Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | New Tool: Game Database
1 2 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93
Suggestion: Share: New In-line BBCode Widget Could you also include the item= code as well in that drop-down? Right now we have: URL : https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/item/11292 Widget: Inline link [gamedb item=11292] I'd like these options: URL : https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/item/11292 Widget: Inline link [gamedb item=11292] Image + Tooltip: [item=bioluminescent tail] That gives a user more options for how they want to present an item, as a standalone image, a link to, or a database in-line cite.
Suggestion:

Share: New In-line BBCode Widget

Could you also include the item= code as well in that drop-down?

Right now we have:

URL : https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/item/11292
Widget: Inline link Bioluminescent Tail

I'd like these options:

URL : https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/item/11292
Widget: Inline link Bioluminescent Tail
Image + Tooltip: Bioluminescent Tail

That gives a user more options for how they want to present an item, as a standalone image, a link to, or a database in-line cite.

Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
This is super helpful for gathering specific items! Thank you!
This is super helpful for gathering specific items! Thank you!
Keep smilin! :)
Thank you for adding the item icon tag!

Suggestion:

Identify where 'Trinkets' go in the DB search

For example, when searching the Amber-Trapped Fly, it is identified as a Trinket in the side list. However, there is no Trinket section of the Hoard/Vault and I've ALWAYS had issues trying to remember where Trinkets/Organics/Dragonmade Materials go sometimes.

Especially as new items get added to the game.

Ex, Salt and Sand are Materials (makes sense, they're Mineral & Ores), but so are Sinew Nets, which are Dragonmade Material but drop from coli enemies; Leopard Coralclimber Toxin is an Organic Material in Materials, but Bottled Embers are Trinkets in Other.

It looks like everything that's listed as a Trinket is in Other, but things that look like trinkets are Organic Materials instead, such as the Clay Painted Pot or Primary Pigment Blend.

So perhaps if a given item is a Trinket but in the Materials tab it could be labeled Trinket / Materials. If it's an Organic item but in Other it would be Organic / Other.
All the Chests/Crate/Coli Skin items would be Chest/Other

That would just help going from the DB to the correct tab to start hunting in my Hoard/Vault a great deal smoother.
Thank you for adding the item icon tag!

Suggestion:

Identify where 'Trinkets' go in the DB search

For example, when searching the Amber-Trapped Fly, it is identified as a Trinket in the side list. However, there is no Trinket section of the Hoard/Vault and I've ALWAYS had issues trying to remember where Trinkets/Organics/Dragonmade Materials go sometimes.

Especially as new items get added to the game.

Ex, Salt and Sand are Materials (makes sense, they're Mineral & Ores), but so are Sinew Nets, which are Dragonmade Material but drop from coli enemies; Leopard Coralclimber Toxin is an Organic Material in Materials, but Bottled Embers are Trinkets in Other.

It looks like everything that's listed as a Trinket is in Other, but things that look like trinkets are Organic Materials instead, such as the Clay Painted Pot or Primary Pigment Blend.

So perhaps if a given item is a Trinket but in the Materials tab it could be labeled Trinket / Materials. If it's an Organic item but in Other it would be Organic / Other.
All the Chests/Crate/Coli Skin items would be Chest/Other

That would just help going from the DB to the correct tab to start hunting in my Hoard/Vault a great deal smoother.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
The database is missing some things. For example, the Herdbeast Hoof is a component of a Swipp Trade. But the Database doesn't have that information in the uses for it. And the info for the Tawny Antlers, which is what the trade is for, says it's in the treasure marketplace.

Did some items get taken out of Swipp? Because I don't remember an announcement about that. And if so, you might want to update the Encyclopedia entry for Swipp.
The database is missing some things. For example, the Herdbeast Hoof is a component of a Swipp Trade. But the Database doesn't have that information in the uses for it. And the info for the Tawny Antlers, which is what the trade is for, says it's in the treasure marketplace.

Did some items get taken out of Swipp? Because I don't remember an announcement about that. And if so, you might want to update the Encyclopedia entry for Swipp.
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2897429/7#post_44529631
The Game Database is the single best improvement to my enjoyment of this site! I love being able to *find* things, but most of all I love getting things out of my hoard that I realize I don’t need anymore, but that other people still need! More than anything else, I enjoy helping other people.

Even more than writing FR canon-consistent lore, my other huge love here.
The Game Database is the single best improvement to my enjoyment of this site! I love being able to *find* things, but most of all I love getting things out of my hoard that I realize I don’t need anymore, but that other people still need! More than anything else, I enjoy helping other people.

Even more than writing FR canon-consistent lore, my other huge love here.
All Nest Rentals - 5g/5kt and 40 food pls
0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.gif
This is one of the best things you guys have ever done! Long overdue and super duper welcome. Thanks for all your hard work!
This is one of the best things you guys have ever done! Long overdue and super duper welcome. Thanks for all your hard work!
Oh Heck! This is going to be hella useful!!
Oh Heck! This is going to be hella useful!!
shadowf2.pngshadowvs1.pngiiaMf9J.pngLuwwl93.pngshadowvs1.pngshadowf1.png
Wow.... This should be closed now. old news. :(
Wow.... This should be closed now. old news. :(
1 2 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93