Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne 2022
1 2 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67
Appreciating all the hard work Higgins is going trough this time of the year, so i made him a little fandragon [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82842796][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/828428/82842796_350.png[/img][/url] (Thought i'd share :D )
Appreciating all the hard work Higgins is going trough this time of the year, so i made him a little fandragon

82842796_350.png

(Thought i'd share :D )
Me Fandragons
Unironically starting to get burnt out. I farm waterway for 30 minutes to nearly an hour. I only get roughly 3 to 5 chests per effort. None of my 100+ chest have generated more than 1 egg outside of so far, 5-6 only. This is not fun, and I'm probably giving up.

Can't really use gift cards to supply my gems unless I get it made to act like a real credit card, or put it into a PayPal account but as far as I'm aware, PayPal are evil so not doing that.

Notn was something I loved but it's all burned to ashes. It's not fun grinding hours upon hours just to get barely any chests, and the ectoplasmime is supposed to drop them rarely, compared to the scorched forest and kelp bed mimics.

This will be my last post here, if people wanna say people who cannot afford gems the way the game wants you to are whiners, block me.
Unironically starting to get burnt out. I farm waterway for 30 minutes to nearly an hour. I only get roughly 3 to 5 chests per effort. None of my 100+ chest have generated more than 1 egg outside of so far, 5-6 only. This is not fun, and I'm probably giving up.

Can't really use gift cards to supply my gems unless I get it made to act like a real credit card, or put it into a PayPal account but as far as I'm aware, PayPal are evil so not doing that.

Notn was something I loved but it's all burned to ashes. It's not fun grinding hours upon hours just to get barely any chests, and the ectoplasmime is supposed to drop them rarely, compared to the scorched forest and kelp bed mimics.

This will be my last post here, if people wanna say people who cannot afford gems the way the game wants you to are whiners, block me.
For participation in Thursday oof water raffle
VzoJada.png
@Seriphynna
Heya! Really sorry about your luck so far this year, bad rng is the worst. Based off your wording, it sounds like you're focusing your grinding on the chest mimics. I just wanna let you know that every single NOTN familiar are mimics, and they all have an equal (but still very low) chance to drop a chest just like the ectoplasmime.

So if you're grinding in Waterway, the mimics would be Ectoplasmime, Ghosthost Viola, Manticore's Might, Sorcerous Arms, and Undertide Fidget Toy. I hope this helps some! (For two years I fought exclusively the Snarling Mimic in Scorched woods, thinking only the chest shaped enemy was a mimic, until friends told me otherwise)
@Seriphynna
Heya! Really sorry about your luck so far this year, bad rng is the worst. Based off your wording, it sounds like you're focusing your grinding on the chest mimics. I just wanna let you know that every single NOTN familiar are mimics, and they all have an equal (but still very low) chance to drop a chest just like the ectoplasmime.

So if you're grinding in Waterway, the mimics would be Ectoplasmime, Ghosthost Viola, Manticore's Might, Sorcerous Arms, and Undertide Fidget Toy. I hope this helps some! (For two years I fought exclusively the Snarling Mimic in Scorched woods, thinking only the chest shaped enemy was a mimic, until friends told me otherwise)
@GrandSerpentine

I am aware of that, don't worry. Personally, I'm not having fun grinding anymore. So I'm burning out for now. Thank you for trying to help though, it's appreciated.

I'll be back after the event ends most likely.
@GrandSerpentine

I am aware of that, don't worry. Personally, I'm not having fun grinding anymore. So I'm burning out for now. Thank you for trying to help though, it's appreciated.

I'll be back after the event ends most likely.
VzoJada.png
Only 4 eggs in 157 chests. It's clearly not fun
Me who was aiming for a total of 100 eggs for the end of the event, very clearly, it just becomes frustrating. I almost come to tell myself that it's a bug, it's so ironic
It's really not fun :/
Only 4 eggs in 157 chests. It's clearly not fun
Me who was aiming for a total of 100 eggs for the end of the event, very clearly, it just becomes frustrating. I almost come to tell myself that it's a bug, it's so ironic
It's really not fun :/
F8WMfQz.png Excuse my bad English but I'm French ^^' eGiN2Xv.png
My Wishlist / Pronouns : She / He
l5np.pnghnri.png q5v9.pngny85.pngdiqh.pngi07u.png
I found 35 eggs so far (rarely from the Coli as I do not got there often) and for the very first time even a double (XYX), so no complaints here. But I didn't find A SINGLE Nocturne scroll yet. From 2014 on I found 1-5 and only in 2017 I found none, so it is definately possible.

I still have enough to rely on, so I would survive not finding one, but I find it - as I did in 2017 - a bit weird not to find EVEN ONE ^^ I mean it's NotN, so not to find a scroll is hm ...
I found 35 eggs so far (rarely from the Coli as I do not got there often) and for the very first time even a double (XYX), so no complaints here. But I didn't find A SINGLE Nocturne scroll yet. From 2014 on I found 1-5 and only in 2017 I found none, so it is definately possible.

I still have enough to rely on, so I would survive not finding one, but I find it - as I did in 2017 - a bit weird not to find EVEN ONE ^^ I mean it's NotN, so not to find a scroll is hm ...
1SZnOCK.png9ZEx0Ta.pngHTV627h.gif
@Emylee scrolls are soo weird when it comes to drop. previous year I opened 500 and got NONE, this year I got to 400 chests and at that point had 4 scrolls? XD atm sitting at 570 opened chests and still those 4 scrolls ahaha
@Emylee scrolls are soo weird when it comes to drop. previous year I opened 500 and got NONE, this year I got to 400 chests and at that point had 4 scrolls? XD atm sitting at 570 opened chests and still those 4 scrolls ahaha
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
I am absolutely LOVING all the apparel!! I made my account back in 2018, but never participated in NOTN until this year. Started grinding for chests in the beginning and got lucky with how many I got, but now I’m barely getting any :( it’s okay though. Had to dress up one of my dragons of course- Mazikeen, one of my starting dragons <3 [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/41824193][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/418242/41824193_350.png[/img][/url]
I am absolutely LOVING all the apparel!! I made my account back in 2018, but never participated in NOTN until this year. Started grinding for chests in the beginning and got lucky with how many I got, but now I’m barely getting any :( it’s okay though.

Had to dress up one of my dragons of course- Mazikeen, one of my starting dragons <3
41824193_350.png
"Most of these items will show up at a lower rate than that of newer items above."

Reeaally. Because I've just opened 140 chests and obtained only 56 new items. That's lower than a 40% drop on average (and lower than 30% just comparing familiars).

Although I'm not complaining about eggs, I got 11 of those :3

Of course, now I'm thinking about it, each individual item might have a lower chance of dropping overall, but there are so many more of them, that still means you're more likely to get a previous item in a chest.

Anyway I managed to get at least one of everything except the candles so I'm pretty happy! And I didn't even have to grind in the coli. ^.^

For anyone interested in a statistical breakdown, I got:
23 new fams
57 previous fams
4 new genes
1 old gene
7 new scenes/vistas
7 old scenes/vistas
11 eggs
22 new necklaces

18 previous apparel
no candle cascades :(
"Most of these items will show up at a lower rate than that of newer items above."

Reeaally. Because I've just opened 140 chests and obtained only 56 new items. That's lower than a 40% drop on average (and lower than 30% just comparing familiars).

Although I'm not complaining about eggs, I got 11 of those :3

Of course, now I'm thinking about it, each individual item might have a lower chance of dropping overall, but there are so many more of them, that still means you're more likely to get a previous item in a chest.

Anyway I managed to get at least one of everything except the candles so I'm pretty happy! And I didn't even have to grind in the coli. ^.^

For anyone interested in a statistical breakdown, I got:
23 new fams
57 previous fams
4 new genes
1 old gene
7 new scenes/vistas
7 old scenes/vistas
11 eggs
22 new necklaces

18 previous apparel
no candle cascades :(
CTF4up6.png
I unironically think the lowered egg rates are gonna cause nocturne eggs to skyrocket in prices after the event. If I only sold 6 out of 7 eggs for the bare minimum of 150-200g each, I can't fathom the price range for out of season eggs...

Well, in any case, see you all next year.
I unironically think the lowered egg rates are gonna cause nocturne eggs to skyrocket in prices after the event. If I only sold 6 out of 7 eggs for the bare minimum of 150-200g each, I can't fathom the price range for out of season eggs...

Well, in any case, see you all next year.
VzoJada.png
1 2 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67