Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Riot of Rot 2020
1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
I can agree that maybe the coloring could be changed a bit, at least to be a more plague-y shade of green, but I definitely like the apparel overall! honestly, I saw it and got a big smile on my face because I love the concept of a Plague bard. love the familiar and scene too. don’t use skins/accents much so admittedly don’t really have an opinion there.
I can agree that maybe the coloring could be changed a bit, at least to be a more plague-y shade of green, but I definitely like the apparel overall! honestly, I saw it and got a big smile on my face because I love the concept of a Plague bard. love the familiar and scene too. don’t use skins/accents much so admittedly don’t really have an opinion there.
7JvkzvF.pngjx4zL8c.pngPw6I6hG.png

Grim or Jack | they/them | dark type gym leader in training
kinda disappointed by the skins and apparel. don't get me wrong, i don't think they're bad, and i like quite a lot of the skins- just, overall, things don't feel very, well, plague

it kind of feels like nature 2.0 with all the mushroom skins and accents, and the very green, clean apparel. kind of disappointing to come back and properly celebrate my flight for the first time in two years only for it to almost feel like i got the dates wrong and it's not our festival at all
kinda disappointed by the skins and apparel. don't get me wrong, i don't think they're bad, and i like quite a lot of the skins- just, overall, things don't feel very, well, plague

it kind of feels like nature 2.0 with all the mushroom skins and accents, and the very green, clean apparel. kind of disappointing to come back and properly celebrate my flight for the first time in two years only for it to almost feel like i got the dates wrong and it's not our festival at all
vpDthIH.pngthAk1K3.pnglAasg9J.png
025MS8.png007MS8.png520MS8.png408MS6.png041MSPE.png678MS8.png
IFxGgtL.png
[quote name="CheshireCats" date="2020-10-25 23:17:51" ] Ok so I went through the lore books and ya know what they say. They say that plague rotted the nature, it made the waters ill, it tore the flesh of off bone. So why, WHY would a super clean and sharp outfit be suited for plague? Nature on the other hand is about rebirth, new beginnings and this outfit matches that description. There was a post about the harp that had significances but I can’t find it. No hate to anyone but I would have been happy with a torn up outfit that looked like it had tried to make its way through plague. People are saying it’s a different aspect of plague but it really isn’t. I understand the creators and devs and whoever else didn’t want to do anything because of the pandemic but there were a thousand different options. Someone said if you don’t like it don’t buy it? Ok I’ll just ignore the entire festival dedicated to my flight. [/quote] ^ This right there
CheshireCats wrote on 2020-10-25 23:17:51:
Ok so I went through the lore books and ya know what they say. They say that plague rotted the nature, it made the waters ill, it tore the flesh of off bone. So why, WHY would a super clean and sharp outfit be suited for plague? Nature on the other hand is about rebirth, new beginnings and this outfit matches that description. There was a post about the harp that had significances but I can’t find it. No hate to anyone but I would have been happy with a torn up outfit that looked like it had tried to make its way through plague.

People are saying it’s a different aspect of plague but it really isn’t. I understand the creators and devs and whoever else didn’t want to do anything because of the pandemic but there were a thousand different options.

Someone said if you don’t like it don’t buy it? Ok I’ll just ignore the entire festival dedicated to my flight.

^
This right there
fWKq08u.gif
@Autopsy

It's not that OOF members aren't allowed to have an opinion, or that theirs is less important. Pointing out that most people who like the apparel are OOF, while a majority of Plague does not is emphasizing a point. Many Plaguelings feel like our flight aesthetic is suppressed. Our flight holiday should first and foremost cater to its own members. When an entire flight is voicing their anger at their own flight holiday, something is validly wrong. This apparel is fine enough on its own, but not as a Plague item. I'm happy to explore a new side of Plague with a bard look. Look at the many edits people have done. It's the forest green Nature color that is pissing us off.
@Autopsy

It's not that OOF members aren't allowed to have an opinion, or that theirs is less important. Pointing out that most people who like the apparel are OOF, while a majority of Plague does not is emphasizing a point. Many Plaguelings feel like our flight aesthetic is suppressed. Our flight holiday should first and foremost cater to its own members. When an entire flight is voicing their anger at their own flight holiday, something is validly wrong. This apparel is fine enough on its own, but not as a Plague item. I'm happy to explore a new side of Plague with a bard look. Look at the many edits people have done. It's the forest green Nature color that is pissing us off.
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
Happy RoR !!

I absolutely love this year's apparel! It's so nice to see another "side" of the plague, I'm glad we get something a bit different that explores a different aesthetic while staying the theme! (a bit saddened to see people being so upset about it though, it's a game and there are many other way to celebrate our festival if we don't like the apparel)

Lovin' the familiar too ! Literally my only critic is that real scorpions naturally have 4 pairs of legs + 2 pincers lmao (arachnology lovers unite). Which is not even a critic, because this one is far from real and I love the design of it ! Big thanks to the dev/artists, great job <3

And once again, happy RoR everyone !
Happy RoR !!

I absolutely love this year's apparel! It's so nice to see another "side" of the plague, I'm glad we get something a bit different that explores a different aesthetic while staying the theme! (a bit saddened to see people being so upset about it though, it's a game and there are many other way to celebrate our festival if we don't like the apparel)

Lovin' the familiar too ! Literally my only critic is that real scorpions naturally have 4 pairs of legs + 2 pincers lmao (arachnology lovers unite). Which is not even a critic, because this one is far from real and I love the design of it ! Big thanks to the dev/artists, great job <3

And once again, happy RoR everyone !
tumblr_inline_oau8naC1bp1soemy4_100.png
KIP / ALEC
› he/him
› 24yo
› L[G]B[T]I+

› FR +9
VglvtcR.png
LORE CLAN
hello_ The Marrow Run Council
hello_ The Glorious Kismet pirate crew
hello_ The Roamers Clique

Art shop ; discord: gakipper
tumblr_inline_oau8naP9SE1soemy4_100.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/35143344][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/351434/35143344_350.png[/img][/url] Hey. Let me add my opinion to some topics [b]The Apparel[/b] So I've been in the plague flight since I joined (about 3 years ago) and I've honestly never been more disappointed. As seen above, this is my Plague Rep Brimstone. As you can see, as with other peoples reps, his aesthetic is based around the reds and plague bones with TINGES of greens to accent the reds. I even added a sickly yellow skin to complement his colors. I'm going to say this as nice as I can but the new apparel is NOT plague based. It's nice when put with greener apparel like a friend showed me but I just don't like it. It's kind of insulting really. [b]The Skins[/b] I see no problem with the skins unfortunately. I have friends who make skins and I know the amount of work that goes into them. They are kinda repetitive with the mushroom theme but they did well with the designs and art and I really like them. Congrats to the winners and shame on the player who straight up copied a TV show for their skin. That could've gotten Flight Rising in trouble if Adult Swim had found out about it. [b]The Familiar and Background[/b] These are absolutely amazing! I love the familiar so much! The background just bleeds Plague and is fantastic with Brimstone. [b]All In All[/b] My only disappointment is the apparel. But devs you really need to listen to what your people have to say. I'm surprised we haven't gotten at least a response to everyones opinions. That in itself is justifying what many have to say about our flight being ignored. [/center]
35143344_350.png
Hey. Let me add my opinion to some topics
The Apparel
So I've been in the plague flight since I joined (about 3 years ago) and I've honestly never been more disappointed. As seen above, this is my Plague Rep Brimstone. As you can see, as with other peoples reps, his aesthetic is based around the reds and plague bones with TINGES of greens to accent the reds. I even added a sickly yellow skin to complement his colors. I'm going to say this as nice as I can but the new apparel is NOT plague based. It's nice when put with greener apparel like a friend showed me but I just don't like it. It's kind of insulting really.
The Skins
I see no problem with the skins unfortunately. I have friends who make skins and I know the amount of work that goes into them. They are kinda repetitive with the mushroom theme but they did well with the designs and art and I really like them. Congrats to the winners and shame on the player who straight up copied a TV show for their skin. That could've gotten Flight Rising in trouble if Adult Swim had found out about it.
The Familiar and Background
These are absolutely amazing! I love the familiar so much! The background just bleeds Plague and is fantastic with Brimstone.
All In All
My only disappointment is the apparel. But devs you really need to listen to what your people have to say. I'm surprised we haven't gotten at least a response to everyones opinions. That in itself is justifying what many have to say about our flight being ignored.
xeDKNxe.png
[quote name="EiraoLaska" date="2020-10-26 02:32:11" ] @/Autopsy It's not that OOF members aren't allowed to have an opinion, or that theirs is less important. Pointing out that most people who like the apparel are OOF, while a majority of Plague does not is emphasizing a point. Many Plaguelings feel like our flight aesthetic is suppressed. Our flight holiday should first and foremost cater to its own members. When an entire flight is voicing their anger at their own flight holiday, something is validly wrong. This apparel is fine enough on its own, but not as a Plague item. I'm happy to explore a new side of Plague with a bard look. Look at the many edits people have done. It's the forest green Nature color that is pissing us off. [/quote] [quote name="CheshireCats" date="2020-10-25 23:17:51" ] Ok so I went through the lore books and ya know what they say. They say that plague rotted the nature, it made the waters ill, it tore the flesh of off bone. [...] No hate to anyone but I would have been happy with a torn up outfit that looked like it had tried to make its way through plague. People are saying it’s a different aspect of plague but it really isn’t. I understand the creators and devs and whoever else didn’t want to do anything because of the pandemic but there were a thousand different options. Someone said if you don’t like it don’t buy it? [b]Ok I’ll just ignore the entire festival dedicated to my flight.[/b] [/quote] I like both your words. :) I guess I will only buy the scenes with my curencies. (and of course take the accents, I like) I still thinking to boycott the apparel, however I like the idea of a Plague bard. But the realisation (quality + colors) are really not something I want to support for any festivals. Don't worry guys, I will survive... after all, it's the point of Plague Flight. Don't you think?
EiraoLaska wrote on 2020-10-26 02:32:11:
@/Autopsy

CheshireCats wrote on 2020-10-25 23:17:51:
Ok so I went through the lore books and ya know what they say. They say that plague rotted the nature, it made the waters ill, it tore the flesh of off bone.
[...]
No hate to anyone but I would have been happy with a torn up outfit that looked like it had tried to make its way through plague.

People are saying it’s a different aspect of plague but it really isn’t. I understand the creators and devs and whoever else didn’t want to do anything because of the pandemic but there were a thousand different options.

Someone said if you don’t like it don’t buy it? Ok I’ll just ignore the entire festival dedicated to my flight.

I like both your words. :)

I guess I will only buy the scenes with my curencies. (and of course take the accents, I like)

I still thinking to boycott the apparel, however I like the idea of a Plague bard. But the realisation (quality + colors) are really not something I want to support for any festivals.

Don't worry guys, I will survive... after all, it's the point of Plague Flight. Don't you think?
9Iyo63B.png
?ytbH=party.png
Help me to grow!!!
My 100 Babies Challenge
(With a Naomi's descendant)
Happy Riot of Rot! ^>^
Happy Riot of Rot! ^>^
Oof I'm sorry for the devs & ppl who just wanted to enjoy the festival...
I don't say nobody can be upset, but I really feel like this blows up more than would be necessary...

Plague is one of my favorite flights & I'm not much into the apparel either and yeah okay be upset, but I just took a brief unexpecting look into FRD & ... do there really need to be this many posts complaining? I barely saw anything else anymore & yeah, spreading negativity annoys me.

Again, there's nothing wrong with voicing complaints but ... believe me everyone has heard them now... I wasn't looking for them. I heard them. I am going to try and avoid them but I will see them again over and over for the rest of the week & to a degree this will taint the festival for me.

If the devs would lock some of that mass of threads now, not only because it might frustrate other players but also because it's a sort of spam to open 20 threads with the exact same purpose, there would be ppl saying "see? the devs hate plague, they won't even let us voice our opinions" and be absolutely convinced this must be the reason.

Just saying. All the salt got me salty in return & I just don't understand why people can't just say "we feel this does not represent us properly, here's what could be better" and leave it at that.
Just as a note, kindness and communication will always foster improvement more effectively than false accusations and angry ranting does.
Oof I'm sorry for the devs & ppl who just wanted to enjoy the festival...
I don't say nobody can be upset, but I really feel like this blows up more than would be necessary...

Plague is one of my favorite flights & I'm not much into the apparel either and yeah okay be upset, but I just took a brief unexpecting look into FRD & ... do there really need to be this many posts complaining? I barely saw anything else anymore & yeah, spreading negativity annoys me.

Again, there's nothing wrong with voicing complaints but ... believe me everyone has heard them now... I wasn't looking for them. I heard them. I am going to try and avoid them but I will see them again over and over for the rest of the week & to a degree this will taint the festival for me.

If the devs would lock some of that mass of threads now, not only because it might frustrate other players but also because it's a sort of spam to open 20 threads with the exact same purpose, there would be ppl saying "see? the devs hate plague, they won't even let us voice our opinions" and be absolutely convinced this must be the reason.

Just saying. All the salt got me salty in return & I just don't understand why people can't just say "we feel this does not represent us properly, here's what could be better" and leave it at that.
Just as a note, kindness and communication will always foster improvement more effectively than false accusations and angry ranting does.
  • FR+9
  • 29y/o
  • they/them
I have no idea if this has been pointed out or not but the tooltip of the Boneyard Bard should say minstrel and not minstal unless I am not familiar with that word? [center][item=boneyard bard][/center]
I have no idea if this has been pointed out or not but the tooltip of the Boneyard Bard should say minstrel and not minstal unless I am not familiar with that word?
Boneyard Bard
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56