Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Dragon Breed Development
1 2 ... 114 115 116 117 118 ... 158 159
As much as the idea of the ancient breeds being kinda limited in some ways rubs me the wrong way, I have to applaud the way you implemented them. You found a clever and non-intrusive way to introduce them into the lore of Sornieth while being able to design them and implement them more quickly into the website than the "modern" dragon breeds. Not to mention your philosophy as a company to avoid treating the employees as robots who need no break and have to put a month's load of work into a day is very forward-thinking and admirable. Especially when it comes to the gaming industry as a whole having an infamous reputation of driving its workers into depression and other mental illnesses due to the back-breaking work and the constant deadlines to fulfill. As a consumer of your product I'll gladly dial back my needs and expectations of quickly receiving new content from you guys (and gaming companies as a whole!) if it means saving the workers' sanity and improving their overall quality of life at work. Thank you for being transparent about your progress on the game's elements and I look forward to the progress updates you mentioned will be in the future. Transparency certainly takes the edge off of waiting for new things. (at least for me! ^^) Hope you and anyone else who reads this has a wonderful day! [emoji=guardian happy] TL;DR This update is pretty awesome and thanks for looking out for your employees! [emoji=guardian laughing]
As much as the idea of the ancient breeds being kinda limited in some ways rubs me the wrong way, I have to applaud the way you implemented them. You found a clever and non-intrusive way to introduce them into the lore of Sornieth while being able to design them and implement them more quickly into the website than the "modern" dragon breeds. Not to mention your philosophy as a company to avoid treating the employees as robots who need no break and have to put a month's load of work into a day is very forward-thinking and admirable. Especially when it comes to the gaming industry as a whole having an infamous reputation of driving its workers into depression and other mental illnesses due to the back-breaking work and the constant deadlines to fulfill. As a consumer of your product I'll gladly dial back my needs and expectations of quickly receiving new content from you guys (and gaming companies as a whole!) if it means saving the workers' sanity and improving their overall quality of life at work. Thank you for being transparent about your progress on the game's elements and I look forward to the progress updates you mentioned will be in the future. Transparency certainly takes the edge off of waiting for new things. (at least for me! ^^) Hope you and anyone else who reads this has a wonderful day!

TL;DR This update is pretty awesome and thanks for looking out for your employees!
I legit SCREAMED when I read up on Ancient Dragons, GOD YES. So absolutely excited for this!! I'm also extremely happy that Ancient Dragons will have breed change scrolls, because I might change some of my faves in my lair into them. Also... Wyvern dragons? WYVERN DRAGONS. WYYYVERRRNNN. Y E S . (Also x2, thank you for your transparency about FR's development, and especially thank you for making your work environment the best it can be for your employees!! The fact that you wonderful folks take their health, both physical and psychological, into account is amazing. I hope you'll inspire future companies to be the same! [emoji=heart])
I legit SCREAMED when I read up on Ancient Dragons, GOD YES. So absolutely excited for this!! I'm also extremely happy that Ancient Dragons will have breed change scrolls, because I might change some of my faves in my lair into them.

Also... Wyvern dragons? WYVERN DRAGONS. WYYYVERRRNNN. Y E S .

(Also x2, thank you for your transparency about FR's development, and especially thank you for making your work environment the best it can be for your employees!! The fact that you wonderful folks take their health, both physical and psychological, into account is amazing. I hope you'll inspire future companies to be the same! )
w7Z8MA5.png
Perfectly pleased with this :)
Perfectly pleased with this :)
2-100.png cyclonebadge_by_roraima99-d9eag0l.pngcapture61_by_zaelum-d9oi1nl.pngPJUJhjg.pnglYEUG48.pngCLNrLrC.pngrm9yNEZ.png9MrYbid.pngHtV4l6v.pngui0xQPS.pngI33TcOG.pngNqnGiVx.pngvx0arYx.pngPovrYRj.pngOJR7cTF.pngHDnZafa.png
This is freakin' awesome!
This is freakin' awesome!
Something I forgot to mention in my original post... what about eggs? Do the ancient dragons hatch from regular eggs or do they have special eggs just for them?
Something I forgot to mention in my original post... what about eggs? Do the ancient dragons hatch from regular eggs or do they have special eggs just for them?
They/Them Oh wow! I got an alert! *clicks notification* science prevails
tumblr_ozby7yUUVB1w8xkufo2_250.png[url=http:
Honestly, I'm not excited for this at all. Ancient breeds seem like a slight cop-out on things, but whatever. Adventure mode has been promised for years, and yet no info on it, and honestly, the newest genes look like they're copy-pasted on some of the dragon breeds. Not looking forward to this at all.
Honestly, I'm not excited for this at all. Ancient breeds seem like a slight cop-out on things, but whatever. Adventure mode has been promised for years, and yet no info on it, and honestly, the newest genes look like they're copy-pasted on some of the dragon breeds. Not looking forward to this at all.
FjGY6Bl.png
This is very exciting.
This is very exciting.
Glad to hear about Stormlight's Ethos AND this really cool coming update! I think I'm going to wind up collecting some Ancients.

Kudos for allowing Ancients to switch to Moderns and vice versa too.
Glad to hear about Stormlight's Ethos AND this really cool coming update! I think I'm going to wind up collecting some Ancients.

Kudos for allowing Ancients to switch to Moderns and vice versa too.
LklXAGK.png
Random question this brings up to me.

If “One head, four legs, two wings, one tail” is a rule (didn't know it was), why do spirals have 2 sets of mini wings on their limbs? And they are pretty obviously wings and even have their secondary color+genes like the main wings do.
Random question this brings up to me.

If “One head, four legs, two wings, one tail” is a rule (didn't know it was), why do spirals have 2 sets of mini wings on their limbs? And they are pretty obviously wings and even have their secondary color+genes like the main wings do.
Ooo, this'll be fun. I honestly didn't expect new breeds anytime soon, because of all the reasons y'all listed for it taking forever. That's a serious amount of work, for new dragon breeds, and it only gets more complicated by the month! xD
Ooo, this'll be fun. I honestly didn't expect new breeds anytime soon, because of all the reasons y'all listed for it taking forever. That's a serious amount of work, for new dragon breeds, and it only gets more complicated by the month! xD
vDMnKay.pngnyJgMSa.pngsdorSGl.pngwe_won.png0FI66hb.png
1 2 ... 114 115 116 117 118 ... 158 159