pace (when it loads at all). As the person I quoted said, What is the point of having dragon rarity levels when, soon, all dragons are going to be barely going for above exaltation price and people will be making a pittance of what they spent on their breeders? If base prices for dragons aren't established at a more fair rate, or at least a base exaltation set for each breed, or exaltation overhauled in some way that makes it attractive beyond Flight Dominance (which not everyone really cares about, especially with it not being worth buying gene and breed scrolls), then I foresee a decent sized chunk of users becoming extremely discouraged with the game and abandoning it.[/quote] first off im glad that you guys finally desided to tell us something.. but it ticks me off that we are not supposed to use this site for breeding.. ALL the ppl i know ONLY comes here to breed dragons.. You as game developpers also depents on us buying gems.. and what are those gems used for?? DRAGONS... why should the majority of ppl choose to spend their rl money on dragons if this site is not intended to be about dragons.. im saddened and disapointed tbh....
TygerDarkstorm wrote on 2013-10-07 22:05:20:
Draylin wrote on 2013-10-07 21:36:02:
Quote:
i'd like to see another way to generate treasure on the site, to be honest. if we're not meant to make "lucrative" income breeding dragons, and the fairgrounds put out chump change (at best), where exactly are we supposed to be making treasure?

This is my biggest concern. The site itself assigned a rarity to dragons. Why have different rarities if you want all dragons to be worth the same? As many have suggested, it makes perfect sense to have a base exalt price for dragons appropriate to their rarity. Should I be able to buy two dragons then immediately breed them and sell the 1st batch of hatchlings for more than I spent for their parents? No. But at some point, I should be making a profit.

For example, I spent 1.2 million for my imperial and her mate. I knew their first clutch would be at a loss, and perhaps even the second one. But I knew if I was patient, by the third clutch I would be making a profit, even if it took 3+ months.

However, that's changing. With no base price to stop deflation and no drop in the site-controlled marketplace prices, breeding dragons will never be profitable. It will always be at a loss.

It makes it reaaal hard to justify spending 400,000t on a Wildclaw scroll when I know that by the time the next breeding round comes by, there will be no way for me to recoup the amount I paid. Even if I level every one of their hatchlings to 5 and exalt them for 8k, it would take fifty offspring to break even.

I know you might be worried about inflation if dragons have a higher base price, but you have a ton of great money sinks in place to counteract that. With tiered exalting, the economy will improve greatly. Especially when you introduce new dragons and genes to the marketplace. Pretty dragons will be happily homed and fed, and those that aren't granted good looks can still help their clan by serving the gods.

I adore my dragons, and I come here to breed them, and maybe hit the arena for a bit. I do not come here to play flash games for two hours a day. The site needs to support the different playstyles, as when everyone has a place in Flight Rising, we can all be happy and focus on those beautiful dragons. :)

PS: Thank you very much for the update. Whether I like what is said or not, it's wonderful to hear something.
Gods this! I'm sorry but I find it very hard to believe that the staff see *nothing* wrong with the dragon economy. I get that dragon prices weren't meant to stay at 20k for starters, but come on. Common breeds should *not* be selling for 3-4k each! With prices this low there is almost 0 reason to buy breed scrolls and even gene scrolls because it will take forever to earn your treasure/time back when you can barely get 3k per dragon. The skydancer market has plummeted as has the imperial market.

If dragons are not meant to be a lucrative source of income (which seems ridiculous in a game that's based around breeding) then why is the cap in the fairegrounds so low? 75k is nothing and, quite frankly, I shouldn't have to spend hours of my day (that some people may not have) playing games that are either broken, extremely tedious, or cause physical pain just to try and keep enough treasure to get lair goals accomplished. Sitting for hours in front of the coliseum in the hopes of getting good drops that will sell is also incredibly tedious especially when casters in the coli drive it down to a snail's pace (when it loads at all).

As the person I quoted said, What is the point of having dragon rarity levels when, soon, all dragons are going to be barely going for above exaltation price and people will be making a pittance of what they spent on their breeders? If base prices for dragons aren't established at a more fair rate, or at least a base exaltation set for each breed, or exaltation overhauled in some way that makes it attractive beyond Flight Dominance (which not everyone really cares about, especially with it not being worth buying gene and breed scrolls), then I foresee a decent sized chunk of users becoming extremely discouraged with the game and abandoning it.

first off im glad that you guys finally desided to tell us something..

but it ticks me off that we are not supposed to use this site for breeding.. ALL the ppl i know ONLY comes here to breed dragons..

You as game developpers also depents on us buying gems.. and what are those gems used for?? DRAGONS...

why should the majority of ppl choose to spend their rl money on dragons if this site is not intended to be about dragons..

im saddened and disapointed tbh....
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 38 39