Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind - Vol. 1
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 38 39
[quote]And I'm wondering, will there be changes made to lair expansion? The amount of treasure to just get five slots is getting ridiculous.[/quote] I agree with this. I love this site so far as it is, and am incredibly in support of the admins and all their hard work but it takes me a week to get 100k. I'm up to a 400k lair expansion, which will [i]never [/i]happen, and the fact that I can't have more dragons without getting rid of some is rapidly reducing my enjoyment of the site. I really, really hope that the cost of lair expansions can be considerably lowered, especially if the prices of dragons are going to be considerably lowered. How can people enjoy the relative ease of getting beautiful dragons if they have nowhere to put them or So I hope a change in lair space cost (no cost is a bit unfair, but anything over 100k is too much) is something on the horizon. You folk have been great about changing stuff in response to user outcry before, especially the egg rot mechanism, so I certainly hope that a major change to the cost of expansion will be something listened to! (Though I'm also aware most of the talk of users desiring it tends to be over on tumblr; I rarely see mention of it on site.) Overall, though? Thank you for all that you do. ♥
Quote:
And I'm wondering, will there be changes made to lair expansion? The amount of treasure to just get five slots is getting ridiculous.

I agree with this. I love this site so far as it is, and am incredibly in support of the admins and all their hard work but it takes me a week to get 100k. I'm up to a 400k lair expansion, which will never happen, and the fact that I can't have more dragons without getting rid of some is rapidly reducing my enjoyment of the site. I really, really hope that the cost of lair expansions can be considerably lowered, especially if the prices of dragons are going to be considerably lowered. How can people enjoy the relative ease of getting beautiful dragons if they have nowhere to put them or

So I hope a change in lair space cost (no cost is a bit unfair, but anything over 100k is too much) is something on the horizon. You folk have been great about changing stuff in response to user outcry before, especially the egg rot mechanism, so I certainly hope that a major change to the cost of expansion will be something listened to! (Though I'm also aware most of the talk of users desiring it tends to be over on tumblr; I rarely see mention of it on site.)

Overall, though? Thank you for all that you do. ♥
tumblr_o2jxfkPqdI1v576mmo3_500.png
This is a fantastic idea! So glad you posted, as I have been wondering when you will open registration again (and hopefully permanently!).
This is a fantastic idea! So glad you posted, as I have been wondering when you will open registration again (and hopefully permanently!).
zcsMnwG.jpg WxLmrPc.jpg
I'm FR +18 & apologise for delayed replies, I may be sleeping!
[quote name="Xhaztol" date="2013-10-07 20:37:12"] [b]Those bestiaries look really nice! Will you be making them available for sale later on?[/b] [indent]Unfortunately, the [i]Flight Rising[/i] team is spread out all across the continent, so we do not have a central location, and are not equipped to maintain a store that ships physical items. Organizing large print-runs and maintaining a stock of books year-round is not something that we are prepared to handle; however, if there is enough interest we could look into a third-party print-on-demand option for this and future bestiaries that prints and ships the books directly to you as needed. We are overwhelmed by the positive feedback, and thank you for your interest![/indent] [/quote] I would like to officially register my interest in getting a bestiary, even if it is via a print-on-demand service.
Xhaztol wrote on 2013-10-07 20:37:12:

Those bestiaries look really nice! Will you be making them available for sale later on?
Unfortunately, the Flight Rising team is spread out all across the continent, so we do not have a central location, and are not equipped to maintain a store that ships physical items. Organizing large print-runs and maintaining a stock of books year-round is not something that we are prepared to handle; however, if there is enough interest we could look into a third-party print-on-demand option for this and future bestiaries that prints and ships the books directly to you as needed. We are overwhelmed by the positive feedback, and thank you for your interest!

I would like to officially register my interest in getting a bestiary, even if it is via a print-on-demand service.
tysharina_quicksilverchild_fr_by_tysharina-d8tcy3k.png
This is amazing! Great job! :D
This is amazing! Great job! :D
This is a really good step in the right direction of improving admin-playerbase communication, well done guys. I still think you need to focus more on the economy issue rather than just acknowledging it, but hey, I'm willing to give you some more time for this.

Great idea with the newsletter, nonetheless! And the community spotlight is a really lovely idea too.
This is a really good step in the right direction of improving admin-playerbase communication, well done guys. I still think you need to focus more on the economy issue rather than just acknowledging it, but hey, I'm willing to give you some more time for this.

Great idea with the newsletter, nonetheless! And the community spotlight is a really lovely idea too.
Skin Shop!
Skydancer chibis!

Please ping me when replying to one of my posts.
I very much like this ''newsletter'. It's very nice to be kept up to date 8D
I very much like this ''newsletter'. It's very nice to be kept up to date 8D
DDbanner_zps4cfb08c8.png
Reactions
1) I have never ever been to a site where the Admins have personally addressed player issues: I did not expect this and the effort is actually amazing.
2) Kinda worried about the amount of time and effort it would have taken to write that up. Time spent addressing concerns and writing essay length responses is time which is not spent fixing bugs, etc which is a reason why I was against a suggestion for one in the first place.
3) We will see if this causes drama and I would be very disappointed if it causes drama. If it does cause drama it would be saddening as they have directly addressed an issue that people have raised. But if it does not cause drama I would be very pleasantly surprised.
Reactions
1) I have never ever been to a site where the Admins have personally addressed player issues: I did not expect this and the effort is actually amazing.
2) Kinda worried about the amount of time and effort it would have taken to write that up. Time spent addressing concerns and writing essay length responses is time which is not spent fixing bugs, etc which is a reason why I was against a suggestion for one in the first place.
3) We will see if this causes drama and I would be very disappointed if it causes drama. If it does cause drama it would be saddening as they have directly addressed an issue that people have raised. But if it does not cause drama I would be very pleasantly surprised.
Participating in Trick or Treat
tumblr_n03fz4yBaK1rni37eo1_500.gif
I'd like to breed some perfect dragons but I have problems affording lair space to keep them and the offspring. And the "rejects" won't sell, even though they are pretty. Seems very sad to exalt them all.
My biggest sense of accomplishment would be adding genes to complete the perfect colored dragons I've found, but the insane cost of the scrolls won't let me. If I could afford to buy the gems for them I would in a heartbeat, but I just can't right now. :( I grind as much as I can but 350k + for an Iridescent scroll is heartbreaking.
Sorry to whine but I'm very discouraged at the moment. It is nice to have updates though so thanks for that.
I'd like to breed some perfect dragons but I have problems affording lair space to keep them and the offspring. And the "rejects" won't sell, even though they are pretty. Seems very sad to exalt them all.
My biggest sense of accomplishment would be adding genes to complete the perfect colored dragons I've found, but the insane cost of the scrolls won't let me. If I could afford to buy the gems for them I would in a heartbeat, but I just can't right now. :( I grind as much as I can but 350k + for an Iridescent scroll is heartbreaking.
Sorry to whine but I'm very discouraged at the moment. It is nice to have updates though so thanks for that.
sTDNoaF.gif

In a pinch, snakes can be used as very angry whips.
Thank you guys for communicating with us. That's awesome. It shows a great deal of effort on the dev.'s parts.
Also, I'm excited to hear about new breeds and new genes! oh man!
Thank you guys for communicating with us. That's awesome. It shows a great deal of effort on the dev.'s parts.
Also, I'm excited to hear about new breeds and new genes! oh man!
USERbanner.png
[quote name="Sigrun" date="2013-10-08 00:44:31"][quote]And I'm wondering, will there be changes made to lair expansion? The amount of treasure to just get five slots is getting ridiculous.[/quote] I agree with this. I love this site so far as it is, and am incredibly in support of the admins and all their hard work but it takes me a week to get 100k. I'm up to a 400k lair expansion, which will [i]never [/i]happen, and the fact that I can't have more dragons without getting rid of some is rapidly reducing my enjoyment of the site. I really, really hope that the cost of lair expansions can be considerably lowered, especially if the prices of dragons are going to be considerably lowered. How can people enjoy the relative ease of getting beautiful dragons if they have nowhere to put them or So I hope a change in lair space cost (no cost is a bit unfair, but anything over 100k is too much) is something on the horizon. You folk have been great about changing stuff in response to user outcry before, especially the egg rot mechanism, so I certainly hope that a major change to the cost of expansion will be something listened to! (Though I'm also aware most of the talk of users desiring it tends to be over on tumblr; I rarely see mention of it on site.) Overall, though? Thank you for all that you do. ♥[/quote] If they are going to change Lair space it would upset lots of people who DIDN'T complain about the cost and who PAID millions for it. Seeing how some butthurted guys just slip off with cheaper lair space is going to make those people angry for not doing it earlier, plus it's pretty unfair. To me 400k is NOTHING in this game if the games and Coliseum is working right, are people lazy or something to make this easy 400K in a simple day or 3? Yes it seems like it. A million is not much, if people can buy a damn Imperial for millions or Triple Obsidian for such a ridiculous price they can also buy Lair space, Shoo. But thank you for the long amazing post staff! Hope to see some changed into the economy later on. Not that i mind the cheap dragons ;p Got some dream dragons for 7K but that's not what i wanted actually. having all you dream dragons already and such.
Sigrun wrote on 2013-10-08 00:44:31:
Quote:
And I'm wondering, will there be changes made to lair expansion? The amount of treasure to just get five slots is getting ridiculous.

I agree with this. I love this site so far as it is, and am incredibly in support of the admins and all their hard work but it takes me a week to get 100k. I'm up to a 400k lair expansion, which will never happen, and the fact that I can't have more dragons without getting rid of some is rapidly reducing my enjoyment of the site. I really, really hope that the cost of lair expansions can be considerably lowered, especially if the prices of dragons are going to be considerably lowered. How can people enjoy the relative ease of getting beautiful dragons if they have nowhere to put them or

So I hope a change in lair space cost (no cost is a bit unfair, but anything over 100k is too much) is something on the horizon. You folk have been great about changing stuff in response to user outcry before, especially the egg rot mechanism, so I certainly hope that a major change to the cost of expansion will be something listened to! (Though I'm also aware most of the talk of users desiring it tends to be over on tumblr; I rarely see mention of it on site.)

Overall, though? Thank you for all that you do. ♥
If they are going to change Lair space it would upset lots of people who DIDN'T complain about the cost and who PAID millions for it. Seeing how some butthurted guys just slip off with cheaper lair space is going to make those people angry for not doing it earlier, plus it's pretty unfair. To me 400k is NOTHING in this game if the games and Coliseum is working right, are people lazy or something to make this easy 400K in a simple day or 3? Yes it seems like it. A million is not much, if people can buy a damn Imperial for millions or Triple Obsidian for such a ridiculous price they can also buy Lair space, Shoo.

But thank you for the long amazing post staff! Hope to see some changed into the economy later on. Not that i mind the cheap dragons ;p Got some dream dragons for 7K but that's not what i wanted actually. having all you dream dragons already and such.
MJWDKKI.png9PCVycs.png Pixel adopts
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 38 39