Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Achievements & Anniversary
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 41 42
Questin!! Yay!
Questin!! Yay!
kd1UoKC.png5iXiC8z.pngQQYyU47.pngPgv53XB.pngqhK4FYS.pngk7mTvIf.png
I hear achievements and I have been summoned.
I hear achievements and I have been summoned.
tumblr_obcrybYghZ1tfzajgo1_r1_500.gif
I'm looking forward to this, including the daily/weekly/monthly pursuits, as they have something for any player regardless of level of activity.

Only thing I'm worried about, as has been mentioned, is impossible tasks for the average player such as those involving retired items. I sincerely hope that retired items can be left out of the achievements, as I worry that could open the door for scams (people loaning their rare items and they get stolen, etc), prices spiking, or other frustrations, especially to newer players.
I'm looking forward to this, including the daily/weekly/monthly pursuits, as they have something for any player regardless of level of activity.

Only thing I'm worried about, as has been mentioned, is impossible tasks for the average player such as those involving retired items. I sincerely hope that retired items can be left out of the achievements, as I worry that could open the door for scams (people loaning their rare items and they get stolen, etc), prices spiking, or other frustrations, especially to newer players.
Image ID: Animated pixel art of the clan leader and custom progen, Purble. She is a female tundra, with the genes purple swirl, purple marbled, and maize underbelly. Her eyes are water common. She is seated on a grassy patch with one paw raised, blinking and flicking her tail on occasion. The wind rustles her fur, and the grass surrounding her. A signpost is beside her, with three arrows pointing different directions. The signs read Vin, She/Her, and FR +3. End ID.
[quote name="Booleano" date="2022-12-12 10:08:08" ] Will the Boolean Achievement make a return? [/quote] This category is one of the first things we discussed. We don't have any plans for achievements that only a small group of people can get, not even for zero points. @Booleano
Booleano wrote on 2022-12-12 10:08:08:
Will the Boolean Achievement make a return?

This category is one of the first things we discussed. We don't have any plans for achievements that only a small group of people can get, not even for zero points.

@Booleano
Old user here and I think "prestige achievements" that show the old progress without contributing points is fine. Especially since working toward achievements is gameplay - I want more gameplay, not less! ^^
Old user here and I think "prestige achievements" that show the old progress without contributing points is fine. Especially since working toward achievements is gameplay - I want more gameplay, not less! ^^
tumblr_inline_muy5syMOBb1r2ctmi.png
Wow what an exciting update! Thanks so much for sharing this with us all. I'm so looking forward to what you've come up with for achievements!
Wow what an exciting update! Thanks so much for sharing this with us all. I'm so looking forward to what you've come up with for achievements!
TO5f5vS.pngp5Y4Rj3.png
3adgzZD.pngmlHpBMC.png

o6n8ZXM.png3I473vH.png
GgsD4JX.png o9yS1eq.png
n2h1rdv.png
7UXlQKU.gif
I am interested to know what sorts of items are going to start cropping up in the Grand Exchange! This will definitely make dailies a lot more exciting and motivational to do.
I am interested to know what sorts of items are going to start cropping up in the Grand Exchange! This will definitely make dailies a lot more exciting and motivational to do.
uCR5SCW.png
[quote name="ZoranaDragon" date="2022-12-12 11:03:58" ] Heck yeah!! And new things for completing them too? That's awesome! I can't wait to see the new achievements! Quick question, will the older players be able to see the old achievements they got before they where originally removed? Even if they don't reward anything I'd like to see what ones I used to have. [/quote] Unfortunately, given how patchy and old the progression data is for legacy achievements, there isn't really a way for us to surface that information to players given how vastly different the underlying achievement architecture is. At some point in the future it's possible that we may be able to pull it out as historical information, but it's not being scoped into this project.
ZoranaDragon wrote on 2022-12-12 11:03:58:
Heck yeah!! And new things for completing them too? That's awesome!

I can't wait to see the new achievements!

Quick question, will the older players be able to see the old achievements they got before they where originally removed? Even if they don't reward anything I'd like to see what ones I used to have.

Unfortunately, given how patchy and old the progression data is for legacy achievements, there isn't really a way for us to surface that information to players given how vastly different the underlying achievement architecture is. At some point in the future it's possible that we may be able to pull it out as historical information, but it's not being scoped into this project.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
[quote name="Mayali" date="2022-12-12 11:37:15" ] i would just like to say though that i am not very fond of daily-resetting achievements. imo they are like a constant demand for attention that becomes exhausting even if they only take a few minutes to complete. this eventually causes me to burn out on games i otherwise really like because i feel like i can't even have one day offline without missing something. i know i'm just one person but i hope that you will consider this perspective too. [/quote] Seconding this concern. I tend to burn out on games easily, and am only hoping it won't ever happen with FR, ´cause it´s happened many times before with other games, even ones I played for several years. FR, however, has things the previous games didn´t, so hopefully that will continue to set it apart even if in some aspects it might get closer to the previous games´ mechanics. That said, the current dailies aren´t causing me a burnout (so far), and opting to skip them doesn´t feel punishing - I mean, it´s easy to skip things like Tomo, familiars-bonding and even Fairgrounds without feeling like we´re missing out on [i]too[/i] much (though maxing Fairgrounds out regularly [i]would[/i] add up by a lot), so hopefully the new ones might not do so either. The key, I´d say, is to make players feel secure that they can take a few days off of the tasks without losing out on [i]too[/i] much in terms of rewards. Of course, completing the tasks will still be preferable, but it´ll help prevent it from feeling like a chore. Does it make sense, what I mean? Perhaps someone else will be able to put it into words better ^^;
Mayali wrote on 2022-12-12 11:37:15:
i would just like to say though that i am not very fond of daily-resetting achievements. imo they are like a constant demand for attention that becomes exhausting even if they only take a few minutes to complete. this eventually causes me to burn out on games i otherwise really like because i feel like i can't even have one day offline without missing something. i know i'm just one person but i hope that you will consider this perspective too.

Seconding this concern. I tend to burn out on games easily, and am only hoping it won't ever happen with FR, ´cause it´s happened many times before with other games, even ones I played for several years. FR, however, has things the previous games didn´t, so hopefully that will continue to set it apart even if in some aspects it might get closer to the previous games´ mechanics.

That said, the current dailies aren´t causing me a burnout (so far), and opting to skip them doesn´t feel punishing - I mean, it´s easy to skip things like Tomo, familiars-bonding and even Fairgrounds without feeling like we´re missing out on too much (though maxing Fairgrounds out regularly would add up by a lot), so hopefully the new ones might not do so either.

The key, I´d say, is to make players feel secure that they can take a few days off of the tasks without losing out on too much in terms of rewards. Of course, completing the tasks will still be preferable, but it´ll help prevent it from feeling like a chore.

Does it make sense, what I mean? Perhaps someone else will be able to put it into words better ^^;
PWSZq63.png z3FSuck.png
Qboauiw.png
a129Nss.png
ozXwjvF.png
90frr5J.png
1bSJVgF.png
gziv3Ja.png
r8v91MH.png
ekux78o.png
bVV6yhw.png
dEe2UrM.png
YMPbu9R.png