Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind - Vol. 1
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Just wondering, as far as game stability goes, why on earth do exalted dragons 1. have pages (I can sort of see this being useful for progeny lists) and 2. why do they show up in the search?

Would somehow keeping simple exalted pages and also removing exalted dragons from the search help any? I know the search function was disabled due to it being a server hog. Wouldn't removing exalted dragons from it help?
Just wondering, as far as game stability goes, why on earth do exalted dragons 1. have pages (I can sort of see this being useful for progeny lists) and 2. why do they show up in the search?

Would somehow keeping simple exalted pages and also removing exalted dragons from the search help any? I know the search function was disabled due to it being a server hog. Wouldn't removing exalted dragons from it help?
If exalting is being used to create a "floor" for people to exalt, then the amount of treasure it gives needs to go up. Double it. This way it's not painful to exalt and users will do it more often. Genes cost so much that it discourages people from buying them because exalting/selling their dragons at 5k each when you only get 1-3 average a clutch, breeding every 15days min takes forever to cover the costs of those genes at 150k+ treasure each. And breed changes? Whole nother ballgame! You are going to start bleeding users like crazy, especially new ones that just can't afford those nice genes. I used to see 3k-4k+ people online average. Now the counter hardly breaks 1.5k users online.

The game is becoming very frustrating. I stick around since I've been around almost from the start and I have almost all my "dream" dragons with only 1-2 left to get. If I were starting all over now, I'd quit from being overwhelmed of the cost of items versus treasure gained daily.
If exalting is being used to create a "floor" for people to exalt, then the amount of treasure it gives needs to go up. Double it. This way it's not painful to exalt and users will do it more often. Genes cost so much that it discourages people from buying them because exalting/selling their dragons at 5k each when you only get 1-3 average a clutch, breeding every 15days min takes forever to cover the costs of those genes at 150k+ treasure each. And breed changes? Whole nother ballgame! You are going to start bleeding users like crazy, especially new ones that just can't afford those nice genes. I used to see 3k-4k+ people online average. Now the counter hardly breaks 1.5k users online.

The game is becoming very frustrating. I stick around since I've been around almost from the start and I have almost all my "dream" dragons with only 1-2 left to get. If I were starting all over now, I'd quit from being overwhelmed of the cost of items versus treasure gained daily.
saintp_bnr_zps344f62e6.jpg
What about food? I mean, all I do now is gather food for my dragons, I literally can't skip one day or else I fall behind and someone goes hungry, I've even had to buy food from the AH. I really miss digging and scavenging. :(
I feel like leveling does nothing, especially when my hunting level is 15 and my dragons come back with one mouse. >___>
And what about the prices for expanding your lair? You'd have to spend all your time in the Fairgrounds trying to make up the insane price it takes to expand a lair 5 spots, and even then it's a long shot, the only way to make up that kind of money is to sell rare dragons, but the lower they go in price, the harder it is to expand. At this point the only people with the best dragons and complete lairs are the ones who started with Imps.
Just a few current problems I'm facing, but at least I can bond with my pets now~
What about food? I mean, all I do now is gather food for my dragons, I literally can't skip one day or else I fall behind and someone goes hungry, I've even had to buy food from the AH. I really miss digging and scavenging. :(
I feel like leveling does nothing, especially when my hunting level is 15 and my dragons come back with one mouse. >___>
And what about the prices for expanding your lair? You'd have to spend all your time in the Fairgrounds trying to make up the insane price it takes to expand a lair 5 spots, and even then it's a long shot, the only way to make up that kind of money is to sell rare dragons, but the lower they go in price, the harder it is to expand. At this point the only people with the best dragons and complete lairs are the ones who started with Imps.
Just a few current problems I'm facing, but at least I can bond with my pets now~
tsume_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsk1w.gif
I must say, even though many of us have the same grievances, it's heartwarming to see how much though everyone is pouring into the subject. :)
I certainly love this game, it is fun! Now no one likes grinding, but I adore my dragons, even if they're not the perfect colors, heck some of them are basic! Yet each is near and dear to me in it's own way, I grew to love them all. ^^
I must say, even though many of us have the same grievances, it's heartwarming to see how much though everyone is pouring into the subject. :)
I certainly love this game, it is fun! Now no one likes grinding, but I adore my dragons, even if they're not the perfect colors, heck some of them are basic! Yet each is near and dear to me in it's own way, I grew to love them all. ^^
tsume_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsk1w.gif
I have to say this: WE PLAYERS HAVE MADE A WHOLE NEW GAME!! read bellow for explanation ^.^

Maybe at the beginning this game was supposed to be a pet RPG with breeding elements but:

1) The scroll prices are so high so players had to find a way how to make treasure: grinding coli and fair games is reeeeeally slow but what do we all have enough of was: dragons and everyone wants them so yay sell them. Which leads me to n2

2) Via selling dragons this game has stopped being pet RPG but breeding sim "business" game, really. As players started to want all the genes and species the best way how to do it was buy all scrolls as fast as possible and sell their hatchlings. And how can you sell your hatchlings the best?? Only when you get more and more "famous" (in this game it´s meant you have a great dragons everyone are awere of). ANd as there started to be more and more players tehre also started to be mor ena more dragons - which is the problem now: Too much dragons and too less players. However we overcome the null zone when the reopening registrations will save us (tehy will have not enough treasure for our dragons and we won t buy theirs as well, maybe some 2nd gens but mostly not...). That´s why I thing the exalt rewards should rise enough to make us exalt our dragons instead of selling them as cheap as possible but not soo high that we will only exalt(unless you want to make this again "only" to pet RPG - I like to sell and buy because it´s something I alone achieved :)) (the dominance battles would be also more interesting :D) as Die mentioned somewhere about 20% of breed scroll price is really good (maybe you will lower it again but now it will be really miracle for all of us!!). Like that the numbers of dragons will extremly dcrease so they will again be in some bearable ammounts. I mean: you will try to sell your dragon for eg a week and you can´t sell him you won´t hesitate to exalt him if you have guaranteed somehow good price in return(exalted treasure wil still be much less that wanted price in AH) so there won´t be x thousand pages in AH full of dragons but just a 1/3 +- which is GREAT!! :) (just my thinking)

So basically what happened: We palyers reworked this game into a breeding "business" game. If admins didn´t wated this to happen they should had had same some rules but as they gave us free will we absolutely reworked the whole game. (I don´t want to be harsh or impolite just as I see it. I love you admins don´t ban me!! :D) - Admins now just have to change their whole opinion of their game and look at is as on a new game we players made - the business one, because if they won´t the problems will just grow bigger and this great game will be just boring because what all we want now is to buy scrolls for all new dragons we buy/breed/find and experiment with colors and make beautiful dragons. However with this falling economy it´s getting impossible really fast so as a lot of people mentioned that they will leave for now to wait how the economy will be they will instead leave for eternity because they will not have the founds for fullfilling their dreams :)

One more time I didn´t want to be rude but it really is how we made your game as you didn´t put any rules (rules like site will allow this but won´allow that) and you really HAVE TO do something about it(many times mention exalt everywhere system will be just great enough) or else this game will be lost untill you reopen registrations to recruit whole new players with a little bit of survivors of us... I´m just honest...

Great work FR admins and artists ^.^
I have to say this: WE PLAYERS HAVE MADE A WHOLE NEW GAME!! read bellow for explanation ^.^

Maybe at the beginning this game was supposed to be a pet RPG with breeding elements but:

1) The scroll prices are so high so players had to find a way how to make treasure: grinding coli and fair games is reeeeeally slow but what do we all have enough of was: dragons and everyone wants them so yay sell them. Which leads me to n2

2) Via selling dragons this game has stopped being pet RPG but breeding sim "business" game, really. As players started to want all the genes and species the best way how to do it was buy all scrolls as fast as possible and sell their hatchlings. And how can you sell your hatchlings the best?? Only when you get more and more "famous" (in this game it´s meant you have a great dragons everyone are awere of). ANd as there started to be more and more players tehre also started to be mor ena more dragons - which is the problem now: Too much dragons and too less players. However we overcome the null zone when the reopening registrations will save us (tehy will have not enough treasure for our dragons and we won t buy theirs as well, maybe some 2nd gens but mostly not...). That´s why I thing the exalt rewards should rise enough to make us exalt our dragons instead of selling them as cheap as possible but not soo high that we will only exalt(unless you want to make this again "only" to pet RPG - I like to sell and buy because it´s something I alone achieved :)) (the dominance battles would be also more interesting :D) as Die mentioned somewhere about 20% of breed scroll price is really good (maybe you will lower it again but now it will be really miracle for all of us!!). Like that the numbers of dragons will extremly dcrease so they will again be in some bearable ammounts. I mean: you will try to sell your dragon for eg a week and you can´t sell him you won´t hesitate to exalt him if you have guaranteed somehow good price in return(exalted treasure wil still be much less that wanted price in AH) so there won´t be x thousand pages in AH full of dragons but just a 1/3 +- which is GREAT!! :) (just my thinking)

So basically what happened: We palyers reworked this game into a breeding "business" game. If admins didn´t wated this to happen they should had had same some rules but as they gave us free will we absolutely reworked the whole game. (I don´t want to be harsh or impolite just as I see it. I love you admins don´t ban me!! :D) - Admins now just have to change their whole opinion of their game and look at is as on a new game we players made - the business one, because if they won´t the problems will just grow bigger and this great game will be just boring because what all we want now is to buy scrolls for all new dragons we buy/breed/find and experiment with colors and make beautiful dragons. However with this falling economy it´s getting impossible really fast so as a lot of people mentioned that they will leave for now to wait how the economy will be they will instead leave for eternity because they will not have the founds for fullfilling their dreams :)

One more time I didn´t want to be rude but it really is how we made your game as you didn´t put any rules (rules like site will allow this but won´allow that) and you really HAVE TO do something about it(many times mention exalt everywhere system will be just great enough) or else this game will be lost untill you reopen registrations to recruit whole new players with a little bit of survivors of us... I´m just honest...

Great work FR admins and artists ^.^
Shadow_zps206beb20.jpg
I am 9 hours ahead of FR time
I agree with @CaptainEngstrom or at least provide an *option* to exclude exalted dragons from the search. The problem will only get worse with time as more and more dragons are exalted. It's annoying to run a search and find 3/4 of the results are exalted dragons. :/
I agree with @CaptainEngstrom or at least provide an *option* to exclude exalted dragons from the search. The problem will only get worse with time as more and more dragons are exalted. It's annoying to run a search and find 3/4 of the results are exalted dragons. :/
@Xhaztol @Undel

One thing that would really help with the unaffordability of genes and breed scrolls would be to make them a rare chest/coli/scavenging drop.

It seems unfair that literally everything else Crim asks for can be dropped in the game, but these are not.

It would even the playing field a little bit between players with time and players with real-world money, for fairness' sake.
@Xhaztol @Undel

One thing that would really help with the unaffordability of genes and breed scrolls would be to make them a rare chest/coli/scavenging drop.

It seems unfair that literally everything else Crim asks for can be dropped in the game, but these are not.

It would even the playing field a little bit between players with time and players with real-world money, for fairness' sake.
@Amberite what about those players who get seizures from playing the colisiium.. they are forced to buy it from those players who can play the colisium

i dont like the rare drop thingie at at all..

i wish scrools were cheaper to reflect the market or raize the dragon exhalt prices.. one of the other
@Amberite what about those players who get seizures from playing the colisiium.. they are forced to buy it from those players who can play the colisium

i dont like the rare drop thingie at at all..

i wish scrools were cheaper to reflect the market or raize the dragon exhalt prices.. one of the other
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
@taarnfalk to my knowledge no one on this site cannot use gathering?

Anyway, right now everyone is forced to buy them from the marketplace, I am merely suggesting that there should be other avenues of availability in addition. Right now players who cannot use coli presumably also have to buy familiars and such from the marketplace or AH too.
@taarnfalk to my knowledge no one on this site cannot use gathering?

Anyway, right now everyone is forced to buy them from the marketplace, I am merely suggesting that there should be other avenues of availability in addition. Right now players who cannot use coli presumably also have to buy familiars and such from the marketplace or AH too.
I have a question about the coliseum. I like to collect things (I keep a few of every item in case I might have plans for it later) and the issue with accessing the Abilities page in the Coliseum is very, very frustrating. It is true that you can only have 42 (or less) battle items or else the Abilities and Stats page won't load. Is anything being done about this? I think it's a very valid point to fix the things that are here before adding new ones. I read through a good portion of this thread, but I don't know if somehow this was answered in one of the pages I didn't read. Thanks for having this forum up though, it's great to be able to talk with you guys.
I have a question about the coliseum. I like to collect things (I keep a few of every item in case I might have plans for it later) and the issue with accessing the Abilities page in the Coliseum is very, very frustrating. It is true that you can only have 42 (or less) battle items or else the Abilities and Stats page won't load. Is anything being done about this? I think it's a very valid point to fix the things that are here before adding new ones. I read through a good portion of this thread, but I don't know if somehow this was answered in one of the pages I didn't read. Thanks for having this forum up though, it's great to be able to talk with you guys.
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39