Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Warrior's Way, NotN, & more!
1 2 ... 88 89 90 91 92 ... 111 112
My clan has only been around for a year, and yet I have seen the release of two- soon to be three dragons!! Thanks so much dev!!
My clan has only been around for a year, and yet I have seen the release of two- soon to be three dragons!! Thanks so much dev!!
8328f59c839d5ce68920167da3694be8edcc868b.jpg4c552a44c34eaa26766f7dea59eb14b651fa9c7e.jpga77765f1e4cc954f924cd547f1e183553fc370ed.jpgffc30d69c22d02cc37f647e7a7d695415f4e2d41.jpg0797ea028aac1ba9c49209da159fc1e7081d872a.jpg
pog
pog
ougfmP3.png
[quote name="dwarjam" date="2021-07-31 09:26:48" ] [quote name="CyclopsDog" date="2021-07-31 08:08:06" ] [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/419279783168573441/871044225599422485/Screen_Shot_2021-07-31_at_8.57.28_AM.png[/img][/center] So if this [i]is[/i] a new ancient breed my only question is why is it the exact same pose as a skydancer f? :/ One bottom leg is even lifted off the ground on both!! And one arm is higher than the other on both too. I always figured since ancients don't wear clothes they literally have infinite possibilities. They don't have to have the classic 2 wings, 4 legs. If this hypothetical new ancient has two heads thats awesome! That's what I mean, you can do anything with these ancients. But you choose to continue the 4 legs, 2 wings, and what's worse; you make this theoretically really cool breed in the exact pose as a skydancer f .-. Idk man [/quote] [size=2]banescales broke the cycle of 4 legs, 2 wings, 1 head thing already. this one seemingly has 2, possibly 3 heads. time will show. these poses are also very similar, and the list goes on. I personally think it is fine. still gives flexibility with making skins and accents. [img]https://i.imgur.com/yY321fA.png[/img] [/quote] there is diference between pose being same (esp when just basic profile standing and sitting), and silhoute being same. new ancient looks like plagued skydancer, exact same pose tho :/ seeing mentioned on reducing one event and then adding new content... yeah, feeling that too. I thought there is too much stuff (or it is jist that new moderns are too much work and so ancient were added), but then new content keeps being added that adds even more work (scene seems to be really demanding, Fiona fams here and there too? new ancients and their genes also require lot of work and now new event?) - while there are older stuff needing fixing or that have been promised to be added. new stuff are surely exciting, but idk, it is getting bit mixed and I am starting to worry that there is being added too much content for it to be handled
dwarjam wrote on 2021-07-31 09:26:48:
CyclopsDog wrote on 2021-07-31 08:08:06:
Screen_Shot_2021-07-31_at_8.57.28_AM.png

So if this is a new ancient breed my only question is why is it the exact same pose as a skydancer f? :/ One bottom leg is even lifted off the ground on both!! And one arm is higher than the other on both too.

I always figured since ancients don't wear clothes they literally have infinite possibilities. They don't have to have the classic 2 wings, 4 legs. If this hypothetical new ancient has two heads thats awesome! That's what I mean, you can do anything with these ancients. But you choose to continue the 4 legs, 2 wings, and what's worse; you make this theoretically really cool breed in the exact pose as a skydancer f .-. Idk man
banescales broke the cycle of 4 legs, 2 wings, 1 head thing already.
this one seemingly has 2, possibly 3 heads. time will show.

these poses are also very similar, and the list goes on.
I personally think it is fine. still gives flexibility with making skins and accents.
yY321fA.png

there is diference between pose being same (esp when just basic profile standing and sitting), and silhoute being same. new ancient looks like plagued skydancer, exact same pose tho :/

seeing mentioned on reducing one event and then adding new content... yeah, feeling that too. I thought there is too much stuff (or it is jist that new moderns are too much work and so ancient were added), but then new content keeps being added that adds even more work (scene seems to be really demanding, Fiona fams here and there too? new ancients and their genes also require lot of work and now new event?) - while there are older stuff needing fixing or that have been promised to be added. new stuff are surely exciting, but idk, it is getting bit mixed and I am starting to worry that there is being added too much content for it to be handled
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
I do agree with everyone else, though; this is just… way too many events….
I do agree with everyone else, though; this is just… way too many events….
bJs5ioz.gif
Made by Dovalore
And too much stuff. Flight Rising has always moved so fast, and I’m starting to think that the site needs to slow down!
And too much stuff. Flight Rising has always moved so fast, and I’m starting to think that the site needs to slow down!
bJs5ioz.gif
Made by Dovalore
[quote name="CyclopsDog" date="2021-07-31 09:56:16" ] [quote name="dwarjam" date="2021-07-31 09:26:48" ] [quote name="CyclopsDog" date="2021-07-31 08:08:06" ] [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/419279783168573441/871044225599422485/Screen_Shot_2021-07-31_at_8.57.28_AM.png[/img][/center] So if this [i]is[/i] a new ancient breed my only question is why is it the exact same pose as a skydancer f? :/ One bottom leg is even lifted off the ground on both!! And one arm is higher than the other on both too. I always figured since ancients don't wear clothes they literally have infinite possibilities. They don't have to have the classic 2 wings, 4 legs. If this hypothetical new ancient has two heads thats awesome! That's what I mean, you can do anything with these ancients. But you choose to continue the 4 legs, 2 wings, and what's worse; you make this theoretically really cool breed in the exact pose as a skydancer f .-. Idk man [/quote] [size=2]banescales broke the cycle of 4 legs, 2 wings, 1 head thing already. this one seemingly has 2, possibly 3 heads. time will show. these poses are also very similar, and the list goes on. I personally think it is fine. still gives flexibility with making skins and accents. [img]https://i.imgur.com/yY321fA.png[/img] [/quote] Okay well Im talking about ancients only here. Modern dragon breeds (your examples) are fine with their poses. Not to mention 2 of your examples are the same breed of dragon which would give them similar poses. Banescales are also the Only ancient breed to have broken their 4 legs 2 wings rule so far. The point of ancients were to be different than the modern breeds and so far they haven't delivered. It's not even just a similar pose it is the EXACT SAME as a skydancer f. [/quote] Veilspuns/Gaolers may not legitimately break the limb rule, but You would never see such long hair, such big horns and such small wings in modern dragons. Plus, they have line-breaking terts which also change their silhouette. This dragon looks like it has [b]multiple heads[/b] and you're complaining how they have the same pose as another dragon which somehow makes them boring? But it's okay to have the same pose for modern dragons for reasons not explicit in your post? You complain that ancients so far haven't been different (arguable, bc of line breaker terts) from moderns yet here we're talking about a dragon with multiple heads (and tails) being somehow too similar to a dragon with one head, just because they have the same pose? Obviously, there's a lot of dragon in this new breed and it has to fit in a small box, which has limited the way breeds are able to be drawn and posed in the past. It's clear that there are various points of interest on this dragon that needed to be fit inside: A) multiple heads, the main event, each having visible differences between, takes up a quarter minimum out of necessity. B) Wings, visibly smaller to make room for the rest, visibly torn/mangled, creating an affect how we perceive the dragon C) Two Tails D) Four legs, with notably sharp claws E) The body It was obviously decided for a reason why a dragon had certain features to convey certain ideas. With multiple heads, the dragon was already going to be very top heavy like a skydancer, and I can't see any form of top-down pose working, like male mirrors' or female imps' pose. So one of the top two quarters basically have to have the heads. The wings (chosen to stay as they can convey plague vibes by being torn heavily), therfore have to fill the other available top space, and the body has to twist beneath the two. Already much alike the sky fem pose. The tails are on the opposite end of the body, obviously. The legs are similarly posed to the skydancer probably to show off the sharp claws, and unlike the skydancer pose, the fingers and toes are flexing, to further draw the attention to the claws. This means it is articulated in the same way as a skydancer, but for completely different reasons. A skydancer is delicate and light, poised for flight. This dragon is coiled, tangled and does not look relaxed like the skydancer does. If you 'pressed play' it would take a step with its lifted back foot before it started shredding whatever lied in its way. It is very reminiscent of a tarantula or snake holding a 'threat posture' when defensive. At least, that's what makes them different from what I can see currently (ie without seeing any of its full body/genes) I'm confused where the line crosses for you and what you want. I would love if you could please clarify so we can at least be on the same page as to why you are upset?
CyclopsDog wrote on 2021-07-31 09:56:16:
dwarjam wrote on 2021-07-31 09:26:48:
CyclopsDog wrote on 2021-07-31 08:08:06:
Screen_Shot_2021-07-31_at_8.57.28_AM.png

So if this is a new ancient breed my only question is why is it the exact same pose as a skydancer f? :/ One bottom leg is even lifted off the ground on both!! And one arm is higher than the other on both too.

I always figured since ancients don't wear clothes they literally have infinite possibilities. They don't have to have the classic 2 wings, 4 legs. If this hypothetical new ancient has two heads thats awesome! That's what I mean, you can do anything with these ancients. But you choose to continue the 4 legs, 2 wings, and what's worse; you make this theoretically really cool breed in the exact pose as a skydancer f .-. Idk man
banescales broke the cycle of 4 legs, 2 wings, 1 head thing already.
this one seemingly has 2, possibly 3 heads. time will show.

these poses are also very similar, and the list goes on.
I personally think it is fine. still gives flexibility with making skins and accents.
yY321fA.png
Okay well Im talking about ancients only here. Modern dragon breeds (your examples) are fine with their poses. Not to mention 2 of your examples are the same breed of dragon which would give them similar poses.
Banescales are also the Only ancient breed to have broken their 4 legs 2 wings rule so far. The point of ancients were to be different than the modern breeds and so far they haven't delivered.
It's not even just a similar pose it is the EXACT SAME as a skydancer f.

Veilspuns/Gaolers may not legitimately break the limb rule, but You would never see such long hair, such big horns and such small wings in modern dragons. Plus, they have line-breaking terts which also change their silhouette.

This dragon looks like it has multiple heads and you're complaining how they have the same pose as another dragon which somehow makes them boring? But it's okay to have the same pose for modern dragons for reasons not explicit in your post?

You complain that ancients so far haven't been different (arguable, bc of line breaker terts) from moderns yet here we're talking about a dragon with multiple heads (and tails) being somehow too similar to a dragon with one head, just because they have the same pose?

Obviously, there's a lot of dragon in this new breed and it has to fit in a small box, which has limited the way breeds are able to be drawn and posed in the past. It's clear that there are various points of interest on this dragon that needed to be fit inside:

A) multiple heads, the main event, each having visible differences between, takes up a quarter minimum out of necessity.
B) Wings, visibly smaller to make room for the rest, visibly torn/mangled, creating an affect how we perceive the dragon
C) Two Tails
D) Four legs, with notably sharp claws
E) The body

It was obviously decided for a reason why a dragon had certain features to convey certain ideas. With multiple heads, the dragon was already going to be very top heavy like a skydancer, and I can't see any form of top-down pose working, like male mirrors' or female imps' pose. So one of the top two quarters basically have to have the heads.

The wings (chosen to stay as they can convey plague vibes by being torn heavily), therfore have to fill the other available top space, and the body has to twist beneath the two. Already much alike the sky fem pose. The tails are on the opposite end of the body, obviously. The legs are similarly posed to the skydancer probably to show off the sharp claws, and unlike the skydancer pose, the fingers and toes are flexing, to further draw the attention to the claws.

This means it is articulated in the same way as a skydancer, but for completely different reasons. A skydancer is delicate and light, poised for flight. This dragon is coiled, tangled and does not look relaxed like the skydancer does. If you 'pressed play' it would take a step with its lifted back foot before it started shredding whatever lied in its way. It is very reminiscent of a tarantula or snake holding a 'threat posture' when defensive.

At least, that's what makes them different from what I can see currently (ie without seeing any of its full body/genes)

I'm confused where the line crosses for you and what you want. I would love if you
could please clarify so we can at least be on the same page as to why you are upset?
apel6.png

FR time + 8

minim|She/Her|Aro/Ace
AIUessR.png
maybe it is better to make it possible to cross the ancient breeds themselves? Because pairs take up a lot of space.
maybe it is better to make it possible to cross the ancient breeds themselves? Because pairs take up a lot of space.
Yooo bois this might be my persona

Y’all don’t know how much I’m looking forward to this.
Yooo bois this might be my persona

Y’all don’t know how much I’m looking forward to this.
uTNNK6n.pngUNPhPIE.gifbisexual-bisexual-mottled-heckin-bi.pngzfNtpTV.pngEigRKTl.png
Hype!
Hype!
@GalacticOkami [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/419279783168573441/871101883119460422/Screen_Shot_2021-07-31_at_12.46.40_PM.png[/img] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2666061#post_2666061]https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2666061#post_2666061[/url] Oh yeah its so innovative to add a second head to a skydancer and call it "breaking the one rule" Also you are missing the point about the same pose. There's nothing else to it, it's just the same pose as the skydancer f.
@GalacticOkami
Screen_Shot_2021-07-31_at_12.46.40_PM.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2666061#post_2666061

Oh yeah its so innovative to add a second head to a skydancer and call it "breaking the one rule"

Also you are missing the point about the same pose. There's nothing else to it, it's just the same pose as the skydancer f.

Looking for this UMA wm1ug.gif0gfpV.gif
1 2 ... 88 89 90 91 92 ... 111 112