Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Warrior's Way, NotN, & more!
1 2 ... 86 87 88 89 90 ... 111 112
I don't know about anybody else, but I am honestly getting event fatigue. A flight festival nearly every month, the four mini-fests, and then NotN in December/January, already take up more of my attention than they really should. I don't mind one-offs like Dustcarve Dig, but I really don't know how sustainable another recurring event is on the player side.

With both Joxar's Spare Inventory and the system introduced in Dustcarve Dig, I thought perhaps something was being put into place where older NotN items could be picked up for some kind of trade-in at a new seasonal shop. I don't mind a reduction in the number of new items introduced, though that is a very drastic reduction. I guess I just don't understand the purpose of reducing the new items introduced in NotN at the same time a new event with new items is being introduced.
I don't know about anybody else, but I am honestly getting event fatigue. A flight festival nearly every month, the four mini-fests, and then NotN in December/January, already take up more of my attention than they really should. I don't mind one-offs like Dustcarve Dig, but I really don't know how sustainable another recurring event is on the player side.

With both Joxar's Spare Inventory and the system introduced in Dustcarve Dig, I thought perhaps something was being put into place where older NotN items could be picked up for some kind of trade-in at a new seasonal shop. I don't mind a reduction in the number of new items introduced, though that is a very drastic reduction. I guess I just don't understand the purpose of reducing the new items introduced in NotN at the same time a new event with new items is being introduced.
2r1O20i.pngJzHR8yv.pngSeafoam_Sidekicks_1.png2XA7Pb0.pngcMCOBAh.pngkummiW9.png
[quote name="CyclopsDog" date="2021-07-31 08:08:06" ] [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/419279783168573441/871044225599422485/Screen_Shot_2021-07-31_at_8.57.28_AM.png[/img][/center] So if this [i]is[/i] a new ancient breed my only question is why is it the exact same pose as a skydancer f? :/ One bottom leg is even lifted off the ground on both!! And one arm is higher than the other on both too. I always figured since ancients don't wear clothes they literally have infinite possibilities. They don't have to have the classic 2 wings, 4 legs. If this hypothetical new ancient has two heads thats awesome! That's what I mean, you can do anything with these ancients. But you choose to continue the 4 legs, 2 wings, and what's worse; you make this theoretically really cool breed in the exact pose as a skydancer f .-. Idk man [/quote] [size=2]banescales broke the cycle of 4 legs, 2 wings, 1 head thing already. this one seemingly has 2, possibly 3 heads. time will show. these poses are also very similar, and the list goes on. I personally think it is fine. still gives flexibility with making skins and accents. [img]https://i.imgur.com/yY321fA.png[/img]
CyclopsDog wrote on 2021-07-31 08:08:06:
Screen_Shot_2021-07-31_at_8.57.28_AM.png

So if this is a new ancient breed my only question is why is it the exact same pose as a skydancer f? :/ One bottom leg is even lifted off the ground on both!! And one arm is higher than the other on both too.

I always figured since ancients don't wear clothes they literally have infinite possibilities. They don't have to have the classic 2 wings, 4 legs. If this hypothetical new ancient has two heads thats awesome! That's what I mean, you can do anything with these ancients. But you choose to continue the 4 legs, 2 wings, and what's worse; you make this theoretically really cool breed in the exact pose as a skydancer f .-. Idk man
banescales broke the cycle of 4 legs, 2 wings, 1 head thing already.
this one seemingly has 2, possibly 3 heads. time will show.

these poses are also very similar, and the list goes on.
I personally think it is fine. still gives flexibility with making skins and accents.
yY321fA.png
banner by fellefan
[quote name="dwarjam" date="2021-07-31 09:26:48" ] [quote name="CyclopsDog" date="2021-07-31 08:08:06" ] [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/419279783168573441/871044225599422485/Screen_Shot_2021-07-31_at_8.57.28_AM.png[/img][/center] So if this [i]is[/i] a new ancient breed my only question is why is it the exact same pose as a skydancer f? :/ One bottom leg is even lifted off the ground on both!! And one arm is higher than the other on both too. I always figured since ancients don't wear clothes they literally have infinite possibilities. They don't have to have the classic 2 wings, 4 legs. If this hypothetical new ancient has two heads thats awesome! That's what I mean, you can do anything with these ancients. But you choose to continue the 4 legs, 2 wings, and what's worse; you make this theoretically really cool breed in the exact pose as a skydancer f .-. Idk man [/quote] [size=2]banescales broke the cycle of 4 legs, 2 wings, 1 head thing already. this one seemingly has 2, possibly 3 heads. time will show. these poses are also very similar, and the list goes on. I personally think it is fine. still gives flexibility with making skins and accents. [img]https://i.imgur.com/yY321fA.png[/img] [/quote] Not to mention the poses should/have to be able to show off all the genes decently.
dwarjam wrote on 2021-07-31 09:26:48:

So if this is a new ancient breed my only question is why is it the exact same pose as a skydancer f? :/ One bottom leg is even lifted off the ground on both!! And one arm is higher than the other on both too.

I always figured since ancients don't wear clothes they literally have infinite possibilities. They don't have to have the classic 2 wings, 4 legs. If this hypothetical new ancient has two heads thats awesome! That's what I mean, you can do anything with these ancients. But you choose to continue the 4 legs, 2 wings, and what's worse; you make this theoretically really cool breed in the exact pose as a skydancer f .-. Idk man

I personally think it is fine. still gives flexibility with making skins and accents.
yY321fA.png
Not to mention the poses should/have to be able to show off all the genes decently.
|Art Shop|Wish List|He/Him/It/Its
[quote name="dwarjam" date="2021-07-31 09:26:48" ] [quote name="CyclopsDog" date="2021-07-31 08:08:06" ] [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/419279783168573441/871044225599422485/Screen_Shot_2021-07-31_at_8.57.28_AM.png[/img][/center] So if this [i]is[/i] a new ancient breed my only question is why is it the exact same pose as a skydancer f? :/ One bottom leg is even lifted off the ground on both!! And one arm is higher than the other on both too. I always figured since ancients don't wear clothes they literally have infinite possibilities. They don't have to have the classic 2 wings, 4 legs. If this hypothetical new ancient has two heads thats awesome! That's what I mean, you can do anything with these ancients. But you choose to continue the 4 legs, 2 wings, and what's worse; you make this theoretically really cool breed in the exact pose as a skydancer f .-. Idk man [/quote] [size=2]banescales broke the cycle of 4 legs, 2 wings, 1 head thing already. this one seemingly has 2, possibly 3 heads. time will show. these poses are also very similar, and the list goes on. I personally think it is fine. still gives flexibility with making skins and accents. [img]https://i.imgur.com/yY321fA.png[/img] [/quote] Okay well Im talking about ancients only here. Modern dragon breeds (your examples) are fine with their poses. Not to mention 2 of your examples are the same breed of dragon which would give them similar poses. Banescales are also the Only ancient breed to have broken their 4 legs 2 wings rule so far. The point of ancients were to be different than the modern breeds and so far they haven't delivered. It's not even just a similar pose it is the EXACT SAME as a skydancer f.

yY321fA.png
Okay well Im talking about ancients only here. Modern dragon breeds (your examples) are fine with their poses. Not to mention 2 of your examples are the same breed of dragon which would give them similar poses.
Banescales are also the Only ancient breed to have broken their 4 legs 2 wings rule so far. The point of ancients were to be different than the modern breeds and so far they haven't delivered.
It's not even just a similar pose it is the EXACT SAME as a skydancer f.
Looking for this UMA wm1ug.gif0gfpV.gif
Just wanted to add my 2 cents and say that like some players have mentioned, I too am already feeling event fatigue. To get another huge event doesn't excite me, it makes me think "oh crud, not another one".
Just wanted to add my 2 cents and say that like some players have mentioned, I too am already feeling event fatigue. To get another huge event doesn't excite me, it makes me think "oh crud, not another one".
I AM SO EXCITEDDDDD
I AM SO EXCITEDDDDD
Z07Q1U2.pngrHioVyh.pngWmiodIc.png
[quote name="Clownz" date="2021-07-31 09:51:53" ] [quote name="dwarjam" date="2021-07-31 09:26:48" ] [quote name="CyclopsDog" date="2021-07-31 08:08:06" ] [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/419279783168573441/871044225599422485/Screen_Shot_2021-07-31_at_8.57.28_AM.png[/img][/center] So if this [i]is[/i] a new ancient breed my only question is why is it the exact same pose as a skydancer f? :/ One bottom leg is even lifted off the ground on both!! And one arm is higher than the other on both too. I always figured since ancients don't wear clothes they literally have infinite possibilities. They don't have to have the classic 2 wings, 4 legs. If this hypothetical new ancient has two heads thats awesome! That's what I mean, you can do anything with these ancients. But you choose to continue the 4 legs, 2 wings, and what's worse; you make this theoretically really cool breed in the exact pose as a skydancer f .-. Idk man [/quote] [size=2]banescales broke the cycle of 4 legs, 2 wings, 1 head thing already. this one seemingly has 2, possibly 3 heads. time will show. these poses are also very similar, and the list goes on. I personally think it is fine. still gives flexibility with making skins and accents. [img]https://i.imgur.com/yY321fA.png[/img] [/quote] Not to mention the poses should/have to be able to show off all the genes decently. [/quote] like how you can see capsule on an obelisk? [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/419279783168573441/871074631510032425/Screenshot_2021-07-31_105920.png[/img]
Clownz wrote on 2021-07-31 09:51:53:

yY321fA.png
Not to mention the poses should/have to be able to show off all the genes decently.

like how you can see capsule on an obelisk?
Screenshot_2021-07-31_105920.png
artworks-000218620633-nvk8wc-large.jpg
omgggg
omgggg
he him / usually only log on to do dailys
omg that new breed lookin funky
omg that new breed lookin funky
johPgo5.png • mosseborb, borb
• she/they
• FR +3
wishlist
• interests:
-ghost and pals
-anything music!!
-vulture culture
-photography
pZJYyk4.png
pyAp3dI.png
ao3.png
FObX7rS.png
NeV4KUN.png
frthingy.png
This is all so exciting!! I'm really hyped for that new event, and the new ancient looks fascinating! Could that be two heads that I'm seeing?
This is all so exciting!! I'm really hyped for that new event, and the new ancient looks fascinating! Could that be two heads that I'm seeing?
!! signature under construction !!
1 2 ... 86 87 88 89 90 ... 111 112