Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Ancient Fans & Underbelly
1 2 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
hyped for the fans gene!!!
hyped for the fans gene!!!
24699391_bHpOJyVs5JvINoe.png > they/he
> german
> goth
> fandom dragons
dco58ux-e51b8195-ff35-42e4-a20d-f0262e15dd63.gif
> artist
> in love with shapes
> joined 2013
> feel free to msg
dco58ux-e51b8195-ff35-42e4-a20d-f0262e15dd63.gif
Noice!
Noice!
[quote name="@worldpillar" date="2020-01-07 20:24:39" ] [quote name="TehuMertt" date="2020-01-07 19:23:09" ] [quote name="EarthTiger" date="2020-01-07 15:36:04" ] @/hungryhobbits Hehe I mean, technically who knows what evolution would do. Look at the freakin' platypus! But I do think, at the end of the day, dragons (at least FR's version) aren't really reptiles. But I like triple reptile, I'm going to use that! [/quote] Thank you, ily Okay, listen! I know it's a bit "weird" at first to see fans on a creature who is furry but.......hear me out on this......[i]bats[/i]. [i]Otters[/i]. [i]Platypi[/i]. They don't have fans (fins) like fish which are translucent or semi-translucent, and protrusions of the spine, or hands or feet. BUT, webbed body parts exist on mammals (marine mammals and even wolves who have been fishing for a long time), they exist on birds too (waterfowl and their webbed toes and Yi qi which is a prehistoric bird) and furry reptiles (Pterosauria). If you have a problem with fish-like fans on Gaoler, make it look like leather or soft skin in your lore instead. Please just give the Staff some slack, they don't deserve this sort of treatment. I have so much trouble with magic and nonsensical lore aspects but I just ignore them and make my own, it's really not that hard. [img]https://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/this-is-what-webbed-feet-are-for-graham-palmer.jpg[/img] [img]https://johnconway.co/images/medium/yi-qi.jpeg[/img] [right][i]art by John Conway[/i][/right] [img]https://i.imgur.com/JqW09BH.jpg[/img] [right][i]art by SaintNevermore[/i][/right] [/quote] if we wanna get into evolution these aren't the creatures to cite, as both come from temperate to tropical environments.... we have yet to see an arctic species like those you listed so. again. unrealistic. but overall it should belong to the Banes. end thesis. [/quote] I apologise if you didn't want to be pinged I know this topic is slightly outdated at the moment but I just stumbled upon this reply and... Penguins? They have webbed toes and their entire hands are turned into flippers. There were members of Pterosauria who lived in the far northern and cold environments such as Arcticodactylus or Cryodrakon borealis. Seals. They have webbed toes and hands as well, AND they are furry. I do agree that the Fans we see on the art are nonsensical and look "weird" but I'm just telling you that webbed limbs and similar are all over the place - tropical and arctic. Also, it won't hurt if you just don't use the Fans if you don't like it! The more, the merrier, no one's forcing you to do it AND some people will have something they love! I just think we need more love and less hate for something that is entirely optional.
@worldpillar wrote on 2020-01-07 20:24:39:
TehuMertt wrote on 2020-01-07 19:23:09:
EarthTiger wrote on 2020-01-07 15:36:04:
@/hungryhobbits Hehe I mean, technically who knows what evolution would do. Look at the freakin' platypus! But I do think, at the end of the day, dragons (at least FR's version) aren't really reptiles.

But I like triple reptile, I'm going to use that!

Thank you, ily

Okay, listen! I know it's a bit "weird" at first to see fans on a creature who is furry but.......hear me out on this......bats. Otters. Platypi.

They don't have fans (fins) like fish which are translucent or semi-translucent, and protrusions of the spine, or hands or feet. BUT, webbed body parts exist on mammals (marine mammals and even wolves who have been fishing for a long time), they exist on birds too (waterfowl and their webbed toes and Yi qi which is a prehistoric bird) and furry reptiles (Pterosauria). If you have a problem with fish-like fans on Gaoler, make it look like leather or soft skin in your lore instead. Please just give the Staff some slack, they don't deserve this sort of treatment. I have so much trouble with magic and nonsensical lore aspects but I just ignore them and make my own, it's really not that hard.

this-is-what-webbed-feet-are-for-graham-palmer.jpg
yi-qi.jpeg
art by John Conway
JqW09BH.jpg
art by SaintNevermore

if we wanna get into evolution these aren't the creatures to cite, as both come from temperate to tropical environments.... we have yet to see an arctic species like those you listed so. again. unrealistic.

but overall it should belong to the Banes. end thesis.

I apologise if you didn't want to be pinged

I know this topic is slightly outdated at the moment but I just stumbled upon this reply and... Penguins? They have webbed toes and their entire hands are turned into flippers. There were members of Pterosauria who lived in the far northern and cold environments such as Arcticodactylus or Cryodrakon borealis. Seals. They have webbed toes and hands as well, AND they are furry. I do agree that the Fans we see on the art are nonsensical and look "weird" but I'm just telling you that webbed limbs and similar are all over the place - tropical and arctic.
Also, it won't hurt if you just don't use the Fans if you don't like it! The more, the merrier, no one's forcing you to do it AND some people will have something they love! I just think we need more love and less hate for something that is entirely optional.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Cooool
Cooool
1 2 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60