Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 7th Anniversary: Dragon Profile Revamp
1 2 ... 205 206 207 208 209 ... 212 213
[color=#006ab8]@Astr0fish Hope you can help me figure out if I am missing something ^^ I just mean this whole generated area as the frame in scenic mode; sorry for the weird wording. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/508480799838830602/721206274406219816/unknown.png[/img] Yesterday, I could right click on it and get the URL, which ended like this "[b]H0Mg1usjEx1jAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png[/b]" but today, even if I do get it saved, the URL is some bizarre non-image extension like this [b]"blob:blob:htt[b][/b]ps//www[b][/b]1.fli[b][/b]ghtrising.c[b][/b]om/2d76d3b7-ec9c-400d-9553-cb18fb4de3b3"[/b] so I'm not sure if there's even a way to share the image onsite without uploading it somewhere else first? Just seems a bit cumbersome.
@Astr0fish Hope you can help me figure out if I am missing something ^^ I just mean this whole generated area as the frame in scenic mode; sorry for the weird wording.
unknown.png

Yesterday, I could right click on it and get the URL, which ended like this "H0Mg1usjEx1jAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png" but today, even if I do get it saved, the URL is some bizarre non-image extension like this "blob:blob:https//www1.flightrising.com/2d76d3b7-ec9c-400d-9553-cb18fb4de3b3" so I'm not sure if there's even a way to share the image onsite without uploading it somewhere else first? Just seems a bit cumbersome.
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!
@Natakiro I actually do not believe you can share images like that without uploading it to an image site. Sometimes my images on Imgur do the "blob:" starting URL. I don't know exactly what the "blob" prefix means but I know that it happens to me frequently when the image isn't fully uploaded to the site (or something like that). I would imagine that not being able to share the image on-site would be the case due to the code for the dragon and the scene itself are two different assets. The scenes work because the dragon and the scene are layered on top of each other to create the image. This is also probably why that some dragons are not exactly on the pedestal for some of the scenes since the image of the dragon is basically placed on the same spot for everyone, regardless of breed.[emoji=guardian deadpan size=1] I definitely agree that it's super cumbersome though! It would be nice to be able to share the image but I could see it being a problem for the devs due to the assets being on different 'layers'. (I'm no computer genius but I think that's what's going on?? Someone who has more brain cells correct me if I'm wrong.) However, I feel that if the devs find a way to save an image while making the image appear on a new tab rather than saving directly to the desktop, sharing the image directly on site should work. ((If this doesn't make sense please tell me and I can reiterate what Im trying to say!))
@Natakiro
I actually do not believe you can share images like that without uploading it to an image site. Sometimes my images on Imgur do the "blob:" starting URL. I don't know exactly what the "blob" prefix means but I know that it happens to me frequently when the image isn't fully uploaded to the site (or something like that).
I would imagine that not being able to share the image on-site would be the case due to the code for the dragon and the scene itself are two different assets. The scenes work because the dragon and the scene are layered on top of each other to create the image. This is also probably why that some dragons are not exactly on the pedestal for some of the scenes since the image of the dragon is basically placed on the same spot for everyone, regardless of breed.
I definitely agree that it's super cumbersome though! It would be nice to be able to share the image but I could see it being a problem for the devs due to the assets being on different 'layers'. (I'm no computer genius but I think that's what's going on?? Someone who has more brain cells correct me if I'm wrong.) However, I feel that if the devs find a way to save an image while making the image appear on a new tab rather than saving directly to the desktop, sharing the image directly on site should work.

((If this doesn't make sense please tell me and I can reiterate what Im trying to say!))
dct6cq2-114b1547-3fa8-4b5c-94f0-0fef4947daf3.png
[quote name="Deladria" date="2020-06-12 20:25:30" ] 10 am server time?? ***? I lost my chance to brew an anniversary scene because you couldn't give us 5 full days?? Very unhappy. [/quote] @Deladria Bud that sucks [emoji=guardian scared size=1]! Kinda feel like that's super unfair?? If they say there's a 5 day wait there should be a 5 day wait to brew it, and it should wait until the day is over Flight Rising time. Although the update did end at 10 on the 8th, it disadvantages some players who are not able to get to it by the end of the 5th day. This is something you could mention on the suggestions forum possibly??
Deladria wrote on 2020-06-12 20:25:30:
10 am server time?? ***? I lost my chance to brew an anniversary scene because you couldn't give us 5 full days?? Very unhappy.
@Deladria
Bud that sucks ! Kinda feel like that's super unfair?? If they say there's a 5 day wait there should be a 5 day wait to brew it, and it should wait until the day is over Flight Rising time. Although the update did end at 10 on the 8th, it disadvantages some players who are not able to get to it by the end of the 5th day.
This is something you could mention on the suggestions forum possibly??
[color=#006ab8]@Astr0fish Oh I know how they work - I actually do web coding and could recognize it just by Inspecting it, hence why I noticed that they changed the way they were generated (yesterday they had the "layers" done in a way like Vistas for forums where you could find the image URL to easily edit it, to preview vistas you don't own, for example. But now the scenic images are done like the coliseum through the "canvas" and you can't readily access the URLs anymore); I was just wondering if there was a way to share them without having to host it elsewhere first; seems not to be so, but thank you very much for confirming that - at least I'm just not missing something obvious, though! [emoji=tundra happy size=1] Maybe they will introduce a widget or something that can share them easier in the future? Only time will tell, since this is such a new feature.
@Astr0fish Oh I know how they work - I actually do web coding and could recognize it just by Inspecting it, hence why I noticed that they changed the way they were generated (yesterday they had the "layers" done in a way like Vistas for forums where you could find the image URL to easily edit it, to preview vistas you don't own, for example. But now the scenic images are done like the coliseum through the "canvas" and you can't readily access the URLs anymore); I was just wondering if there was a way to share them without having to host it elsewhere first; seems not to be so, but thank you very much for confirming that - at least I'm just not missing something obvious, though!

Maybe they will introduce a widget or something that can share them easier in the future? Only time will tell, since this is such a new feature.
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!
@Natakiro Alright okay good! I was worried that I wasn't making any sense haha! [emoji=guardian laughing size=1] Yeah hopefully! That seems like the best thing that they could do to share scenes. However, I don't think they'll do it sooner than later because putting a scene into an online host isn't extremely difficult (unless if you don't know how to). Definitely a good QOL update that they could add on in the future!
@Natakiro
Alright okay good! I was worried that I wasn't making any sense haha!
Yeah hopefully! That seems like the best thing that they could do to share scenes. However, I don't think they'll do it sooner than later because putting a scene into an online host isn't extremely difficult (unless if you don't know how to). Definitely a good QOL update that they could add on in the future!
@Astr0fish

Objectively, they did declare the end time. Just, I'm scattered and busy, and it didn't register, and I expected a full 5 days, not some arbitrary cut off. I mean, the Micro Holidays, I get, but this stated on a Monday, so why didn't it run through Friday? Through, not to. This drives me up the wall, especially when it makes me miss out on a retiring item I really wanted!
@Astr0fish

Objectively, they did declare the end time. Just, I'm scattered and busy, and it didn't register, and I expected a full 5 days, not some arbitrary cut off. I mean, the Micro Holidays, I get, but this stated on a Monday, so why didn't it run through Friday? Through, not to. This drives me up the wall, especially when it makes me miss out on a retiring item I really wanted!
pSn2GKM.png If you like them, please Like them!
@Deladria
Yeah it's totally legit to be angry about it. Previously before Galore was a part of the flightrising community it was so much easier to get these limited edition items and although Galore is nice, it would be much nicer to have a more reasonable time scheme in terms of getting items. Most things in life end at the end of the day in terms of online stuff, and having it end at 10 am is very awkward in terms of time.
@Deladria
Yeah it's totally legit to be angry about it. Previously before Galore was a part of the flightrising community it was so much easier to get these limited edition items and although Galore is nice, it would be much nicer to have a more reasonable time scheme in terms of getting items. Most things in life end at the end of the day in terms of online stuff, and having it end at 10 am is very awkward in terms of time.
Again thank you for everything you do. I have a nitpick: I don't feel 210 slots for dragons is enough. I collect and breed unusual ones and I would hate to have to pass on a dragon I love due to lack of space.
Again thank you for everything you do. I have a nitpick: I don't feel 210 slots for dragons is enough. I collect and breed unusual ones and I would hate to have to pass on a dragon I love due to lack of space.
dCQXZ7K.png Rz7ZJcJ.png tumblr_om0s1zHcTf1sy66rfo1_r1_250.png nBoOPgD.pngaY6JL11.gif
RiFGC7q.gif
RiFGC7q.gif
IS ANYONE ELSE HOPING WE'RE GOING TO GET SCENES FOR THIS YEAR OF FESTIVAL FAVORS? I JUST THOUGHT OF IT AND I'M TYPING IN CAPS.

Do need all the Fire Scenes omg. *_*
IS ANYONE ELSE HOPING WE'RE GOING TO GET SCENES FOR THIS YEAR OF FESTIVAL FAVORS? I JUST THOUGHT OF IT AND I'M TYPING IN CAPS.

Do need all the Fire Scenes omg. *_*
It's very good
It's very good
1 2 ... 205 206 207 208 209 ... 212 213