Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 7th Anniversary: Dragon Profile Revamp
1 2 ... 207 208 209 210 211 212 213
I would like to be able to opt out of likes being visible at all, it's just unnecessary to me. It's probably a lot of fun for many, but I don't want to think about if others like my dragons or not, let alone have it shown directly on the dragon's page.
I would like to be able to opt out of likes being visible at all, it's just unnecessary to me. It's probably a lot of fun for many, but I don't want to think about if others like my dragons or not, let alone have it shown directly on the dragon's page.
I live in the scrying workshop.
Is there a way to revert back to the previous one? Like a dinosaur mode or something? I much preffered it and found it easier to use so I'd like to be able to have a visual switch for it
Is there a way to revert back to the previous one? Like a dinosaur mode or something? I much preffered it and found it easier to use so I'd like to be able to have a visual switch for it
@TressrdValtHntrs
There is not a way to revert back to the previous one and I doubt that the devs would consider it, but there are multiple ways to talk about improvements in the suggestion threads in the forum! The admin are actively looking at what we think should be changed to make this change as smooth as it can be.
@TressrdValtHntrs
There is not a way to revert back to the previous one and I doubt that the devs would consider it, but there are multiple ways to talk about improvements in the suggestion threads in the forum! The admin are actively looking at what we think should be changed to make this change as smooth as it can be.
dct6cq2-114b1547-3fa8-4b5c-94f0-0fef4947daf3.png
@Astr0fish Well then I am very sadly disappointed with the changes, I find it impossible to manage, and I really don't feel like having to "start over" just because I have to learn all the new things. if they decide to put in some button that would active "Dinosaur mode" basically like a page view changer (similar to deviantart) then I'll gladly join the suggestion forum for this, if not then I guess it's kind of a lost cause, because of losing that nostalgia feeling flight rising always gave people upon seeing a dragon's profile or dragon cub, etc

new genetics and breed are totally awesome and I'm excited to see more, but the lay out is just a big no-no in my opinion
@Astr0fish Well then I am very sadly disappointed with the changes, I find it impossible to manage, and I really don't feel like having to "start over" just because I have to learn all the new things. if they decide to put in some button that would active "Dinosaur mode" basically like a page view changer (similar to deviantart) then I'll gladly join the suggestion forum for this, if not then I guess it's kind of a lost cause, because of losing that nostalgia feeling flight rising always gave people upon seeing a dragon's profile or dragon cub, etc

new genetics and breed are totally awesome and I'm excited to see more, but the lay out is just a big no-no in my opinion
@TressrdValtHntrs
I'm pretty sure they won't put in a dinosaur mode like DA because even DA ended up getting completely rid of the old layout after a while. I do feel like there are still some profile problems that they have worked through since the day that this has come out, which is good to see. It was a sudden change for all of us, but it is good to see that the admin is listening to our suggestions to make the new layout as pleasant as possible! The previous design before they changed it on the 24th of June was far more clunky than the one that we have now.
I do feel like the addition of scenes and the vistas in the dragon profile is nice and adds a lot of personality to the dragons themselves! Because of the new scenes and vistas, the old profiles are now 'obsolete' because they don't have room for the vistas or the backgrounds. If you have an idea to update the newer profiles to be more like the older profiles, you can create a suggestions forum about it!
@TressrdValtHntrs
I'm pretty sure they won't put in a dinosaur mode like DA because even DA ended up getting completely rid of the old layout after a while. I do feel like there are still some profile problems that they have worked through since the day that this has come out, which is good to see. It was a sudden change for all of us, but it is good to see that the admin is listening to our suggestions to make the new layout as pleasant as possible! The previous design before they changed it on the 24th of June was far more clunky than the one that we have now.
I do feel like the addition of scenes and the vistas in the dragon profile is nice and adds a lot of personality to the dragons themselves! Because of the new scenes and vistas, the old profiles are now 'obsolete' because they don't have room for the vistas or the backgrounds. If you have an idea to update the newer profiles to be more like the older profiles, you can create a suggestions forum about it!
dct6cq2-114b1547-3fa8-4b5c-94f0-0fef4947daf3.png

@Astr0fish
Yeah no I'm definitely stoked to know they're very compassionate about us and the site, so new additions are totally cool, I just feel like too many reboots can not be a good thing if you know what I mean? sometimes people just need a bit of a nostalgia that makes us go "ooooh I REMEMBER THaat" "omg I remember this old thaang I gotta return to it, it was super fun" kinda deals. Otherwise it's kind of really easy to get bored and hiatus more often.
Which is also why I'm back after pretty much forever 10 or 6 years ago.(Still looking to recover my 2 old accounts, completely forgot the email and password I registered them under so I'll try to find a free moment to contact the admin/support staff).

Personally I really don't care about scenes and stuff because It's not as important to me. My personal opinion on the Dragon's personality/character is more dependant on the player, and what they give their dragon or how they write it or what's their bio, etc. rather than BG image, but it's definitely a interesting idea, and I'm pretty sure huge amount of people are super into that.

I personally just like a little bit of an old-school feel that brings it all home is all, so I might actually try out the suggestion thread (even though high chances are people will say no no no).

It's really to each their own since we all have different opinions, pros and cons, but this is just what I think lol
I know young people (newer/fresher players) will be growing up with these reboots so they'll be more into that stuff rather than oldies like myself, cause it really rubs on ya wherever FR timeline you are.

@Astr0fish
Yeah no I'm definitely stoked to know they're very compassionate about us and the site, so new additions are totally cool, I just feel like too many reboots can not be a good thing if you know what I mean? sometimes people just need a bit of a nostalgia that makes us go "ooooh I REMEMBER THaat" "omg I remember this old thaang I gotta return to it, it was super fun" kinda deals. Otherwise it's kind of really easy to get bored and hiatus more often.
Which is also why I'm back after pretty much forever 10 or 6 years ago.(Still looking to recover my 2 old accounts, completely forgot the email and password I registered them under so I'll try to find a free moment to contact the admin/support staff).

Personally I really don't care about scenes and stuff because It's not as important to me. My personal opinion on the Dragon's personality/character is more dependant on the player, and what they give their dragon or how they write it or what's their bio, etc. rather than BG image, but it's definitely a interesting idea, and I'm pretty sure huge amount of people are super into that.

I personally just like a little bit of an old-school feel that brings it all home is all, so I might actually try out the suggestion thread (even though high chances are people will say no no no).

It's really to each their own since we all have different opinions, pros and cons, but this is just what I think lol
I know young people (newer/fresher players) will be growing up with these reboots so they'll be more into that stuff rather than oldies like myself, cause it really rubs on ya wherever FR timeline you are.
1 2 ... 207 208 209 210 211 212 213