Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Ancient Fans & Underbelly
1 2 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
wowie
wowie
[quote name="Coronation" date="2020-01-09 14:09:23" ] [quote name="Rangiku" date="2020-01-09 11:33:29" ] JFC, this is another prime example of how you cannot and will not please everyone. Why? Because there is /always/ someone looking for a reason to be angry over /something/. I don't care how you twist or turn it, watching people get their knickers in a twist over the most trivial of things is beyond disappointing. And when I say trivial or petty, I mean practically blowing your stack or even getting flustered to the point of spewing angry walls of text over something on a pixel game. It's completely ludicrous. Regardless if the subject of contention was over a mistake or not, there is no necessity in raising any pitchforks and turning from having a civil discussion into a practical witch hunt. You can try to mask it as however by saying "oh, people have a right to be angry," to "everyone deserves to have their opinion heard," to "the mods should have asked us first before doing that!" all you like, the outcome remains the same. It doesn't add to your credibility when you're frothing at the mouth while at the same time you're demanding to have your voice heard. There is also a difference between being civil when offering your criticism and acting as an outright heretic. [/quote] Why a lot of people are upset is because they spent actual money on gems to gene a dragon just for it to change suddenly and without warning into something entirely different. They gave real life money to this “pixel game” so I think they have the right to be upset. [/quote] Late response and all, but do you even begin to understand how many of us have actually plunked real money into this game and manage to /not/ get our knickers into a twist, or even have virtual meltdowns over it? Because one, I understand the weight and magnitude of what it must entail running a game with a huge player base and the demand that comes with it, and two, I don't feel the need to get so enraged that I have to act like a complete lunatic over mistakes either. Civility is a thing and there is a difference and losing your head and respectively stating your case. Regardless of stance, position or opinion, there are always people looking for something to rant on about because some people are not happy unless they do.
Coronation wrote on 2020-01-09 14:09:23:
Rangiku wrote on 2020-01-09 11:33:29:
JFC, this is another prime example of how you cannot and will not please everyone. Why? Because there is /always/ someone looking for a reason to be angry over /something/.

I don't care how you twist or turn it, watching people get their knickers in a twist over the most trivial of things is beyond disappointing. And when I say trivial or petty, I mean practically blowing your stack or even getting flustered to the point of spewing angry walls of text over something on a pixel game. It's completely ludicrous.

Regardless if the subject of contention was over a mistake or not, there is no necessity in raising any pitchforks and turning from having a civil discussion into a practical witch hunt. You can try to mask it as however by saying "oh, people have a right to be angry," to "everyone deserves to have their opinion heard," to "the mods should have asked us first before doing that!" all you like, the outcome remains the same. It doesn't add to your credibility when you're frothing at the mouth while at the same time you're demanding to have your voice heard.

There is also a difference between being civil when offering your criticism and acting as an outright heretic.

Why a lot of people are upset is because they spent actual money on gems to gene a dragon just for it to change suddenly and without warning into something entirely different.
They gave real life money to this “pixel game” so I think they have the right to be upset.

Late response and all, but do you even begin to understand how many of us have actually plunked real money into this game and manage to /not/ get our knickers into a twist, or even have virtual meltdowns over it? Because one, I understand the weight and magnitude of what it must entail running a game with a huge player base and the demand that comes with it, and two, I don't feel the need to get so enraged that I have to act like a complete lunatic over mistakes either.

Civility is a thing and there is a difference and losing your head and respectively stating your case.

Regardless of stance, position or opinion, there are always people looking for something to rant on about because some people are not happy unless they do.
Z9y97hI.pngfmncwKc.pngIIqCc0y.png
[quote name="Fishy" date="2020-01-09 22:28:11" ] [quote name="Rangiku" date="2020-01-09 11:33:29" ] JFC, this is another prime example of how you cannot and will not please everyone. Why? Because there is /always/ someone looking for a reason to be angry over /something/. I don't care how you twist or turn it, watching people get their knickers in a twist over the most trivial of things is beyond disappointing. And when I say trivial or petty, I mean practically blowing your stack or even getting flustered to the point of spewing angry walls of text over something on a pixel game. It's completely ludicrous. Regardless if the subject of contention was over a mistake or not, there is no necessity in raising any pitchforks and turning from having a civil discussion into a practical witch hunt. You can try to mask it as however by saying "oh, people have a right to be angry," to "everyone deserves to have their opinion heard," to "the mods should have asked us first before doing that!" all you like, the outcome remains the same. It doesn't add to your credibility when you're frothing at the mouth while at the same time you're demanding to have your voice heard. There is also a difference between being civil when offering your criticism and acting as an outright heretic. [/quote] Yeah this is the reason, I don't think I'm going to interact with this community anymore. People get toxic and angry over even the most positive of updates. FR has the most negative forum community I've ever witnessed on a site, and I was on neopets and gaia for a time. [/quote] Agreed, and it's not just the toxicity, it's just outlandish and unnecessary negativity along with ridiculous excuses that make it intolerable at times. I just have little to no patience for that kind of garbage and it makes it less enjoyable for those of us who know how to approach a situation respectfully. I've been on multitudes of sites like FR, and every one of those communities was just as equally negative and outlandish. It's generally one reason why I get weary with interacting with the rest of the player base because I don't like getting inadvertently sucked into those types of negative vortexes.
Fishy wrote on 2020-01-09 22:28:11:
JFC, this is another prime example of how you cannot and will not please everyone. Why? Because there is /always/ someone looking for a reason to be angry over /something/.

I don't care how you twist or turn it, watching people get their knickers in a twist over the most trivial of things is beyond disappointing. And when I say trivial or petty, I mean practically blowing your stack or even getting flustered to the point of spewing angry walls of text over something on a pixel game. It's completely ludicrous.

Regardless if the subject of contention was over a mistake or not, there is no necessity in raising any pitchforks and turning from having a civil discussion into a practical witch hunt. You can try to mask it as however by saying "oh, people have a right to be angry," to "everyone deserves to have their opinion heard," to "the mods should have asked us first before doing that!" all you like, the outcome remains the same. It doesn't add to your credibility when you're frothing at the mouth while at the same time you're demanding to have your voice heard.

There is also a difference between being civil when offering your criticism and acting as an outright heretic.

Yeah this is the reason, I don't think I'm going to interact with this community anymore. People get toxic and angry over even the most positive of updates. FR has the most negative forum community I've ever witnessed on a site, and I was on neopets and gaia for a time.

Agreed, and it's not just the toxicity, it's just outlandish and unnecessary negativity along with ridiculous excuses that make it intolerable at times. I just have little to no patience for that kind of garbage and it makes it less enjoyable for those of us who know how to approach a situation respectfully. I've been on multitudes of sites like FR, and every one of those communities was just as equally negative and outlandish.

It's generally one reason why I get weary with interacting with the rest of the player base because I don't like getting inadvertently sucked into those types of negative vortexes.
Z9y97hI.pngfmncwKc.pngIIqCc0y.png
As for me, the crest at the bottom reminds me of a ****. But I like it
As for me, the crest at the bottom reminds me of a ****. But I like it
cc0bb6df-8e45-43b1-a569-fbf5268ecce8.gif
nice
nice
Waystone1.gif
Somehow I failed to notice this until now. Not sure how I feel about Gaoler Fans.
Somehow I failed to notice this until now. Not sure how I feel about Gaoler Fans.
Wetdog | she/her | fr +3
[quote name="Rangiku" date="2020-01-12 00:58:10" ] [quote name="Coronation" date="2020-01-09 14:09:23" ] [quote name="Rangiku" date="2020-01-09 11:33:29" ] JFC, this is another prime example of how you cannot and will not please everyone. Why? Because there is /always/ someone looking for a reason to be angry over /something/. I don't care how you twist or turn it, watching people get their knickers in a twist over the most trivial of things is beyond disappointing. And when I say trivial or petty, I mean practically blowing your stack or even getting flustered to the point of spewing angry walls of text over something on a pixel game. It's completely ludicrous. Regardless if the subject of contention was over a mistake or not, there is no necessity in raising any pitchforks and turning from having a civil discussion into a practical witch hunt. You can try to mask it as however by saying "oh, people have a right to be angry," to "everyone deserves to have their opinion heard," to "the mods should have asked us first before doing that!" all you like, the outcome remains the same. It doesn't add to your credibility when you're frothing at the mouth while at the same time you're demanding to have your voice heard. There is also a difference between being civil when offering your criticism and acting as an outright heretic. [/quote] Why a lot of people are upset is because they spent actual money on gems to gene a dragon just for it to change suddenly and without warning into something entirely different. They gave real life money to this “pixel game” so I think they have the right to be upset. [/quote] Late response and all, but do you even begin to understand how many of us have actually plunked real money into this game and manage to /not/ get our knickers into a twist, or even have virtual meltdowns over it? Because one, I understand the weight and magnitude of what it must entail running a game with a huge player base and the demand that comes with it, and two, I don't feel the need to get so enraged that I have to act like a complete lunatic over mistakes either. Civility is a thing and there is a difference and losing your head and respectively stating your case. Regardless of stance, position or opinion, there are always people looking for something to rant on about because some people are not happy unless they do. [/quote] That's great for you, but people have a right to be annoyed when they *pay for a product* and that product *isn't what they asked for*. The fact that you are 100% okay with wasting your money is your problem, but other people are allowed to be like 'uhm, what the heck'. How on earth can you justify a MONTH LONG period where staff said NOTHING. This is their JOB. This isn't just a little hobby, they are making money off this. People are allowed to hold them responsible for their lack of communication. I feel like people would be less peeved off if the admins made a note saying "Hey! This gene is broken! We'll fix it soon!" Instead they said nothing. This is so disingenuous. A vast majority of the people who are mad are not acting like 'lunatics'. Stop with the bad faith strawman and understand that people voicing their frustrations in a blunt and disappointed way is not the same as someone losing their minds and demanding the staff be put on a witch's pyre or something. Asking for communication is not outlandish or an absurd request. Stop acting like it is.
Rangiku wrote on 2020-01-12 00:58:10:
Coronation wrote on 2020-01-09 14:09:23:

Why a lot of people are upset is because they spent actual money on gems to gene a dragon just for it to change suddenly and without warning into something entirely different.
They gave real life money to this “pixel game” so I think they have the right to be upset.

Late response and all, but do you even begin to understand how many of us have actually plunked real money into this game and manage to /not/ get our knickers into a twist, or even have virtual meltdowns over it? Because one, I understand the weight and magnitude of what it must entail running a game with a huge player base and the demand that comes with it, and two, I don't feel the need to get so enraged that I have to act like a complete lunatic over mistakes either.

Civility is a thing and there is a difference and losing your head and respectively stating your case.

Regardless of stance, position or opinion, there are always people looking for something to rant on about because some people are not happy unless they do.
That's great for you, but people have a right to be annoyed when they *pay for a product* and that product *isn't what they asked for*. The fact that you are 100% okay with wasting your money is your problem, but other people are allowed to be like 'uhm, what the heck'. How on earth can you justify a MONTH LONG period where staff said NOTHING. This is their JOB. This isn't just a little hobby, they are making money off this. People are allowed to hold them responsible for their lack of communication. I feel like people would be less peeved off if the admins made a note saying "Hey! This gene is broken! We'll fix it soon!" Instead they said nothing.

This is so disingenuous. A vast majority of the people who are mad are not acting like 'lunatics'. Stop with the bad faith strawman and understand that people voicing their frustrations in a blunt and disappointed way is not the same as someone losing their minds and demanding the staff be put on a witch's pyre or something. Asking for communication is not outlandish or an absurd request. Stop acting like it is.
swaggie2dope
Man, if only there was some way for staff to tell users they're going to change genes the moment they decide it needs to be fixed. I'm sure lots of players would be interested in that news or on that genes current status. But alas, if only such a system existed.

Sarcasm aside, I'm glad the art error was fixed, but an entire month without any indication of squiggle's and met/alloys problems to the wider userbase is unacceptable. I at least knew the genes were broken thanks to art error reports, but many others were not as lucky.
Man, if only there was some way for staff to tell users they're going to change genes the moment they decide it needs to be fixed. I'm sure lots of players would be interested in that news or on that genes current status. But alas, if only such a system existed.

Sarcasm aside, I'm glad the art error was fixed, but an entire month without any indication of squiggle's and met/alloys problems to the wider userbase is unacceptable. I at least knew the genes were broken thanks to art error reports, but many others were not as lucky.
1vAtYxM.png
3EXA1Nv.png
I want accessories now for the ancient breeds to be honest but now I can change genes on the ancient dragons too so YAY
I want accessories now for the ancient breeds to be honest but now I can change genes on the ancient dragons too so YAY
[emoji=gaoler happy size=1]
kV9q7M8.gif
1 2 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60