Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Warrior's Way, NotN, & more!
1 2 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112
[quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2021-08-19 07:37:34" ] @ihmi we literally just got a new modern breed theyre not going to release another one for a long time because they have to do apparel and gene art, ancient breeds take less time and have their own flavor of creativity [/quote] I get the feeling ihmi made the same mistake as me. Because I don't get on the site often, when the Obelisk was out, I was under the impression it too was an Ancient Breed (since like you said, it takes a ton of work making all the content for modern breeds). I hadn't seen Obelisks wearing anything (and I barely dress my dragons up), all of the profiles allow for the customize apparel button to exist on all dragons, ancient or otherwise, and my addled brain definitely didn't make the connection that ancient breeds have their name listed at the end of genes LOL. I just had to check the wiki for the release date because I was confused when you said we just got a modern breed. Low and behold, the Obelisk is one!
hungryhobbits wrote on 2021-08-19 07:37:34:
@ihmi we literally just got a new modern breed theyre not going to release another one for a long time because they have to do apparel and gene art, ancient breeds take less time and have their own flavor of creativity

I get the feeling ihmi made the same mistake as me.

Because I don't get on the site often, when the Obelisk was out, I was under the impression it too was an Ancient Breed (since like you said, it takes a ton of work making all the content for modern breeds). I hadn't seen Obelisks wearing anything (and I barely dress my dragons up), all of the profiles allow for the customize apparel button to exist on all dragons, ancient or otherwise, and my addled brain definitely didn't make the connection that ancient breeds have their name listed at the end of genes LOL.

I just had to check the wiki for the release date because I was confused when you said we just got a modern breed. Low and behold, the Obelisk is one!
@Rattlecat Yay! I wasn't the only one confused!

I haven't been visiting the site as much as I have in the past. (I'm more anti-social now than I was during the first months of the pandemic - which is mind-boggling)

I haven't been visiting the site as much as I have in the past. (I'm more anti-social now than I was during the first months of the pandemic - which is mind-boggling)
I am still very hyped for the new dragon ! !
I am still very hyped for the new dragon ! !
[quote name="ihmi" date="2021-09-13 01:37:18" ] @Rattlecat Yay! I wasn't the only one confused! I haven't been visiting the site as much as I have in the past. (I'm more anti-social now than I was during the first months of the pandemic - which is mind-boggling) [/quote] I think I stopped fully playing a couple years ago. I held a forum post where whoever posted got a random item out of my hoard, including all event specific familiars, accents, yada yada. And then I split up my gold and gems and tossed them out there too. The only times I come back is whenever friends come to me yelling about a new breed now. The Obelisk definitely caught my attention because my fursona is a guardian lion dog (specifically the Japanese Komainu), and it looks very much like one. It just looks so much like it'd fit ancient breeds that I just did not realize until I looked at the wiki XD
ihmi wrote on 2021-09-13 01:37:18:

I think I stopped fully playing a couple years ago. I held a forum post where whoever posted got a random item out of my hoard, including all event specific familiars, accents, yada yada. And then I split up my gold and gems and tossed them out there too.

The only times I come back is whenever friends come to me yelling about a new breed now. The Obelisk definitely caught my attention because my fursona is a guardian lion dog (specifically the Japanese Komainu), and it looks very much like one. It just looks so much like it'd fit ancient breeds that I just did not realize until I looked at the wiki XD
1 2 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112