Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Dragon Breed Development
1 2 ... 115 116 117 118 119 ... 158 159
This is super exciting! I wonder if we might see multi-headed imperials. I believe that was one of the imperial types listed on their information page. :0
This is super exciting! I wonder if we might see multi-headed imperials. I believe that was one of the imperial types listed on their information page. :0
Although I've been on and off of this game, I will deeply have to admit I love all of what you guys do here, or at least show on the surface. You guys try to consider your staff, although even some of us rant or ramble, you guys also consider your userbase, and you guys seem to work as hard as you can to strive to make a fun and close-knit community. Especially as a major outlet for artists and creative writers to express among themselves in such a vast concept such as dragons. And you guys even try to emphasize the artistic part too, with skin and accent contests, theme week, etc. I absolutely love that. Especially including how creative your guy's end is, too. With all of the art, lore, events, games, everything. It always makes me giddy to just come on here and to see what silly events are going on that you guys have, and the great jokes you guys jab at us on other social media platforms. Thank you guys for that, for working so hard and dealing with all of this junk to make such a creatively dorky website. I hope one of you guys will at least be able to read this in this thread and just know you guys are loved and cause so much inspiration and life changing junk. I hope you guys have a good night. [emoji=left wing] [emoji=right wing]
Although I've been on and off of this game, I will deeply have to admit I love all of what you guys do here, or at least show on the surface. You guys try to consider your staff, although even some of us rant or ramble, you guys also consider your userbase, and you guys seem to work as hard as you can to strive to make a fun and close-knit community. Especially as a major outlet for artists and creative writers to express among themselves in such a vast concept such as dragons. And you guys even try to emphasize the artistic part too, with skin and accent contests, theme week, etc. I absolutely love that. Especially including how creative your guy's end is, too. With all of the art, lore, events, games, everything. It always makes me giddy to just come on here and to see what silly events are going on that you guys have, and the great jokes you guys jab at us on other social media platforms. Thank you guys for that, for working so hard and dealing with all of this junk to make such a creatively dorky website. I hope one of you guys will at least be able to read this in this thread and just know you guys are loved and cause so much inspiration and life changing junk. I hope you guys have a good night.
theultimatecatsig.gif
I started crying when I saw the Tidelord thing and I don't know why honestly, but I'm so excited for this lore I'm shakign
I started crying when I saw the Tidelord thing and I don't know why honestly, but I'm so excited for this lore I'm shakign
;
;
;
;
91205854.png
QUESA BLANCA used STEAL YOUR KEYS!
it's SUPER EFFECTIVE!

xlrs2wn.gif ;
;
;
;
When skins are made available on ancient breeds, they'd better be able to cover extra genes and features that go outside the silhouette... i hope it's not like,,, skins on top of Spines but worse.

I'd really like to see user-created apparel for ancient breeds though, since they wouldn't be able to wear traditional apparel. Of course they'd have to follow the rule of being apparel-only and not changing the actual dragon appearance, but it means staff wouldn't have to worry about having an accessory art backlog for ancient breeds.
When skins are made available on ancient breeds, they'd better be able to cover extra genes and features that go outside the silhouette... i hope it's not like,,, skins on top of Spines but worse.

I'd really like to see user-created apparel for ancient breeds though, since they wouldn't be able to wear traditional apparel. Of course they'd have to follow the rule of being apparel-only and not changing the actual dragon appearance, but it means staff wouldn't have to worry about having an accessory art backlog for ancient breeds.
X latest?cb=20160507153351.gifxxxxx

your local gremlin
Art shop || Wishlist
Pedge and Fletcher's Un-Uggo-fy
Always on the lookout for eggs
xxxxx
ZbBrVBF.png
will tidedaddy finally come home to us?
will tidedaddy finally come home to us?
popplio.png457.gif
So excited for ancient breeds! Can't wait to see them!
So excited for ancient breeds! Can't wait to see them!
ASDGSJGFGKSGCJSJSOVJB IXOSVJFKSNFKA

IM PRAYING THAT THE FIRST AB IS A WYVERN YÀAAAAÃÅÆS
ASDGSJGFGKSGCJSJSOVJB IXOSVJFKSNFKA

IM PRAYING THAT THE FIRST AB IS A WYVERN YÀAAAAÃÅÆS
18345.png
771.png
icon dragon
deviantart
tumblr
reddit
•pixilator804
» ...located on first page
« Art & Writing
« Art & Writing
« Writing
« Placeholder.
1967.png
I joined this site in 2014, when I still used Tumblr and there was a lot of buzz about it. I dropped off playing for a few years, came back in 2017, dropped off again, then came back this March and have been really enjoying all of the small and large updates that have taken place since then. FR falls into the "satisfying YouTube compilation" or "finding the perfect place for a beloved piece of decor" or "finishing an art project" category of relaxing activities, for me. A few times, I've looked into other pet sims (outside of the occasional PC stuff, usually aesthetically or story-driven stuff like Night in the Woods or Botanicula, I don't play a lot of games, period)-- but there's really [i]nothing[/i] like Flight Rising. The massive (and, as you said, exponentially increasing) catalog of customization options allow you to take a beautiful but standard template and feel like you've created something really unique. I know there is some disagreement on this point, but having read and listened to a lot of criticism of ostensibly "free to play" games like Fortnite that really stick personalization behind a paywall (and double down on the incentive to pay and pay again), I think FR avoids a lot of those easy capitalist pitfalls while still utilizing a premium currency-- the fact that chests contain premium currency and users can sell items for premium currency is significant. All of this plus the stated dedication to avoiding "crunch" (rampant in the gaming industry) is why I feel comfortable budgeting some of my real world money toward this game. While I'm sympathetic to some user criticisms (i.e. the handling of eye types-- if you've invested a lot into an old dragon, I get it), I also think updates like this show close attention to user feedback balanced with prioritizing staff well-being. Transparency is almost always the best policy, too, and I'm glad to hear there will be more updates like this in the future. Without frequent updates, users (and really, customers of any kind) can lose touch with the actual work going on behind the scenes. Ancients aren't going to make everyone happy, but they are an impressive effort to meet as many demands as possible. I'm personally SUPER excited for them-- I'm so glad I resumed activity on the site this year! I love the simplicity of their not wearing apparel, and I think that is easy to accommodate in lore ("why are all these newfangled children attaching stuff to their bodies??") and will especially please users interested in breeding for color/genes. [emoji=spiral happy]
I joined this site in 2014, when I still used Tumblr and there was a lot of buzz about it. I dropped off playing for a few years, came back in 2017, dropped off again, then came back this March and have been really enjoying all of the small and large updates that have taken place since then. FR falls into the "satisfying YouTube compilation" or "finding the perfect place for a beloved piece of decor" or "finishing an art project" category of relaxing activities, for me.

A few times, I've looked into other pet sims (outside of the occasional PC stuff, usually aesthetically or story-driven stuff like Night in the Woods or Botanicula, I don't play a lot of games, period)-- but there's really nothing like Flight Rising. The massive (and, as you said, exponentially increasing) catalog of customization options allow you to take a beautiful but standard template and feel like you've created something really unique.

I know there is some disagreement on this point, but having read and listened to a lot of criticism of ostensibly "free to play" games like Fortnite that really stick personalization behind a paywall (and double down on the incentive to pay and pay again), I think FR avoids a lot of those easy capitalist pitfalls while still utilizing a premium currency-- the fact that chests contain premium currency and users can sell items for premium currency is significant.

All of this plus the stated dedication to avoiding "crunch" (rampant in the gaming industry) is why I feel comfortable budgeting some of my real world money toward this game. While I'm sympathetic to some user criticisms (i.e. the handling of eye types-- if you've invested a lot into an old dragon, I get it), I also think updates like this show close attention to user feedback balanced with prioritizing staff well-being. Transparency is almost always the best policy, too, and I'm glad to hear there will be more updates like this in the future. Without frequent updates, users (and really, customers of any kind) can lose touch with the actual work going on behind the scenes.

Ancients aren't going to make everyone happy, but they are an impressive effort to meet as many demands as possible. I'm personally SUPER excited for them-- I'm so glad I resumed activity on the site this year! I love the simplicity of their not wearing apparel, and I think that is easy to accommodate in lore ("why are all these newfangled children attaching stuff to their bodies??") and will especially please users interested in breeding for color/genes.
Ohh that sounds so cool, I'm super excited for June already! :D Thank you for always putting in so much effort into constantly providing new content, while also considering your staff and the work they have to put into making things possible. Sometimes, I feel like people only scream for new stuff, but forget to think about the amount of work that's behind it and all, and I think it was really needed to put actual numbers and facts out there. And while not all will read the while wall of text, I hope at least some will and that they'll factor it in before whining the next time (one can hope). Keep up the amazing work! FR is one of the most aesthetically pleasing sites I've been on with all the beautiful art and everything really; I'm honestly grateful for the effort every single staff member - past or present - has put into helping FR become what it is. [emoji=familiar heart]
Ohh that sounds so cool, I'm super excited for June already! :D

Thank you for always putting in so much effort into constantly providing new content, while also considering your staff and the work they have to put into making things possible. Sometimes, I feel like people only scream for new stuff, but forget to think about the amount of work that's behind it and all, and I think it was really needed to put actual numbers and facts out there. And while not all will read the while wall of text, I hope at least some will and that they'll factor it in before whining the next time (one can hope).

Keep up the amazing work! FR is one of the most aesthetically pleasing sites I've been on with all the beautiful art and everything really; I'm honestly grateful for the effort every single staff member - past or present - has put into helping FR become what it is.
   dgHlSWG.png      LEpJMnn.png
Gj9DhHn.png
JkqGYr7.png
pyAp3dI.png
0HBKL8H.png
s7kOTpJ.gif
KRcB6uC.png
o4KdtaP.png
3aAdCVC.png
hbPQKyV.png
4ogWlJU.png
Rl71vuP.png
qeWy3Ik.png
LGvol4P.png
8GgdVkW.png
9QQcg1Z.png
jgeciGJ.png
YMPbu9R.png
     eowYQBf.png
oh my gosh i'm so excited, what great news to come back to!! :o
i almost wish i didn't read this bc now i can't wait until june AAA
thank you guys for all that u do!! i knew making new breeds was time consuming, but i didn't realize exactly how much had to go into it,,, like i didn't even realize how much apparel there is?? aa :0 i'm glad you guys have such a respectable policy n that u balance work/life- that's really admirable :O i'm excited to see how ancient breeds play out n to see the new breed, i think they're a great solution to adding new breeds without overworking!! :D
oh my gosh i'm so excited, what great news to come back to!! :o
i almost wish i didn't read this bc now i can't wait until june AAA
thank you guys for all that u do!! i knew making new breeds was time consuming, but i didn't realize exactly how much had to go into it,,, like i didn't even realize how much apparel there is?? aa :0 i'm glad you guys have such a respectable policy n that u balance work/life- that's really admirable :O i'm excited to see how ancient breeds play out n to see the new breed, i think they're a great solution to adding new breeds without overworking!! :D
she/her
fr time
1 2 ... 115 116 117 118 119 ... 158 159