Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | New Tool: Game Database
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 92 93
[center][permalink][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/banner_sorniethisjustaseriesof0sand1sifyouthinkaboutit.png[/img][/permalink][/center] Have you ever wanted to know how or where an item can be [b]acquired[/b]? How about what it's [b]used for[/b]? Would it be helpful if you knew a [b]monster's level, stats, and elemental strengths and weaknesses[/b]? Are you looking for apparel or skins that have [b]specific gene colors[/b] in them? Well, we've got you covered in our newest on-site tool: the [b]Game Database[/b]! [center][permalink][b]Click here to learn more about today's update.[/b][/permalink][/center] [more] ------------- [size=5]New Tool: [b]Game Database[/b][/size] Data and wiki enthusiasts rejoice! The [i]Flight Rising[/i] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database][b]Game Database[/b][/url] is now live. This tool provides [b]accurate and useful information[/b] about every [b]item[/b], [b]monster[/b], or Coliseum [b]stage[/b] on the website. [size=4][b]Quick Search[/b][/size] Do you know what you're looking for already? Our powerful [b]quick search bar[/b] will help you get there! Simply [b]start typing[/b] in part of the item, monster, or stage's name and it will start producing results for you. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/prev_quicksearch.png[/img][/center] [size=4][b]Items[/b][/size] It is now possible to see detailed information about [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/items/food][b]every single item[/b][/url] on [i]Flight Rising[/i]. From the index search, you can perform the following actions: [LIST] [*]Search by item name [*]Search by item description [*]Search by item ID [*]Filter by item rarity [*]Filter by dragon gene colors found in the item's artwork [*]Filter by subcategories [*]Sort by item name, ID, or color coverage [/LIST] Each item's page expands upon its place in the [i]Flight Rising[/i] item ecosystem, including information like its [b]item ID, rarity, sell price, and categorical designation[/b]. In addition to that (and what we think players will find most useful), it will be possible to see the following information through a series of [b]tabs[/b] at the bottom of each page: [LIST] [*][b]Acquired by[/b]: This tab will display all the ways the item can be [b]acquired[/b] or created, whether it's through gathering, monster drops, or other game features (NOTE: Certain items that only appear during limited site events may not show this information until the event is active) [*][b]Used for:[/b] This tab will display all the ways in which the item is [b]used[/b]. For instance, this would include game features or actions that cause the item to be [b]consumed[/b], such as recipes or reagents at [b]Baldwin's Bubbling Brew[/b], trade goods for [b]Swipp's Swap Stand[/b], or [b]Hibernal Den[/b] slot unlock tasks. [*][b]Contents[/b]: If the item is a [b]container[/b], this tab will tell you what it [b]contains[/b]. For containers with randomized contents, it will show you what it [i]may[/i] contain. [*][b]Gene Colors[/b]: This tab will list all of the dragon [b]gene colors[/b] that are most prominent in the item's artwork, listed by coverage percentage. We felt this would be especially useful for players looking to match apparel, skins, or familiars to their dragons based on gene coloration. [/LIST] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/prev_databasetabs.gif[/img][/center] [size=4][b]Monsters & Stages[/b][/size] In addition to items, we've also catalogued all Coliseum [b]monsters[/b] and [b]stages[/b] in much the same kind of format, and it's easy to jump between all three using links. For [b]monsters[/b], it is possible to see the following information: [LIST] [*]Where the monster appears [*]The monster's level [*]The monster's base XP [*]The monster's element [*]The monster's stats [*]The array of elements that the monster is strong or weak against [*]What items the monster may drop when defeated [/LIST] For [b]stages[/b], it is possible to see the following information: [LIST] [*]The stage's level range/band [*]The monsters found in the stage [/LIST] While we were developing the Game Database we also took the opportunity to [b]streamline the backend systems that manage Coliseum loot drops[/b] to vastly improve quality of life for our content creation team. In the vast majority of cases, loot items that were formerly assigned to drop on a [b]unique basis per monster[/b] have been modified to drop [b]more generally across a wider array of enemies based parameters like their level, element, or stage[/b]. This significantly improves the ongoing Coliseum content development process for our team. For example, rather than [i]X Monster drops an item[/i], a process our content creators had to input manually for [i]each item[/i] every time a new enemy was created, we can now utilize our tools to tell the system that [i]All monsters in Volcanic Vents drop X item[/i]. That being said, here are some updates we made to loot drops that make them more [b]universal[/b] and [b]predictable[/b]: [LIST] [*][b]Battle Stone[/b] items drop based on the enemy's [b]element[/b] and [b]level[/b]. [*][b]Dragon Eggs[/b] and [b]runestones[/b] all drop from their corresponding [b]elements[/b]. [*][b]Stage-exclusive items[/b] such as apparel and forum vistas now utilize the above approach. [*][b]Health potions[/b] have a chance to drop from [b]all enemies[/b], and the size of the health potion is based on the stage the monster is found in. [/LIST] Generally speaking, this leads to more non-unique items being available in more places. Items unique to monsters (such as specific types of food or associated familiars) will be unchanged. [i](NOTE: Due to the above changes, our existing Encyclopedia pages for each Coliseum stage are out of date, as they were based on items being dropped by specific monsters rather than specific conditions. The information shown in the Game Database "Acquired by" tab should be the most accurate reflection of what each monster has the capability of dropping.)[/i] [size=4][b]Additional Functions[/b][/size] Beyond item, monster, and stage information, we've added a few additional tools we though may be useful. [b]Comments Tab[/b] We think that every good community benefits from the ability to collaborate and communicate with one another effectively. To further encourage that, we've added a [b]Comments tab[/b] to each page in the Game Database so that players can share [b]helpful information and anecdotes[/b] with one another. [i](NOTE: The comments tab has special posting rules, so please make sure to read them carefully beforehand)[/i] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/prev_databasecomments002.png[/img][/center] [b]Jump to Auction House[/b] On applicable Game Database pages, you can click a button at the top of the page to perform [b]an instant search (Realm-wide) for the given item[/b]. This search will open in a new browser tab so as not to disrupt your database browsing. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/prev_databaseahjump.png[/img][/center] [b]Share: New In-line BBCode Widget[/b] As we continue to add new tools and features, we do our best to integrate helpful [b]BBCode functions[/b] into the communication-driven aspects of the website. With the launch of the Game Database, we've created the ability to add a database entry as an [b]"in-line" widget[/b]. These widgets can then be clicked to bring up that entry's page in the Game Database in another tab. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/prev_databaseshare.png[/img][/center] [b]In-line[/b], for those that don't know, means that the widget will fit in seamlessly with the flow of paragraph text. In fact, here's an example: [quote] [center][i]How doth the little[/i] [gamedb item=105] [i]Improve each shining hour, And gather[/i] [gamedb item=2413] [i]all the day From every[/i] [gamedb item=2044] [/center] [/quote] [size=1][i](Xhaz: "I'm a game developer, not a poet")[/i][/size] [b]Favorites[/b] Are there certain items or monsters that you'd like to locate quickly later? You can add them to your [b]Favorites[/b] by clicking the star button. These database entries will display differently on searches, and it's possible to easily pull them all up by setting your search Display Type to "Favorites". [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/prev_databasefavorites001.png[/img][/center] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/prev_databasefavorites002.png[/img][/center] [b]Find Information Quickly[/b] To discover item details more easily, direct links to [b]specific Game Database pages and sections[/b] have been added to [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=hoard]Hoard[/url], [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=market]Marketplace[/url], [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/auction-house]Auction House[/url], and [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/bestiary]Bestiary[/url] pages. Just look for the new [emoji=information size=1] icon and start exploring!
banner_sorniethisjustaseriesof0sand1sifyouthinkaboutit.png

Have you ever wanted to know how or where an item can be acquired? How about what it's used for? Would it be helpful if you knew a monster's level, stats, and elemental strengths and weaknesses? Are you looking for apparel or skins that have specific gene colors in them? Well, we've got you covered in our newest on-site tool: the Game Database!

New Tool: Game Database

Data and wiki enthusiasts rejoice! The Flight Rising Game Database is now live. This tool provides accurate and useful information about every item, monster, or Coliseum stage on the website.

Quick Search

Do you know what you're looking for already? Our powerful quick search bar will help you get there! Simply start typing in part of the item, monster, or stage's name and it will start producing results for you.

prev_quicksearch.png

Items

It is now possible to see detailed information about every single item on Flight Rising. From the index search, you can perform the following actions:

• Search by item name
  • Search by item description
  • Search by item ID
  • Filter by item rarity
  • Filter by dragon gene colors found in the item's artwork
  • Filter by subcategories
  • Sort by item name, ID, or color coverage

Each item's page expands upon its place in the Flight Rising item ecosystem, including information like its item ID, rarity, sell price, and categorical designation. In addition to that (and what we think players will find most useful), it will be possible to see the following information through a series of tabs at the bottom of each page:

• Acquired by: This tab will display all the ways the item can be acquired or created, whether it's through gathering, monster drops, or other game features (NOTE: Certain items that only appear during limited site events may not show this information until the event is active)
  • Used for: This tab will display all the ways in which the item is used. For instance, this would include game features or actions that cause the item to be consumed, such as recipes or reagents at Baldwin's Bubbling Brew, trade goods for Swipp's Swap Stand, or Hibernal Den slot unlock tasks.
  • Contents: If the item is a container, this tab will tell you what it contains. For containers with randomized contents, it will show you what it may contain.
  • Gene Colors: This tab will list all of the dragon gene colors that are most prominent in the item's artwork, listed by coverage percentage. We felt this would be especially useful for players looking to match apparel, skins, or familiars to their dragons based on gene coloration.

prev_databasetabs.gif

Monsters & Stages

In addition to items, we've also catalogued all Coliseum monsters and stages in much the same kind of format, and it's easy to jump between all three using links.

For monsters, it is possible to see the following information:

• Where the monster appears
  • The monster's level
  • The monster's base XP
  • The monster's element
  • The monster's stats
  • The array of elements that the monster is strong or weak against
  • What items the monster may drop when defeated

For stages, it is possible to see the following information:

• The stage's level range/band
  • The monsters found in the stage

While we were developing the Game Database we also took the opportunity to streamline the backend systems that manage Coliseum loot drops to vastly improve quality of life for our content creation team. In the vast majority of cases, loot items that were formerly assigned to drop on a unique basis per monster have been modified to drop more generally across a wider array of enemies based parameters like their level, element, or stage. This significantly improves the ongoing Coliseum content development process for our team.

For example, rather than X Monster drops an item, a process our content creators had to input manually for each item every time a new enemy was created, we can now utilize our tools to tell the system that All monsters in Volcanic Vents drop X item.

That being said, here are some updates we made to loot drops that make them more universal and predictable:

• Battle Stone items drop based on the enemy's element and level.
  • Dragon Eggs and runestones all drop from their corresponding elements.
  • Stage-exclusive items such as apparel and forum vistas now utilize the above approach.
  • Health potions have a chance to drop from all enemies, and the size of the health potion is based on the stage the monster is found in.

Generally speaking, this leads to more non-unique items being available in more places. Items unique to monsters (such as specific types of food or associated familiars) will be unchanged.

(NOTE: Due to the above changes, our existing Encyclopedia pages for each Coliseum stage are out of date, as they were based on items being dropped by specific monsters rather than specific conditions. The information shown in the Game Database "Acquired by" tab should be the most accurate reflection of what each monster has the capability of dropping.)

Additional Functions

Beyond item, monster, and stage information, we've added a few additional tools we though may be useful.

Comments Tab

We think that every good community benefits from the ability to collaborate and communicate with one another effectively. To further encourage that, we've added a Comments tab to each page in the Game Database so that players can share helpful information and anecdotes with one another. (NOTE: The comments tab has special posting rules, so please make sure to read them carefully beforehand)
prev_databasecomments002.png

Jump to Auction House

On applicable Game Database pages, you can click a button at the top of the page to perform an instant search (Realm-wide) for the given item. This search will open in a new browser tab so as not to disrupt your database browsing.
prev_databaseahjump.png

Share: New In-line BBCode Widget

As we continue to add new tools and features, we do our best to integrate helpful BBCode functions into the communication-driven aspects of the website. With the launch of the Game Database, we've created the ability to add a database entry as an "in-line" widget. These widgets can then be clicked to bring up that entry's page in the Game Database in another tab.
prev_databaseshare.png

In-line, for those that don't know, means that the widget will fit in seamlessly with the flow of paragraph text. In fact, here's an example:

Quote:
How doth the little Honeybee
Improve each shining hour,
And gather
Honeycomb Fragment all the day
From every
Fire Flower

(Xhaz: "I'm a game developer, not a poet")

Favorites

Are there certain items or monsters that you'd like to locate quickly later? You can add them to your Favorites by clicking the star button. These database entries will display differently on searches, and it's possible to easily pull them all up by setting your search Display Type to "Favorites".
prev_databasefavorites001.png
prev_databasefavorites002.png

Find Information Quickly

To discover item details more easily, direct links to specific Game Database pages and sections have been added to Hoard, Marketplace, Auction House, and Bestiary pages. Just look for the new icon and start exploring!
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
Oh thank GOODNESS! Something onsite than a wiki, thank you!!

Edit: bbcode! Favorites! This is so great and I'm glad this feature is hauled out aaaa
Oh thank GOODNESS! Something onsite than a wiki, thank you!!

Edit: bbcode! Favorites! This is so great and I'm glad this feature is hauled out aaaa
3u37mIB.png
What the heck!! I just noticed this, it's fantastic!
What the heck!! I just noticed this, it's fantastic!
hkazXyz.png
- he/him
- 25 y/o
- bird nerd
- pings + random frq ok!
52qPuy7.png
thank you!! this is super helpful :D
thank you!! this is super helpful :D
7odDSu3.pngQNDaGpC.pnghUMrDFx.gif
Yoooo, this looks neat!
Yoooo, this looks neat!
rE6JzVU.png
oooo cool!

edit: I wonder if this is why "archivists" was the dragon share theme this week? either way, I love this update so much omg
oooo cool!

edit: I wonder if this is why "archivists" was the dragon share theme this week? either way, I love this update so much omg
~~BABYYYY.png~ ~
@ aeons ~
» avatar | fandragons | art instagram
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
art_search_button_ii_i.png
art_shop_button_ii_i.png
i love this sm
i love this sm
OMG finally...
OMG finally...
AoZdhkp.png
This is awsome! Thank you

edit: Now I can use some of the Gif Familiars in some bios now!
This is awsome! Thank you

edit: Now I can use some of the Gif Familiars in some bios now!
Glitch_Shifters.pngYuanan.pngVinny.png
nice..
nice..
A school of pastel-colored ASCII fish!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 92 93