Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Developer Update - Coliseum PVP
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 40 41
As always, clanbound features are bad ideas, and clanbound apparel is no exception. What if you’re just simply not interested in PvP? You shouldn’t be punished for not playing one little part of a game. It’s pretty unfair to those who don’t play, and if you earn clanbound apparel by climbing ranks, then that’s even worse. I understand it’s an incentive to play, but take Baldwin for an example— leveling up your cauldron is incentive, but all items are still sellable and accessible to those who don’t have higher cauldron levels.

So many problems in the past year or so have come up from features being inaccessible to certain groups of players on the site (eyes, ancient breeds / no apparel, etc) so to prevent that, it should be sellable at the very least.
As always, clanbound features are bad ideas, and clanbound apparel is no exception. What if you’re just simply not interested in PvP? You shouldn’t be punished for not playing one little part of a game. It’s pretty unfair to those who don’t play, and if you earn clanbound apparel by climbing ranks, then that’s even worse. I understand it’s an incentive to play, but take Baldwin for an example— leveling up your cauldron is incentive, but all items are still sellable and accessible to those who don’t have higher cauldron levels.

So many problems in the past year or so have come up from features being inaccessible to certain groups of players on the site (eyes, ancient breeds / no apparel, etc) so to prevent that, it should be sellable at the very least.
yahahahactoWWO2.png yahaha
[quote name="Xhaztol" date="2019-08-21 10:30:09" ] If we go with an idea like this, that probably isn't how we would make it work, because that's fairly prohibitive. It's more likely that we would allow the majority of players to make incremental progress (via either a special currency or something similar) to acquire these items. It wouldn't be elite/prestige gear that only the ladder toppers would have access to. It's possible they may be able to get it [i]faster[/i], but not exclusively. [/quote] ooo, so a reward progress thing? nice
Xhaztol wrote on 2019-08-21 10:30:09:
If we go with an idea like this, that probably isn't how we would make it work, because that's fairly prohibitive. It's more likely that we would allow the majority of players to make incremental progress (via either a special currency or something similar) to acquire these items. It wouldn't be elite/prestige gear that only the ladder toppers would have access to. It's possible they may be able to get it faster, but not exclusively.

ooo, so a reward progress thing? nice
nqvWszd.pngLycaon1765p.gifsVQ6W82.pngCoEXf1M.png
We're [i]finally[/i] getting new battle themed apparel and.. its pvp only. [i]And[/i] you can't buy it from others. I must admit that's the first update I'm disappointed with; I'm so tired of being "forced" to do pvp in games... But I have faith that the staff will at least make the apparel accessible in low ranks so that most people will have a chance to get them[emoji=ridgeback happy size=1]
We're finally getting new battle themed apparel and.. its pvp only. And you can't buy it from others.
I must admit that's the first update I'm disappointed with; I'm so tired of being "forced" to do pvp in games...

But I have faith that the staff will at least make the apparel accessible in low ranks so that most people will have a chance to get them
tEuv4LK.pngGeiHKve.pngcjJUXWk.png
> The Eliminate ability cannot be used. [Bogsneak Scared] [Bogsneak Winking]

OH BOI YES

I am smelling a new meta coming!
> The Eliminate ability cannot be used. [Bogsneak Scared] [Bogsneak Winking]

OH BOI YES

I am smelling a new meta coming!
plagueanim1.gif
FR+9 | cQS6PnX.png | german
FObX7rS.png
- No voice to cry suffering. -
No random friend requests
_______
__
f44Zu0R.gif

Is battling going to be like regular coli, where one dragon chooses and uses a skill at a time, or is it going to be Pokemon-esque where every dragon chooses a skill and then the turn starts?
Is battling going to be like regular coli, where one dragon chooses and uses a skill at a time, or is it going to be Pokemon-esque where every dragon chooses a skill and then the turn starts?
left_anim_a.gif adoptables.png
art_shop.png
skin_shop.png
info.png tumblr.png
dragcave.png
I'm so glad PvP is coming back... I missed it.

It was fun to casually fistfight your friends and laugh about it. Try out weird builds, stuff like that.

Can't wait for my friend to get a boolean so that I can punch his boolean with a podid. I can even bring other friends in to cheer us on.

10/10
I'm so glad PvP is coming back... I missed it.

It was fun to casually fistfight your friends and laugh about it. Try out weird builds, stuff like that.

Can't wait for my friend to get a boolean so that I can punch his boolean with a podid. I can even bring other friends in to cheer us on.

10/10
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
Ah, I'm so excited!
Ah, I'm so excited!
AZOFNjv.png
Gotta start training dragons [emoji=gaoler sleepy size=2]
Gotta start training dragons
T2L4bvz.png XmHV7tO.png
DoQJ9XF.png
hUchsi0.png
tbKf2X5.png
kf4dDFx.png
5hF3FGk.png
PiAyg8i.png
pvp scares me
pvp scares me
Ooh, this sounds intriguing! Plus I really like the idea of improving anticipate. A 50% increase in enemies hitting an anticipating dragon would be wonderful.
Ooh, this sounds intriguing! Plus I really like the idea of improving anticipate. A 50% increase in enemies hitting an anticipating dragon would be wonderful.
ZryO5nF.pngW38Mj4I.pngU15OJEU.pngywWF0OY.pngZryO5nF.png
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 40 41