Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Dragon Breed Development
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 158 159
[quote name="Akiri" date="2019-04-15 06:50:37" ] [quote name="Emberglo" date="2019-04-15 06:39:47" ] Sounds exciting. My question is: Will Akiri be the developer on an Ancient Breed? [/quote] @/Emberglo Of course, but I'm not allowed near the art. [/quote] I can imagine why xD
Akiri wrote on 2019-04-15 06:50:37:
Emberglo wrote on 2019-04-15 06:39:47:
Sounds exciting. My question is: Will Akiri be the developer on an Ancient Breed?

@/Emberglo Of course, but I'm not allowed near the art.
I can imagine why xD
J7D1quC.png
0zy2W7P.png
LEpJMnn.png
jA5A7gu.png
This sounds interesting, but I really don't think it can hurt to slow down apparel and gene releases.

A new gene just has felt like that. Another gene. Ever since there have been monthly gene releases, I just can't be excited for them.

Same with apparel. It is just more apparel. I understand wanting to deliver regular updates, but to me, the excitement of there being something new is just gone.

I really want a new breed. I am curious about ancient breeds, but I am not sure I will like them. There can be various lore made around them, I am sure. But is this in itself not taking artists away from doing other things?
This sounds interesting, but I really don't think it can hurt to slow down apparel and gene releases.

A new gene just has felt like that. Another gene. Ever since there have been monthly gene releases, I just can't be excited for them.

Same with apparel. It is just more apparel. I understand wanting to deliver regular updates, but to me, the excitement of there being something new is just gone.

I really want a new breed. I am curious about ancient breeds, but I am not sure I will like them. There can be various lore made around them, I am sure. But is this in itself not taking artists away from doing other things?
407Ohsj.png
Super super happy to hear you're avoiding crunch. Genius idea behind Ancient breeds to appease our ravenous need for new content. Excellent notion to give us more transparency (this is always a good thing in game development, you've seen what's happened to WoW with Ion being such a jerk, everyone hates him).

All around thumbs up to the dev team here at Stormlight, thanks a lot for the pile of info, updates and fantastic news.

Ancient Breeds looks totally fantastic. So excited!!!!
Super super happy to hear you're avoiding crunch. Genius idea behind Ancient breeds to appease our ravenous need for new content. Excellent notion to give us more transparency (this is always a good thing in game development, you've seen what's happened to WoW with Ion being such a jerk, everyone hates him).

All around thumbs up to the dev team here at Stormlight, thanks a lot for the pile of info, updates and fantastic news.

Ancient Breeds looks totally fantastic. So excited!!!!
tDZwhXx.pngeAQ7Lz1.pngaLJKVnC.pngFi2K3D1.pnghqBbv0q.png8Bgo3kR.pngXOxAM9X.pngs0RMySq.gifNzTHVja.pngUMYiOz6.png

BJ6ik2C.png
Thousands of claps for your team, FR. I love the ancient dragon system, it seems very, very, very potential. You guys deserve all the time to rest because the work that you do with FR is just perfect and unique. I can not even imagine how hard it should be to programming and draw for the new breeds, it's amazing that you can do that by maintaining quality and releasing solid content.

Keep the good job and don't forget, you guys don't need to work 24/7. This release delay is perfectly understandable.
Thousands of claps for your team, FR. I love the ancient dragon system, it seems very, very, very potential. You guys deserve all the time to rest because the work that you do with FR is just perfect and unique. I can not even imagine how hard it should be to programming and draw for the new breeds, it's amazing that you can do that by maintaining quality and releasing solid content.

Keep the good job and don't forget, you guys don't need to work 24/7. This release delay is perfectly understandable.
VsoSnU5.png
[quote name="Cethosia" date="2019-04-15 06:51:43" ] This sounds interesting, but I really don't think it can hurt to slow down apparel and gene releases. A new gene just has felt like that. Another gene. Ever since there have been monthly gene releases, I just can't be excited for them. Same with apparel. It is just more apparel. I understand wanting to deliver regular updates, but to me, the excitement of there being something new is just gone. I really want a new breed. I am curious about ancient breeds, but I am not sure I will like them. There can be various lore made around them, I am sure. But is this in itself not taking artists away from doing other things? [/quote] Yeah this is some of what I was thinking too, and we haven't exactly gotten a fairground game in a while either, not since G&G.
Cethosia wrote on 2019-04-15 06:51:43:

Yeah this is some of what I was thinking too, and we haven't exactly gotten a fairground game in a while either, not since G&G.
Ping me pretty please! I love seeing responses!
This is such a thoughtful update! I'm excited to get into making skins and accents for new breeds :D
This is such a thoughtful update! I'm excited to get into making skins and accents for new breeds :D
they/it

art | skins | links | about
Oh I’m really excited! I wonder how we will get gen1s?
Ancient dragon eggs :D
Oh I’m really excited! I wonder how we will get gen1s?
Ancient dragon eggs :D
E5NiyJY.png
This is all super-exciting!

Major love and respect for valuing devs' well-being so highly and working to avoid crunch-related stress. <3

Much love and excitement also for everything you've teased thus far about Ancient Breeds -- it looks like a fantastic and exciting way to shake up new breed-related content without burning yourselves out too much (hopefully!). Can't wait to see more!
This is all super-exciting!

Major love and respect for valuing devs' well-being so highly and working to avoid crunch-related stress. <3

Much love and excitement also for everything you've teased thus far about Ancient Breeds -- it looks like a fantastic and exciting way to shake up new breed-related content without burning yourselves out too much (hopefully!). Can't wait to see more!
DSfRuAQ.png
OHHH MY GOOOD
I AM SO HYPED I CANT
OHHH MY GOOOD
I AM SO HYPED I CANT
I'm super excited! [emoji=new friend]
I'm super excited!
gNtNgvw.png
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 158 159